Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I was floored. For the first time in AGES, I rewound and played those scenes twice. I agree, Krista nailed it. Taylor and Brooke didn't miss a beat: the waffling, running away butt-hurt when the going gets tough, failure to communicate like an adult, and ... LYING!

And best of all, Ridge had no comebacks other than starting off with glib apologies. He quickly STFU. 

And I was kind of surprised that Brooke seemed the coldest. I didn't miss those daggers she was firing at Ridge. Taylor was obviously more distraught. My fondest hope is that neither one ever take him back. Brooke can remain single and I don't know, maybe Taylor and Deacon will actually get together. 

I think this is a great time for Ridge to go away for a LONG, LONG time and for TK to go on his long-awaited sabbatical. 

But first, he needs to fire Thomas.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

26 years I've waited for this day to arrive.

It won't last, but fuck it, I'll still enjoy it 👍🥰74h1wp.jpg.805eebea691b93ab500bd95857c0bfef.jpg

Damn it Anna! I was thinking of using that meme! 😭😭😭

I don't care if it lasts either(but who knows it just might) we all deserved this after 3 decades of this garbage rivalry over an even more garbage man.

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

The jig is up, the news is out

Brooke and Taylor finally got it

I say, what goes on here?

I wanted to shout. I wanted to dance. I wanted to sing!

And I did all three, because I have also been waiting for this day. What made it so damn sweet, was not only having Brooke and Taylor choose themselves, but also making it about Ridge, and how horrible he has been. I almost peed my pants when Taylor was telling Ridge how great it has been for him, having two families and two women who adore him. So, it wasn't so much about the merry-go-round, as it was about Ridge and Ridge's actions. There have been very few people who have ever really been willing to drag Ridge, and I don't think any of them were female, so that was a sight to behold. I love that Brooke came off cold as ice, showing very little emotion. Such a nice change from the weepy, whiny, woman we have had for this past year. 

It was so much awesomeness watching Ridge think he could give his usual platitudes and I'm sorries, and everything would be ok. Listening to him talking about how he needed to go away to decide who he wanted to be with grated hard on my nerves. I can think of three other times Ridge has gone away to choose a woman, and they have both worried and pined, anxious for his return, and at the same time dreading it because they might not be the one he has chosen. Like they are just two bookends, and one will stand firm, while the other one will let the books fall over as their heart gets broken. Whatever will Ridge do now with no choices to make about what woman he wants, and no woman waiting in the wings? 

• Like 5
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, RuntheTable said:

Whatever will Ridge do now with no choices to make about what woman he wants, and no woman waiting in the wings? 

For starters, he can fire his useless, demented son, then book a long-standing date with a legit psychologist to delve deeply into why he treats women so badly, his butt-hurt man-child behavior, massive ego, and on and on and on. He can also scootch over and make room for Thom-ass on the couch.

Thomas is dead wrong for blaming Brooke for his damaged psyche and evil ways and I firmly believe that Ridge's lifelong waffling has contributed moreso to Thomas' pathology, than having Brooke as a stepmother. 

One thing I loved was Brooke throwing a common "Ridge-ism" back in his face, his patented, "Who does that?" That was a definite three-pointer!

Now, I want to see a massive champagne toast in the communal office with Taylor, Brooke, Sinn, and Lope. I sincerely hope this will bring everybody together in the spirit of family and end this ridiculous Logan vs. Forrester feud for good.

I am sure this will only last for a few days, but I'll take whatever I can get. Now, we need to move forward with a Kelly is really Bill's daughter reveal. Steffy may have told the truth at the wedding, but I am not at all ready to let her off the hook for her past misdeeds and ongoing bitchy attitude towards Brooke and Hope. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
43 minutes ago, CharlizeCat said:

Now, we need to move forward with a Kelly is really Bill's daughter reveal.

Well, given how he is currently behaving about his lost loves, Kelly could be the lady that heals his broken heart and bruised ego. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

KA and KKL look like are having a blast in their scenes. It was nice for a change to see them getting along. But I wonder how long they will hold out on the POS.

Bill continues his creepy possessive man tour.

Is Will at boarding school? if so, why does Katie have to rush over to see Bill. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

I'm sorry but the Brooke/Taylor lovefest came off as over the top and fake, fake, fake.  They acted like two high schoolers who were pretending they got over the HS quarterback they were after.       

I hate what they've done to Deacon and $Bill and I hope they come to their senses soon.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
32 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Anybody else see Katie being locked up in a room in Bill's house soon?

He does seem to be reaching "Thomas levels" of obsessive lately. Liam and Wyatt(wherever he is) might want to look into getting their dad some "help".

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Considering how at odds some Taylor and Brooke fans have been for decades, it will be kind of hilarious to see some of them break out of that mold and start writing Brooke and Taylor fan fics after today's episode. 

Ship wars have always been stupid, but none as stupid as this and Lope/Steam one because who really wants to "win" this bozo? 30 years ago,sure--RM is a bit too pritty for my taste, but he rocked a Speedo, could make jokes and actually put effort into romance . NuRidge OTOH is the biggest sourpuss on the show and that's an achievement for a series with Katie Logan in it.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

NuRisge is the biggest sourpuss on the show and that's an achievement for a series with Katie Logan in it.

Oh gosh, remember when Ridge and Katie were a thing for 10 minutes? Knotted yarn engagement ring and all, lol!!!

Edited by TVForever
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 12
4 minutes ago, TVForever said:

Oh gosh, remember when Ridge and Katie were a thing for 10 minutes? Knotted yarn engagement ring and all, lol!!!

God, I try to forget that even more than him and Bridget! They were singlehandedly the most miserable couple in all my years of soapdom bc all they did was talk about their exes. Katie didn't even cry when she found out he'd moved on to Caroline before breaking it off with her, that's how little she cared about Ridge! 😭

• Like 6
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

God, I try to forget that even more than him and Bridget! They were singlehandedly the most miserable couple in all my years of soapdom bc all they did was talk about their exes. Katie didn't even cry when she found out he'd moved on to Caroline before breaking it off with her, that's how little she cared about Ridge! 😭

Ratie was one of the most pitiful pairings I'd ever seen. They fell in "love" after sharing a walk in the park and reading poetry.🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

Another good show today sans the part where the part of Thomas Forrester is now being played by Bill Spencer, Liam’s anxious prairie dog faces in response, and Carter’s already attempting to pee on Katie’s leg. Katie, you I’m danger, girl.

The conversation between Brooke and Taylor was a long time coming. Taylor complimenting Brooke on being a bad-ass and ehhh was my initial reaction, but then she talked about Brooke being so creative and left a mark in the fashion industry, which, true. She added how smart Brooke is (except when it comes to Ridge, the Achilles heel for both of them) and that she’s the hottest chemist. I was equal parts applauding and get a room. you two, ‘cause yep, Kelly and Krista have some serious chemistry not unlike Thorsten and Don.

Taylor praising Brooke for being a good mom and how much she loved her family and she can understand why Ridge was swept away.

Brooke returning the favor by telling Taylor she has respect for her, too. Her choice of career and helping people, which the latter had me saying ehhhh again but I digress. She calls Taylor a healer and how incredible that is.

Two old adversaries hanging out and taking each other’s measure for the first time ever.

Taylor saying that this is the nicest we’ve ever been to each other.

Brooke, a little sad here, “We haven’t had many chances to be nice.”

Taylor, a bit disgusted with herself, “Because we’ve been fighting over a stupid man!” Yes, girl! I’m “yes girl-ing Taylor and who am I right now?

Brooke commenting on how ridiculous they were, grown women, mothers, and grandmothers, fighting over Ridge. Taylor shaking her head, adding how did we let it go on for so long. 

Brooke, determined, saying “this is our opportunity to show the world that we can be strong and capable on our own.”

Taylor: “And that women should never bash each other - especially for a man. We should lift each other up.” 

Brooke, excited, shouts: “Exactly! Let’s eat cake.” 

They make a vow to never fight over Ridge again and Brooke starts cutting into the cake.

Taylor talks about the role each played in this nonsense but how Ridge ate up the attention. They rehash recent events and share mutual apologies. 

They are holding big chunks of cake when their daughters rush in and assume it’s the wedding cake fight round two. Steffy cracked me up with her “Not THIS again!”

They are quick to reassure them that they are celebrating and that Ridge did not choose. Simultaneously they shout: “WE DID!” and tap their pieces of cake together to toast each other and start eating and it is the best thing ever. This is what I want to see more of. Not the endless cat fights over some ain’t worth this fuss man. 

Steffy and Hope are as poleaxed as the rest of us. Brooke says it’s simple and Taylor agrees and says they should have done this a long time ago. 

Brooke: “We had to be ready.” 

Taylor: “And strong enough.”

Hope: “For what, exactly?”

Brooke: “Reclaiming our lives!” 

Taylor: “Choosing ourselves!”

Brooke: “Controlling our destiny” and Taylor hilariously grimaces at her, chiding for her use of the “d” word. And they giggle and again, it’s adorable.

Taylor says that the competition is over. 

Brooke adds, “It comes down to this: if Ridge IS in our lives, that’s great (no, it’s not 😂) but if he’s NOT, that’s fine, too.” 

Jacquie as Steffy’s “is this real life? face is priceless. 

They share that they don’t need Ridge to be happy, no, they don’t. 

Steffy and Hope express that all they have ever wanted is for their moms to be happy. And see, they should have bonded long ago over having to worry and watch out for and even parent their mothers instead of just being kids. 

Brooke talks about how true happiness comes from within and that everyone is in charge of their own inner peace. 

Steffy is still in shock and awe as she expresses that THIS is AH-MAZING. Hope adds, “I never thought I would see this day. Mom, I’m so proud of you.” Same, girl, same. The daughters move to embrace their moms and then ask to partake in some cake, too. They head off to the kitchen together while Brooke and Taylor, perhaps realizing the true cost of their bitter rivalry, the sins of the mother and all that, both tearing up at how happy and proud they’d daughters are, both remarking on how good it feels. 

Brooke: “And I have you to thank for it…my friend. My friend…Taylor.”

Taylor: “My friend…Brooke.” 

And the two embrace and laugh and cry and I’m tearing up and what in the world???

Just knockout scenes today. Even better than the day before which was pretty damn awesome. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 6
  • Love 8

I’m glad Brooke and Taylor have taken this step, but I have to temper my expectations when I remember that Hope and Steffy bragged about being over their triangle and that they were now a happy blended family. Then Mannequin Night happened and all that dissipated. I predict Brooke and Taylor will be cool with everything until Ridge shows interest in someone else (please not Shauna again) and then it will all start up again. We’ll take what we can get at this point though. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I was thinking during Brooke and Taylor's love and appreciation party that somehow they had gotten into a batch of the Devil's lettuce. But all this girl power probably means there's going to be some murder or near murder real soon (Sheila).  No one has told Ridge or Taylor about Sheila possibly being back on the loose, have they?

There's almost no way Bill doesn't put Katie in a secret cage room, right?  Because he is acting so delusional/angry. What was with his statement to Liam that he was still wearing the sword necklace for "protection"?  Is he casting spells now?

I hope Ridge getting kicked to the curb before he even got to voice whatever proclamation he was going to spew means he hops back on the private jet (different pilot I hope) and goes back to Contemplation Island and takes "His Boy" with his to work through their various issues with licensed professionals.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

In my initial viewing of the episode, I thought Brooke and Taylor were over the top. I've changed my mind. I can see how two women in this situation were feeling relieved and giddy about what they had done and should have done years ago. Yes, I watched the episode a second time. 

The actresses were probably happy to finally have new dialogue.  They have great chemistry. The last couple of episodes are the first where I can see that Krista can be a good actress, and understand why they hired her.

We don't have a window into the direction the show's going. I will treat this as a Christmas gift.

The writers have been in a rut. Can they get past it and come up with some new ideas, that don't completely change the characterization of their characters like they are doing with Bill! I agree with CountryGirl because I want to see more shows like this and less fighting over a worthless idiot. Somehow this show fell in a hole by focusing almost exclusively on TODs. 

Edited by madfortv
Fixed wording.
  • Like 13

They bought a cake to celebrate!

Best lines:

Because we were fighting over a stupid man. (not just a man, but a stupid man)

You said the "D" word!

Yeah, it was a little over the top, but I will take it over anything we have had in recent memory. I imagine most prisoners would be giddy and gleeful after being released, especially after three decades of imprisonment. Speaking from personal experience, for I once was also a piner and a chaser, taking control back is very empowering. And it isn't so much about control, but control of your actions. Making the conscious choice to not allow yourself to act like a fool is such a release and is so refreshing. Of course, you still love that person, and want to be with them, but not chasing after them and begging them makes it so much easier. I loved Brooke swinging her hair like a '60's go-go dancer, and Taylor telling Brooke she was a badass. The mutual "we did" to their daughters as they toasted each other with cake was pretty remarkable as well. Will it last? Who knows, but I certainly hope so, because watching Brooke and Taylor was far more compelling than any scene either has had with TK. Outside of that, the actresses seemed to be truly enjoying themselves. I can only imagine how invigorating it must have been to have fresh lines, that are taking their characters in a whole new direction. 

Poor Bill, he has really gone down the rabbit hole in a fast decent. He seems unhinged, and on the verge of doing something crazy. Will Carter have to come to Katie's rescue? Will Li have to come to Bill's? Maybe this will open up a future for Bill and Li; she can step in and help out a troubled friend, just like he stepped in and helped her out. I know none of that was supposed to be funny, but I still cracked up when Liam commented "It's just a little weird to see you primping" and "Is that a diffuser?" 

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Taylor and Brooke were acting like they were high. 

They were high.  🤣  On tv shows and in movies, you know there are always some wine glasses somewhere whenever two or more women get together. 

Seriously though, I thought they were just too giddy.  

• LOL 2

I thought it was a nice nod to continuity when Brooke handed Taylor a glass of sparkling water and commented on it.  Ridge drove both of them to problem drinking! 

Meanwhile, Steffy's outfit:

Matador.jpg

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • LOL 10

I will be very grateful if this is truly the end of TK as Ridge. I’ve never believed him in this role. He has two reactions: Confused with his brows scrunched or yelling and waving his arms around. That is not acting. That is going through the motions for a paycheck. Goodbye,TK.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I thought Brooke and Taylor were over the top. I've changed my mind. I can see how two women in this situation were feeling relieved and giddy about what they had done and should have done years ago. Yes, I watched the episode a second time. 

I absolutely agree! It certainly was in a sense a prison of their own making, but to finally decide to leave the prison has to be a happy moment. I can understand the giddy. I loved the confrontation with Ridge because both Brooke and Taylor got their say and both said things that were absolutely correct.

KA and KKL look like are having a blast in their scenes.

Well I mean it has to be a relief to have some new lines that don't include crying over the giant waffle. KA hasn't been stuck in that rut for as long as KKL but both have to be over it already. Frankly I think KKL has better chemistry with KA than she does with TK!

I really don't understand what the writers are doing with Bill. I'm happy to see him onscreen but like this? No thanks.

'Is that a diffuser?' Hilarious.

• Like 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I will be very grateful if this is truly the end of TK as Ridge. I’ve never believed him in this role. He has two reactions: Confused with his brows scrunched or yelling and waving his arms around. That is not acting. That is going through the motions for a paycheck. Goodbye,TK.

I've always liked TK, but as Ridge, he has only had genuine chemistry with three people - Caroline, Quinn (although I may just choke that up to Rena having chemistry with everybody), and Bill. 

I doubt they'll get rid of him, but I think they should retool the character a lot. Bring in an entirely new actress (after some time of him being single and figuring his shit out) who he has actual chemistry with. I know he's capable of it. He and Alicia Minshew were fucking magical on AMC. And he had insane chemistry with just about everyone in that cast.  In the meantime, give him more scenes with his grandkids. He was magical with children on AMC. 

I know he's capable of more than this, but the way they're writing Ridge now isn't doing him or the character any favors. 

After decades of this shit, KKL must have felt just as giddy as Brooke and Taylor at getting those lines and scenes this week. 

• Like 5
  • Love 6
On 12/16/2022 at 1:05 PM, TVForever said:

On 12/17/2022 at 6:52 PM, KerleyQ said:

I know he's capable of more than this, but the way they're writing Ridge now isn't doing him or the character any favors. 

For all that Ridge has been trashed throughout the years, even before RM left the show, Ridge had a bit more nuance in the early years that's been eroded over the decades. And then, it took a huge nosedive in the last decade with what little nuance was still there.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

What's worse is I can't figure out what's behind $Bill's complete meltdown.

I just love how he's all upset at the idea she might be interested in Carter but cannot seem to fathom why she isn't enamored by the idea he begged her to take him back and when rejected ran to Brooke with nearly the same script.

I'll type it again: I really do not get what the writers are doing with Bill. And good lawd can we stop with the necklace of doom stuff?!? The scenes were well acted of course, but then the necklace stuff started and I cracked up.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Brooke or Taylor saying they were never going to be with Ridge again. I thought they both basically agreed to not let him waffle between them and I assume if eventually if one decides to be with him the other would not be 'the other woman' so to speak. Steffy made it sound like they were both done with Ridge forever.

Now I would prefer they both dump him from now to eternity but I think we all know that ain't gonna happen. The most I am hoping for is an end to the seemingly endless triangle and waffling.

• Like 8
  • Love 4

Something occurred to me; we never got to hear Ridge's "decision".  And then we had him smirking after the ladies exited the office. Could it be that Ridge had also decided not to decide? That maybe he chose to be with neither of them because he realized he is a hopeless waffle? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 7
On 12/17/2022 at 2:33 PM, Chatty Cake said:

It was a long time coming but I’m very happy for Brooke and Taylor. What’s poor Ridgie going to do now? 😂 

Shauna?

i was surprised he didn't come back married to her again......

• LOL 12

The show was pre-empted here around Gotham City, but the episode is on my cable, Comast, On Demand. In fact, Comcast has a whole channel dedicated to B&B On Demand. (ch 26) No kidding.

I love DD and HT together, no matter what their storyline is. On the other hand, I hate Katie, (but love HT). I have hated her ever since she boinked Nick and her whole pretending to have more heart trouble. And I love watching anything $Bill. So I am so conflicted 

$Bill and his sword necklace are almost supernatural.

Edited to add: This was my post from yesterday. Today the show is on and it is the following episode, so if anyone missed yesterday's ep you should find a way to watch it, it was almost all $Bill and Katie.

Edited by SweePea59
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Something occurred to me; we never got to hear Ridge's "decision".  And then we had him smirking after the ladies exited the office. Could it be that Ridge had also decided not to decide? That maybe he chose to be with neither of them because he realized he is a hopeless waffle? 

Ridge would never be that self-aware. His thought bubble read: “Aren't they cute? Who could resist me?” But I love your optimism. 

You will be shocked SHOCKED to learn Sheila escaped. 

After the goodness of Brooke and Taylor last week, today’s episode was such a letdown. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Detective Hotdog was in rare form today, yelling at his phone. 😂 Gave ol' Finn a run for his money in the crappy acting department!

Him emphatically gesturing at his phone was so laughably bad. He wasn’t FaceTiming the call so what in the world was the point of all that gesticulating???

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

In what jurisdiction does the lead detective on a case sit in a private office and let the victims listen to a car chase on speakerphone? And it was such clear reception during a high-speed car chase. IRL, he would have jumped in a car himself to join in the pursuit or hightailed it back to the nick.

JMW sure knows how to make the overly exaggerated facial expressions.

In case anybody had the show pre-empted yesterday, Bill had a borderline psychotic/scary meltdown in front of Katie and begged her to take off on the Stella Maris with Bill and Will. Then, Bill kept whining and pleading about how much he "needs Katie."

Finally, Katie had enough and called him out on his selfish behavior. The best part was she texted Carter to go over to Bill's and pick her up to take her home. Which was just as well, because Bill was verging into "lock her in the attic" territory. In fact, I was holding my breath that when Katie was trying to leave that Bill would grab her and lock her up somewhere. So glad Carter showed up.

So, it was lots of crying, dramatic ripping off of the sword necklace, and desperate proclamations. Katie was basically like, "You're lonely. Deal with it. Bye."

While I admire Brooke and Taylor for dumping Waffle King, I am amazed by how easily Brooke is getting over this so quickly. After wasting  spending decades of her life with Ridge as the focus, I just figured Brooke (and Taylor) would be having a much tougher time letting him go. I also noted that Brooke explained that she and Taylor simply agreed that they would no longer fight over Ridge, not that either one of them was completely blowing him off for good. Although they both should and after they called him out on his failings, I would be disappointed if one or both welcomed him back.

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Detective Hotdog was in rare form today, yelling at his phone. 😂 Gave ol' Finn a run for his money in the crappy acting department!

Yeah, but neither of them can hold a candle to Steffy's "acting"! She was in rare form. Some of her absolute worst.

(Sidenote, "MultiQuote" no longer works on my system.)

• Like 3
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Yeah, but neither of them can hold a candle to Steffy's "acting"! She was in rare form. Some of her absolute worst.

I love how she paces back and forth!  It adds gravitas to her perfomance!  😆

But nothing beats that idiot cop looking at his phone and yelling, that was comedy gold.

I did like the use of the rear-view mirror in Sheila's car, it did add a lot of tension to that scene.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Him emphatically gesturing at his phone was so laughably bad. He wasn’t FaceTiming the call so what in the world was the point of all that gesticulating???

giphy.gif

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

Just glanced up at the TV at the gym. What...is...happening...on...Steffy's...head??? It looks like such a dramatic scene--I'm guessing she's telling Taylor and Carter about Sheila but it looks like Carter is trying to process what in the bluedilly Steffy is wearing. 

Edited by Lilac2000
  • Like 1
  • LOL 13

Steffy's outfit today-- WTH???? Looking like Fashion Executive Barbie🤣

On the other hand, Brooke looked really good today. Nice job there, Wardrobe Dept.

And, it looks like Sad Sack Katie has reentered the chat...

• Like 7
  • Love 2

Shiela 😬😬.  Steffy is acting like Shiela is a serial killer that wants to kill her family  and turn them into meat pie.  

WTF?  Grace Buckingham is a cardiologist?  Katie goes for her annual appointment but unless she had hours of tests we don’t know about, her results would not been known in less than a day. 

What is Steffy wearing?  

• Like 5
  • Love 3