Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Ridge has every right to be angry and disgusted with Thomas, but he also needs to realize that he also lied. He lied to Taylor in Aspen, maybe by omission or by sidestepping her questions, but all the same, he never fessed up about the CPS call. No, instead, he led the WRP to believe he had this pinecone epiphany, that told him he "couldn't do that anymore". Even after Taylor's very pointed questions he remained quiet. Somewhere inside all of that awfulness, he realized that Taylor might just say no if she had all the facts. 

Having said that, it certainly doesn't get Taylor's sorry ass off the hook. She also lied, by not acknowledging the truth, and telling Ridge. And it really wasn't even so much about her and Ridge getting married. It was about their son, and how unstable he is. It was about their young grandson, who once again had to be the only adult in the bunch, and who was once again used to further his whack ass father's agenda. As a doctor, Taylor's first concern should have been for Douglas. This kid has been through a lot for someone so young. A qualified, ethical doctor would realize that someone needs to get a hold of Douglas's young mind right now, before any of his father's traits start seeming like the correct path to take. But Taylor isn't a qualified or ethical doctor, and this stunt proves it beyond all shadow of a doubt. Her first, and only concern, was saying the vows and getting the ring. Oh yes, and besting Brooke. 

If Ridge was willing to throw his marriage away because he thought Brooke lied, then I don't see how he could marry Taylor when she lied for real. You can't hold one person to a certain standard, without holding everyone else to that same standard. Ridge should be just as disappointed in Taylor as he was with Brooke. Actually, he should be more disappointed. If Brooke had indeed called CPS on his boy, she would have done that out of concern for Douglas. Taylor OTOH, was only thinking of herself, her lie involved overlooking not only Thomas's, but Douglas's, mental health. 

Katie's reveal was a nice change of pace and was a good segue into talking about her blossoming romance with Carter. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 15
19 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Having said that, it certainly doesn't get Taylor's sorry ass off the hook. She also lied, by not acknowledging the truth, and telling Ridge.

It most certainly does not.

And it might be just me, but Taylor seems less upset that Thomas faked the call (as she was all too willing to lie about that in her quest to get the tarnished ring and booby prize that is Ridge) and more upset that he was stupid enough to be busted by his kid. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
19 hours ago, KnightStorm said:

Taylor really thinks she and Thomas giving an "apology" is enough to excuse this mess he created? It's easy to see why Thomas is so loony...his mommy has instilled in him her belief that their family is just "better" than everyone else no matter what they do.

Neither Thomas or Taylor have any remorse for the people they hurt, so they could get want they want--it doesn't even faze Thomas that his actions have hurt Douglas and damaged their father/son bond.  I did love it when Ridge called Thomas' actions evil and calculating and for Thomas to try to downplay it as a "mistake" is laughable and insulting.  Hope better rip him apart.

• Applause 6
  • Love 10

Totally agree with the comments about NuTay’s appearance!  Wig slicked to her head, face looking like she still had a facial mask on and man she is all skin and bone.  I guess I was too far away from my 55” screen to catch the spray tan marks on the dress to add to the nightmare.

Steffy did look good for a change..they seem to have toned down her facial makeup and liked her classic hair style.  Her body certainly bounces back after birth!

• Applause 3
  • Love 12

I think they put a bunch of bronzer and highlighter powder on her shoulders and that’s what is rubbing off on the dress. The highlight powder was catching the light a lot in yesterday’s show. The makeup artist probably did too much in the touch ups. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Hoooo some nice potential story developments in today's episode!

Hope is back so the reveal to her is only a matter of time.

Ridge telling Thomas that he'll talk to Eric about his place at the company. (And you can be sure Donna ain't gonna want to live with him either so he about to be jobless and homeless!) What do you want to bet Hope begs Eric and Ridge not to dump Thomas from the company since he's HFTF's lead designer and they just launched the line? If she's dumb enough to do that she gets what she deserves.

Potential Thomas vs Steffy as he's got her as the reason everything blew up. Thomas's psychopathy looks like it's gonna lash out at Steffy and/or Ridge. He seems primed to go the self-destructive route and hook up with Sheila or be the in Sheila is looking for (and mentioned) to get back close to Finn.

The only thing worse for Thomas right now would be if Rick showed up to gloat over his epic fail with a resurrected Caroline coming to take her son back and accuse Thomas of attempted murder/locking her up in a mental hospital so he could kidnap Douglas.

Ridge was cutting deep on Thomas but he could've gone deeper and messier. When he said how much are you going to take from me, it was set up to mention how Thomas cuckolded him with Caroline resulting in Douglas. Ridge could've eviscerated Thomas by saying 'I was right to want to raise that boy myself because you've done nothing but use and abuse him since you got him! You are a horrible son and father so what does that leave you with?'

Ridge actually knocked on Brooke's door and asked to be let in, LOL. That NEVER happens on this show.

It's so sad that because TK is a recast the only early flashbacks they can do with them is that stupid scene of him standing at the top of the stairs. It's the first flashback they use for all of their history scenes. I get that the interns and production staff are happy they don't have to sort through 30 years of scenes for Flashbacks since Ronn isn't around anymore but it's getting tedious with just the stair scenes.

My mom said if I had to 'sell' her to my father so hard like Steffy and Thomas were to Ridge to get him to remarry my mother she'd die of shame and tell me to stop and let it go. It ain't that serious, LOL. Taylor should've been mortified.

• Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 7

So after murder,hiding the survival of a baby(which was the reason for the murder),lie...after lie...after lie...Ridge finally realizes that his baby boy ain't right in the head. Better late than never I suppose...I just hope we get some real mileage out of this. No more backtracking...acknowledge that Thomas is male Sheila...and treat him accordingly.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 16

I am dying over the premise that all of Tommy Two Screws (TM $Bill) previous machinations were excused because of his brain injury/mental health but then he was inexplicably and completely healthy and stable when it came time to having full custody of Douglas but now that he's done what he's done with the CPS call, we need to give him grace for his mental health issues. 

Which is not to make light of mental health issues whatsoever as I have had my own MH struggles in the past, but I'm getting whiplash from Thomas is not fine to fine and not fine again.

IMO, he's never been right and will never be right unless he gets some serious help that doesn't come from his crackerjack box psychiatrist mama.

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

Taylor Taylor Taylor is to be expected that it doesn’t matter to you that Ridge was manipulated by Lurch. In a sense Taylor, you are condoning what Lurch has done.  Someway some how, Douglas didn’t inherit his father’s trait of manipulation and deceit.  His integrity has to come from Caroline and being raised by Hope and Liam.  I give Stuffy very little credit for telling the truth but she still expects Ridge to marry her mother. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Photos from the Wedding That Wasn't (https://soaps.sheknows.com/gallery/bold-beautiful-ridge-taylor-wedding-2022-photos/episode-1-8898-3/)

Carter-Eric-Thomas-BB-CBS.jpg?fit=1230,7

Douglas-Thomas-BB-CBS-1.jpg?fit=1230,164

NuKelly and Douglas are so adorable:

beth-douglas-BB-CBS.jpg?fit=1230,1682

Finn-BB-CBS.jpg?fit=1230,1686

Li is gorgeous and Bill is an idiot for acting like his waffling son.

Li-Finn-BB-CBS.jpg?fit=1230,1679

I agree that understated Steffy is a gorgeous Steffy.

Steffy-BB-CBS.jpg?fit=1230,1687

Thomas-Eric-Steffy-portrait-BB-CBS.jpg?f

Taylor-Carter-Ridge-wedding-BB-CBS.jpg?f

Gorgeous pics. Except for Taylor. Steffy and  Liberty Mutual guy make a beautiful couple.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Ridge knocked. That was so different, it actually gave me hope of an unexpected outcome. 

So, Ridge is going to go deep with his disgust and disappointment with Thomas, talking about consequences, talking about his job, and his mental health. That is a good thing. But Ridge, ole boy, ole pal, there should be some consequences for you too. Your history of knee jerk reactions has reared its ugly head again, a history that has wreaked havoc on Brooke's life, on Taylor's life, on Rick and Bridget's life, and on the TayTot's lives. But even though all those people have suffered because your ego outweighs your sense of right and wrong, you have never paid a single dime. Of course, it was much worse when you mother was alive, a person who would find a way to blame Brooke for all of your actions. But you are on your own now, and it would be nice to see you get some comeuppance for not having any faith in the woman you have been involved with for nearly 40 years. 

Now, Brooke didn't look all that in tune with what Ridge was saying. She looked a bit squinty about it all. Dare I hope that it will all be too much for her? After months of telling Ridge that Thomas wasn't right, and him pushing back that she needed to forgive and forget? That Thomas was all better, and was being a good boy now? After Ridge just walking out on her without explanation? Who cares what a mother fucker thought they knew. Ridge knows Brooke, and he knows she would not have lied about making that call, but he wouldn't even give her the opportunity to deny it. And really, if she had made it, what is the big deal? She would only have been doing it out of concern for Douglas, but of course Ridge would see it as an attack on his precious boy, and to hell with Douglas's well being. Well, a girl can hope for a better ending than a Bridge reunion. Right?

I have no words for Taylor. And I have no sympathy for her either. She went into this mess with her eyes wide open, but as always:

giphy.gif

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
  • Love 5

I like that Ridge's total focus was on Thomas, his boy, the self-involved man child--great insult by the way--and all the pain he's caused, to his son Douglas who can't even look at him. Good for Ridge for being appalled at that as well as the angst involving Brooke and the CPS call.  I have zero pity for Taylor because she knowingly accepted a proposal from a man who was clearly rebounding.

Thomas didn't show any type of remorse until the possibility of his no longer being employed was brought up and then the tears came.  How exactly did he think he was going to keep Hope and her fashion line in his life after all of his evil plotting came to light?  

• Like 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Thomas didn't show any type of remorse until the possibility of his no longer being employed was brought up and then the tears came.  How exactly did he think he was going to keep Hope and her fashion line in his life after all of his evil plotting came to light?  

This really stuck out to me, too. He was aggressively confident in what he'd done until the job came up. I think it kind of shows what a shitty job Ridge and Taylor have done with him, because he fully thought he would face no serious consequences for this. He thought they'd just shake their heads "oh, that Thomas," and get past it. The idea of losing his job over it was the only thing that cracked through that. 

Is it too much to ask that, since we all know Brooke will take Ridge back, she at least makes him grovel some first? Brooke, he hopped a plane to Aspen to chase Taylor through the mountains, so you need at least that much groveling (much more, really, but let's set the baseline). I'll give TK credit, Ridge did really look like he was in misery at the end of the episode. And Ridge actually knocking and then asking, complete with a "please," if he could come in was a nice touch. 

Taylor seems like she's trying to convince herself they're still getting married, and Ridge just needed to go apologize to Brooke first. Once reality sets in, and with Thomas repeatedly talking about how Steffy is the reason they're not getting married, I have a tiny sliver of hope for my wish for a Forrester family battle with Thomas/Taylor on one side and Steffy/Ridge on the other side. 

I am eager to see Hope and Liam find out what happened now. Do not disappoint me, show. I need to see Hope rip Thomas to pieces and then take Douglas home, telling Thomas he can talk to her lawyer. Also, I'm a sap who wants to see a Liam/Douglas reunion where Douglas feels bad about pushing him aside recently, and Liam makes him feel better about it. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 14

Thank you Brooke for letting Ridge know how much of a screw up he is. Time alone is exactly what he needs. It was one thing when he was in his 20'd,30's,and even his 40's...but a sixty something grandfather being this flaky is just pathetic. He's at the point he should be giving his kids and grandkids advice...not playing playboy.

Edited by KnightStorm
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 14

Finally, Brooke told Ridge to stop with the back and forth. I wish she had been more angry and disgusted with him. Instead, I expect she'll take her anger out on Taylor for not telling Ridge the truth. 

There is a lot of bad history between the women, and the writers are going down the age old path once again of blaming the other woman. Brooke and Taylor are both at fault, but I  bet they will still pine over that loser Ridge hoping he will pick one of them. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love 11

Now Brooke has some self respect 🤣 How long will this last.

7 minutes ago, madfortv said:

I expect she'll take her anger out on Taylor for not telling Ridge the truth. 

Of course she will. The women always blame each other more than the men on this show. 

Finn was not here for Thomas going after Steffy. 

• Like 2
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, tricknasty said:

Gorgeous pics. Except for Taylor. Steffy and  Liberty Mutual guy make a beautiful couple.

Everyone looks fantastic except the bride. *SMH* Please make it stop with the “Cha Cha Cha” That brings up the TOD.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Brooke, speaking for all of us today: "“Your son needs some serious professional help, and I don’t mean Taylor.”

Speaking of delusional, Taylor continues to astound me with her inability to read a room and her sense of entitlement is something else. Her "I was going to tell him...tomorrow." Yes, after the vows had been spoken and the rings exchanged and the marriage certificate signed. No wonder her tots feel like the big bad world owes them everything.

Say what you want about Brooke (I've said plenty myself), but I don't ever recall her tricking - or attempting to trick - someone into marrying her. 

And I don't believe Taylor one iota when she says she would have told him, eventually. She would have kept the secret for as long as she could. Just like she still has the secret, except for a few, of attempting to murder Bill in cold blood.

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 12

Brooke was way nicer to Ridge than he deserved. She touched on the 'You left me and went to Aspen' and didn't dig into with gusto with 'You told me you left something at the office and had me standing here waiting for you only to not have you come home and find out the next day you went to Aspen!  I follow you to Aspen for you to tell me that we're over without you giving me so much as an explanation!'

She could've reamed him good. But she took the high road and simply but firmly told him to figure out who he was and what he wanted and then stepped back to left him GTFO.

Brooke doesn't need to get her hackles up at Taylor for knowing about Thomas's stunt a mere 5 mins before the wedding or going along with it until Steffy blabbed. Brooke's kept her own pivotal secrets when it suited her to get Ridge so stones...glass houses and all that. And yet still she's itching for her showdown with Taylor no doubt.

Brooke, c'mon girl. You never would have believed Thomas was capable of doing something like this to anyone? Really? This dude lied about your daughter's dead baby actually being alive! There is no low bar for him.

Thomas saying he'd go over to Brooke's to retrieve Ridge had me howling. Stephanie's blood and audacity runs through that man's veins! She'd totally have done the same thing and told Brooke to stuff it when she tried to call her out.

Thomas is gunning for Steffy HARD. And Thomas and Finn's bromance has hit the skids it seems.

Loved the OG music closing out the final scenes with Brooke and Ridge.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 12

What kind of honeymoon would it have been for Taylor to drop that bombshell on Ridge? That’s just so stupid. She knows damn well she should have spoken to him before the wedding. Now she looks like a deceitful manipulator.

I don’t want to see Brooke and Taylor fighting over this guy again with both of them hoping and moping.

I was hoping Li would show up at the bar for a drink with Bill.

Quit torturing us show!

• Like 1
  • Applause 7
  • Love 8

Now if I was Brooke, I would hand Ridge his hat and go back to Taylor and his psycho son and elitist daughter. By the way Ridge tell Lurch to return Douglas to Hope’s and Liam’s care. 

I almost forgot to ask why is Taylor wearing white. Wouldn’t this have been her 7th marriage?  

Self respect Brooke, you finally found self respect?  😂😂😂, you would have if you didn’t go ahead and hug Ridge before he left to find himself once again.  

They are all pathetic even Bill with his wallowing in his despair.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

The fall out sprinkling all over Tay and her Tots is sweet ambrosia to my bruised psyche. If I only had faith that Brooke would stick to her guns a bit longer than Taylor did. Ridge and Tom need to head over to that mental health palace in Monaco that Steffy floated through.  And Dr Collarbones can go help starving third world children with their anxiety and depression, or whatever she was doing. 

But $Bill drowning his "Nice Guy" sorrows at the bar of an upscale restaurant is pathetic, and concerning. He was looking legit FURIOUS that he had 'become a better man' and he still didn't get either lady he wanted. No, Bill. NO. I do not receive that. Stop that right now.

All I'm looking forward to is Douglas going back to Hope and Liam full time, and watching Thomas have to say a tearful goodbye.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

Brook has self respect now? Well however it came about glad she told him he had to stop and he needs to figure it out. 

Surprised Ridge was actually allowed to voice abuse of Douglas.  Brooke needs to go tell Hope to pick up her child and if Taylor or Steffy say a word about how Thomas is changed great father and how Douglas needs to be a Forrester then Hope needs to slap them both. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 6

So, I watched that about 5 10 times. 

I began to understand when Brooke starting challenging Ridge on Taylor, and he admitted she knew, but was going to "tell me later." Yeah right, Brooke saw through that shit real quick and in a hurry, and ask Ridge "When? When was she going to tell you? After you slipped the ring on her finger, and she became your wife?" Ridge had no answer, so he just tried to shut Brooke's anger down with "the point is, I was played, and you were played" followed by "and I came here to apologize. I'm sorry." The look on Brooke's face though. For once, she looked undone by Ridge. I was so happy when she pointed out his infidelity, and how he just dumped her to drown in her pain, as he began a new life. What I liked most though, is that Brooke didn't make it about destiny, she made it about Ridge and his choices. I squeed like a little kid when she told him she couldn't do it for him and stepped aside so he could leave. I guess the only down side is we have had these "Ridge's choice" SL's before, at least three that I can recall, but the others were more about him choosing between Brooke and Taylor, where this time it seems to be more about Ridge figuring himself out. In any event, I will take what actually happened over what could have happened. 

I guess this will be TK's long awaiting sabbatical from Show. 

I think the Marone/Hayes family dynamic is going to be very interesting going forward. I also think Thomas will be gunning for Steffy now, but I also think he will have Brooke in his sights. I have no doubt Brooke will run directly to Hope to fill her in, particularly after Ridge admitted Thomas had been abusing Douglas. Hope might go full throttle on Thomas and seek sole custody, or she might just insist that Douglas come home. Either way, Thomas will blame Brooke for losing Hope and losing Douglas. I can also see Ridge going hard on Thomas, and Taylor fighting him, saying Thomas made a bad choice and that Ridge is being too hard on him. Taylor will justify her stance by saying that it was only Brooke that Thomas hurt, so no big deal, completely overlooking that it was an evil manipulation of her life and his father's life too, not to mention what he did to Douglas. I think Taylor's stance will have a great deal to do with Ridge's "decision". 

Hopefully, Thomas will experience a full ex-communication from the family and the company and start receiving those long overdue consequences. I am not a big fan of Finn, but I like how he was protecting his wife; just another family dynamic that has changed. It is weird, but Steffy is the one shining brightest right now. She did the right thing, she stepped up for Douglas, and she hasn't backed down and continues to stand her ground with Thomas. I don't want to like her, but if they keep the character moving in this direction, I could get to a point of tolerating her. 

Taylor is lost in her delusions. She knows why Ridge proposed. Anyone with a single friggin brain cell could connect the dots. Taylor has always lived in her fantasies about Ridge, always getting her confidence from other's, mainly Stephanie, that Ridge loves her above all others. As a doctor, you would think Taylor would know that anyone who needs that type of constant reassurance about her husband's commitment, is actually in a troubled marriage. She has continually put herself in this situation, and then has blamed Brooke for her sorrows. 

I just don't know what to make of Bill. Why can't they let him move on with Li? I was enjoying a toned down Bill and I didn't like what I was seeing yesterday. 

• Applause 2
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

I can also see Ridge going hard on Thomas, and Taylor fighting him, saying Thomas made a bad choice and that Ridge is being too hard on him. Taylor will justify her stance by saying that it was only Brooke that Thomas hurt, so no big deal, completely overlooking that it was an evil manipulation of her life and his father's life too, not to mention what he did to Douglas.

Except this isn't Thomas just making an isolated bad choice - this is after he supposedly reformed from the other bad choices he made upon his return - Gaslighting his son and using him as a pawn to snag Hope, lying to Hope about Beth, trying to kidnap her, running Emma off the damn road, providing no assistance, and watching her die. Taylor can't put her head in the sand on this as this ANOTHER bad choice her son has made and not just the most recent one! He stayed quiet about knowing Sheila switched the bottles on Brooke and the result was Steffy needing to investigate and getting shot along with her husband Finn. In reality, Thomas's 'slip' then was the red flag that they ignored to their detriment. Thomas is showing the same kinds of psychopathy that Sheila does in that he thinks other people are out to get him and his family/hurt his family (Brooke, Liam, The Logans) and so any action he takes to get what his rightfully his or set the situation to what *he* thinks is right is justified.  The only sliver of reformation he showed was when he gave up the tape of Vinny that cleared Liam, we were with Thomas throughout his thought process and on that one I will begrudgingly admit he came to the sane/right conclusion and came forward and did the right thing. Not saying his feelings for Hope didn't influence his actions but they influenced him to doing something for her instead of for himself to get her.

But this Thomas today has backslid and is now digging in his heels and doubling down. My theory is that this is gonna lead him and Sheila joining forces as they both hate Brooke to such a degree and Sheila feels she owes Taylor and wants an in with Finn and Hayes again. She's gonna manipulate him to her advantage somehow once again even when he should know better because he'll be blinded by his anger at Brooke, Steffy, and Ridge to want to do/be better.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Not saying his feelings for Hope didn't influence his actions but they influenced him to doing something for her instead of for himself to get her.

Does this forum think Thomas really loves Hope (in his own twisted way), or just wants to "win" her because she's something/one he's never had, and can't seem to get?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
11 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Does this forum think Thomas really loves Hope (in his own twisted way), or just wants to "win" her because she's something/one he's never had, and can't seem to get?

I'd say he just wants to win her. People like Thomas are incapable of genuine love. He was obsessed with Brooke at one point as well...and he seems to have transferred it over to her daughter. I'm surprised he never stalked Bridget.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I think that Thomas "thinks" he loves Hope. I believe that at first, he was all in on the Logan vendetta and thought he could "win" Hope away from Liam, so Steffy could have Waffle King 2.0 all to herself. Hope would be collateral damage, buy, eh, a nice bonus for Thomas. I think that over the years, since Thomas has gotten to know Hope, he may have developed genuine feelings for her, but those quickly turned to obsession. He is deluding himself and justifying his actions as "love."

Yesterday, I thought Brooke was w-a-a-y too easy on Ridge.  I was a bit disappointed that it appears that the lion's share of her anger will be directed at Taylor, when really, Ridge and Thomas deserve the biggest helping of wrath and FU. Ridge initially set the scene for this way back in January when he had to move to Steffy's house because he was so butt-hurt over Brooke's NYE kiss with Deacon. Then there was the open encouragement of Taylor with the snuggles, empty promises, stolen kisses, family moments, etc.

Make these a-hole men be accountable for once. 

Ridge just flat-out disgusts me. Period. Oh, and yeah, classy touch of him pouring himself a vodka at Brooke's house. WTF does she even keep alcohol around anyway? That's just playing with fire. 

• Like 2
  • Love 9

What is Hope wearing. 😐 Looks a like robe with jeans underneath. 

Oh, well that was somewhat of a nice last scene with Brooke and Taylor. Both saying sorry and that they both told Ridge to pick one already. 

Edited by backhometome
  • Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Most of the show today was an improvement over the norm. It was a wonder that Hope finally told Liam about Thomas trying to kiss her. While I'm neutral towards Brooke and Taylor, perhaps because I don't have a consistent history with either one, the one off putting scene was when Brooke first confronted Taylor. I could understand Brooke being upset that Taylor didn't tell the truth right away, but she should have been more angry at Ridge and not Taylor. As someone said in a post above, Ridge got off easy. It was also good when they actually talked and Taylor said she ran away from Ridge at first but he followed her and said his feelings had nothing to do with Brooke.

Does the show have new writers? The last couple of months there's been more truth-telling more quickly than in the last several years. I first noticed it when Donna had to tell Brooke something. She said it right away instead of the audience having to wait through several commercials while she was getting interrupted a few times. 

The cast is small, but I hope the writers can come up with some new ideas for interesting story lines without the constant breakups. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, backhometome said:

What is Hope wearing. 😐 Looks a like robe with jeans underneath. 

Oh, well that was somewhat of a nice last scene with Brooke and Taylor. Both saying sorry and that they both told Ridge to pick one already. 

It was gracious of Brooke to tell Taylor she was sorry.  I didn’t hear Taylor tell Ridge to pick either her or Brooke?  She still wanted to get married.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Foghorn Leghorn said:

It was gracious of Brooke to tell Taylor she was sorry.  I didn’t hear Taylor tell Ridge to pick either her or Brooke?  She still wanted to get married.

I meant back in Aspen she told Ridge she didn't want to be with him because of Brooke doing something. And the idiot told her it wasnt. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

I think it's the latter with Thomas thinking that it's the former. One thing that they've lightly touched on obliquely is that in reality his anger and resentment at Liam is in large part is displaced anger at his father for his 'waffling/indecision' (in his mind) when it came to his mom and Brooke. His obsession over Hope is his overcompensation of the the type of behavior he thinks a man (his father) should show the woman he lovers (his mother).  Thomas has repeatedly said that he's a one woman man and has backed that behavior up in re to Hope in that he's focused all his energy into denigrating his rivals, manipulating situations to his advantage and to 'demonstrate' his loyalty to her but the key thing that shows he doesn't love her in any healthy way is that anything that Hope loves that is an inconvenience to him he not only dismisses he actively attacks/moves out of the way (Beth, Liam, Hope). If Thomas loved Hope in a healthy way he would've struggled with taking Phoebe away from his sister but ultimately told Hope that Beth was alive; he wouldn't call her mother a filthy slut from the valley and work against her with such malicious intent, he wouldn't use their son in an emotionally abusive manner to win her and keep her close. Also his fantasies about her tend to be somewhat an exaggeration (almost aggressively seductive, take charge, etc.) of who she actually is.  She has never been that flirty, assertive with Thomas unless she was confident she was running a con on him (Zoe-gate wedding); the other times it's been when we've seen her humping it up with Liam. 

Brooke was very gracious with Taylor and ultimately so was Taylor. As much as Brooke was hurt/hurting I think when she heard what Taylor said about Ridge chasing her to Aspen and up the mountain she was thinking 'Yeah, he put you through it too I guess; he knew damn well that he was running away from my 'betrayal' and lied to your face'.

Um. So when we gonna get Hope eviscerating Thomas? Because I need to see that. Liam, just sit down and shut up. Don't go running to poke the bear because 'confronting' Thomas in any way won't lead to anything good.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
20 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Say what you want about Brooke (I've said plenty myself), but I don't ever recall her tricking - or attempting to trick - someone into marrying her. 

The only thing in her history that skirts that line is when she learned Taylor was going to tell Ridge about Thomas at their wedding and she moved the wedding up an hour so she wouldn't be there on time. And even then, I still feel the bulk of the ones was on Taylor to disclose that sooner than the 40 week mark...which she didn't do because she knew Ridge wanted to be with Brooke.

It's baffling that she took all the heat for that and Taylor (and even Thorne, who was pushing her to keep quiet) for off scot free for that and I hate it. 😐

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

The only thing in her history that skirts that line is when she learned Taylor was going to tell Ridge about Thomas at their wedding and she moved the wedding up an hour so she wouldn't be there on time. And even then, I still feel the bulk of the ones was on Taylor to disclose that sooner than the 40 week mark...which she didn't do because she knew Ridge wanted to be with Brooke.

It's baffling that she took all the heat for that and Taylor (and even Thorne, who was pushing her to keep quiet) for off scot free for that and I hate it. 😐

I gave her a pass for that for the same reasons. Thomas' paternity secret was not Brooke's to tell. Why Brooke was even in that conversation in terms of blame when Taylor was right there as was Thorne, who was happy to take credit as the daddy, is beyond my comprehension.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7

Not that I care about either one of these witches, but Brooke had some nerve marching over to Taylor's to give her a dressing down.  Doesn't matter what Taylor knew or when she knew it.  I wouldn't have minded if Taylor had clocked her.  Oh well, I guess it was nice that they kind of made peace at the end. 

However, I don't think either one of them has given up on getting Ridge back, so I can't wait until the catfight starts up again.  I just hope that the TayTots and Hope stay out of it.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Love 3

Ridge chased you to the top of the mountain Taylor 😂. Maybe a hill because the top of the mountain would be over 8,000 feet.  

Nice touch today with Taylor and Brooke becoming frenemies. They should of made a pack for neither one of them to take Ridge back. 

Nice to see Douglas back with Hope and Liam. 

• Like 3
  • Love 9

I had the same robe Hope was wearing today and also the nightgown that matched. Her clothes are just ridiculous. Hope For The Future is a bunch of ugly, cheap looking clothes.

NuTay and Brooke deserve a much better, more honorable, more reliable and more honest man in their lives than that piece of crap, Ridge. Send him out of the country and then have him killed in a way that cannot be misconstrued. Like truly dead forever with a body that can be cremated. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

"We both deserve better, but whichever one of us he picks after he takes a day and a half to think things over will fall giddily into his arms." 

Liam always looks like he thinks Douglas is just the greatest little person on earth. 

I love Brooke's emphasis to both Ridge and Taylor that Thomas needs serious help from a doctor who isn't Taylor. 

I'm just so damn glad that it seems like we are truly past Defcon "Holy fuck, they're going to have Hope sleep with Thomas and Liam sleep with Brooke, aren't they?" 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I'm just so damn glad that it seems like we are truly past Defcon "Holy fuck, they're going to have Hope sleep with Thomas and Liam sleep with Brooke, aren't they?"

Thank fuck it didn't go there. I would have been completely and irrevocably done with this show if it had.

• Applause 4
  • Love 5

Lots of nice things in that episode. 

I have no problem what-so-ever with Brooke calling Taylor out. I guarantee you if the roles had been reversed, Taylor would not have hesitated to drag Brooke, something she does on a regular basis for far less, and more often, for her wild imaginings. What was especially nice about those scenes was watching each woman sort of grow up and realize how each had been played to the middle by a loser, waffling bastard. At first I was put out that Taylor was going into detail about Aspen, but I realized Brooke needed to hear that. She needed to hear that, just like Katie needed to hear Carter telling Bill he heard him declaring his undying love for Brooke, seconds before he did the same thing with Katie. Brooke realized she was under false impressions, thinking Taylor had known all along about Ridge believing she had made the call. It had to hurt, and be an eye opener, to hear what actually happened, and how Ridge played Taylor. And although she didn't acknowledge it, I think Taylor was surprised and impressed with Brooke's decision regarding her relationship with Ridge. 

Steffy almost closing the door on Thomas had me giggling. I am so invested in this new dynamic between the Tot's. In reality, Steffy doesn't have much wiggle room here considering her history with Hope, Brooke, Ivy and Ally, but her stance about what Thomas did, and how he treated his son is spot on, so I will take it if it means a disintegration of their happy little family unit. 

Douglas looked happy to be home; much more relaxed, with the shadow of fear and disappointment gone. 

I understand that husbands would get upset about another man making moves on their wives, but really Liam? After HopequinnGate, you really don't have a leg to stand on in the outrage department. But it was nice that Hope finally came clean about it. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Not that I care about either one of these witches, but Brooke had some nerve marching over to Taylor's to give her a dressing down.  Doesn't matter what Taylor knew or when she knew it.  ...   Oh well, I guess it was nice that they kind of made peace at the end. 

Really liked this part of CRASHCOURSE's post. I couldn't think of the right words for why I was disgusted with the start of Brooke's and Taylor's conversation. Saying Brooke had a lot of nerve to give Taylor a dressing down was perfect. The rest of the conversation when they actually listened to each other was fine. 

If TK is on sabbatical. I can't help but speculate if Ridge will return married to someone else. Seems like an idea the lack-of-vision writers would come up with. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Brooke should have confronted that man-chasing, simpering simpleton months ago about openly trying to break up her marriage to Ridge.  Bell said that Taylor came to town with an agenda and she got on it pronto.  When she could not get the job done, the terrible tridgites joined the fray.  For months Brooke was run down daily and often with lies to persuade the aging playboy to choose Mommy Acorn the born -again virgin saint-NOT.

Brooke showed more class than Taylor did in the whole year she has been fouling up my tv screen.  That idiot waited hours in her dirty wedding gown for the man who walked out on her.  Pathetic.  Yet Brooke was not cruel or mean to the woman who gladly slept with her husband. The one with colossal nerve is Taylor.

• Like 1
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 5

Glad Hope has come to her senses, but I'm still a little mad that she was that dumb in the first place. I know Liam had to struggle not telling her "yeah you were hella foolish for trusting Thomas" especially after she told him that Thomas tried to kiss her. Either Hope or Liam should call Thomas out for lambasting Brooke but thinks nothing of pursing & coming onto a married woman.  

I don't see what's so horrible about Brooke confronting Taylor about her knowledge of CPSgate, especially given the mutually insightful/cool way the conversation ended between the two. Another pointless fight over that bozo Ridge is the last thing these two need. Brooke wasn't mean or juvenile at all, and I'm honestly glad she & Taylor apologized to one another. Also, like @RuntheTable said Taylor has shown up to Brooke's home uninvited to rip her a new one before, whether she had a valid reason and was sticking to facts or not. Brooke has had to endure the whitewashing of Taylor just about their entire rivalry but in the last year it's been particularly bad. Just the fact that this is being treated like the first time Taylor has ever lied before is ridiculous enough. So when Taylor doesn't live up to the pedestal she's routinely put on, not pointing that out at all & going the high road might be asking too much given the vitriol that's been hurled at Brooke in Taylor's name or by Taylor herself. Brooke didn't have any more nerve than Taylor did when she confronted her about Deacon/NYE so what's the real issue here?

I think I've gathered that Taylor is not the kind of woman that can take what she dishes out. With that said, she handled things pretty good this time as did Brooke. Hopefully this means they move onto better things, and Ridge can be in both of their rear views. 

Edited by Skarzero
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 7

While Ridge deserves the lion’s share of Brooke’s vitriol, Taylor wasn’t an innocent lamb. She willingly kissed and canoodled and yes, fucked a married man and reveled in it. She chose to be deliberately obtuse and believe that Ridge was choosing her for her and not because he was pissed off at Brooke, even though there were huge red 🚩 🚩 waving in her face. She chose to keep the faked CPS call a secret and would have gone through with the wedding had Steffy not done the right thing and called the ceremony to a halt. And yes, as PP have pointed out, she was still sitting around in her wedding gown, thinking it didn’t matter that she lied and that Brooke had been wrongfully accused, tried, and convicted in Ridge’s eyes, she DGAF about Brooke or anyone but herself as she wallowed in self-pity. 

Brooke had EVERY right to confront Taylor, the other woman, who was an all-too-willing accomplice in the war on Brooke’s marriage to Ridge. 

I did like that each woman acknowledged the hurt that they both experienced at Ridge’s hands and that Taylor finally apologized to Brooke. Brooke expressing her sympathy and giving Taylor more grace than she probably deserves because she knows full well what it’s like to continually have her heart trampled on by Ridge shows why I will always be Team Brooke. Even when I want to throttle her at times. I wish both women would wise up and kick this trifling, waffling asshole to the curb and tell him the bakery is closed. But we all know they will soon be back to doing the “pick me” dance. 

Elsewhere, I loved that Hope’s immediate recourse was to bring Douglas home. You could see Douglas visibly relax with them, even as he was saddened by his father once again letting him down. The hug at the end and him snuggling into Liam’s arms was very sweet. 

I cackled at Steffy striding into the CEO office at FC and purposefully bodily slamming the door to hit Thomas. This is a Steffy I could get behind, even if I 🙄 her parent-trap whining. I’d love to see her go to war with Thomas. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 7
  • Love 8