Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Who was this CJ guy? Was he related to RJ?

So how old was RJ at this point? Was he old enough to drive?

I really liked that mustard yellow gown.

Honestly, how did Sally think she could get away with promoting FC designs as her own? As soon as the images hit the press the Forresters would know she'd stolen them.

Is it me or did RJ and Coco look like brother and sister? Ew. And I think Darlita resembled Summer Newman over on Y&R.

Or when Thomas Forrester, the actual designer, paid an unexpected visit to the Spectra show he'd know right away the gowns were stolen. Yikes!

• Love 1

Ah, today's show starred the Sally Girl I know and love. The one with the "more is more" approach to fashion and styling. The fearless one who thrived on risk-taking. It really was jarring to see the dramatic change in the character from those days to today. That Sally would never be groveling for Wyatt or staging silly games of desperation to win any man.  I sorely miss her!

I also miss PF.  The ones I don't miss -- Slouchy and Coco.

• Love 3
(edited)

@Joimiaroxeu CJ is OG Sally’s son. He sort of disappeared from the show after his mom and sister Macy left. His mom is supposed to be alive and living on an island somewhere, but the actress who played Sally passed away and the show did not recast out of respect for her. His sister Macy’s character died. They conveniently brought him back as the owner of the building current Sally needed for her fashion business in order to help introduce the new Sally and her crew that included her grandma who was a sister to OG Sally. He disappeared again after the building was no longer an issue. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I had forgotten that nuSally had a whole family & crew. As much, as I couldn’t stand her little sister since she & RJ were on 24/7 it was nice to have teens on the show. Also, RJ is Ridge & Brooks kid which should mean something. It was great seeing Pierson Fode. He & Sally were just getting started when they fired Courtney Hope. I don’t like nuCrazy Thomas & his beady eyes. I think PF is doing movies now & wouldn’t come back if he was asked anyway. 

• Love 3
On 5/15/2020 at 9:58 PM, ByaNose said:

Also, RJ is Ridge & Brooks kid which should mean something. 

Lol

Look at how shafted all the other legacy children after Rick have been. Thomas is Adam Newman without the intelligence or wit and Steffy is languishing away mooning over a man who has at best treated her as a diversion. All the other granddaughters of Eric and Stephanie are dead. I doubt we'll ever seen Logan Knight-Forrester or Lizzie appear on this show again.

That said, TIIC didn't even try to do anything with RJ. He and Hope were as close in age as Rick and Bridget and he could have and should have been aged up when she was as a mediator between all his half-sibs. Such a missed opportunity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Seeing Sally’s family again just makes the most recent storyline that much more frustrating. Sally should have a family member to talk to like her grandma, sister Coco or even her cousin CJ. 

I miss the strong and talented Sally instead of the girl who schemes and fakes her own illness over a guy who doesn’t deserve her. 

She had so much chemistry with Pierson Fode’s Thomas, but even that got fouled up as he and Courtney each left to do other projects. Just as they would get together he’d leave her again to be with Caroline off screen. 

• Love 4

Oy, TK was looking kind of rough, I think. Wonder he was back east with his family or still in CA?

Eric was old enough to be Brooke's father! For shame! Good thing Stephanie was gone by the time Ridge got with Caroline. (The daughter, not the OG Caroline.)

Did Eric have to get FAA clearance to fly that thing so far out of town? Good thing drones weren't commercially available yet or I'm thinking someone would've taken that balloon out just for grins.

I'm impressed KKL and JM were actually riding those horses. I don't know about Brooke and Eric heading out into that sparse terrain though. This would've been before cell phones were in common use so if those two had had an accident out there it could've been a dire situation.

Meh, I would not have been thrilled about that surprise honeymoon desert oasis, even with the generator out back. Hope Eric had some weaponry stashed somewhere. And knew how to use it in an emergency.

Sally should have a family member to talk to like her grandma, sister Coco or even her cousin CJ. 

Yeah, pretty much the only reason that fake terminal illness thing was barely plausible is because they made sure Sally had no family around, or any real friends. She was just using Katie's blabbermouth, as well as Penny's doctor status and fashion designer ambitions. IMO they should've had someone who was actually close to her try to talk her out of it, like Thomas had Vinnie.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Eric was old enough to be Brooke's father! For shame!

The real shame is he nailed her mother and she nailed his son. Their age difference was the least of my issues with this pairing 😂

And Eric may have been old enough to be Brooke’s father but given that ole boy was still keeping it pretty tight when was with Donna (as exemplified when Eric was hiding on a ledge shirtless and pant less and was showing off some pretty toned goods) he definitely had to be still in prime condition to keep Brooke’s interest.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

That was fun! It was hysterical to see how shocked Taylor and Steph were over lingerie. Geeze,  Brooke’s outfit showed less than a swimsuit would. Why was Ridge dressed as if he were going out on a winter day?

Who was the guy with Taylor? I don’t remember him.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

That was fun! It was hysterical to see how shocked Taylor and Steph were over lingerie. Geeze,  Brooke’s outfit showed less than a swimsuit would. Why was Ridge dressed as if he were going out on a winter day?

Who was the guy with Taylor? I don’t remember him.

That was Pierce Peterson, a fellow psychiatrist, who became enamored with Taylor.

• Love 1

The core four literally going to the mattresses sums up B&B in a nutshell.

EYZpzImUEAAk3OR?format=jpg&name=900x900

KKL looked so gorgeous here:

EYZh1S5XkAAg0ed?format=jpg&name=large

Guess this is where Brooke learned how to squint.

EYZiIvQXQAAQpGc?format=jpg&name=small

Taylor's mouth falling open was hysterical. OMG, it's lingerie. Let go of your pearls, girl. Also, I find it all kinds of rich, not to mention hypocritical, that Taylor had her granny panties in a twist over Brooke's Bedroom, but couldn't lavish enough praise and encouragement for Steffy when she was launching the Intimates line. Speaking of, Steffy's line only wishes it could what Brooke's Bedroom was.

Elsewhere, what in fresh hell was that on Lauren's head?

EYZd3ffWkAEuv6M?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Why did Brooke have a bed in her FC office? Kind of on the nose. 😼

Oh, that was in reference to the name of Brooke's fashion line. So if it had been called Brooke's Kitchen would there have been a stove and a dishwasher in there?

Looked like Eric was wearing a tuxedo at work. Overdressed much, hah  hah?

HT was still looking gorgeous and apparently hadn't started effing with her face yet.

Why was Brooke's modeling her lingerie so scandalous? Was it her age? She still had a bangin' body so nobody needed to feel embarrassed for her, IMO. (Unlike Steffy's intimates show, which just made Steffy look desperate for attention to me.)

And I thought Emma invented the idea of dancing models. 

Heh, not sure I'd call what they were doing "dancing." A couple of them were barely on beat. Looking at you, Brooke. 🙄

• Love 3

Anybody notice that KKL was wearing a wig? That was when she cut her hair in the super-short pixie. It was revealed in the next day's episode. She was showing her haircut to Ridge, and she purred, "It's kind of short ... but SEXY!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Elsewhere, what in fresh hell was that on Lauren's head?

EYZd3ffWkAEuv6M?format=jpg&name=900x900

Better than those 3 poodles worth of hair she has on her head now.

Someone pointed out you could tell it was the 90s with all the butterfly clips in everyone's hair.

Funny that the model line-up for Brooke's Bedroom was pretty diverse for FC.

Brooke bouncing in time to the music like she had to go potty was hilarious.

Damn, I miss these kinds of stories. Brooke taking over Forrester to Stephanie's horror. Ridge and Eric alternately slobbering over Brooke, trying to handle Stephanie, and not entirely lose the company. 

I miss this Brooke. She was cunning, hustling to prove herself, and in it to win it.  WTH we're stuck in the Battle for Liam's penis when the real story should be the Battle of the Marones-Forresters vs the 'legit' Forresters over FC or Stephanie's kids vs Brooke's kids -especially since Eric is a designer in Emertis.  We need a long lost spawn of Eric (preferrably a daughter) to come claim her birthright and get Brooke and Ridge's druthers up over protecting the company since Eric would no doubt give her her claim.

14 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Looked like Eric was wearing a tuxedo at work. Overdressed much, hah  hah?

That's how Forrester rolled back in the day. They were the 'epitome of class' complete with fashion launches in formal wear with Ridge being the 'rebel'.  Hence why the reaction over Brooke's bedroom with Brooke strutting out there in her undies. Taylor's pearl clutching was a little much, but Stephanie's reaction was more about that 'Slut from the Valley' doing exactly what she feared - dragging the Forrester name through the mud with sordid scenes.  The real peeps Stephanie should be mad at is Eric and Ridge for letting their hips giving Brooke the leverage to infiltrate and take control like Stephanie feared.

Goodness those opening credits took.me.back.  I mean Ronn Moss was freakin' beautiful as was KKL, HT, SF, DC, and JC.  You got the essence of what the show strived for and what tone of the show aimed to be - the highest of fashion and beauty in LA.  The shots, the lighting, the cuts to the music. The iconic shot of Stephanie in the green dress looking at her reflection in the mirror? Damn good.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

The 5000 episode wasn't quite the 'Best of Brooke' but it was a great anniversary/milestone episode with the OG 4 in the mix. So many cute moments to enjoy but I think Stephanie's 'Get your naughty ass back over here' that made it to air was GOLD.

You gotta wonder about Ridge. Brooke climbs the ladder and peeks into the room (perv) and tells Ridge he 'sooooo' doesn't want to see what she saw. What does he do? Climb right on up to take a peek himself. You just saw your daddy shirtless at the window and your mom telling him to come back to the bed. You knew what you were gonna see, LOL.

Seeing these classics is not allowing the current storylines and cast to compare favorably. Eric's been sidelined with Quinn, we have nuRidge, and Brooke really doesn't have a nemesis/frenemy that compares to Stephanie. That exchange of Brooke kissing Stephanie and then Stephanie smiling at the camera after she left just says it all. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 5/18/2020 at 4:32 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

I'm impressed KKL and JM were actually riding those horses

Dunno if this was mentioned already, but KKL does ride horses as a hobby. She injured her wrist back in '05 from a horse riding accident and they wrote a throwaway line about Brooke breaking it on a ride.

On 5/19/2020 at 11:21 AM, LittleIggy said:

The funny thing is I've watched the first season episodes when one channel had uploaded the first eight months of the show, and Stephanie was not this prudish at all. In fact, there was one scene where she was enjoying and admiring the swimsuit line Ridge was designing at the time and telling him to protect himself while dating because HIV was still a big thing.

What happened?

2 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Why exactly did Ronn Moss leave B&B? Is there no way they could get him back?

Funny you ask this, as I came across this in some YouTube comments recently:

https://www.cnn.com/2012/08/23/showbiz/tv/bold-and-the-beautiful-ronn-moss-ew/index.html

Long story short, the money was factor but the fact that he was struggling to memorize his lines after a major car accident may have played a bigger factor in his deciding to leave.

We've all ripped into his hammy acting over the years, but the more I hear of Ronn Moss, the more respect I have for him. No one can ever say he phoned in his performances or didn't appriciate his fans. And I can respect an actor deciding to leave when he can no longer do the job than to half ass a performance for a role he thinks is beneath him like a good number of people in this industry.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Oh please, those camera angles from inside ovens and refrigerators make my eyes roll so hard. What is the point of that?

Those were some huge snowflakes, lol. A few of them landing on your head probably could give you a concussion.

Wow, I'd never seen those opening credits before. No shots of cast members.

I think Ron Moss looked great with the dusty grey hair and beard. Too bad nowadays once male soap actors get over a certain age they start opting for the jet black shoe polish look. 😐 (Which is usually a decade or three after their female counterparts have been forced to go to way more trouble to stay employable by Hollywood standards. Sigh.)

Loved Brooke's Burberry jacket.

OMG, for the life of me I don't know why Brooke and Ridge would want to see Eric and Stephanie in flagrante.

How old was KKL when she started on B&B? She looked like a teenager in those flashbacks when she first met Eric and Ridge.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
50 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

think Ron Moss looked great with the dusty grey hair and beard. Too bad nowadays once male soap actors get over a certain age they start opting for the jet black shoe polish look

Ron Moss himself started going for the shoe polish some time after this. I think JMW uses his old cans on her wigs now.

Nowadays, he's full grey and I still can't adjust to it!

52 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

OMG, for the life of me I don't know why Brooke and Ridge would want to see Eric and Stephanie in flagrante.

Ewwwwwww, that was ....unpleasant 🤣 not nearly as disgusting as the Sharon/Victor thing on Y&R that even MAB had the good sense not to depict together in bed before her firing over the matter, but still a hard pass.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

What was going on with Bridget? Her face looked sunburnt. Ouchies.

Lol, Nick was dressed like he was about to captain the Love Boat on a three-day cruise to Acapulco. Ridge couldn't compete with a man in uniform. 🙂

Jack Wagner was so handsome. I think he's gotten even better-looking with age. Meanwhile, RM was looking kind of rough in this episode, IMO. Oof.

The wedding location was interesting. What was that building?

I'm surprised Stephanie seems to have been pulling for Ridge and Brooke to get back together. I thought she hated Brooke.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Boy these old episodes make me miss Ronn Moss so much, and Taylor’s old face. LOL She was really beautiful. KKL hasn't aged at all, she’s really one of the most gorgeous women in soaps, IMO. 

• Love 9
(edited)

What was going on with Bridget? Her face looked sunburnt. Ouchies.

She was.

One of her non-Logan relatives (Felicia, this time) put oil in her sunblock as a prank cuz they were both after the same man and Bridget got burned instead. It hadn't healed by the time this wedding took place.

ol, Nick was dressed like he was about to captain the Love Boat on a three-day cruise to Acapulco.

Nick went all in on the sailor talk and nautical references in his casual speak. Hand to God, I spent five years in the Navy and never heard as many sailor puns as Nick would spew in any given month.

God, I kinda wondered if they'd given Nick and Bill more opportunities to interact how that could have gone. With Jack Wagner's inflated ego, I doubt he would have taken kindly once Bill began upstaging him, but it could have been interesting.

I'm surprised Stephanie seems to have been pulling for Ridge and Brooke to get back together. I thought she hated Brooke.

Missed this on the first reply. Ridge had had a mild heart attack or something once it became clear he had lost Logan for good this time and this was all a ploy to keep Ridge in good health. Stephanie hates Brooke, but she's never been above manipulation for her own gain.

This wasn't even the first time, either; shortly before Ridge and Taylor's first wedding, Brooke learned she was pregnant and Stephanie was all but begging Brooke to break up that union with the news. Of course, Brooke didn't get there in time due to LA traffic and once she got there, Steph tells her to kick rocks in sure the fact that Eric was back on the market played absolutely no factor, hahaha [/extremely salty sarcasm]

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Yeah, yesterday when Nick referred to Ridge as "the dressmaker" I was surprised because I thought that was a $Bill thing. I guess Bill inherited it after Nick was gone? Anyhoo, yes, a Nick/Brooke/Bill triangle would be so much more believable to me than one with the current Ridge. Sorry, TK, I used to luv ya on AMC but over here on B&B, not so much.

• Love 3

OH, I forgot Fred Willard played Ivy's father. He was quite a character, literally and figuratively. RIP.

So which Hope & Liam wedding was this one in Liam's long sequence of pointless weddings?

Ugh, Quinn stays interfering in other people's relationships on Wyatt's behalf. It's a wonder Wyatt can feed himself and change his own underwear.

Funny how Eric didn't ask Ridge how he acquired that accent after only a few years in Europe.

That's quite an impressive piece of real estate Brooke has. I didn't remember how big and lush it was in the back. Sure hope that was non-potable water flowing down those stairs.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 5/22/2020 at 7:14 AM, CountryGirl said:

Not the hugest fan of triangles but can you imagine a Nick/Brooke/Bill triangle?

That would have been something to see. And lucky, lucky Brooke.

Remember how Hope wanted to date Wyatt and Liam at the same time?

I want that for this triangle.

On 5/22/2020 at 9:04 AM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeah, yesterday when Nick referred to Ridge as "the dressmaker" I was surprised because I thought that was a $Bill thing.

Nope, definitely Nick's pet name for his big bro.

The insult makes sense coming from a seasoned sailor who had made his own way in life and didn't need Mommy's apron strings and Daddy's money to hide behind. From Bill Jr who works in the same industry, not so much. I can't think of a handful of times Nick ever called Ridge by his given name and not dressmaker or Forrester or some variant thereof.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I guess this was before Steffy bought the cliff house from Bill. And I guess Caroline got the artist's loft in the divorce. Cheap a$$ Ridge.

So the Dodgers just let random people sing the National Anthem? Money talks, eh.

Lol, Brooke was about to make a sacrificial marriage with Bill. Some sacrifice, to get to ride that stallion as Mrs. Bill Spencer.

Steffy must not have really loved Wyatt if she tried to use him as bargaining chip against Quinn. Her hair looked nice though.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Steffy must not have really loved Wyatt if she tried to use him as bargaining chip against Quinn.

I mean, yeah. Even Wyatt had to know deep down he was a second choice when he only really started looking into his mother's sketchy behavior after he tattooed the ring on her finger. Quinn and Steffy suck, but Wyatt was a willing putz in all of this, too.

Which makes his attitude towards Sally about the one slip up (however forced of a plot point it was) all the more ridiculous.

4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Sludge looked especially puffy and greasy today. I'm a broken record, but man, I miss Ronn. 

Same 😞

im so sorry I dunked on him about his hammy acting. I'd give a arm and a leg to bring him back for even one day : ( 

• Love 5

So I was reminded why even RM’s Ridge made me want to put his nads in a blender sometimes.  So he dumps Brooke for Taylor because he has a BLOOD child with Taylor, never mind he had been raising Bridget with Brooke since she was a baby and Rick as well. 

But apparently, they weren’t a REAL family because they weren’t his biological child. 

What an asshole. 

And Taylor, you’re an asshole, too. Coming up smelling like a rose despite lying about Thomas’ paternity (no, Brooke got all the blame for a secret that wasn’t hers to tell) and looking to insta-marry Ridge. She may have been gorgeous on the outside, before HT ruined her face, but she was ugly AF on the inside and a hypocrite to boot. 

And as much as RM excelled at selling his love for whatever woman with whom he was paired or, more often, being torn between two women, he looked like he was phoning it in here. And I saw not even a hint of the chemistry Ronn has with Kelly. 

Elsewhere, we had Usher! (Usher, Usher!) and Sally.

And yes, Amber  With her handkerchief top and the purposefully uneven part. Ah, the 90s  

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

And as much as RM excelled at selling his love for whatever woman with whom he was paired or, more often, being torn between two women, he looked like he was phoning it in here. And I saw not even a hint of the chemistry Ronn has with Kelly. 

Normally I'm all about Tridge 1.0/2.0 but looking at these scenes I was sad for Taylor - an accomplished medical professional - begging this man to marry her and oh so happy giggling when he was so obviously not there yet. As twitter was pointing out - Ridge was the original Liam and Steffy has been repeating her mother's mistakes.

It was sad looking at wee Thomas and knowing what he was going to become.

3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Elsewhere, we had Usher! (Usher, Usher!) and Sally.

And yes, Amber  With her handkerchief top and the purposefully uneven part. Ah, the 90s  

This Amber - over Rick's ish- I could get behind. Not the wailing, crying, snotting, scheming Amber that took over the damn show.  When she left only to show up later on Y&R and hook up with Daniel I was so mad. But in this episode I was all in on her getting her groove on with Raymond. (although knowing where this is headed with dead baby in the desert, Amber's fun is about to end).

These were the days when you had FOUR character sets and yet you still felt like things were happening- Stephanie/Eric, Sally/Lauren, Amber/CJ and Ridge/Taylor.  Sally shaking her head at poor Lauren who thought she had a shot at Eric and Sally knowing that Eric always goes back to Stephanie; meanwhile Eric is swearing off Stephanie and Stephanie is looking shocked like this is really it when we allllll know it never is.

Good times.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The actress playing Taylor was so very beautiful and not a bad actress back then. She totally screwed up her face and lost any acting ability she might have had when she returned a few years ago to beg Steffy to convince Bill not to turn her in - “I can’t go to prison, Steffy ! You have to convince Bill that I didn’t mean to shoot Him!!” Then she’d cover her face and pretend to cry. Those episodes were maybe the worst ones I’ve ever seen on any soap by any actor. Thank goodness they got rid of her. Sad.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I happened to watch GH today and to my amazement guess who appeared? Ronn Moss! He was playing in a band which I've since learned is an actual one called Player. (They sang "Baby Come Back" which I've heard plenty of times but it never registered for me who was in the band.)

I haven't been able to find out when this GH episode originally aired but I guess it must've been after RM left B&B? They're doing a week of Nurses Ball episodes according to another soap forum.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I happened to watch GH today and to my amazement guess who appeared? Ronn Moss! He was playing in a band which I've since learned is an actual one called Player. (They sang "Baby Come Back" which I've heard plenty of times but it never registered for me who was in the band.)

I've still got the 45 record of that song (yeah I'm old) and I still play it, but until I was curious and googled Ronn Moss a couple weeks ago I had no idea he was in that band.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Today's throwback episode was a stark reminder of how far downhill this show has gone. I know that the departures of SF and RM are part of the reason but, well, you all know the rest.

I wish that the show would show more of the Ann, Pam and Stephanie story. Those three had some terrific scenes together and BW just seemed to elevate the performances of those who needed it, like in her scenes with JMW. Speaking of ... yesterday's show also made it how glaringly apparent it is that she has had a LOT of cosmetic surgery and not that long ago.

It sure was good to see Bridget, Felicia and Phoebe. Brooke was also wearing my favorite dress. That is about the only dress KKL ever wore more than once on the show. She must also have liked it a lot, too.

Yeah. Player was popular when I was in high school. I've known now for a long time that RM was in the band, but back in those days, B&B was only a flash of an idea in William Bell's mind! LOL!

• Love 2

I love a bitchy Betty White.  Unfortunately, I was interrupted by a news conference so I didn't get to see the end.  Luckily, it looks like CBS is uploading the throwback episodes On Demand so I'll have to check back tomorrow.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Just now catching up on earlier episodes this week. Tuesday:

Heh, Amber had to explain that she knew Raymond from when she lived in Atlanta. She couldn't have met a Black guy in LA? This show. 😑

Gee Ridge, maybe if you hadn't eventually abandoned him, baby Thomas wouldn't have grown up to be such a psycho.

Ridge was awfully dressed up just be hanging around the house. I thought he looked like he was going to hit the clubs later. And yikes, how fake-looking was that outdoor scenery? Were they not filming the outside scenes at Bell family homes back then?

Didn't know Bobbie Eakes was on B&B. I only know her from AMC where she played trashy Krystal who used a flat iron to cook grilled cheese sandwiches.

Too bad they didn't let Usher dance in this appearance. Back in the day he was one of the best dancers (if not the best) in hip-hop. I think people like Chris Brown and Jason Derulo owe him a lot for paving their way.

Poor Lauren, she went from being the Forrester patriarch's FWB in fabulous LA to the wife of a convicted, once-imprisoned felon in a sleepy Upper Midwestern burg.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Wednesday

I thought Phoebe was Steffy's twin? Where'd she get that dirty blonde hair?

Whoa, I'd never seen that version of Rick before. He's was a lot older than I would've expected. Did they deSORAS the character when Jacob Young assumed the role?

Wait, weren't Rick and Phoebe related? His father was her grandfather, or was this episode after they knew Ridge wasn't a biological Forrester?

By this point hadn't Brooke already had several huge, sensational weddings? I get her being lukewarm about having another one. After enough divorces/annulments those overblown events just start looking silly, not to mention a big waste of money. Looking at you, Steffy, Liam, and Hope.

Oy, Stephanie was a miserable person, no? How did Eric put up with her for long?

• Love 1

Thursday

Wow, Steffy looked beautiful. This seems to have been before JMW started screwing with her face.

I didn't know Gina Rodriguez was on B&B. Meanwhile, Amber sure got around, bouncing back and forth between LA and Genoa City. By this point she was starting to look a little rough, I think. In a "rode hard and put up wet" way. 😼

When Liam ordered the margaritas he specified that he wanted salt on the rims. Isn't that the default? I'm surprised he'd have to specify that.

This was when Steffy wanted Thomas to get Hope drunk and have sex with her. Ugh. Steffy and Thomas have been the two most horrible people to Hope. I don't know which one has been worse.

• Love 1

Friday

Can some one refresh my memory on why Bill and Brooke chose to get married in Dubai? From a few years' distance it seems like borderline culture appropriation to me. (Similarly, over on Y&R, I don't think Dru and Neil's Japanese wedding has stood well the test of time either.)

That room Hope was unpacking in was located in Wyatt's Malibu house, right? We don't see that room much anymore. Seems like Wyatt mostly has secksay times on the living room couch now. Sigh, this show has gotten so cheap.

Aly and Ivy! Good times.

The price was wrong, Wyatt.

So who was Steffy with if Hope had Wyatt and Liam was hanging around with Ivy? Heh, this episode was clearly before Steffy killed Aly and later tried to electrocute Ivy. 😑 Geez, Steffy just doesn't play well with others, does she? At least, not women.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/28/2020 at 2:27 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Didn't know Bobbie Eakes was on B&B. I only know her from AMC where she played trashy Krystal who used a flat iron to cook grilled cheese sandwiches.

Yup, BE was Macy and she and Thorne were the star crossed Spectra/Forrester couple long before Sally/Thomas. Macy and Thorne #2 (Tracta) did a lot of singing duets before we got Thorne #3. Macy and Brooke fought over Thorne for a bit and Brooke threw her alcoholism in her face (not a good look). Macy was also involved with Grant (he died of testicular cancer), was presumed dead in a horrific car accident (her father saved her and kept her hidden as she recovered- we all thought she was dead) and was involved with Deacon in a bid to make Brooke’s life hell. At a fashion show, Macy was hit by a falling light or something and lapses into a coma. She was whisked to a facility to hopefully help her recover but we were told she later died. Darla and Thorne’s poor daughter Aly (Alexandra) was named in remembrance of her. I hold out hope that Macy is alive she just finally cut bait on LA and is living her best life in Europe to return some day.

7 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I thought Phoebe was Steffy's twin? Where'd she get that dirty blonde hair?

Whoa, I'd never seen that version of Rick before. He's was a lot older than I would've expected. Did they deSORAS the character when Jacob Young assumed the role?

Phoebe and Steffy were identical up until they were teens and sent to Europe. Phoebe came back a curly blond and then later Steffy arrived looking like a clone of Taylor. No reason given why they were suddenly made fraternal that I recall. 

Funnily, Jacob was OG Rick, then bounced to GH to play nuLucky with Torkildsen cast as adult Rick #2. Kyle Lowder popped in and was the one who had the romance with Phoebe and later the fling with Taylor and the grief fling with Steffy before he left and Jacob came back. 

5 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Can some one refresh my memory on why Bill and Brooke chose to get married in Dubai?

Not sure for the in show reason but KKL was doing something in UAE (marathon?) and so they decided to do a location shoot for the big Brill wedding.

Steffy was not a regular on the show when Wyatt/Hope and Ivy/Liam were happening. She was over in Europe with a few pop ins until KM’s Hope left the show which apparently freed up a buttload of money to secure JMW’s to come back as Steffy. She swore to Ivy that she wasn’t back to reunite with Liam but eventually that’s what happened with a pissed off Ivy going to Wyatt (while Wyatt and Steffy became buddies to set up their ‘romance’ for later) and also having some attraction with Thomas while they tried to figure out what to do with him.

Might not be a bad idea to bring Ivy back now for Thomas and try them again. She wasn’t here for his cray cray with Hope and if they were to write the story that she’s grieving the loss of her father (since his portrayer Fred Willard has passed away) and Thomas, instead of being cray cray with her, actually connects with her and is a comfort to her while everyone else is giving him the side-eye it may be compelling. I could totally see Eric telling Thomas quite simply that if he’s using Ivy in her time of grief, he would never forgive him and that sticking with Thomas.

Do we know if Ivy has a brother? Can they create one to bring on for Steffy? It’d be a nice way to pit Ivy and Steffy against each other again. 

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

@TobinAlbers, thank you for taking the time to explain all that. I've only been watching B&B since around the time RM left so my background on a lot of these characters is way incomplete. I've even forgotten a lot of the stuff I've actually seen (classic episodes; shyeah right).

I love Ivy so I am definitely here for bringing her back. I'd be quite surprised if it happened though, at least not unless they get rid of Sally or Flo. I also wouldn't mind Sally and Thomas taking another run at their previous relationship.

On another soap board a lot of the Steffy fans have been crying a good while for the show to bring on a new man for her. Seems a lot of them are tired of the Spencer men merry-go-round with her too. It's ridiculous IMO that in the one of the biggest, wealthiest cities in the world, Steffy can't find a man who isn't a Spencer. You'd think she'd be fighting the men off.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
18 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

She swore to Ivy that she wasn’t back to reunite with Liam

When was this?

Because the way I remember it, the bitch came into town as thirsty as the US Navy during Fleet Week and didn't waste any time coming between them because she had him "first." Steffy had even less respect for their relationship than for Hope's and that's saying a lot.

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

On another soap board a lot of the Steffy fans have been crying a good while for the show to bring on a new man for her. Seems a lot of them are tired of the Spencer men merry-go-round with her too.

I don't blame them!

On an entirely narrative basis, she's the daughter of the show's long time leading man. She and Thomas both should have more compelling stories than either has received. Like, I don't even care if Steam is revisited in five years, but I do think it's unfair that she's never had one man actually chose her since the boring, forgettable "romance" with Marcus: Rick used her like a tool; Owen never entertained her nonsense and neither did Oliver.

I feel like Steffy having someone choose her and getting out the Spencer circle would be like a break in the cycle of dysfunction  her mom and dad perpetuated and a worthwhile story in its own right. Liam and Hope still have enough clashing egos to have their conflicts and maybe one day they're realize that relationships aren't THAT hard to keep together. But yes, let Steffy move on from being a second option.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 3