Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

On another soap board a lot of the Steffy fans have been crying a good while for the show to bring on a new man for her. Seems a lot of them are tired of the Spencer men merry-go-round with her too. It's ridiculous IMO that in the one of the biggest, wealthiest cities in the world, Steffy can't find a man who isn't a Spencer. You'd think she'd be fighting the men off.

Well at least until actually spend time with her and see that huge picture of her and Liam hanging in her livingroom.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Ditto comments upthread, DARLA's EARRINGS! My eyes! 😨😨😨😨

So who was that Clarke guy? Was he lowkey flamboyant? That shirt he had on was giving me a dancing queen vibe. Bet it was Gucci.

Holey moley, another pair of huge WTF earrings on Felicia. Hmm, I don't recall the early 90s being an era of gigantic, goofy earrings. I would've been all over that trend because I've been collecting earrings for decades.

Well, that was not a satisfactory catfight to me. AFAIC Stephanie should've ended up in the pool along with Sally. Maybe SF was considered too important by that point to do slapstick.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So who was that Clarke guy? Was he lowkey flamboyant? That shirt he had on was giving me a dancing queen vibe. Bet it was Gucci.

Clarke Garrison started out on B&B as a gigolo Stephanie paid to seduce her daughter Kristen because she didn't date enough guys. He later would marry Sally as a way of advancing his designing career IIRC, but he was always supposed to be 100 percent heterosexual, like everyone in William J Bell's version of LA's fashion industry 😛

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

So who was that Clarke guy? Was he lowkey flamboyant?

Ah, Clarke. He’s like a less ripped, chiseled Brad Carlton in that he was too ambitious for his own good sometimes. Poor Sally was so smitten and when ended up pregnant with CJ it wa something else. A great way to extend that family and CJ and Rick were great childhood friends who became rivals over lil Eric (looong story). In any case you could do a week on Sally/Clarke easily if you wanted to.

2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

AFAIC Stephanie should've ended up in the pool along with Sally. Maybe SF was considered too important by that point to do slapstick.

A) Don’t mess with Stephanie around no pool or banisters. Sally got off light compared to Beth Logan which wasn’t exactly Stephanie’s fault...but she does have a track record like Steffy does with Aly and Ivy when it comes to accidents.

B) A better Stephanie/Sally Ep is coming next week that’s not a clash but just as epic 👍🏾

Darlene Conley was just amazing at having her girls on full display and whipping around whatever caftan/cover-up to show her emotions. I always felt for the woman and wished she had finally come out on top and legit beaten the Forresters. Sally 2.0 should’ve had a story where backed by Thorne the savvier Spectra 2.0 legit wins a fashion battle against The Forresters with a retro fashion line inspired by Sally 1.0’s style. Spectra having that win would allow them to take off and be a legit threat to HFtF or whatever FC is pushing these days.

Susan Flannery is getting a nice little chunk of residuals change since many of these reruns have featured her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

Sheila. Eh.

Was Darla the prototype for Flo, hah, hah? Her crop top and booty shorts today didn't seem office or age appropriate to me, even for a fashion company.

Brooke's hair was a darker blonde then. When did she go with the platinum tint?

Wait, they thought Taylor was dead? Is that why she was staying in that cheap apartment? And whatever happened to the Jack Hamilton guy? I don't recall ever hearing Steffy or Thomas refer to him as their grandfather.

Yeesh, after this stunt they should've have had Sheila's "corpse" cremated and the ashes dropped into a volcano. She has more lives than a cat.

2 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Was Darla the prototype for Flo, hah, hah? Her crop top and booty shorts today didn't seem office or age appropriate to me, even for a fashion company.

Please don't insult Darla like that, LOL. Darla was the original B&B ditzy lovable blond assistant and came into her own in being a damn loyal wife to Thorne having no problem standing up to Ridge. One of Ridge's sins that I will NEVER forgive him for was how he talked to Darla when she was married to Thorne. Thorne should've bashed Ridge's teeth in for the way Ridge talked to Darla. Ridge really treated her like a POS when if he really didn't hold any water with what she said, he could've easily ignored her. HIS ass was hurt because Thorne finally had someone in his corner who was fighting for his piece of the Forrester pie and wasn't backing down. Then she gets mowed down by Taylor and her daughter Aly slaughtered by Steffy (yeah, yeah self defense). Thorne should be broken by the devastation of his family by the Forrester-Marrone-Hamiltons and actively plotting Ridge's destruction and siding WITH Bill to make it happen.

As for the crop top and booty shorts? It was the good old 90s! Man, I miss those days of crazy fashion. And have you seen what Steffy currently will sport as Forrester CEO? May not be booty shorts but some seriously bad fasihon choices for the figurehead of the company.

11 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Yeesh, after this stunt they should've have had Sheila's "corpse" cremated and the ashes dropped into a volcano. She has more lives than a cat.

I had to laugh how NONE of those people in that room believed that Sheila would pull the trigger. Stephanie, then Ridge then Brooke and then Lauren all stepped to Lauren and was like what you gonna do. Funnily I thought Lauren's step up was the best because she talked a crazy girl DOWN. Sheila was oddly sympathetic in her 'realization' but considering all the lives she later ruined on both B&B and back on Y&R they should've let her go. ( I know, cold!).

Sally and Phyllis Diller were a hoot. Gladys just couldn't stop running her mouth and the reveal of Sally being the one to call Taylor and realize she was alive was great.

• Love 2
On 6/1/2020 at 4:57 PM, Gam2 said:

Those were the most hideous earrings I’ve ever seen in my life!

Did Felicia make her earrings out of decorations she took off of a funeral wreath? I think she got her haircut by a dog groomer. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Please don't insult Darla like that, LOL.

Oops! Nevermind, my Flo hate popped up unexpectedly. 😏

And have you seen what Steffy currently will sport as Forrester CEO? May not be booty shorts but some seriously bad fasihon choices for the figurehead of the company.

Point taken. Steffy's the CEO though and that probably gives her some leeway. In her own mind, anyway.

Gladys just couldn't stop running her mouth and the reveal of Sally being the one to call Taylor and realize she was alive was great.

It was funny, and also surprising because I figured people in Gladys' line of work in the LA area would be bound by NDAs not to discuss their famous and/or wealthy clients.

• Useful 2
On 6/1/2020 at 8:08 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

heartSo who was that Clarke guy? Was he lowkey flamboyant? That shirt he had on was giving me a dancing queen vibe. Bet it was Gucci.

Clarke was one of my favorite B&B characters.  He once designed under the name 'Beau Rivage' although Sally insisted on calling him Bucky.  It was hysterical.

He had two sons:  Clark Jr (CJ) with Sally, and Mark with Margo Lynley.  Mark was a doctor and was featured in the early 2000's.  He vied for Bridget's affections.

Clarke and Sally could never be on the show today.  Now it's all hand-wringing and ridiculous drama.  Back then the show knew how to balance heavy drama with light-hearted fare.  I was a huge fan.  It was great to see the Sally Says Recycle poster, although I was hoping Sally would call Darla "Einstein".

20 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Thorne should be broken by the devastation of his family by the Forrester-Marrone-Hamiltons and actively plotting Ridge's destruction and siding WITH Bill to make it happen.

If only.

I'm still clinging to my own little scenario that Thorne whisked Ally away to the Paris offices of FC while faking her death.

• Love 5

Pass. Not only did I remember this relatively recent episode, I went back and read my comments on it. I wasn't too impressed the first time so I saw no point in watching again.

What I don't remember though is why Taylor went to the wedding. I doubt Hope or Liam invited her, and surely Brooke didn't. Was she Steffy's plus one or was she providing the entertainment (along with the Brooke and the wedding cake)?

• Love 1

IIRC, she was Steffy's plus one with Hope's blessing and Brooke lit up about this more than she ever did about Hope's behavior post Beth's "death." Of course she ended up being proven right with Taylor throwing the cake first.

• Love 2

I know, I know. Stephanie was crazy nuts this episode and hitting people isn't nice but...

This classic episode was so fun to watch!

"He wants you like a $2 hooker!"

" A mother in perpetual heat!"

Stephanie wasn't telling all lies in her dressing down of Brooke. Brooke has slept with both brothers of her son and daughter which is pretty messed up - and had yet to sleep with her the daughter's husband and conceived a child with him. That dressing down by Stephanie is a classic as well and I can't wait for them to air it.

Either SF had some big beefy hands or that was stunt guy taking that swing at Brooke.  Speaking of that punch - Stephanie knocked ole Brooke clean over the couch! Poor KKL having to act with her cast. As always she's a damn trouper.

LMAO, soooo many people on Twitter wanted Stephanie and Brooke to kiss when Stephanie had Brooke pressed up against the door.

And Stephanie did.not.loosen.her.grip even when Brooke hit her with a vase. She was locked in to kill, LOL.

Meanwhile Rick was auditioning for N'Sync and Megan (I forgot all about her!) was pushing Thorne to Brooke's arms.

We need a Stephanie on the show. It hasn't been the same since she left and no one on the show has a nemesis like her with Brooke.  Should've been Brooke vs Amber or Brooke vs Bridget where Brooke reaped what she sowed.

Whew, good times.

• Love 1

So who was this chick who showed up at Brooke's house? Whatever, I think she could've stood to eat a couple or three footlongs. And how did she comb her hair with those beads in there? Or were they hairpins?

Sigh, Stephanie terrorizing Brooke again. That woman was mental. 😲

Why was this Megan person caping for Brooke so hard? I could easily see her being up to something bad wrt Brooke.

Did I hear Stephanie correctly when she said Ridge bought Brooke's house for her? Maybe that's why he can no longer afford to buy his own home and pretty much just freeloads.

I would've loved to see what Stephanie had to say about Steffy running through the Spencer boys and their daddy (who's also her daughter's grandpa). Bet she wouldn't have been calling her a heaux. She probably would've just blamed it on the Marone genes. 😼

• Love 3

This girl who went to visit Rick was Kimberly. I am racking my brain to remember, but I think she turned up as a half-sister to Macy, sharing the same father, who was in the opening credits. The handsome older man with a head of silver hair, blue eyes and a mustache.  She was sniffing around because she wanted Thorne back with Macy. I seem to recall a scene down the road where Kimberly attacked Brooke in a darkened building and tried to harm her. Kimberly definitely went nuts and snapped. Actually, she was a dreadful character and the actress couldn't act her way out of a paper bag. 

Megan was Brooke's personal assistant for years and years and watched Brooke go through Ridge, Deacon, Whip, Ridge and Thorne. They were also very close friends and Megan was definitely Brooke's wingwoman throughout everything.  I don't remember how or why she left the show.

That's right that Ridge bought that house for Brooke. He also bought a house for Taylor, the one that Bill now lives in. The house used to belong to Pierce, who was seen in the "Brooke's Bedroom" episode. He was a psychiatrist that Taylor worked with and he was in love with her. Well, Taylor was in love with the house and eventually ended up with it~

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

KKL looked really pretty with short hair, full lips (now they’re thin...which is odd) and, still wearing a cast. She and Susan Flannery did have great chemistry. She really read Brooke the riot act and I think the words even sunk in Brooke’s head about her kids think of her going through the Forrester men. Jacob Young looked soooo different. I know he was really young but I almost for it was him and that he even played Rick. It’s funny because I remember Justin Torkildsen in the role much better. Wow! Whatever happened to him? He wasn’t half bad and could act. I’m surprised he never ended up on another soap. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I like JY, but JT was my favorite Rick. 

I still think it's rich that Stephanie dared to hate on Brooke considering how she slept with Massimo back in college, conceiving Ridge, lied about, and then got Eric, who was in love with Beth, drunk so she could screw him and pass him off as Ridge's father. 

And it's always irked that they had Brooke with Stephanie in her last days as if they were suddenly besties. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

I like JY, but JT was my favorite Rick. 

I still think it's rich that Stephanie dared to hate on Brooke considering how she slept with Massimo back in college, conceiving Ridge, lied about, and then got Eric, who was in love with Beth, drunk so she could screw him and pass him off as Ridge's father. 

And it's always irked that they had Brooke with Stephanie in her last days as if they were suddenly besties. 

All of this. If there was ever a character who was robbed of a good life, it was Beth Logan. I hate that the paternity reveal turned so quickly about the Ridge and Bridget incest shit as quickly as it did, because it really overshadowed Stephanie's heinous hypocrisy. 

• Love 5

Wonder why they chose to show this episode instead of the one where Hope actually got Beth in her arms and took her home? Did they figure people where dying to see Liam beat up on Thomas again? Where neither of them ended up with nary a scratch? Or see Wyatt dump Flo again? Meh, especially since we know he didn't waste much time taking her back. Maybe TPTB are saving the big moment episode for when right before B&B returns to new shows.

• Useful 2

Probably so. I won't be surprised if they reair the last two weeks' worth of episodes we got before the studio went dark right before new stuff continues. 

I gotta say tho I couldn't give a flying fig about the cliffhanger. I barely remember whether it was Flo or Dr. Peleton who got conked on the head. Either way, I'm not here for the Flo Fulton Redemption Tour. I'd rather rewatch the ToD 1.0 in it's entirely than sit through any more of that crap.

• Love 6

Yeah, I’m pretty sure B&B (and, all the soaps) will probably air their last two weeks of story before their first air date of the first new show. It would make sense. It appears that California is in yellow but LA County where the soaps tape. So it could still be a while before they had peas back. I’m curious how far would the returning shows would want to be in taping before airing their first new show. Two weeks? One month? Two months? B&B left off with a pretty good cliffhanger and I’m sure Brad Bell is dying to get the show going to continue this (dumb) storyline. Also, will the Peloton lady return or will she sent away. I don’t think she was even supposed to many episodes as it was. 

• Love 1

It was great to see the first ever B&B! I wasn’t watching then. Ridge was an asshole from the very start, wasn’t he? Caroline’s outfit was frumpy, BTW. The models and Brooke, post-assault, were wearing the same color and amount of blush. 😳

KKL’s little dog was so cute yawning and was her reaction! 😆

• Love 3

Just for fun and old time's sake, I thought I'd do a recap of the very first episode, which debuted on March 23, 1987.

We open with a shadowy figure perusing fashion sketches. 

200608.jpg?1591647232

He steps into the light and we see Ridge Forrester (the one and only) for the very first time. My goodness, Ronn Moss was so gosh darn young!  And so very, very pretty.

image.thumb.png.699bf7bf7b9c3b510969a94077d05df8.png

He sighs, stepping from the quiet office, where the only sound that can be heard is the ticking of the clock, into the bustling hum of backstage, a jazzy, upbeat version of the theme song is playing in the background, a soundtrack for the models running about.

Patriarch and CEO of Forrester Creations, Eric Forrester, is in the midst of the models with his assistant, Margo Lynley next to him, ever in control. And her name just came right to me. Funny the details I still remember, all these years later. 

A fashion show is in full force and my goodness, remember when the show revolved around fashion? Eric is constantly in motion, adjusting here, tweaking there, calling out orders confidently. 

Enter Original Recipe Thorne and CN also brought the pretty. He's what I envision a Ken doll being come to life. 

image.png.d51633c6ab70fff56fbcfa267fc16b83.png

He makes his way over to Ridge, gushing about how "they" are loving it out there, but Ridge scoffs, saying the press can be expected to applaud, but it's the public that matters.

Thorne, clearly decades away from his basement meltdown, insists "Dad's the best there is. Don't ever forget that." Aww, so touching - you're still the #2 son in Eric's eyes.

Ridge scoffs, saying there's something missing, adding "the line is flat. It doesn't turn me on." Let's take a moment to ponder what line would turn Ridge on.

Brooke-bedroom-line-BB-AM.jpg?resize=102

Ah, there it is.

He touches the fabric of some of the gowns while Thorne looks on, grousing that it needs "more sex, more sensuality."

Thorne reminds his big brother that he's the vice president and thinks it's a shitty time to be bringing this up. Thorne has a point.

Ridge: "Has Dad ever listened?"

Thorne counters: "Has Dad ever been wrong?"

Ridge: "Yeah, he's been wrong. And he'll be wrong again."

Thorne, reading the room and his brother's ambition, calls him on it: "And you're just waiting, aren't you?"

Ridge doesn't answer (he doesn't have to) and changes the subject as he glances over at Eric and Margo: "I wonder if they've made it yet." By it, he means "sex." 

Thorne: "Who?" Really, Thorne?

Ridge smirks: "Dad and Margo." Thorne looks over just as Eric reaches out to adjust Margo's perfectly in place lapel, but it's a perfect excuse to touch her and they both know it. They smile and giggle, telltale signs of an attraction.

Thorne looks like his childhood has just ended and buck up, Thorne.

Ridge fusses with a model, then learns there's a phone call waiting for him. He moves to take it and it's Caroline, in her rich girl apartment, playing with her rich girl pearls.

image.png.129e8dbc5a980ed95f6ce847411b2021.png

She wants to know if they're still on for that night and Ridge, coy, indicates "that depends."

Caroline: "On what?"

Ridge, teasing in his voice, "On what you have in mind?"

Caroline smiles at this: "I miss you." I'm guessing he's been busy with the fashion show preparations.

Ridge dodges the intimacy bait, asking "What time?"

They agree to meet at her place later that evening.  Well, her place is Daddy's place. 

Caroline: "I love you."

Hilariously, Ridge just hangs up and in that moment, he sums up Ridge Forrester.

Eric is still tweaking the models and asks Thorne what he thinks. Ever the loyal son (back then anyway), Thorne says it's his best collection ever. Suck up.

He asks after Ridge's reaction and Thorne totally lies through his teeth.

Ridge has yet another phone call but it's not Caroline this time. It's Big Bad Original Dollar Bill Spencer played by the amazingly deliciously evil Jim Storm. 

image.png.0f5aca6ea20521e1231c59d2bffff5c8.png

He wants to meet with Ridge to talk about Caroline. On his turf but Ridge begs off, saying he can't possibly meet right then so Bill says he'll come to FC. He hangs up before Ridge can say anything more.

Uh oh, Ridge. 

We cut to the Logan living room...ah, the memories of that sweet little house in the valley.

We are treated to watching Katie and her acne enter the room, then Katie and her acne stare at themselves in the mirror.

image.thumb.png.632fea1c2036325f49082b4384d00f4a.png

Katie...sucks. Not much has changed.

She touches her acne and her OshKoshB'Gosh wearing self looks at some teen idol magazine, imagining herself in the arms of the guy on the cover, her acne magically gone and wearing a dress with the puffiest sleeves imaginable.

The twinkly music fades as the one, the only, Brooke Fucking Logan flies into the house as if the hounds of hell were chasing her.

image.png.1c912cede66ffe8d17c3b7f194b7d547.png

She slams the door behind her, breathing heavily and it's clear SOMETHING HORRIBLE has happened to her what with her torn dress, bruises and disheveled hair.

And she's beautiful even so.

Katie looks more horrified now than when looking at her acne. Well, at least as much.

Katie: "My god, Brooke, what happened?"

And the original credits ROLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

We return to the Logan living room and Katie tries to get Brooke to talk to her but Brooke puts her off with a "Honey, I'll be okay."

Katie insists she isn't okay but Brooke starts pacing, asking after their mother, Storm, and Donna. None of them are home.

Katie wants to call someone but before they can get into that, the doorbell rings and Katie sees a cop car outside. Brooke moves to open the door and why, hello, Dave. Long time no see.

He moves to hug Brooke. By silent agreement, Brooke sends Katie up to her room so the grown-ups can talk.

A tearful Brooke asks: "How'd you find out?"

Back at FC, the show is over but the press is still filing past, giving accolades and snapping photos of Eric. A clearly jealous Ridge leans against the wall, pouting. Where is Stephanie? I know she wasn't in this one but she should have been.

Ridge finally drags himself away from holding up the wall to talk to his father, remarking on Eric being in the biz for 20 years. That, to quote Ridge, "is a lot of rags."

He learns that Thorne told Eric that he praised the line and by the look in Ridge's face, it's clear Ridge actually didn't it and calls Ridge out on this.

There's a debate about whom their target audience is and I'm Team Eric here. Women are doing the lion's share of the buying - it's what they like that matter, not the men in their lives.  I mean, talk about sexist, Ridge.

Eric, older and wiser, well, in some things, walks away. Before Ridge can go after him, he's alerted that Big Bad Bill Sr is there, waiting for him in his office. With his cane. Smooth...

Bill gets right to the point and tells him he doesn't want him seeing Caroline anymore and the face off begins. And don't you know, Bill, that you're just pouring gasoline on a raging fire. 

Ridge is angry and then tries the tack of being dismissive of them having some "hot romance going." But Bill isn't fooled. He knows Caroline isn't the only woman Ridge has been seeing. 

Ridge, cooly, tells Bill: "So does Caroline." He wants to know what Caroline has said about him, but Bill is cryptic here, saying only that he knows Caroline could be taken in by him.

Ridge: "Taken in by?" 

Bill: "I'm not unaware of your charm...and your reputation."

Ridge: "Reputation?"

Bill: How you use women...how you love 'em and leave 'em."

Ridge wants to know how Bill heard this.

And seriously, Ridge?

Bill knows enough that level-headed as Caroline is, she could easily be infatuated with him...and just as easily end up as one of Ridge's "discarded conquests."

Bill struts back to him, his cane more menacing by the minute, "Caroline is my only daughter." Um, about that... "My only child." Wrong again. "And I desperately want her happiness. And I will do everything in my power to see that she does not get hurt. And that..." he pauses for effect, grinning like the Cheshire cat, "is why I'm here."

Ridge wants to know if Caroline has any idea that he's here and come on, Ridge.

tenor.gif?itemid=12730917

Bill answers that she doesn't and wouldn't be too happy about him being there. Like Bill has one fuck to give. He says she won't find out because Ridge isn't going to tell him.

He warns Ridge: "How you live your life is your business. My daughter's happiness is mine. I want you to end the relationship."

And you might have well waved a red banner in front of a bull, Bill.

Bill tells him he knows they're getting together later that evening (is he tapping his phone lines???) and that he wants it over before it goes too far.

He wants it over TONIGHT. He's got dangerous eyes and gritted teeth and everything and I love Papa Bear Bill. Remember that word...tonight. You're gonna hear it a lot.

He smiles then, an evil Grinchy smile like he just stole Christmas and ain't about to let some singing change his mind, closing with "And that is what I came to tell you."

Ridge just stares blankly at him. He knows he's no match for Bill. Senior or junior. Bill Sr struts out with his cane in hand, a decided spring in his step.

Back at CASA Logan, Dave is in cop mode and takes Brooke's statement. She talks about getting an A on her physics exam and that's my smart and sexy gal. She shares the harrowing story of the van near campus and how she was lured to help one of the two creeps with directions. She reveals how the backdoor of the windowless van opened (and never, never go near a windowless van, ya'll) and how the two of them grabbed her and tried to pull her into the van.

Brooke sobs as she thinks about how she felt her life was going to be over but that somehow she freed one of her legs long enough to kick one of them in the nads. Hell, yeah, Brooke!

She was able to get free then and they drove away and that all she could do was thank God.

Dave wants to know if she can identify them and the van.

Brooke breaks then, crying about what if they had gotten her inside.

Dave winces as he reveals he thinks her assailants are the same two responsible for a string of recent rapes.

Brooke: "Get them, Dave! Get these animals! PLEASE! I've got a kid sister upstairs, who I don't even want to hear what just happened to me..and she's out walking these same streets. So is my other sister, Donna."

Dave wants to know if she can go to the station and look at mugshots and he's so gosh-darn earnest in his brown jacket and little brown cop book.

image.thumb.png.6007897502892c3dfcfad42bf4e791b0.png

How different Brooke's life would have been if she had only married Dave, cute, sweet, sensible Dave.

Brooke initially says she just wants to forget it but as she thinks for a moment and looks back at him, this man she loves and trusts so much, she realizes she has to do this.  For herself, for her sisters, for the women who could be hurt if these men continue to walk free, for the women who were hurt.

Brooke, fire in her eyes, steel in her spine and her voice, "I want to get those bastards."  But she wants to change first. She turns at the bottom of the staircase to tell him she'll meet him in half an hour.

It took less than that for me to fall in love with this character.

We cut to Casa Spencer where Ridge is out on the balcony, lost in thought (probably replaying the convo he just had with Bill Sr), the wind ruffling his hair.

Caroline, looking every inch like an extra on The Golden Girls, calls his name and he turns, walking towards her into the living room as the sexy sax begins to play.

She hands him a drink, telling him: "Something is bothering you. I can feel it." Astute, that Caroline. 

Ridge: "Yes, Caroline, something's bugging the hell outa me." Well, someone is.

She takes his arm, encouraging him to talk to her about what's got him "all tensed up."

He wants to get laid...isn't that obvious?

He tells her a version of a pompous odd ass barging into his office and how it was intimidating as hell and that it hasn't been resolved...yet.

Ridge doesn't want to think about that right now. He's with her and he's horny and so, let's just change the subject.

He brushes her hair back from her face, remarking how he forgets sometimes how beautiful she is. 

Caroline showing she isn't just some milquetoast imitation of a lady, but the real deal, shoots a barb: "You mean when you're dating other women?"

He smiles, kissing her hand and then kissing her lips as the sexy sax swells. Ridge begins kissing her even more passionately and Caroline pulls back, tellling him "this could easily get out of hand." That's exactly what he had in mind. And Ronn and Joanna have chemistry, but it was blown out of the water with that first look between Ridge and Brooke at the Forrester mansion.

Ridge: "I want you, Caroline. Tonight." It's not  a question. He moves to kiss. her, trying hard to convince her. "Tonight, Caroline." he repeats, both of them breathless. 

Caroline gently puts her fingers over his lips and I love JJ's sweet expression here. It's as vulnerable as we'll ever see her.

image.thumb.png.dca1ca819f10d60783f0e386a620dce7.png

"Ridge..." she says softly.

Ridge, trying to prolong the inevitable asks, "You saying you don't want me?" When he knows better. "Now? Tonight?" And for all his bravado, you can see the normally cool, in control, ladies man Ridge falling for this woman.

Caroline shakes her head, "No. It would be very easy." 

Ridge thinks he has an opening and moves to kiss her again, "Now, Caroline, now." And is he really that hot for her or does he just want to piss Bill Sr off? I'm thinking it's about 40/60.

Caroline stops him again: "Ridge...you know how I feel.  The man I marry and ONLY the man I marry."

Ridge doesn't miss a beat saying, "All right."

She gives him a quizzical look: "What did you say?"

Ridge is grinning, warming to the idea: "I said, 'all right.'"

Caroline: "I know what you said...but what did you mean?"

Ridge: "Let's get married." Just to get laid and piss off Bill Sr? Um, not a great foundation or proposal. "I want to marry you, Caroline. As soon as we can."

Caroline doesn't answer - verbally - but gasps and throws herself back into his arms and begins kissing him as if she'll never stop. So I think that's a "yes."

image.thumb.png.d9f5f2db7a34940ef30d1c92d05eda21.png

And the end credits roll....

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Great recap, @CountryGirl. I've missed your recaps more than the show, except for $Bill, whom I've missed most of all. 

I'm hoping that seeing strong, silent, handsome Dave, will maybe strike a cord with the writers, & maybe they'll bring him back. On the other hand, he'd probably be in a triangle with Brooke & Katie by Christmas, so maybe not. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Someone on another soap forum commented on how incredibly diverse the extras were in that first episode. Meanwhile, the main cast was anything but. And still largely isn't, IMO. On a soap based in one of the most diverse cities in the world, it's puzzling.

Wow, OG Thorne looked to me almost like he could be Ridge's son instead of his brother.

So right off the bat Katie was introduced with a bad acne problem? Who was that supposed to appeal to?

OG Bill Spencer. Okay. How did he produce the magnificence that is today's $Bill? I guess OG Mrs. Bill Spencer must've been a looker.

And right off the bat Brooke almost got raped in broad daylight? Ehhh.

Yeah, Ridge only proposed to Caroline so she would give it up. He was trash from the very beginning apparently. Hopefully pimp daddy Bill Sr. will get home in time to stop all further proceedings.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

47 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Someone on another soap forum commented on how incredibly diverse the extras were in that first episode. Meanwhile, the main cast was anything but. And still largely isn't, IMO. On a soap based in one of the most diverse cities in the world, it's puzzling.

It is 😐 ive always been...let's be kind and say amazed by this. I'm also just as amazed that LGBTQ people didn't exist in Bell LA until Karen Spencer came out eight years ago.

But the lack of racial diversity is something CBS in particular has been notorious for, and in light of everything else in the world right now, it makes Emma's death all the more egregious no matter my feelings for the character.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5

Didn’t the guy playing Bill, Sr. also play Lauren Fenmore’s dad? 
I wish they would just keep playing episodes from the beginning until new episodes return.

Dave the cops hair made me 😆.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Didn’t the guy playing Bill, Sr. also play Lauren Fenmore’s dad? 
I wish they would just keep playing episodes from the beginning until new episodes return.

Dave the cops hair made me 😆.

Yes, Storm played Neil Fenmore.  His brother played Larry Wolek on OLTL for years.

11 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

it makes Emma's death all the more egregious no matter my feelings for the character.

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Emma?

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Pardon my ignorance, but who's Emma?

Some irritating intern played by one of the kids from Dance Mom's. Was the only adult who knew Hope's baby was alive and didn't make excuses about  why she couldn't be told. Her fatal mistake was talking to Thomas, because he ran her off the road. Being Justin's niece, we all hoped this would give him and Bill some story, but alas. 😞

like I said, I had no love for this character, but the way it was handled with her death was shit, just like everything else about that godawful story.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

like I said, I had no love for this character, but the way it was handled with her death was shit, just like everything else about that godawful story.

Thanks Anna Yolei, I was watching when that happened.  And I feel the same way you do about it.

Back in the day you could count on a Bell soap to give it's villains a decent comeuppance.  That is no longer the case.  I guess we should be happy B&B isn't like DAYS or GH.  Each of those shows has a reformed serial killer now a romantic lead.  😞

• Love 1
16 hours ago, nkotb said:

Great recap, @CountryGirl. I've missed your recaps more than the show, except for $Bill, whom I've missed most of all. 

I'm hoping that seeing strong, silent, handsome Dave, will maybe strike a cord with the writers, & maybe they'll bring him back. On the other hand, he'd probably be in a triangle with Brooke & Katie by Christmas, so maybe not. 

Thanks so much. I've actually missed writing them but so much of the weeks leading into the shutdown wasn't worth recapping. I'm hoping future storyline gives me something to write about.

I'll probably recap the drunk Sally cuts drunk Stephanie's hair as I LOVED that one so much.

• Love 5
On 5/27/2020 at 11:29 PM, LittleIggy said:

Betty White really played against type when she was on B&B. Bet she loved playing a harpy for a change!

She was a bit backstabby on the Mary Tyler Moore show so it was full circle for here.  But she was just so deliciously mean on B&B.

Seeing the first episode was a lot of fun.  It actually made me want to see the next episode and wonder about the show's plans.  Did they always plan on pairing Brooke with Eric and/or Ridge?  Or was Caroline and Ridge meant to be the main couple? I need to go to wikipedia methinks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

She was a bit backstabby on the Mary Tyler Moore show so it was full circle for here.  But she was just so deliciously mean on B&B.

Seeing the first episode was a lot of fun.  It actually made me want to see the next episode and wonder about the show's plans.  Did they always plan on pairing Brooke with Eric and/or Ridge?  Or was Caroline and Ridge meant to be the main couple? I need to go to wikipedia methinks.

I was on CBS last night and noticed they had a bunch (25) of first season episodes.  I have All Access though, so I checked incognito and yeah, you do have to subscribe to see them. But they have a free week trial, so if you are really bored...

Edited by tessaray
Is 25 a bunch?
  • Love 1

I've always felt Ridge loved Caroline (I) more than any other woman.  He was cavalier with her feelings until he actually lost her, seemingly forever, when she got involved with and married Thorne.  During the period they were apart, he realized his true feelings for her and, eventually, they reunited. 

Agree with the earlier post that he and Brooke had instant chemistry but I've always felt he was more passionate about, and drawn to, Brooke but that his deepest feelings of love were for Caroline.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Ridge: Mother, the next time you see Brooke she will be my wife, there's nothing you can do about it, and we'll be married forever!
Stephanie: Challenge accepted.

Brian Gaskill. He sure made his way around the soaps. I remember him playing Bobby Warner on AMC.

What ever happened to the Spectra set?

A lot of actors can't do drunk believably but SF and DC were amazing today. You could tell they were having a good time with each other.

TMW one of your ex-husbands gives you a wedding gift as you are about to elope with yet another ex-husband. You do you, Brooke!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Brian Gaskill. He sure made his way around the soaps. I remember him playing Bobby Warner on AMC.

I remember him as being Katie Peretti's creepy stalker on ATWT. I'd entirely forgotten his stint on this show.

3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

TMW one of your ex-husbands gives you a wedding gift as you are about to elope with yet another ex-husband. You do you, Brooke!

Technically, I don't think Nick was Brooke's ex-husband yet 😛

(I'm trying to find when this episode aired and can't seem to find it on CBS' app. It looks like this was on the way to that South America wedding that Sheila crashed.)

(edited)

So today's episode originally aired 10 years ago (6/4/2010)

Liam wasn't even a twinkle in Steffy and Hope's eye. Bill Jr. wasn't even on the show.

And in those ten years Hope and Steffy each

-Had two children, each one losing one child.

-Fought over Liam

-Married Wyatt

-Crossed paths with $Bill- Steffy to love him, Hope to despise him

Took me a second to recognize JMW as her face looks so much...flatter here. She really filled out.

Amazing how full the show felt - we had Brooke, Ridge, Hope, Oliver, Steffy, Marcus, Rick, Thomas, Aggie, and Nick.

Nick's, uh, 'hair' was cracking me up. It was so blond and fluffy on top and the rest not.

As for the main event, it was as hilarious as the first time. Oliver and Ridge wearing similar jackets doesn't make up for their difference in builds. With the hoods up on their dresses I could almost buy mistaking Brooke and Hope in terms of their sizes. That long sexy walk Brooke did towards Oliver at the end, you could see in a horny, drunk way that she could pass for Hope physically. But between perfume smell and personal scent, Oliver should've known better.

I miss Oliver. I miss Oliver and Aly. What a sweet tortured couple they could've been-especially if they had brought in a grown up Lil'Deacon.

Edited by TobinAlbers
Updated Sr. to Jr. because oops!
  • Love 3

How sad for Brooke, trying to recapture her youth by twinning with her daughter less than half her age.

And it looks like Steffy was wearing bad wigs even back then. 😼

For the life of me I don't get the point of having everyone wear the same outfit and masks. Has there ever been an actual party like that? Seems like a lot of crimes waiting to happen.

So how old was Oliver? Nick made it sound like he was a middle-aged creeper. Guess Oliver preferred the young stuff since he later ended up with Aly.

Lol, how did Brooke "know" that was masked man Ridge? And how inexperienced was Oliver that he couldn't tell some 45ish cooch from that of a teenaged virgin? Plus, Brooke must not be a very attentive lover if she couldn't distinguish Ridge's peen, which at that point she had put a lot miles on, from one attached a much younger guy. 😒

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

The reason they were all dressed alike was because Yankee Daddy (Daddy Yankee?) requested it because he was making a music video at the party. I guess you had to allow for "artistic license" for Brooke and Ridge to be dressed the same as Hope and Oliver. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

So today's episode originally aired 10 years ago (6/4/2010)

Liam wasn't even a twinkle in Steffy and Hope's eye. Bill Sr. wasn't even on the show.

It took me a moment to realise you were talking about Don Diamont's Bill (who is Bill Jr) and not Big Daddy Bill Sr, the only man never to be steamrolled by Ridge hahaha

That said, $Bill was definitely on the show then and I think still had ownership of FC. This was within weeks of Liam coming into the show. Such wonderful salad days those were. 😞

• Love 2

I am loving these older episodes. I stopped watching current BB around the Hope baby switch story. I grew so tired of the repetitive conversations from the same 5 characters Hope/Liam/Steffy/Ridge/Brooke over and over. Nice to see characters other than these air hogs.

I need someone to explain Brooke/Eric to me. I cant find too much of them on YT only a crappy version of their wedding. Were they a genuine love story? I always thought Brooke was obsessed with Ridge from the go and never stopped. I know Eric fathered a few of her kids Bridget and Rick?. I know about paternity story with Bridget. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1