Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I don't understand what they were going for with Caroline/Ridge; if a couple of hugs and a few kisses were all we were gonna get, then what was the point?​

My totally unspoiled theory: Eric is about to appoint Rick as CEO, and Ridge and Katie are going to be outraged.  OUTRAGED!  Katie will then fully support Ridge re-starting his seduction of Caroline, on the theory that Rick only got the job because Eric thought Rick's marriage was a stabilizing and maturing influence.  Ridge and Katie will plot to destroy that marriage, so Eric will decide that Ridge should be CEO, and Ridge seducing Caroline is the easiest way to do that.  I may be way off the mark here, but I feel like some of this has been broadcast pretty loudly in the last few weeks, so I'll be surprised if they go a completely different direction. 

And, obviously, my theory doesn't account for the fact that Eric very well may be, and should be, pretty disgusted with Ridge for having an affair with Caroline.  So maybe I'm totally wrong.  I'm just really glad I didn't have to attempt to tolerate Hope today.  

@PoiPounder, I can't read your spoiler. I'm actually pretty excited to see and hear Eric announce who the winner of the who daddy loves best lottery is. And see the reaction of priceless facial expressions, unspoiled. I think I'll practice mine in anticipation, lol.

• Love 1

Yeah, but see Rick throwing a snit and dumping the company and Eric is pure entitled Ridge behavior and is actually proving that he's no better than any of them when it comes to wanting what he wants and screw everyone else.

As to Caroline/Ridge, no way is this story over between them. The match has been struck and feelings growing on both sides. Ending the partnership gives them no reason to be around each other which will only increase the desire to see each other forcing them to become really obvious about their feelings.

Maya makes my head hurt. Funny thing is she is acting EXACTLY like Caroline did when RIck was with Maya and Caroline was scheming to break them up. Obnoxious dismissal of the relationship? Thinks the woman isn't worthy? Believes the life of being Rick's mate is something they deserve? Totally okay with massive interfering to the point of physically throwing themeselves at Rick? All checks. The only thing is I do feel is that Caroline did keep saying how much she loved Rick while Maya, as Carter keeps pointing out, keeps talking about how she should have the Forrester life.

I love Hope being hardcore about Quinn and telling Deacon where he can shove it. NIce point about Deacon keeping one eye open while he sleeps for fear of getting stabbed. And from the look on Quinn's face when Hope issued her ultimatum, she was right on the money about Quinn using Deacon to get in with Hope only Quinn underestimated just how deep Hope's dislike of her goes. If she's willing to turn her back on her bio Dad then Quinn really has her work cut out for her.

At this point I don't think Quinn stabbing Hope in the heart while looking him dead in the eye will make him see what a monster she is. She's warped him and it's crazy that Bill isn't trying to do some deprogramming of that crazy to save his son. There's more to being a dad than handing over houses and money and giving Wyatt his name. Bill needs to get his hands dirty but if he did what we know he's capable of and got rid of Quinn there'd be no story :)

• Love 4

Duh duh DUHHHHH!!!!!!Today was all kinds of soapy goodness. Maya overexaggerated the situation but her thirsty ass made sure Caroline and Ridge spilled the tea. That's how you gear up for sweeps month. I was so entertained I recorded it to watch again.

I'm looking forward to Katie's smuggerton face getting broke next week by the news that "her man" was kissing all up on Caroline. The wailing, the gnashing of teeth, the rending of the raggedy red ribbon of commitment, maybe even a heart palpitation or two. Should be fun.

Edited by bittersweet4149
  • Love 12

I thoroughly enjoyed the boardroom scenes and the scenes of the two sisters talking. What a great day. Although, I'd like to see Ridge pipe up that he was using Caroline. It didn't seem right that she admitted to more than really happened, at least so it seemed to me. I wouldn't call what they had "an affair". It seemed like Caroline hurt herself more than Myrna did. I was expecting Rick to accuse Ridge of using Caroline, but it didn't go that way.

• Love 3

I have to say, LG is really nailing all of her scenes lately.  She was great today.  I also thought JY did a really good job with the "him??" stuff.  Because, really, of all the people Caroline could have kissed, Ridge has to be just the worst possible option in Rick's mind.  

Now I just cannot wait for Katie to hear the news.  That should wipe drain the smug right out of her (at least for a few days...) 

I'm just disappointed Brooke isn't around.  I'd love to see her dish back to Ridge about 10 times the disgust he threw her way when he found out she hooked up with Bill.  

Having said that, though, I want to see there be more to the Ridge/Caroline story.  Those two have chemistry.  (Although I'm beginning to suspect that LG is developing the ability to have chemistry with inanimate objects).  And, let's face it, they need to put an end to Ridge/Katie, which is just dreadfully boring on a good day, and I don't want to see Brooke go running back to Ridge, so let this be his post-Katie story.  I have no illusions that we won't eventually get Ridge/Brooke again, because even as a relatively new viewer, I know that there's no way this show won't go there again at some point.  But, put it off for a while, and make Ridge earn it. 

• Love 6

ITA it was more of an infatuation than anything, but either way all Rick is going to see is Caroline betrayed him. (Hell, if this were GH, Rick would be throwing all kinds of barware on Monday.)

The accusations of Ridge using Caroline will likely start on Monday. I'll be pleasantly surprised if he decides to man up and own his part in the mess.

• Love 4

Okay, I know Caroline has been having an emotional affair with Ridge but she's resisted sleeping with him despite all the Jedi mind tricks and playa moves he's used on her. If Ridge has a single decent bone in his body he'll step up to take the blame for leading her into temptation. (And for not figuring out how to lock his office door.)

Caroline officially has my permission to go scorched earth on Maya, starting with getting her fired. I imagine Katie will try to do the same to Ridge but he'll probably just go, "Girl, bye."

• Love 7

I don't think I've seen Hope and Rick interact since I've been watching - I didn't even realize they were siblings until recently - when I figured out that Brooke must be his mother, from some throw-away lines.  I haven't seen Brooke interact with him either, which is my excuse for not catching on earlier. :-)

So, that said. Gross. I just read Rick's Wikipedia entry.  #TeamRidge right now. 

• Love 2

Oh my goodness, didn't my little heart skip a beat when Donna got teary over Eric keeping her at arm's length! I've been asking the same question about this for I don't know how long!!! Do I dare dream that Donna will finally bring this up with Eric himself? Or will TPTB just keep throwing me bones?? My head, it spins. 

Hope, go away.

Maya makes my head hurt. Funny thing is she is acting EXACTLY like Caroline did when RIck was with Maya and Caroline was scheming to break them up.

Funny you say that, TobinAlbers, because Maya's histrionics today reminded me of Taylor spilling the beans about Brooke & Bill, right down to her insisting that "everyone should know the truth!!!" while people are trying to kick her out of the room.

It didn't seem right that she admitted to more than really happened, at least so it seemed to me. I wouldn't call what they had "an affair". It seemed like Caroline hurt herself more than Myrna did.

I get the impression that Caroline & Ridge think Maya knows more than she actually does and are spilling their own tea. Caroline believes that she did have an affair with Ridge, predominantly emotionally rather than physically, and she doesn't know what Maya did or did not see, so she's jumped to the conclusion that Maya will tell all and thought she'd get her apologies in first.
  • Love 4
Funny you say that, TobinAlbers, because Maya's histrionics today reminded me of Taylor spilling the beans about Brooke & Bill, right down to her insisting that "everyone should know the truth!!!" while people are trying to kick her out of the room.

You beat me to it St3phForrester, because not only were the scenarios very similar; wrong person, wrong place, wrong time, but it was almost a play by play of Taylor's performance too. And just like Taylor, Maya looked like a raging, vindictive, angry ass. Even Ridge's reaction mirrored Brooke's, with his head turning and looking away. So, Maya got what she wanted, well maybe not exactly what she wanted since there was no sex involved, but to Rick, I doubt he will draw any distinctions between kissing and fucking. It is all the same when it comes to Ridge, and Rick won't be able to see anything but that. Even though the damage is done, I am glad Caroline confessed, because that effectively takes all Maya's ammo away, and puts Caroline firmly in the driver's seat. I would like to see Ridge counter with the news that it was all his idea, that he knew Caroline was enthralled working so near his greatness, and he sensed her growing infatuation and took advantage. Again, I don't think it will make any difference to Rick, but it will to the family at large, and of course Katie, who remains in the dark about Ridge's "contributions" to Caroline's crush. But the big question is, what will Eric think? And will it effect his decision to name Ridge CEO?

Oh, before I forget.....of course Rick will jump right into Maya's waiting arms. Frankly, I hope he is as disgusted with her as the rest of the family should be. 

I did not buy one word of Maya's appeal to Carter for his friendship. What Maya really wants is to be part of Carter's friendship with Ridge in order to stay on the inside track. The only problem with that is Carter seems to have some ethics, and clearly wants no part of Maya or her plans. 

I just don't like the idea that Maya should just be thankful that someone of Carter's caliber is interested in her and suck it up if she doesn't want to be with him.  Should she be remorseful that she led him on?  Yes (though...again...I put a lot of that blame at Carter's feet).  But if she doesn't love him and doesn't want to be with him, then all of the (alleged) good looks and compassion and education doesn't matter.  He's a (n alleged) great guy, just not for her and she shouldn't have to apologize for it.

I agree with this, but staying with someone for appearances, or because they look good on the surface wasn't my point. My point was the way Maya has been carrying on about what she wants for her life, as if her life is/was so terrible. Yeah, before she met Rick she did have a bad life, but since Rick she has lived a fairy tale life; almost a Cinderella existence. She quit her job, and Rick gave it back to her, with everyone falling all over themselves to tell Maya how much they missed her. Her performance wavered; no problem Maya, just take some time to work that out. Ambushing the very married President of the company in the steam room; an everyday event at most companies. Getting involved in the personal lives of her employer; sticking her nose into two different relationships. And no more burlap for Maya either; now we dress in designer ware, and adorn it with fancy bling. At the same time, Maya has this hunky, accomplished, totally besotted man on her arm. So, my question was, what on earth does this chick have to complain about? With Maya, it isn't so much that she doesn't have, so much as she doesn't have enough. She is totally fixated on the notion that Caroline stole her life, when Caroline was the woman of Rick's dreams long before Maya's arrival. And no, I don't hold Maya accountable for what happened, that was totally on Rick, but once everyone was in the know, and Rick made the choice to reconcile with and marry Caroline, should have been Maya's signal to move on. And something that really annoys me is that Maya was more than willing to settle for Carter, until she suddenly realized she had been robbed of her Forrester lifestyle, which is what she is after. Rick is just the vehicle to get her there. Yes, gold digger of the first order. 

Please give Donna a SL already!

I wonder if Katie's leather band was some sort of message to Ridge about the now Raggedy Red Ribbon of Commitment. They seemed to highlight the ribbon as Katie hooked the band, or watch, or whatever it was on Ridge's wrist. 

Loved Hope's outfit, but what was up with the side eye to Ivy? Hope seemed annoyed about Ivy's "Forrester" connection, as if she just realized Eric is Ivy's uncle. Or, maybe she feels like Ivy is going to take.....oh wait.......I mean "ROB" her of all see holds dear. 

I would love to see a SL about Quinn gas lighting Hope. 

I have to say, LG is really nailing all of her scenes lately.  She was great today.  I also thought JY did a really good job with the "him??" stuff.

Agreed. In some ways LG is reminding me of a young KKL/Brooke; I believe she could take on the task of assuming that role. So much more than Hope, who seems like a whiny teenager. 

• Love 6

New CEO

That douche Ridge. Rick is pissed. Says he's done with the company and Eric and leaves

Not even close to being a surprise.

Ridge always has been the golden child of the family. Since Thorne is no longer there to kick around, this story now goes to Rick--again.

• Love 1

My point was the way Maya has been carrying on about what she wants for her life, as if her life is/was so terrible. Yeah, before she met Rick she did have a bad life, but since Rick she has lived a fairy tale life; almost a Cinderella existence.

All of this. At least when Amber was the show's resident golddigger, she would actually have moments of being appreciative of all she had and I believe she genuinely loved Rick. No, she shouldn't stay in a loveless relationship, butit still puzzles why she entered into that anyway.

I will say Karla Mosley is 100 times more interesting now than when she was playing the poor Mary Sue with the doe eyes.

• Love 4

I am also enjoying Maya the troublemaker. I just hope they keep her as a schemer and don't push her over the line into crazyville. One thing I like about this Caroline/RIdge/Rick storyline is that it features reasonably authentic human emotion. There are no psychos or wacky hijinks or people acting like dolts to make the story work. It's about relationships and feelings, and since my other soap is Y&R, I have been starving for those things.

Rick, though, needs to seal his cakehole about Ridge not being Eric's blood. Ridge is Eric's son as much as Rick is, and dude needs to get over it or take several seats.

• Love 6

I wish everyone would seal their cakeholes on that issue. Everyone has been raised by or married into the Forrester Family plenty of times that the family tree is more of a totem pole by now. I remeber a scene when Rick and Phoebe were babysitting RJ when the two of them were dating and soneone mentioned that he was half sibling to them both. It's ridiculous, and it's put shade upon what could've been one of B&B's best stories if TIIC didn't have Ridge and Bridget running after each other a week later.

• Love 3

Oh Maya's doing the exact same thing that Caroline did to her when she was with Rick? Good. I have no sympathy and I hope Maya continues to make Caroline's life a living hell. 

Annnddd...I've always had a problem with B&B (the BEACON of DIVERSITY) putting Maya with Carter in the first place.

Edited by venusnv80
  • Love 2

Caroline did way more to Maya, IMO.  Maya would have had to engineer Caroline and Ridge working together, complete with mood lighting and stealing some of Ashley Abbott's rotten meat pheromone juice to get to the level of manipulation Caroline was at.

Carter, Carter.  It's no secret that I have no love lost for that dude.  What was his motivation for proposing to Maya 2 days after she and Rick broken up, having gone on zero dates?

• Love 2

Sooo, in light of recent events at Forrester, does that signal a return to "Gorillick"? I know it's not the same actor that nickname was ascribed to, but this could be Jacob Young's chance to portray a more "meaty" Rick? He's already trashed the easel and thrown a few glasses and decanters across the room.

I never, ever got the Maya/Carter "relationship" anyway. Chemistry is chemistry (which they lacked), and just because you have two black actors on an already under-populated cast doesn't mean they have to be thrown together. It's like Y&R's "TBSL "(The Black Storyline wherein the black folks on the show were related to each other and only appeared on every other Wednesday).

Edited by Ladybugnine
  • Love 2

Caroline did way more to Maya, IMO.  Maya would have had to engineer Caroline and Ridge working together, complete with mood lighting and stealing some of Ashley Abbott's rotten meat pheromone juice to get to the level of manipulation Caroline was at.

Carter, Carter.  It's no secret that I have no love lost for that dude.  What was his motivation for proposing to Maya 2 days after she and Rick broken up, having gone on zero dates?

Exactly. This is tame and a matter of fact, this is NOTHING. Caroline did all of this to herself. She had months to tell Rick and she didn't. Carter is useless to me, even moreso today. 

As for Black People Wednesday, I think GH invented that ish. Check GH on Wednesdays and watch you will see the black characters in a storyline. 

• Love 1

Jacob Young, take a bow. You too, Linsey Godfrey. I will forgive Rick giving his father a serve, out of line as it was, because watching JY explode was fantastic.

Hope, go away. I'm glad Ivy & Carter didn't blow smoke up her ass. Does Hope hear the words coming out of her mouth? Or maybe the problem is that she doesn't listen to anyone but herself. I wish Ivy would develop the ability to breathe fire and incinerate her.

Looking forward to tomorrow when Eric rips Ridge a new one - oh, who am I kidding.

Did you guys see the new opening credits? Jacqueline McInnes Wood is out and Ashleigh Brewer & Sean Kanan are in. TK's shot was redone too, except it looks twice as bad as the first take.

Please give Donna a SL already!

Seriously! Even if TPTB just ship her off with Eric on his whirlwind world tour (IF he actually takes it - he might stay home after all), then at least we know where she is. I really hope that having had Donna bring up Eric last week that we might see some progress on that front, too - I want Donna to confront Eric about this distance she feels is between them, even if it only takes one episode.

One thing I like about this Caroline/Ridge/Rick storyline is that it features reasonably authentic human emotion. There are no psychos or wacky hijinks or people acting like dolts to make the story work.

Exactly. The other thing is that all that happened between Ridge & Caroline on a physical level was a kiss - no bed sharing, no philandering. I think in some ways that makes this storyline better.
  • Love 3

I had to pop in from my normal posting at the YR thread to say that today was FIRE on BB.  I loved LG and JY today.  I was absolutely riveted by both of them and I echo the above poster who implied that LG could be a future heroine of BB.  She truly has what it takes imo to have many sl's center around her.   I also find myself drawn to any scene she is in with TK.  For me she is the first and only actress who has finally made him truly interesting to watch.  I have always found him sexy, but with LG he simply sizzles!   Oooh let the Ridge/Katie/Rick/Caroline drama begin.   Imo that storyline is far more preferable than that insufferable Dope and her waffling between Lame and Low Watt and her pointless baby.  I just don't care anymore about that dull broad.  

Edited by PsychedelicTrip
  • Love 8

I came to B&B because of the former ABC actors but sorry, Jacob Young wasn't one of them.  He does throw glassware in the grand old GH/Sonny Corinthos tradition, though.  :-)

While I usually like the fact that B&B is half an hour - and think maybe if more of the soaps had scaled back they might have been saved -  on days like today, I wish it was an hour.  Because I really wanted to get more of Ridge.  I couldn't tell what he was thinking. And I wanted to see more of Ridge and Eric.  

• Love 4

I remember JY from his AMC days, he can actually play a good villain, I'm hoping this latest series of events will push Rick to the dark side.  Especially if Ridge is the target.

So they have completely dropped the Dope Diamond murder mystery thread?

I certainly hope so.

Did you guys see the new opening credits? Jacqueline McInnes Wood is out and Ashleigh Brewer & Sean Kanan are in. TK's shot was redone too, except it looks twice as bad as the first take.

I normally ff through the opening, I'll have to check it out next time.

I've been impressed with Carter lately, hoping for a Caroline/Carter friendship to blossom.

• Love 2

This is the first time I find myself interested and invested in any SL regarding FC’s leadership since Brooke took it all in 1993. An argument could be made for either brother to succeed Eric; both have their strong suits, and both have been valuable contributors to the company. Add in the amazing stuff going on with Jacob Young, Linsey Godfrey, and Thorsten Kaye, and I find myself riveted and wanting more.

I can’t decide if I am more surprised they let Ridge acknowledge he has a whole other family off screen, or if they let him go there, and blame Rick for Phoebe’s death. And I never thought I would say this, but YAY RIDGE! for calling Maya out on her bullshit.

Linsey Godfrey was so damn good yesterday; I love it when an actress isn’t afraid to look bad, and those black mascara runs added to the authenticity of what was going on. I also like how Caroline kept her focus on Rick, and didn’t rise to any of Maya’s baiting; frankly, if that gold digging piece of crap had dared open her ugly mouth to me about “haven’t you done enough”? Well, let’s just say she wouldn’t have been doing a whole lot of talking going forward.

Jacob Young was also really good yesterday; he sold me on his feelings of betrayal, and hurt, and confusion. How horrible for him to be blindsided this way with two pieces of bad news within minutes of each other.

Maya? What can you say about this character? She is completely ruined for me. Really? Following Rick? Did this dolt think Rick was busting up his mother’s cabin, and was on his knees in despair because he doesn’t love his wife? Good grief woman, do you think you could cobble together some self respect and dignity, and not look so desperate? Then again, it isn’t about love for Maya; it is about the Forrester lifestyle and Rick’s pain and hurt offering her the vehicle to achieve it. What Maya fails to understand is that it is about love for Rick, and once he cools down, he will see that what happened between Caroline and Ridge doesn’t compare to what he did to Caroline when he met Maya. He took a completely happy relationship and trashed it for someone he met in a coffee shop. And they did a whole lot more than kiss; my corneas still bear the scars from the scorching they took watching that awkward love scene between JY and KM. I am going to find it fairly hilarious watching Maya’s little make believe world start crumbling around her as Rick realizes he overreacted. Although, in truth, he may never be able to get past it since it involves Ridge, but he will not be able to keep his feelings for Caroline from Maya, and I will enjoy watching that POS squirm.

I have no words for Hope.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10

Linsey Godfrey was so damn good yesterday; I love it when an actress isn’t afraid to look bad, and those black mascara runs added to the authenticity of what was going on. I also like how Caroline kept her focus on Rick, and didn’t rise to any of Maya’s baiting; frankly, if that gold digging piece of crap had dared open her ugly mouth to me about “haven’t you done enough”? Well, let’s just say she wouldn’t have been doing a whole lot of talking going forward.

Jacob Young was also really good yesterday; he sold me on his feelings of betrayal, and hurt, and confusion. How horrible for him to be blindsided this way with two pieces of bad news.

Maya? What can you say about this character? She is completely ruined for me. Really? Following Rick? Did this dolt think Rick was busting up his mother’s cabin, and was on his knees in despair because he doesn’t love his wife? Good grief woman, do you think you could cobble together some self respect and dignity, and not look so desperate? Then again, it isn’t about love for Maya; it is about the Forrester lifestyle and Rick’s pain and hurt offering her the vehicle to achieve it. What Maya fails to understand is that it is about love for Rick, and once he cools down, he will see that what happened between Caroline and Ridge doesn’t compare to what he did to Caroline when he met Maya. He took a completely happy relationship and trashed it for someone he met in a coffee shop. And they did a whole lot more than kiss; my corneas still bear the scars from the scorching they took watching that awkward love scene between JY and KM. I am going to find it fairly hilarious watching Maya’s little make believe world start crumbling around her as Rick realizes he overreacted. Although, in truth, he may never be able to get past it since it involves Ridge, but he will not be able to keep his feelings for Caroline from Maya, and I will enjoy watching that POS squirm.

Excellent points. I wanted to jump through my TV to thrash Dope. Isn't she the married woman who was kissing and professing undying love to Liam just recently when she learned her stupid ass that hasn't even seen a doctor yet is knocked up? And then she didn't know what to do as far as work was concerned even though she has nothing to do with couture and has her own line? I despise her and like another poster said wish Ivy could breathe fire and incinerate the silly cow.

Maya. Whomever is ultimately CEO needs to fire her ass up. First, she has no business being at all of those meetings. She's a fucking spokesmodel with no neck and bad legs. Why isn't she out speaking to young girls about how to not land in jail and have to give your baby instead of being all up in other people's business?  Please, Rick, come to your senses. Your wife made a mistake but it's not irreparable. This other chick has bad intentions.

They need to  bring in a few more characters so that the only love interests aren't named Spencer, Forrester or Logan.

I do feel sorry for Rick, but he needs to get over the Ridge is not a Forrester kick. He's been a Forrester way longer than you, kiddo, and do you like people treating your idiot sister in a similar way?

• Love 5

Personally, I love that Maya is using Caroline's moves - line for line - to achieve the same result she did.  "Seeing" something you didn't really see, blowing it way out of proportion and making it seem worse than what actually happened, following Rick out of the office to make sure that he doesn't contact the other woman and to show him how much better you are for him.  I've been waiting for Caroline to get her comeuppance for the garbage that she pulled for a year.  But really, all this does it to highlight how dumb Rick is.  So easily manipulated by...everyone. 

• Love 4
Maya. Whomever is ultimately CEO needs to fire her ass up. First, she has no business being at all of those meetings. She's a fucking spokesmodel with no neck and bad legs. Why isn't she out speaking to young girls about how to not land in jail and have to give your baby instead of being all up in other people's business?

ICAM. Maya was so out of line it was ridiculous yet no one called her out for it except Ridge and he only did so rather weakly. It's not her place to be using a professional business meeting (which she really had no place attending to begin with) to wage a personal beef just because the parties involved are her boss, his wife, and another executive of the company. I don't really care about Caroline and Rick as a couple but I don't like the way Maya went about trying to break them up, sneaking around the offices and spreading gossip to her coworkers. AFAIC, since she brought that ish into the workplace, there needs to be workplace consequences for her misbehavior. She should be shown the door and I guess it would be up to Ridge or Eric to do it. Plus, it's not as if FC couldn't find someone to replace her.

• Love 1

I do, but they are not particularly polite.

A woman who mopes about the lost lame Liam love of her life to the man she chose to marry needs to be zapped by lightning every single time she expresses horror over a married woman crushing on another man. Hope should actually be taking notes on how to handle a triangle in a fairly mature way. When she's done with that, she can sign up for remedial community college classes in self-awareness.

• Love 9

What did Katie give Ridge as a good luck charm? Was it a watch or just a leather band? My copy of this episode is so pixelated I can barely make out people's faces.

To tell you the truth, I thought it was a dog collar.  Lord knows it would have been quite apropos!  Bow wow!  Given that she has been known to march into Forrester Creations just to pee on his leg and the fact that he's a booty hound, I can't think of a more fitting gift for this mangy canine.  Did anyone at least remind Ridge that he has a history of going after his father's and brothers' wives?  All this "that sounds like something Bill would do" and "Ridge wouldn't do that" bullshit coming from Donna and Katie's mouths was ridiculous.  Has Donna forgotten that Ridge used her--with her express permission--to undermine Brooke and Nick's ill-fated marriage while she was trying to be his "new Logan?"  And, Katie--girl, bye!  Look in the mirror and ask why your ass is with Ridge now and how that shit came about.  Then come back and tell the audience why this behavior is so unlike Ridge.

Speaking of which, I am truly worried about Eric now especially if 

that bug-eyed grifter from Y&R is going to making a play for him.  Wealthy widowers somehow end up dead by the time she is done--and she gets away with her bullshit.

Bitch please...Hope(less) fled the room because she is so overcome that a married woman would kiss a man other than their husband which she is also guilty of. Hypocrite much?

Not to mention the fact that she can't even pretend not to be disappointed that she ended up with Foghorn Leghorn (her consolation prize) instead of Mr. Eggo with the vacant stare.  Bitch, can't even be bothered to tend to her brother and lend him some kind of emotional support.  Yet, if she falls and scrapes her knees she fully expects any and every one of her enablers to rush in to make it all better.

• Love 5

Did anyone at least remind Ridge that he has a history of going after his father's and brothers' wives?  All this "that sounds like something Bill would do" and "Ridge wouldn't do that" bullshit coming from Donna and Katie's mouths was ridiculous.

In my mind, Ridge's thing with Caroline is worse than the purloining he did with the original Caroline or Brooke when they were married to others.  I was always of the opinion that, as far as the family was concerned, those two were "his".  Much like we wouldn't want our siblings or parents to date our former significant others, Eric and Thorne shouldn't have made plays for Ridge's exes.  Particularly where, just as with Brooke, Ridge has an eternal hold on any woman he's ever been with. Just like Bridget shouldn't have hooked up with Nick after Brooke, Eric and Thorne assumed the risk when they married Brooke and Caroline.

This "infatuation", though, is a new low for Ridge.  He's never been a "follow the heart, damned the consequences" character.  Caroline is Rick's wife and Ridge should have respected that.  Ridge is only messing around with her because he feels like it.  That's horribly selfish bordering on evil. 

• Love 3

The actress who plays Myrna is just weak, she has no appeal to me at all and I don't see the vampy sneaky schemer that I think we're supposed to see.  She doesn't sell anything to me.  I find her expressions ridiculous and her campy delivery just annoys me.  I don't love to hate the character I just hate her and it's because of the actress, I can't get into her.   If Bradley Bell had been smart he would have gotten Mishael Morgan (Hilary) on YR to come over.  She's gorgeous and can act.  I think she and Jacob Young would have had some amazing chemistry and she's gorgeous, classy and would have been a believable rival up against Caroline. Kara Mosley is FAIL. 

To me, Ridge has always been devious and selfish and will go to pretty much any length to get what he wants, especially where FC is concerned. So his behavior with Caroline doesn't surprise me, but what I think he didn't expect was to really be so intrigued by her. It's completely backfired on him.  I was one who actually got excited over Katie and Ridge, but this with Caroline and Ridge has completely blown me away, I didn't expect it to work or to grab me so much, it's an unexpected pairing that makes sense and works for me.  They are both talented designers, feeding off the other's energy and it has culminated into a real passion and desire.  Something about it is really organic and sexy. .  I really love how TK and LG are playing this.    

• Love 8
So his behavior with Caroline doesn't surprise me, but what I think he didn't expect was to really be so intrigued by her. It's completely backfired on him.  I was one who actually got excited over Katie and Ridge, but this with Caroline and Ridge has completely blown me away, I didn't expect it to work or to grab me so much, it's an unexpected pairing that makes sense and works for me.  They are both talented designers, feeding off the other's energy and it has culminated into a real passion and desire.  Something about it is really organic and sexy. .  I really love how TK and LG are playing this.

This! Wow, this absolutely sums it up. Ridge was working his plan, and the plan completely backfired on him. He never thought he would get emotionally involved or connected to Caroline, but he has. How else to explain seeing her when he is making out with Katie? That day by the window, when he kissed Katie, then pulled back and saw Caroline? He was totally flummoxed, and his shock was clearly written all over his face. Ridge has never been involved with another creative person, at least that I can remember. The closest person would probably be Ashley Abbot; so maybe Ridge is swimming in uncharted waters here? 

Whatever.....I don't care if it is wrong or naughty....I like it. 

• Love 7

To me, Ridge has always been devious and selfish and will go to pretty much any length to get what he wants, especially where FC is concerned. So his behavior with Caroline doesn't surprise me, but what I think he didn't expect was to really be so intrigued by her. It's completely backfired on him.      

It kind of reminds me of how he proposed to Original Recipe Caroline out of a combination of spite for her father and because he knew she was determined to hold onto her maidenhead until she was married.  Even after Caroline accepted Ridge's proposal, he couldn't resist rubbing it in Bill's face and constantly pressured her to give him a little "taste" even though their wedding was set a mere two weeks away from the date he proposed.  I recall one scene where he was on the phone with Caroline and she told him that she loved him and he couldn't even return the sentiment.  I even got the impression that Ridge enjoyed needling Stephanie a little bit when he and Caroline announced their unexpected engagement.  Both Eric and Stephanie were surprised, but she couldn't even hide her displeasure and asked him point blank in front of Caroline whose idea it was for them to get married.

It wasn't until he was faced with the prospect of losing Caroline that he realized that he did, indeed, love her.  He was terrified at the prospect of losing her because of his indiscretion with Alex.

So, Ridge, what are you gonna to do about Katie, playa?

• Love 5

It kind of reminds me of how he proposed to Original Recipe Caroline out of a combination of spite for her father and because he knew she was determined to hold onto her maidenhead until she was married.  Even after Caroline accepted Ridge's proposal, he couldn't resist rubbing it in Bill's face and constantly pressured her to give him a little "taste" even though their wedding was set a mere two weeks away from the date he proposed.  I recall one scene where he was on the phone with Caroline and she told him that she loved him and he couldn't even return the sentiment.  I even got the impression that Ridge enjoyed needling Stephanie a little bit when he and Caroline announced their unexpected engagement.  Both Eric and Stephanie were surprised, but she couldn't even hide her displeasure and asked him point blank in front of Caroline whose idea it was for them to get married.

It wasn't until he was faced with the prospect of losing Caroline that he realized that he did, indeed, love her.  He was terrified at the prospect of losing her because of his indiscretion with Alex.

So, Ridge, what are you gonna to do about Katie, playa?

Yaaas!  Ridge has history that is very shady where women are concerned.  His history with ORC (Original Recipe Caroline) is what makes his relationship with her niece Caroline even more delicious, because there is history that ties them together. 

Katie is sweet and she has been a good pass for Ridge, but she's not his equal in any way.  She doesn't understand his artistic side and that's really where his passion is and what defines him.  Evidently Caroline understand this and was able to find it when it was lost.  The viewer can see through Ridge's reaction that even he doesn't understand it, but it's not something he can ignore.  She has become his muse and honestly he's never really truly had that with any other woman that I can see.  Brooke may have been close to it for a time, but she never tapped into his artistic side the way Caroline has and she can embody "the woman" on those canvasses.  She is a living breathing design come to life.  His ultimate woman imo.   He was correct when he told Caroline in a round about way that Rick can't appreciate her the way he can.   I'm all in with Caroline and Ridge, where ever it goes...I'm in on this ride!

• Love 7

Maya has no pride whatsoever. She can't even let Rick deal with his grief before she's trying to mack all over him? And she so should be paying some consequences for all of the snooping and gossip mongering she's been doing at work. 

• Love 5

Totally agree that the actress playing Maya is coming off as harsh and not appealing at all. I don't care for JY at all, but he was however good in the scene with LG. She definitely is one young actress to watch. The writers that had those hypocritical words come out of Hopes mouth evidently have NEVER watched this show at all, or they would have seen how dumb and stupid they sounded!!

Edited by godfreydaniels
  • Love 9

Yaaas!  Ridge has history that is very shady where women are concerned.  His history with ORC (Original Recipe Caroline) is what makes his relationship with her niece Caroline even more delicious, because there is history that ties them together. 

Katie is sweet and she has been a good pass for Ridge, but she's not his equal in any way.  She doesn't understand his artistic side and that's really where his passion is and what defines him.  Evidently Caroline understand this and was able to find it when it was lost.  The viewer can see through Ridge's reaction that even he doesn't understand it, but it's not something he can ignore.  She has become his muse and honestly he's never really truly had that with any other woman that I can see.  Brooke may have been close to it for a time, but she never tapped into his artistic side the way Caroline has and she can embody "the woman" on those canvasses.  She is a living breathing design come to life.  His ultimate woman imo.   He was correct when he told Caroline in a round about way that Rick can't appreciate her the way he can.   I'm all in with Caroline and Ridge, where ever it goes...I'm in on this ride!

You highlighted the very reason the Kringe pairing simply didn't work.  The pairing couldn't even be classified as an emotional affair but more of a revengemance.  Now, that Brooke has effectively taken herself out of the picture (for now), the thrill is gone for both of them.  Do they even read "their pome" to each other anymore?  I find it very telling that Katie is more upset about Caroline being more in tune with Ridge compared to herself, than she was when this creep when flying off to the Middle East to meddle in Brooke and Bill's business.  That mess should have raised all kinds of red flags.  Snatching Brooke's engagement ring off her finger and marching to Bill's office and insisting that Brooke was not going to marry him?  Another red flag.  That conversation Katie had with Donna should have taken place months ago.  So, it tells me that one thing.  Katie wasn't that angry with Ridge at that time because he accomplished the one thing she really wanted--Brooke and Bill not getting married.  Mission accomplished.  

But, this shit here?  A book of sonnets is not enough to keep a revengemance going especially when the lights are turned on and it's shown for the weak, insipid mess that it really is.  Ironically, Ridge and Caroline have been having an emotional affair, complete with fantasies, longing looks and some intense kissing.   Oh--and they believe they have more in common than the partners they are with.  Sound familiar?  That wall of smug is about to be wiped off her face and if loving that is wrong, then I don't want to be right!

Katie should have been Ridge's muse, which would have been evidenced by his designing a wedding gown for her, as he has been known to do for his other interchangeable brides.  

• Love 5

To go from Rick/Caroline angst goodness yesterday to Rick/Myrna pukefest today was just wrong.

ITA.   I don't particularly care to see Miriam in any scene with anyone.  Kara Mosley is just awful with her sneering and big eyes.  I don't understand what she is trying to convey with those looks.  I get that she feels victorious for what she did but a better actress would have had a cool calculated look highlighting her achievement;  but all I get is this stupid doe eye Steve Urkel look, with her strained pressed lips smile and "I'm sowweeee" eyes.  Ugh.  I hate the character...and what I really want is to love to hate her, but the actress is just ruining the whole damn thing for me.  

• Love 6

What I loved today was the lack of Ivy.  Not that I don't enjoy the character or the actress, but without seeing her, I just took it to mean that she (ostensibly) had better things to do with her time than sit around work, worrying about Rick's love life.  And it made Hope and Carter look dumb in the process.  I could see still wanting to talk about it, but go hang out outside of work.

• Love 5

ITA.   I don't particularly care to see Miriam in any scene with anyone.  Kara Mosley is just awful with her sneering and big eyes.  I don't understand what she is trying to convey with those looks.  I get that she feels victorious for what she did but a better actress would have had a cool calculated look highlighting her achievement;  but all I get is this stupid doe eye Steve Urkel look, with her strained pressed lips smile and "I'm sowweeee" eyes.  Ugh.  I hate the character...and what I really want is to love to hate her, but the actress is just ruining the whole damn thing for me.  

IKR? Caroline was wrong, no doubt about it but I can't help but root for her since the actor is so much better at conveying emotions. The infatuation and conflict with her obvious love for Rick is really well done then Myrna and you get Waaah wah, sad trombone. Just blank dead eyes.

• Love 7

She's a fucking spokesmodel with no neck and bad legs.

Ouch ! This is too funny.

Also funny, Eric acting like he hasn't seen (or been a part of) this kind of thing with his family before.

They need to let $Bill be the CEO.

I'm glad Caroline cleaned up the Alice Cooper eyes she had yesterday.

• Love 3

What I loved today was the lack of Ivy.  Not that I don't enjoy the character or the actress, but without seeing her, I just took it to mean that she (ostensibly) had better things to do with her time than sit around work, worrying about Rick's love life.  And it made Hope and Carter look dumb in the process.  I could see still wanting to talk about it, but go hang out outside of work.

This! lol I actually blurted out an uncontrollable "STFU Hope!" the second she came onscreen and started talking about unfollowing Caroline.

Kudos to Ivy for having a life away from these people, especially considering she's been a confidante of Caroline so, according to show logic, she would've fit right in during the affair reveal scenes.

• Love 3

Guys guys guys guys guys Eva the CBS publicist tweeted that John McCook may do a live tweet in the near future someone get me some Valium because I am JAZZED

I don't know if I can properly process today's episode just yet, except that I did get a little - little - laugh out of Hope unfollowing Caroline's social media account to "hit [her] where it hurts". But Ridge shushing Caroline, and Eric & Ridge yelling, and Eric pulling Ridge away from Caroline, and all of the CaRidge stuff, it's all just blown my brain. And the preview for tomorrow's episode has a scene between Caroline and Eric, I don't have to tell you guys about that!

I'm not here for Maya/Rick, though. Do people in real life actually have that kind of angry sex? Is Rick pumping Maya now because he's hyped up and needs a release? (Yeah, I said "release".) Is he doing it out of revenge? Does he think that doing so will right Caroline's wrong? In any event, it means Maya's won, and I'm not happy about that. Put me on the list of people who don't like Karla Mosley's doe-eyed look; I much prefer her when she's all sassy. Maya's desperation was so strong you could smell it.

I've been impressed with Carter lately, hoping for a Caroline/Carter friendship to blossom.

Oooh, me too. Maybe Carter could be the Thorne to Caroline's Caroline?

Speaking of which, I am truly worried about Eric now especially if

that bug-eyed grifter from Y&R is going to making a play for him.  Wealthy widowers somehow end up dead by the time she is done--and she gets away with her bullshit.

Reading this stuff just makes me even more excited - I should have learnt my lesson from the Fred Willard fly-by story but I can't help it.

Maybe Eric finding himself in a sticky situation will be the kind of thrill he's seeking???

Ridge is only messing around with her because he feels like it.  That's horribly selfish bordering on evil.

I wonder if TPTB are writing Ridge to be more of an asshole villian now that TK's in the driver's seat - it's certainly stirred everyone up and created an interesting storyline (at least for this viewer). He's coming across as a lot more ruthless which, while not an admirable personal trait usually, has made for great entertainment recently. $Bill's gone soft in the eclipse of Brooke Logan and I feel like Ridge is stepping up to the plate. Speaking of...

They need to let $Bill be the CEO.

I like this. Have Bill smell blood and come circling around FC - have him make Eric an offer he can't refuse (literally - Eric hates the guy, force his hand and let's see some conflict!). If the boys can't work together to run the family business, why not bring in an outsider? I don't know how that could actually work out in the end but I would love to see Don Diamont and John McCook butt heads again, it's been too long.

Whatever.....I don't care if it is wrong or naughty....I like it.

Join me in the IDGAF corner, RuntheTable!

What I loved today was the lack of Ivy.  Not that I don't enjoy the character or the actress, but without seeing her, I just took it to mean that she (ostensibly) had better things to do with her time than sit around work, worrying about Rick's love life.

That's my girl!
  • Love 5