Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

This show is so beyond ridiculous. I don’t know how any of these “actors” can even pretend to say these words over and over and over. Or in Ridge’s case, whisper these words. Liam, leave the country to 5-7 years as if you’ve been sentenced to prison to regret your actions with all of these sorry women. Brooke? There are no longer any words for how damn sorry you are.

• Love 9

Oh, show. That split screen of longing may have worked for some with Cane and Lily on Y&R, but it ain't working with Liam and Steffy in making me root for them to get back together.

Back to last week, Wyatt and nuHope do have some good chemistry but I need to see them when they're being less polite with each other. She left him after the loss of their child to deal with his grief alone -doubly so with Quinn's involvement - and that's gotta still sting even as he's with Katie. Hope needs to ask Wyatt did he really love her given that he pulled the exact same shit on Liam with Steffy that he did on Liam with her - setting himself up as the better option and wearing down the girl until he got her in a set-up wedding. While there may be true feelings there, their origins were less so, IMO.

I'm beginning to think Liam needs to get dirty and move back in with Steffy under the guise of giving her a chance but basically do it to make sure he gets a healthy baby rather than Steffy feeding off of it in utero to sustain herself.  If Bill still wants to come over and tend to her, by all means come on over and Liam will go to a movie. But still plant bugs throughout the house to catch all that Bill says about Liam when he isn't around so that Liam never forgets his father is an ass. And possibly use it in the divorce proceedings.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TobinAlbers said:

Back to last week, Wyatt and nuHope do have some good chemistry but I need to see them when they're being less polite with each other. She left him after the loss of their child to deal with his grief alone -doubly so with Quinn's involvement - and that's gotta still sting even as he's with Katie. Hope needs to ask Wyatt did he really love her given that he pulled the exact same shit on Liam with Steffy that he did on Liam with her - setting himself up as the better option and wearing down the girl until he got her in a set-up wedding. While there may be true feelings there, their origins were less so, IMO.

This is why I don't buy the Hope/Wyatt 'love story'.  He DID pull the exact same moves on Steffy.  I don't have a problem believing that he cared about Hope (Steffy) and that he was gutted over losing their child, but what happened between Hope and Wyatt was more about Liam and $Bill than it was about Hope.  Watching some of the scenes between Hope and Wyatt is like watching a predator and its prey.  Hope was ripe for someone like Wyatt.  She was very naive and idealistic.  She thought she was smarter than she really was.  And she was harbouring a lot of hostility towards Liam for all the bullshit he put her through.  She'd been too afraid to unleash on Liam because she knew he'd run back to Steffy. 

And then there was the SEX.  Hope had chosen to remain a virgin until she got married.  She was no match for Hauxdi who used sex like a credit card, to get whatever she wanted.  Finally, Hope's MOTHER talked her into fucking Liam to take away Steffy's 'power'.  Talk about DOUBLE betrayal.  Hope's choice was a reaction to her mother's behaviour and her own existence.  Her mother never understood WHY Hope became a professional virgin and talked Hope into throwing away everything she believed in. 

Liam really let Hope down during that whole debacle.  He claimed to love her but he had no problem climbing on top of her, even though he KNEW it wasn't what she really wanted.  He was a young man getting off on having two young women throw themselves at him and didn't spend too much time thinking with his head.  I can imagine sex with Wyatt must have been a revelation.  It was probably the first time Hope actually ENJOYED sex.  Here was a guy who cared about what she wanted and pleasing her.  And we all know Wyatt knows his way around a bedroom! I don't think Hope ever really loved Wyatt; she was just dickmatized.

I thought the meeting between Hope and Wyatt was well handled.  They had shared a lot but there really wasn't much between them.  Their relationship had no real foundation.  I think the show should explore WHY Wyatt sets himself up to be discarded that way.  He sweeps women off their feet but as soon as they don't need him, they move on without looking back.  It looks like the same thing is going to happen with Katie.  She's so sexy now, sparkling with confidence.  Wyatt doesn't want to be the first to say that he has feelings but Thorne is right there.  Thorne is just as needy as Wyatt but he has no problem saying so. 

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 14

Yep, I agree nuHope does have that perpetually surprised look. I think it's her eyebrows. They might be shaped with too much of an arch and sit too high on her forehead. Easy fix unless she deliberately wants to look like that.

I'm beginning to think Liam needs to get dirty and move back in with Steffy under the guise of giving her a chance but basically do it to make sure he gets a healthy baby rather than Steffy feeding off of it in utero to sustain herself

If he does he better stay in a separate bedroom with a locked door because for sure she'll try to seduce him back into her web. That's always been her MO with Liam and it's always worked.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 9
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 2:00 PM, CountryGirl said:

Based on the spoilers for this week, I think you'll have to c-o-u-n-t me out (New Edition style). Because I think we'll reach a new low in suckitude for this show, starting with the GarBridge nuptials complete with Satanie's portrait looking down (when it should be up) on the couple

I LOVE a good New Edition reference!  well done!

I don't know about you guys, but KKL's acting is infectious.  I mean I HATE Ridge and all the crap he's done to Brooke, but her smiling and being so happy (about marrying him... bleh)  when she turns it on it makes me smile no matter if I think ridge is a douche or not

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Heh, if Steffy had known Liam was having a cozy dinner with Hope in his hotel room she'd have been loading up heavy artillery.

Speaking of that dinner, if those sandwiches tasted as bad as they looked, I could see why they barely touched them (I think Liam's had a bite taken out of it, Hope none).

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

He thought she would be his last first kiss, his last everything...only he wasn't that for her and can never be again.

It wasn't that for him either *cough*Sally*cough* :P

• Love 3
On 2/6/2018 at 9:14 AM, ByTor said:

Is he not poor, though?  He doesn't work for his sleazy dad anymore, and maybe he also pulled a Nick Newman (Y&R) and gave away all of his ill-gotten money.

I doubt Liam gave his moolah away. Remember when he was trying to decide on a charity to start? Did he ever actually decide or do anything about that? I know he gave raises and bonuses and set up a nursery at SP, but what about that big ol' charity that was going to change the world?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, SweePea59 said:

I doubt Liam gave his moolah away. Remember when he was trying to decide on a charity to start? Did he ever actually decide or do anything about that? I know he gave raises and bonuses and set up a nursery at SP, but what about that big ol' charity that was going to change the world?

I keep hoping that they'll have Liam be smart and invested his mother's life insurance money well as well as have created and sold a few apps so he has some income independent of his time at Spencer Publications. I can see him not currently being liquid and not having reassessed his financial situation since he's been moping in that hotel room.

I'm also willing to bet if Liam moves out, it'll be in with Hope and they do a 'platonic' apartment share while he gets back on his feet. Ridge, Steffy, and Brooke's heads  would all collectively explode.

Just go rent Thomas' loft already, Liam.

Random Note: Kind of chortled at the name of the current Winter Storm blowing through the Midwest and East coast being Liam.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

Random Note: Kind of chortled at the name of the current Winter Storm blowing through the Midwest and East coast being Liam.

Kinda apropos if you ask me seeing how William and Lee Bell got their start in Chicago, the crapitol of the Midwest.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

I doubt Liam gave his moolah away. Remember when he was trying to decide on a charity to start? Did he ever actually decide or do anything about that?

So what you're saying here is that he even waffles on his charities? :)

53 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

I'm also willing to bet if Liam moves out, it'll be in with Hope and they do a 'platonic' apartment share while he gets back on his feet. Ridge, Steffy, and Brooke's heads  would all collectively explode.

Oh, I know!  Liam-Hope-Sally can all live together & partake in wacky hijinks like Three's Company!  Pam & Charlie can be the Ropers! :)

• Love 7
1 minute ago, ByTor said:

Oh, I know!  Liam-Hope-Sally can all live together & partake in wacky hijinks like Three's Company!  Pam & Charlie can be the Ropers! :)

You kid, but I would watch this show! LOL

Pam and Charlie as the Ropers would be ah-mazing.

I nominate Wyatt as Mr. Furley only because he can make the gaping fish/pursed chicken lips whenever anything that does not compute happens.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, TobinAlbers said:

I nominate Wyatt as Mr. Furley only because he can make the gaping fish/pursed chicken lips whenever anything that does not compute happens.

LOL I love it!

• Love 3
14 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Hope had chosen to remain a virgin until she got married.  She was no match for Hauxdi who used sex like a credit card, to get whatever she wanted.  Finally, Hope's MOTHER talked her into fucking Liam to take away Steffy's 'power'.  Talk about DOUBLE betrayal.  Hope's choice was a reaction to her mother's behaviour and her own existence.  Her mother never understood WHY Hope became a professional virgin and talked Hope into throwing away everything she believed in

The show never explored any of that in any great detail, and it was a shame. The closest we got was Hope admitting she slept with Liam to distract him from Steffy in the therapy sessions she had to enroll in after they finally fucked. Even Bridget, put upon as she was, got to at least have fun and enjoy herself the first time.

I agree with the rest of that post. I never bought Hope as being in love with Wyatt as much as she enjoyed having a guy who she didn't need to split attention with.

2 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

He got back with Steffy, so he no longer needed it to prove that he was a Good Guy to bang her. ?

• Love 8

Today’s pre-wedding show was vomit inducing. Brooke (wearing her 17th white wedding gown!) could not have been more simpering, sickening or childlike. I hated Hope’s hair and dress. Hated Slutty’s hair (what was that anyway?) but thought she looked fantastic in that dress. Katie’s dress was a bad color on her and ill fitting. Pam’s dress was just stupid. 

• Love 11

Speaking of stupid -- what was that suit/ tux Slouchy was wearing?  Pale blue grey with grosgrain lapel trim -- very 1973 prom.

"Simpering, sickening ... childlike"  exactly!!  the Logan sisters are in their 40s/50s.  Married multiple times each.  The innocent 'oh this is my wedding day, I'm so happy to be marrying my forever love' was a long. long time ago for all of them, especially Brooke.  She has been married to 7 different men.  This is her 11th wedding to Sludge,  Every single time Brooke has married anyone -- especially Sludge -- everyone has ooo-ed and ahhh-ed and said how in love they are and this one is forever. Ha!

I wanted to smack the smug off Sludge's face when he saw Brooke.  I don't think he looked happy or in love -- he looked like he'd just deflowered the homecoming queen.  The side eye Thorne gave him confirmed that for me.

• Love 20
19 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Liam really let Hope down during that whole debacle.  He claimed to love her but he had no problem climbing on top of her, even though he KNEW it wasn't what she really wanted. 

I don't know if this is better or worse than Oliver thinking she wanted her first time to be up against a wall while wearing masks in the middle of a crowded party..... oh this show.

• Love 6

Great googly moogly that was hard to watch!

I'm sure Susan Flannery was thanking her lucky stars that she didn't have to sit through THAT in person.

The first time Hauxdi came on screen, my first thought was 'what's a Kabuki actor doing here?  Oh shit, it's Steffy!'.  Whoever does the makeup on this show needs to have their Sephora membership revoked forever and be sent to Alcatraz.

How is it that on a show full of gorgeous women, NOT ONE managed to look good.  I take it back:  Mama Avant and Pam did look very nice, but that's it.  The costume person needs to have the cell next to the makeup person on the Rock.

The men were just as sad as the women.  Of course Eric looked lovely.  And Papa Avant.  But I've seen Ingo in a tux before and what the fuck was that?  Sludge looked like his tux was too tight.  He looked like a sausage that needed a shower.  Has Slouchy ever looked good?  I don't know what B&B does to remove the 'sexy' from a good looking man like Carter, but it's working.

What is Hope playing at?  One minute she's over at Liam's hovel and she's shocked, SHOCKED that Steffy could sleep with her father in law.  The next minute she's Little Miss Concern all up in Hauxdi's grill.  Pick a lane, Hope and stick to it because that was pure fuckery. 

Every single person who had a 'special moment' with Brooke had either done her dirty or vice-versa.   I guess Bridget's gag reflex wasn't strong enough to allow her to attend the wedding of the year.  Nobody even mentioned Ridge's OTHER child; out of sight, out of mind, I guess.  Thomas and Caroline were probably afraid they'd get struck by lightening if they showed their faces.

I have a sinking feeling that the simpering will go on until Friday.  Thank God for fast forward!

• Love 11

Well, now we know why Ivy had to dye her hair blonde. It was so Steffy could try to pull off the Liz Taylor look. Nah, Steffy. Fail. Wrong eyes, wrong body.

Whose shower curtain did Hope repurpose as her dress? Didn't she just come back from a long stay in Europe? That dress didn't look at all like Continental chic to me. More like Simplicity pattern circa 1976.

Thorne looked so handsome in his tux. <swoon> Kinda sad when the best man outshines the groom.

Liam. You should not have called her. Give an inch...But good on you for not bowing to the pressure.

• Love 8

Once again, Stephanie comes out of the closet.  It seem that the closet is really a climate controlled vault. 

PTL, Liam didn't come to the wedding. It took your newly acquired balls and backbone to do it. Kudos Liam kudos. 

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty as to the female attendees. 

Ivy = Gorgeous even with short hair 

Hope = Was that a bridesmaid's dress?

Maya = Another bridesmaid's dress

Stuffy = The dress wasn't bad but the face              has to go. 

Katie = Dress was plain and drab.  Bad color and too clingy for her body type. 

Brooke = Dress wasn't bad but why was it white. 

Donna = Very pretty. 

Quinn = Not all that fond of the dress but still beautiful as always. 

As for the rest, age appropriate. 

I had to double check if they aged RJ one again by letting him a Coco drink wine. It looked more like soda unless RJ puts ice in his wine but there was no ice in Coco's glass. 

I'm waiting for a shoe to drop since Ridge put  a Kina Hura (Yiddish for putting a curse on oneself) by saying he will marry Brooke today no matter what.  

• Love 6

My apologies to TK’s fans, but even with a tux, and knowing it’s his wedding day, he still looked like a sloppy, greasy mess.  Couldn’t even shave and wash his hair to wed his “beloved”?  

Time for Brooke to give up the white wedding gown.  She would have looked just as lovely in pale pink or blue. But when you’re marrying for the 107th time, you need to say no to the white dress. 

• Love 13

I thought TK had shaved and he looked pretty good, though I didn't like Ridge's tux. 

I'm cautiously optimistic about Thorne and Katie.  Back in December, B&B got slammed by alot of soap websites for how IR was introduced as Thorne, and Brad Bell is usually not one to ignore criticism.  Sure enough, the writing for Thorne appears to have changed.  He suddenly doesn't seem as consumed to obtain all things belonging to Ridge, including his fiancee, and the brothers are grudgingly getting along.  Thorne has stopped referring to Brooke and Thorne's past romance and marriage as if it was the greatest love that ever was, and his attention is onto Katie, it seems.  I kinda like Thorne and Katie together, mainly because I thought B&B did a good job, maybe too good a job, convincing me that Wyatt and Katie were sex buddies and very casual.  The potential explosion of Bill finding out about Watie has lost some momentum with Bill having bigger issues to deal with.  So if Thorne is conflict for Watie, I'm all for it, and if Thorne and Katie are going to be more serious, I'm willing to see where that goes, too.

I'm curious about the frequent use of the word "last" to describe this Bridge wedding, as in "Bridge are marrying for the last time", "this one will be the last", etc.  I don't remember hearing that when TK first assumed the role and Bridge were engaged.  Did anyone on the canvas say that when RM was playing Ridge and he was engaged to Brooke all those times?  I'm not sure it means anything, other than an acknowledgement of how many times Bridge have married before, but it does sound final, like either they'll make it and be the stable couple on the show for years to come (not likely), or after this go-round, Bridge will be done.  It just sounds so odd to me.         

• Love 7

This is the last GarBridge union for this quarter. That's all that means. LOL! I believe that at practically every wedding, some mention is made of "last," "forever," etc. Maybe they need to play reverse psychology and say something like, "this temporary union just feels right this time," "marry in leisure, repent in haste," and then the marriages will last? Got me.

I am glad I stopped by here before watching that simper-fest. It's a wedding for two people who have been married 10 times now with a handful of guests who, for the most part, have showed up for free champagne and cake and can barely tolerate each other. Why did they need checklists, etc. Katie and Donna could be Brooke's attendants in their sleep.  I would have been downstairs belting a couple of glasses of bubbly down instead of upstairs crowding around Brooke. I wonder if Eric and Quinn have a closet full of white satin dressing gowns on hand because every bride wears the same one.

Why was this wedding so special that Brooke got the heirloom earrings? Have they been floating around between Donna and Katie?

I agree that Ridge looked smug and victorious (and overall grotty) as he stood there in his greasy splendor watching his prize bride descend the staircase to hell.  I wish that he and Thorne could have switched jackets because I think IR would look great in white, whereas, it didn't flatter TK at all.

Oddly, of all the women, I thought Steffy actually looked the best. That gown was a great cut and color for her and I liked her hair in the faux bob. I didn't catch enough of Ivy or Donna to tell what they were wearing. Coco looked too old with that hairstyle. I didn't recognize her at first. Hope's dress was hideous and yeah, Katie's dress was awful. It wasn't the best cut or fabric choice for her body type. I liked what I saw of Quinn's dress but I think RS looks great in those deep jewel tones. I would have liked to have seen more of Maya's dress because it looked interesting like it had some kind of art deco vibe going on. I liked Brooke's hair and makeup but not her dress. Agreed that she didn't need to be wearing white. I was surprised there wasn't the usual banter about Eric pulling an all-nighter at FC to design Brooke's gown.  Slouchy's suit looked like he grabbed it at the nearest thrift shop on the way to the wedding.

Best dressed: Steffy (sorry) and Eric

High fivin' Liam for not giving in and going to the wedding. Raspberries to Hope for agreeing to sit with Hauxdi. The only seat Hauxdi needed were all the ones across town at the Staples Center.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, grisgris said:

I was surprised there wasn't the usual banter about Eric pulling an all-nighter at FC to design Brooke's gown.

At this point, Eric probably has a collection of Brooke wedding dress designs he can pull out for use at any moment.

• Love 5

Welp, this is the first TK as Ridge wedding that actually happened, right? Katie blew up the first one and Queridge blew up the second attempt. Third time's the charm!

The only way I'd have accepted Liam going to the wedding is if he'd been on his way only to have caught a glimpse of the scene of the crime, aka the guest house, as he drove up to the main house, and turned around to leave and get so wasted at a bar that the bartender calls Wyatt to drive him home. Wyatt gets there and depressed over Katie also throws back a few with them both drowning their sorrows. The next day they wake up at Wyatt's beach house wondering how they got there. 

Hey, it'd at least have been something fun to cut away to from the wedding.

• Love 6

I'm waiting for a shoe to drop since Ridge put  a Kina Hura (Yiddish for putting a curse on oneself) by saying he will marry Brooke today no matter what.  

I'm curious about the frequent use of the word "last" to describe this Bridge wedding, as in "Bridge are marrying for the last time", "this one will be the last", etc. 

The "forever" stuff has been unusually heavy-handed for a soap and for a couple with Brooke and Ridge's ridiculous marital history. It's why I'm still wondering if they're getting ready to kill Ridge off. Neither he nor Brooke have any marriage-destroying secrets looming so what else could it be? Maybe Ridge will have a heart attack at the ceremony or at the reception, hah hah.

• Love 3

I also think Katie's dress was horrible, which I guess is kind of realistic in that, no one should outshine the bride. And as for the bride, well, she really should have gone with a cream or a pink, ooh, or maybe a peachy color.  Oh, well.

• Love 1

I generally enjoy these fluff episodes; I find them a nice break from the drama, and it usually gives the entire cast a chance to hang out together. My only problem with this one was the reason for the celebration.

Now, just a few short months ago Ridge and Brooke were all set to be married, but there wasn’t anything remotely approaching this level of hoopla. All the ominous comments about “last time” “forever”, then Katie bringing out the family heirloom earrings, and the speeches and the toasting, but the granddaddy of them all was Brooke opting to hang the Queen above the fireplace. It is all so over the top; I just feel something big is coming. Then again; maybe the something big is that Brooke and Ridge will actually stayed married for a measurable amount of time.

THE GOOD

Brooke – Beautiful as always, but as has been said by my fellow posters; dispense with the white.

Eric – Handsome and well put together.

Maya – I loved the color and the embellishments on her dress, and thought her skin looked like perfection. I also liked her hair.

Pam – Loved her retro outfit and hair. Only Pam could rock that.

Coco – Looked so cute in that hairstyle, and her dress was beautiful

Steffy – She looked great. For once, she was totally put together, and looked sophisticated and lovely.

THE KIND OFs

Thorne – Loved the suit, but that bowtie? Way too big, and was crooked as hell.

Ivy – Didn’t really get to see enough, but her gown looked too plain for someone so young and beautiful

THE BAD

Quinn – Hated her dress; too square up top and too dowdy. Loved the color though.

Katie – Bad color, cut and style for her

RJ – Looked like a bellhop

Hope – Just no

Why was Liam apologizing to Steffy? Don’t ever, ever, do that again Liam.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

I never bought Hope as being in love with Wyatt as much as she enjoyed having a guy who she didn't need to split attention with.

Agreed.

15 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

I don't know what B&B does to remove the 'sexy' from a good looking man like Carter, but it's working.

I'm not sure how well it's working, he had me drooling :)

15 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Liam. You should not have called her. Give an inch...But good on you for not bowing to the pressure.

I really expected to see him come through the door at the last minute, so I was so happy when he let Steffy know he wasn't coming.  Unfortunately, I have a sick feeling Liam coming through the door is what will end Friday's episode.

14 hours ago, Waldo13 said:

I had to double check if they aged RJ one again by letting him a Coco drink wine. It looked more like soda unless RJ puts ice in his wine but there was no ice in Coco's glass. 

I don't put ice in my soda (I don't put ice in anything actually), so I bought that she wasn't drinking wine.

14 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

My apologies to TK’s fans, but even with a tux, and knowing it’s his wedding day, he still looked like a sloppy, greasy mess.

Before the wedding when he was wearing that sweater, however, I saw why so many others talk about how good looking he is.  :)

13 hours ago, SingerIslander said:

I'm curious about the frequent use of the word "last" to describe this Bridge wedding, as in "Bridge are marrying for the last time", "this one will be the last", etc.  I don't remember hearing that when TK first assumed the role and Bridge were engaged.  Did anyone on the canvas say that when RM was playing Ridge and he was engaged to Brooke all those times?  I'm not sure it means anything, other than an acknowledgement of how many times Bridge have married before, but it does sound final, like either they'll make it and be the stable couple on the show for years to come (not likely), or after this go-round, Bridge will be done. 

Not likely at all, but I hope so, this getting married-getting divorced at breakneck speed crap is just too much...not to mention too predictable.  A couple breaking up is no longer dramatic when you know it's not a matter of "if" but "when".

8 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Welp, this is the first TK as Ridge wedding that actually happened, right? Katie blew up the first one and Queridge blew up the second attempt. Third time's the charm!

Yes, the first TK Ridge with Brooke.  His wedding with Caroline was the only one that took.

51 minutes ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The "forever" stuff has been unusually heavy-handed for a soap and for a couple with Brooke and Ridge's ridiculous marital history. It's why I'm still wondering if they're getting ready to kill Ridge off. Neither he nor Brooke have any marriage-destroying secrets looming so what else could it be?

Brooke trying to push Hope back with Liam will be the thing that inevitably ends them.

34 minutes ago, RuntheTable said:

Pam – Loved her retro outfit and hair. Only Pam could rock that.

The outfit was fine, but I hated her hair.  I don't like that look at all.

• Love 4

I'm going to laugh if Brooke pushes Hope and Liam back together, Steffy gets together with Bill, and Ridge dumps Brooke again.  Who will Brooke run to first to try and ruin their current relationship - Bill, Thorne, or Eric?

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I'm going to laugh if Brooke pushes Hope and Liam back together, Steffy gets together with Bill, and Ridge dumps Brooke again.  Who will Brooke run to first to try and ruin their current relationship - Bill, Thorne, or Eric?

Probably Thorne because Katie can't have a man without Brooke threatening to take him away. 

Although Wyatt would be free. Anyone up for Bryatt/Wooke?

But then he's an ex of both Katie and Hope so....maybe not.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The "forever" stuff has been unusually heavy-handed for a soap and for a couple with Brooke and Ridge's ridiculous marital history. It's why I'm still wondering if they're getting ready to kill Ridge off. Neither he nor Brooke have any marriage-destroying secrets looming so what else could it be? 

I have to admit, the thought has crossed my mind, too.  Seeing B&B do all this Big Romance with Bridge is making me wonder if something big won't happen to the couple--and by "big", I mean final and permanent, as much as anything is final and permanent on a soap these days.  Didn't Brad Bell say that he wanted to kill off a character this year?  I thought I'd read that somewhere...

• Love 3

I forgot to mention, is it wrong that I was giddy upon seeing that portrait of Stephanie?  I LOVE that condescending, disapproving look on her face...it is just SO Stephanie.  I really miss her :(

• Love 2

This wedding is so pukeworthy. 

Don't like Brooke's hair up like that. It is aging her. They at least could have put a flower or a pretty sparkly clip in there.

One week of great acting when the shit hit the fan, and now 2 weeks of everyone in town trying to convince liam to take steffy back. What a disappointment.

• Love 4

Why is Liam berating himself for not being able to get over HIS WIFE FUCKING HIS FATHER?  Liam is not the bad guy here and I'm getting really annoyed with the implication that he is some unforgiving ogre.  Hauxdilox was mad at her husband so she fucked his father.  She wasn't assaulted or coerced.  SHE WANTED TO FUCK HER FATHER IN LAW.  And then she renewed her wedding vows and planned to lie about it, forever.  How is Liam supposed to lie down with a woman capable of that kind of betrayal?

Speaking of which...I love Brooke a lot.  But looking over the audience of ForeverFest #675, I couldn't help noticing that the only men Brooke hasn't slept with in that room were either her sons, Black or...Charlie. There's no way I could sit in that wedding and not laugh.  Or else look to the sky, keeping a look out for the bolt of lightening.  KKL is so lovely and she always manages to convincingly portray a woman who has found Mr. Right.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  But I wondered if some of those tears weren't because Ronnnnnnnnnnnnn wasn't there.  All that talk about falling in love at first sight, that was Ronn.  The show can't even use flashbacks because Ronn is in all of them.  He's one of the worst actors ever, but I missed him today.

• Love 14

This is the MOST boring week EVER. It's so hard to get invested in Bridge, any relationship on this show really, save for Raya, but especially Bridge. Less than a year ago, they were all sugary sweet, engaged, & he was sneaking around & making out with his stepmother, the exact same stepmother, who is the current lady-of-the-manner in which Ridge & Brooke are getting married for the 12th time, or the 2586th time, I can't count today, & the exact same stepmother who designed Ridge's cuff-links & maybe Brooke's ring (I zone out sometimes, but I think she did). Roughly 6 months ago, Brooke was marrying $Bill, who she had previously claimed to be the love of her life, that hotass stallion. No mention of destiny then! The irony also being that Ridge was fairly recently red-string engaged to the maid-of-honor, while Brooke was at one time married to the best man, & recently allowed him to kiss her without putting up a fight - I wouldn't, either. I'm saying that by Memorial Day, at least 1 of them will be engaged to someone else. Possibly married to someone else.

I got back together with this show in fall, 2011, right around the time that the ToD started, God help me, but I may have foisted it onto all of you. To the best of my knowledge, Brooke was married to RM's Ridge for a minute around that time, then, not again until $Bill this past summer, & now Ridge. She shockingly has only been married maybe 3 months of the 6+ years I've been back together with the show.

**ETA - I forgot the worst part...no $Bill! The show without $Bill, this many days in a row, is like a solid, consecutive, never-ending week without sunshine.**

Edited by nkotb
Totally forgot $Bill.
  • Love 10

Beautiful words waisted on a couple that is destined, by TIIC, to have a life span of 6 months.  I thought, with quoting from the Bible, Ridge would burst into flames.   

I sure hope that Liam is not talking himself into forgiving Stuffy.  Speaking of Stuffy, is she wearing a wig or just removed her extensions. To think of it, they explained Bridget not being there but not even a whisper about Thomas. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 6

Dear Lord,

Give me the strength to get through this recrap. I mean, recap.

Love,

CountryGirl

We're at the Forrester mansion and Ridge and Brooke are holding hands in the flower-bedecked living room, staring up at the empty place over the fireplace.

I love Brooke's cobalt blue sweater and actually like Ridge in his navy sweater (it's certainly a better look for him than his usual unkempt hobo suit look). It's probably the only positive thing I'll say about either for the rest of this.

07.02.2018+%25280%2529.png

Ridge: "Next time we're in this room, we'll be walking down the aisle saying our vows with our picture right above the fireplace." Please let us be spared from seeing yet another portrait, especially their's.

Brooke: "You know, I have an idea about that picture. I'll be right back. Don't go anywhere." She moves toward the foyer and of course, we all know where she's heading. The portrait closet.

07.02.2018+%25282%2529.png

She stares down at it and seriously? You're going to have the hag who orchestrated your rape staring down at you during the latest GarBridge wedding?

07.02.2018+%25283%2529.png

Ridge: "Logan!"

07.02.2018+%25281%2529.png

Brooke emerges with the portrait.

07.02.2018+%25286%2529.png

Ridge: "What are you doing with that?"

Brooke: "Yeah, well, I just thought it would be nice to have your mother above the fireplace where she belongs."

Ridge: "You never cease to amaze me. After everything my mother did to you." EXACTLY!!!

Brooke: "And you know what? We're gonna show Liam and Steffy that love conquers all. Love always wins in the end, right? 'Cause that's what today is all about. Remembering the past, celebrating the children that have come after us, and celebrating those that have come before us who've impacted our lives. And I have to tell you, the one person that's really impacted my life was your mother. So... I would be so proud to have your mom above that fireplace watching us exchanging our vows. What do you think?"

07.02.2018+%25288%2529.png

What do I think? Where do I begin?

First, you're not gonna show Liam shit because he's not going to be there. Even if he was, you would be the last example he'd chose to be inspired by. It also pisses me off that Brooke is crowing about Stephanie being the one person who really impacted her life. Well, negatively impacted would be true, but what a slap in the face to her own loving mother.

We get a closeup of the portrait and while I miss SF, I will never, ever miss Stephanie. I overlooked so much but I will never overlook her setting up Brooke to be raped. Never. To have her portrait front and center is an affront to sexual assault survivors everywhere, Brooke included, and fuck you, show, for celebrating her.

07.02.2018+%25287%2529.png

Brooke heads upstairs to get ready.

Pam and Charlie come in and Pam is touched to learn it was Brooke's idea to have Stephanie's portrait hung above the fireplace for their wedding.

Upstairs, a white-robe-clad Brooke is getting ready with Katie, Hope, and Maya assisting and for pity's sake, a woman who has been married this many times doesn't need any help. 

Back downstairs, Charlie helps Ridge install the portrait with Charlie joking that if he weren't so ga-ga over Pam, he'd give Ridge a run for his money where Brooke is concerned.

Uhhh...

Eric and Quinn walk into the living room. Quinn's green dress is gorgeous. Eric looks delighted to see his late wife's portrait hanging above the fireplace and Quinn pretends to like it, too.

Back upstairs, Donna has arrived and joins the crew and I'm reminded how much AN resembles JG. 

07.02.2018+%252811%2529.png

Hope: "Looks like it's gonna be nonstop hugs and smiles all day." Hope, the 80s called and want their prom dress back. I do like Maya's hair and the style/color of the dress she's wearing...but am iffy on the embellishments.

Donna looks gorgeous in the navy gown but Katie...this looks like an experiment gone wrong in 7th grade home ec class. I'll have a close up of the fug a bit later.

Katie: "Well, that's what we Logan girls do best: celebrate the good times."

Donna: "Only this is something more. Ridge and Brooke, Brooke and Ridge. Their romance is legendary. I am so happy for you. I love you so much." Oh what do you know, Donna.

Brooke: "Thank you."

Katie: "I love you, too. Oh! Logan girl hug."

The sisters embrace and come off it with the Brooke is the blushing young bride act here. It's not gush-worthy, it's gag-inducing.

07.02.2018+%25289%2529.png

Back downstairs, I see that Anna and Obba have been retrieved from their moth balls. And Carter's there, too.

07.02.2018+%252810%2529.png

Viv says she wishes she had had the chance to know Stephanie...and no, you don't, Viv. Trust.

RJ and his stupid retro tux and Coco (who looks gorgeous and way too classy for this pipsqueak) wonder where Ridge is (I'm surprised he's not rolling around in the guesthouse bed with Quinn for old time's sake). Maybe he'll be less tempted considering who last rolled around in those sheets.

Ivy wonders where Steffy is. Well, she's still at the beach house. I like her dress but the faux-bob isn't working nor is the fact that she's once again looking very Kabuki-esque. 

DVdBdDzXkAALN9X.jpg

She leaves yet another voicemail for Liam, attempting to emotionally blackmail him into this farce of a wedding.

Back upstairs, Katie and Donna encourage Brooke to wear Beth's earrings. Um, wouldn't that have been more appropriate when she married Eric or the first beach wedding with Ridge? If anyone believes this is going to be Brooke's last wedding, well, aren't you special? The earrings are pretty though.

07.02.2018+%252812%2529.png

Brooke: "I love them. And I love all of you for doing this."

Katie: "The next piece of jewelry you'll be putting on is your wedding ring from Ridge." Do I detect the slightest hint of bitterness that Brooke is getting not one, but two rings from Ridge, and all Katie got was a string?

Out in the courtyard, Eric is giving Ridge the cufflinks Quinn designed for him.

07.02.2018+%252817%2529.png

Does anyone not get how utterly inappropriate it is that Quinn, Ridge's ex-affair partner, designed not just the bride's engagement ring and the groom's gift? Oh wait, maybe it is entirely appropriate considering who the couple is.

07.02.2018+%252815%2529.png

Love Ingo in a tux (well, most men really) but the bow tie is way too big...and speaking of big, TK's got quite the rump shaker.

Slouchey comes out and pipes up with wondering whether Ridge is actually going to marry his mother.

Ridge: "There is nothing and no one gonna stop me from marrying your mother today." Usually that means something absolutely will interfere with the nuptials, but I have the sinking feeling that this wedding will go off without a hitch. I mean, it will still last about six months.

There's a quick scene with Thorne and Katie flirting and I like them together. Sorry, Wyatt.

Eric pops into the bride's room to share a quick hug with Brooke as does Slouchey and his stupid tux.

Steffy arrives then and LMAO that some are comparing it to Scarlett showing up at Ashley's birthday party. Not hardly.

Hope does a 180 and immediately checks on her and agrees to sit with her if he doesn't show. Dafuq?

Thorne announces it's time to take their seats and Katie heads upstairs to get Brooke who is wrapping up a call with Bridget. Wow, some continuity there.

Downstairs, Steffy gets a call from Liam and why are you calling her? You could have just sent a text or...nothing. Let her stew in your father's juices. 

He is far nicer than I would be, apologizing to her and saying he just can't do it. Thank goodness he didn't show. 

She sad-sacks it back to her seat and Hope immediately pops up from her seat in the front row to sit next to her. 

Katie heads down the stairs and towards the living room and here's a shot of her hideous dress. Whg did HT piss off in wardrobe?

Katie1.thumb.jpg.4b29735aa3d70ef8aaf403937ca40828.jpg

We hear the wedding march as Brooke begins her descent as everyone turns to look toward the stairs.

07.02.2018+%252819%2529.png

Her hair is lovely and the dress is gorgeous...but white, really?

07.02.2018+%252820%2529.png

Ridge looks on as his prize of the moment approaches. I agree he needed to shave and wash his hair.

07.02.2018+%252821%2529.png

Brooke reaches the foyer.

07.02.2018+%252822%2529.png

She looks at Ridge and beams while I reach for a wastebasket.

07.02.2018+%252823%2529.png

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

07.02.2018+%252810%2529.png

Viv says she wishes she had had the chance to know Stephanie...and no, you don't, Viv. Trust.

2nd post today, but I just have to say...What.A.Waste. I know Julian wasn't enamored of Saint Maya like he was supposed to be, as realistic as his reaction probably was from someone in his generation, but the actor? That's the talent on the show. Cut whomever you have to pay that man to be on the show - pssssttttt, there's someone to his left, about a head taller than him, that hasn't had a story in like 2 years, so you could easily cut him & not miss anything; there's also a few others I can think of, but start easy. He's good. He's too good for this show, but he's here, use him!

• Love 7

I do have to say that Brooke’s latest wedding gown was beautiful and flattering on her. The hair? A big NO. I hated how “done” it was with the big curl on the right side of her hair, sprayed to withstand a tornado. Her hair has looked so good, fresh and healthy lately so this was a huge fail for me. Tomorrow is supposed to be the show where she’s changed her clothes and says “Let’s partaaayy!!” Really? Can’t wait to see how laughable that reception is going to be in the living room with so many flowers that it smells like a funeral parlor and only 20 guests. 

• Love 7

I FF'ed through most of today's barfathon but have to ask...is giving speeches ever done at a wedding like the ones that were given today during the ceremony?  I mean, really, have any of us ever been to a ceremony where random guests popped up to give the bride and groom a tongue bath like the ones Bridge received today?  I remember the days of old when the FANS really 'shipped their favorite couples...not the other cast members.  Blech.

• Love 6

Have to say I did like Brooke's dress from behind. The front looked too "mother-of-the-bride" to me though.

Quoting the Bible to that room full of sinners? What a joke. There isn't a single Commandment that hasn't been broken by one of the guests or the wedding party. In fact, people like Quinn and Steffy have broken several...

"As it is now, so it shall remain." Didn't Ridge say that to Caroline? Whatever, under different circumstances that oath could be used as a curse. Oy.

the only men Brooke hasn't slept with in that room were either her sons, Black or...Charlie.

Not sure I understand the significance of Brooke not having slept any of the Black men.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Back upstairs, Katie and Donna encourage Brooke to wear Beth's earrings. Um, wouldn't that have been more appropriate when she married Eric

No ?

But I agree with the sentiment. Why is this Bridge wedding so much more special than the other 11 that preceeded it? Unless Bridge are gonna stay together for any reasonable length of time (doubtful) or Ridge is about to be killed off (the far more likely of the two options, because Brooke can never be happy for longer than two minutes on this show), it's just a bit too much.

Most likely scenario is Bridge having a row over Waffle Bowl 2.0 when Hope decides she's still in love after all and Ridge gets pissed at her for not stepping aside for the disgusting Slattern he calls his daughter. You know, like how he stepped aside and respected Brooke's wishes....ever.

• Love 6