Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

So, Zende is who Spectra is poaching from Forrester? Zende? Zende, who is maybe 21 & should probably be fetching coffee is going to save the company? On the flip side, Zende, who drew one dress while his underage wife slept, & now considers himself a designer, much like my 2-year-old drew 1 dinosaur that she deemed "beautiful" & now thinks she's an artist, is going to turn his back on his family & join the rival design house, which may, or may not withstand all of the bad publicity & having the CEO potentially jailed for crimes against his family? Of all the Forrester employees, Zende will be the one to jump ship & save Spectra??? I just can't.

We should've known when $Bill was provocatively caressing the phallic skyscraper, likely named "Steffy", that it'd never see the light of day.

• Love 8

Zende needs to slow that role! Goodness, he comes out of left field with this desire to design, coldcocking everyone with his sketches, and just thinks, expects, that they will be sent right on down to the cutting room? Does Zende have any idea how long and hard Thomas fought just to get his dad to look at his designs? And how Ridge not only disparaged them, but tore them up in Thomas’s face? And Thomas had skills and experience. Now, I am not saying that it is wrong to have dreams and ambitions, but you have to earn your chops my man. It didn’t go unnoticed that Thomas used “interesting” to describe Zende’s work; the same thing he said about Sally’s designs. But really, Zende getting all butt hurt about this and attacking Thomas and Steffy was all kind of wrong. I already don’t give many figs about the Zende character; now he goes and puts all this effort into moving up my Hatefulness Scale by making me feel sorry for Steffy! She is a rotten bitch, but she sure didn’t deserve that ish yesterday. Haven’t we had enough with this “I am not a real Forrester” crap? We had it with Brooke/Stephanie, Rick/Ridge, The Taytots/Hope, Taylor/Hope, Taylor/Brooke and the list just goes on. I am also a little steamed that we are having another personality transplant. Just like Caroline went from sweet vanilla do gooder, to elitist, demanding socialite, social media maven overnight, it appears that sappy sweet Zende has grown a different set of balls since last week. Two fucking days ago he was on the “I hate everything Spectra” train, trying to preserve and protect FC’s and his family, now he is turning on them and saying they think less of him because he was adopted. Will he say these things to Eric? A man who has embraced him as his grandson, given him a place to live and viable employment in the family business? I am super pissed about this change because I know, as was said upthread, that Zende will be hightailing it right on over to Specta. NOOOOOOOO!!!!! Where does that leave him and Nicole? Right; they will be split up within the next two months. Will we have Nicole and Wyatt? Nicole and Thomas? Zende and Darlita? Zende and Sally? Shit is so fucked up.

I would love to apply a big, ugly ball gag to Katie’s smirking mouth. Normally I would be all about telling Eric the sordid details, but this time I don’t want that. At the end of the day though, this isn’t Katie’s fight. The only people who should be involved in this are Ridge/Quinn/Brooke. What is Katie’s point exactly? I am done with Ridge, but he was right to call out Katie’s motives. And Brooke also. I was so glad that she expressed her displeasure with Katie’s actions. They are childish, mean spirited and very, very dangerous. Of all people, Katie should know that you don’t play with other people’s lives. And can I ask where the hell Will has been while LemonHead has been conducting her investigations and interrogations? He used to be the most important man in her life until she developed this crushing crush on Eric. I did take a small amount of pleasure when she pulled her sour face after seeing Bill’s ring back on Brooke’s finger. Katie can spin it any way she wants, but at the end of the day her credo is “If I ain’t happy, then no one else will be either.”

And Ridge! Holy Cow, is he ever getting under my skin. As right as he was to call Katie out, is how wrong he is about who is at fault here. Katie wouldn’t have the goods if Ridge and Quinn hadn’t done the deed; so just shut it about who would be hurting Eric. And what is this creepo, stalkerish stuff about “I will fight for you?” I hope he does just that, and I hope Bill whips his ass for it. Brooke better stay strong here too. I admit I am a little bit nervous about Bill’s quest to uncover what Ridge did. I am scared that Bill pushing will upset Brooke out of fear that Eric will find out. I swear by all that is holy, if they break up Brooke and Bill again, I may just have to sign off for a while. Particularly if they try to build that stupid Bridge again.

• Love 12

With all due respect to my vision-impaired brothers and sisters, was hair and makeup done by dropouts from the Stevie Wonder Academy of Hot Messes?  Everyone's makeup, male AND female, was caked-on.  And the hair!  When Nicole walked into Fauxdilox's office, I heard banjos strumming because it was 'Dueling Weaves'  I've worn my hair natural most of my life, so I know little to nothing about that stuff, but Nicole's weave didn't even look like it was put on properly. 

I can sympathize with someone feeling like he doesn't fit in but Zzzende is a fucking fool, using his adoptive status to make up for his total fuckery.  Fashion design is extremely difficult and people go to school for years to learn how to do it.  For Zzende to wake up one morning, put pencil to paper and then expect to become a designer at a couture house is pure bullshit.    So of course, the second person he runs into after being (rightfully) turned down by Fauxdi and Thomas is CJ!!!!!  If Sally has any sense, she'll take one look at Zzzende and say 'I'll take my chances in the hoosegow'!

• Love 13

Shallow rant:

Everyone on this show obviously works out and look fantastic. Chicken and Waffles apparently can't be bothered. Why are they the exception? Yes I know in everyday life everybody doesn't have model looks. I watch this show for the pretty because I'm surrounded by average Joes (myself included).

ETA: I Blame Barry Allan. I'm still trying to vent my anger from the most recent episode. Sorry :/

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, tricknasty said:

Shallow rant:

Everyone on this show obviously works out and look fantastic. Chicken and Waffles apparently can't be bothered. Why are they the exception? Yes I know in everyday life everybody doesn't have model looks. I watch this show for the pretty because I'm surrounded by average Joes (myself included).

ETA: I Blame Barry Allan. I'm still trying to vent my anger from the most recent episode. Sorry :/

I just 45 mins ago caught up to The Flash so your Barry Allen ire hits fresh for me, LOL. Although to be fair, following Grant Gustin on Instagram, the man, uh, stays fit. Just needs to get some sun ;)

Chicken and Waffles may have bad backs or other physical issues that make it hard for them to work out, maybe? Billy Miller on Y&R had some issues with his back which then was compounded with his taking medication that made him balloon up a bit. If an actor can lift a woman and sweep her off to bed, he's in good shape but if they push and are pulled to the coach or bed then either the actress has ruled it out or the actor has.

I haven't even watched a full scene with Coco but I gotta say she still seems like a lock for an Emmy nom and win for next year. She's leaps better than RJ and even Nicole. Although Nicole can rock her wardrobe even as her hair is a mess.

On one hand it's none of Katie's business what goes on with Ridge, Quinn, Eric, on the other now Quinn knows how Liam felt when she screwed with his life for years with him having done nothing to her nor Wyatt except breath and Bill claiming him first. Let Katie do this for a few more months and then Quinn can complain. Liam put up with it for years, Quinn's merely had Katie as a pain for a few mere months. Talk about weak. Karma, Quinn. Look it up.

Can Brill move it alone to their wedding already?

• Love 8

Do we have to be reminded everyday that Sally stole from them and that Katie is only happy when she sticks her nose in other people's business.

It hard to tell if Zende is happy or sad unless he tells you. He is so deadpan. Boo hoo Zende boo hoo. 

That scene with Zende and C.J. was totally contrived.  How would C.J. even know Zende and if he did, it would be as a photographer.  So why did C.J. gave Zende the 411 that he needs a designer.  Was it to entice the disgruntled Zende, who only came out as a designer yesterday?  Coincidence?  I think not. 

As an aside, isn't the Beverly Hills Bar the same set as FC rooftop employees' lounge?

• Love 7

I don't like and have never liked Ridge or Brooke, but I laughed for hours at Ridge's, "I don't want to lose you again crap."  Ridge has never lost Brooke.  She's been attached to him like a barnacle since she met him.  It didn't matter if Ridge was engaged or married to someone else.  Brooke was always there begging to be the chosen one.  Ridge has dumped Brooke over and over and over again to be with other women so the idea that Ridge made a "mistake" with Quinn, and that's the straw that broke the camel's back is hilarious and ridiculous.  Brooke didn't have any problem screwing Ridge when she was married to Eric.

I can see how this is going to play out.  Bill will find out about Ridge/Quinn, probably courtesy of Katie, he will tell Eric (for what reason I don't know), Eric will dump Quinn, Brooke will dump Bill, and Brooke will go running to Ridge only to find him sexing up Quinn.

• Love 4

Zzzzzzzende is a giant tool.  What makes him think  he's a designer just because his last name is Forrester.  He needs to be reminded that he's not a blood Forrester and you don't get talent via osmosis. And that pouty face-----is that his idea of acting?   Think again.  

• Love 8

So let's see. TPTB are setting us up for obvious fertility issues. Zzzende and Nicole have been trying and unsuccessful since their fly by night nuptials. Are we gearing up for them to try and take Lizzie if it's discovered that she can't conceive? Rick and Maya have been in the happy bubble for too long, so some form of angst would be nice. And they're also setting up for Mr. Zzzquil to jump ship. I'm like you guys. How would CJ know who he is and why would he be confiding in a perfect stranger? The hell? Zende was acting like a total douche yesterday Dude, designers go to school for years, intern, work at fashion magazines, and all kinds of things. That's like me rolling up to Carolina Herrera HQ and being like, "I'm a designer because I sketched some ish last night. I should be able to work here." A couture fashion designer has earned that respect and prestige. I guarantee they have some colorful stories that lead to that success.

I find myself liking Nicole a little more because she was there for Coco and a good friend. I just can't see her and Zende being happily married. He's becoming increasingly entitled and obnoxious. I wish they would do something about that wig of hers. Her wardrobe and accessories are usually on point. That's stuff I'd wear or buy for/gift to certain loved ones. I'm all for wigs, extensions, and any form of protective styling to protect one's natural hair, but if they can spend that much on the wardrobes of the cast, they can find her a decent lacefront wig or someone to do a sew-in. Between the bad make-up, bad weaves, and Brooke's fugly shirts, I just can't even at times with this show. That dress Steffy had on today? What in all holy hell was that? The white one was cute, but that short sleeve/off-the-shoulder/long sleeve mini dress was just no ma'am. 

• Love 11
(edited)
4 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Zzzzzzzende is a giant tool.  What makes him think  he's a designer just because his last name is Forrester.  

Isn't that basically everyone on this show, though? 

Shit, even Bridget who went to med school and could cure organ rejection with a cure from Google decided to just be a designer because then they didn't need to have a standing hospital set.

But to her credit, she did attempt to get noticed on her own merit by having the worst disguise ever and submitting designs to Jackie M instead of demanding that one of her brothers make room for here. Even in this endeavor, Bridget was, to quote Gatsby, "better than the whole damn bunch."

2 hours ago, AussieBabe said:

TPTB are setting us up for obvious fertility issues. Zzzende and Nicole have been trying and unsuccessful since their fly by night nuptials. Are we gearing up for them to try and take Lizzie if it's discovered that she can't conceive? Rick and Maya have been in the happy bubble for too long, so some form of angst would be nice. And they're also setting up for Mr. Zzzquil to jump ship.

I won't feel one iota of sorrow for Nicole when this inevitably happens. 

But I agree the Raya happy bubble needs to crash like the 2008 housing market. If they want to claim trans representation, then treat your trans female character the same as everyone else and give her some story beyond  propping Rick's ego. Or God forbid she use the wealth and Forrester name to which she decided she was entitled to actually help the trans community in some meaningful way.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Must be something wrong with Zzzzende's swimmers since Nicole got pregnant from the first round of artificial insemination.

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Cindylou said:

I'm calling it now Darlita  and Zzzzende will  hook up after he starts at Spectra, or it will be her that Nicole gets all jealous about.

Well, it will be all Nicole's fault because her eggs didn't insta-fertilize on their honeymoon.

He wants a baby NOW.

He wants to be a designer NOW.

I'm not a REAL Forrester - sniff, sob, sniff, sob.

Are we sure Ridge didn't spend some time in Africa twenty-two odd years ago?

• Love 7
17 hours ago, KLovestoShop said:

Zzzzzzzende is a giant tool.  What makes him think  he's a designer just because his last name is Forrester.  He needs to be reminded that he's not a blood Forrester and you don't get talent via osmosis. And that pouty face-----is that his idea of acting?   Think again.  

His last name is Dominguez. And I will say that every chance I get til the writers hear me. He and Nicole are the worst actors on daytime TV. How the hell CJ recognized him is pure BS

• Love 6

Recap for Thurs. 5/4/17: 

My satellite scrambled a few scenes (thanks, endless rain!) but I got the majority of the episode.

We open at FC, where Puffy and Brooke are talking about how quickly Ridge, Eric, and Thomas are working to finish the new collection. I love Brooke's pale pink jacket and white pants.

Brooke: "I'm sure the Forrester men will come through."

Speaking of Forrester men, Steffy reveals Zende's offer to save the day (well, that's basically how he acted) and the shit fit he threw when he wasn't immediately promoted to designer.

Oh, wonderful! LemonHeads is here to brighten everyone's day.

That pulls Steffy's focus from Zende to why didn't Brooke marry her father in Aussieland. Brooke continues her stance of not discussing it, so, a disappointed Steffy leaves and the moment the door closes, Brooke calls Katie on the carpet for threatening to spill the tea to Eric about Ridge and Quinn. 

Brooke: "We've all had enough drama." Brooke, this is Katie you're talking to. She thrives on drama. And once upon a time, not so long ago, so did you.

Katie isn't up for a lecture from her big sister (who really should just turn her over her knee) and fires back, asking if Brooke is truly done with Ridge and can't resist adding: "If not, that doesn't bode well for your drama-free future." She better be done with Sludge or I'll stage a boycott. Hear that, TPTB?

In the design office, Zende is whining away to Nicole about not being made an insta-designer by Steffy and Thomas.

Zende: "I can't live like this. I need to know I'm not an afterthought." Who dusted off Thomas' script from weeks ago?

Nicole "helpfully" suggests he get his mommy to go talk to his granddaddy or uncle Ridge. Zende at least has enough sense to quickly reject the idea. 

Zende: "I just feel naive for expecting to be fully accepted as a Forrester when I'm a Dominguez."

590cc4ac62cb7_Zende-Copy-Copy.thumb.jpg.f2ef0cc2924fa9aafa7b42702604e63c.jpg

He's a Dominguez, folks, and I'm sure somewhere Tony wants to know and your problem with that is, what, exactly?

Nicole, already bored with this, tells him she's sure they'll figure things out and they hug it out. He leaves and I'm sure Nicole is relieved to get a break from the whining.

Nicole discusses Zende with Steffy.

Steffy: "I love him, but the timing is off." And I can't disagree with her here. They are in crisis mode and don't have time to mentor Zende into being a real boy, I mean, designer.

We gets some shots around LA, the majority of them being skyscrapers. Subtle, TPTB. But this means we're going to see $ Bill, so I won't quibble.

And not only do we see Bill sitting behind his desk at SP, his two eldest sons are there and, as always, this trio does not disappoint.

Bill tells them before his big day with Brooke happens, he needs to seal the deal with "something else."

Liam gestures to the phallic tower: "You do realize it takes more than a few days to build a skyscraper." Thanks, Captain Obvious.

Bill: "I do know a little something about that, Liam. There's a lot that goes into a venture like this."

590cc4ea1533b_SpencerMen.thumb.jpg.8d6f5517a550e4dfef6bb4b79d3ccbf5.jpg

Liam: "Okay, but....if you had to choose between this...(gesturing again) monstrosity and the woman you've been trying to marry for like a million years, which would it be?" 

Bill is as cocky as ever: "I wouldn't have to choose. I would accomplish BOTH."

Liam: "That's not-" And he's cut off by his father as Wyatt just laughs. I like Wyatt's cream-colored jacket. Still not a fan of his hair. 

Bill, all crossed arms and annoyance: "Because a Spencer man doesn't SETTLE. Haven't I taught you two clowns ANYTHING?"

Wyatt crosses to Liam and asks, conspiratorially, "Should we be writing this stuff down because I don't have a pen?"

Liam, whispering, "I'm not writing this stuff down."

Bill, in the line of the day: "You should tattoo it on both your behinds and read it to each other on a DAILY basis." LMAO! His sons look at him, equally parts annoyed and perplexed. "You know what, never mind. Neither of you two goof balls are ever gonna be in your dad's league." Wyatt and Liam exchange FML glances. "But I will give you some credit...you've both come a long way in the past few years."

Liam and Wyatt are visibly surprised with Wyatt remarking, "Wow, that almost sounds like a compliment."

But Bill isn't finished: "Under MY guidance."

Liam, as an aside to Wyatt, "Nope, not a compliment, he's patting himself on the back."

Wyatt: "Too soon." I am loving the Brothers Spencer here and SC and DB play off each other so well.

Bill threatens that if they keep this up, he won't let them plan his bachelor party.

Wyatt: "You didn't let us throw the LAST one!"

Liam, chiming in, "Or the one BEFORE that!"

They have another little side conversation, with Wyatt asking, "Exactly how many times has he been to the altar with Brooke? I think it's A LOT."

Liam: "I have genuinely lost count." I truly enjoy Liam so much more when he's far away from the Harpy Valley PTA clone he's married to.

Bill laughs and shrugs their jabs off as only he can, pretending to be interested in his phone. 

Wyatt brings it back full circle by remarking that "It is about closing the deal, right? That's what you said. But with Brooke?" Wyatt dramatically cups his chin as if he's giving this serious thought and Liam takes the bait: "But it never quite seems to happen?" To Wyatt: "Do you know why that is? I don't know why that is." Both sons enjoying poking the bear (because they know deep down, he's loving the sparring.)

590cc4a993632_SpencerBros-Copy(2).thumb.jpg.2895290746f0681c3be7d49ba6ddb128.jpg

Bill, without looking up from his phone, "Two words." Their heads swivel to face him and now he makes eye contact: "The dressmaker. He simply can't accept reality."

Liam wants to know if Bill knows what happened to make Brooke call things off with Ridge.

Bill: "No, but it must have been something dark and twisted for Brooke to kick him to the curb the day before their wedding." Interesting choice of words and honestly, it's not realistic that Bill wouldn't have sussed this out by now.

Liam reasons that maybe Brooke realized she was marrying the wrong guy and I think that's hitting the nail on the head. Her catching him with Quinn was just confirmation of what she already knew.

Bill: "Well, now she's marrying the RIGHT guy...but it won't stop me from learning what Forrester did...or making him PAY for hurting Brooke...again." Wyatt and Liam glance at each uncomfortably, knowing Bill's vendetta against Ridge is likely not going to end well. For anyone. Bill leaves then and Wyatt is optimistic as he tells Liam that he thinks this is their father's time with Brooke. Fingers crossed.

Zende is all but crying into his drink at Il Giardino...aww, poor widdle Zende.

CJ is also at the restaurant and notices Zende. He ambles over to introduce himself and before long, they are chatting all about the Forrester/Spencer rivalry, including the latest theft. CJ doesn't condone Sally's actions but says he can understand them.

CJ just happens to mention that SF doesn't have a head designer anymore (since Sally has bowed out, what with an uncertain future/possible prison time looming) and how landing a designer with some cash would be akin to saving the business.

Zende:

tumblr_n4uyz07X8e1s4yjw6o1_400.gif

Back at FC, upset that Brooke won't let her have any fun (aka blackmailing), Katie turns her sourpuss up to a 10 and snots about Brooke being caught between two men. As usual. Bitch.

Brooke, as if she's explaining it to a five-year-old and same difference, says: "I can't overlook what Ridge and Quinn did in order to give him another chance."

Brooke_Katie_5_4_17.thumb.jpg.5413fadb6adb9d7320e66d6144a23f14.jpg

Katie snarks: "Especially since you can't be sure it won't happen again."

I swear Katie's theme song should be this:

Pour some misery down, indeed.

Katie speculates as to how Bill proposed when the man himself enters and is happy to chap her ass by telling her Brooke proposed to him.

Bill: "And I'd love to tell Ridge."

Hating the sight of people happy and in love, Katie makes a hasty exit. Finally!

He takes a moment to greet Brooke properly, kissing her tenderly, and telling her "Hello, Beautiful." Awww...Brooke is instantly glowy, her spat with Katie forgotten as the sparkle is back in her eyes.

Bill tells her they've got some wedding plans to get going on and Brooke agrees.

He asks her about meeting up to finalize the details at Il Giardino.

Brooke, saucily asks, "How about we do it right now?" 

Bill, easily catching her hidden meaning, says, "I would love to do it right now...but I have a meeting. Though I would like to see that poser walk in here while we're planning our nuptials." He teases her about she thinks Ridge is planning to be his best man and they share a laugh at that while she settles more comfortably into his arms.

Bill: "I love that smile...that little giggle." As do I. Always have. "I would have waited for you forever. Never given up...even when you were about to get married in Australia. Deep down...I just believed...it AIN'T gonna happen. I won't let it happen. Now, here we are, you're wearing my engagement ring and we're one step from being husband and wife. Fulfilling OUR destiny." YAAASSSS. "The life that we've waited so long for."

He smiles into her eyes and she smiles back.

Bill: "Think back, Gorgeous...all the incredible times we've shared." They flashback then, to the very beginning, to their first kiss in Aspen, the hot air balloon ride, then to their reunion in Sydney (one of my all time favorite moments), then to the rooftop at night when he gave her his sword necklace that she recently returned. 

Bill, cupping her face in his hands, whispers that he will always be here for her: "You'll NEVER have to question my feelings. You'll NEVER have to question my commitment. I'm your's. Forever and a day."

Brill1_5_4_17.thumb.jpg.3f5d3fe95bf3afa8e49179c92b2ee8d5.jpg

Bill's words...the perfect vows.

Brooke just beams, like the sun coming out on a cloudy day, and he gently pulls her closer to kiss her gently. She pulls back to hold his face in her hands, smiling with happiness. 

Brooke_5_4_17.thumb.jpg.0affeeb5f5532d7351d847a90874a395.jpg

• Love 11

I love that Zende is already bitching about them not being pregnant. They got married on Valentine's Day-ish, February 14th (for those of you who ignore the dumbest, Hallmark-holiday ever invented, like we do). Of course the wedding lasted a week of show time, but let's go with 2/14. It is now May 5th. One would assume that Nicole wasn't having her period on her wedding day, & likely not trying to get pregnant on her wedding night, so we'll call her next cycle starting February 28th. That would be 2 periods, March & just now, in late-April, that she's had since the wedding, going by the calendar. This isn't even considering that if she was on any form of birth control, it'll take a bit for her cycles to even out most likely. What's the rush? IRL, they don't even start to worry about fertility issues until one year of trying, when people are Zende's & Nicole's age. I guess since Rick has real Forrester sperm & was able to inseminate Nicole on the first try, something no man has done ever, Zende is mad he's not keeping up (insert sarcasm font).

Also, have Liam & Steffy, the hottest-for-each-other couple ever, shared a single scene since they got back to the states from their ziplining wedding & engagement-busting reception??

• Love 9
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

Also, have Liam & Steffy, the hottest-for-each-other couple ever, shared a single scene since they got back to the states from their ziplining wedding & engagement-busting reception??

I don't think so and that is fine and dandy by me.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Cindylou said:

I'm calling it now Darlita  and Zzzzende will  hook up after he starts at Spectra, or it will be her that Nicole gets all jealous about.

Just... :(

Ugh, why waste Darlita on Prince Valium ? But seeing that he's related by adoption to Ivy, this is all they have for him, I guess.

• Love 4
(edited)
6 hours ago, nkotb said:

IRL, they don't even start to worry about fertility issues until one year of trying, when people are Zende's & Nicole's age.

IRL, very few couples their age in LA are actively trying to get pregnant less than three months into marriage.

Nor likely would they still be together after the guy slept with your sister twice, but hey.

On Thu May 04 2017 at 3:39 PM, Waldo13 said:

As an aside, isn't the Beverly Hills Bar the same set as FC rooftop employees' lounge?

Yuuuuuuuuup  [/Lana Kane]

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Could Ridge be any less enthusiastic or emotional trying to woo Brooke back into his life? The difference between him and Bill is unbelievable. Bill is all passion, go get my woman and we're doing this! Ridge is well, whatever, I want you because I haven't ever wanted any woman I haven't gotten, zzzzzzzz. I thought Ron Moss was the worst actor ever on any show I've ever seen but even HE had more emotion than this Ridge. How many more times does Brooke have to say "I'm DONE WITH YOU!" Walk away, Brooke and never speak to this cretin again. Enough with this crap, writers!!

• Love 10

??????Why is Carter there acting like the DA or ADA?  Also, why is this being done in the judges chambers and not in a court room?  Where is the stenographer recording the conversation for the record? I can't even blame this on LA just shit ass writers trying to cut corners.  

Actions have consequences?  Maybe for others but not the fabulous Steffy Forester.  

Thomas to the rescue. Sally and Thomas FTW!  How I would love to see Steffy's face crack when she finds out Thomas vouched for Sally. Better yet watch Steffy's head explode if they get married. 

• Love 10

There just isn't any way for me to care less about Brooke and Bill. They have more chemistry than Brooke and Ridge to be sure - but then again that isn't really all that difficult considering even Maya and Rick have more chemistry than Brooke and Ridge.

Someone tell me how Bill the Stallion is a-okay with getting Brooke because Ridge did something. Not because she changed her mind on her own and thought 'Hmmm Bill is much better for me.' Nope that did not happen. She ran to Bill because she found Ridge kissing Quinn. Ah yes that is indeed true love. So Bill is second choice to the dress designer and that's just fine? I don't buy it. I just don't.

Zende is ridiculous. Why is this jerk on this show and taking up precious air time?

Sigh. I really can't with this show sometimes.

• Love 11

Bill has only on occasion cared about how he wins, usually only that he does.  He will screw this up by exposing Ridge and Quinn hurting Eric. Cuz he IS that guy. I don't care about Brill either, they can get married and go hang out with Raya  and I'm fine. 

• Love 2

Haven't watched for a couple of months and tuned in today...wow what is up with the flat hair on Wyatt and Jarrett for starters!!  Did they run out of product?  And Wyatt has put on a hefty amount of weight, wow!!  Brooke's stringy curls are doing her no favours....

• Love 5

It really bugged me today listening to Bill list Brooke as another one of his possessions along with his skyscraper.

I don't get why Brooke can't look Sludge in the eye and tell him once and for all that IT'S OVER! She can't even do it after Bill has asked her to -- with all three of them standing there.  TK always comes across like he's talking to one of his buddies at the club when he's in scenes with KKL.

Re: Zzzzende ... yeah.  How random was that that he would run into C.J. The holes were so glaring. I was under the impression that C.J. didn't live in L.A. any more nor was connected to the fashion business. So unless he saw a write-up about Zende somewhere (wedding story?) he wouldn't know him. Zende grew up in Florida and C.J. was long gone by the time Zende arrived on the scene.

I can't get over how dense Zende is. A crisis point for FC is NOT the time to break-in a novice designer. You can bet that Zende would be especially high maintenance.  He is pretty naive and arrogant at the same time to think he can salvage the situation with his insta-sketches.

I don't think that I can stomach a front-burner line starring the Ambien couple if Zende heads to Spectra and Nicole is pregnant or they're trying and we have to witness constant hand-wringing over that.  I will give RE a little ... when she's in scenes with Coco she's much better.  Of course, Coco's portrayer is a much better actress. Steffy and Nicole really stink together.

Tally .... AWWWwww ... but eat shit and die to Grams for just sitting there and letting Sally think she was going to jail for five years.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, grisgris said:

I don't get why Brooke can't look Sludge in the eye and tell him once and for all that IT'S OVER! She can't even do it after Bill has asked her to -- with all three of them standing there.  TK always comes across like he's talking to one of his buddies at the club when he's in scenes with KKL.

She ages by ten years in her scenes with him, too, because all she's allowed to do is scowl, cry and purse her lips.  She looks like a different person with DD, like the Brooke in clips from years ago.  It's really an amazing transformation.  I wish they'd just let KKL move on from the Brooke/Ridge pairing for good. 

• Love 9

Only Bill would time how long it takes his employees to arrive at his office. Bill is such a jerk; a character that I love and hate at the same time. For some reason I find myself able to compartmentalize his actions; keeping Bad Bill and Good Bill completely separate in my mind. There really is no other way I could support him and Brooke, who I think are one of the show’s most dynamic pairings.

Really Ridge? You just bust on over to Brooke’s table having no idea if she is meeting someone? All the same; I liked those scenes. Brooke seems so much more relaxed now that she is back where she belongs. Her smile comes easier as does her wonderful giggle. I think somewhere in the back of her mind she knows Ridge’s pursuit isn’t about her at all. It is about winning, and besting Bill. More than that though, it is about protection from his feelings for Quinn. I believe for the first time in his life Ridge actually truly loves a woman other than his mother. Sure, he loved Caroline, and Taylor, and Brooke, but not exclusively. When you commit to another person, marry them, have families with them, there should be no room for anyone else in your heart. But Ridge was never really committed, and I think his feelings for Quinn are scaring the shit out of him. He wants Brooke because she is a known entity; he knows how to handle her, what to expect. But you can only fight your feelings for so long, and even if Brooke does marry him, he will eventually have to acknowledge and explore his feelings for Quinn. I keep remembering that Honey Retrieval Conversation, where Ridge asked Quinn about what she said on the beach about loving him. She made some off hand excuse, but I think he wanted her to own her words and to confirm them in order to validate his own feelings. I don’t see any future for Ridge and Brooke. The only chemistry they have is as friends; both actors seem to enjoy that much more than being lovers. On a shallow note, I must say that Thorsten has been looking mighty good lately. I think he is sexy as all hell regardless, but he is keeping his hair neater, and he looks like he stopped choosing garments from his dirty clothes basket.

AWWWW! Thomas came to save the day! I was positively overcome with the Full On Fucking Feels. Talk about character redemption. I am absolutely loving this pensive, contemplative, loving incarnation of Thomas. His words, coupled with that very strange one off scene the other day with CJ an Zende, have my mind racing. On one hand Thomas said Spectra should close its doors, but that Sally should be set free because of her potential. So where is Sally going to fulfill that potential if there is no more Spectra? Could this be setting up Zende going to Spectra and Thomas and Sally stepping out on their own? I think Thomas is still put out about Steffy being CEO, so maybe this breakthrough with Sally will give him the gumption to tell his sister and FC’s goodbye? Or, maybe, Thomas will financially back Sally to start fresh under a different name? Better yet, he could pitch Sally joining FC’s, which would cause Steffy to have a complete melt down and would sure set us up for some lively entertainment. There are so many possibilities, but under no circumstances do I want to see Sally go back to Spectra and work with Zende. And I don’t want her to stay in Shirley’s orbit either.

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I wish they'd just let KKL move on from the Brooke/Ridge pairing for good. 

A good number of us thought they finally had after the complete snorefest they were three years ago when TK was cast and Ridge first showed up...then we had him cheat with Katie and didn't play his usual waffling game when Brooke came sniffing around when Caroline came into the picture.

• Love 8

Waldo13, I agree about that "hearing" in the judge's office. That was totally off. Plus, I've been watching the reruns of "Home Improvement" with Tim the Tool Man Taylor. We watched the original program and are now enjoying the reruns. This judge on B&B was Al Borland, Tim's assistant on the show. I couldn't take him seriously as the judge because all I could see was Al Borland. I expected him to say "I don't think so, Tim". Ha for those of you who know what I'm talking about. 

• Love 7

Over on our sister soap Y&R they had a character, Dina, come back into town to sell her company and she was shown talking on the phone to someone named Masimo who made her an offer. I guess he's on the cruise with OG Sally.

• Love 4

On a related tangent, the shot way they wrote him out of the show--with the lame way Nick somehow took control of the conglomerate he never had interrst in running--stil chaps my ass. Joe Mascolo was such a huge fish in a very small pond here, but I wish they could've ever brought him back before the other Marones got written out the show.

• Love 2

Recap for Friday, 5/5/2017:

We open at SP where Bill is all but tapping his foot, waiting for Jarrett to arrive and Wyatt is trying to restrain from rolling his eyes, although he's probably relieved he's not on the hot seat.

Bill: "What's taking him so damn long?"

Wyatt: "With Jarrett? You just called him."

Bill: "If he leaves his cubicle the moment I summon him, it takes exactly 2 minutes, 42.6 seconds for him to arrive at my office. I timed it." Okay, shouldn't a CEO have more important things to do than time his employees?

We learn that the real reason Bill is so impatient is because he's meeting Brooke for lunch and they'll be finalizing their wedding plans.

Jarrett shows up and learns Bill wants him to sound SF's death toll. 

Wyatt cautions him to wait, considering SF's demise is not a done deal - yet.

Bill: "It's certain enough! You heard that Garrison clown! Spectra's folding."

Jarrett: "It's just too bad Sally resorted to knockoffs." And it's too bad you didn't have a little more integrity.

Bill: "Well, if you don't have the talent to do it on your own..."

Jarrett: "But she does! There's a lot she'll have to learn, but the talent is there, the potential. If we hadn't sabotaged Sally, she could have made something of herself. Spectra fashions didn't have to die." I wonder how long it will be before Captain Save-a-Ho learns of his father's sabotage.

Bill snipes that it sounds like Jarrett is defending Sally and questions his judgment.

When Jarrett objects, Bill snots: "Those beautiful gowns maliciously taken from their rightful fashion house? And yet here you are yammering on about 'poor Sally Spectra, and if she only had a chance!'" Since when does Bill give a rat's ass about FC? 

Wyatt agrees with Jarrett that Sally might have gone down a different path but for the review and they're not wrong. Bill is somewhat to blame.

Bill shrugs, saying "Who gives a damn? Everybody wins in the end." Oh really? Sally's not winning a thing.

Jarrett: "Everybody? What do you mean? The Forresters lost an entire collection. Spectra will likely be going under."

Bill: "So I win in the end, and that's really all that matters. I get my property, I get my building, and most importantly, I get my Brooke." That's the Bill I love and sometimes love to hate.

Bill takes off to meet Brooke for lunch and Wyatt assures Jarrett that once he marries Brooke, Bill will mellow out. 

JLY7k.gif

At FC, Carter asks Steffy and Thomas if they want to join him for Sally's preliminary hearing but both decline.

After Carter makes his exit, Steffy reveals that she visited Sally after the showing. 

bb-steffy-thomas.jpg?auto=compress&fit=c

Thomas (clearly thinking, "Oh, God!")" "You DID?"

Steffy: "Yeah. I told her how foolish she was."

Thomas restrains an eye roll: "I bet that went well."

Steffy: "She didn't have to do it."

Thomas: "No, she didn't. She wanted to keep it legit, and she could've if she just would have asked me for help." True although I wonder what, exactly, Thomas would have done.

Steffy: "Spectra DNA is too strong. The art of stealing is in their nature. And after today, Sally's gonna pay the price." Stop trying to give Smug Katie a run for her money, heifer. "I know you feel guilty, and it probably won't help for me to say this, but... what Sally did, she brought that on herself."

Thomas: "Perhaps."

Steffy: "Actions have consequences." Actions have consequences??? That is truly rich, coming from this bitch. When has she ever paid the price for anything, ever?

Thomas: "That's true. She lied and she stole from us. And if it were anybody else, I would have no problem picturing them rotting in prison right now."

Steffy: "Well, whatever the judge decides, something has to be done."

Thomas: "I agree. Spectra should pay for what they did. But Sally going to prison? Nothing about that feels right." No, it doesn't.

Steffy: "I don't want Sally to go to prison, either......Well, not necessarily....Well, not for, like, 15 years, but like a month or two in the orange jumpsuit, I think that'd be really entertaining." That's really fucking funny. 

Thomas: "Okay, she shouldn't be going at all. Look, I thought there was a future for us. I really did. And now she could be going to prison."

Steffy, helpful as ever: "Only if the judge thinks she deserves it."

At Il Giardino, Brooke is sitting at a table, alone, when guess who happens by? 

That's right, fucking Rumple.

He doesn't even ask permission to sit, he just plops right down like he owns the place - and her.

Then, he twists her engagement ring so the setting is underneath her finger, saying neither one of them needs to look at that "hideous thing" while they're having a meal. How dare he put his paws on her? And she is NOT there to have lunch with you, imbecile!

Ridge: "So do you want to order an appetizer, or is this gonna be a quick meal?" 

Brooke: "I'm gonna wait, since my date isn't here yet."

Ridge: "Your date? Ah, yes. Your date."

Brooke: "But go ahead. Order what you want. But if I were you, I would take it to go." That's right, Brooke. Tell his rumpled ass to go.

Ridge, smug as ever, "I like my banter with Bill. It's always so interesting because we can talk about him, we can talk about his wardrobe, his jewelry. It's great." Brooke looks so tired of this.

Brooke: "And our nuptials. Bill and I are going to be discussing our wedding."

Ridge: "Planning a wedding, huh? All right, have you chosen a color scheme? 'Cause black on black has always been my favorite." Always or since you met the raven-haired Quinn?

Brooke: "It's time."

Ridge: "Time to plan a wedding. You know, you were planning a wedding with me just five minutes ago. What's the rush?" There is NO rush here. You interrupted not one, but two weddings, so you can just shut it about how she's moving on so fast, especially since she moved at a snail's pace to get rid of you.

Brooke: "I'm ready."

Ridge: "Marrying Bill is not gonna make your feelings for me go away."

Brooke: "My feelings for you are very...complicated. I will always have feelings for you, but that doesn't mean I need to make them mean something." Exactly. 

Ridge: "They do mean something. Yes, you can marry Bill and push me out of the way for a little while, but I am here, a part of you." You have a child together and some very tortured history but that is IT.

Brooke fires back: "Yeah, you'll be there, unsatisfied, looking over my shoulder at any woman, every woman."

Ridge: "That's not true. I made a mistake. I told you I made a mistake, but don't compound it by making an even bigger mistake. We can work through this. We always have. And you know what? In the end, we're gonna end up together, you and me. That's how it ends. You know that as well as I do." No, she doesn't know that, not anymore. Her eyes have been opened by his hurtful, decisive actions and so help me if he calls his affair with Quinn a "mistake" one more time...

Brooke sighs, clearly sick of this, "Ridge, I appreciate your belief in us. I really do."

Ridge: "Belief is something you've been working on for a long time. And look, it's good. (He gestures to his jacket, presumably made with BeLieF fabric). Don't give up now." Oh you are so, so funny.

Brooke laughs and don't humor him, Brooke! "Wow. Oh, my... how -- how do you do that?"

Ridge, knowing exactly what he's doing: "How do I do what?"

Brooke: "You make me laugh when I really don't want to." Okay, I don't like where this is going. Do not give him any sort of opening, Brooke. Be firm!

Ridge: "Got to do something. Either laugh or cry. But we got to figure this out. We got to work through it. I'm not gonna give up on you, not ever." He just sits there with this smug, arrogant grin on his face like I am so smart and have you all figured out and you're the idiot who will take me back again. The trouble is, he's been right about that every other time. 

bb-ridge-brooke.jpg?auto=compress&crop=f

His face drops as Bill strides up to the table.

Bill: "Beat it. Now."

Ridge pastes a smile back on: "Ah."

Bill: "I'm sure there's a skirt that needs hemming somewhere."

Ridge: "And there's Bill right on cue."

Bill: "Do you have any idea how pathetic you are?" No and he never will.

Brooke sighs, deciding to sit this one out - for the moment.

Ridge: "I'm sure you're about to tell me."

Bill: "Can you just stop harassing the woman?" And that's exactly what he's been doing. 

Ridge, standing,: "I'm not harassing her. We're having lunch." She told you she was having lunch with Bill and to order your lunch to go. What part of no doesn't he understand?

Bill: "Save it. Look, I don't know what you did -- yet -- but I saw the result it had on Brooke, and now she's where she belongs -- with me. What did you do? What did you do to make this woman, who has given you so many chances over such a long period of time, finally kick you to the curb?"

Brooke,  presumably thinking of Eric, tries to defuse things: "Bill, please. Just leave it alone."

Bill: "Not until he leaves you alone. Not until he accepts that you're wearing my engagement ring and this pathetic groveling and pleading stops." And you know, I think Bill would be a lot less inclined to go after Ridge if Ridge accepted defeat and stayed away, but his continuing to harass Brooke is fueling the flames for Bill to get revenge by exposing whatever Ridge did (when the best revenge is living well and being married to Brooke).

Ridge: "Not what's going on here."

Bill: "I mean, is nothing beneath you?" Nope.

Ridge: "Brooke and I have a history. You'll never understand that." Why would he want to? Why would anyone want to? It's fucked up beyond belief.

Bill: "Yeah, you do have a history, and it's just that. Brooke is looking to the future now. Aren't you?" Not when he thinks he has a shot at dragging Brooke into the past to torture her some more. "What if Brooke looks you in the eye right now and tells you again that there is no chance? Will you stop embarrassing yourself? I mean, do you really need to hear it one more time?"

Brooke, getting to her feet: "Ridge, just go, please."

Bill: "I guess you're gonna have to be, uh, even more clear. He has to understand that there is zero chance of a future with you."

Brooke: "You betrayed me for the very...last...time. Now...I need to move on. I'm wearing Bill's ring. We're going to get married."

Brill_5_5_17.thumb.jpg.2afeccdee91e6d587aeb5cbf5ac9e11a.jpg

Ridge: "So you're saying there's no place in your heart for me? No future for us? Tell me that and I'll back off."

Brooke has stepped a bit behind Bill, letting him shield her. Please Lord, let her kick him to the curb once and for all.

Sally, Saul, and Grams are talking to Sally's attorney prior to the hearing.

Grams asks if Sally is really going to get 15 years. A fine time for you to be concerned now, Shirley.

The attorney says that's worst-case and (oh joy!) he brought his lucky penny. Is this guy even legit?

Carter arrives then as does the judge (hey, Home Improvement's Al!) and everyone takes their seats as the proceedings get underway. 

Sally's attorney (and his lucky penny) angle for the criminal charges to be dropped, citing Sally's lack of priors, but the judge disagrees, indicating she'll probably get five years at least.

Sally struggles to keep her composure, hearing her likely sentence as Saul and Shirley insist there has to be someone who can testify on her behalf. The judge isn't interested in their biased, though heartfelt, testimony, saying if someone from FC were to testify for her, that might sway things differently.

And just like that, Thomas Forrester interrupts the proceedings to do exactly that. Sally's tear-filled eyes light up with hope but there's also a hint of fear.

Carter stands up, trying to stop Thomas from speaking. Take a seat, Carter. Literally.

Judge: "You have something to say that would affect Ms. Spectra's upcoming trial?"

Thomas: "I do."

Judge: "Then, let's hear it!"

Carter gives Thomas the stink-eye, which he awesomely ignores.

Thomas: "I want Sally Spectra to pay for what she's done. She betrayed us professionally and personally. But I've spoken with her, and after hearing her explanation on her awful lapse of judgment, I believe she regrets what she did, that she would take it back if she could, and she's learned her lesson." Sally's jaw is working and she's fighting the tears...hard. Saul and Shirley look at Thomas and Sally and Shirley, especially, looks guilty for the first ever. "It may take a lot of people going to prison to get to that point, but Sally's already there...Spectra Fashions, on the other hand, should pay. That company should cease to exist." Shirley gives Thomas a look and Sally looks over at her as if to silence her.  "Sally...locking her up does not bring back what my company has lost. And I don't see what good it does putting a woman with so much potential behind bars." Sally stares at him, the tears thisclose to falling. Thomas bites his lip. "That's all I have to say. Thank you, your honor." 

He turns and walks out and it isn't two seconds before Sally is up and charging after him.

Sally: "Thomas! Thomas, wait!" His back is to her, momentarily, but he turns to face her. "Thank you. I really don't deserve it, but thank you."

Thomas: "I wouldn't have said it if you didn't deserve it." He's trying so hard to keep control here.

Sally: "You may have just kept me out of jail."

Thomas, looking towards the judge's office, then back to her, "I hope so."

Sally: "I love you. More than I have loved anyone ever." And she grabs him and pulls him towards her to thank him properly.

Tally_5_5_17.thumb.jpg.8a47d66871331d9e1f3c822b2a8c8421.jpg

• Love 10
17 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Over on our sister soap Y&R they had a character, Dina, come back into town to sell her company and she was shown talking on the phone to someone named Masimo who made her an offer. I guess he's on the cruise with OG Sally.

I hope he is. Sally and Massimo hamming it up on an eternity cruise around the world together is a happy ending I can get behind.

• Love 7

So, I just found this clip from Crazy Ex-girlfriend, and instantly thought of this show:

I mean, that is basically the entire summary of The Liam/Hope/Wyatt shit--but it applies to many other triangles on this show too.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Gudzilla said:

Can Ridge and Bill just get it on already ? They're obviously in love.   They can be BILGE !

::Dead::

::Deader than Dead::

Bilge?! Lawd have mercy.

But seriously can we finally get a same sex male coupling on this show?! Can RJ pull a Will Horton and admit he's forcing this thing with Coco. But given that Coco is a find and there are NO other men (or women) in her age range it's RJ or bust for her.

• Love 3

I now see why Wyatt got a new haircut. It was to make him look more sinister so he could be more like Bill. You got to love Waffles being the ultimate choir boy. Yin-
Yang.  If Liam outs dear old dad, he will definitely gain a lot more of my respect.  I'm embarrassed for DD every time he makes that Stallion sound. 

Eric has a level head and should have been consulted in the first place. Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't Eric, Stephanie, and Sally friendly enemies?  

• Love 5

Can Ridge just finally, finally give up on Brooke? This has been going on for 30+ years. It's old, tired, done to death over and over. This particular Ridge has no connection to our Brooke and it's so damn obvious. Just stop this nonsense and move on, writers! Your few viewers left are just done with this sad story and this sad actor playing Ridge. He sends me right to sleep with his "passion" for Brooke. ZZZZZZZZZZ.

• Love 7

Ridge can't give up on Brooke yet because when she finds out that Bill's selfishness led him to write the negative review on Sally (which led to Sally's downfall), Brooke will be shocked and/or surprised, and go running back to Ridge. I hope I'm wrong, but their history tells me it's a definite possibility.

• Love 4

Recap for Mon. 5/8/2017:

At Sally's hearing, Carter tells the judge (and a stunned Sally, Saul, and Shirley) that FC will no longer be pursuing criminal charges, but as a business, SF is DONE. FC will be seizing all assets, they'll be shutting their doors, and Sally is not to interfere with FC again.

bb-sally-lawyer-carter.jpg?auto=compress

Sally quickly takes accepts the deal and Shirley, mercifully, keeps her trap shut.

Thomas arrives back at FC and wastes no time telling his sister that he spoke up for Sally, saying "she shouldn't go to jail for this."

Steffy is furious, "You're still in love with her? Aren't you?" Steffy just can't fathom how he could be. What is far more unbelievable is how anyone could fall for this trashy heifer.

Thomas says there's just something about her.

Steffy: "Oh, she's a user and a liar and a manipulator. I get it. It's totally hot. So hot." What the actual fuck? Steffy has the audacity to talk smack about Sally being a liar and a manipulator. Has this bitch looked in a mirror lately? JMW looks like a dead ringer for HT and that ain't a compliment.

Steffy-Thomas-opposite-sides-BB-HW.jpg

Thomas: "That's not who she is at all. She just made a mistake."

Steffy: "A huge mistake." Again, not in the vicinity of your crimes.

Thomas, tired of this, "A massive mistake. She screwed us over in a big way."

Steffy, knowingly, "BUT?"

Thomas: "But - it's not who she is. She was under a lot of pressure from her grandmother and her mother and her aunt and (her mother, I think that was a slip) - everybody! And she did a desperate thing."

Steffy argues it was her choice and that no one forced her, which is technically true, but the pressure from her family and staff was pretty insurmountable. She whines about how Sally used her little sister and isn't going to give her a free pass. Queen of Free Passes talking here.

Thomas, wiser than this chick will ever be, "Well, you didn't like her in the first place." She had the same level of vitriol prior to the theft and for no good reason.

Steffy, scrambling for a reply, "Uh, she threw cake on me." Oh boo fucking hoo! 

Thomas: "That was hilarious!" Get her, Thomas!

They argue a little about that. He brings up her not posting anything from her wedding online and Steffy is getting visibly annoyed under the weight of Thomas' counterattack. She scoffs "Whatever" and then tries to claim that Sally is just jealous. I snort-laughed hearing that. Jealous of what? A sharp-tongued, hypocritical hairball?

Thomas zings her again: "I REALLY doubt that." LOFL!

Steffy concedes her surprise that she never sold the wedding/reception photos to the tabloids. Because unlike you, she has some decency and integrity.

The debate the real reason she showed up in Australia with Thomas believing she was there to be his date, nothing more, and I believe that, too.

Steffy whines about how Sally stole "everything" from them and one collection, while certainly a setback, is hardly "everything."

Thomas reveals that even after everything Sally has done, it doesn't wipe away his feelings for her. 

Steffy thinks it should have. Why, because you say so? 

She asks if they are going to date and if he's going to accomplish that by visiting her in prison? Keep it klassy, Fauxdiloks.

Steffy tells him that whatever happens, he's going to have to accept it and move on. Well, Sally isn't going to jail so that should make their seeing each other much easier.

Steffy: "You need to put Sally behind you." As if it's up to her.

At SP, Liam and Wyatt chat about their father marrying Brooke. However, Wyatt informs Liam that there's a critical piece of property Bill wants to get his hands on first.

CJ arrives (still no scarf) and that's when, despite Wyatt's efforts to practically push CJ out of the office, Liam finally learns where Daddy $ Bill wants to plant his skyscraper (right on top of the demolished SF). 

You can see by the way Liam's beady little eyes are twitching that the wheels are turning in Waffles' head.

CJ leaves, thinking he's got a done deal with Bill. I wouldn't be too sure about that, CJ.

Liam knows how much Bill wants SF out of business and recalls how Jarrett's nasty review set that in motion. He thinks the review was unethical given Jarrett works for SP. Unethical is just the tip of the iceberg.

An uneasy Wyatt tells Liam to drop it. 

At SF, Shirley is giddy and wanting to celebrate with champagne with Saul and Darlita looking on. Sally reminds her that they can't afford it and while relieved and grateful, she isn't exactly in a celebratory mood.

She tells them she's leaving Los Angeles (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!)

She asks to be left alone in her office.

She calls Thomas to say "thank you" and then tells him she's leaving LA. Thomas looks devastated.

She asks to see him one more time before she leaves town and he agrees. My money is on he keeps her from leaving.

At Il Giardino, Brooke places her hands lovingly on Bill's shoulder and looks Ridge straight in the eye.

Brooke: "Bill and I are getting married."

Ridge tries to get a moment alone with Brooke and Bill squashes that like a bug and Brooke remains firmly at his side.

Bill: "What did you do to her?" He shakes his head in disgust. "It must have been bad." 

They continue to present a united front and finally, Ridge leaves, but not before vowing he won't give up. You are pathetic and a liar and all those things TSwift sang about in "Mean."

Bill and Brooke sit back down to enjoy their lunch with Brooke gently advising them to make peace for her son's sake and they discuss RJ's softening toward Bill lately. But we have Bill's actions vis-a-vis Spectra, which includes Coco, so I see trouble ahead. Nothing they can't deal with but chickens will come home to roost on Bill's door.

Bill: "I'll teach RJ how to be a gentleman and truly commit to a woman." Gentleman is debatable but commitment is definitely in Bill's wheelhouse.

Speaking of chickens, Bill takes a call from Wyatt (with Brooke's blessing) and Wyatt fills him in that CJ stopped by and Liam was asking all sorts of questions. Bill is dismissive of Wyatt's concerns and the call is a quick one. 

He then turns his attention to planning their wedding but has the pesky little detail of concluding some important business first.

When Brooke presses him for details, he makes stallion noises and Brooke humors him. They are adorable here with Brooke shushing him and grabbing at his knee when he's including hoof noises as well. The gal playing one of the waitresses even cracks up and I wonder how many takes they needed to get through that without totally dissolving into laughter.

Bill is all smiles as he talks about how "everything is coming to Papa." 

He ticks off Brooke, closing the deal on the building, and thinks it must be good karma. Could the anvils BE any more obvious?

Bill-Brooke-lunch-BB-HW2-300x175.jpg

Brooke: "I don't think I've ever seen you so excited."

He tells her he has good reason to be excited because as soon as he closes his deal, they're getting "hitched."

Brooke: "I can't wait either."

She then asks about the deal and what makes it so unique.

They lean closer together across the table and Bill asks, "Can you keep a secret?"

Brooke: "My lips are sealed."

Bill reveals he's buying the SF building. 

Brooke wrinkles her nose adorably. "What? That thing? It's falling DOWN."

Bill agrees it's a piece of junk but shares that the property it sits on is "prime space" for his new building.

She lets him go on (again) about his phallic tower with its chrome, smoke-filled mirrors. 

Brooke: "And you do love your mirrors." Hee! She saucily dabs at her mouth with a silk napkin.

Bill: "Not as much as I love you."

Brooke: "Well, they're a close second." They share a laugh.

Bill tells her how this deal is for them, for their future. He talks about how Sally robbed her and how she came here to fulfill a fantasy but that that's not going to happen.

Bill: "It's too bad. I will have that property. It's going to be mine."

Brooke: "It's kind of sad, actually. It's the end of an era. The end of Spectra Fashions." And see, I would much rather have Brooke defect to SF (as has been suggested by several savvy posters) and take Sally under her wing and Bill look elsewhere for his tower so that Sally can give FC a run for their money. 

Bill: "And the beginning of us." I hope these aren't famous last words.

He says they'll get married right after and then leans across the table to kiss her.

Brill_5_8_17.thumb.jpg.3c8a42f01b58a866f0f3bc6c6119d8f0.jpg

Back at SP, Liam talks to Jarrett alone and wouldn't you know it? He spills the beans about Bill being the true author of the review.  Liam is PISSSED and, just as I predicted, his Captain Save-a-Ho complex is firing on all cylinders. Won't Steffy be pleased as punch about that? BWAHAHAHA.

bb-recap-582017.png

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

I know it's the right thing to do, blah blah blah but why does Liam care if Bill screwed over Sally?  Does Liam even know Sally?

It's Liam.

As Steffy so eloquently put it as she smashed his apartment after his marriage to Ivy, he can't help but run to a damsel in distress. Because that's what he does. 

Having said that, if this results in Steffy losing her shit when Liam brings put the truth and he doesn't end up with Sally as a result, I'll give him a pass.

5 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Steffy: "Oh, she's a user and a liar and a manipulator. I get it. It's totally hot. So hot." What the actual fuck? Steffy has the audacity to talk smack about Sally being a liar and a manipulator.

This being the woman who locked her own sister in a gondola to marry said sister's fiance and spent the following two years lying and scheming her way into Liam's pants.

And also, all the other unavailable men she threw herself at who never gave her the time of day.

Ok

• Love 8
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

I know it's the right thing to do, blah blah blah but why does Liam care if Bill screwed over Sally?  Does Liam even know Sally?

If Wyatt with the bad hair is Bill's loyal mirror image son, Liam is the flip of that and the good guy son that tries to be Bill's conscience. 

It also allows him entry into the Spectra story and puts him in conflict with Steffy so...story.

1 hour ago, Anna Yolei said:

As Steffy so eloquently put it as she smashed his apartment after his marriage to Ivy, he can't help but run to a damsel in distress. Because that's what he does. 

If Liam hadn't white knighted for her and dragged her ass out of the bathtub she'd be dead. Something for Steffy to remember.

Then again she's also probably remembering 'How you get a man is how you lose a man'; which actually does align with why she glommed onto Wyatt. Wyatt didn't treat her like a damsel and pushed her to 'be herself' which is more the true her but she also knows Liam drifts to the damsel and she didn't want to lose him (to Hope or Ivy)  so she kept playing that vulnerable game with him to keep him close.

Ain't nothing wrong with being a white knight. More people should act on what they see is wrong rather than observe from a distance and shrug and say 'that sucks'.  If the show were thinking they easily could spin it that Liam could be looking at this from a business image standpoint, that Bill sabotaged another company which makes him look like a big bad man weenie coming after an upstart strong independent woman for petty gain (aka the phallic Billscraper). If word got out, that *could* hurt Spencer Publications brand image among women which Wyatt supposedly was trying to improve with his Steffy brand ambassador campaign.  AND Bill's sabotage actually bit him in the ass since Forrester suffered as an ultimate consequence which he has an investment in. It's actually a great fire to fan into an inferno if they wanted to go there.

Still, the way I see it is while Bill did wrong to Sally and Co., their reaction is on them. Sally could've put the kibosh on the stolen designs and stayed true to herself. The fallout on that score is on her.

9 hours ago, MsTree said:

Ridge can't give up on Brooke yet because when she finds out that Bill's selfishness led him to write the negative review on Sally (which led to Sally's downfall), Brooke will be shocked and/or surprised, and go running back to Ridge. I hope I'm wrong, but their history tells me it's a definite possibility.

If Brooke dumps Bill for his role in the mean story about Spectra, but not after his treatment of RJ and Hope then I have no hope for her. The only legit reason I can see her dumping him is if he exposes Ridge and Quinn and it causes Eric a heart attack/stroke/death. She can then say that his malicious disregard for someone she cared about caused irreversible devastation and that is something she can't overlook.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, TobinAlbers said:

If Brooke dumps Bill for his role in the mean story about Spectra, but not after his treatment of RJ and Hope then I have no hope for her. The only legit reason I can see her dumping him is if he exposes Ridge and Quinn and it causes Eric a heart attack/stroke/death. She can then say that his malicious disregard for someone she cared about caused irreversible devastation and that is something she can't overlook.

Preach.

I like Brooke and Bill but I've a hard time forgetting how he tortured Hope.  And I've had a harder time accepting that Brooke would fall for a man who hurt her daughter so much.  Especially since Hope is a walking, talking reminder of what Brooke did to her own daughter.  So there is no reason for Brooke to give a single, solitary fuck about what Bill's done to Sally or Spectra.  It was before they became engaged, in fact she was still with Ridge at the time.  It shouldn't be a shock to find out how far Bill will go to get what he wants; that's part of the reason why Brooke is with Bill.

I'm hoping that the only reason that Bill is even part of the the Spectra story is to get Liam involved.  Anything that will cause Fauxdilox pain is fine by me.

• Love 6

I haven't posted here in months, and haven't followed the show that closely.  But I've been following enough to see these Spectras rise from the ashes.  I missed when Sally was introduced.  Did they explain where she and her sister and grandmother came from?  Have they been living in town all along and were just never mentioned (like many others... Felicia, Jake McClaine, etc that seem to be in town but just never seen).  Who are Sally's mother and father and how is that she has the last name Spectra if Original Sally's sister is a Spectra?

I can't imagine the show getting rid of these new cast members so soon, so I think it's fairly obvious that Bill is going to fund Spectra Fashions and rebrand it as "Spencer Designs".  He loves sticking it to the Forresters, even if his son is married to one.  Brooke Logan Spencer is going to become CEO of Spencer Designs.  And since Sally failed at her attempts as a designer, it's obvious they are going to hire Zzzzzzzzzzzzzende as Head Designer and Sally will work with him as a designer.  Because he's got vision!

The grandmother Shirley is just an awful caricature.  I get that she's supposed to be Original Sally's sister, but Darlene Conley managed to make the "loud overweight and obnoxious" character work.  Especially since she played against Susan Flannery.  This actress doesn't have anyone to play off of and she is just such a pale imitation.  I find her annoying.  I know she won't go anywhere, but I wish she would.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I haven't posted here in months, and haven't followed the show that closely.  But I've been following enough to see these Spectras rise from the ashes.  I missed when Sally was introduced.  Did they explain where she and her sister and grandmother came from?  Have they been living in town all along and were just never mentioned (like many others... Felicia, Jake McClaine, etc that seem to be in town but just never seen).  Who are Sally's mother and father and how is that she has the last name Spectra if Original Sally's sister is a Spectra?

I can't imagine the show getting rid of these new cast members so soon, so I think it's fairly obvious that Bill is going to fund Spectra Fashions and rebrand it as "Spencer Designs".  He loves sticking it to the Forresters, even if his son is married to one.  Brooke Logan Spencer is going to become CEO of Spencer Designs.  And since Sally failed at her attempts as a designer, it's obvious they are going to hire Zzzzzzzzzzzzzende as Head Designer and Sally will work with him as a designer.  Because he's got vision!

The grandmother Shirley is just an awful caricature.  I get that she's supposed to be Original Sally's sister, but Darlene Conley managed to make the "loud overweight and obnoxious" character work.  Especially since she played against Susan Flannery.  This actress doesn't have anyone to play off of and she is just such a pale imitation.  I find her annoying.  I know she won't go anywhere, but I wish she would.

Well, to answer a few of your questions (and maybe leave even more unanswered...):

We have no idea where Sally, Coco and Grams came from, where they lived before, or in fact, where they live now. We also don't know who Sally's parents are or if Shirley is her paternal or maternal grandmother.

What we DO know is this: Sally's parents were carnies who did some criminal things on the side (probably drug dealing) and eventually were "unable" to care for her and Coco (probable translation: they went to prison). After that, Sally and Coco were raised by Shirley. During that time, they supposedly had at least some contact with Sally Sr and Macy (who as far as we know was dead at the time, but whatever), who were kind to the sisters, and Sally Jr apparently admired her namesake greatly and wanted to be a designer because of her. They rented the building from CJ, so they obviously know him too. Of course, Original Sally never mentioned this part of her family - and after having seen Shirley in action, I don't blame her. Shirley is toxic.

I agree with you about Shirley - she is like a caricature of Original Sally, but with all the redeeming qualities cut out. I don't know if the writers actually believe they have created something that is reminiscent of the original, but in fact, the overall feel of Shirley's character couldn't be further from the original Spectra gang. There was more to Original Sally than her hair color and her clothes size. Original Sally had charm, wit, courage, and a heart of gold.

Sometimes I wonder if the current writers actually remember what made Sally and the original Spectra gang work in the first place. The dialogue they keep inserting about how "stealing is in the Spectra DNA" and "Forresters and Spectras don't mix" simply ignores everything that happened in the Spectra storyline after circa 1989. Not to mention, they are doing Original Sally a huge disservice by trying to imply that Shirley is following in her footsteps when she bullies her grandchildren into doing her dirty work for her, or when she cares more about the business being in trouble than the arrest of her granddaughter. Whatever else Original Sally may have been - she was a loving, devoted and very protective mother. She would never have pushed Macy or CJ into committing crimes, or told them they were not "good enough".

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, blackwing said:

We don't know where Sally Jr & em are from, but wherever they're from, they're not from LA/California.  Coco "flew out" to do the Forrester internship and Sally is talking about flying back to where she came from.  However, apparently Sally & Coco were known & close to Sally Sr, Macy & CJ.

Sally & Coco's last name could be Spectra if Shirley never married & Shirley's daughter & Sally/Coco's father never married.

Zende coloring on Fashion Plates does not make him a designer.  If he had been shown to be having an interest in design before last week, I could see him getting miffed at being turned down by Thomas & Steffy.

Sally Spectra was dirty but had a heart of gold.  She never would've forced Macy or CJ to get dirty.  If Macy & CJ got dirty, it was of their own accord, not because Sally forced them to.  That's kind of how Macy was introduced, she was Sally's daughter who went away to college who was polished & poised & clean, everything Sally was not.  Sally also wanted the approval of people like the Forresters...that's how she can play off of Stephanie because she desperately wanted the approval of Stephanie (just like Brooke).

SHIRLEY is dirty and raised her daughter* dirty and is encouraging her granddaughters to be dirty.  She doesn't want the approval of the Forresters because she knows she'll never get the approval of the Forresters.  So there's no one for Shirley to play off of.  The only Forrester she would be trying to get the approval of might be Eric or Ridge.  Eric is generally a kind person so there wouldn't be any feud there.  The only Forrester Shirley could really feud with would be Ridge, unless they have Brooke step into the Stephanie role which wouldn't work.

*Wouldn't it be a trip if they brought back Bobbie Eakes to play Shirley's daughter? LOL

• Love 10