Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I think it is beyond ridiculous that both PF and RE (Nicole? Really?) have pre-noms and KM got overlooked. What did PF do besides be creepy and rapey? Nicole may as well have faded into the wallpaper, that's how compelling her performance has been.

Although Maya the character can sometimes grate on my last nerve, KM did a helluva job this year and deserves to be nominated. 

• Love 10

I want to support Sasha, at least WRT Daddy Dearest, but her letting her bitch flag unfurl just a touch in today's episode definitely harshed the buzz.  (OTOH, I'm seriously wondering if Julius's "You got me there" in this ep was an ad-lib of Obba Babatunde's.  Felisha Cooper's reaction seemed genuinely amused.)  And it didn't help that Sasha had apparently stolen at least one of Nicole's boyfriends long before either of them ever got to Bell-A.  OTOH, the young-adult crowd is actually vixen-free at the moment...and they're blowing their potential new vixen on Zende.  Where's Thomas at?  He needs a tall drink of crazy.

Spending the day with Nicole, Sasha, and Zende made me realize how much I miss Liam, Wyatt, and Steffy.

The thing with Zende and Nicozzzzz...sorry, where was I?...right, the thing with them is that they're not good or bad.  They're just dull, which might actually be worse.  Sasha might theoretically be the thing to give them a jolt, but it just as easily might still turn out to be the equivalent of swimming upstream and suck horrendously in the end.

• Love 6

Nicole saying she was as big as a house was a huge insult to houses everywhere!  She needs some of Caroline's stuffing but at least she is not rubbing the bump!  And she is smart enough to carry the baby but not smart enough to take her vitamins ON SCHEDULE DING DING DING!  Oh the BS is over the top today!

• Love 5

!  And she is smart enough to carry the baby but not smart enough to take her vitamins ON SCHEDULE DING DING DING!  Oh the BS is over the top today!

Uh, 'cuz she's like only 18 or 19?

I'm ready to unfurl the "we was robbed" banner, but not for Sasha. ITA that it's a crime that KM didn't receive any type of Emmy nomination. At least Ashlyn Pearce is up against RE (WHY?) and AB (again, nothing substantial here.) At least HT didn't get nominated again, but wait, that's already in the works for next year. I see a slobbering drunk stand coming up. Hell, Katie already started today with throwing back the scotch in the middle of the afternoon.

I'd say leave the dullards -- Zende and Nicole -- together. Let's have Sasha set her sights on Wyatt. She hasn't been tainted by Liam yet and I'd love to see her to head-to-head with Steffy.

• Love 3

Maybe, he's playing Brooke's old boyfriend, Dave. He was a cop. I think he fits the role of blue collar guy versus someone in the fashion or magazine business. He looks good in blue jeans, t-shirt and scruff. That said, I'm sure Brad Bell will make him work with the Scooby Doo Gang of Liam, Steffy, Wyat & Ivy. <eyes roll>

Edited by ByaNose

Maybe, he's playing Brooke's old boyfriend, Dave. He was a cop. I think he fits the role of blue color guy versus someone in the fashion or magazine business. He looks good in blue jeans, t-shirt and scruff. That said, I'm sure Brad Bell will make him work with the Scooby Doo Gang of Liam, Steffy, Wyat & Ivy. <eyes roll>

After watching the early episodes, I'd love for TPTB to revisit that couple? I mean, what else can they do with Brooke? Ridge is a wash until and unless Ronn Moss or a third recast is found, no one buys into Bill's love that never died, and every other major player in Brooke's romantic history is gone. I guess Liam could imprint on Brooke, giving the inevitable recast Hope some drama, but TPTB blew that wad with Oliver.
  • Love 2
Bill C., on 02 Feb 2016 - 5:22 PM, said:Bill C., on 02 Feb 2016 - 5:22 PM, said:Bill C., on 02 Feb 2016 - 5:22 PM, said:

I want to support Sasha, at least WRT Daddy Dearest, but her letting her bitch flag unfurl just a touch in today's episode definitely harshed the buzz.  (OTOH, I'm seriously wondering if Julius's "You got me there" in this ep was an ad-lib of Obba Babatunde's.  Felisha Cooper's reaction seemed genuinely amused.)  And it didn't help that Sasha had apparently stolen at least one of Nicole's boyfriends long before either of them ever got to Bell-A.  OTOH, the young-adult crowd is actually vixen-free at the moment...and they're blowing their potential new vixen on Zende.  Where's Thomas at?  He needs a tall drink of crazy.

I'm okay with Sasha plaguing the morally bankrupt Julius. He knows he's in the wrong, but doesn't have the fortitude to be honest about it. Sasha enjoys laughing at his empty threats and feet of clay, while she grasps for the brass ring at Forrester Creations

Trying to sweep her parentage under the rug has created Sasha's resentment, and Julius's constant source of emotional and economic instability. It's possible all Julius pontificating and moral probity early in his character's introduction, has been a cover for trying to support two families (giving a stipend to Sasha's mother) and the pressure caused him to lose his job in Illinois. He continued to play his moral leadership role as Head of the SAvant Family, even though the family's circumstances were becoming depressed. Nicole leaves home to join Maya in Los Angeles, when Myron's sex change was splashed all over the press, and it becomes too much dishonor to the family name and social upheaval for a man like Julius to tolerate. He must rescue his youngest child from the moral abyss of what Myron has turned himself into on the Left Coast and return Nicole to the normalcy that is the Mid-West; it also gives him respite to escape his monetary and personal troubles at home.

With the entire SAvant clan relocated to LA, hat in hand, Julius surely thought he had ducked a bullet leaving Sasha behind in Illinois; but like all buried troubles they have a habit of resurfacing when you least need them. 

The teen-scene's potential vixen, the scheming Nicole, was rewritten softening her sharp elbows and ambitious edge, turning her into a dreary hormonal incubator for Maya and Rick to complete their santimonious marriage.

Sasha's parental indignation and career ambition is a better fit as the teen-scene virago -- and she's a measurably better actress than the vacant Reign Edwards, though hooking her up with boring Zende is a waste, it will a temporary liaison. Having Sasha wend her way around Thomas is a possibility -- Two troublesome kiddies with Daddy Issues boinking inconsolably -- But Thomas needs to be 86'd from the "tall drink" bar. He's plenty crazy without bellying back up to the bar on another binge.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 8

Yes, Julius is a complete asshole and I have no idea why Sasha hasn't outed him.

After Nicole's pique of insecurity and jealousy, outing Julius could be a strategic mistake right now. Until she makes herself an indispensable Forrester Creations marketing mannequin, Sasha has nothing to fall back on. Exposing Julius would give the entire SAvant clan the juice to lobby against her, and she'd be back out of the modeling job at FC, back to flipping burgers.

Sasha doesn't have to do a thing and she can have everything she wants from not outing Julius. 

His empty threats fall on deaf ears, and Julius is too much of a coward to tell the truth. He's certain he will lose Vivienne to the truth, but it's also about Julius losing face, his vanity and ego further tarnished. His pride has taken several hits; losing his last job, the Myron/Maya hoopla, Nicole openly refusing to obey his parental orders and the artificial insemination of a grandchild incubating in Nicole, no one adhering to his sage advice, leaving Illinois and living in a motel room, living hand to mouth, Sasha's regular reminders she's his child when he tries to kick her to the curb. Julius keeps painting himself into a corner, and he doesn't dare take a step one way or the other.

Sasha laughing at Julius bloviating white noise for her to make tracks is amusing, and she's enjoying herself by needling him every time he tries to give her the heave-ho.

• Love 6

Maybe, he's playing Brooke's old boyfriend, Dave. He was a cop. I think he fits the role of blue collar guy versus someone in the fashion or magazine business. He looks good in blue jeans, t-shirt and scruff. That said, I'm sure Brad Bell will make him work with the Scooby Doo Gang of Liam, Steffy, Wyat & Ivy. <eyes roll>

I would love it if Detective Hardon came on as as Detective Dave. He could interrogate me anytime.

Let Katie keep Bill, who, with letting Brooke take all the blame (thus far), has made me decide he's not good enough for Brooke (he'll do for Katie who has always sniffed after Brooke's leftovers). Yes, I'm a fickle gal. I'm also laughing at the thought of Katie throwing drinks back. She is a truly thirsty, desperate woman. Not only has she gone after every man that Brooke has ever been with since her return years back (and yes, I'm including Bill since she all too willingly took him back - twice - after he had been with Brooke), now she's emulating Brooke's fall off the wagon.

She is pathetic. 

• Love 5

These daily Detective Hardon gifs are killing me. I'm swooning over here.

and she's a measurably better actress than the vacant Reign Edwards

Sigh, unfortunately I must beg to differ. I think she's just as bad an actress but she's more animated with it. Her scenes with veterans like Obba Babatundé really highlight how weak, IMO, she is. Her style comes across to me like those high school drama club kids who are still too self-conscious about having people watch them perform. It's all, "Look at me! I'm ACTING!"

• Love 4

I agree with you on this. ^ I don't see Sasha's acting better than Nicole's, she's just animated and less flat. IMHO that doesn't mean she's stronger because I still feel her performing unlike with others who I just see the characters.

• Love 4

I agree with you on this. ^ I don't see Sasha's acting better than Nicole's, she's just animated and less flat. IMHO that doesn't mean she's stronger because I still feel her performing unlike with others who I just see the characters.

I agree also, she's bad, just a different kind of bad.

I don't understand how Sasha and Nicole are friends. Sasha admits to going after Nicole's boyfriends (present one included), Nicole goes behind Sasha's back to get her fired. Exactly how, and why, do these two consider themselves the other's "best friend"?

• Love 7

I agree also, she's bad, just a different kind of bad.

I don't understand how Sasha and Nicole are friends. Sasha admits to going after Nicole's boyfriends (present one included), Nicole goes behind Sasha's back to get her fired. Exactly how, and why, do these two consider themselves the other's "best friend"?

But, but ... it's that deep unconscious (soon to be blown out of the water) familial tug of "sisterhood." 

• Love 6

Spending the day with Nicole, Sahsa, and Zende made me realize how much I miss Liam, Wyatt, and Steffy.

I had actually for the first time in weeks planned to watch the recording so I could see the scenes with Sasha and Julius, but I got home to find that for some bizarre reason it was dubbed in Spanish and me no habla so I just deleted. A sign from the soap gods?

• Love 5

Can somebody explain to my why Nicole and Zende have to "wait"?  So ridiculous!!  People have sex while pregnant all of the time.  Maybe I'm missing something here, or I missed a show somewhere along the way where it was explained.  At this point, Zende does not seem to be turned off by her - quite the opposite judging from his behavior on yesterday's show.  Someone please enlighten me.

• Love 4

Nicole is actually a virgin, surrogacy aside.  She and Zende sortakinda tried to rectify that a few weeks back, but that attempt almost literally and visibly withered and died; after that, AIUI, was when they decided to wait.

• Love 2

In that regard, yeah, Zencole has been consistently cockblocked for a while now.  And that is how Sasha will get Zende--the boy's got needs, and as per today's episode she's totally fine with going full skank to satisfy them.  (And I'm morbidly curious as to what kind of expression SD Vanessa Williams, er, Nicole will bust out for that.)

• Love 4

Actually Show never addressed Nicole's age or her sexual history. We know she's old enough to drink (spec) since she was downing margaritas and champagne with Chickenhead and she was seen drinking in front of her parents and Papa Avant's head didn't explode.

• Love 3

He's too young to play Brooke's ex-boyfriend.

Is Katie going to Forrester to berate Brooke some more and overhear Bill and Brooke? POD is standing by!

• Love 4

As usual, we are subject to rehashing the woes of Katie and Brooke with Bill thinking he's in a win win situation.

Eric, how can you say that Brooke won't do anything to jeopardize Katie's marriage? She already did by telling Bill he was her greatest love. Katie, I guess was just to forget and forgive once again.

Maya, you are such a bitch to keep reminding Nicole that Sasha and Zende are working together. Eric, the old fool, really doesn't know any better than to chime in, after viewing the pictures, that Sasha and Zende really bring something out in each other. But, let's go to dinner to celebrate the baby is just the cherry on top.

I just love how Maya turns into an entitled bitch after coming to LA and than its Nicole's turn to become an entitled bitch so why can't Sasha become one if she so chooses? You go Sasha, peal youself a piece of Zende, after all you are an Avant.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 8

Didn't Nicole insinuate at one point that she is indeed a virgin? Whatever, I think the problem is mainly that she doesn't feel sexy in her current form. Plus she's likely got romantic notions of how the first time should be "perfect" and doing it with a baby on board doesn't fit her fantasy.

In any case, I think she's likely to be disappointed because this is a guy who took her on their one and only date all the way to...the kitchen. And then he was gonna pop her cherry in his bedroom where yet again, he'd get to enjoy Nicole with almost the least possible effort or expense. I hope Nicole wakes up and realizes that although Zende's a Forester, he's beneath her.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 6
Joimiaroxeu, on 03 Feb 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:Joimiaroxeu, on 03 Feb 2016 - 08:45 AM, said:

Sigh, unfortunately I must beg to differ. I think she's just as bad an actress but she's more animated with it. Her scenes with veterans like Obba Babatundé really highlight how weak, IMO, she is. Her style comes across to me like those high school drama club kids who are still too self-conscious about having people watch them perform. It's all, "Look at me! I'm ACTING!"

Sorry about that ... When I say "measurably better," I'm talking about 1 inch increments. Not Shakespearian, but not paint drying by Zende and Nicole. 

Felisha Cooper gets a major assist in scenes with Obba Babatundé. He lets her play broadly, scoffing and putting on the big sneer, while he deftly leads her through their scenes. 

When she's in scenes with Zende, he emotes after he recites his dialog. He gives her nothing and FC is on her own -- It doesn't always pan out, but she is trying. I'm not looking forward to Sasha dragging Zende into seductive sexxxy times. He doesn't appear to be entirely comfortable with the female form, no matter how tightly he closes his eyes.

RE looks like she's trying to remember what she's supposed to say next -- eyes a little distant and static body language. Nicole warms up with Maya and Rick carrying her through scenes, but she's no help to another neophyte.

The three of them together is painful.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 10

Can somebody explain to my why Nicole and Zende have to "wait"?  So ridiculous!!  People have sex while pregnant all of the time.  Maybe I'm missing something here, or I missed a show somewhere along the way where it was explained. 

Because Nicole has been tainted with the seed of another man!  Whether or not Nicole's a virgin is beside the point. Maya would have an absolute fit if Nicole had "relations" while carrying the child.  She probably locks Nicole in her room at night. Otherwise, you can't tell me that an amorous young couple living under the same roof hasn't snuck around (or at least tried to) late at night for some lovin'! Oh, silly me.  I forgot. The Forrester mansion only has three bedrooms. Never mind.

At the rate that these stories progress, I'd say that Nicole will return home from dinner, find Sasha and Zende in bed, then go into premature labor. Not that I advocate cheating, but watching Sasha and Zende sneak around for at least a few weeks (sort of like Brooke and Deacon back in the day) would be way more exciting to watch than this dreck. Of course, that trio of dullards couldn't hold a spark to Brooke/Deacon/Bridget. The actress playing Sasha is also dreadful.

Katie's descent into madness this time around is more like a free fall. It's barely been 24 hours since the big POD reveal and she's drinking and having flashbacks. I predict by Friday she'll be falling down drunk and something will happen to jeopardize Will, which will send Bill and Brooke running.

Speaking of Will, what a cutie! And he can say his lines. How old is he, anyway? I'm thinking, 3-ish?

And speaking of Brooke, I loved her hair in that photo Katie kept looking at; the one with Brooke wearing the red dress. That's a great color and length for her. It's still long enough to be versatile and it's modern. Those overly-long, limp yellow locks are so dated and aging on KKL.

Edited by grisgris
  • Love 6

Nicole is actually a virgin, surrogacy aside.  

Not to put too fine a point on it; physical virginity is coin of the realm for females in patriarchal cultures.

The speculum crossed the finish line first, and the much desired Forrester/Avant baby will come in second. Zende hitting it in third place will be a long-awaited defeat. Zende missed his hymen collection window by not staying forthright against the surrogacy.

• Love 1

I just love how Maya turns into an entitled bitch after coming to LA and than its Nicole's turn to become an entitled bitch so why can't Sasha become one if she so chooses?

This just made me giggle...I'm imagining stepping off the plane at LAX, where you then get sprinkled with "entitled bitch" dust if your stay is to be an extended one :)

What a dreadfully dull, dull (did I mention dull?) episode.  It's sad when you're looking forward to Steffy/Liam/Wyatt.

• Love 8
He doesn't appear to be entirely comfortable with the female form, no matter how tightly he closes his eyes.

Pshht, he can just lie back and think of Carter.

Not to put too fine a point on it; physical virginity is coin of the realm for females in patriarchal cultures.

Well, yeah, the cultures where females have to be physically examined to confirm the presence of an intact membrane before the marriage. Or the ones where physical evidence of the breaking has to be shown to various interested parties after the wedding night consummation. Or the ones where girls/women aren't allowed to ride horses or do certain kinds of gymnastics. The Forresters and Avants don't appear to be among those kinds of cultures. (For the most part anyway; Mr Avant did try to rile up Zende by saying that Nicole would be "all stretched out" afterward. Yikes.)

AFAIC, even if Nicole has a normal delivery (versus a C-section), she'll still be a virgin because she hasn't had PIV sex. B&B better not even try to walk some kind of fine, fundamentalist line after all the ridiculous liberties they took to make this surrogacy storyline happen. There's way bigger b.s. involved here than whether Nicole is/will be technically a virgin or not. IMO, of course.

• Love 3

I can hear Katie's heartbeat. Which means she's gonna have another heart attack, right? She's been hysterical for the past week which one week too long. STFU Katie! You knew your sister was the slut from the valley. LOL!!

• Love 2

Eric, how can you say that Brooke won't do anything to jeopardize Katie's marriage? She already did by telling Bill he was her greatest love. Katie, I guess was just to forget and forgive once again.

Eric has been very solicitous to Brooke, especially after Stephanie went to the Big Soap Box In the Sky. The last time Eric told Brooke she was out of line and he couldn't support her decision was when she begged him to claim the $Bill pregnancy as his own. Otherwise Eric soft pedals and excuses Brooke's behavior -- Everything is blue skies and her naysayers are being unfair --  rarely holding her responsible for what she's done this time. 

I keep wondering how long $Bill can avoid his own culpability in encouraging Brooke's The Greatest Love nonsense, his waking fantasy life avidly grappling with Brooke and letting Katie continue her diatribe. Why would $Bill be so invested in Brooke working at Spencer Publication? Is he genuine in wanting Katie and Brooke to reconcile or is it a simple case of Bow Chicka Wow Wow for the Stallion?

• Love 5

Well, yeah, the cultures where females have to be physically examined to confirm the presence of an intact membrane before the marriage. Or the ones where physical evidence of the breaking has to be shown to various interested parties after the wedding night consummation. Or the ones where girls/women aren't allowed to ride horses or do certain kinds of gymnastics. The Forresters and Avants don't appear to be among those kinds of cultures. (For the most part anyway; Mr Avant did try to rile up Zende by saying that Nicole would be "all stretched out" afterward. Yikes.)

I work almost exclusively with men (20 - 48), and you would not be encouraged by the antiquated attitudes they harbor about women.

With B&B exploring the world of being a surrogate and the world of being transgendered, than why doesn't B&B explore the world of polyamory and let Bill, Katie, and Brooke cohabitate. Just a thought.

• Love 6

Okay I'm back and I see Brooke is back to her trampy ways. What I find fascinating (read revolting) is that Brooke is sorriest of all that Katie heard, not that she opened her big mouth like a Preying Mantis to eat off the head of her intended mate. That woman is truly unbelievable in the worst way.

I like this new Sasha girl, she's got spirit although I tend to think she's doing all the heavy lifting in her scenes with Zende. Quinn and Liam? I ship it! Shipping Wyatt and Steffy too, there's something organic and fresh about their chemistry that doesn't come off in their relationships with other people. This show is getting interesting again.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 6

I'm also laughing at the thought of Katie throwing drinks back. She is a truly thirsty, desperate woman. Not only has she gone after every man that Brooke has ever been with since her return years back (and yes, I'm including Bill since she all too willingly took him back - twice - after he had been with Brooke), now she's emulating Brooke's fall off the wagon.

She is pathetic.

Let's give Katie some credit here--she hasn't gone after Eric yet! :p

...I didn't even realize it, but this is true!

• Love 4

Let's give Katie some credit here--she hasn't gone after Eric yet! :p

...I didn't even realize it, but this is true!

Give her time.

Also, I had to LOL when she was boo-hooing to Stormy's picture. I'm surprised he didn't roll his eyes and say, I committed suicide for this? Quit pimping out my heart,already, you ungrateful brat!

• Love 4

With B&B exploring the world of being a surrogate and the world of being transgendered, than why doesn't B&B explore the world of polyamory and let Bill, Katie, and Brooke cohabitate. Just a thought.

I'm on board with this if it's done right. Bell would gain a new audience. Most of his characters are unethically non-monogamous already. They just do it the dirty way and hurt people. It would be nice to see ethical non-monogamy (poly, open relationships, and anything that falls under the umbrella).

Unfortunately, Bill is the lowest of low for allowing Brooke to take the wrap and allowing her to be the lone party in this betrayal. Meanwhile, he's essentially saying he settled for Katie, but she didn't hear him bearing his soul. All the drinking and flashbacks are too much. She's knocking them back like it's nothing

I love how just about every storyline going is because of miscommunication and misconception.

• Love 5

So is Katie getting the alcohol story that Brooke barely had?

Wouldn't thst be the best irony? Katie's nagging Bill for his nightly glass of whiskey pushed him to Brooke, which pushes her towards drinking. And I thought Bill Bell was a hack who couldn't be subtle!

Okay, Bell is a hack who wouldn't have a job were not for his daddy, but this is unintentional genius. And much like Steffy has had no realization of the pain she put Hope through despite everything that's happened since her return, I don't Katie will become any more sympathetic either. True alcoholism, like PPD, is an illness that needs yreatment, not nagging.

Yes. I think the writers pass that story around to see which actress does the best with it. Macy, Taylor, Brooke, and now, Katie.

Did I miss anybody?

And always, always over a man. Taylor didn't even hit the bottle after her daughter died, but because Ridge did the same waffling BS he'd been pulling her entire adult life OH NOES time for the sauce! Lol, no.

Also, I'm no doctor, but I'm sure drinking that much can't be good for her heart or conflicts with some of the anti-rejection meds she's on, no?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 6

Okay I'm back and I see Brooke is back to her trampy ways. What I find fascinating (read revolting) is that Brooke is sorriest of all that Katie heard, not that she opened her big mouth like a Preying Mantis to eat off the head of her intended mate. That woman is truly unbelievable in the worst way.

I like this new Sasha girl, she's got spirit although I tend to think she's doing all the heavy lifting in her scenes with Zende. Quinn and Liam? I ship it! Shipping Wyatt and Steffy too, there's something organic and fresh about their chemistry that doesn't come off in their relationships with other people. This show is getting interesting again.

I agree with your second paragraph, but not your first. Brooke spent the better part of yesterday regretting not only that Katie heard what she had said, but that she hadn't kept her mouth shut in the first place. Edited by Snaporaz
  • Love 4

Geeze, this show moves at a glacial pace.  I go away on a cruise for 12 days and come back home and the stories haven't moved one stinking bit.  Liam is still woozy, Quinn is still holding Liam "hostage", Sasha is trolling Zende, Brooke's golden cooter is still out trolling Bill, Wyatt is still trolling the Bratz doll.  How freaking boring !!!!!!!!   I say, move the hell on and start writing new stories. 

Edited by KLovestoShop
  • Love 4