Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Yes, the clothes JMW has been wearing are like 1980's Joan Collins power-dressing suits, dark, shoulder-padded, droopy. They convey the same leaden quality as the too-long heavy hair and makeup, far from what Ivy's style communicates. If I were looking for "fun!" as visible in someone's clothes, I'd be looking for lightness and spontaneity like Ivy's, and for work appropriate but young, despite finding her annoying, KM's clothes often have charm and style.

• Love 3

I can almost hand-wave Ivy and Quinn's budding friendship because they have good chemistry together (Quinn pushed Ivy into the Seine! NEVAH FORGET!!). Almost. I like Quinn (and hooray! Deacon was back on air). I like Ivy (which was not always my opinion). I am sad to see TIIC make Ivy lose all of her dignity over such a flip-floppy, wishy-washy, ping-ponging, waffling, triflin' idiot. This kind of surprises me because I liked Liam for a long time. (be kind. I started watching just as Liam/Hope/Wyatt was happening. I came for TK and stayed for the Waffles). I am saddened that Ivy would settle for so damn little.

• Love 9

So, so happy to see Deacon back again and LOL when he called Quinn out on being nice to Ivy, like, girl, I know you, don't play me.

I just love them together and it's clear SK and RS enjoy working with each other.

Ivy - don't you know by now that all  you have to do to ensure Liam is your's is (1) tell him the truth and (2) dump his ass. He cannot stand being dumped and will forget all about Steffy to chase after you to prove his wuv.

• Love 11
(edited)

What the women that do catch Liam don't seem to understand is that you cannot build a life with someone who is always lookincg for an escape hatch

Sheer bloody brilliance!!!

But what bugs me is that the heavy make-up and two tone hair does her no favors.

THIS. I would love to see Steffy without three inches of makeup caking her face.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 6

I just love them together and it's clear SK and RS enjoy working with each other.

I love them together but I seriously wish they would write them a story FOR them.  This Hope 2.0 nonsense is just not interesting and since the scenes yesterday seem kind of throwaway I think Deacon will disappear again until July. 

• Love 5

KM's clothes often have charm and style.

Do you mean Karla Mosley or Kim Matula? Either way, I do like the way they both dress for the most part.

So, so happy to see Deacon back again and LOL when he called Quinn out on being nice to Ivy, like, girl, I know you, don't play me.

I never liked either of these characters, but I think the show struck gold putting them together.  Dare I say, I actually look forward to when they're on.

• Love 4

THIS. I would love to see Steffy without three inches of makeup caking her face.

Over in the media thread, there's a couple of pics of JMW at an award show with toned down makeup and her hair back. She looks frigging great!

• Love 4

CountryGirl, on 24 Jun 2015 - 07:29 AM, said:

ByTor quote

I never liked either of these characters, but I think the show struck gold putting them together.  Dare I say, I actually look forward to when they're on.

It was the only interesting thing that happened in Tuesday's episode.

SK looked great with the haircut and weight loss.

• Love 6
I would love to see Steffy without three inches of makeup caking her face.

Ditto. I wish someone would tell her that what she's doing is making her look a lot older. Unless that's what she's going for, it just doesn't make sense, IMO.

Yeah, it seems both SK and TK have slimmed down. I noticed DD looking more svelte too yesterday. Good on 'em.

• Love 4

I would love to see Steffy without three inches of makeup caking her face.

Joimiaroxeu quote

Ditto. I wish someone would tell her that what she's doing is making her look a lot older. Unless that's what she's going for, it just doesn't make sense, IMO.

The only reason an actor would wear such heavy pancake makeup in these days of high-definition television is to cover something up.

• Love 4
(edited)

Bad news guys, I went to The Bold and the Beautiful CBS youtube page to grab some bonus clips for tessaray and noticed that someone seemed to take them all down. Even yesterday's bonus clip with Deacon and Quinn is unavailable. I'm not sure if they're doing a restructuring of the page or what but I won't be posting any bonus clips until they figure it out I guess.  :(

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4

I don't know how many posters watch Big Brother but this episode is a great lead into tonight's premiere with Maya's return. Transgender is the topic today on The Bold and the Beautiful and it also going to be discussed on tonight's Big Brother according to reports.

I saw that coming from a mile away that Rick is going to be a condition for her return. If she insists that Rick is reinstated to CEO, I hope that is the deal breaker for Ridge. I was very surprised that Aly wasn't there to make the martinis. At least Ridge still has some respect for Eric to listen to his suggestions where Rick really don't give a shit about Eric and is only interested in what Eric can do for him.

• Love 4
(edited)

TIIC need to put their money where the mouth is and hire an actual transgender model. Then Ridge could hire her to be the lead model.

BTW, Rick looks stupid with that shaved around haircut and full beard.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 4
(edited)

At one point during the Rick-Maya conversation, I thought we were going to get a Waffles-Steffy flashback montage.  Sorry, PTSD.

Cha cha ch--- AHHHHHH AHHHHH  

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

I don't know how many posters watch Big Brother but this episode is a great lead into tonight's premiere with Maya's return. Transgender is the topic today on The Bold and the Beautiful and it also going to be discussed on tonight's Big Brother according to reports.

Plus, just to doubly-reinforce that "Big Brother" is premiering tonight, they had Zach make a random appearance.

Today was a good episode, with Caroline's welcome back party, and her doing what a lot of us have been suggesting she do, and making the comparison between Maya being transgender to her having two moms (while not defending her bad actions, she was still understanding). It was also good seeing Raya back. I'm anxious to see what Ridge will do in regards to her demands that Rick go back, too. I could see Ridge acknowledging that Rick is a valuable employee, just not an effective leader, thus offering him head of creative marketing or something made-up like that. Plus, no Liam/Steffy/Wyatt/Ivy drama today. Win, win, win!

• Love 4

Bad news guys, I went to The Bold and the Beautiful CBS youtube page to grab some bonus clips for tessaray and noticed that someone seemed to take them all down. Even yesterday's bonus clip with Deacon and Quinn is unavailable. I'm not sure if they're doing a restructuring of the page or what but I won't be posting any bonus clips until they figure it out I guess.  :(

I love the bonus clips... and appreciate you posting the links.  Pretty sure I'm not the only one who hopes they get it fixed. :-) 

• Love 5

"It's not like Maya did anything wrong or hurt anybody." Say what now? She instigated the ugly public destruction of Rick and Caroline's marriage, largely for her own benefit. She threatened people's jobs if they didn't kowtow to her and Rick. She sat by and gave her tacit approval to Rick's despicable treatment of Aly and Ivy. Yeah, okay, the writers want to wipe the slate clean and pretend like none of that stuff happened but some of us remember. On with the show.

• Love 20

So Maya raves that Rick was the best CEO Forrester ever had (because we all know Maya studied and memorized the history of Forrester CEOs), and Rick tells her that's why he needs her, she builds him up (or whatever lame phrase he used).  He doesn't say he needs her because of who she is, but because she lifts his ego?  Maya, if you have any self respect, run, don't walk, away!

• Love 8

"It's not like Maya did anything wrong or hurt anybody." Say what now? She instigated the ugly public destruction of Rick and Caroline's marriage, largely for her own benefit. She threatened people's jobs if they didn't kowtow to her and Rick. She sat by and gave her tacit approval to Rick's despicable treatment of Aly and Ivy. Yeah, okay, the writers want to wipe the slate clean and pretend like none of that stuff happened but some of us remember. On with the show.

Well, she is now St. Maya the Transgender Icon. Dislike her and you are a transphobic bigot.

• Love 19

So Maya raves that Rick was the best CEO Forrester ever had (because we all know Maya studied and memorized the history of Forrester CEOs), and Rick tells her that's why he needs her, she builds him up (or whatever lame phrase he used).  He doesn't say he needs her because of who she is, but because she lifts his ego?

Every single conversation these two have is exactly like this! They bore me but still I'd rather ff through their scenes than ff through Liam and whatever triangle he has going on.

Why DOES she have to be lead model when she's clearly not lead model material and has limited experience? I don't get it.

Because she's transgendered it makes her perfect lead model material. None of that other pesky stuff matters at all.

• Love 7
(edited)

Well KM is gorgeous to me, I'd be happy to have her "flaws" frankly. That episode was legit. Welcome back Raya and I've said it before but I'll say it again (previews) I just adore Quinn. I'm one happy B&Ber.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 9

Well KM is gorgeous to me, I'd be happy to have her "flaws" frankly. That episode was legit. Welcome back Raya and I've said it before but I'll say it again (previews) I just adore Quinn. I'm one happy B&Ber.

Agree with your entire post slayer2. Love me some Raya, but still able to poke fun at them. And KM is gorgeous to me also

• Love 4

So Eric got over Ridge becoming CEO really quick. 

Eric's making the best of a less than optimum situation. What else can he do? He's been disenfranchised from his company, and all he can do is recommend or meddle from the fringes. 

• Love 3

I actually enjoyed seeing Raya - such a breath of fresh air from the Flip Flop Chronicles. I thought Rick was teasing/TIC with his "stroke my ego" comment as you could see the laughter in his eyes.

Eric sure did get over the takeover and Ridge being CEO - although Eric originally named Ridge as CEO before he found out about CaRidge, so I'm thinking while he didn't like how things went down, he got the result he wanted and kept his hands clean. Win-win for him.

• Love 2

I just wish Maya and Rick would have a normal conversation without all the 'you are the bestest  most generous most supportive CEO in the history of the world' and 'you are the bestest most generous most supportive woman in the history of the world'.

They've had the same conversation for 6-8 months now and I'm tired of it.

• Love 13
(edited)

Just getting caught up on the past few weeks and all I can say is OH.MY.GOD! There really isn’t much I can add after reading the delicious snark from my fellow posters, but I do have a few thoughts.

Liam/Ivy/Wyatt/Steffy – What is the deal man? The only one who is being genuine in this royal mess is Ivy. I know, I know, she hasn’t told Liam the truth about the whole deportation business, but I am willing to give her a pass on that, because I do believe she loves Liam, and I also believe she is about a thousand times better for him than Steffy. I really don’t get Steffy’s overreaction. Liam never came out and actually said he would be getting back together with her, only intimated it by saying he would talk to Ivy. And come on Steffy, this is Liam we are talking about; a guy who loves which ever woman is standing in front of him at the given moment. I mean, didn’t he see Hope off to parts unknown? Didn’t he declare his undying love for her as she was beamed up? And this after declaring his love for Ivy in Amsterdam. Now, he suddenly realizes it was Steffy all along. I call a big, reeking pile of phooey on that because just a few short months ago Steffy tried to pry Liam from Ivy with her Forrester Creation shares, and he turned her down flat based on his great love for Ivy. And wasn’t the whole take over plan based on Liam wanting to rescue Ivy from Rick’s clutches. Now, for some unseen reason, Liam only “cares” about Ivy, but is in deep and abiding love with Steffy? I am so confused. And the only thing that keeps reverberating in my brain is Metallica’s “Whiplash”.

I think Wyatt is in this thing only to bug his bro. Wyatt is starting to feel like the Spencer castoff, and like maybe he isn’t getting his fair share. I still like Wyatt, but I would love to see him with someone who would bring out the good in him.

Renaming Liam – I am not sure there is one universal moniker for this character. He is coming off as the female lead in a Harlequin Romance novel. Does Liam have the ability to really feel love? Seems to me it is more about who is in his face saying they want to be with him. Liam’s recent ambiguity reminds me of a favorite quote:

“Once I make up my mind, I am full of indecision” – Oscar Levant

As well as a favorite passage from Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar:

“I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose. I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet.”

Caroline and Ridge – Love them, love them, love them! I am so enjoying that they are giving them real dialog, and not just words to prop each other, like that other couple. I see Ridge has been taking some heat for walking out of his first big CEO meeting. I didn’t see him scurrying from a meeting run amuck, so much as a man in love and in a hurry to get home to his lady. And then helping her to get up and walk? And not only telling her but showing her that she is the most important thing in his life? Now that is how it is done.

Deacon and Quinn – So glad to see these two back! Along with Caroline and Ridge, they are becoming my favorite couple. RS has a great comedic turn, and it is nice that we are getting to see some of that, instead of her stalking a young boy.  Although I am always open to Liam/Quinn hate sex.

Rick and Maya – Still as revolting as ever. I did appreciate that Rick was finally honest with Maya about why he wants her around; that really should have sent Maya running. I am not happy that these two are set to be the “it” couple, and we are supposed to view them as a great love story. Maya is Rick’s enabler, the only one who knows how to “stroke his ego” and make him feel like a man. Rick is a man child, who is looking for his adult Mummy, the one that will take Brooke’s place as his protector and champion. They are both far too needy, both as individuals and as a couple to be seen as anything other than what they are. Those two completely deserve each other. Just a horrible pairing and an unrootable couple.

Eric and Rick – I see they are still subscribing to the School of Selective Reasoning. Eric, who appears to have gotten past Ridge’s betrayal, is now dispensing advise to Ridge about keeping it professional. Advising Ridge to “put aside his personal feelings, and do what is best for Forrester Creations, because that is what a good leader does”. Huh? Maybe if Eric had dispensed that same advise to his needy little brat Rick, he could have saved a lot of heartache for Ally, Ivy, Ridge and Caroline. More disturbing though, was Rick’s inability to let it go, and discuss what is best for FC’s without his usual recriminations. As I recall, when he was running the company as his own personal Dictatorship, he had no problem threatening anyone who didn’t agree with him, or who was unwilling to walk to the  “Maya is a Saint, and I am the CEO” line. Funny thing about karma, it has a way of sneaking up and biting one in the ass.

Random thoughts:

I am pleased as punch that they are allowing Caroline to support Maya for being transgender.

I wasn’t sure, but it seemed like Liam was trying to start something when he was flailing about with his arms as he was “talking” to Steffy, maybe a Bi-plane. Or maybe he was in an imaginary Spin class.  Or maybe he was conducting an invisible orchestra, and we were at the crescendo.

Steffy’s face looks like it is made from molded Play-Doh, and I long to reach into my tv and push everything back where it belongs. And why is she always wearing those short jackets with the tassels on the shoulders? I always think of a Drum Major in a marching band, maybe Quinn could fashion her a Baton to carry around to complete the effect.

Has the cast been asked to compete in some type of health challenge? Thorsten, Ashleigh, and Sean have all lost weight. I didn’t think it was possible for AB to be any more beautiful, but they are certainly dressing her to show off her assets; combine that with her stunning face, and I think we have a winner! TK and SK have also cleaned up a bit, are dressing better and have both received much needed haircuts. Both are putting the sex back in sexy. I was forced to partake of cold beverages while I gazed at them this week.

Not only is AB looking smoking hot, but I am enjoying her performances as well. She is playing the indecisive, conflicted, guilty role to a T, and I have to admit that when she came out and knelt down in front of Liam and just hugged him, that I teared up a bit.

Where in hell is Brooke? I cannot believe she has been absent for the fallout of the takeover. Is she still a VP at FC’s? I admit to being totally confused with this characters direction.

I hope Bill crams his dick so far up Eric's ass that Eric is tasting Spencer for the rest of his life.

Wow, RuntheTable. I love me some hoyay and I would do anything to see more of Eric & Bill in the same room but that Is quite a powerful mental image right there.

WOW.

My apologies St3phForrester, I know how you love your Johnnie! Historically, I have loved him too, and that includes his turn as Lance Prentiss on Y&R, but they are writing him as such a moron now. Talk about waffling and being wishy washy and not making sense! And the way he turned on Ridge? And blamed him for Eric’s own bad parenting? I will say Eric did seem more like himself yesterday, but I am withholding judgment until Ridge decides if he will have Rick back along with Maya.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 19

Renaming Liam – I am not sure there is one universal moniker for this character. He is coming off as the female lead in a Harlequin Romance novel. Does Liam have the ability to really feel love? Seems to me it is more about who is in his face saying they want to be with him.

This. He hauls ass to FC to try and win Steffy back, and when she shuts him down yet again, he runs back to Ivy. She gave him an out RIGHT FUCKING THERE, but he stays with her.

It reminds me of his first marriage to Steffy when she refused to give him an annulment and when she finally does,Liam inexplicably tears the papers up and don't tell Hope about it till the wedding.

I didn't think there could be a male character on this show that is worse than Ridge, but God do I hate Liam in a way I never did with the former. Maybe because Ridge could stick with a decision longer than two days and I believe he truly loved the woman he was with.

• Love 6
Oh, I'm so sorry, I hope everything's ok.

Yes, so much better now. My mom had a heart attack, but as terrible as it sounds it was actually a blessing in disguise! After years we were finally able to get her to change Cardiologists, and they found the underlying problem instead of just trying to dispense more pills to her. So now she is totally off her high blood pressure meds, and we are scaling back the others. 

Welcome back Run!  Loved your post and also hope all is well,

Thanks OhioSongbird, it is good to be back. 

Song for Waffle...to paraphrase Stephen Stills "Love the One You're Not With".

Could b a fun game....anybody wanna play?

Well, that is a real challenge. 

If we are sticking solely to titles, I have two submissions:

Daydream Believer - The Beatles

Ball of Confusion - The Temptations

For lyrics I also have two:

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden - Lynn Anderson

Bawitdaba - Kid Rock (cause the lyrics make zero sense)

• Love 15

Reading all of the comments this morning, one thing jumps out at me...is fringe coming back in a big way and I'm the last to know? I hadn't thought about it, but Quinn wore exaggerated fringe on her shirt (& of course, looked gorgeous) and Steffy, the drum majorette (props and welcome back to RuntheTable!) had that unfortunate fringe on her Joan Collins' jacket since like last week. I'm not always up on the latest fashion, so please fill me in, just in case Ridge gets dumped from a plane again and I need to help him draw, and cuddle, and kiss...

• Love 4

As well as a favorite passage from Sylvia Plath’s The Bell Jar: 

“I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose. I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet.”

Wow, I had no idea Sylvia Plath has been stalking me at the grocery store as I stand in front of the freezers trying to choose a flavor of Ben and Jerry's, only to walk away empty-handed because I just couldn't decide which one I wanted.

Sending good thoughts to you and your mom, RuntheTable!

• Love 3

And why oh why is she besties with Quinn (who I like, for lots of reasons) after she attempted murder on her or at the least, could have caused her death or serious bodily harm?

To be fair, that's kind of how bonds are strengthened on this show. Taylor kills Darla, dates Thorne. Bill throws Caroline over a balcony then becomes insanely protective. Stephanie orchestrates Brooke's rape and they become besties until death. Thorne shoots Ridge...okay well that one never really resolved itself.

• Love 3

Welcome back, RuntheTable! Sending good thoughts to you and Mama RtT.

If ever there was a song for FFL (FlipFlopLiam), it would be The Lovin' Spoonful's "Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind?"

He couldn't make a decision if his life depended on it.

• Love 6

Happy to hear your family is on the mend, Run!

I might like Caroline a teeny bit less if she keeps offering Steffy sympathy. Steffy's getting her well-deserved free ride on the karma train, to which I say, ha ha. And ha. Hopefully someone will tie Liam to the tracks before the How's It Feel Express comes roaring through.

You have a hashtag too, Rick. #douchebag. Seriously though, it was kind of nice to see he and Ridge shake hands. While it gets tiresome to hear Maya's and Rick's mutual ego fluffing, it sure as hell beats the daily overwrought "I still love you, Steffy! I am done, Liam!" schtick. I mean, yes, it's all a bit needy and codependent between Maya and Rick, but at least it's positive in its own weird way.

I like you, Quinn, but you have got to shut up. Ivy actually wants to maintain her dignity; let her do it. Besides, Liam will fall madly in love with her once she tries to set him free.

• Love 9
(edited)

I sure hope Rick and Maya take a shower before they kiss each others asses. Their mutual admiration is as redundant as Liam conveying his love for Steffy. I sure hope Ivy bows out of the marriage for Liam and Steffy deserve each other. But I don't know how I would feel if they are thinking of pairing Ivy and Wyatt. Wyatt made Hope less conservative maybe he could do the same for Ivy.

Quinn, Ivy, and Caroline are naturally beautiful but even though Maya is attractive, she is not a lead model. Since she is once again at FC, I'm just going to imagine her as being tall with a long neck and great legs. The same as I'm going to imagine Steffy as a American Girl doll and not a Cabbage Patch doll and Liam as Magic Mike.

Edited by Waldo13
  • Love 9