Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I could really use a break from Liam. He’s on every day, going on about how much he loves Steffy. I actually liked Steam, back in the day, but I always felt like Steffy was the fun choice, & Hope was Liam’s real love. Steffy’s literally still wearing her wedding ring, & Liam is holding her hands, promising that he’ll never let her go, again, if she gives him another chance. He’s gotten to the point of gross obsession. Sheila needs to work on her aim, & take him out. 

I do feel better, knowing how different I am from Liam. I legit love my husband, legit, but if he slept with my dad/mom, especially if that resulted in a DNA test, on a child that I’m claiming, I would beat Hope’s record of divorce papers in 8 hours. Truth.

As I was watching today, I was thinking that Sinn is the longest lasting couple on this show, without a break (save for their shootings), forever. They’ve been together like 3+ years. I honestly can’t think of another couple that’s stayed together, that long, without breaking up. Maybe Queric, I can’t remember, but that’d be the only competition.

• Like 11
On 8/8/2023 at 2:44 PM, blackwing said:

I have hated Liam and his beady eyes for years and years and years.  This character is one of the sorriest excuses for a human being on the show, and yet Bradley has written him as intensely desirable, every woman wants him, for years.  Bradley fixates on the leading men on this show.  For years he was fixated on Ronnnnnn Mosssss Ridge and now he has been fixated on Liam.  I think he sees these two as his alter ego.  That's why they always come out on top no matter what they do.  It's infuriating.

Looking at the old episodes available on YouTube, I can understand the appeal of Ridge. It still falls under "Not for me" category but the guy could make women laugh and you'd actually get a fun vacation or two out of the deal. Literally the only reason Steffy or Hope ever had to keep dealing with this lemming was to spite the other and because their idiot mothers encouraged this shit, but as of right now, they aren't beefing or anything.

22 hours ago, Artsda said:

Brooke is a horrible mom. Liam is out there swapping photos of Hope for Steffy, say dreaming of Steffy kissed Steffy multiple times and Brooke still pushing her daughter to fight for that man?  She should settle for that? 

This ain't beating out Beacon for the worst thing Brooke's ever done to her children but it's definitely a photo finish second for me 😒

• Like 9

Why does it seem that when Stuffy told Hope that she left Finn and she may be available, for Liam, Hope will want Liam back?  

Liam just about proposed to Stuffy but I can’t actually discern the look on Stuffy’s face. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

I like Hope smirking and basically not caring while knowing Liam was going to chase Steffy.  Then Liam does exactly that by end of episode. 

Finn brushed off Kelly drowning like oh it's ok because she's fine. That was appalling. Ridge was right he's sitting there with an attitude acting like he didn't do anything.  

Finn running his mouth at Liam  was a lot of deflection. Everytime Liam brought up Sheila he countered with Liam being the problem.  Liam didn't cause Steffy to move out, it was Finn who made his Sheila choices. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 10
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

Literally the only reason Steffy or Hope ever had to keep dealing with this lemming was to spite the other and because their idiot mothers encouraged this shit, but as of right now, they aren't beefing or anything.

I would love if Steam doesn't happen, and we actually got some scenes of Steffy and Hope talking about how much healthier they feel not being involved with him. 

• Like 3
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I would love if Steam doesn't happen, and we actually got some scenes of Steffy and Hope talking about how much healthier they feel not being involved with him. 

Thing is, they've already done that with their mothers and we all know how that turned out. Lol.

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Lord, Liam is such a tool. "Steffy and I were married once, too." Given that their marriage fell apart because Steffy banged his father, Liam was not implying anything good about Steffy with that point. Like, yeah, sure, Finn, you're married to her now, but she's a cheater, so... 

If I was Steffy, after those scenes in the office, I would be having a conversation with my brother about how Hope may be attracted to him and all, but she's still very much hung up on and thinking about Liam. 

And then we're back to more of Liam being a tool, informing Steffy that she's still in love with him, too. Steffy should rip him a new one. First, she knows damn well that he's only saying all of this stuff because he got his fee-fees hurt by Hope. Second, she's going through a whole mess of shit right now, and he's sitting there trying to score with her, despite her just recently telling him he has to stop that shit after he kissed her. Any minimally decent man wouldn't be bringing this shit up right now. He'd be offering to provide any help she needs with the kids and discussing their shared child's safety. And that's it. Third, Steffy knows damn well that he's told Hope that whole "and I'll never leave you again" kind of shit multiple times before, and it doesn't take, because he's a fucking waffle. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 8
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

And then we're back to more of Liam being a tool, informing Steffy that she's still in love with him, too.

It.

Has.

Been.

Three.

Bloody.

Weeks. 🤦‍♀️🙄

Good lord, was even Ridge this arrogant and full of himself? Usually by the time he started in on this, Brooke or Taylor had been signalling that they were interested or it was glaringly obvious they were with someone else because he refused to commit otherwise. Other than keeping quiet about the kisses, Steffy has been rather neutral one way or the other by her very low bottom-of-the-Mariana-Trench standards.

You'd think he'd know better to tell that her interest is lukewarm at best, but the fact that he can do casually swap out pictures of one family for the other says everything about how interchangeable they both truly are to him and how he truly expects them both to give up their lives when he comes calling.

I accept that Steam is inevitable barring unforseen circumstances, but goddamn, couldn't they have let Liam earn this even a little? To put even the modicum of effort that he did after Hope left him in 2019, where it took him getting roofied to even consider banging Steffy?

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Like 6
  • Love 4

This is one of those weeks where it's all about spreading the information all over town.  Forresters and Logans need one group text - "this happened the other day..okay"?

The only thing I want is for Liam to walk in on Hope and Thomas doing it on Hope's desk in her office.  It has to happen soon or no one is going to care.  I need to see the puzzled disbelieving outrage on his quizzical face.

I also kinda wish that Deacon wasn't doing Sheila because that's going to hit

the fan big time (especially Brooke whining and yelling to him, Sheila?? Sheila??? Really???) for an entire week.  

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 8/8/2023 at 8:23 PM, Crashcourse said:

Awww...I like Finn, and he'll always be Liberty Biberty to me.  I want him to go batshit crazy on Liam and kill him, then he and Sheila can escape and leave the country.  That way, I won't have to look at Sheila anymore, and people who don't like Finn won't have to look at him anymore either. 

Yes, I like him, too. He called Liam a "little puke". I had to rewind that and play it a second time to make sure I heard what I thought. It says a lot about a character when we root for Finn, whose behavior has been bafflingly off, over the Little Puke Eggo.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13

As much as I am hating on Liam right now, I still cannot support Finn in this. I found his callous brushing away of what happened at the beach appalling. Liam is Kelly's father, at least as far as we know anyway, so he has every right to be pissed that Finn would put her in danger. And it isn't even about Sheila, Finn didn't know Sheila was there, it is about turning his back on Kelly to take a call and putting in earbuds. Sheila was not the threat here; Finn was. And to start about he is a doctor? What the fuck does that have anything to do with anything? 

HOWEVER

That is the only thing I support Liam in, I found the rest of his dialogue so completely offensive I wanted to slap him into next year. He has spent most of his adult life with Steffy? Really? They had this great magical romance? Really? Was that before or after she screwed your father? If you had it to do over again, you would never let her go? Fucking, fucker, fucktard! You left her because she fucked your dad, and could have been pregnant by him, not because of some little misunderstanding. And didn't you run back to your philandering ex-wife when you thought you saw a puttycat? So completely and utterly destroyed by something that wasn't even real, that you ran to Steffy and hopped her bones? And didn't Steffy find herself once again in a situation of not knowing the father of her child? Only this time it wasn't between you and your father, it was between you and the man she had just told how much she loved. Yeah, Steffy is certainly all that and a bag of tasty chips. And your loyal, loving wife forgave your worthless waffling ass for it. But OH, OH, you cannot forgive her a kiss because it was "that one guy", like your dad is just some schmuck off the fucking street. Then, to say that you gave up all the wonders of life with Steffy to be with Hope? Acting as if you had sold your soul to the devil? EGAD! What a pathetic, needy, opportunistic, little ratman you are. 

Then, you have to hightail you ratass right over to see Steffy and fill her in with your version of the "discussion." Except, that was just a pretext to get to Steffy first to start heating up the toaster, so you will be a nice, hot waffle for Steffy to turn to when she makes the decision to divorce Finn. 

Finn is also out of line, not about Liam pressing his game, but that being the reason Steffy moved out and left him. It seems that Finn has a problem with taking responsibility for his actions. He does have a defensive attitude. If he wants to reconcile with his wife, he needs to reevaluate some stuff. And he needs to cut it off with Sheila completely and for good. 

Hope girl, you just keep staying the course, cause you know where Liam's loyalties will be laying, just as you know he will be maneuvering to get buttered and syruped by Steffy. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 3
  • Applause 17

Ridge lecturing anyone on anything to do with relationships, is just ridiculous. Finn does need to buck up & cut Sheila, but Ridge needs to look in the mirror, & after he gets past that hair, look at the man he sort of is.

Liam 100% proved Hope right today, telling Steffy that he’s had to push down his love for her, but, now, that they’re both available, he doesn’t have to hide it! She probably hasn’t even had time for a shower, since leaving her husband, & here Liam is planning their next wedding. Honestly, if Steffy leaves Finn, for real, she, Liam, & Kelly are in far more danger, because Finn will be heartbroken, & Mama Bear Sheila will be out for literal blood. 

I’m not even going to touch Brooke’s hair today, especially since no one else did, either. 🙃

• Like 13
  • LOL 1

Ridge is a flaming hypocrite an sanctimonious jackass but I ain't made at him getting into Finn's face but STFU whining about Liam and take responsibility about what HE did to drive Steffy away. Ridge doesn't have much use for Liam but I liked that he didn't give Finn an inch and even underscored that whatever Liam's motives, he is Kelly's dad and had a right to tell/snitch to Steffy about his concerns re Finn/Sheila. The one thing TK's Ridge really hangs his hat on is his love for his kids so I get why he's in Finn's face and defended Liam on that point.

Having said that Finn giving Ridge eyerolls and attitude made me chortle. Ridge wasn't having it but Finn was also like I ain't kissing your butt, sir. Finn is so gonna go running to Mommy Sheila whining about how no one understands him/how someone else (Liam) is the problem/and people don't understand! Sound familiar? Sheila genes are activating.

I....well....Liam I try to defend you man, but you make it so damn hard when you do crap like you did today with Steffy. You haven't learned anything and looks like you never will. I don't wish you death or ill will but really wish you'd have learned something over the past 10 years about your interswapping these women in your heart, bed, and mind. You need some therapy my dude.

Damn Hope only mentioned Liam to basically shade him. Please let her go flouncing off with Thomas only for Caroline to return from the dead and take back her child. Hope is playing the victim/martyr card a little too hard for my tastes.

• Like 7

Right off the bat today we still find Liam as the ultimate jerk and Stuffy’s hair looks like absolute 💩.  In another few days, Stuffy will completely transform into Cousin It.  

Models should keep their comments to themselves and just keep wearing those totally ugly dresses.  

Yes Hope, Liam will always be a part of Stuffy’s life but now Lurch will always be a part of your life. Hope can say that Liam loves Stuffy, it’s obvious but Liam can see that Lurch is totally infatuated with Hope. I can’t say that Lurch loves Hope because I believe that Lurch is incapable of love. 

• Like 9
5 hours ago, nkotb said:

I’m not even going to touch Brooke’s hair today, especially since no one else did, either. 🙃

Hmmm ... It wasn't horrible, I guess. It looked like she had a topper or extensions because KKL's natural hair isn't that thick and coarse. I liked the front part pulled back off her face. That's a slight improvement over the crimpy strands dangling limply around her face. 

The person whose look is bothering me is Steffy's. She looks like a blow-up doll, especially with the doe eyes and babydoll bangs. 

• Like 8

we actually got some scenes of Steffy and Hope talking about how much healthier they feel not being involved with him. 

Sure. But these writers just did this with Brooke and Taylor and to what end? It was all blown up for absolutely no reason. These writers have no intention of freeing Steffy or Hope from the waffle. Sadly that means the audience is stuck with the nonsense too.

These writers have no idea how to write romance. Hope and Liam have been divorced for like a week and he's already trying to get Steffy to marry him - even though she isn't divorced. This is supposed to be seen as romantic and love?

Of course Sheila and Deacon are more proof of the bad writing on this show. They make no sense together, they have no chemistry and her calling him Daddy is just frickin' gross.

And then we have Brooke going on and on to Hope about Liam. WTF? Again showing what a waste of time it was to have Brooke and Taylor finally come to a realization about Ridge. She literally remembers none of it as she pushes her daughter to the waffle.

i don't want Hope with Thomas either. He's a murdering, rapist, stalker who abused his son. No thank you.

I hate what they are doing with Finn. His birth mother shot him and Steffy and then kidnapped him and oh yeah tried to kill the woman who raised him. But suddenly he's been missing something in his life that only that psychopath can provide? Stop it. Finn is not a good actor to be sure but I still would rather see Finn and Steffy together than Steffy and Liam. I cannot stand Steam.

Why is Sheila still on this show? Why?

I suppose the better question is why do I continue to watch this show?

• Like 6
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 9

"Hope goggles"? What a fucking tool. What he's doing right now isn't much different than Thomas exploiting Hope's grief over Beth to move in on her. Sure, Thomas eventually added crimes to the manipulation, but right now, Liam is a stage 1 Thomas - Steffy is going through some major issues, and Liam is using her vulnerability to prey on her. 

Hope's reaction to the model saying she and Thomas made a good team was interesting. It's pretty clear that she's not really interested in being in a relationship with the guy. If she was remotely thinking that it was something she really wanted to pursue, she wouldn't be rushing to reassure her mother over an innocuous comment like that. She'd just let that comment sit there so that Brooke could start getting used to the idea. 

Ridge was absolutely right when he was talking to Finn. Finn, dude, stop focusing on Liam and figure out your shit with Sheila. That is how you save your marriage, not deflecting and ignoring the Sheila issue while you rant about Liam. Liam himself can tell you that running around town complaining about the guy who wants to be with your wife in no way stops anything from happening with your wife and that guy. 

Where is Taylor? Uninterested in being in her kids' lives if it doesn't involve the chance to bang their father? 

• Like 12
  • Applause 5
58 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

Where is Taylor? Uninterested in being in her kids' lives if it doesn't involve the chance to bang their father? 

She'll be back and when she is, she'll be all indignant and outraged about Finn and Sheila. She will break land speed records getting to Ridge, where she'll convince him that they need to "rally together as a family" to protect Steffy, Hayes, and Kelly from the evil clutches of Finn and Sheila. 

It will be her latest manipulation to once again, try to lure him away from Brooke. This time, Brooke needs to keep her eyes open and back to the wall. 

• Like 8
  • Love 5

They have Hope treading water right now… being very evasive about Thomas ..it’s like they don’t know if they want to go full Steam (pun intended) ahead with Thope…

Also..where is Thomas ? MA is handsome, I want him and his dimples back on my screen..Yes I’m shallow 😂 .. I have no qualms and it’s fiction 😆 

Hope is the “it” girl but isn’t Thomas the designer..they dropped him like a hot potato. 

Edited by bluvelvet
  • Like 11

@bluvelvet - Given how this show fixates on one plot at a time, I’m hoping that once this current one is over, they’ll get back to Thope. I would like to think we would get them at least for a little while. Hope seems unbothered by Liam’s shenanigans to me but as you said, they’re not being explicit with her. 

• Like 7
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

@bluvelvet - Given how this show fixates on one plot at a time, I’m hoping that once this current one is over, they’ll get back to Thope. I would like to think we would get them at least for a little while. Hope seems unbothered by Liam’s shenanigans to me but as you said, they’re not being explicit with her. 

That’s what I’m thinking too. I did read somewhere that MA took a short break so I assume he pops back up at some point. 

On another note - Bridge getting married AGAIN.. 🥱 🥱 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Given how nutty Taylor is, she'd probably tell Steffy to take that loser back or shoot Hope to get rid of her outta Thomas'life. Pretty best she stay away TBH.

17 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Why is Sheila still on this show? Why?

Because Phyllis Summers fills the token sociopath billet at Y&R?

Truly every return of this character since 2002, either here or on Y&R, has brought diminishing returns and it's just time for her to be retired for good.

9 hours ago, bluvelvet said:

They have Hope treading water right now… being very evasive about Thomas ..it’s like they don’t know if they want to go full Steam (pun intended) ahead with Thope…

To paraphrase from Bill Spencer himself, they literally this match, so now they can watch it burn. 

What point was there of setting off nearly the entire fanbase off in anger if they're gonna half ass it now that Tom-Ass has finally "won" and they've dirtied up Hope to the point that even her biggest fans have disowned her? Naw boo-boo, y'all opened up Pandora's Box so y'all solve  this.

6 hours ago, lala2 said:

Given how this show fixates on one plot at a time

Which speaking of that, this more than anything is the biggest fatal flaw of this show. The Bell family never should've started putting up their back episodes online because it definitely puts an end to the lie that it's the short runtime that prevents this show from telling more complex stories. It's not like even in the olden days that the show didn't have dull stories--the Jake McClain story was dragging at times and most things with Katie and Rocco cured my insomnia--but at least you'd know you'd have three days a week at most to deal with it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Good deflection Finn. Blame it on Liam when you know dam well the problem is you and Shiela. 

HFTF is now into see through ugly dresses?  KM would be heart broken to know what AN turned her HFTF into.  

Hold the phone. Not only do lines get repeated over and over again but now Hope and Finn are sharing the same thoughts; you deserve someone who treats you like they’re one and only.  Sorry Finn, but Stuffy has to in essence share you with Shiela.  

Liam are you kidding me?  Stuffy made you who you are?  If that’s true, Stuffy did one shit ass job.  Liam is more of a waffle than a man. 

• LOL 11

On X (fka Twitter) someone said Finn was giving Jodeci in his impassioned pleas to Steffy 😂 I think seeing Finn in satin open oversized shirt and flowing pants with a wind machine blowing as he begged her to come back from the ground floor as she looked down from the. balcony would’ve been more entertaining. Tanner certainly has that boy band hair.

On one hand I want Steffy to give Finn another chance just so she can go ‘See? You suck! Go live with your momma and leave me and mine alone’ when he messes up again but that second chance could end up costing her. Finn’s possessive and myopic blame shifting inclinations are edging close to obsessive. Read the room, dude, even if you think Liam is the issue when everyone is telling you Liam isn’t the issue then pivot to the argument that will get you what you want and settle his hash later if need be.

Bell knows what he’s doing putting Thope on pause. It’s all anyone is talking about and a lot of fans are waiting in anticipation of Round 2 and what will happen next. This ain’t over by a long shot.

• Like 8
On 8/9/2023 at 11:46 AM, nkotb said:

As I was watching today, I was thinking that Sinn is the longest lasting couple on this show, without a break (save for their shootings), forever. They’ve been together like 3+ years. I honestly can’t think of another couple that’s stayed together, that long, without breaking up. Maybe Queric, I can’t remember, but that’d be the only competition.

Ridge and Taylor's second marriage lasted around five years (until her "death" at Sheila's hand), IIRC, because of Hunter Tylo's edict that the couple couldn't divorce. So the writers had to come up with stories besides having them divorce and remarry every couple of months.

• Like 5

In Finn's defense, he did tell Sheila that she couldn't be a part of their lives after he thanked her on the beach for saving Kelly.  Sheila doesn't hear that, of course, but I'm surprised Finn doesn't let Steffy know that he has already put Sheila on notice.  

I really don't want Liam to "win" here.  His history with Hope is even longer than the one he shared with Steffy, and he's dismissing all of it.  

• Like 11
  • Love 1

"I'm not using Steffy's marital problems as an opening to move in on her." Um, the hell you're not, asshole. Hell, you used your marital problems as an opening to move in on Steffy. You're just continuing that shit now that she's having marital issues, too. 

On one hand, I don't want to cause Hope the pain, but on the other hand, I kind of really want her to hear the way Liam is talking these days, so she can really and truly be done with his waffling ass forever. He's so dismissive of their love, and he's basically calling all of it, including their daughter, the biggest mistake of his life. Fuck him. 

And, good lord, this whole grand love affair of his life crap is so not reality. For example, the reason he made the "mistake" of walking away from her was because she fucked his father and had to get a paternity test, and she didn't come clean with him until he found the test. And those flashbacks. For example, tearing up the papers. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that wasn't him getting back together with her. It was just him tearing up the annulment papers to go through a divorce instead, because Steffy didn't want to annul their marriage, right?  "OK, we'll divorce instead of annulling" is hardly a grand romantic moment. 

Finn, I'm rooting for you here, but give me something to work with. Stop bringing up Liam. Focus on Sheila. Give Steffy some concrete examples of how you will shut her down and keep her away from the kids. I can't remember now if it was someone here or somewhere else, but I saw the idea floated of him suggesting they get out of the country for a while, without telling anyone where they're going. That would be a pretty good way to handle JMW's maternity leave. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 10
  • Love 1

Liam is the dickiest, dick, that ever dicked. 

I loathe him. 

His outright dismissal of his decades long relationship with Hope, including their marriage, and their daughter, is repulsive. 

My wish is that Steffy reunites with Finn and shuts Liam's delusions down. But I fear what we will get is something happening to Steffy or one of the kids at Sheila's hands, and Liam is their savior. I also can see how Finn will not have had anything to do with Sheila, but Liam will be all over it, pounding it into Steffy's head that Finn has been hanging with his birth mom again. 

I don't know; I am just very grousey. This writing is leaving a foul taste in my mouth. 

• Like 14
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

So Finn says he has mixed feelings about Sheila and that is enough for Steffy to move out? It’s not like he asked Steffy to let Sheila babysit or he said he wanted a relationship with her. Having mixed feelings about your birth mother, even with everything she has done, seems reasonable. 
I know it’s a soap, but I hate writing that doesn’t make sense.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, jqdeco said:

So Finn says he has mixed feelings about Sheila and that is enough for Steffy to move out? It’s not like he asked Steffy to let Sheila babysit or he said he wanted a relationship with her. Having mixed feelings about your birth mother, even with everything she has done, seems reasonable. 
I know it’s a soap, but I hate writing that doesn’t make sense.

Thank you!! Soaps used to be so much better when they acknowledged the complexity of people’s feelings. Steffy didn’t even try to talk to Finn. She just made those OTT faces and left! And then wouldn’t talk to him or return his calls! It’s ridiculous! 

• Like 13
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Enough of this dopey Liam crap! Was Ridge giving Liam his permission to pursue Steffy again? It’s not Finns fault that his birth mom is psycho Shelia but it is Liam’s fault that he’s gone back and forth between two women for years. Why is Liam not mentioning that Steffy slept with his dad and that’s why they split? He left a pregnant Steffy to mope and pick up with Hope who was his first choice all along. Now it’s all about Steffy. I hope Shelia murders Liam. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 8

Sheila's "thing" (I can't think of a better phrase or name for it, maybe MO or something) is that she just wants to be loved and whenever the object of her affection doesn't love her back, she blames a third party. Which is exactly what Finn is doing, even though Stuffy hasn't stopped loving him. I'm afraid that they are going to turn Finn into a villain like his mommy. Although that would be fun, I really like him as a mate for Stuffy. They are a good match looks-wise and acting-style-wise, and he seems like a fairly good replacement to fill in the void made when Ronn Moss left, which would also make it like Stuffy had married a man like her dad, the "real" Ridge, not that greasy hobo Sludge. If they turn Finn into a psycho villain then they would write him out, and I really don't want to see that happen. This really has me interested and watching watching, not just watching. And, even though he doesn't know about Liam kissing Stuffy on two separate occasions, and Stuffy lying by omission, he is right about Liam. That part is different from Sheila's love troubles. I am curious to see where they are going with this. And I hope it continues to be interesting. We know JMW will be taking a pregnancy leave and that it will be written into this, and I'm all for having a break from her, (although she does make me laugh), I hope it doesn't disappoint and ruin this story line.

• Like 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, SweePea59 said:

It seems odd that we haven't heard anything about Douglas and Beth missing Liam. I guess they're cool with him moving out. It's been a while since we've seen Douglas. I miss him.

I’d be cool with Liam moving out of the planet. I feel you, Douglas. You’re twice the man Liam could ever be. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, KnightStorm said:

This whole show is the worst I've ever seen it.

My opinion of B&B has always been that it's sort of a cartoon, and I find the characters and their as quickly ended as they were started quasi-incestuous marriages hilarious - a formula that worked well enough in 1987 has been squeezed dry.

• Like 3
On 8/10/2023 at 8:00 PM, CharlizeCat said:

She'll be back and when she is, she'll be all indignant and outraged about Finn and Sheila.

The same Sheila Carter who she twisted Steffy's arm into inviting over to Thanksgiving or Christmas (which I'm pretty sure happened *after* the shooting?!)

She can sit this one out completely.

On 8/11/2023 at 4:37 PM, Black Knight said:

Ridge and Taylor's second marriage lasted around five years (until her "death" at Sheila's hand), IIRC, because of Hunter Tylo's edict that the couple couldn't divorce. So the writers had to come up with stories besides having them divorce and remarry every couple of months.

And not gonna lie, despite my opinions of Tridge today and knowing Taylor pulled a lotta dirty tricks to get him, this was one of the best things to happen to B&B. It gave people a chance to invest in the couple and the conflicts they did end up having were genuinely interesting ones, like Taylor surviving tuberculosis during her already high risk pregnancy with twins and when Kristen's then boyfriend Tony came to her for therapy when he got his HIV diagnosis.

OTOH it did lead to the rather goofy ass way they got Ridge to sleep with Morgan so it technically wasn't cheating 😭

1 hour ago, Js Nana said:

My opinion of B&B has always been that it's sort of a cartoon, and I find the characters and their as quickly ended as they were started quasi-incestuous marriages hilarious - a formula that worked well enough in 1987 has been squeezed dry.

B&B definitely has had dogshit stories even in its salad days but back then, not even Ridge was cycling through women as quickly as Liam does. I watched the episodes of 2012 and 2013 I had missed because I was deployed over seas and B&B was the one soap that the Armed Forces Network didn't get. By my count, he and Hope had no fewer than four attempts to get married and split up at least the same amount of times in between.

That's absolutely bonkerballs, even for a soap opera and it was why it was years before either pairing got dedicated fanbases. You'll notice that very little of the online discussion surrounding Lope or Steam ever refers to events before 2017 and that was because Liam never committed to either one long enough for anyone to make an opinion or give a solid F about who should have him.

• Like 13
On 8/12/2023 at 2:12 PM, SweePea59 said:

They are a good match looks-wise and acting-style-wise, and he seems like a fairly good replacement to fill in the void made when Ronn Moss left, which would also make it like Stuffy had married a man like her dad, the "real" Ridge, not that greasy hobo Sludge. If they turn Finn into a psycho villain then they would write him out, and I really don't want to see that happen.

I think it was during the courtroom (judge’s chambers) scenes when Finn was dressing down Liam, I thought how much he reminded me of a young RM’s Ridge.  He was wearing a suit like a grownup, chiseled good looks, wooden acting ability and an air of superiority.  TPTB should really have leaned into that characterization of Finn.  

Alternatively, since they are invariably going to turn Finn into a dark grey character, make him more like Damian Grimaldi on ATWT, a true spoiler for Steam, who is not above being duplicitous to get what he wants, but also has a pretty close to 50/50 fanbase with the “white hat” Liam.  

• Like 8

Part of me thinks Liam is absolutely loving what’s happening right now. What the fool doesn’t realize is that Steffy may have let him kiss her (twice) but I think she is very much in love with Finn and Liam is more of an annoyance, like the last pesky gnat in your kitchen. After everything Liam has put her through and all that Finn has done for her including saving her life - twice - and one of those times literally taking a bullet for her, how is this even a contest? Plus, he only wants her back now that Hope kicked his ass to the curb because goodness knows he can’t be alone for a second  

Liam has a right to be concerned for Kelly but that is the only point I’ll give him. Considering he hasn’t shown one iota of interest in Beth or Douglas since his paltry few tears when he was leaving the cabin tells me all I need to know. That he would use his own child to try to woo Steffy back shows he’s even more messed up than he thinks Finn is.

If the choice is between Waffles and Finn, mommy issues and all, I’m Team Finn all the way. 

Tanner really brought the anguish, remorse, and sorrow today. Another point for Team Finn.  That Steffy reflected much more on their relationship than the tired, stale, nobody wants these leftovers Steamless is very telling. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

If the choice is between Waffles and Finn, mommy issues and all, I’m Team Finn all the way. 

So very much this. I wish Finn had more of his own agency separate from Steffy but that's a lot easier to fix than trying to figure out an excuse for why Liam still acts this stupid after all this time.

27 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Tanner really brought the anguish, remorse, and sorrow today. Another point for Team Finn.  That Steffy reflected much more on their relationship than the tired, stale, nobody wants these leftovers Steamless is very telling.

That's very promising news indeed.

Slag that she's been over the years, she deserves better than what her mother was willing to accept from Ridge and Lame never should've been any more than a spite filled rebound to get back at Bill for staying with Katie. She has long moved past any need for him, as has Hope.

• Like 11

I don’t need flashbacks from a year ago and I certainly don’t need them from a month ago or whenever the asshats all went to Italy. The show feels like a never ending reel of Liam yakking it up with whoever can’t escape. 

• Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1

Finn said a lot of oh I'll get security and protect you.  But I'm glad Steffy didn't buy it, because it's been only hours he was defending mommy and wanting her given slack.  Sheila has him and Steffy can see that.  Sheila knows it too. 

Liam and Wyatt same convo different day.  How does Liam have so much airtime? 

So Brooke only now thinks Hope maybe was right? After Ridge talks to her, yet when Hope has been telling her it's all "go fight for him."

• Like 7