Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

Ok I have a question. Did she deliberately remove the toe so the dumb Bell-A PD would think she was dead or did she accidentally lose the toe and the dumb BELL-A PD thought she was dead as a result?

I concede, Sheila cut her toe off to mislead the authorities.  What I should have said was Sheila used wacky biology to fake her death.

27 minutes ago, hypnotoad said:

I guess the only doctor in Bell-A (Bridget) was too busy or not in the area to explain to the Bell-A PD and to the Forrester's, Spencer's  and Logan's that a toe is not the same as the heart.

Yes! Bridget was a big fan of Google-diagnosis.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I concede, Sheila cut her toe off to mislead the authorities.  What I should have said was Sheila used wacky biology to fake her death.

I think that the scene she set up was supposed to be that the toe was somehow all that was left of the bear attack, as opposed to her having just somehow lost the toe, and it causing her death. 

• Like 9
35 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

I think that the scene she set up was supposed to be that the toe was somehow all that was left of the bear attack, as opposed to her having just somehow lost the toe, and it causing her death. 

True, but still, not one of these Einsteins (™Sally Spectra OG) thought "Gee, could this be a ruse?".

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Like 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2
8 hours ago, hypnotoad said:

Ok I have a question. Did she deliberately remove the toe so the dumb Bell-A PD would think she was dead or did she accidentally lose the toe and the dumb BELL-A PD thought she was dead as a result?

I guess the only doctor in Bell-A (Bridget) was too busy or not in the area to explain to the Bell-A PD and to the Forrester's, Spencer's  and Logan's that a toe is not the same as the heart.

Right after the whole Thomas plot went down in flames during Tridge's not-wedding, the other only doctor in LA*, Finn, admitted that he'd never believed Sheila was dead (because it was just a toe), finally examined the toe under a microscope, and determined that Sheila used her RN skills to surgically remove the toe. He made a big deal of telling Steffy, the police, and IIRC even Deacon that the toe wasn't torn or mauled but had been surgically excised.

After they found the toe originally, Sheila came back wearing silly face masks to disguise herself and asked Deacon to hide her from the police. She 100% tried to fake being dead. I think the police had also found hair and a lot of blood. Wishful thinking 😅.

*Taylor is a doctor but 100% useless. Finn is just 90% useless.

Edited by dovegrey
clarity
  • Like 8
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

True, but still, not one of these Einsteins (™Sally Spectra OG) thought "Gee, could this be a ruse?".

At least the doctor in the storyline eventually got around to some skepticism. But, yeah, they all just wanted her to be dead and gone so badly that they collectively just went with it. 

• Like 10

Katie was literally the only character talking sense today. She has to be wondering why no one has a problem with Taylor committing attempted murder. Well...she probably expects Steffy to defend mommy dearest...but she's probably wondering what's wrong with Brooke.

• Like 8

Interesting that we got to see the beach house today. It looks like they painted over the awful mural Zoe conned Wyatt into paying her to do. Now they’ve added some fish prints. I wonder where Wyatt lives now? The rest of the episode was boring. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2

Why hasn’t that amazingly fantastic security guard been fired?  Charlie lets Shiela get into the building and now Lurch gets bast him. Is he two busy eating lemon bars to notice?  

I’m so confused. There is Steffy’s cliff house and now there is a beach house?  Taylor now lives in the beach house but she was living with Steffy and Finn for a while. Who owns the beach house and who was living there so Taylor had to live with Steffy?  

Lurch, get over yourself. If that last fashion show was any indication of your designs, they aren’t all that fantastic. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Taylor now lives in the beach house but she was living with Steffy and Finn for a while. Who owns the beach house and who was living there so Taylor had to live with Steffy?  

Bill owned it and gave it to Wyatt, but now that Darren Brooks is on reoccurring in all but name, it's back to her.

The beach house was Stephanie's "Welcome Back From the Dead and Please Get Ridge Away From Brooke" present back in '95, which will make the seemingly more likely Braylor union all the more ironic if and when they do consummate their union there.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

Steffy needs to understand that there are other factors at play when it comes to her mother confessing than just putting Sheila "behind bars". Taylor is consumed with guilt and that guilt is going to slowly eat at her and erode reality. Confessing will bring her back into the real world and will allow her to pay for her crime. It will also remove any blackmail ammunition Bill and Sheila have, so it may not get Sheila back in the hands of the authorities, but it will remove any power Bill and Sheila have in regard to Hayes and Kelly and will effectively remove Sheila from her life. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 6
  • Love 3

Kudos Hope kudos for not selling your soul to the devil in mean Lurch for the sake of HFTF and forsaking Liam and Douglas. 

Ok, so it’s the beach house that Taylor is staying at.  It’s still belongs to Bill, I believe, so why would Bill kick Wyatt out so Taylor, of all people, can stay there?  

Taylor will be in a hospital bed and we will be able to witness extreme shit ass acting, by Steffy, stressing over her mother.  

• Like 6

I remember NuTay telling Ridge that she bought the beach cabin for them to live in together. Perhaps with NuTay being comatose, we can look forward to the family hanging around that same waiting room as they did for one of the other folks that was near death that I cannot remember and don’t care about. They will repeat the same lines until we are all insane. I’m nearly there just thinking about it.

• Like 11
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

Ok, so it’s the beach house that Taylor is staying at.  It’s still belongs to Bill, I believe, so why would Bill kick Wyatt out so Taylor, of all people, can stay there?  

Wyatt sold it to Taylor. 

Hopefully Steffy and even Thomas goes nuts on Bill. Send Thomas on Bill. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Did anybody think that was an actual suicide attempt by Taylor? I thought she was writing a confession to the police. I have to admit that I didn't bother to rewind, but it looked like she only took a couple of pills -- with water. I think she took the pills to help her sleep.

Regardless, this should be enough to push somebody over the edge to go after Sheila and Bill and do some real damage. Who? I don't know.

I was finally applauding Hope for firmly and permanently shutting Thomas down. I was so afraid she was going to let him get into her head and she'd weaken and reconsider hiring him back. Anyway, he needs to channel that psychotic rage and frustration somewhere ...

Anyway, Taylor can't die, remember? Not even at her own hand. If she truly was suicidal, you can be assured that she won't be successful. I mean if a plane crash/abduction and one of Sheila's bullets failed, what's a few pills? 

• Like 6
  • Love 4

I don't think Taylor is trying to off herself either; I think she was taking something to help her sleep. I can see how Brooke would draw that conclusion though, given she had just had that conversation with a worried Steffy, then getting to Taylor's and reading her confession with the statement that the only way to save her family was to "end it". I think Brooke will be able to rouse Taylor, and before they know what hit them, they will be embracing and much, much, more. Then again, maybe nothing will happen, but there is some reason Brooke was the one to find Taylor and draw the wrong conclusion. 

Good for Hope. 

Now what will Thomas do? He is not working at FC's anymore, and he has been ostracized by the family, so what is his purpose now? 

• Like 8

Maybe Thomas can somehow cause Sheila to have a fatal accident without actually being responsible for it, so he won't be charged with anything.  I know he's done some crazy shit, but I'd like for him to redeem himself so that he can be reunited with his son and the rest of the family.   I also hope that he finally gets over Hope and finds someone else not Paris.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Bill actually goes to office? He has his brain for work?  Why don't they show him at work instead of a pod person with Sheila. 

Totally expected Brooke to ask Taylor to move in with her when Steffy told Brooke that Taylor declined her offer. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

What's been Finn's issue with Brooke the past two days? He seems so disdainful towards her. When it comes to Steffy, Brooke is much more kind and forgiving than I would be. 

This Taylor-Brooke thing is becoming too OTT for me. I am happy that they are friends and have dumped Sludge, but their insta-friendship is moving way too fast to be convincing. I thought Brooke was going to propose! Just a few months ago, they were attacking each other with children's paint!

I really feel sorry for Deacon that he's obviously in love with Sheila. But I enjoy watching KB and SK together. They have great chemistry and are very convincing as a couple.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

As soon as she asked her to move in, my mind went right to Ridge finding the gals in bed together.  Now I ask you - WHO would he yell at the most? He's so judgmental and righteous (or let's just call him an asshole) who is going to be disgusted with more?  

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

On the one hand, friendships on this show, especially girl/girl friendships, are sorely, sorely lacking. I’m literally trying to think of a non-related girl/girl friendship, & the closest I’m getting, is Quinn/Shauna, both of whom are gone from BelLA. However, while I’m enjoying the Brooke/Taylor friendship, far more than I ever would’ve expected, I worry that when Ridge comes back, sniffing around 1, or both, of them, this will all go away, so I’m not getting my hopes up too much. 

Sheila & Deacon, on the other hand, I’m in for that. SK plays lovesick, heartbroken puppy very well. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I’ve never seen another actress who blinked as much as this one. Why don’t the directors tell her to knock that crap off? I have actually caught myself counting how many times she blinks in each scene. I really need to get a life.

• LOL 5

Regarding Brooke/Taylor, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference, so perhaps all that anger and seeming hatred was really disguised feelings? 

I'll always be convinced that Stephanie secretly harbored feelings for Brooke. She was certainly obsessed with her. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 2

Such 🐂💩.  In CA, the family court judge will not allow a child, under the age of 14, to choose the parent he wants to live with.  

What makes Lurch think that Steffy would be a good whiteness when she knows he made Douglas lie about the CPS call?  More 🐂💩. Lurch gives them papers late at night with intent to go to court the next day. Hope has a few hours notice to consult a lawyer and prepare testimony. Douglas is expected to make a decision in less than 12 hours. Lurch doesn’t really want Douglas full time he just wants to punish Hope or to use Douglas to get back into FC. 

The chemistry once again is being tested between Brooke and Taylor. The ground work was laid today about being more than friends when Taylor asked Brooke if she could ever put her trust in a man again. True story, my female cousin, after many horrible abusive relationships, with men, she now has a 15 year relationship with a woman.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, mmccpp said:

I’ve never seen another actress who blinked as much ... she may have dry or poorly fitted contact lenses.

Good one! This woman has assets to see an eye doctor. This is an acting tic when she doesn’t know what to do next. I’ve seen her do this before.

• Like 3

Hope has her hopes up so high for this that you just know the show is going to pull some bullshit and Douglas will end up with Thomas. Although it would be great if Steffy does the right thing and tells the judge all about that whole scene at Eric's house on the day of their parents' non-wedding. 

And now that I say that, I'm confused - if the whole deal is just supposed to be that Douglas is going to say who he wants to live with, then why does Thomas need a witness? Is Steffy supposed to appeal to Douglas on Thomas's behalf? Or is this actually going to be more of a custody trial than Thomas let on to Hope and Liam, so he can blindside them? 

And, seriously, even taking into account that the Forrester family has money and influence, there's no way Thomas magically got a court date for tomorrow like that. Unless it's an emergency, the court isn't going to let you drag someone else in with no preparation time or time to consult with their own attorney. Not to mention that, being smart for his age aside, Douglas is too young for the whole "the kid can tell the judge where they want to live" thing. 

Bottom line, though, I feel like Thomas is going to somehow manipulate Douglas. Or we're going to get some bullshit about how Douglas only told Hope he wants to live with her because he didn't want to hurt her feelings, but he really wants to live with his asshole father, who has no home. 

If they don't pair Brooke and Taylor up, they're trolling us pretty hard with their scenes. I would love it if the two of them found out about the custody hearing, busted in, and both went to bat for Hope, with Taylor saying that she loves her son, but he has some work to do on himself to get to a better place for his son. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

And, seriously, even taking into account that the Forrester family has money and influence, there's no way Thomas magically got a court date for tomorrow like that. Unless it's an emergency, the court isn't going to let you drag someone else in with no preparation time or time to consult with their own attorney.

Why does this show time and time and time again feel like the audience is too stupid to know how things works IRL?  I haven't gone through a custody battle, but even *I* know the timeline doesn't work at Mach 10 speed (absent life & death emergency)!  So damn insulting.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

I dont blame Douglas for wanting to live in a non pressure house hold with Finn/Steffy. Hope and Thomas spend too much time pressuring him. But dear god Steffy does not need another kid. Just send him to boarding school and be done with him for a few years.

• Like 5

On what planet would a judge allow parents to plead with their kid to convince him to live with them and try to sway his decision and tell him to decide immediately. It’s no wonder he chose Steffy with all that guilt.

• Like 8

Just one day ago, Douglas was telling Hope and Liam that he wanted to live with them.

He literally told Hope and Liam: "I would rather live here with you."

Now, he's claiming to want to live with Aunt Steffy instead.

giphy.gif

I don't see that Hope and/or Liam put pressure on Douglas. Thomas, absolutely, especially putting a child in the position of choosing between his parents (and don't get me started on the fact that he's four years too young to have any sort of say/influence per California child custody laws and even 14 year-olds don't get to make the decision).

• Like 5
  • Love 6

I think--smart kid that he is--gave it some thought and chose Steffy as a way to split the difference and not have Thomas and Hope/Liam going after each other if he's chosen to live in one household over the other.  He might love his daddy but he might feel that there's just too much drama with Thomas.  He might love Hope/Liam, but he knows that he would be bored out of his mind living with them.  I'd much rather see him living with Steffy and Dr. Finn.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

…& another Caroline mention. I’m predicting, again, that she will return sometime in the near-future. No spoilers, but we haven’t heard a peep about her in years, but we’ve had a few mentions in the past few weeks. Something is up, I think.

• Like 3
  • Useful 5

Lurch’s breath must really stink with all that 🐂💩 he’s spewing. In fact, I’m surprised that his eyes didn’t turn blew because of that. 

Douglas chooses none of the above and wants to live with his aunt. I guess he didn’t want to disappoint one or the other so he decided to disappoint both. That’s what you get when you let a child choose. 14 year old is recommended for a very good reason but even then they are too young.  

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, nkotb said:

…& another Caroline mention. I’m predicting, again, that she will return sometime in the near-future. No spoilers, but we haven’t heard a peep about her in years, but we’ve had a few mentions in the past few weeks. Something is up, I think.

I thought she was dead from a blood clot?

• Like 1

I remembered that Liam and Douglas are blood family today. 

It made no sense for him to choose Steffy over Hope.  Hopes been nothing but an amazing mother, Liam treated him amazing too, he has a sister/cousin and always was with Brooke as the grandparent even when Ridge lived there he had nothing to do with Douglas nor care to. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

So, clearly, nobody at B&B does even a tiny bit of research into their legal stories. My husband (a lawyer) wandered into the room while my son and I were watching, and he was so pissed off at the stupidity of it all. 

Also, since apparently a little kid can just pick to live anywhere, and it has to be legally binding because his parents agreed to let him pick, we all agreed that Douglas should have blown right past Aunt Steffy's house and decided to live at Disney World. 

And that whole "and this is where you will live and who will make decisions for you until you reach maturity" thing is beyond laughable. 

At most, the judge would agree to let Douglas stay with Steffy for a limited time (provided neither parent has a legitimate objection to that placement), while all three of Thomas, Hope, and Douglas get some counseling and the judge makes a determination on custody (because, clearly, the job of having to decide between his two parents is too overwhelming for Douglas). It's going to be beyond absurd if Monday sees the judge saying "OK, Douglas lives with his Aunt Steffy until he turns 18. Tough luck, mom and dad." 

Also, show, reminder, split custody is a thing that exists and is very common. Precisely because this kind of all or nothing shit is absurd. 

5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

he has a sister/cousin and always was with Brooke as the grandparent even when Ridge lived there he had nothing to do with Douglas nor care to. 

You know, this hearing should have taken place after Taylor moves in with Brooke (if that is going to happen). Douglas could have picked living with both of his grandmas. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Really Deacon? This could be our chance at a real relationship? I don't know what is worse, them trying to make Sheila the "it" girl that is turning the heads of all the men who have worshipped the Golden Couter, or Deacon wanting to destroy every relationship that means anything to him by having an open romance with a psychopath? Making it worse is it is coming fresh on the heels of Hope's paise and admiration at what Deacon has managed to accomplish. 

Outside of that, a witch needs to stay the hell away. If she is soooooo in gaga fucking love with Bill, why does she keep coming to sniff around Deacon. And what is with all the black leather clothes? 

@Gam2 just for you!

Blink, blink, blink

Blink, blink, blink

Blink your eyes

Blink your eyes......

giphy.gif

When I was a little kid, I wanted to live with my mom's sister. I adored my Aunt Nell, she had a working farm with all manner of animals, a huge vegetable garden where I would pick fresh tomatoes and rinse them off and eat them. There was also an inground pool with fencing that was covered in the most delicious concord grapes. My summers there were amazing! I lobbied and lobbied everyone who would listen to no avail. There is just something about Aunts. They have a different presence in kid's lives; my niece wanted to live with me too. But in Douglas's case I think he is trying to play the middle ground so he doesn't hurt anyone. Making him make this choice is hella mean and cruel and has put this already traumatized kid in such a rotten position. Say what they will, if he had chosen Thomas, Hope would have been crushed and bitter, and if he had chosen Hope, Thomas would have started planning his next manipulation. Douglas is a smart kid, and I am sure he recognized this ploy by his father for exactly what it is; another manipulation, and a way to strike back at the family who has ostracized him. 

Will this be the first real test of Braylor? Hope losing custody of Douglas to Steffy? Or will they stay out of it? 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, RuntheTable said:

Really Deacon? This could be our chance at a real relationship? I don't know what is worse, them trying to make Sheila the "it" girl that is turning the heads of all the men who have worshipped the Golden Couter, or Deacon wanting to destroy every relationship that means anything to him by having an open romance with a psychopath? Making it worse is it is coming fresh on the heels of Hope's paise and admiration at what Deacon has managed to accomplish. 

Outside of that, a witch needs to stay the hell away. If she is soooooo in gaga fucking love with Bill, why does she keep coming to sniff around Deacon. And what is with all the black leather clothes? 

@Gam2; just for you!

Blink, blink, blink

Blink, blink, blink

Blink your eyes

Blink your eyes......

giphy.gif

When I was a little kid, I wanted to live with my mom's sister. I adored my Aunt Nell, she had a working farm with all manner of animals, a huge vegetable garden where I would pick fresh tomatoes and rinse them off and eat them. There was also an inground pool with fencing that was covered in the most delicious concord grapes. My summers there were amazing! I lobbied and lobbied everyone who would listen to no avail. There is just something about Aunts. They have a different presence in kid's lives; my niece wanted to live with me too. But in Douglas's case I think he is trying to play the middle ground so he doesn't hurt anyone. Making him make this choice is hella mean and cruel and has put this already traumatized kid in such a rotten position. Say what they will, if he had chosen Thomas, Hope would have been crushed and bitter, and if he had chosen Hope, Thomas would have started planning his next manipulation. Douglas is a smart kid, and I am sure he recognized this ploy by his father for exactly what it is; another manipulation, and a way to strike back at the family who has ostracized him. 

Will this be the first real test of Braylor? Hope losing custody of Douglas to Steffy? Or will they stay out of it? 

Just now, Waldo13 said:

Sorry I blinked and pressed the wrong button 😜

• Like 1
  • LOL 3