Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Thanks, @CharlizeCat, for the breakdown. I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but you can bet I'll report back when I do since it's rare there's an episode worth watching.

Since Star Trek Picard start up again, I used the app and found that the last new episode of B&B I'd watched (and didn't even finish!) was Dec 27th. I hadn't even realized it's been that long TBH but nothing of note has happened since.

• Love 7

@CountryGirl, Amen to that about Ronn. That would have been epic!

After I had time to unpack yesterday's episode, I realized that that final scene really was an affront to Eric, Bill, Thorne, and Nick. The "Oh, well. Her destiny has always been Ridge," shoulder-shrug final acceptance seemed to totally negate all of their relationships with Brooke. Like they weren't real and were meaningless because the entire time, Brooke wanted Ridge and didn't really love any of them, or maybe she thought so at the time. 

It made the aforementioned men look like fools in that they didn't see through the "sham" relationships and marriages until it was too late and Brooke broke their hearts. They looked even more foolish after they declared their undying devotion and she blew them all off to go back to Ridge. 

Even though, we, the audience, knew that the end game was always going to be Bridge, it was kind of hopeful to think that maybe this time Brooke could find love and happiness with another man who would put her first and only, and not have his head turned by Taylor or Caroline or Ashley or Shauna ... 

Like I said, after looking at all of the clips, it seemed like Brooke was the happiest with Nick and my second choice was Thorne. Although that was negated somewhat by the depressing performance by WH. It makes me wonder how much of that was as written or if any of it was on him. I know he's had some rough years since he left the show.

Brill ranks third for me. They were pretty and passionate but it now seems like they were both on the rebound. This will NEVER happen because the character is no longer on the show, but I think a Bill and Felicia pairing would be off the charts! 

I didn't even consider Deacon because I thought their affair was purely sexual. I never saw any lasting power with them as an actual couple back then and I don't see it now. Let them be good friends, a sobriety support system, and co-parents to Hope. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I’ve read that Windsor was (or possibly still is) an alcoholic. He looks very worn but hopefully, he’s overcome his demons!

Really? I thought he actually looked good. Maybe, a little too much sun over the years but still looked good. I thought he was the best Thorne because he could act and was good looking. The previous two Thorne’s were too pretty and IR was horrible casting. I’ll never forget his best scene ever was when he told the family off and was tried of being second to Ridge (Ronn Moss). While I wouldn’t be opposed to bringing him back they don’t even show Don Diamont anymore so I would hope they get Bill (and, Katie) back with in a storyline. I’m simply amazed how long they’ve been off the show. I know it’s only a half hour show but it’s almost like Tom & Diamont are off contract and barely in reoccurring status. 

• Love 10

I won't lie,Clayton Norcross as Thorne was damn beautiful and I'm mad we were robbed of a Brooke/Thorne pairing between those two.

Thorne #2 hasn't done much for me,but I admit I've only seen a few scattered clips of him.

I've memory holed IR's blessedly short tenure.

• Love 5

While it was nice to see the 'Men of Brooke's Boudoir' (TM Golden Girls) the set-up of Brooke being visited by loves past was soft; why not have this when Brooke was having a crisis about her destiny last week and let Ridge go where she began wondering 'Would I have been better off/happier had I stayed with....' and then we revisit these loves where Brooke relives the highlights but also realizes that there was always something missing for her with them and THEN at the end she comes to the answer of Ridge and how no matter the ups and downs and her mistakes or his that she's for him and he for her and we get the schmaltzy reunion or her at least coming to the realization that she can't and won't let him go and will continue to fight for her destiny.

They're really hamstrung by TK being Ridge as loooooads of flashback clips can't be used since they include RM.  It really would've been nice if they figured out a way to be able to use the RM clips for this episode.

Seeing KKL with her other loves besides Ridge made me miss Nick/Brooke and Bill/Brooke. Bill had no business after he rightfully rolled his eyes at her 'irresistibility ' but they had chem and worked except when she was being a stepford wife and left him after he punched Liam. She stayed with Ridge when he did worse.  Nick and Brooke also had sparkle and his IDGAF attitude with Ridge even if they were brothers was great. 

My other quibble - It's John McCook's 35th anniversary as well, right? Where's his show? Why didn't he get a retrospective? They have Brooke, Donna, Sheila, and Quinn all sitting right there and they've been able to use SF clips when needed so...I'd like to have seen that. And then have JMcC and KKL have a special episode where they reminisce together their '35 years' together and how the clashing of the Forresters and Logans has led to where they are now. I dunno, I know they probably did the best they could but the show could've easily had an anniversary week where they had Eric and Brooke solo eps and joint ep to celebrate the show's history.

Now back to the main storylines - Thomas needs to blow Sheila's secret wide open so we can move the hell on.  Or we can have a delightful sequence where Sheila chases down Thomas in her car and runs him off a cliff where he looks up at her standing at the side of the cliff and watches her watch him die and realize that karma's a bitch and came for his ass. I really want Sheila to tell him as he dies 'Tell Vinny I said hello' because I absolutely have my non-canon theory that Sheila was on the scene as early as the paternity switch and is the true cause of Vinny's death.  TLDR Theory: Sheila switched the test from Liam to Finn to give him his family and her a solid connection to the Forresters through a grandchild; Vinny later accessed the test and switch the test to be Liam not realizing that he was correcting Sheila's actions and thinking he was helping Thomas get Hope. Thomas and Finn confront Vinny who cracks and flees in disgrace but later he figures out/realizes the truth - the test had been accessed before he changed it and Liam really is the father.  Vinny is about to reveal the truth to Thomas when he's confronted by Sheila (she' lurking around of course) and tells him he's not going to say anything to anybody.  She decides to kill 2 birds with one stone by having 'Liam kill Vinny'; she threatens Vinny that if he doesn't do this that she'll kill him and Thomas or maybe even go after Douglas;  Vinny films that suicide video confessing to switching the paternity test and his love and loyalty to Thomas with Sheila holding a gun on him off-camera to make sure he goes through with it. As Bill/Liam's car approaches, Vinny either jumped or maybe even hesitated with Sheila pushing him so that he lands on the car.   She thinks that she's now covered up her crime, secured Finn being Hayes' father, and removed Liam as a threat to that family by sending him to prison for killing Vinny. You have the same plot hole of how did Vinny/Sheila

Know that it's out there but it fits Sheila's MO and somehow makes Vinny's death make more sense; he still did it out of love for Thomas but he was hoping that he was saving him from psycho Sheila somehow.

• Love 6

Have Ridge and Nu Taylor done the deed? The Brookes men episode was decent until Ridge. If he wanted to time out him and Brooke fine but to go running to Taylor and her kids and let them go on and on about how terrible Brooke is over the top and traitorous. 

• Love 9

I really enjoyed the Brooke-centered episode (well, except for the Ridge crap) as KKL, along with John, are the two day-one players still lighting up my screen.

I agree that John deserved a stand-alone episode as well with the loves of his life. 

Brooke looked fabulous, even if I did have to chuckle at her napping on the couch, decked out as she was.

Brooke-sleep-sofa-BB-HW.jpg?resize=1024,

At least we got to see John as the first of Brooke's Ghosts of Christmas Past, reminding us that though Brooke has been married more times than can be easily counted, he was her very first husband. 

Eric-Brooke-sofa-BB-HW.jpg?resize=1024,5

I have always appreciated the love and respect they have for one another. Not just because they share two children, Rick and Bridget, but because they really have continued their friendship from all those years ago. I loved seeing their flashbacks as their wedding, the hot-air-balloon get-away, especially, was beautiful as were they.

Next up was Thorne and his was definitely bittersweet, given the losses his character has endured and I think WH seemed wistful at no longer playing Thorne. While CN brought the pretty and JT brought the singing (I'm not mentioning blink and you missed him Ingo), Windsor really fleshed out the character and I still think that Throoke was so much potential tossed for the GarBridge. Best friends and sometimes co-conspirators for so many years who finally saw what was right in front of them. It was perfect. 

Thorne-Brooke-living-room-BB-HW.jpg?resi

Then there is Nick, in his uniform and Jack looks fantastic and while I loved seeing him again, it brought back the anger and disappointment at how show ruined what was my favorite Brooke pairing - Bricky. Yup, even more than Brill. Nick could absolutely still have a place on this show, a potential rival for Ridge where Brooke is concerned and he was also a father figure for Hope for many years who could be watchful but supportive of her rebuilding her relationship with Deacon. He could bring back son Jack and the dynamics of Brooke being his biological mother but Taylor carrying him, believing him to be Bridget's. 

It seems to me that the Bricky flashbacks were quite a bit longer than the rest of the crew (not that I'm complaining in the slightest). I'd be more than happy to see Jack and Nick "go back again."

Nick-Brooke-dream-BB-HW.jpg?resize=1024,

Next is Bill and my poor heart can't take it as Brill was my second favorite Brooke pairing and I'm still so pissed how that ended so Brooke could run back to Ridge again when yes, as pointed out upthread, Ridge has done far worse.

Brooke-Bill-BB-HW.jpg?resize=1024,598

It's criminal that Don has been backburnered when even just a quick scene with him lights up the screen. If he cannot reunite with Brooke (and I think the ship has sailed there, sadly) so at this point, I would rather he be paired with Steffy (I know!!!) than be so MIA.

That was a sweet moment where the four man stand side by side and Brooke thanks them for always being there for her and for helping her to feel that she is not alone. Do you hear yourself, Brooke? Anyone of them is worth one billion Ridges. 

image.thumb.png.016dfa695c4460f040a8c3120ffd36ab.png

Speaking of, the only part I was sorely tempted to FF was when Ridge appeared but I watched as KKL looked even more gorgeous in the red dress. But my goodness, if it has to be Ridge that is her "destiny," why could it not be Ronn back in the role? 

Because this?

Brooke-Ridge-kiss-dream-BB-HW.jpg?resize

Cannot hold a candle to this:

intro-1648131948.webp

• Love 17

I don’t believe for one second that Finn and Steffy have this amazing love for each other. It actually makes me a bit nauseous to see them kiss, etc. Not buying it at all. And what in the hell has Brooke been wearing?! Why are they doing this to that lovely woman?

• Love 8

I don’t know if people call it sucking face any more but Stuffy would be the poster child with those lips. 

It’s easy to see that Stuffy is Ridge’s daughter. That are both tyrannical dictators. 

Brooke please stop whipping yourself. Ridge is not worth it.  Next Brooke will start  wearing sackcloth and ashes. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t believe for one second that Finn and Steffy have this amazing love for each other.

From day one, Sinn was always written with the air that Brad Bell would rather be writing anything else. Namely, round 42069 of Steam versus Lope, but even the part of the Steffy fanbase who love to see Hope tortured are over that bullshit.

Finn could've been the Nick to Steffy's Brooke with the teeniest amount of effort and while I'm sure his introduction on the show a week before the show closed up for COVID didn't help, I doubt that other than writing in JMW's pregnancy so soon into their relationship, little else would've changed.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

I know I’ve written this before but with all of the young, handsome, talented men in Hollywood looking for a chance at a good acting possibility, these people chose this guy (Liberty/Bibberty) to get married to Steffy?! If that isn’t the biggest middle finger to all of these viewers, I don’t know what is.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 3/27/2022 at 5:19 AM, Anna Yolei said:

I won't lie,Clayton Norcross as Thorne was damn beautiful and I'm mad we were robbed of a Brooke/Thorne pairing between those two.

Thorne #2 hasn't done much for me,but I admit I've only seen a few scattered clips of him.

I've memory holed IR's blessedly short tenure.

I didn't start watching until after Clayton's tenure so I only "discovered" him in the classic episodes they've been uploading for the past few months. And wow, he was beautiful. I cannot believe Caroline, to whom he was devoted during their marriage, actually left him for his cheating, rapist brother. He and Brooke colluding should've been the lead-up to a romance between them.

One funny thing I observed from the Winsor Harmon interview for his return - he talks about wearing Speedos, and I do remember his Thorne wearing them, but Clayton's Thorne hasn't, despite numerous pool scenes. I figured it was meant to showcase Ridge as this sexually confident uber playboy in contrast to his little brother, but maybe it was Clayton's personal choice. (Not sure why, the man looks damn good in and out of clothes.)

The less said about IR (in every aspect, not just his short stint on this show), the better.

Edited by Aymery
  • Love 4

I'm gonna have to rewatch those season one clips because I'm certain Norcross wore Speedos a few times. You know, for uh..... research. Yeah, that's it. ;)

8 hours ago, Aymery said:

I cannot believe Caroline, to whom he was devoted during their marriage, actually left him for his cheating, rapist brother.

Speaking of that, I've know about this horrid story for decades, but the second hand account didn't do it justice on how absolutely horrid it really was. Especially when the writers had enough awareness to have Eric point out to Thorne that she may have been having PTSD about the *other* rape she'd just been through when she started pulling away. The fact that they draw parallels to that makes it so much worse.

I hate it here :[

8 hours ago, Aymery said:

The less said about IR (in every aspect, not just his short stint on this show), the better.

That might be the one recast even worse than TK, and that bar is so high it's visible in space.

From Jupiter.

Good riddance.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

That might be the one recast even worse than TK, and that bar is so high it's visible in space.

The above was about Ingo Rademacher.  Did he chem test with any of the other actors before being cast as Thorne, or was IR hired solely based on his General Hospital name recognition/fame?

• Love 3

Well color me surprised that Steffy is actually outraged, as is Thomas, about Sheila's NYE shenanigans and that she made a beeline for Finn to tell him all about his evil bio-mom. Should have been a beeline to Brooke, but it's better than I thought. Of course, that means a Bridge reunion, which blech to that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

And color me even more surprised that Steffy confronted Sheila and read her for filth for attacking Brooke in the worst possible way on NYE.

giphy.gif

I actually like her in her righteous fury. 

But cornering a psychopath is very, very dangerous. JMW did a great job as realization dawned even as she got right in Sheila's face. This is a baby garter snake taking on a King cobra. 

I'm gonna guess Sheila takes Steffy out (coma storyline) and Thomas freaks out and keeps his mouth shut. Except Finn knows and will Sheila take out her own son to keep him quiet and get her clutches on her grandchild?

• Love 12

Lurch is actually sticking up for Brooke and condemning Shiela’s actions.  It looks like Stuffy’s hatred of Shiela might to out trump her wanting her parents to be together.  I said might because Stuffy wants her cake and eat it too. Don’t tell Ridge what Shiela did but still keep It a secret from her father. Nah, that’s not Stuffy’s style. Stuffy it’s not very wise to threaten a unbalanced woman. Shiela just might do what Ally tried to do. 

Can someone tell me why it’s ok for Ridge to have Taylor in his life while it’s not ok for Brooke to have Deacon in her life?  

• Love 9

I’m enormously disappointed in Brooke still crying, moaning, groaning and begging that slob, Ridge, to come back to her. Give me a freaking break, writers. She’s an educated, accomplished woman who is crying all day, every day because she’s losing this awful excuse for a human being. This would have made sense to the viewers in the 1950’s or 1960’s or even the 1970’s. Get a clue, writers. Women are more advanced now, haven’t you heard??!!

• Love 11

As far as IR goes on B&B, he might have had one or possibly two lines in the last few months he was on the show. That whole business with Katie and asking her to marry him after about 3 1/2 seconds was bullshit. I was embarrassed for him and for this show.

• Love 4

Yeah. I am also sick of Brooke. She is really starting to sound unhinged. Geez, her wardrobe just keeps getting worse by the day. What's with the heavy, sleeveless, shapeless, gray wool duster thing over an equally drab and unflattering blouse and pants? She is making Taylor's choppy wig, mom jeans and chemise tops look like the epitome of high fashion. 

And now, Brooke's days aren't worth living if Ridge isn't in them. Then, the smirk on that disheveled hobo's face after she said it. If Brooke's sixth sense is so acute that she now suspects "outside evil forces at work," then why wasn't she able to figure out that she was drinking the real deal champagne on NYE? 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Love 9

I wonder if JMW is going on maternity leave soon and Sheila figures in to her exit? Usually, Brad Bell drags out a secret for years but Steffy has already found out about what Sheila has done. It looks like Sheila was going to pounce on Steffy in the alley that everyone seems to be hanging out lately. Now, I’m trying to figure out how day player waiter plays in to all of this. He sure had a lot of air time today so I’m guessing he will play in to the storyline. Also, JMW hides her pregnancy’s well. She barely ever shows. Of course, a winter coat and crates in an alley really help. LOL!!!!

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

Brooke is playing right into Ridge's hands. The smirk of satisfaction on that creepazoids face after Brooke left made me want to slap the shit out of him. Yep, Ridge is right back where he wants to be; two women panting after him, declaring their undying love and devotion. And he gets to hang out and enjoy the show, with no emotional complications at all. I absolutely hate him. 

OOPSY! Steffy might be fixing to find out how it feels to be clocked upside your head with a tire iron. Sheila doesn't like interference, and her plans are not panning out, so Steffy's threats are going to send that loon over the edge. Will she kidnap Steffy like she did James? Or will she just knock her out and dump the body somewhere? Then Steffy will wake up with amnesia.  

Finn is just too stupid for words "It is probably just a misunderstanding." Right. Your wife just told you what she overheard her brother discussing with your mom, and no dumbass, there was no misunderstanding. Looks like Finn is about to get his education in the real deal Sheila. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

The end of today’s show was overcome by Biden. Did anyone else get to see if Steffy got shot by Shiela?

Oops! Sheila is the correct spelling.

It’s not cliffhanger Friday yet!  Lol  No she didn’t shoot her….yet….

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Manipulative sociopath path Stuffy?  It takes one to know one. I don’t get it. Shiela is manipulating Ridge to be with Taylor but isn’t Stuffy trying to do the same?  The same goal with two different perspectives. 

For a semi attractive woman, Stuffy has a really ugly soul. 

• Love 5

I'm going to give JMW props for portraying fear when Sheila was right in her face. But being the insufferable barracuda she is, she just HAD to try to fluff up her feathers and try talking tough to the one person who will DEFINITELY make her "find out" after effing around. 

Since when does that alley open up to the side of the highway? There was so much traffic noise I expected a semi to come barreling at them.  Stuffy, you in danger Girl! 

I'm not even going to talk about Brooke. Her instinct to let Grudge go was spot on and she should've run with it. 

• Love 11

Steffy you're in a dark alley with a dangerous sociopath. Just agree and run, then go tell everyone. 

I liked Taylor a lot today with the jokes. 

Interesting Bridget is suddenly in town. 

• Love 7

I thought the same thing about Bridget. Some of these promised upcoming "twists" included a big surprise for Deacon, so I assume that's what's going on. Also, there was also a recent CBS group photo that included AJ. 

Hope sounded excited to see Bridget, so maybe we'll get some long-awaited (and needed) scenes between those two. Also, I was pretty gleeful that now Hope can barely conceal her boredom and frustration at listening to Brooke's tired stories day after day. Liam acted like Brooke is nuts when she was going on about the "outside forces" keeping Ridge and her apart. 

Did anybody here Hope mumble, "Now I'll have backup," when Brooke announced that Bridget was back in town? Hee! 

Yes! Taylor's hair was about 3-4" longer today.  KA definitely brings a much-needed lightness to the character, but it is hard to reconcile this version of Taylor with the cray-cray who shot Bill and outed the Brill pregnancy at a party. 

Sheila was toting some kind of black leather tote bag with her at Il Giardino that she was treating rather gingerly by placing it on the bar instead of the stool next to her. Wanna bet she's toting a gun?  Does the sun set in the west? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
17 hours ago, Artsda said:

Steffy you're in a dark alley with a dangerous sociopath. Just agree and run, then go tell everyone. 

I liked Taylor a lot today with the jokes. 

Interesting Bridget is suddenly in town. 

Bridget. I don’t even think I saw it in the soap press. It was very random. She’s working the hospital so they needed another doctor to use. This does not look good. LOL!!!!!

• Love 2

Wait, was that the event that changes everything & has never been done before?? Because, I can’t swear to it, but I feel confident that in the history of soaps, a parent has accidentally shot his/her child & killed him/her. Did maybe Paul Williams on Y&R accidentally shoot & kill his son with Eva Longoria? 

These dipshits, Sheila is for real crazy ~ for real! ~ don’t go meeting her in an alley, alone. And, Steffy, for a supposedly bright girl, you’re a complete moron. Why would you talk to Sheila like that, needling her about what you’re going to take away from her, when you know she’s crazy, much less when you are alone, in an alley? Idiot. 

Either way, the last original story that B&B had was Maya, & they totally wasted that.

• Love 14

It was kind of funny when Finn ran into the scene. It was like a toddler running into the family room. That said, the set is small and there isn’t much room to run but it was still funny.

So I guess Finn is dead-dead. Unfortunately, the actor was horrible and too boring for a soap. I am curious how this plays out now. Will Sheila shoot up Steffy (doubtful) or just kidnap her (possible) or under five waiter jumps her in the alley to save Steffy (maybe). All in all, not a horrible cliffhanger and I’m looking forward to Monday. That’s something I haven’t said in a long, long time. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Today started out really good with Shiela grabbing Stuffy by the lapels and pushing her up against the dumpster. For those of you who watch Y&R, that’s Phillis’s favorite spot, up against a dumpster, to have sex. 

From that point forward, it’s all contrivance. How did Finn know that Stuffy and Shiela were in the ally. Also Finn shows up in the nick of time to take a bullet for Stuffy. At that point, Shiela has nothing to loose in shooting Stuffy. Stuffy should had been shot and gone into a coma until she comes back from another maternity leave. Now that’s killing two birds in one scene 😜

Random thought:  Did we fall for a April Fool’s prank and Shiela was just dreaming. 

Edited by Waldo13
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7

I mean...I called this exact scenario happening when Sheila showed up at the Sinn wedding.  Finn was either going to die a hero or become the villain with his Sheila Carter genes activating to facilitate a Steam reunion. 

1 hour ago, Waldo13 said:

At that point, Shiela has nothing to loose in shooting Stuffy. Stuffy should had been shot and gone into a coma until she comes back from another maternity leave. Now that’s killing two birds in one scene 😜

THIS. Sheila pulled a gun on Steffy with intent before Finn went down.  You telling me that Sheila in his grief stricken rage would not have IMMEDIATELY lashed out at Steffy and blamed her for Finn's death by shooting her dead as well?  She totally would've. And can you imagine that scene?  Finn waking to see Steffy laying next to him bleeding out, he looks to Sheila to beg her to call for help only she doesn't, Steffy wakes up and she and Finn fingers reaching for each other, each saying they love each other only for Finn to fade and die first and Steffy gasping, struggling, looks to Sheila and then passes out as well with the audience thinking they both died?  That's a better cliffhanger.  If Sheila didn't shoot Steffy this episode then she ain't shooting her.  Show may surprise me though.

Given the Sinn Sexy times earlier this week, money is Steffy will be pregnant and Sheila's obsession begins anew with trying to make up for killing Finn by 'protecting' his baby and Hayes from Steffy. And I'm also betting Sheila will try to kidnap the Hayes or the new baby if it makes it.

Finn lasted less than 2 years. If this is an April fool's prank I'd be mightily impressed. We could always end up with his evil twin that Sheila gave away at birth so Tanner keeps a job and Steffy has a love interest.  But I wonder if Finn was meant to be a transition dude for Steffy to finally end up with Bill. HT's Katie has been MIA; girlfriend didn't even comfort Brooke during her NYE spiral so something seems up there. 

• Love 7

This has to be the worst shooting scene I’ve ever seen on a soap and that includes all of the 50 years that I’ve watched soaps. Why didn’t Sheila shoot Finn in the left side of his chest where his HEART is? Why did Steffy keep yelling to him to breathe, hang on, don’t go, etc instead of calling 911?!!! This was so poorly written that we just need to stop watching or hoping it will get better. There is no hope for B&B. My only hope is that Sheila shoots Steffy dead and then shoots herself dead.

• Love 15

What in cheese-tactic hell did I watch?

I FF through the Ridge and Taylor boring blathering. 

The initial scenes of Steffy realizing she was in way over her head and Sheila being her vintage, chilling villainess best were promising. 

But then there was the silent movie bit where it went to a laughably bad place with horrible slow mo and OTT music. 

With Finn rushing in like Mighty Mouse to save the day, except how, exactly did he know where Steffy was or Sheila? Oh just go with it, CG, you’ve been doing it for decades where show is concerned.

I cackled when Finn was shot, the pinkish-red nail polish dripping from his mouth was just so little effort. Steffy scrunching up her face, pretending to cry and taking a good 5 minutes to call 9-1-1 while her hubby’s nail polish, I mean, blood drained away. I loved how the “blood” had already dried on her fingers when she finally dialed, leaving no trace of blood behind. Makeup really phoned  it in. 

I’ve seen high school plays with better acting. This wasn’t even so bad it’s good. It was just…bad. 

It could, of course, be just a dream. More like a nightmare, for the viewers, who actually braved watching this cringiest of episodes. 

• Love 10

The only good thing I can say about that awful closing scene is that I am impressed that KB was able to so perfectly reenact the time she shot Taylor. Same facial expression and reactions; same grip on the gun. Whole nine yards. 

The rest of it was gawd-awful, especially with Steffy's scrunched up face, gaping mouth and saucer-eyes. Loved Finn "collapsing" onto the beanbag trash bags.  I almost think TN was playing it in a comedic mode. Well, buh-bye, bro. It wasn't must fun while it lasted (too long.)

So, if Finn dies, then we'll have to have Liam over at the Cliff House all the time, helping Kelly "get through it ," blah, blah, blah. Then he'll have to always going over there to "check" on poor grieving Steffy.  Ya reap what ya sow, girl. Too bad Sheila didn't take that one out at the same time. So, I surmise that Steffy is going to take off with the kids and go into an extended period of mourning off-screen somewhere during JMW's maternity leave.

That's why it would have made more sense for Steffy to be the victim. Couldn't TPTB take TN off contract for six months or for however long? I didn't care for Finn, but I HATE the idea of another ToD 2.0 more. At this point, yeah, let's go for Still Redux!

• Love 12
On 3/30/2022 at 4:28 PM, Gam2 said:

I’m enormously disappointed in Brooke still crying, moaning, groaning and begging that slob, Ridge, to come back to her. Give me a freaking break, writers. She’s an educated, accomplished woman who is crying all day, every day because she’s losing this awful excuse for a human being. This would have made sense to the viewers in the 1950’s or 1960’s or even the 1970’s. Get a clue, writers. Women are more advanced now, haven’t you heard??!!

I watched the Brick wedding yesterday, which initially got paused thanks to Stephanie's manipulations involving an ad with Brooke in her lingerie. Most of the episode involved a fairly well written argument in which Brooke rightfully points out that she enjoyed her work and Forrester and that she shouldn't be with a husband who was ashamed of what she did for a living. Nick wasn't wrong to be concerned about the Forresters being manipulative, but ultimately Brooke was right to ask him to trust her.

It was such a departure from the weepy, crying mess she's been for the last three months and counting over a man who was never worth her time and attenton to begin with, one who has become decidedly worse in recent years.

• Love 8