Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Wasn't that Hope? Or have they both done it?

Both; Brooke's tumble was many years ago, she had come to the Forrester Manse to see Ridge who was out by the pool, and if I remember correctly, Ridge playfully shoved her and she fell and hit her head on the side of the pool. I don't think anyone saw Hope fall in, all I can remember is Nick finding her, and him being blamed by all involved.

I remember (well, I know) about Nick rescuing Hope when she was younger, but I thought there was also a time when Thomas & Steffy were also there and Liam rescued Hope? She was high on medication too I think. Gosh this Hope bird is such a klutz!

Great to see you back St3phForrester, I have missed your Aussie snark!

D'aww thanks RuntheTable :D I'm not sure if I'll watch this week's episodes either, depends on who's affected by the Hopeapalooza. I thought I saw a flicker of $Bill in a grey sweater, maybe I'll tune in to see that.

C'mon show. How contrived was it to have Hope follow Quinn out to the garden so she could roll down that flight of stairs.

You guys snarking about this is reminding me of Beth's fatal swim in the Forrester pool & how Stephanie was crucified for killing Mama Logan when it was a (preventable) accident.

Bill is the male Stephanie.

Watching DD & SF work together was great, it was like watching Sherlock and Moriarty.

This "story" comes from one particular website whose bloggers and members absolutely hate KKL and KM.

Is this the website whose name would sink ships? That site is awful and they always post false spoilers. Pooh-pooh to them!
  • Love 3

Pregnant ladies wear heels all of the time! But flats wouldn't have helped her. She wasn't even moving and she lost her footing over nothing

At least she didn't miscarry via tripping over a potted plant....

• Love 2
Are we really talking about the same person? The Paragon of Virtue? Heroine to the Multitudes? I know she's just playing a role on this show, but I just cannot even begin to imagine "Hope Logan" talking dirty and sexing it up. What movie was this?! Something straight to video, no doubt.

Dawn Patrol, with Jeff Fahey and Scott Eastwood (yes, that would be Clint's son). I couldn't imagine it either, then someone had a link to the movie on youtube and I watched. Yes, our Little Ms. was "fucking" it up all over and had some good hot sex right on top of the kitchen sink.

Oddly enough, I didn't find the movie all that bad; just maybe a little low budget.

• Love 2

I'd be interested in a Hope recast for 2 reasons: to see if a different actress would make the character less annoying, or if the writers would change the character up a bit with a new actress. 

• Love 3

10 seconds of trying to hear the heartbeat, and then exit stage left? That's some good bedside manner Doc.

Hey Quinn - spit it out - cause Lame is comforting your beloved DIL (and making it all about them) while Foghorn Leghorn is sitting there shooting the breeze with you.

Was I the only one yelling at Liam for picking up a person who has tumbled down 139 stairs?

• Love 7

And we have the third place winner. Although Liam not TEXTING Wyatt is a close fourth.

Come on now. If Liam texted Wyatt you know he would've read it while driving and crashed and Quinn would make it somehow be Liam's fault.

I kid. Mostly.

At least the dude called Wyatt. If it were reversed I doubt Wyatt would do the same.

KM's last day is Friday and no plans to recast? Huh. Well, Liam has Ivy at least. All poor Wyatt's got is his momma.

• Love 7

I'd be interested in a Hope recast for 2 reasons: to see if a different actress would make the character less annoying, or if the writers would change the character up a bit with a new actress. 

No thanks, I'd rather they save the money to bring Dayzee and Bridget back.

• Love 3

KM's last day is Friday and no plans to recast? Huh. Well, Liam has Ivy at least. All poor Wyatt's got is his momma.

No more Hope for the future! Yay! Now I pray that they'll let Quinn behave like a normal person because the constant crazy was too much and she's way too good of an actress to waste on that fucking Hope crap. Please, please, please show: enough with the obsession over one character and the weakest one at that. It sucks!

• Love 10

Hope had no injuries to the face because it was JumboHope who fell down the stairs.

When Liam picked her up I thought a Hope is paralyzed by an idiot story line was coming. I also thought they should have played the Lord of the Rings music while Liam screams " I can't carry the baby for you but I can carry you ! " 

Color me surprised that the writers had Hope remember what happened, not that it will make a difference to anyone.

Thanks St3phForrester for the  count of Bill's pictures, it still feels like more to me ;)

Hey, I'm thankful that stories are being rotated these days, instead of having two months straight of As the World Turns around Hope Logan.

ATWT is still an open wound for me. (I miss the unkillable Paul Ryan)

Heck, he probably wears his mommy's clothes himself.

That was only when Amber made him.

Kia112 you are correct about which scene made it to air.

Edited by Gudzilla
  • Love 4

Alright, I'm calling it: Liam killed the baby by hauling Hope up the stairs and all that jostling to get her to the hospital ASAP. They'd never go there, but they damn well should. I'm still shaking my head at that buffoonery.

I thought it was worse than buffoonery. It was really irresponsible to show Liam doing what he did, IMO. But, I guess that was cheaper than paying for a couple of day players to act as EMTs.

• Love 5

Like some of you, I was screaming at the TV when Liam picked up Hope. This just proves that the writers have the collective IQ of a gnat. And could that awful doctor run out of the room any quicker? How unprofessional. "Oh, your baby is dead. Bye. I have my lunch break".

• Love 15

I felt sorry for Hope today - so kudos (I guess) to KM - this is the first time I've actually felt anything in any scene she's done. (Other than irritation...)  And I honestly felt sorry for Quinn and Wyatt, too.  Just don't get me started on Liam - though you all have covered that pretty well.

In the ER, couldn't Liam have just said 'she's my sister-in-law and we're trying to contact her husband'?  That would make him family, with a right to be there... 

• Love 7
Somebody said way upthread that Liam's actions are making her root for Quinn, and I've got to agree on that count. At least Quinn is certifiably crazy. What's his excuse?

That would be me, and nothing has changed.

I didn't watch yet, I hope the insensitive doctor wasn't Dr. Holden Snyder!

No, it was a woman I have never seen before, but she acted like a robot as she smiled at Hope and said "Ooops, so sorry! But I don't hear a thing", when she was giving  Hope a sonogram to listen for the baby's heartbeat.

As I watched Liam sprint up those steps with the injured Princess, I kept waiting for the Rocky music to cue, or maybe Celine Dion's "The Way You Loved Me". 

What was up with Quinn flashing back as she stood at the top of the stairs?

I am so annoyed with Liam; his paranoia is completely over the top, and he was totally crushed when Hope admitted Quinn didn't push her. Although, I didn't miss that Hope wasn't going to let Quinn get off scott free when she said "We were arguing, Quinn left and I was upset, and must have lost my footing". No, you didn't lose your footing because you were upset, you lost your footing because you were wearing ten inch heels. But Hope won't admit that; somehow she has to make this Quinn's fault, or because of something Quinn did. 

Mr. RuntheTable shocked me last night when he commented "This crap is for the birds. I would rather see Ridge and Bill fighting, or some good angsty hair smelling". I knew there was a reason I love him. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 10

The doctor was an older Asian woman.  Because everyone knows that the extra on soap operas are always Asian for anything medical related, and black for anything law enforcement or courtroom related.  Rolls eyes. 

It's a bit ridiculous to me that this is Los Angeles, and there has not been one regular Asian character on this show since Lindsay Price maybe 10 years or so ago.  And I know there's almost no chance this show would actually cast an Asian male.  The only regular Asian male characters on soap operas that I know of were Keemo Abbott and Ji Min Kim on Y&R, and they didn't last very long at all.

I'm assuming that once Kim Matula departs, Hope goes off canvas to rest or whatever.  Where does that leave Wyatt and Quinn and Deacon?  Their entire life on this show revolves around Hope.  Or Liam?  Maybe they all disappear.

• Love 4

GH has an Asian character.  They sabotaged him from the start but from what I can tell, he's still around.  I did love Ji Min, back in the day though. (A good actor and nice to look at it, so of course he had to die.)

ETA:  Unfortunately the callous doctor seemed in character to me.  But I thought a celebrity like Hope would have merited some extra attention.  And speaking of the ER, does Hope always give her name as Hope Logan, not Spencer or Logan-Spencer?  (edited again ;-) because evidently Wyatt is really a Spencer, not a Fuller anymore)

Edited by tessaray
  • Love 1

It's also amazing that a show about the fashion industry in Los Angeles has no gay characters.

Wyatt is a Fuller, not a Spencer

But didn't Quinn talk $Bill into letting Wyatt be designated a Spencer? I never understood what that was all about.

• Love 3

Yes, Hope is supposed to be world famous, to the point where she gets chased by papparazzi whenever the show remembers that she's supposed to be this irresistible celebrity.  I agree that I thought the doctor was in character, it was hilarious to me how she just said "there's no heartbeat, I'm sorry" and then she and her staff just turn around and walk out with nary a further word.  I don't think pregnant celebrities get special treatment at hospitals unless they make their own arrangements.  Some years back a friend of mine was a medical resident in OB.  A former Tiger Beat type teen idol on some show from the 1980s came in with his wife who was in labour.  He started barking out instructions, saying he wanted a security guard posted at either end of the hall and one outside the room.  The staff just looked at him blankly and he did the old "do you know who I am" thing.  He was told to go hire his own security guards.  As for Hope, I suppose this was one of the times where the show decided that she's not as famous as she supposedly is.

I too, am fairly certain, that he's now Wyatt Spencer, even though he's still listed as Fuller in the credits.

• Love 1

Well, it's happened three times now.  Liam was Liam Cooper (Cooper was his mom's name) and they changed his name almost as soon as the paternity results came in to William Spencer III.  

Marcus was Marcus Walton (Walton being his adoptive parents' name) and he was adopted by Eric Forrester and promptly became Marcus Forrester.  Never talked about the Waltons ever again, and never considered changing his name to Marcus Barber once his birth father Justin came back into the picture.  He called Eric "Dad" and Justin "Pops" and pretended like he had never heard of these Walton people.

And now Wyatt has become Wyatt Spencer.  No doubt a large part of that was because that's what Quinn wanted, but still.

• Love 6

I think anyone can change their name for pretty much any reason.  It's how the basketball player Ron Artest became Metta World Peace.  And didn't some joke candidate who was running for office legally change his name to "None of the Above"?

In addition to the copious montages... is it me, or is the stock L.A. aerial footage increasing in length?  Yesterday we were treated to extended shots of.... a freeway. Seriously, it's a 22 minute show.  I appreciate seeing the exteriors of the buildings or houses (Brooke's House, Forrester, Quinn's factory) to set the scene.  But the random shots of a freeway or a building downtown.... so much filler.  Between the montages and the stock footage Bradley probably only needs to write a 17 minute show, and he's apparently having trouble doing that.

• Love 6

In this week's Soap Opera Digest, Scott Clifton mentions the "copious montages." Even the cast can't stand all the flashbacks.

I have mixed emotions on the flashbacks/montages.  I really don't like the music they pick for them but they have been interesting for me, as I've been watching for much less than a year.  If they are done well, they are a shorthand for the characters backstory and an alternative to loads of exposition in the dialog. (Which makes sense for the foreign market, too.)  I assume the main reason they do them is to save money.  Considering how the other soaps look so cheap, if they have to do them to go on location - or even outside - then okay by me.  I can live with it. 

They could mix them up a little, though.    

• Love 2

It seems that 95% of the montages involve Hope.  Hope with Liam on the beach.  Hope and Liam laughing.  Hope and Wyatt and his trailer.  Hope in Paris in the park, getting stood up.  We just saw the Hope and Wyatt jumping into the ocean clip for what, the 50th time now?

We used to have a Liam and Steffy montage on a near daily basis.  But once Jacqueline Wood quit, they stopped.  So hopefully once Kim Matula exits, even if they recast, it's buh-bye to all that "wonderful" Hope and Liam and Hope and Wyatt footage for the montages.  Bradley must be crying right now.  

But you know what this means.  More and more and MORE of Rick and Maya on that median strip on Rodeo Drive!  More Rick and Maya on the couch!

Edited by blackwing
  • Love 1

But you know what this means.  More and more and MORE of Rick and Maya on that median strip on Rodeo Drive!  More Rick and Maya on the couch!

Surely they must have some Caroline/Ridge montages in the works?

• Love 3

But you know what this means.  More and more and MORE of Rick and Maya on that median strip on Rodeo Drive!  More Rick and Maya on the couch!

They have 4-5 months of Rick and Maya stuff to pull from, but they keep doing that Rodeo Drive one, don't they?  We get it.

• Love 1

In all seriousness, it's time to get a new doctor if that's how you're treated. I had 2 miscarriages before having my 2 kids and both times (in different states), the nurses and docs were very supportive and kind. So, I found that dismissive doctor scene a real disservice to the profession.

I meant for the ER.  No doubt Hope's personal physician will be much more supportive.  It would have helped to have a one liner about them getting in touch with her regular doctor.  

• Love 1

In addition to the copious montages... is it me, or is the stock L.A. aerial footage increasing in length?  Yesterday we were treated to extended shots of.... a freeway. Seriously, it's a 22 minute show.  I appreciate seeing the exteriors of the buildings or houses (Brooke's House, Forrester, Quinn's factory) to set the scene.  But the random shots of a freeway or a building downtown.... so much filler.  Between the montages and the stock footage Bradley probably only needs to write a 17 minute show, and he's apparently having trouble doing that.

I honestly like all the LA shots but the other day there was a shot of trains. And then we saw the outside of Quinn's factory/studio. So was that to establish that Quinn is on the wrong side of the tracks?

• Love 3

I'm trying to figure out Deacon's motivation.  Why is even still here?  Is he just biding his time waiting for Brooke to get back from wherever she is so he can propose to her?  I gagged yesterday when he was talking to Wyatt and telling him that Wyatt doesn't understand the things a parent will do for their child, and that when Wyatt and Hope have their baby that he will understand.  I had to rewind to make sure I heard him right.  Deacon, absentee loser sperm donor, telling Wyatt about what it's like to be a good parent?  The father who wasn't around for 16 years and is now father of the year?  The father who deliberately sabotaged his own daughter's wedding in Italy.  Yeah.  He's the perfect person to be giving parenting advice.  I don't understand why Wyatt didn't respond to that.

Deacon is so gross.  The actor has really porked out, he's like Thorne in putting on the pounds.  And at 50 years old, isn't he a bit too old to have that floppy hairstyle?  I fear that they are rehabilitating him to be one of Bell A's most outstanding citizens?  Why?  He was always a con man.

• Love 2

I think Hope might weigh more than Liam.

Stunt Hope certainly did !

Now that Hope has miscarried I wonder if she'll be as quick on the "No baby means we can be together" thing as she was when Steffy miscarried.  

• Love 5

They have 4-5 months of Rick and Maya stuff to pull from, but they keep doing that Rodeo Drive one, don't they? We get it.

I'm cool with it because I've never actually seen these scenes. I'm Canadian so I have nowhere to catch up on my ships but it is strange that a half-hour show is so damn flashback-y. I swear one day I actually saw them flashback on something that happened in the same episode.

• Love 11

RS and SK were really rocking the scenes today. I almost felt sorry for Quinn.

I see the good doctor redeemed herself.

This whole storyline seems like a lather-rinse-repeat of Steffy's accident and subsequent miscarriage.

I wish that they'd wind up this junior varsity drivel and get back to Ridge-Caroline-Rick-Maya. FINALLY, a quadrangle worth watching.

• Love 11