Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Oh, Eric, has Rick come a long way? Has he recommitted to his marriage? Does he want what's best for Forrester Creations? I didn't quite catch it when you said it for the fiftieth fucking time in a half hour episode. Christ in an outdoor bathtub, is Eric ever working my last nerve.

Can Rick really ask Eric to sign a paper like that? I know Ridge is a major league douche, but I can't cheer on Rick either. I find the character increasingly repulsive, though I did have to chuckle at his cut-rate villian revenge speech. His grand plan can only work if Eric, Caroline, and Ridge are made painfully, purposefully stupid.

• Love 7

I see Brooke and Bill as some writer's wet dream. Random and stupid IMO. What they built with Batie took months and it was organic and methodical and a very slow burn. Bill for the first time on the show really unpeeled his personality with Katie and their takeover story hit all the right marks, with Katie finally being the star and the bride instead of the bridesmaid. Finally someone to see little Katie Logan as more than Brooke and Donna's little sister, and with one swipe of Brooke Logan they undid all that goodwill and magic to make him another notch on Brooke's belt. Batie were so refreshing and unique and they just ruined it, all that build up and investment in story for nothing. Gah! So disenchanted. Blergh.

• Love 6

Can Rick really ask Eric to sign a paper like that? I know Ridge is a major league douche, but I can't cheer on Rick either. I find the character increasingly repulsive, though I did have to chuckle at his cut-rate villain revenge speech. His grand plan can only work if Eric, Caroline, and Ridge are made painfully, purposefully stupid.

Well, Eric is already stupid, so no work there.  I too was surprised when he just asked Eric to sign it, though.  What's the purpose of getting secret lawyers and meeting in secret condos if he was just going to ask outright?

• Love 2

I really hope he doesn't sign it and surely Carter will advise him not to. Who in their right mind would want to make that role irrevocable? Plus, Rick is totally committing fraud so he just needs to shut up. I can't wait until he is found out. At first I wanted him to reunite with Caroline, but now I need them to bring in someone new for her and not Carter.

• Love 3

Caroline is looking so beautiful these days and since they gave Ridge's hair a DAWN shampoo and haircut he is looking a bit younger for her as a match.  Ric's beard emphasizes his triangle shaped face, I swear he could clean out corners with that chin!  Maya is a beautiful looking girl but there is just something about her delivery of lines that is amateur.  Was it her or Dayzee that had the great singing voice.  I miss the Maisie/Thorne singing days, they had great voices!

I get uncomfortable thinking that non-bio family members should be treated differently.  Which is why I didn't like Rick bringing up the fact that Eric is a non-bio parent. 

In Rick's defense, Steffy and Thomas always raved about how they were the real Forresters, Rick just a mere Logan.  So yeah, Rick giving little digs that he is a blood Forrester doesn't bother me. For the record, I don't agree with this in real life, to me they are ALL Forresters, but for show/drama purposes, I don't really care.

• Love 4

In Rick's defense, Steffy and Thomas always raved about how they were the real Forresters, Rick just a mere Logan.  So yeah, Rick giving little digs that he is a blood Forrester doesn't bother me. For the record, I don't agree with this in real life, to me they are ALL Forresters, but for show/drama purposes, I don't really care.

Agreed, IRL fuck it. Family is family irrespective of biology but for the interests of the show the Massimos (or whatever his last name is) have been really ignorant about it and rather deserve their just desserts.

Edited by radishcake
  • Love 2

Guess she's either too blinded by the presents to notice, or doesn't care, as long as she's living large as "the Lead Model for Forrester Creations." (I cannot believe she introduced herself to the lawyer that way! lol...) Maybe it's just mutual using with Rick and Maya and they really couldn't give two figs about each other?

I'm surprised Rick doesn't randomly introduce himself to everyone as CEO at every opportunity. Cause he's totally CEO dontcha know!

• Love 4

It would be so dumb if Eric is actually stupid enough to sign that form.  He should smell the bullshit a mile away with this.  I'm going to throw things at my TV if he's genuinely stupid enough to just be all "OK, sure, I'll give you free reign forever and ever 5 minutes after you tried to sabotage the company for your own petty issues.  Get my good pen so I can sign this sucker!" 

• Love 9

I'm surprised Rick doesn't randomly introduce himself to everyone as CEO at every opportunity. Cause he's totally CEO dontcha know!

Probably not for long. Nobody ever seems to retain the CEO seat for very long on this show. How long did Katie/Batie have it? It's possible that Brooke's successful takeover was the longest running one. Although with Rick trying to tank the line (although I understand it) clearly he doesn't have his mother's business sense. I so wish he could be more Jasper Jacks in his quest for corporate rule. I understand what Caroline did really hurt him but money first, dude. Living well is the best revenge. Let their line thrive, hook up with Maya and run the fucking company like a BOSS and that will be a lot more gratifying than costing Forrester tons of cash. As well then your idiot father won't be bouncing around like a beachball bandying stupid ultimatums.

It would be so dumb if Eric is actually stupid enough to sign that form.  He should smell the bullshit a mile away with this.  I'm going to throw things at my TV if he's genuinely stupid enough to just be all "OK, sure, I'll give you free reign forever and ever 5 minutes after you tried to sabotage the company for your own petty issues.  Get my good pen so I can sign this sucker!"

I think it's very much in line with Eric for him to believe it. This is a man who dumped his wife because she got "fat". He kind of has the "what I say goes" arrogance and entitlement down to a T. Why wouldn't Rick just magically dump his past resentments towards his cheating wife and brother, forgive and forget and go back with her and herald the line they made together as the greatest thing on earth? I mean afterall Eric DID tell him to.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 6

I get so tired of this "insta-love" business.

First, Taylor falls back in love with Ridge literally overnight (TWICE!) leaving both Rick and Whip in the wake. Steffy falls in love with Liam after knocking herself out in the bathtub.

Now this. With Bill.

(I actually liked Batie when they first started out. It was when she started micromanaging and nagging him to death, that I was pulling for him to jump to Brooke.)

• Love 1

Eric needs to go to a home for people with dementia if he signs that paper. Who the eff would sign a document irrevocably making someone CEO? What if the "CEO for life" became schizophrenic, for example, and ordered his employees to dress up like flying monkeys and launch themselves off buildings?

Pencil Dick Rick made me want to barf whining about being betrayed by Caroline after he had sexed up his pop tart in her new fuck flat. And wasn't said Concubine so proud to be a kept woman? BTW, that beard makes Rick look like the star of a high school production of "Gladiator."

• Love 5
At this rate, it looks like all of her men will be spoken for. Except Eric, and Taylor was talking about coming home.........

Oh hell no! Do we really need to see these two go at it again? All the years over Ridge, then Nick, and now Eric?

Fuck no.

And this is probably an UO around here, but I'm not lamenting the loss of Brill. I came to tolerate the pair because of the actors bringing their A game to the role, but I really wished Bill had stuck to his guns about not respecting Brooke, and also for Brooke to put one of her daughters ahead of her cooter.

I don't see it that way. Eric has always treated Ridge like a god, poor Thorne, Felicia, Kristen, Kristen's twin, Rick and Bridget and whoever else. The news that Ridge wasn't his bio-son should in noway diminish his love for him but should at least make him vaguely interested in getting to know his other children and yet, no.

See, I don't think he has. Following the retro eps on Youtube, Ridge seems to think that Eric preferred working with Thorne over him because their styles often clashed (Eric's designs more classic, while Ridge's were more flashy and revealing). Eric was livid to find out that Thorne was considering Bill Spencer's offer to work for him, and likewise held a keen interest in all of Kirsten's work. Stephanie always favored Ridge over the others and her daughters especially---but Eric favoring Ridge over the other kids came much later, like in the early 2000s.

Also, Angela was Kirsten's twin?

• Love 4
I get so tired of this "insta-love" business.

First, Taylor falls back in love with Ridge literally overnight (TWICE!) leaving both Rick and Whip in the wake. Steffy falls in love with Liam after knocking herself out in the bathtub.

Now this. With Bill.

I had a feeling the writers weren't entirely done with Batie....which given the many times we've seen Bridge reunite and Nick going back again to Bridget and the ten thousand failed Lope weddings I don't see a probelm with...but can't it actually get a build up instead of "Oh, BTW i luv u now kthnxz"? By B&B standards, they were together a long damn time with relatively few issues before the PPD and Brooke.

• Love 2

I really enjoy the nonsensical corporate doings on this show.  It's completely ridiculous, but it does move the story along!

I'm still bothered by Bill trying to convince Quinn to jump.  I like him a lot, and possibly think he's very attractive and seems like he kisses well and is good with the snark, but he also tried to talk the mother of his child in to suicide.  Hell, I'd be just as bothered if it was anyone.  And sure, I get that he was upset and sad and angry about losing his grandson, but I just cannot get past it.

Rick has to keep growing his facial hair out.  Otherwise, how could he possibly become the full-on mustache-twirling villain the show seems set on him becoming?

• Love 8

I'm still bothered by Bill trying to convince Quinn to jump.

I would be bothered by this, too, if I could believe it.  Even though I saw it happening, I couldn't believe it, and have written it off as a writer's aberration.  Not just that it was Bill, that it was anybody in their right mind. 

That Deacon is expressing his love and all that stuff makes me think he is going to be written off, along with Quinn, for quite a while.  Don't do this, writers.  Keep him there, but with his original flavor. 

Edited by Unwarranted
  • Love 1

How rich was it listening to Rick lamenting his terrible life, and going on about Caroline, and not understanding how, and I quote, "She could do this to us?", as he stands in his mistress's living room. The very same living room that minutes before, he used for sexual activity with his mistress. The same living room that is part of a bigger apartment that he just awarded to his mistress for keeping her mouth shut and not outing him. Then, Rick gets all puffed up, and states with great bravado, that "I am making a move!" So, of course, I was expecting something like some plan to set up Caroline and Ridge, and make it appear they were having an affair. Or that they were working against Rick and Forrester; something to make them look bad while Rick saves face, and looks like the model son, husband and CEO. But Rick's plan is to try and make Eric sign his company away? How did Rick think he sounded to Eric yesterday? In one voice, he is singing everyone's praises, and we are all one big happy family, then, after the contract arrives, he talks in an entirely different voice. Now we are listening to the Rick we all know and love to hate. Eric has never been that bright, but I certainly hope he can tell by Rick's words about Ridge, and how he has always tried to ruin Rick's life, and blah, blah, blah, that Rick is no where near over any animosity he was feeling. I hope Eric can see this for what it really is; a big FU to him, and how he feels FC's should be run. At the very least he should question the timing and Rick's urgency. Personally, I hope Eric does sign the contract. That will open the door for Ridge and Caroline to collectively thumb their noses at Rick and his CEO position, and walk out to something better. Then, let little Rick and his girl run the company with no designers. Maya will have her CEO, but that is about it. I bet Carter would start looking real good to her again about then. 

I sure hope Maya is paying close attention here and is taking copious notes. Sidepiece needs to remember that Rick once told Caroline that he loved her too, and look what happens when Rick's little ego takes a hit. He lashes out, and doesn't care about any of the consequences, or if innocent people get hurt in his wake. 

Bill makes no sense, but that is ok cause I want Ridge and Katie to end. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 4

Oh hell no! Do we really need to see these two go at it again? All the years over Ridge, then Nick, and now Eric?

Fuck no.

And this is probably an UO around here, but I'm not lamenting the loss of Brill. I came to tolerate the pair because of the actors bringing their A game to the role, but I really wished Bill had stuck to his guns about not respecting Brooke, and also for Brooke to put one of her daughters ahead of her cooter.

See, I don't think he has. Following the retro eps on Youtube, Ridge seems to think that Eric preferred working with Thorne over him because their styles often clashed (Eric's designs more classic, while Ridge's were more flashy and revealing). Eric was livid to find out that Thorne was considering Bill Spencer's offer to work for him, and likewise held a keen interest in all of Kirsten's work. Stephanie always favored Ridge over the others and her daughters especially---but Eric favoring Ridge over the other kids came much later, like in the early 2000s.

Also, Angela was Kirsten's twin?

No, 'cause when Thorne shot him, aside from cheating with Caroline that was one of the issues. Ridge was the golden boy. The other Forrester children have had conversations about his golden boy status. Felicia was the first to say "Fuck it, if you don't care then neither do I" (paraphrasing) and work for Spektra.

• Love 1

Has the blend between Karla's real hair and the fake hair always been this bad?  I never notice stuff like that and I was watching today like, "Erm..."

So, let me get this straight: Rick is CEO, but Eric has the final say on everything.  And this is different from Rick being president how?  What is the purpose?

Rick continues to be so transparent.  He has an agenda item to fire Maya in front of Eric and Caroline?  And no one gives him a side eye?

When Bill was stewing over Katie's "seduction" of Ridge, I was cracking up.  The way he said "seduction" was priceless.

• Love 5

If that sad little performance gets Eric to sign the papers... I can't even. 

I hope Bill's first order of business when he moves back in with Katie is to burn that poetry book along with the red string.  Let's just never speak of the "pomes" and that ratty old string again, show. It never happened.  

• Love 5

Has the blend between Karla's real hair and the fake hair always been this bad?  I never notice stuff like that and I was watching today like, "Erm..."

I don't even know why they put fake hair on her. Her real hair is beautiful enough

• Love 2

Well call me the Opposites Sketch because I think Rick's beard looks sexy as hell. Usually beards don't do it for me but this one and Bill's really work for me. Whatcha got cookin' good lookin'?

Scheming and infidelity make me so happy on soaps. Raya and Batie FTW! I can't believe how excited I am to watch B&B these days, and all it took was getting rid of Brooke and Hope. Who knew?

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 9

I agree slayer2. JY is the only Rick I've known and the beard makes him hella sexy

He's not the only Rick I've known, but he's the only Rick I've liked and I don't like him bare faced.  Not to say that I'm loving this full on beard, either, but he looks icky to me in those flashbacks when he first meets Caroline.

• Love 2

I thought the Katie Ridge breakup scene was nicely done, although it's jarring to see characters on this show act like mature adults. It's also kind of odd for a couple on this show to break up without anything serious happening. Katie was much more likable and Ridge had the right amount of "I'm protesting but not really." and no more "pomes" .

Kudos to Eric for not allowing the (fake) firing of Maya.

• Love 4
Ridge had the right amount of "I'm protesting but not really."

When he left and the door closed behind him, I was surprised he didn't do a little jig. Like Beyoncé sang, if he want it then he shoulda put a ring on it--but of course he doesn't and so he didn't. Now $Bill will come up with some boulder-sized diamond solitaire, just in time for the holidays!

Rick had better be careful with Maya. He's nicely set up a situation where if she's ever actually fired she could sue FC for sexual harassment. Especially when she realizes she's not really runway model material.

• Love 5

I would be bothered by this, too, if I could believe it.  Even though I saw it happening, I couldn't believe it, and have written it off as a writer's aberration.  Not just that it was Bill, that it was anybody in their right mind. 

Great idea - I fully support ignoring things that don't make sense.  This way, my Bill crush can continue!

• Love 4

More Justin and Bill.

http://youtu.be/ycD7eKD4IGE

Thanks for that kia! I never get tired of watching $Bill and Justin shoot the breeze. I really wish they'd give Justin something to do beyond that, that actor is incredible and his voice is dead hot.

No, I can't even stand to look at Sonny, and won't even watch the show when he's on it.

Duly noted and fair enough.

Just like I'm going to ignore Hopeless ever happened.

H-H-H....I'm sorry who? Ohhh! Ho-Ho-Ho! Merry Christmas to you too.

Wow that was one classy break-up! Caught it on youtube, just classy and adult and done right and the Maya/Rick fake breakup was soapy goodness. Way to go B&B, firing on all cylinders this week and Bill pining away? Loving it! What a difference a lack of blonde Logan makes.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 7

I don't understand how time works in Los Angeles - Ridge leaves Katie's place at night; meanwhile, Rick holds a meeting at FC, at night, to fire Maya, and Ridge can't be there because he's at Katie's. At night. Don't these people have other places to be???

Re: Eric being an idiot (here it comes...) I think it's his blind faith in the people he loves that makes Eric look stupid more than him simply being dumb in the first place. It's not that he can't read between the lines, but more that he chooses not to because he believes that people do things for the right reasons - he always thought that Stephanie would do the right thing by other people and then was upset and confused when she did something that ended up hurting them instead. And I think that makes him naive, which is silly for a man his age and especially with his own life experience; he tried this same duping of his wife twice (once with Brooke and again later with Donna - it's how he ended up on the window ledge, after all) - out of everyone involved in this storyline, he in particular should be the one smelling a rat. I thought maybe he was when Rick tried to fire Maya the first time I watched it, but then I watched it again in HD and JMC looked more pleased than suspicious, which was disappointing.

I'm not sure what Brad Bell & Co. are doing with Eric by making him look a fool when the Rick/Maya affair inevitably becomes public - the last time something like this happened was when Aly exposed Wyatt's diamond "heist", and he huffed and puffed but that was about it and all was forgiven in the next scene. Would it kill the writers to do a little bit more introspective stuff with his character, like, show him feeling upset about just the notion that his family could squeeze him out of the company? Have him question his purpose in the world and his reason for waking up every day, if he's not to be involved in FC full-time? There's tons of show history to use, JMC's a decent actor, it would break up the monotony of the endless triangles and provide a deeply personal parallel story to the corporate FC storylines. Anything that would make him a little more interesting and a little less asinine. I want an existential crisis, goddammit!

Anyway, enough about all that. I'm tired of the "I'm so impressed with Rick's maturity and commitment to his marriage" line too, by the by, and normally I cherish all his dialogue.

Eric was livid to find out that Thorne was considering Bill Spencer's offer to work for him, and likewise held a keen interest in all of Kirsten's work.

One of my favourite lines from this show was Stephanie accusing Kristen of seducing her father. Boy did she ever have some complex psychosexual issues!

Raoul stumbled and fell in front of her, she thought it was a proposal and accepted him.

Unwarranted, you are a crack up.

Speaking of Carter, why was he in that meeting?  What is his purpose?

To be sexy as hale, girlfriend. Don't question the sexy.

Now this. With Bill.

I did like HTom/Katie's "Oh Bill, where is this coming from?!" line, because it's exactly what I said. I get that Bill has to get whatever he wants whenever he wants, but what's wrong with rebuilding the Batie relationship slowly, bonding over raising Will, discovering that they actually do get on as friends, and seeing where that takes them? I thought that that was going to happen while KKL was dancing with the stars; now it feels like they're cramming it in at the last minute. Poor, poor, poor.

I'm also going to pretend that Bill trying to get Quinn to jump didn't happen, because that's pretty despicable and also came out of nowhere. $Bill's an A-grade asshole but surely he's not that horrible.

• Love 6

Wow, Katie dumped Ridge. I have been racking my brain to remember if I have ever seen this happen before, and I don't remember a time Ridge has just been booted out the door. I find myself supplanting Ronn Moss in these scenes, and outside of the fact that I cannot see him and Heather Tom together, is the fact that I don't see him pulling this off. TK was great though, what I have come to realize about him is that he does a lot of talking with his eyes and his mannerisms. HT was really good also, and I actually found myself liking Katie for the first time in........well forever. I was glad to hear Katie admit that she and Ridge got together at a bad time in both of their lives, and for all the wrong reasons. Of course, I don't think Katie would have done this if Bill hadn't re-pledged himself to her, but I am glad this terrible union has ended. 

Eric's stupidity lives on. Why would he overturn Rick's desire to fire Maya when he knows her presence upsets his hot new designer? I don't think Eric has given Caroline one iota of thought through this whole mess. First he uses her as a bargaining chip to get his sissified son to grow a pair; now, he is discounting her feelings about her husbands "ex" mistress, while in the same breath calling her the future of Forrester. All the same, that countermand pretty much exhibited to Rick how Eric feels about relinquishing all power to him. 

I am not so sure Ridge and Eric are buying into this crap with Rick. They both know what he is capable of, although this latest scheme makes him the lowest of the low, but they should certainly question this sudden change in Rick; particularly Eric, who is well aware of his ultimatum for Rick to reconcile with Caroline. So, this is twice Rick has betrayed his wife. Hopefully, the nastiness of what he is doing this time will be enough to convince her that he just isn't worthy, and she will kick him to the curb without a backwards glance. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 6

I'm also going to pretend that Bill trying to get Quinn to jump didn't happen, because that's pretty despicable and also came out of nowhere. $Bill's an A-grade asshole but surely he's not that horrible.

Well, he did try to throw Amber off a balcony when she was thought to be preggers with Liam's kid. Telling Quinn to jump is surprising only because I thought he'd owe her one for finally getting Hope outta his sons' lives.

• Love 2

To be sexy as hale, girlfriend. Don't question the sexy.

Thumbs down to Carter and sexy being in the same sentence.  He has a nice body and the actor seems nice enough, but he never had "it" for me.

• Love 2

TK was great though, what I have come to realize about him is that he does a lot of talking with his eyes and his mannerisms

YES he does, and thats why I like him so well. He's not really all that handsome, (maybe in a rugged sort of way), but he definitely has a romantic lead quality that I like. I don't care for the actress portrayal  of Myah at all. Too harsh and phoney, and definitely not romantic. 

• Love 4

I found Maya convincing when reacting to her fake firing.

Rick was completely unconvincing when fake firing her. He was laughably transparent with his eyes darting all over the place and his barely concealed smirk. Fail.

Once again, all the characters have to be dumbed down into buying this blatantly staged scene.

• Love 6

I don't understand how time works in Los Angeles - Ridge leaves Katie's place at night; meanwhile, Rick holds a meeting at FC, at night, to fire Maya, and Ridge can't be there because he's at Katie's. At night. Don't these people have other places to be???

No, they don't :)

Thumbs down to Carter and sexy being in the same sentence.  He has a nice body and the actor seems nice enough, but he never had "it" for me.

Did you see him in the men's fashion show in his pajamas & glasses?  *Sigh*  But that's ok if you don't like him, less competition for me :)

I am not so sure Ridge and Eric are buying into this crap with Rick.

I hope they're not.  Out one side of his mouth he says he's over his anger, but out the other side he's whining about how Ridge is a meanie.  Somebody should be able to see through this.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 1