Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Yes, he did have a newspaper.

I think (on this board at least) liking Carter's looks is a popular opinion, but I do have some unpopular ones...off topic, but I do NOT find Joe "Superman" on Y&R remotely attractive, but I did like Kyle (aka Frankenkyle).  Go figure :)

• Love 1
Caroline keeps saying that Rick is more devoted to their marriage than ever. Does that mean the little twerp is banging both her and Myrna?

Yeah, I wonder why the show hasn't addressed that more specifically? Are they waiting until Crinoline sleeps with Ridge? (Or Carter, if the rumors are true.) Whatever, I have a hard time believing that little punk Rick is so virile that he can satisfy two women at the same time. I'll bet he's sleeping in the guest room because he's still hurting from the betrayal. KMN.

He's not really all that handsome, (maybe in a rugged sort of way), but he definitely has a romantic lead quality that I like.

Plus there's those big hands of his.

FWIW, I don't find Carter all that attractive either. He seems like he's really into his own looks. Back in the day some interwebs posters used to call Olivia on Y&R "Black Barbie"; likewise, Carter comes across to me like "Black Ken"--kind of plastic and always ready to strike a pose.

Eric's stupidity lives on. Why would he overturn Rick's desire to fire Maya when he knows her presence upsets his hot new designer?

Maybe he felt it was a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen.  He did say that what happened between Rick and Maya took two, so she shouldn't be the only one punished.

I loved Katie's and Ridge's breakup, too.  Oddly enough, it was the only time I saw any chemistry between the two of them.

• Love 4
Yeah, I wonder why the show hasn't addressed that more specifically? Are they waiting until Crinoline sleeps with Ridge? (Or Carter, if the rumors are true.) Whatever, I have a hard time believing that little punk Rick is so virile that he can satisfy two women at the same time. I'll bet he's sleeping in the guest room because he's still hurting from the betrayal. KMN.

I have this picture of neither of them making a move on the other and both wondering when the other is going to figure out something is up - that Rick is still pissed and is faking the reunion or that Caroline is too into his brother to go jumping Rick's bones. 

• Love 3

Maybe he felt it was a sexual harassment lawsuit waiting to happen. He did say that what happened between Rick and Maya took two, so she shouldn't be the only one punished.

I loved Katie's and Ridge's breakup, too. Oddly enough, it was the only time I saw any chemistry between the two of them.

I loved that Eric said that. I'm so sick of the disgusting idea that you've had your fun with your mistress so she loses her job and you go back to your wife. Soaps can fuck off with that double standard, glad Eric didn't cave to priveleged convention whether for the purpose of avoiding a lawsuit or not.

Also I vehemently disagree with the idea that Eric isn't considering Caroline in this scenario. Caroline and Ridge are ALL he's considering IMO. It's not like he can't find another designer to spice things up (Felicia comes to mind). Caroline takes on the role of 'rich cheating husband'in this one. She got slapped on the wrist (barely) and told not to do it again which technically could have been code for 'don't get caught' as long as you keep producing.

Sex and falling in love. My opinion has always been that love is the far more terrible transgression, to be honest I probably wouldn't forgive either but I'd have a harder time accepting my spouse falling in love with someone else then just fucking someone, but that's just me.

Some people think sex is the sin of all sins, I can't get with that way of thinking because it's all pretty primal to me but to fall in love with my enemy? Why don't you just stab me in the heart with a rusty knife and get it over with?

Then my father comes in all 'Suck it up, kid." Granted Rick trying to tank the line was fucking crazy as hell but, but understandable and as a father first technically Eric should have tanked the line himself since it basically cost Rick his marriage and destroyed a quasi-family.

For Ridge's part, that POS could have (inexplicably) had anyone he wanted. The show has gone to great pains to illustrate how irresistible he appears to womeb and nothing has even been made of him cheating on Katie with someone young enough to be his daughter after the disaster Katie's just been through.

Never mind that he's cheating with his brother's wife and half using said sister-in-law to get his mojo back. Selfish, jaded ass./Britta Perry.

I'm #TeamRick all the way, his plaaaaaans may not be the most thought out or even that crafty but hell in his position it's the very least I'd do, the very least. If walking out is the ultimate sin one can commit on $Bill then certainly for me it is having your spouse fall in love with another woman/person and then having your father handwave the experience. Gah! Fuck 'em, I say.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4
I loved that Eric said that. I'm so sick of the disgusting idea that you've had your fun with your mistress so she loses her job and you go back to your wife. Soaps can fucknoff with that, glad Eric didn't cave to priveleged convention whether for the purpose of avoiding a lawsuit or not.

I don't think Maya should have lost her job for the affair with Rick, I think she should have lost it for the way she instigated the situation to begin with. She had zero proof that Ridge and Caroline were having a full-blown PIV affair. Yet, she fell all over herself to drop an insinuation bomb at a board meeting mainly so she could break up Rick's marriage. Maya is toxic, IMO, and I continue to be amazed at the leeway she's given to roam the halls stirring up shiat. She's not family and she's only a friggin' model. Why does her behavior always get a pass?

Frankly I think both Rick and Maya should have been fired after the way they rubbed their actual PIV affair in everyone's faces. But I guess that's the way the Forresters roll, starting with Eric and going right on down through the sons.

• Love 6

If Rick and Maya should have been fired then so too Caroline and a very unapologetic Ridge. Hitting on your protege who also happens to be the CEO's wife ain't getting past HR.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

Why is Caroline the one who has to do all the making up here?  Yes, she kissed Ridge.  And yes, that was terrible.  But that's nothing compared to Rick screwing Maya over and over again, moving her into his mother's house, and promoting her to chief consigliere while backstabbing everyone else.  Why doesn't he have to do any of the work to fix the marriage?  Why doesn't he have to take responsibility for his actions? 

The way this is playing out is really sickening, both because Rick is so slimy and gross and because they're writing Eric as sooooo naive.  The downfall for Rick and Maya needs to be epic, though it still won't make up for no one calling Rick out for his behavior.

I'm glad to see Katie and Bill back together.

• Love 8

Oh, there is no way on God's green earth that I could ever condone what Rick is doing. I suppose I am getting lost in all this talk of affairs, and cheating, and betraying. I won't say that Ridge and Caroline didn't cross a line, and I do believe they have feelings for each other. Actually, I am hoping and praying they do, but that is a whole other story. But, they did stop themselves, and admitted what they did, and Caroline tried for weeks to get Rick to talk to her as he was fucking Maya, but Rick's knickers were knocked up to tight, and he just couldn't get the words out. Then, to compound things, he tries to destroy his entire families legacy out of some juvenile, age old rivalry between him and Ridge. I get that Rick wants to protect his mom, but hell, I was watching that shit too, and Brooke was more than a willing participant in anything Ridge wanted to pass her way. Even after all of that, I might have been able to get back on board with Caroline and Rick, but he goes and deals a death blow by playing his wife, while still screwing his sidepiece. Beyond disgusting! Not to mention cruel. I could care less if Rick and Maya are outed, all I care about is Caroline finding out what a rat POS she is married to, and the lengths he will go to in order extract his pound of flesh. And making it 100 times worse is that none of this is about Caroline. The Little Prick is using her to get at Ridge. Looking back, Ridge should have let this little twerp go to prison and rot.

And how long is Caroline supposed to beg and grovel? Is her penitence to last a lifetime? How much punishment is enough? Does this give Rick the green light to carry on with anyone for the entire future? Anything goes and is permissible for Rick because............Caroline kissed Ridge? Whateva!

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 14

Yeah, having her beg Rick for his forgiveness over and over again is so .... disgusting.  I hate that this little man-child hasn't apologized for turning to Maya, as if it was a perfectly acceptable thing to do and something that was ultimately his wife's fault.  Women are not responsible for the behavior of men, writers!!!

• Love 6

Caroline keeps saying that Rick is more devoted to their marriage than ever. Does that mean the little twerp is banging both her and Myrna?

Apparently not according to today's episode. Caroline wanted to get it on to make their reconciliation official.  Rick said he had to go into work but banged sidepiece instead.

• Love 3

Why is Caroline the one who has to do all the making up here?  Yes, she kissed Ridge.  And yes, that was terrible.  But that's nothing compared to Rick screwing Maya over and over again, moving her into his mother's house, and promoting her to chief consigliere while backstabbing everyone else.  Why doesn't he have to do any of the work to fix the marriage?  Why doesn't he have to take responsibility for his actions? 

The way this is playing out is really sickening, both because Rick is so slimy and gross and because they're writing Eric as sooooo naive.  The downfall for Rick and Maya needs to be epic, though it still won't make up for no one calling Rick out for his behavior.

Everyone has called Rick out on his behavior -- Caroline, Eric and Ridge.  Even Carter tried to slide some stuff in there.  The difference is that Rick doesn't care and Caroline does.  Just yesterday (or the day before), we heard Caroline talk about all the "work" Rick has done to repair their marriage.  Granted, I'd rather see that than Caroline continually apologizing (for something that she clearly wishes she could continue), but we've been told over and over that Rick has been putting in work.  It was just done in the period when Hope was on the screen, and we all know that there can be no other story when Hope is front and center.

What kind of lip gloss are they putting on JY?  It needs to stop.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 3

I'm glad to see Katie and Bill back together.

She didn't kiss him, she fell in love with him. If she could have them both she would, she's Hope 2.0, and now that they don't have Hope she'll probably just be Hope. She loves them both, she wants them both, she said as much when she told Ridge she was falling for him. The only reason she's upset is because Rick made the choice for her when he dumped her then Eric made the choice for him when he forced them back together. What Eric should have done (as a good parent) is force RIck and Ridge to be co-CEOs instead of forcing his son's hand in a marriage that basically sucked because his wife fell in love with his faux-brother.

Again, all Rick and Maya were doing (at the time) was having sex, which can stop and start on a dime. If you fall in love with someone else you end up in Hope's situation where every minute you're with one you're thinking of the other and vice versa. You can't tell me that Caroline wouldn't be pining away for Ridge if she was forbidden to work with him (as Eric should have done).  I guess it all comes down to whether you think physical cheating is worse than emotional cheating. To me emotional cheating is far worse, I care more about having someone's heart than their body, a heart is harder to capture and it means more when it's given. Which is why I'm still so pissed about Bill/Brooke but at least they're trying to fix that.

A lot of this is moot anyway because Rick insta-fell for Caroline when Maya insta-fell for Carter which was shortly after Dayzee insta-fell for Marcus after falling out of love with Thomas who then insta-fell for Caroline who had insta-fallen for Rick who then insta-loved Maya before insta-falling for Caroline again. This show is stupid. It probably isn't worth all the in-depth analysis we give it because tomorrow Caroline will be in love with Wyatt and Oliver will be chasing Ivy or some shit. Random acts of Stupid, thy name is Bold and the Beautiful. 

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 8

I honestly don't recall Caroline being in love with Ridge. I know she admires him as a designer, is obviously attracted to him, and undeniably has some kind of feelings for him. I'm not sure she even knows what they are. She crossed a line, but so did Rick, and he keeps crossing it with his amateur hour revenge scheme. He doesn't have to continue with his tawdry adultery; he could just dump Caroline in a straightforward, mature manner. Rick should hire a divorce lawyer, not some chucklehead who whips up outlandish legal documents that allow him to act the petty tyrant.

I do rather enjoy watching Maya playing Lady Macbeth with the bearded tool. She really knows what buttons to push, including Rick's self-destruct button.

Please tell me that Bill has an evil twin (Phil?) who encouraged Quinn to jump, because I would like to enjoy Bill and Katie: The Sequel.

• Love 3

One thing I find telling about Rick and Maya's conversations is that she always speaks of their future while he only speaks in terms of his future. Wonder when/if she's ever going to pick up on that?

As far as Caroline's feelings about Ridge are concerned, I don't think she's in love with him. IMO it's maybe one step up from being a schoolgirl crush. Which makes it extra sad that she put her marriage at risk for an infatuation. Meanwhile, Ridge is footloose and fancy-free to work his angsty artist moves on whomever he chooses. Hide your wives and daughters...

• Love 5

My head is spinning from the WTFs today.

Doesn't the Forrester guest house have a kitchen? Why did Caroline have to throw a robe over her negligee to go over to the main house to fix a cup of tea?

I didn't know that Ivy and Maya were friends. WHY would Maya invite Ivy over to see her new apartment? Ivy's an astute girl, Wouldn't she be suspicious? Even if she didn't put two and two together that Rick was paying the rent (I'm not sure if even being lead model would afford a place like that), if Maya had been looking for a new place, wouldn't she possibly tell her friend about it?

I'd think Maya would buy a clue by now. Whenever Rick is with her, he starts ruminating about Caroline and what she did to him. He gets very emotional and not at all acting like the "I don't give a f***." cheating husband he's pretending to be. Maya's got too may dollar signs in her eyes to notice, I'm sure.

I'm hoping Ivy will blow this wide open. For sure she's going to tell both Aly and Liam. I'd like to see how Maya explains it to her.

• Love 2

I didn't know that Ivy and Maya were friends. WHY would Maya invite Ivy over to see her new apartment? Ivy's an astute girl, Wouldn't she be suspicious? Even if she didn't put two and two together that Rick was paying the rent (I'm not sure if even being lead model would afford a place like that), if Maya had been looking for a new place, wouldn't she possibly tell her friend about it?

Maya and Ivy aren't friends. Ivy was visiting some heretofore unknown friend who happened to move into the same building -- and the same floor -- as Maya. Maya doesn't have any friends.

• Love 3

I honestly don't recall Caroline being in love with Ridge. I know she admires him as a designer, is obviously attracted to him, and undeniably has some kind of feelings for him. I'm not sure she even knows what they are. She crossed a line, but so did Rick, and he keeps crossing it with his amateur hour revenge scheme. He doesn't have to continue with his tawdry adultery; he could just dump Caroline in a straightforward, mature manner. Rick should hire a divorce lawyer, not some chucklehead who whips up outlandish legal documents that allow him to act the petty tyrant.

I do rather enjoy watching Maya playing Lady Macbeth with the bearded tool. She really knows what buttons to push, including Rick's self-destruct button.

Please tell me that Bill has an evil twin (Phil?) who encouraged Quinn to jump, because I would like to enjoy Bill and Katie: The Sequel.

Caroline said "I'm falling for you." to Ridge. Also if he dumps her then he loses CEO position so I don't see that as a viable option provided what Eric propositioned him with. I don't buy the poor Caroline stuff, sorry. As with Hope, she dug her own grave, now she can lie, squirm and cry in it until she inevitably babytalks and bats her "innocent" eyes back into Ridge's arms. I give her until the end of January before she gets all in his guts (and happily so). Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2

As glad as I am to be free of the Hopeless Triangle, I'm bored stiff by Rick and Maya. JY needs to learn there is more to acting than squinting and looking confused by the crap in his boxers. We get it, you're mad and hate fucking Maya while thinking of Ridge and Caroline. Maya, I'm guessing is turned on by your wallet and I have to guess because the actress gives me nothing.

I'm glad they put a fork in Katie/Ridge because I was way past done with them.  I really don't like her taking Bill back but there isn't much option for her on canvas. Which is too bad.

• Love 5

Amen! I am so sick of hearing Caroline apologize and grovel to her adulterer husband. I want her to find out the truth and dump his sorry ass.

I don't know what Pencil Dick Rick thinks he will accomplish if he becomes the Fuehrer of Forrester. Ridge and Caroline could quit and start their own fashion house or get a job anywhere. I doubt his kept woman could fill in for them.

• Love 7

Thanks, St3phForrester. 

I did like HTom/Katie's "Oh Bill, where is this coming from?!" line, because it's exactly what I said. I get that Bill has to get whatever he wants whenever he wants, but what's wrong with rebuilding the Batie relationship slowly, bonding over raising Will, discovering that they actually do get on as friends, and seeing where that takes them? I thought that that was going to happen while KKL was dancing with the stars; now it feels like they're cramming it in at the last minute.

This could have been a nice developing story, but it is over in a flash.  Katie unplugs from Ridge, plugs into Bill.  Now we are through with Katie.  We might have enjoyed it if we had had time to want it, with lots of little side trips along the way.   

Edited by Unwarranted

The way they write this show, everyone is a designer diamond in the rough. Amber was. Thomas was. Bridget went from Dr. Google to a designer. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Maya's sister is going to do.

• Love 1

The way they write this show, everyone is a designer diamond in the rough. Amber was. Thomas was. Bridget went from Dr. Google to a designer. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Maya's sister is going to do.

Amber too? Wowzers.

Disagree. Ridge's designs...boring. The showstopper hardly stopped my sarcasm. I came up on Vogue, their designs are childsplay IMO.

None of the designs are what they used to be. I swear I've seen most of these dresses hanging on the racks of TJ Maxx. :/

For story telling purposes, though, Ridge is a designer and Rick is not. The last time non-designers tried running FC when Stephen found out about the trust, it was an epic clusterfuck. Kinda hard to run a fashion house without designers and I somehow doubt Thomas would rush to fill in Ridge's spot.

• Love 2

One thing I find telling about Rick and Maya's conversations is that she always speaks of their future while he only speaks in terms of his future. Wonder when/if she's ever going to pick up on that?

I think maybe you're giving the writers more credit than they deserve. What you said would be a great subtle hint that Rick is more into punishing Caroline than he is into Maya, but I don't think the writers are that clever.

• Love 4

Oooh, Ivy, you little rippah!

[Carter] has a nice body

Yes. Yes he does.

Hitting on your protege who also happens to be the CEO's wife ain't getting past HR.

Good thing Forrester Creations has no HR department!

I have a hard time believing that little punk Rick is so virile that he can satisfy two women at the same time.

Maybe he's been in his old man's medicine cupboard.

Doesn't the Forrester guest house have a kitchen? Why did Caroline have to throw a robe over her negligee to go over to the main house to fix a cup of tea?

Maybe she saw the light on and thought there'd be someone in the kitchen she could talk to? I'm more interested in the fact that the Forrester kitchen doesn't seem to have an electric kettle. Whatevs, I liked Ivy & Caroline shooting the breeze; something about it seemed very natural.

Maya doesn't have any friends.

Reading that made me feel very sad for some reason. :(

I don't know what Pencil Dick Rick thinks he will accomplish if he becomes the Fuehrer of Forrester. Ridge and Caroline could quit and start their own fashion house

I'd like to see that play out - give FC a real rival.

Just read some spoilers from Soaps She Knows that said:

Painfully aware that time is running out, Rick presses Eric to sign the legal papers that would seal his takeover of Forrester. // Eric is torn when Carter, his legal counsel, advises him not to sign the documents. // Unaware of Rick's agenda, Eric feels compelled to support Rick and Caroline's future together, personally and professionally. // Carter warns Ridge that Eric is close to signing the papers, and what it would mean. // Maya stuns Caroline by turning up during a Forrester meeting. // Ridge confides in Carter about his feelings for Caroline and what he intends to do next. // COMING: A shocking outcome for the future of Forrester.

I'm both interested and disheartened. SNS have been wrong from time to time, though, so anything could happen. 

• Love 3

UGH, I can barely watch Rick and Maya in their nasty little love nest; I find myself squirming in my seat, and I feel so dirty, like I need to take a very hot shower with lots, and lots of bleach. The fact that they are making each character repulsive in their own right isn't helping. Rick, with this never ending vendetta against Ridge; as much as I love Brooke, I maintain that she was a willing participant in the whole debacle that was Bridge. No matter how many times Ridge hurt her, she was always willing to take him back, or to scrape up whatever crumbs he was willing to throw her way. Rick needs to look at that whole situation without his mommy blinders on. And Rick is being incredibly shortsighted here. What does he hope to accomplish once he becomes the irrevocable CEO of FC's? Sure, he can fire Ridge and Caroline, but then what? Ask Eric to step back in and design? Felica? Maybe put in a call to Clark Garrison? Something tells me his family wouldn't be too receptive to anything Rick would be offering. Then again, he could hire brand new designers, but I don't think the patrons of FC's want to pay thousands of dollars for gowns designed by John Smith or Joe Jones. No, they want designs that come from Ridge and Eric's hands, and of course, now Caroline's. So, while Rick is scratching his head to try and figure out how to save his floundering fashion house, no doubt Ridge and Caroline would have found prime new jobs, or maybe start their own venture. I think Eric would back them given what Rick has done, and maybe even Bill when he finds out about Rick's treachery. Then there is always Massimo. But that is all just about work. Does Rick truly believe that he can fire Ridge from the family? Does he think he will be welcome in his dad's house? His aunt Katie's? At the end of the day Rick will end up with a declining business, and a faux relationship with Maya, while Ridge and Caroline will still be the star designers, and hopefully will be involved in a very steamy romance.

Maya is actually more repulsive. Has Rick not picked up on the fact that her every declaration of love comes with a qualifier? 

"I love you Rick, and when you get complete control of Forrester"

"I am here for you always, bring your bad stuff to me, and when you get the CEO spot"

"We are going to do some amazing things together once you get control of Forrester"

And on and on it goes. Maybe Rick doesn't care that he is being used because he is working his own agenda that has nothing to do with Maya, but he is looking like a dumb ass all the same. Then there is Maya's willingness to betray the loyalty of Eric, and the company at large; after walking out on them and leaving them in the lurch with no spokes model for HFTF, they were still willing to welcome her back into the fold with open arms and good grace. And this is how she repays them? Maya has her eyes set on the "big prize" as she so eloquently voiced the other day, and she is willing to run roughshod over anyone who gets in her way. I don't buy her "love" for one minute; how can you love someone, and at the same time listen to them constantly lamenting about what they have lost? It is either that, or Maya is mistaking Rick's anger as love for her. Rick making statements like "every time I touch Caroline, I see her and Ridge", would tell me pretty clearly that he is still very much in love with his wife, and is only acting out, but Maya see's this as him "being done" with Caroline. Either way, she is a horrible person who does not deserve anything for being part and parcel of this terrible betrayal that Rick is perpetrating. 

Ivy is quickly becoming my favorite Sheila, she should run right to Caroline and tell her what she saw and heard. Then she should march right on over to Eric and fill him in too.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 7

Thanks to those who post the deleted scenes! Which begs the question-- are scenes cut from every episode? I thought soaps moved at such a fast pace that they had no time to spare, but they apparently are filming more than they can air?

• Love 2

Maya is actually more repulsive. Has Rick not picked up on the fact that her every declaration of love comes with a qualifier?

I disagree. Rick is the repulsive one since he is married. No machinations on Maya's part. She has made her position very clear. She wants to run Forrester with Rick (CEO) and her being "Lead Model". Rick is a grown ass man banging Maya with his eyes wide open.

• Love 3
I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Maya's sister is going to do.

Either a designer or a model. This show seems to consider it the highest compliment to turn women into models even if they don't have the body or the attitude for it. I bet Maya's sister is going to take over as the HFTF model in Hope's absence.

I think maybe you're giving the writers more credit than they deserve. What you said would be a great subtle hint that Rick is more into punishing Caroline than he is into Maya, but I don't think the writers are that clever.=

I take your point about the writers but actually, I think that's exactly where Rick is. Maya is just a way for him to work off the excess energy that he's literally not putting into Caroline. It's also a way for him to recoup his "manliness" after having been cuckholded by his brother. I know he and Maya had a romance in the past but I don't think that's where he is now. I believe he still loves Caroline but his widdle feelings are hurt. He's just stringing Maya along and she's too googly-eyed to see it.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2
Reading that made me feel very sad for some reason. :(

I mean, it is kinda sad, but it's not like she had a deep well to draw from in the first place.  Well, actually, maybe she did.  Last year's Fourth of July episode had so many younger adults: Marcus, Dayzee, Carter, Thomas, Oliver, Rick, Hope, Wyatt, Rafael, Caroline, that other HFTF model (Teresa?)...I think that's it.

• Mushmouth - disappeared in South Africa
  • Dayzee - they were kind of friends when Maya started confiding in her that she wanted Rick back, but I guess she left for South Africa, too
  • Carter - no great loss there
  • Thomas - disappeared in Paris
  • Oliver - Maya blew up his life for a bit with a petty reason.  She could have handled that way better in order to keep his friendship, but if her long term goal was to ingratiate herself with Rick due to her "honesty," then he served his purpose, I guess
  • Hope - she was always friendly with Maya, but she has her head too far up her butt for friends, only worshippers
  • Wyatt - top Hope worshipper.  He can't even be bothered to build a relationship with his father
  • Rafael - Caroline's friend
  • Teresa - disappeared

And of the two new people (Aly and Ivy), they weren't around to see any kind of history with her, so all they see is her acting ridiculous now.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 2

I disagree. Rick is the repulsive one since he is married. No machinations on Maya's part. She has made her position very clear. She wants to run Forrester with Rick (CEO) and her being "Lead Model". Rick is a grown ass man banging Maya with his eyes wide open.

I don't find Maya repulsive either. She genuinely loves him, does she love all the extra stuff? Damn Skippy, does she want the Forrester name? Of course, all the things that Caroline liked to throw in her face and say she wasn't good enough for but she truly does love Rick and he knows this and has said as much to his father. If Maya only wanted the money or power she would be Lady MacBeth-ing her way around Ridge, Eric or Bill right now, all of whom are technically single (well Ridge always acted like he was anyway).

Maya has the same blinders on Rick as Brooke did on Ridge when he was in love with Caroline (reduce, reuse, recycle) I sure hope for her sake that it doesn't take Rick as long to come around because she's pretty ride or die with him. She could be a Sami to his EJ if he stepped up his machinations. I for one, want to see him go $Bill levels of fuckery. Eric and Ridge have had it coming for years and this show has been nothing but a giant waffle for 3years. It will be nice to see some decisiveness.

ANNA YOLEI, ON 19 DEC 2014 - 03:04 AM, SAID:

None of the designs are what they used to be. I swear I've seen most of these dresses hanging on the racks of TJ Maxx. :/

Right? They could at least hire a Project Runway castoff or someone to sketch this shit. Terrible.

This would be a great time to bring Bridget back if he's planning on firing RigidLine. He needs another top designer, #justsaying.

ETA Whoops, sorry didn't know how to merge the two posts as I'm on my phone.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 4

I agree with Joimiaroxeu, I think Maya's sister is going to be a designer.  I can see it going something like Eric does end up signing those papers, Rick fires Ridge & Caroline, and lo & behold, Maya's sister happens to be an uber talented designer!  And didn't Thorne do some designing in the past? I swear I remember him being a part of one of those design-offs when he worked for Spectra. 

Mentioning Thorne reminds me, if it does go down that Eric signs the papers, this show desperately needs to bring some of the never heard from characters back.  I'd love to see how Thorne and Felicia would react & who they would side with, as well as Bridget  I know Steffy is coming back, but Thomas should as well, NOT to chant their "Rick is an evil Logan" mantras, but to actually be concerned what Rick is doing to the family's company. I'd even like to see Kristen just for the hell of it (from what I recall Forrester Creations was never a top priority for her).

There's so much opportunity for interesting story telling, let's hope the powers that be are up to it!

• Love 2

OMG! 

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_bold_and_the_beautiful/video/FDAA9ADE-180A-0A4C-FD4E-5A38A4906A95/the-bold-and-the-beautiful-next-on-b-b-12-19-2014-/

Maya needs to get the Mistressing Handbook 101 to learn the proper etiquette of being a sidepiece. A good mistress never discusses her affairs with anyone. Why does she think this guy would be loyal to her and not his employer?

And Rick, continuing to whine about all the betrayal he has suffered in his widdle life. Please. Maya is the only one that hasn't lied to him? Dude is so clueless. 

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 1
Maya need to get the Mistressing Handbook 101 to learn the proper etiquette of being a sidepiece. A good mistress never discusses her affairs with anyone. Why does she think this guy would be loyal to her and not his employers?

I don't this Maya sees herself as a mistress (they never do, right?), but more like a...co-conspirator.  The Bonnie to Rick's Clyde.  Up until very recently, she wasn't a secret and Rick told Caroline, to her face in front of Maya, that they were getting a divorce and he was calling his lawyer.  Never happened, but it's not like Maya was the only one he was telling that he was going to divorce Caroline.  Then you add the fact that Rick told her his plan from the very beginning and they are actively doing things to deceive and manipulate people at FC into thinking Rick's changed for the express purpose of getting Rick "irrevocable" control so that he can get rid of Caroline (in theory), and you can see how she how she would think this is only a very short term arrangement.

Plus, Othello is Rick's friend first, a freelance DJ that FC (which Rick is the CEO of) hires from time to time second.  And Othello has told Maya that he supported her getting back with Rick.  I don't think Othello is a threat because his loyalty is to Rick.  It's still a dumb move, but you start making dumb moves when you don't have any friends (mostly due to your actions).

• Love 2

Maya doesn't bother me too much in that she knows what she wants, admits it, and boldly goes after it. Life doesn't hand her anything on a silver platter like it does for the richer, more privileged characters. I can understand why she steamrolls towards a goal.

Rick? He's just an ugly ball of toxic rage, fueled by an accidental betrayal and an inferiority complex. He can't even execute a competent revenge because he can't control his emotions long enough to lie convincingly. I don't even think he loves Caroline anymore; he seems physically repulsed by her now.

The most disappointing thing about the lame coutoure that sometimes appears on the show is that the show is clearly willing to spend money, so why not spend money on more exciting clothes?

• Love 9

I hope Ivy has the balls to confront Rick the Dick and then goes to Uncle Eric.  BUT, what would be interesting is for Eric to sign the papers, get thrown out of FC and then he takes everyone to start a new design house, including Ridge, Ivy, Carter, Caroline and most of the others, leaving Rick the Dick with his head model and maybe Quinn.  FC would then be in the crapper.

• Love 5

Maya doesn't bother me too much in that she knows what she wants, admits it, and boldly goes after it. Life doesn't hand her anything on a silver platter like it does for the richer, more privileged characters. I can understand why she steamrolls towards a goal.

Rick? He's just an ugly ball of toxic rage, fueled by an accidental betrayal and an inferiority complex. He can't even execute a competent revenge because he can't control his emotions long enough to lie convincingly. I don't even think he loves Caroline anymore; he seems physically repulsed by her now.

The most disappointing thing about the lame coutoure that sometimes appears on the show is that the show is clearly willing to spend money, so why not spend money on more exciting clothes?

Yuuuuup! He needs to take lessons from Maya on this one because her "firing breakup" was a veritable opera. So much word word McWordy on the clothing, man. They dress better on General Hospital and that show is about the mob, I mean c'mon B&B, catch up.

I hope Ivy has the balls to confront Rick the Dick and then goes to Uncle Eric.

I hope Ivy has the good sense to stay out of it or things are going to get real hypocritical when Steffy comes sniffing around. Her tactics for man-winning are not unlike Caroline and Maya's so between Liam's tonsil hockey and pledges of undying love with Hope (which I'm guessing Ivy hasn't heard about) and his ever-roving wandering eyes for Steffy, Ivy is going to have her own damn problems. If she had any intrigue about her she would take this wonderful opportunity for blackmail, because if she stays in the column of mature, loving, doting Liam-ite she's not going to last too long on this show, especially with Hell nipping at her heels.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2
I don't this Maya sees herself as a mistress (they never do, right?), but more like a...co-conspirator.  The Bonnie to Rick's Clyde.  Up until very recently, she wasn't a secret and Rick told Caroline, to her face in front of Maya, that they were getting a divorce and he was calling his lawyer.

Where I come from, if you are sleeping with a married man you are many things, a mistress being one of them, regardless of who is in the know. Maya can spin it however she likes, but at the end of the day, Rick is still married to Caroline, and Maya is still fucking him. Maya is living in an apartment being paid for by Rick. Maya accepts any and all sparklies and bling that Rick want's to proffer to her. And let us not forget that Maya is the one who suggested Rick promote her to lead model. This character is just plain wrong on every level.

Plus, Othello is Rick's friend first, a freelance DJ that FC (which Rick is the CEO of) hires from time to time second.  And Othello has told Maya that he supported her getting back with Rick.  I don't think Othello is a threat because his loyalty is to Rick.  It's still a dumb move, but you start making dumb moves when you don't have any friends (mostly due to your actions).

I don't know much about this guy, and thought he was an employee that did the music for the fashion shows (so I guess that would mean he works one day a year), but you are correct about Maya blabbing being a dumb move. Having an affair with a married man can be a lonely business; Maya is going to have to learn this. And nothing moves fast because the married individual is usually not really out for a divorce, they just want some strange. This being B&B, there is definitely going to be some fall out from her having this conversation with Othello. 

• Love 5

I doubt it, I think Othello is merely a sounding board so the audience can hear exactly what Maya is thinking juxtaposed with how Rick sees things. It's a way to get into her head in the same way Justin's conversations with Bill allow the audience to discover what he is thinking, my spec is that it's purely for expositional purposes.

• Love 3

Where I come from, if you are sleeping with a married man you are many things, a mistress being one of them, regardless of who is in the know. Maya can spin it however she likes, but at the end of the day, Rick is still married to Caroline, and Maya is still fucking him. Maya is living in an apartment being paid for by Rick. Maya accepts any and all sparklies and bling that Rick want's to proffer to her. And let us not forget that Maya is the one who suggested Rick promote her to lead model. This character is just plain wrong on every level.

I didn't say that she was or wasn't anything. Just saying what I believe the character's line of thinking is and explaining why she probably thinks that. Just like some women don't think that they're feminists because they don't hate men. They're working with a skewed definition.

Ridge -- "I'm not a home wrecker." Since when?!

Rick -- what exactly does he think he has over Ivy to stop her from saying anything?

Thanks OBAMA! You couldn't wait 3 more minutes for that Breaking News?

• Love 2

Sonofabitch! The last 5 minutes got pre-empted for a fucking special report! (And I had just said this morning how I dread the special reports!) Was anybody watching in a time zone that didn't pre-empt the last 5 minutes of today's show? What happened???

I kinda cursed you for that when I read it. I think you may have jinxed us :( 

Long ago Another World had an epic Who's the Daddy story (probably one of the first big who's the daddy stories) and we were about to find out if it was Jamie Cory or Jake McKinnon, and literally 2 minutes before? Cable went out. Snowstorm, The Fates they are cruel.

I don't want to sound obtuse but I pretty much just now realized that Bill named two of his sons after himself. Probably would have named Wyatt that too, I'm guessing if he knew he existed. So how does it work? Are they Bill I, II and III or what? I mean usually it's a generational thing I just, wow. Wow.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 2