Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

Douglas, speaking the truth like no one else's business: "I know you're Beth."

EAvtKbdXsAA1zAO.jpg

Beth: Finally, someone with some damn sense!

EAvtNDIX4AInb7g.jpg

Hi, Daddy!

EAvxpvpXUAAKvCc.jpg

EAvxr5_XUAAS8-t.jpg

And a child shall lead them, indeed.

Someone less charitable might note that finally Liam is working with his intellectual equals and it's doing wonders for him. 

• LOL 18
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, jenrising said:

Someone less charitable might note that finally Liam is working with his intellectual equals and it's doing wonders for him. 

I have to disagree.  Douglas and Phoebe/Beth are far more intelligent than Liam will ever be.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

EAvtKbdXsAA1zAO.jpg

EAvtNDIX4AInb7g.jpg

Hi, Daddy!

EAvxpvpXUAAKvCc.jpg

EAvxr5_XUAAS8-t.jpg

Oh god if I could give you 1000 likes for a post,  I would ..

❤️👍🏽❤️👍🏽❤️👍🏽❤️

This young man and this baby are the two greatest actors on this show in forever !!

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
9 minutes ago, SiouxB said:

This young man and this baby are the two greatest actors on this show in forever !!

OMG...Douglas is really an amazing little actor!! So enjoy watching him.👏  Baby PhoeBeth ain't no slouch either. They truly are the only things redeeming this sh*t storyline.

I'm just waiting for Thomas to shed his skin and have his true lizard self emerge😳. He's such a reptile. Run Hope.

• Love 16

When you're on your wedding night and you tell the creepy predator you just married that you can't have sex with him because you're still thinking about your ex. Or The Children. And he's not taking it well. ☹

Oy, I think that was an unfortunate blouse Brooke had on today.

Liam: Douglas said Beth is alive.
Steffy: Oh no! This means you'll go back to Hope! Where is that mouthy kid? Is he trying to ruin all my months of hard work getting you back?
Liam: Uh, wut?
Douglas: Beth is alive and you can't stop me from saying it! All the people on the internets love me! They want me to keep saying until you idiots get the message!

Out of the mouths of babes. But Liam needs to ask Douglas some more questions because a little kid saying something life-altering like that shouldn't be taken at face value. Guess the questions will come tomorrow. 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Whatever you think of  Thomas the character, the actor is killing it.

Couldn't agree more, he's really good.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Douglas: Beth is alive and you can't stop me from saying it! All the people on the internets love me! They want me to keep saying until you idiots get the message!

LOL! 😄

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

EAvtKbdXsAA1zAO.jpg

EAvtNDIX4AInb7g.jpg

Hi, Daddy!

EAvxpvpXUAAKvCc.jpg

EAvxr5_XUAAS8-t.jpg

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d418489694e4d4d45

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

So our long nightmare is almost over...

I often "watch" shows while cleaning up after supper, loading the dishwasher, etc. but I'm glad I sat down and watched yesterday's show - just for the last few minutes. Poor Liam, wanting to believe and looking sick at the same time. And look at the kid who plays Douglas, holding his own with the adult actors. (Not that it's that hard with most of them. Still. The kid is awesome.) 

It didn't make watching Thomas or Flo any easier though.  They're both gross in different ways. 

• Love 20

God bless children. We adults teach them not to trust their convictions all too soon.

One of the few things I've appreciated about this storyline is seeing a little boy being determined to hold onto what he knows is true in the face of threats from his own father and other adults trying to convince him that he's confused. He's momentarily in a scary position but once the truth is fully out I hope someone praises him for his strength and courage and not just his honesty. (And he needs to tell somebody what Thomas has been making him do because it's basically been emotional abuse, IMO.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

FINALLY! Goodness this was the most boring, insipid, drawn out storyline! Kept peeking in once in a while to see if TIIC were done with it yet. 

I’m ready for the REAL drama to begin and man, has it begun! Might as well shine another Emmy for SC especially after his work during today’s ending! 

That little boy who plays Douglas may just get his own nom for the precious way he portrayed that reveal. 

I an completely side eyeing Flo’s “at least now I have something I can be proud of.” Girrrrll, that ship sailed around the time you took the 50k and was but a blip in the horizon when you found out you and Hope were cousins and still let her suffer with your silence. How is it possible that a 5-year-old has more common sense, compassion and courage than the lot of the idiots who knew the secret? 

I’m sure Bell will find a way to drag everything else out but, as of now, I’m back in my seat popcorn ready to see how the Logans and the rest of the gang get to raging and ranting some good ol’ soapy drama! Would it be too much to suppose someone (preferably Flo) will end up getting a good old fashioned slap in the face.

Also, CANNOT WAIT to see Wyatt eat crow! 

• Love 17
3 hours ago, Anna Yolei said:

God bless children. We adults teach them not to trust their convictions all too soon.

Amazing that he's got more morals than all the other adults in this situation.

To be fair, that isn't to hard.  I hope Douglas maintains that as he grows older because except for Bridget and Phoebe, none of the rest of them did.

2 hours ago, tessaray said:

It didn't make watching Thomas or Flo any easier though.  They're both gross in different ways. 

They can both drop dead any day now.  Flo acting like this is oh so hard for her is just ridiculous.  She is not a victim in any way.

6 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Okay Liam. Now find out where Hope is and run to save her before Thomas rapes her. Run, Liam, Run!!

Hope never should have got herself into this idiot marriage in the first place.  Why she doesn't just leave that hotel room, and annul another marriage, I don't understand.  Hope clearly does not want to have sex with Thomas or be married to him so she needs to be an adult, for once, and save herself.

• Love 15

I cannot wait to see Tom have to face his “wife”, father, mother-in-law, sister, Bill, and especially Liam. I hope Liam beats him to within an inch of his life and throws him off the cliff outside Steffy’s house. If Tom has drugged Hope and the rapes her, I hope she beats him within an inch of his life and then shoots him in both knees, both ankles, both hands, both elbows, etc. Oh! And then the old peepee that he was trying to use on her against her will. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

SC really brought it today. (Great supporting work on his part backing up Douglas and Beth.) No but really, after it hit him when he hung up the phone with the doctor, my heart skipped a beat. The  the slow motion to see Beth and that reunion - I never wanted it to end.

I hope they let us have a moment or two of payoff like that with Hope. 

• Love 18
36 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I cannot wait to see Tom have to face his “wife”, father, mother-in-law, sister, Bill, and especially Liam. I hope Liam beats him to within an inch of his life and throws him off the cliff outside Steffy’s house. If Tom has drugged Hope and the rapes her, I hope she beats him within an inch of his life and then shoots him in both knees, both ankles, both hands, both elbows, etc. Oh! And then the old peepee that he was trying to use on her against her will. 

Except that none of these people are all that great either, especially the bolded.  At the moment, Thomas is leading the pack in the despicable category, but it wouldn't take much for the others to catch up.  It's to bad some of this wasn't payback for Liam, Steffy and Bill assisting Caroline II in her lie to Thomas about her dying (I wonder if Thomas decided to make that lie into the truth and killed her).

I think Dollar Bill would be more capable of beating up Thomas than Liam.  Current Thomas is a complete psycho, and he is in great shape.  Liam, not so much.

If only, a woman on this show would have some agency, and save herself.  Hope shooting Thomas and not having to be rescued would be awesome, and will never happen in Brad Bell Land.

• Love 4

I'll be damned if Liam didn't make me tear up a smidge today, when he finally, fully realized that Phoebe is Beth. Super good acting from SC today; there's his Emmy reel. 

On the list of people that need to get a good smack in on Thomas, don't forget Justin. I still think it's a damn shame to kill off Emma, & not have the payback of Justin helping solve the mystery. What a waste. 

• Love 17

I had to come here and apologize to Douglas, whom I had previously called creepy like his dad.  He is nothing like his scumbag dad and I hope he winds up with Liam.  I won't say Liam and Hope because I still think they need to just be parents to Beth, and Hope needs therapy. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, TigerLynx said:

To be fair, that isn't to hard.  I hope Douglas maintains that as he grows older because except for Bridget and Phoebe, none of the rest of them did.

Thomas has planted the seeds in Douglas to have demons to fight as he gets older- especially if Thomas further manipulates the kid into thinking that it’s his fault that their family with Hope didn’t work out and/or if Thomas abandons him due to being on the run. Also add in that Douglas could always be worried that Thomas will pop in and make good on his threat to take Hope away and leave him behind and he’d lose another mother figure. Depending on the writers, teen/adult Douglas could either be warped by his father’s legit crap parenting or rise above it with the help of whoever ends up raising him- which if the show is smart would be Hope and Liam. Douglas is already Beth’s guardian angel and it’d be pretty cool to see him as her officially adopted protective big brother.

Douglas and Thomas could end up the Paul and James Stenbeck of B&B. 😂.

Edited by TobinAlbers
  • Love 5

Ridge, Taylor, Karen and Steffy would have more of a claim to Douglas than Liam or Hope.  Besides Liam and Hope will break up again in a couple of months so they won't be providing a stable environment for Douglas or Beth either.

I wish Douglas would be another exception for this show, like Bridget and Phoebe.  Sadly, I think Brad Bell will use Thomas' behavior as justification for turning Douglas into a selfish monster in his twenties because nice people like Bridget and Phoebe finish last and aren't important in Brad Bell Land.

• Love 1

Except that none of these people are all that great either, especially the bolded.  

No one is good, sure. But Ridge and Brooke are not the ones rationalizing kidnapping, either. I'm fully prepared to eat my words when Ridge inevitably argues for Beth to stay with Steffy but for now he's not entirely The Worst(tm).

I wonder if Thomas decided to make that lie into the truth and killed her

Now that?! THAT would have been a brilliant twist. Add to that how Sally would be shocked and grateful to have dodged that bullet.

only, a woman on this show would have some agency, and save herself. 

Come to think of it, the women in the other baby stories I've watched were almost always the ones to look into it first. Even Ol' Hammertoes on Y&R in the only baby story whose pointlessness comes within five miles of rivaling this one's got to have it out with Sharon before getting killed. I hope we see Hope getti g her licks in at some point.

3 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Besides Liam and Hope will break up again in a couple of months so they won't be providing a stable environment for Douglas or Beth either.

Arguably, the same could be said of Liam and Steffy...still, you're right that they don't have much of a legal claim regardless.

As much as I adore that little kid, I hope his grandmothers in NYC raise him and keep him far away from the Forrester lunacy. Are they aware how Douglas was conceived? If so, they could definitely fight in court and have half a chance of winning on those grounds.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Ridge, Taylor, Karen and Steffy would have more of a claim to Douglas than Liam or Hope.  Besides Liam and Hope will break up again in a couple of months so they won't be providing a stable environment for Douglas or Beth either.

Under normal circumstances, yes, Hope and Liam would be low on the list for custody of Douglas, but Bill would make damn sure that neither Ridge nor Taylor could have custody. Taylor shot him in the back and he can use that to keep the Forresters at bay if push comes to shove. Karen obviously could then step up but Douglas could say he wants to stay with Hope. Hope has bonded with the kid and is his step-mother and knowing this show, Thomas changed his will as soon as he put a ring on Hope’s finger to leave custody of Douglas to Hope and if he goes to jail or on the run or is presumed dead, Hope could be awarded custody per Thomas’ wishes . And this is exactly what Thomas would use to hold over Douglas’ head to keep him in line to ‘help’ him in whatever schemes he’s up to while he’s ‘dead’ or MIA. Like I said these two could have a pretty warped long running father/son drama that is a new twist of Forrester men fighting over a Logan woman. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, seasons said:

SC really brought it today. (Great supporting work on his part backing up Douglas and Beth.) No but really, after it hit him when he hung up the phone with the doctor, my heart skipped a beat. The  the slow motion to see Beth and that reunion - I never wanted it to end.

I hope they let us have a moment or two of payoff like that with Hope. 

Especially after we who watch Y&R felt so ripped off at Sage dying in an accident minutes after the Christian reveal.  That was just horrible.

• Love 1

Why would Flo go to Wyatt first? Go to Beth's parents first, you spineless slag! Meanwhile, I don't understand why or how Shauna is still in LA. Is she independently wealthy?

I know Hope has pretty much checked out of reality but again it's hard for me to have sympathy for her. As many times as she's been married she's aware of how wedding nights work. Did she think Thomas would be okay with a sexless marriage? Ugh, i think her whole family failed her by not stopping that wedding when she was in a clearly weakened mental state.

Seriously, Flo? Every second that you haven't told Beth's parents who she really is subtracts from any pride you're trying to claim. At this point you've got a negative balance.

Does Liam know about the connection between Flo and Reese? If not, he has to wonder how Flo happened to have gained possession of Beth right after she was born.

• Love 7

Taylor should be around for the Phoebe is Beth reveal.  She did not know about the baby switch, but she did buy a baby from Reese for .$250,000.  That would be child trafficking and it is a crime.  Taylor is crazy but she knew it was against the law.  Taylor needs to be held accountable for her actions.  She can share a cell with Zoe and Flo.

Did Steffy know that her mother bought Phoebe/Beth from Reese and for how much?   

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, A-Lo said:

Especially after we who watch Y&R felt so ripped off at Sage dying in an accident minutes after the Christian reveal.  That was just horrible.

That was godawful in it's own right, but it was painless and quick. This story has been like getting hooked to an IV drip of rat poison.

It didn't hurt that I gave no fucks about Sage as a character and I was less mad about the way they offered her as Sharon getting away with more of her reckless, selfish behavior and using her illness as an excuse. Again.

1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

I know Hope has pretty much checked out of reality but again it's hard for me to have sympathy for her. As many times as she's been married she's aware of how wedding nights work. Did she think Thomas would be okay with a sexless marriage?

The better question is, even if Hope had anything resembling a spine about needing time to recover and get better, would Thomas have even respected that? A long, long history of dubious behavior points to no.

I do remember points of her saying to both Thomas and Liam that she didn't know if she'd be ready to have sex again, if ever. Thomas already knew she wasn't in any mental state to have sex. If he cared at all about Hope, we wouldn't be here. Honestly, there was no good way to do this story given Thomas's history and they shouldn't even have tried.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 7

I'm making this up in my head, but if I hear the lines:

Hope - "Thomas, you knew about this"?

Thomas - "Yes, but, but I did it because I love you and for our new family.  I knew that Steffy

would never give up Phoebe and I wanted to spare you that".

I will choke them.

• Love 6

I can see Taylor popping up with her Personal Opinion that Hope isn't mentally sound enough to be a mother to Beth and that it's in the Baby's Best Interests to blah blah blah...  (Urgh, somebody on the writing staff is taking notes, aren't they?)

What I would love to see is Liam using the Genoa City Brain one more time (before it goes back in the jar) to request a DNA test on Kelly, and see Taylor and Steffy scramble to make those results work in their favor.  Maybe they can recruit Thomas to help so he can put on a shirt and leave Hope alone...

But have their storyline be comedic.  Costumes, hijinks, slapstick - I wanna see somebody wearing food!  And I also want them to fail hilariously.  After this baby-swap storyline, the fans deserve a good chuckle.

• LOL 6
4 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Liam and Hope will break up again in a couple of months

Months?  Wow, you have a lot more faith in that relationship than I do 😛 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

And, Hope will find out she’s pregnant. It.will.never.end.

In ten years if the show still exists the entire earth will be populated by selfish dimwits sired by Liam/Steffy and Liam/Hope shouting "we were robbed" and "cha cha cha" at each other.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, TobinAlbers said:

Under normal circumstances, yes, Hope and Liam would be low on the list for custody of Douglas, but Bill would make damn sure that neither Ridge nor Taylor could have custody. Taylor shot him in the back and he can use that to keep the Forresters at bay if push comes to shove. Karen obviously could then step up but Douglas could say he wants to stay with Hope. Hope has bonded with the kid and is his step-mother and knowing this show, Thomas changed his will as soon as he put a ring on Hope’s finger to leave custody of Douglas to Hope and if he goes to jail or on the run or is presumed dead, Hope could be awarded custody per Thomas’ wishes . And this is exactly what Thomas would use to hold over Douglas’ head to keep him in line to ‘help’ him in whatever schemes he’s up to while he’s ‘dead’ or MIA. Like I said these two could have a pretty warped long running father/son drama that is a new twist of Forrester men fighting over a Logan woman. 

Bill might be able to put pressure on Ridge and Taylor, but he has a few skeletons of his own.  Thomas, the felon, wishes won't matter and neither will his will especially if his marriage is invalid.  Hope's mental state won't help her claim either.  Although once Hope gets Beth back, I doubt she will give Douglas a second thought.

Karen would be the most likely one to end up with custody, and she should.

25 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

And, Hope will find out she’s pregnant. It.will.never.end.

Don't put that out there.  I'm already worried Steffy will be pregnant with Liam's child.  Hope being pregnant with Thomas' child would be even worse.

I'm still holding out hope that Kelly is Bill's daughter.  Phoebe is not Beth.  Liam and Hope have to go find their daughter, and Steffy moves on from Liam forever.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Although once Hope gets Beth back, I doubt she will give Douglas a second thought.

I hadn't even considered that possibility but it's definitely a thing that's in line with the other children that are forgotten once their plot is served (or deep sixed before it was deployed as was the case with Jack Marone). I hope you're wrong, because they have a natural ease, not unlike what Nick and Hope had.

I'm assuming (hoping!) that Liam gets to the hotel before anything is "comsumated". I want to believe that the writers will not have Thomas pull this shit again.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, JustDucky said:

I can see Taylor popping up with her Personal Opinion that Hope isn't mentally sound enough to be a mother to Beth and that it's in the Baby's Best Interests to blah blah blah...  (Urgh, somebody on the writing staff is taking notes, aren't they?)

Yep, that is Taylor's MO.  I really hate the way she uses her psychiatric training to manipulate vulnerable people.  There a few things more dangerous than a batshit crazy psychiatrist with a personal agenda. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

Taylor won't make an appearance until Brad Bell wants her to shoot someone in the back, or buy a baby for Steffy.  Taylor might make an appearance long enough to declare Thomas incompetent or crazy.  Then Thomas will get therapy, remain the same, but be declared cured.

• Love 2

Does anyone know if that CBS survey is a yearly thing or was it specific to this storyline you think?

I can't think of another soap that cuts out their veteran contract players to focus on specific arcs - for months and months on end. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Yep, that is Taylor's MO.  I really hate the way she uses her psychiatric training to manipulate vulnerable people.  There a few things more dangerous than a batshit crazy psychiatrist with a personal agenda. 

No kidding. 

The screencaps in that link about the "anti" intern and her unflinching morality is exactly like Taylor, all the way down to the not giving a shit about who the hell gets hurt in their quest for purity.

I still love how when Taylor thought she'd gotten one over on Brooke by revealing the Brill pregnancy that everyone in the room was like "WTF Taylor" and Katie made sure to read her the riot act and then kicked her out the house before teaming Brooke and Bill.

A halfway decent writer might have Taylor reflect upon this about how she led a "good" life compared with Brooke, yet Brooke ultimately got the prize(ugh) and her family loves and supports her in spite of her collosal fuckups. Yet Taylor has...no one. Even her so called best friend shut her out at the end, preferring Brooke's company.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, TessHarding2 said:

Does anyone know if that CBS survey is a yearly thing or was it specific to this storyline you think?

I can't think of another soap that cuts out their veteran contract players to focus on specific arcs - for months and months on end. 

While I think this was specifically mandated because of the baby switch, CBS has done surveys for both B&B and Y&R in the past.

I'm pretty sure it was right after they'd started these that we got that line from Eric calling Liam a waffle when he came to whine about Quinn existing for the 10k time that week.

As for pushing contract players out, yeah....even for B&B, this was unusual.

• Love 4

Hope will find out she’s pregnant.

I swear, if Hope gets pregnant by Thomas and actually delivers his child, I'm gonna...be very upset. 😒 She's been mindfcuked enough by this guy. Having him permanently attached to her via a child would be TOO MUCH!

The better question is, even if Hope had anything resembling a spine about needing time to recover and get better, would Thomas have even respected that? A long, long history of dubious behavior points to no.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like I was blaming the victim. But geez, Hope is amazingly hardheaded. I think if she were shown a video compilation of everything Thomas has done to manipulate her--including abusing Douglas' innocence--she still wouldn't feel like she made the wrong decision to marry him. Plus, she knows it's hard for anyone to argue with her "I have to put the children first" excuse. IMO this all comes back to Hope's untreated PPD which took root and flourished in her stubborn personality. It'll be unfortunate I think if the show never addresses that and just lets the return of Beth be Hope's miracle "cure."

think this was specifically mandated because of the baby switch

CBS has people monitoring the soap forums and one thing the forums have been united about is their anger at this storyline and how long it's gone on. Things reached a certain point I think where the audience was feeling tortured and viewers had started bailing out. This is likely CBS' way of trying to let the audience feel like they're appreciated and that their voices matter. Frankly I don't think CBS has much control over B&B besides a threat to cancel and that's probably not much of a threat to Bell. He has other options. I do think though that the Beth reveal is happening sooner than intended because Bell realized people had had enough.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Taylor should be around for the Phoebe is Beth reveal.  She did not know about the baby switch, but she did buy a baby from Reese for .$250,000.  That would be child trafficking and it is a crime.  Taylor is crazy but she knew it was against the law.  Taylor needs to be held accountable for her actions.  She can share a cell with Zoe and Flo.

Did Steffy know that her mother bought Phoebe/Beth from Reese and for how much?   

She knew Taylor bought her from someone and how much.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, ByTor said:

Months?  Wow, you have a lot more faith in that relationship than I do 😛 

I'm gonna go against the grain and say they are going to stay together after this. They were together for the better part of a year, even for several months after going through the worst thing a married couple can - the "death" of a child. And they would not have been apart but for said "death." Saying, they always break up may have been true a number of years ago, but not since Annika took on the role. And Molly night or not, Liam is still very much committed to Hope and is still fighting for her - a welcome change from his usual waffling ways and Hope, mental issues or not, she's still very much in love with him. 

I see them reuniting, stronger than ever, and Steffy finally moving on. I know, where's the drama in that, right? Well, I'm sure they'll be some idiotic custody battle (when there's nothing to fight over). I just hope that Steffy doesn't end up pregnant and they could go there, even though it's beyond ridiculous to have 3 pregnancies/babies in the span of 2 years. What I would prefer to see is Kelly being revealed to being $ Bill's. That would bring up all kinds of soapy goodness and DD all but telegraphed it in a recent media appearance, smiling and saying "That's MY baby." I mean, obviously, he could be screwing with us but it's definitely a possibility.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

So...I broke down and watched. Although to be fair, I did say I wouldn't watch until Liam and Hope got Beth back and one half of that couple DID get her back, so I'd say my standards are intact.

It was definitely a must-see episode, so much so, that I'm bringing recaps back. 

Up first, we have Thomas and his one-track-rapist mind still trying to get Hope into bed.

This asshole actually has the balls to tell Hope that Beth is looking down on Hope, wanting her to move on. 

And I wouldn't be drinking that champagne he gave you, Hope.

EA11m0IXYAI5Ubf.jpgLord knows what's in it. Speaking of drugged drinks, his good pal Vinnie calls and says he has a "wedding gift" for him and Hope. Would that be something named Molly?

Hope can't stop thinking about Liam and one would think Thomas would have some shred of dignity to not only stop him in his quest to consummate this marriage from hell, let alone to have married Hope in the first place, but it's Thomas. So, nope.

I hope she finally gets the hell out of that room and away from his clutches for good.

Over at the beach house, Felony is looking for Wyatt and WTF for? You could have hightailed it over to the cliff house. Her enabling mama shows up and, of course, tries to get Flo not to confess like the trifling trick she is. Well, both of them. 

Flo argues with her mother and says: "Remember who I am." Yeah, a woman who had no problem pocketing $50k to pose as the mother of a blackmarket human trafficked baby. And lying about it for MONTHS. 

Flo assumes she'll lose everything (as she SHOULD) but that it will be worth it. Please God let Wyatt dump her ass and let Sally kick him to the curb when he comes crawling back. She can fuck off with her cry me a river routine.

EA1xhkhWwAAo7Un.jpg

But the main reason to watch isn't for any of those folks, but for Douglas, Beth, and Liam as we cut to the cliff house where Douglas insists to Liam that Phoebe is actually Beth.

Douglas: "Beth didn't die. That's your baby. That's Beth." I just adore this kid - the character and the actor. Beth is perfectly adorable as she jabbers away, including saying, "Dada." The kid knows.

Liam questions Douglas as to how he could possibly know or believe this and Douglas reveals that he heard Thomas say it. That gets Liam's attention and fast. They head into the living room where Steffy is eyeing them warily.

Douglas, breaking my heart and Liam's here, says: "My mom told me to always tell the truth. It took her a long time to learn that, but it's important." That sweet little face.

EA2Xj-yX4AAMJn6.jpg

Caroline may have been a lot of things problematic, but I absolutely believe she was a wonderful mother. Sensing the tension in the room, he runs off and that's when Liam tells Steffy that Douglas told him Phoebe is Beth.

EA2O1lHWwAAzuHq.jpg

She doesn't want to hear it, much less believe it, but you can see the look of utter panic on her face when he reveals Douglas get his intel straight from her psycho brother's mouth. 

Before they can get into it, he gets a call from the doctor at the Las Vegas hospital. You know, the one where Flo gave birth.

Uh huh.

Except this doctor is very concerned because she was out of the country at the time this birth allegedly occurred and is not happy that her name is on a birth certificate.

It's another nail in the coffin.

Liam hangs up and tells Steffy that Flo lied. 

Steffy sputters and stammers, chalking it up to a "clerical error." Oh yeah, no big deal at all, right?

She then asks, ridiculously, doesn't he know Flo? Is she serious with this? He knows next to nothing about her except that she supposedly gave birth to Phobeth and was Wyatt's highschool sweetheart. 

Speaking of which, Liam lowers the boom by filling her in on the conversation he had with Wyatt about how Flo said she never had a child.

Steffy snaps: "That's because she didn't! She gave her up." Setting aside Felonious Flo for the moment, how fucking wrong was that statement? So biological mothers who selflessly place their child with a loving family didn't have said child to place? The logic with this one.

Anyway, Liam corrects her that she spoke as if she had never given birth. 

Steffy offers up basically, so what, so she gave birth somewhere else. Again, more handwaving and couldn't care less-ness from this slattern. Which once again proves that she saw the red flags all over the place, waving like crazy, especially since having been giving an orientation from a legit agency, she knew this isn't how adoptions work. Well, legal ones anyway and she proceeded to have Mommy shell out a quarter of a million anyway. Because she was that damn desperate to get her hands on another baby. 

EA1j8vYWsAAA9SA.jpg

Liam, the room spinning. whispers: "Catalina."

EA2PbDbX4AE52p_.jpg

The truth, that Beth is alive and has been right under his nose all this time, like a bullet to the brain, takes a moment, a moment where there's no feeling, no sensation, just nothing, but then finds purchase and explodes.

EA2PbDbXsAEBnG7.jpgBefore he can say another word, he's up and running back into the nursery where it's just him and Beth now.

EA2PbDbW4AMJLdy.jpg

The unthinkable has become much more than just the slightest sliver of possibility as he stands there and looks at her. 

His being drawn to her from the first, the connection they've shared, just like the connection between Beth and Hope. Blood calls to blood. And she's been here, all this time.

There are still some missing pieces, but enough of the puzzle is there. 

Beth, as precious and heart-melting as ever, looks up and coos: "Dada."

EA1m6JQXkAEyk8l.jpg

As if she's been waiting for this moment and knew it would happen. She just needed her daddy to catch up. And next, her mommy.

He walks over to the crib and picks Beth up and is just sobbing here as he holds her. 

Liam breaks down, crying, "Yeah, I'm your dada" as he holds her tight, every ounce of love and heartache and bitter and sweet in that embrace as he knows her for who she truly is for the first time since before she was born.

EA1BA7-XoAEpokS.jpg

Annika deserves the Best Actress Emmy (and then some) but Scott absolutely earned his yesterday. I must have watched that last scene a good ten times. It was that amazing.

This is up there with the all-time great emotional soap moments. Of any show. Ever. 

Edited by CountryGirl
  • Love 20

Damn, @CountryGirl, I am like snot-up-&-down-my-sleeve, Oprah-ugly-crying reading your recaps & watching the videos. I've never felt such emotion in this show, & I probably won't again once Hope finds out & gets to Beth. 

If for no other reason, I'm glad that this awful storyline is coming to a close, because your recaps have returned! Welcome back, they've been missed!

• Love 10