Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I missed a lot of the aftermath of Ridge being dumped from the helicopter due to a DVR crash, but for my money, NOTHING (the Forresters listening to Bridget being deflowered over the phone) will ever beat the hilarity of that moment. And now Ridge has lost his precious, soul-defining gift! (Remember, this is a non-medical diagnosis -- he needs a neurologist, stat, and possibly a shrink (NOT TAYLOR).)

I like that Katie's nastiness and self-centeredness are shining through -- oh, that doesn't matter, that doesn't define you, it's no big deal! Anyone who ever met the man knows that Ridge Forrester = Designer & Sex God; at least, they know that's how HE regards himself. But not Katie! Oh no, with her, Ridge is a different man! (Blech.) He doesn't need anything but their special, special love! (And pomes. God, I love $Bill.) I think it's interesting because Katie reminds me of this chick who had bariatric surgery, lost a ton of weight, and turned into a raving bitch. It was as if she had saved up all of the anger and hurt from the years of feeling unattractive and it just turned to a sense of entitled bitchery. I see that with Katie -- years of anger from being the Logan wallflower are, maybe, what convinced her she was entitled to sleep with Nick. Katie is so smug in her perfect love with Ridge -- I cannot wait to see what happens when that all blows up

Oh my god, I am such a bad person, because I suddenly want to see Ridge have a total meltdown, be confined to a psych ward, and have to participate in art therapy!!! With soap-style crazy people! That would be AWESOME!

And now I belong in the psych ward, because I want $Bill to come entertain the patients with a pome -- some beat thing like Howl. I would fall over laughing and be happy forever.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 4

not Fred Willard. He's such a laugh whore and I just can't see him playing anything straight or dramatic

What...you didn't enjoy Fred's award-winning dramatic role on Mary Hartman?  No? How about Fernwood Tonight? ;-)

No matter what else Fred Willard does, I always and only see him as Martin Mulll's sidekick. That role defined him for me.

@minirth - your art therapy scenario is delicious. I would welcome the addition of Taylor to that storyline and hope that Stinkbomb would fall back in love with her over Katie! And Steffy could come back to enjoy that too.

This should be fun. But isn't John also Jessica's father? Or does Eric have another brother? I thought he only had the one.

Jessica's father is definitely John Forrester, her mother is Maggie Forrester, while all we know about Ivy's mother is that she's Australian (Sheila Forrester?).

• Love 3

I still don't think it was a long enough time to assume that your woman would run off with someone else. Like I said, if you saw someone struggling in the water, I don't think someone would go, "Ooh, please don't drown while I text my fiancé so she doesn't run off with my brother."

I think the stupidity lies in him not texting/calling her when he landed, or when he got stuck in traffic, or as he was running the streets to get to her.  He had plenty of opportunities to let Hope know he was there before Ivy got pushed in the water.  I do agree that he should have gone after Ivy...but immediately, not after standing there pondering it.  Does that guy waffle over EVERYTHING???

• Love 6

I missed a lot of the aftermath of Ridge being dumped from the helicopter due to a DVR crash, but for my money, NOTHING (the Forresters listening to Bridget being deflowered over the phone) will ever beat the hilarity of that moment. And now Ridge has lost his precious, soul-defining gift! (Remember, this is a non-medical diagnosis -- he needs a neurologist, stat, and possibly a shrink (NOT TAYLOR).)

I like that Katie's nastiness and self-centeredness are shining through -- oh, that doesn't matter, that doesn't define you, it's no big deal! Anyone who ever met the man knows that Ridge Forrester = Designer & Sex God; at least, they know that's how HE regards himself. But not Katie! Oh no, with her, Ridge is a different man! (Blech.) He doesn't need anything but their special, special love! (And pomes. God, I love $Bill.) I think it's interesting because Katie reminds me of this chick who had bariatric surgery, lost a ton of weight, and turned into a raving bitch. It was as if she had saved up all of the anger and hurt from the years of feeling unattractive and it just turned to a sense of entitled bitchery. I see that with Katie -- years of anger from being the Logan wallflower are, maybe, what convinced her she was entitled to sleep with Nick. Katie is so smug in her perfect love with Ridge -- I cannot wait to see what happens when that all blows up.

I wish the writers were playing it as Katie feeling triumphant because she snatched Brooke's sought after booby prize from right under her nose.  Instead, they are determined to tell us that Kringe's relationship is built on a deep and abiding love, mutual respect and something so other worldly and glorious that mere mortals can't understand it.  If there is no passionate sex involved, so what?  Let Brooke and Bill enjoy that; what Kringe have transcends something as "base" as sex.  Unfortunately, the writers have done a piss poor job of actually showing us what makes Kringe so fucking awesome and special.  The pairing probably looked great on paper because of HT and TK's star power.  The writers just don't seem to know what to do with them.  Katie has done all the heavy lifting in the relationship and pees on Ridge's leg at every opportunity, while he goes along with it.  He doesn't even have to lift a finger and he knows it.

In my viewing of B&B's early episodes, there was one where the teenage Katie fantasized about dancing in the arms of a handsome tuxedo-clad mystery lover who saw how beautiful she really was in spite of her acne.  All through those first episodes, she incessantly whined about her acne and lack of dates while her family bent over backwards to reassure her that she was beautiful.  Even when Brooke allowed Katie to try on her new engagement ring from Dave, Katie fantasized about being proposed to.  Initially, she was so upset that she couldn't even bring herself to congratulate Brooke on her engagement and asked to be excused from the dinner table.  The character has always been plagued by insecurities.  She definitely felt entitled to Nick.  After all, she didn't get asked to her prom!  That's why it's so unrealistic that Katie isn't the least bit put out by Ridge's trip to Abu Dhabi and the obvious message that sent.  Not to mention the timing of Ridge's marriage proposal complete with that rancid Ribbon of Commitment.  Instead, she's busy squawking about how Bill was trying to teach Ridge a lesson and how he now can't design because of it.  By the way, does she wear that ribbon when she's changing Will's Pull-Ups?

According to Soaps In Depth, 

Ridge is overwhelmed by his devastating secret and it's affecting both his professional and personal life. He continues attempting to design with no success until an unsuspecting muse comes into the picture.

If being amused by Katie's possible misery is wrong, then I don't wanna be right!  

• Love 7
And now Ridge has lost his precious, soul-defining gift! (Remember, this is a non-medical diagnosis -- he needs a neurologist, stat, and possibly a shrink (NOT TAYLOR).)

I think it would be hilarious to watch Taylor take this on, ethics be damned.  So, she was married to the patient.  So she has treated the woman he claims he wants to marry (and blew her life to bits in a public way, for her own petty shits and giggles).  I can almost guarantee her prescribed therapy would involve breaking off his engagement and proposing to his shrink, via skywriting that contains the specific language "so, neener, neener, Brooke Logan, Saint Taylor wins.  Suck on it." 

• Love 5

Out of all of Liam's faults, I don't think that "saving" someone from "drowning" without thinking to send a quick "I'm gonna be 5-7 minutes late" text is one of them.

Thank you! And even if the stupid bitch decided she couldn't wait you don't marry your stalker that same day.

And we know that as soon as Liam starts moving on in Ivy's direction, Dope is going to go bonkers.

Wyatt killed me with the: So, the only reason I'm married is because Ivy fell into the Seine. What a fool. Like he didn't know all along he was the consolation prize? Talk about delusional. And why did Bill tell him when he demanded Liam not tell Hope about Paris? Was it his passive aggressive way to stick it Wyatt for stealing favorite son number one's one true love?

As for Deacon. What the hell does he feel he has to offer any woman? Where's he getting money from? How does he get around LA? Won't even go into Quinn.

• Love 6

I think the stupidity lies in him not texting/calling her when he landed, or when he got stuck in traffic, or as he was running the streets to get to her.  He had plenty of opportunities to let Hope know he was there before Ivy got pushed in the water.  I do agree that he should have gone after Ivy...but immediately, not after standing there pondering it.  Does that guy waffle over EVERYTHING???

He explained why he didn't do that - he wanted to surprise her.  I got that part.  Hindsight is clearly 20/20, but I've been in a situation (when I was younger, probably their ages) where I wasn't sure that a surprise was going to work out exactly the way I planned it and I could have ruined the surprise just to make sure that there was no confusion, but I didn't want to risk it.  My whole "future" wasn't on the line, though, so maybe I would have done something different in that situation.

I also understand the hesitation in not going after Ivy right away.  Clearly, he wanted to go to Hope, and Ivy was saying that she was okay, but she also wasn't swimming toward the shore.  He probably wanted to make sure that she was actually moving before he started his mad dash again.  I don't think jumping in right after she fell in would have helped his cause anyway 'cause Hope peaced out real quick.  I just don't get why he jumped off the bridge instead of getting a tree branch or something from the shore.

I think they're both dumb for not realizing that there's a time for grand sweeping romantic guestures and there's a time for practicality.

Edited by kia112
  • Love 1

In the spirit of watching this dreck as a comedy, I'm going to submit these top 5 unintentionally funny scenes.

5.  "Stephanie" gets shot.  You can clearly see that it's actually a stunt man in a bad wig stumbling and falling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrbGftw8Ygc

4.  "Say hello to.... Taylor Hayes!"  Taylor gets drunk and dances for Hector.  The funniest part is around the 3 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laJ73GnpO3M

3.  "RIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!"  The extreme closeup of the Skeletor Ginsu cheekbones is the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGp0UEINfsI

2.  The Fall.  I can't find a clip from the actual episode, just this promo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byvwFPURGoQ

1.  The granddaddy of them all.  What more can be said?  Brooke's dramatic head turn and gaping mouth.  Ridge's stabby finger that turns into a sort-of gun.  Gorilla Rick's wrinkling nose.  So classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jEsshy26N4

Any other favourites?  I left off some that were funny ("I now pronounce you man and.... horse?!", Donna getting doused with gold paint, etc.) because I think those were supposed to be campy and played for laughs.  These 5 here are supposed to be very dramatic but were so bad they were hilarious.

• Love 3

Thank you! And even if the stupid bitch decided she couldn't wait you don't marry your stalker that same day.

And we know that as soon as Liam starts moving on in Ivy's direction, Dope is going to go bonkers.

Wyatt killed me with the: So, the only reason I'm married is because Ivy fell into the Seine. What a fool. Like he didn't know all along he was the consolation prize? Talk about delusional. And why did Bill tell him when he demanded Liam not tell Hope about Paris? Was it his passive aggressive way to stick it Wyatt for stealing favorite son number one's one true love?

As for Deacon. What the hell does he feel he has to offer any woman? Where's he getting money from? How does he get around LA? Won't even go into Quinn.

There is just way too much stupidity on canvas right now.  I just can't with Brooke's apparent stupidity.  It should be quite obvious to her by now that if Ridge was able to remember how to fly a helicopter and had the physical wherewithal to assault Justin and nearly kill Bill, his problem is mental.  Nor, has it seemed to occurred to her that had Bill fallen out of the helicopter that Will would have been without his father!  Obviously, it hasn't occurred to the sour-faced shrew who is Will's mother either because she's so busy peeing on Ridge's leg.  But, it should have occurred to Brooke.  It's funny how she makes such a big deal about Ridge's fatherhood of RJ.  Yet, Bill has never abandoned his son; has never used him to score brownie points or to manipulate himself into Katie's life; and has actively fought to remain a presence in his son's life.  Meanwhile, Ridge has no problem taking off at the drop of a dime and being an absentee parent when the need suits him.  I also find it odd that Brooke hasn't wondered how Deacon knows so much about what's going on in other people's lives and how he's gained access to that info.  

As for Deacon, I'm still trying to also understand what he has to offer (other than a stiff one) that makes him a desirable partner.  Does he have a job?  Did he get a stipend after he left jail?  Frankly, he's in Brooke's orbit because he needs a storyline.  Because of the horrible way General Hospital treated Sean Kanan's character, he was suddenly available and TIIC snatched him up.  Now, they're trying to squeeze a round peg into a square hole and it's not quite working.  They can't even seem to remember that the character is supposed to be an alcoholic.  Now the writers want to revisit "what could have been" with Breacon.  Trying to resurrect that old ghost with hot flashbacks isn't enough--especially after they took great pains for two freaking years to build Brill's relationship.

Deacon and Quinnsane seem to be more well suited and have the potential to make quite a partnership.  Quinnsane will always have a storyline whether she's in Bill's orbit or not.  She still has her son, Chickenhead, to obsess over.  I'm still curious as to what happened to her business and whether or not she still has contractual obligations to Forrester Creations.  Or, will her son be taking over?  I'm still trying to understand how he doesn't get it by now that he was his little child bride's consolation prize.  Dude--where's your pride?  Any other guy would have annulled that shit by now and kept it moving.

• Love 4
I'm still trying to understand how he doesn't get it by now that he was his little child bride's consolation prize.  Dude--where's your pride?  Any other guy would have annulled that shit by now and kept it moving.

Up until he found out about Ivy and Liam being in Paris, I think Wyatt romantically believed it was "destiny" that he and Hope were finally wed. But now that he knows Liam and Ivy were only a few yards (or meters, I guess) away, I agree that he's gotta be thinking it was a lucky (for him) accident. When he finds out what Quinn did to Ivy he'll know it wasn't fate but instead more of his crazypants mother's manipulation and he'll feel cheapened. The question is, can he live with that as a cost of being with Hope?

• Love 3

Wyatt was laying some (partial) truth bombs on Liam today.  For the past 3 (of the 4-ish) years we've known him, we have seen Liam let a lot of stuff happen to him.  But I do know that if I was Liam, I wouldn't let my weasel brother give me some Miss Sophia "all my life" speech when he's only known Liam 1 year of his life and spent most of that time being completely antogonistic toward him.

And dumb, dumb Hope.  "I can't believe he was there!" "I'm married!"  Yup, well...

• Love 6

I need to rewatch because I was looking at it while working, but Wyatt seems to be drinking the same crazy juice as his mother. He can cling to the fantasy that he and Hope are "destined," if he wants. I'm starting to think his sanity is as precarious as his mother's. Liam is like WTF? Wonder how Wyatt will react when he realizes how devastated Dope by the news that Liam was there. Where is his fucking pride, is too right!

• Love 4

That scene is the first time I liked Wyatt as a character, though I have felt a little sorry for him in scenes with Quinn.

As a newer viewer, I find it odd to think that Liam is Bill's favorite son because I've been getting #teamwyatt vibes these last few weeks.

And I had no idea Ivy was "core family" - I thought she was some kind of assistant. 

He explained why he didn't do that - he wanted to surprise her.  I got that part.  Hindsight is clearly 20/20, but I've been in a situation (when I was younger, probably their ages) where I wasn't sure that a surprise was going to work out exactly the way I planned it and I could have ruined the surprise just to make sure that there was no confusion, but I didn't want to risk it.  My whole "future" wasn't on the line, though, so maybe I would have done something different in that situation.

I can see it to a point, but...  These two have a huge history of misunderstandings and jumping wildly into another relationship the second one of those misunderstandings occur.  The second he thought he was going to be late (we're talking before Ivy fell in, when they were already making their mad dash through the streets), he should have chucked the idea of the "surprise" being in them coming face to face and let it be "surprise, I'm in Paris, and the traffic sucks! Please wait just a little longer, and I'll be there with you."  

I had to laugh today at Liam's "it's easy to be the bigger man when you've won" (I'm paraphrasing here, but that was the gist of it).  Well, yeah, just like you were Mr. Magnanimous when you were the one who had Hope.  Liam has literally zero self-awareness, doesn't he?  He doesn't see himself in the actions of either Hope or Wyatt, despite the rather blatant similarities. He seems so genuinely dumbfounded and pissed that people would act exactly how he would act in their shoes. 

• Love 9

And dumb, dumb Hope. "I can't believe he was there!" "I'm married!" Yup, well...

Yeah that was actually a really nice moment of self awareness from Hope about all of this. That "WTF did I just do?!?" moment was long overdue.

Tessaray, Bill has had more years to bond with Liam. While Wyatt has had less time with Bill, he's just got more of Bill's assertive personality type. Liam is much more passive and reactionary.

So I don't think it's necessarily that Bill is #teamwyatt but he's just overprotective of Liam. He knows Liam is the extra sensitive type so he always errs on the side of Liam sucking it up and moving on. He's not really into the destiny of Hope and Liam, so when they hit a catastrophic roadblock (roughly every 8-9 months) you'll often find him forcefully telling Liam to get over her.

Edited by luvlee2003
  • Love 4

I need to rewatch because I was looking at it while working, but Wyatt seems to be drinking the same crazy juice as his mother. He can cling to the fantasy that he and Hope are "destined," if he wants. I'm starting to think his sanity is as precarious as his mother's.

Of course it's destiny! He pulled a "I wish I may, I wish I might" on the Effiel Tower!

• Love 3
I had to laugh today at Liam's "it's easy to be the bigger man when you've won" (I'm paraphrasing here, but that was the gist of it).  Well, yeah, just like you were Mr. Magnanimous when you were the one who had Hope.  Liam has literally zero self-awareness, doesn't he?  He doesn't see himself in the actions of either Hope or Wyatt, despite the rather blatant similarities. He seems so genuinely dumbfounded and pissed that people would act exactly how he would act in their shoes.

Exactly.  He's the biggest hypocrite.  Back in Italy, the shenanigans of Bill and Deacon made Hope late, he thinks she has rejected him and immediately flies home with Steffy.  Now in Paris, the shenanigans of Quinn made Liam late, she thinks he has rejected her and marries Wyatt.  How can he be so upset with her when he did the exact same thing?  They are both at fault.  She at least seems aware that a misunderstanding has occurred.  Whereas he just seems to blame her 100%.  He's an ass.[

Is Liam's mother on the canvas?
She's dead.  That's what graced us with Liam in the first place, she died and told Liam his father was in L.A. so he came looking for him. Edited by blackwing
  • Love 4

Quote of the day:

*looks around Brooke's mansion* "I could live here."

Dont you ever change, Deacon Sharpe.

Lol

What slays me is that this "epiphany" came after seeing a "fambly" photo on someone's phone.

I wish the writers would just quit playing and stop insulting the audience's intelligence.  How about actually having the character abandon all pretenses and admitting that this is what he had in mind all along?  Or, did they really think that viewers bought that hoo-ha about Deacon wanting to prove he had "changed for Hope's sake."

• Love 1

I need to rewatch because I was looking at it while working, but Wyatt seems to be drinking the same crazy juice as his mother. He can cling to the fantasy that he and Hope are "destined," if he wants. I'm starting to think his sanity is as precarious as his mother's. Liam is like WTF? Wonder how Wyatt will react when he realizes how devastated Dope by the news that Liam was there. Where is his fucking pride, is too right!

I've been saying this since the "I'm going to date both of you" fiasco after the pregnancy scare.  If Wyatt had the slightest sense of self-worth, he wouldn't even speak to Hope anymore.  She's a clown and if your brother wants to be with a Clown, good luck with that.  I laughed when Wyatt said Ivy probably wouldn't have drowned.

In a show teeming with stupidity, $Bill is the only person giving me strength.  Bill is the only character who consistently called out the 3 most annoying people on the show... Ridge, Katie, and Hope.  Everyone else is walking on egg shells around those 3 buffoons. 

• Love 2

I've been saying this since the "I'm going to date both of you" fiasco after the pregnancy scare.  If Wyatt had the slightest sense of self-worth, he wouldn't even speak to Hope anymore.  She's a clown and if your brother wants to be with a Clown, good luck with that.  I laughed when Wyatt said Ivy probably wouldn't have drowned.

In a show teeming with stupidity, $Bill is the only person giving me strength.  Bill is the only character who consistently called out the 3 most annoying people on the show... Ridge, Katie, and Hope.  Everyone else is walking on egg shells around those 3 buffoons. 

Well, Wynutt is his parents' son especially when it comes to what he wants!  LOL!  Why fake the funk at this point?  I'm still trying to figure out how Bill and Quinnsane, with their dark good looks, could have had a son who looks...so...well...washed out?

It's frightening that the show's resident asshole has the strength of character (HA!) to call out the show's pseudo-saints while everyone else treats them as if their fecal matter doesn't stink.  But, when you don't have much of a reputation to begin with, it affords you a certain level of freedom to do and say as you please.

• Love 1

Maybe it's just me, but after reading pages of discussion about Liam and Wyatt, I'm craving Chicken and Waffles.  In fact, I'd like to see them starring in a sitcom entitled just that.

I've actually had more than enough Chicken and Waffles. ;)

the show's resident asshole

I know who you're referring to but it could be so many others.

I don't think it matters if Waffle Jr called or not, she wasn't answering.

That clip of Stephanie getting shot was the best, was that Leslie Nielsen doing the stunt work?

My favorite moment today was when Chickenhead called Liam a bully. Liam couldn't bully a toddler.

• Love 3

This is what I love about Bill; he is not afraid to call anyone on their bullshit, and is the only one willing to take the pulpit in relation to Pouty Prince Forrester. I nearly busted a gut when he referred to His Royal Highnass as a Kamikaze, then went on to question Brooke about why she always gives PPF a pass. And all Brooke can say is, "Ridge doesn't lie to me?" Well fuck, I guess I have been watching a different show for about the last thirty years, cause I can think of plenty of times PPF has lied to Brooke:

Going along with Eric and Stephanie setting Brooke up with that smarmy lawyer

Leading Brooke to believe he was going to stay with her in order to get her to sign over the rights to BeLief

While in Italy, orchestrating the set up to convince Thorne that Brooke was still in love with him

I could go on, but who is splitting hairs, and this doesn't include the times he has out and out committed all manner of other douchery. Ridge is the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing, coming off as the pretty, principled, straight as an arrow, nice guy; when underneath all that finery, he is an ugly, seething, mass of snobbery, and bitterness, and superiority.

I was really, really disappointed with Brooke today, as I watched her piss away the best thing that has ever happened to her. And I am calling a big friggin foul if Brooke falls into Deacon's waiting arms. I like Deacon, and think he can add a lot to the show, but not if he is with Brooke. Let him concentrate on other things that matter in life, things like, oh let's see.......getting gainful employment, a place to live, his relationship with his daughter, and last but not least, his own personal demons. He might even set out to find the alphabet son he has apparently forgotten all about. No one's intentions are pure here; Deacon wants Brooke, Quinn wants Bill, Ridge wants undivided adulation and support, and Katie wants Brooke alone and hurting for Bill. For the life of me, I can't figure out which one pisses me off more.

Wyatt definetly sounded like the stronger Spencer brother today; the only thing he forgot to tell Liam was that the early bird gets the worm.

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 1

I loved Wyatt today, he was so right on for everything. Everything happens to Liam. Even Hope taking the diamond for the work line was something that Liam made about happening to him. "You can't do that, because of me...." 

He also on the other hand, said he needs and loves his brother. He really sounded like a stronger male adult and not a whiny child like Liam.

• Love 3

Ridge is the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing, coming off as the pretty, principled, straight as an arrow, nice guy; when underneath all that finery, he is an ugly, seething, mass of snobbery, and bitterness, and superiority.

At least in the distant past, Ridge would get called on this. I just started watching some of the old 1987 episodes on YT, and plenty of people called him on being arrogant, and Bill Sr was around to lay the smack down on him. Then around 2003 after Taylor died, TIIC just let his tyranny run unchecked: his abuse to Darla and even to Amber was just sickening.

• Love 4

Just watched today's. I thought Wyatt was spot on today during his convo with Beady Eyes.

1) Everything always happens TO Liam. Liam is such a victim, he's always playing the victim card and never takes any responsibility for his own contributions to his woes.

2) Did he even call Steffy when he was in Paris? They're supposed to be friends.

3) Ivy probably wouldn't have drowned. Hah.

• Love 3

Word to all of the above re: Liam and Wyatt.

The person I'm starting to get stabby about is Brooke. ITA that she always gives Sludge a free pass. I admire Bill's patience with her. How many times now has she postponed marrying him?

ITA with Brooke's yellow stringy hair. She looks great except for that mess on her head.

• Love 2

Chicken Head believes that his lunatic mother tried to murder Liam because he "bullied" her? WTF? Chicken Head is as stupid as he looks. All that shit he was spouting about Liam being handed everything (gee, guess that beach house wasn't handed to you) was ridiculous considering that everything CH has is because his mommy arranged for him to get it. He wouldn't have the Spencer name or Dope if not for mommy.

And Brooke...go bleep yourself. You are truly an idiot.

• Love 5

Ivy probably wouldn't have drowned. Hah.

I'm really surprised that Liam didn't begin to wonder if Chicken Head had pushed ivy off the bridge after that comment was made.

• Love 2

I'm really surprised that Liam didn't begin to wonder if Chicken Head had pushed ivy off the bridge after that comment was made.

I'd bet we'll see him flash back to that comment when Ivy mentions that it felt kind of like she was pushed.  

This is what I love about Bill; he is not afraid to call anyone on their bullshit, and is the only one willing to take the pulpit in relation to Pouty Prince Forrester. I nearly busted a gut when he referred to His Royal Highnass as a Kamikaze, then went on to question Brooke about why she always gives PPF a pass. And all Brooke can say is, "Ridge doesn't lie to me?" Well fuck, I guess I have been watching a different show for about the last thirty years, cause I can think of plenty of times PPF has lied to Brooke:

Going along with Eric and Stephanie setting Brooke up with that smarmy lawyer

Leading Brooke to believe he was going to stay with her in order to get her to sign over the rights to BeLief

While in Italy, orchestrating the set up to convince Thorne that Brooke was still in love with him

I could go on, but who is splitting hairs, and this doesn't include the times he has out and out committed all manner of other douchery. Ridge is the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing, coming off as the pretty, principled, straight as an arrow, nice guy; when underneath all that finery, he is an ugly, seething, mass of snobbery, and bitterness, and superiority.

I was really, really disappointed with Brooke today, as I watched her piss away the best thing that has ever happened to her. And I am calling a big friggin foul if Brooke falls into Deacon's waiting arms. I like Deacon, and think he can add a lot to the show, but not if he is with Brooke. Let him concentrate on other things that matter in life, things like, oh let's see.......getting gainful employment, a place to live, his relationship with his daughter, and last but not least, his own personal demons. He might even set out to find the alphabet son he has apparently forgotten all about. No one's intentions are pure here; Deacon wants Brooke, Quinn wants Bill, Ridge wants undivided adulation and support, and Katie wants Brooke alone and hurting for Bill. For the life of me, I can't figure out which one pisses me off more.

So much WORD to all of this!

This is why I objected so strenuously when the Ridge character was brought back to the show.  I knew the writing would regress for Brooke as she slipped back into Stepford Wife mode to appease his ego.  The only thing she hasn't done is get a glassy eyed look and slowly repeat, "Ridge--you are king!  You are my everything!  No man compares to you!  You are king!  I worship and adore you!  You are king!"

How Brooke can constantly defend that creep is simply astounding.  Evidently, she has forgotten even the most recent examples of his betrayal, dishonesty and douchery.  Did she not remember the words, "Katie and are together now?"  How about discovering that Katie faked a cardiac episode to stop GarBridge Wedding #666?  How about Ridge willingly (and happily) going along with Katie in limiting Bill's custodial time with Will?  I wish I could say I don't get it, but I do.

The character has had a handful of epiphanies during her torturous 30-year history with the cretin, Ridge.  How she can stand there and mouth the words that Ridge hasn't lied to her is beyond ridiculous.  How could she forget the betrayals, humiliations, and other acts of douchery?  I guess she forgot the "wife tryouts" he insisted on with Taylor returned from the crypt the second time around.  She obviously forgot about Ridge renewing his vows with Taylor at Stephanie's hospital bedside (another faked heart attack) and not even having the decency to let her know that he had done so.  His mother gleefully told Brooke the news.  When Brooke put Ridge to the question and all he could do was whine about her being unfair, she took her rings off, handed them to him and told him she was holding out for something better and someone who could put her first.  Don't even get me started on the fact that the creep sexually assaulted her while she was zonked out on anti-depressants after she repeatedly told him to leave her home and that she was going to bed.  So what does he do?  He mulls it over after she goes upstairs, jumps in her shower and crawls his trifling ass into her bed without her consent or apparent knowledge.  He even admitted to Taylor that the sex "wasn't exactly consensual."  The only reason Brooke didn't press charges, as she told him, was because she didn't want the "scandal" to embarrass her children.  Frankly, that's a "scandal" I would have been more than happy to see Brooke involved in.  Like you, I could go on.

This brings me to ask if there are any female writers on staff.  At this point, Brooke should resent the hell out of Ridge.  When does she get to do that and have it stick for more than a day?  She should also have another epiphany and realize that Ridge and Katie have been free to have their own little thing without any guilt, remorse, or anyone constantly in their faces telling them that it's wrong or questioning their sanity.  Yet, she hasn't had a moment's peace ever since she and Bill got engaged.  

I'm also calling a big foul and F-U to the writers if this mess was penned solely so that Deacon can have a storyline and a chance to bed Brooke.

• Love 6

I'm finding Katie's and Ridge's relationship increasingly...gross. Their whole "love affair" is defined by sticking it to their exes. I think it is really bad soap writing that Katie doesn't even question why Ridge went scurrying off to the middle east to stop Brooke's wedding. That's a big ol' red flag, but maybe all Katie cares about is that it matches her shitty engagement ribbon.

Wyatt definetly sounded like the stronger Spencer brother today; the only thing he forgot to tell Liam was that the early bird gets the worm.

Liam doesn't act; he is acted upon. He's a borderline inanimate object.

Ridge is the proverbial wolf in sheeps clothing, coming off as the pretty, principled, straight as an arrow, nice guy; when underneath all that finery, he is an ugly, seething, mass of snobbery, and bitterness, and superiority.

Don't forget his disturbing relationship with his mother!

• Love 3

Brooke is too involved in her own drama to advise Hope on what should happen next.

Frigging good. That's been one of the problems with Hope and Liam: their parents fighting their battles for them. Caroline the First was also a sheltered daddy's girl but moved out after she saw what a manipulator and control freak he was. She DID something to change.

OTOH, Hope and Liam and Wyatt and to a lesser extent Steffy are all a bunch of man-children that play house to me. Let them sort things out, FFS.

• Love 1

At least in the distant past, Ridge would get called on this. I just started watching some of the old 1987 episodes on YT, and plenty of people called him on being arrogant, and Bill Sr was around to lay the smack down on him. Then around 2003 after Taylor died, TIIC just let his tyranny run unchecked: his abuse to Darla and even to Amber was just sickening.

In light of the swill that we've been served up in recent months, I've come to appreciate those character-building episodes more and more.  The funny thing is that because of Caroline's earnestness and insistence that she was still a virgin and Ridge hadn't forced himself on her, Bill was briefly willing to give Ridge the benefit of the doubt and accept him as his son-in-law.  He even tried to call off the PI he had following Ridge, only for Ridge to turn right around and confirm everything that Bill believed about him.  Bill was fucking awesome when he smacked Ridge down for his arrogance and for dogging Caroline out.

Ridge's own family was doubtful about his ability to remain faithful to Caroline and had no trouble saying so.  Stephanie was none too thrilled about the engagement although Caroline was a "nice girl" and she wondered if Caroline was pregnant.  Thorne practically punched Ridge out when he discovered that Ridge misled him into believing he was having dinner with Caroline on the night he made his "mistake."  Eric even tried to have "the talk" with Ridge about whether he had what it took to be a husband.

I even recall Thorne once mentioning that when they were children, Ridge would discard a toy he no longer wanted.  The moment one of the other kids picked it up, Ridge would whine and put up such a fuss that their parents insisted that the other child return the toy to Ridge.  That's exactly how he has approached his relationship with Brooke.  He can discard her and the moment another man shows an interest, here he comes to reclaim his Brooke-toy.  Except his methods have gone well beyond simply whining and throwing tantrums.

Now, everyone acts as if he has always been a great husband, a great father, and a wonderful human being instead of the self-involved jackass that Bill, Sr. pegged him as back in 1987.

Don't forget his disturbing relationship with his mother!

I mentioned further upthread that their disturbing relationship was established early on when Stephanie typically kissed Ridge on the lips, while she kissed her other children (or at least Thorne) on the cheek.  She really couldn't be bothered with showing her daughters an ounce of affection.  During one of their arguments about the state of their marriage in 1987, Stephanie admitted to Eric that Ridge had become the No. 1 man in her life "by default" and that out of all the children, he was the only one who loved her unconditionally.  I won't even touch on her bizarre interest in his sex life that spanned several decades.

• Love 5

Yesterd

Chicken Head believes that his lunatic mother tried to murder Liam because he "bullied" her? WTF? Chicken Head is as stupid as he looks. All that shit he was spouting about Liam being handed everything (gee, guess that beach house wasn't handed to you) was ridiculous considering that everything CH has is because his mommy arranged for him to get it. He wouldn't have the Spencer name or Dope if not for mommy.
And Brooke...go bleep yourself. You are truly an idiot.

Seriously. Wyatt was talking out both sides of his chicken head and is as delusional as Quinnsane (love that moniker!). One minute he's berating Liam because things "happen" to him and the next he's accusing him of "bullying" Quinn. Liam is not a mean or rude person but he did give it all he got in response to her constant harassment and insults and orders to stay away from Hope, who was his Dope first. And again, I think Wyatt's really jealous of Liam's relationship with Bill because they actually have one. He's been too busy chasing after Dope's ass to cultivate a bond with his father but is only too happy to accept the monetary trappings of being a Spencer and probably resents the hell out of the fact that he wouldn't have the name if his sick mother hadn't bullied Bill into doing it.

And Wyatt has no grace whatsover and is a fucking liar. If he really cared for Liam as a brother as he said, he would have not whisked off the idiot bride to get married less than an hour after the clock struck 3. In fact, he was stalking the stupid Dope in the hope that Liam wouldn't show up. It is laughable that he demands Liam respect the marriage when he didn't respect Liam enough to even try for one second to stay away from Hope no matter what signals she was sending him and chased after her no holds barred.

Also, how well do Dope and Wynot even know each other? I know they like to fuck but what else have they got going for them? Not much else, he will soon see when hope gets jealous when Liam moves on.

That said, Wyatt was right when he said that Liam should have called to let her know he was coming to Paris.

• Love 5

Quoted for Truth!  I sometimes watch the show with someone who never watched before TK arrived.  I roll my eyes a lot at her comments about Ridge being good, and Bill being pure evil. 

Ridge isn't a good guy and is possibly (hopefully) not even Ridge but Bill isn't a good guy either so while it might be entertaining to see Bill call KatRidge out for being the assholes they are it's a pot/kettle situation to me. I think KatRidge have a slight upper hand in this situation because Bill did order Justin to drop him from the chopper, cowardly covered it up and Ridge is injured.  Doesn't make Ridge any less of an intrusive, controlling ass but it is true.

Really all of these characters have worn the asshat, including Brooke and Katie.

• Love 1

Wynot cracks me up: I need to know Hope married me because of choice and not because of you, he tells Quinnsane. What drug is he on? She married him not out of choice but because Liam wasn't there. Pass the crack, dude.

Deacon is a dick. Dope most certainly can fix things. She can fake annul her fake marriage. 

What a great start their life is getting off to. The bride mourning the loss of another man. Nice.

• Love 1

I honestly don't know what C&W (Chicken and Waffles) see in Hope. She's drippy, not especially intelligent, and everyone has to tell us how awesome she is because we wouldn't see it for ourselves.   I keep hoping Chicken will find an intelligent woman with his mom's smarts but without her personality disorders and deliver snappy dialogue like "Moonlighting" had, and Waffles will find some schmoopy "Notebook" lovin' girl who'll be entranced by his Sad-Eyed Liam of the Lowlands demeanour.  Otherwise, it'll be years of the characters trapped in a revolving door love story.  

Edited by IOU Payne
  • Love 9

Am I the only one who thinks of Mildred Pierce (Joan or Kate versions) every time I see Chicken & Waffles?

I haven't watched in a couple of days, it just seems my favorite characters are going through some personality or plot transformations.  Aly has been defanged, Bill is still on the receiving end of some ridiculous bullshit and Quinn is now wearing floppy black hats instead of safety helmets.  I'll still be checking the thread in case Aly goes off her meds, Brooke forgives Bill or Quinn picks up the blowtorch.

• Love 3
Ivy is trying to persuade Hope to get an annulment.  Maybe Ivy has some brain damage from her fall into the water.

I'll be disappointed if any annulment scenes don't involve Wyatt insisting "we consummated like bunnies!" 

• Love 5

Am I the only one who thinks of Mildred Pierce (Joan or Kate versions) every time I see Chicken & Waffles?

It always makes me think of Archer.

It irritates me so much whenever Chickenhead or his wonderful mom try to pull the everything was handed to Liam card, Wyatt didn't even have to take a dna test to join the Spencer rewards program.

I like TK as an actor but I don't think he'll ever have a moment as iconic as "THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN RICK !"

• Love 2

It always makes me think of Archer.

It irritates me so much whenever Chickenhead or his wonderful mom try to pull the everything was handed to Liam card, Wyatt didn't even have to take a dna test to join the Spencer rewards program.

I like TK as an actor but I don't think he'll ever have a moment as iconic as "THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN RICK !"

Please tell me that Chickenhead had a toke or two of some really good Mary Jane before he had that conversation with his mama?   Come on, dude--quit playing!  

How else did he think his good fortune all came about?  He knows good and damn well what that soulless cypher who is his mother is capable of.  Plus, he's already shown that he will take Hope any way he can get her, whether it's on the rebound or if it's because of a big assist from mama.  So, why is he twisting himself into knots now because he wants to be absolutely sure that mama had nothing to do with his latest good fortune [cough! cough!] in marrying Hope?

Wait...you don't think nu-Ridge falling out of a helicopter and being "cooled off" in the Gulf isn't an iconic moment?  At the very least, it's the first real bath he's had since he returned to Los Angeles!

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 10