Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

When I came back to watching BB after many years, the Hope character was played by another actress, and I do not know her name, but she had a small part at that time. It was after they switched actresses, that the Hope character got a bigger story line, but I don't recall her ever designing any clothes. She was I believe just a teen aged spokes model person, and then the writers decided to turn it into this god awful fiasco known as  teen Forrester/Logan triangle number 2. But I will give KM credit for improving somewhat on her character, but still in my opinion, and I have no explanation for it, other than the fact that I don't care for the Hope character as well as I did the Steffy bad girl character. Well........I guess I did explain it because I liked Susan Flannerys Stephanie and I kinda like Quinn, so guess Im a fan of the bad girls and bad boys!

• Love 1

Wow, what a load of contrived crap!  Why did Ivy get out of the car?  Just to run with Liam?  I didn't understand Liam telling the driver where to take their luggage...what would have made sense (which of course was not written) would be for Liam to tell Ivy that he's getting out of the car to run & meet Hope, and Ivy could stay in the car, get the bags, and check into wherever they were staying.  I'm not sure I could watch this nonsense much longer :(

• Love 4

I was laughing from the beginning til the end of Friday's show.  From Quinn popping up from behind a car as Liam drove off to the airport, to her clutching her magazine and seething as she sat RIGHT behind Liam and Ivy listening in, to her non chalant noodging of Ivy off the bridge...I am convinced Quinn needs a theme song to be playing subtly in the background when she's on.  Or does she and OI haven't noticed?  Hm.  Between Liam's run across Paris, kind of like Ridge's full sprint across the biggest hotel courtyard I've ever seen and his pained "I have to fart, but I might shit" look of panicked indecision..it was all comedy gold.  So now Hope is the SOLE model at an international photo shoot?  They couldn't have had a couple of background pretties in bright dresses to flip their hair and place their hands on their hips too?  Why go to all the trouble of permits and flights and gowns and French photographers for ONE model?  And isn't Business Suit Maya supposed to be the Face of HFTF, shouldn't she be modelling some Project Runway round 4 dresses too? Aside from that, I almost don't care how many failed wedding attempts any couple has now, as long as they keep giving me these gorgeous location shoots!  It doesn't hurt my brain as much if I don't think about the stories, and just focus on the pretty.

• Love 2

When I came back to watching BB after many years, the Hope character was played by another actress, and I do not know her name, but she had a small part at that time. It was after they switched actresses, that the Hope character got a bigger story line, but I don't recall her ever designing any clothes. She was I believe just a teen aged spokes model person, and then the writers decided to turn it into this god awful fiasco known as teen Forrester/Logan triangle number 2. But I will give KM credit for improving somewhat on her character!

Kim Matula is the only actress to portray 18 year old /adult Hope. Prior to her, Hope was portrayed as a 6 year old by the Pace twins. I really liked Hope as a 6 year old, the actresses were great.
  • Love 4

The shortest version is that Bill owned the company and after a failed attempt on the Forresters to sabotage it from the inside, Steffy tried seducing Bill. Around that time, he made Katie CEO and Katie being the passive aggressive bitch we all love to hate made Hope the spokesmodel for their new teen line, cuz Steffy had a hate on for all things Logan.

ETA: Never have I hoped for a spoiler to not come to pass. That said,

TIIC have done fuck all following that up, apart from necessary throw away lines during the horrid Brooke/Nick/Bridget fiasco, so I guess resetting Hope's paternity does nothing too damaging to the narrative as is.

....and I just realized that would also mean Not-So-Little Eric can join in the fray with the Idiot Brothers to bone her. That's what the show needs, more guys fighting over her. God help us.

Thx for the info. I don't see anything wrong with how she got her line or why she's called a Princess. Caroline has gotten a lot of kudos, not just Hope and Hope has worked hard on her line. She's just the model and the head of her line, not a designer and she doesn't have to be so I don't get it, shrugs.

When I came back to watching BB after many years, the Hope character was played by another actress, and I do not know her name, but she had a small part at that time. It was after they switched actresses, that the Hope character got a bigger story line, but I don't recall her ever designing any clothes. She was I believe just a teen aged spokes model person, and then the writers decided to turn it into this god awful fiasco known as teen Forrester/Logan triangle number 2. But I will give KM credit for improving somewhat on her character, but still in my opinion, and I have no explanation for it, other than the fact that I don't care for the Hope character as well as I did the Steffy bad girl character. Well........I guess I did explain it because I liked Susan Flannerys Stephanie and I kinda like Quinn, so guess Im a fan of the bad girls and bad boys!

And there's nothing wrong with that but soaps need good characters too and Hope is one of them. Of course she's been tarnished a bit by fucking brothers, yuk, but she's still a whole lot better than most of the female characters, IMO anyway.

Wow, what a load of contrived crap! Why did Ivy get out of the car? Just to run with Liam? I didn't understand Liam telling the driver where to take their luggage...what would have made sense (which of course was not written) would be for Liam to tell Ivy that he's getting out of the car to run & meet Hope, and Ivy could stay in the car, get the bags, and check into wherever they were staying. I'm not sure I could watch this nonsense much longer :(

I didn't see anything wrong with it but those who hate Liam will. To each their own.

Just looked up the twins that played Hope, and apparently they were the original Abby on Y&R as newborns.

So I watched all the 1997 episodes I could find and downloaded one from 2007 by accident in the process, all full of Rick/Phoebe's FORBIDDEN LUV, OMG LOL !1!! ONE I never thought the day would come where I'd have any positive thing to say about them, but the actors had some chemistry together. Not enough to negate the fact that "they're practically related" (a verbatim quote in the episode i saw, from Ridge, king of hypocrisy) but definitely more heat than Lope has had in a long time, if ever. I still hate Gorrilick's Tarzan hair, though.

As for 1997, that was a banner year for this show--Brooke's marriage to Grant; the shooting of Grant that Ridge took the rap for to protect Rick; Taylor getting wasted after Waffle stood her up to fight "for the company" and nearly dies in a fire as a result; pregnant Sheila stirring up trouble with James and Maggie(one episode mentoons Sheila having started a new life in a little town called Furance Creek, where she met Amber); Eric in a plane crash; Taylor is pregnant with Thomas, and I think Eric and Lauren had a flirtation/fling thing in there somewhere. Plus, people had actual jobs. Whst a world of difference from even ten years later, let alone today.

I do have one question, though: why did Brooke marry Grant? From what I gathered, she didn't seem too into the guy, which except for the sham marriage to Whip she normally doesn't do. And, oddly, he seems okay with that.The Forresters seemed to loathe him when theu though Brooke would turn the company over to him (which was the reason Ridge stood up Taylor in the example I mentioned earlier). It just seems...odd.

• Love 1
But what Shleppy and Bill did r the reasons they didn't get married and the show made that perfectly clear. I also said that Hope should have never run off but that's how it was written and the characters can't make their own choices. I always blame the writer instead of the characters. I don feel insulted or r that it's lazy writing, it's just the way Bell chooses to write the SL, also Lope r star crossed lovers so it makes sense. Maybe if some hate Lope, Hope, and Liam they'll find any reason to hate them which is fine although I don't get it but thx for answering my question.

By that token, then why blame Bill, Steffy, Quinn, etc?  It's the writers who make them do the stuff they do to interfere with Hope and Liam. 

I think most viewers base their opinions of the characters on how they're written, unless they have a long history of watching a specific character and know they're being written wildly out of character.  I don't think anything in Hope or Liam's history contradicts how they're acting now, in fact, it IS how they've acted for years.  This is who they are as a couple - they proclaim their love, they gripe about the outside interference, they do little to nothing to minimize the outside interference, and then when they have a misunderstanding (either their own boneheaded moves or the actions of some of that outside interference), they cut bait and run to "next available body."  Then they find out that they had a misunderstanding or someone interfered to manipulate events, they deal with the fallout, eventually get back together, then lather, rinse, repeat.  Again, and again, and again.  

I can't speak for anyone else, but, personally, that's why I checked out of rooting for them as a couple a few "misunderstandings" or so back.  I didn't want Liam/Steffy, because I didn't think Steffy should be rewarded for her behavior by getting the guy (and there was the ick of Bill seeming to want to live vicariously through his son fucking Steffy), but when Wyatt showed up, I loved that there was someone in the picture who just wanted Hope, who recognized that Liam was a bonehead for how he had acted over the course of their relationship (since it seems that, before Wyatt and Quinn hit town, nobody in town was allowed to point out that Liam did some really shitty things, and that maybe Hope should wonder if he was the right guy for her).  

Having said all of that, this current story is doing neither any favors.  Liam couldn't just tell Hope he was coming, or call her when he was running late to meet her.  Hope is likely going to wait exactly one millisecond past the appointed time before she takes off with Wyatt, instead of giving him a few minutes (for traffic, or what have you), or being a grown up and calling him to see "why didn't you come?" They both look stupid beyond belief, but, honestly, if it results in them not marrying, I don't really care.  These two should not marry.  If they did, every time one of them was 5 minutes late coming home from work for dinner, the other would be calling their divorce lawyer (on speed dial) and running off with "next available body."  Just end this already.  

• Love 17
I am convinced Quinn needs a theme song to be playing subtly in the background when she's on.

Yeesss; all the couples have their "music" right?

So now Hope is the SOLE model at an international photo shoot?

But, but.......no one else can wear the magical diamond but Hope.

all full of Rick/Phoebe's FORBIDDEN LUV

That SL caused me to tune out for about five years. I just couldn't with another "near incestuous" relationship on this show.

Gorrilick's

One of my favorite pet names ever.

As for 1997, that was a banner year for this show

Indeed. I can remember being anxious to get home and watch everyday, and remember quite clearly my fury if the show was pre-empted for anything!

Did anyone else find it odd that just a few days ago Liam was hobbling around LA on his broken foot, and yesterday he was sprinting all across Paris? Miraculous recovery?

I think the hilarity of it all prevented me from processing this. Great catch.

KerleyQ, your post nailed it!!

Word.

• Love 1

I don't know who Loose Lips is; I actually saw that spoiler on another board. What is this person's beef with KKL? I have always heard the polar opposite about her. I generally give spoilers the hairy eyeball, I just enjoy sharing what I read. And you are correct; rewriting or wiping out years of history has never stopped Bradley.

As for the spoiler itself,

I think it could prove pretty interesting. I was a hugh fan of Brooke & Thorne, and was royally pissed off when they broke them up so ridiculously. Does this mean we would have Bill, Deacon and Thorne fighting for Brooke? And to think that Thorne is involved with Taylor; what poetic justice that would be for that devilish birthday reveal about Bill & Brooke. My only concern is this; I think Brooke is going to end up boinking Deacon. He is clearly going to be working the dual parenting thing, and it seems like Brooke is softening some. Then, they will find out Hope isn't Deacon's at all. Would Brooke reject Deacon? If so, would that be what pushes him back into the darkness?

I've learned to take anything that Loose Lips posts with a huge grain of salt.  Most of what she/he posts as spoilers are speculation with a heavy dose of Brooke-KKL bashing thrown into the mix.  She/he is very seldom right about anything as a lot of the so-called spoilers never come to pass.  Plus this person fancies himself/herself as some kind of industry insider.

Plus, this person is a huge HT/Taylor fan and went on a tear blaming KKL for HT's current employment status.  Never mind that HT herself indicated in numerous interviews that she couldn't come to terms with Bradley when her contract came up for renewal.  

• Love 1

She should really be blaming The Great Heather Tom for Hunter Tylo's current status, not Lang. Bradley scored a major coup with The Great Heather Tom, as such, Hunter Tylo's story dries up. He probably wanted to put her on recurring and told her she'd get a paycut. Her ego couldn't take it, so she quits in a huff. She probably expected him to crawl back to her. But if there's one thing consistent about Bradley, it's that he doesn't play those games.

Same thing seems to be happening with Jacqueline Wood. She probably thought her job was secure while she took her self-imposed break. But now they cast someone who looks a lot like her and seems to be playing her role. Don't think Steffy will come back anytime soon.

• Love 2
Who would have known she had a motorcycle license, and was so adept at maneuvering one in heavy traffic in a foreign country.

Had the plane landed 15 minutes earlier, she would have been flying a chopper.

• Love 3

We have no idea yet if she's even going to marry Weanie!! Hope did date, both Weanie and Liam. While it was a very poor choice, she did date. I don't understand why her and Liam r so hated. It makes no sense to me. I also don't understand why Hope is called a Princess. Nobody treats her like one that I can see. Maybe somebody wouldn't mind explaining it to me. Nobody has to of course so don't think u do ok?

I'm sorry, but I thought this was explained ad naseaum.  My reasons for considering Hope a princess really don't bear repeating.  Nor, do I understand why it is so difficult to accept that not everybody digs Hope and Lame or considers their uber dysfunctional relationship a true romance.  I love KKL and have loved her and the Brooke character since the show's inception.  I have ridden with Brooke through many bone-headed, damaging and downright trifling actions.  However, I am willing to accept that not only is the character a polarizing one but some fans hate her with a purple passion.  Some fans have never forgiven her for that letter she purloined from Ridge to the much-lamented Caroline.  Hell, during the heyday of the board wars between the Brookies and the Taylorettes, my own morals were questioned by fans who couldn't separate the "reel" from the "real" because I preferred the "trampy" character over the supposed good girl.  It's the stuff that soaps are made of and Bradley capitalized off it for years to keep the Triangle of Doom going beyond its use-by date.  It's not my place to question why Stephanie (a woman I considered to be Satan's representative on earth) had so many supporters.  I learned to appreciate Susan Flannery's talent and although I believed Stephanie was a vile creature, SF managed to infuse Stephanie with enough humanity where I could at least understand where she was coming from.

It's immaterial to me whether Hope dates 1 man or 10.  I just wish I didn't have to be treated to her treks to the altar ever 6 months especially when the scripts practically write themselves because (a) the wedding will be sabotaged by the stupidity of the participants involved; (b) even if the wedding takes place the marriage will be considered null and void in the United States simply because; and © these weddings practically eat the entire show for weeks on end.

• Love 11

Why go to all the trouble of permits and flights and gowns and French photographers for ONE model?  And isn't Business Suit Maya supposed to be the Face of HFTF, shouldn't she be modelling some Project Runway round 4 dresses too?

Speaking of the gowns, I thought HFTF was supposed to be a line for young women (I was under the impression late teens through mid twenties).  If so, why did the shoot show nothing but gowns? 

• Love 3

By that token, then why blame Bill, Steffy, Quinn, etc? It's the writers who make them do the stuff they do to interfere with Hope and Liam.

I think most viewers base their opinions of the characters on how they're written, unless they have a long history of watching a specific character and know they're being written wildly out of character. I don't think anything in Hope or Liam's history contradicts how they're acting now, in fact, it IS how they've acted for years. This is who they are as a couple - they proclaim their love, they gripe about the outside interference, they do little to nothing to minimize the outside interference, and then when they have a misunderstanding (either their own boneheaded moves or the actions of some of that outside interference), they cut bait and run to "next available body." Then they find out that they had a misunderstanding or someone interfered to manipulate events, they deal with the fallout, eventually get back together, then lather, rinse, repeat. Again, and again, and again.

I can't speak for anyone else, but, personally, that's why I checked out of rooting for them as a couple a few "misunderstandings" or so back. I didn't want Liam/Steffy, because I didn't think Steffy should be rewarded for her behavior by getting the guy (and there was the ick of Bill seeming to want to live vicariously through his son fucking Steffy), but when Wyatt showed up, I loved that there was someone in the picture who just wanted Hope, who recognized that Liam was a bonehead for how he had acted over the course of their relationship (since it seems that, before Wyatt and Quinn hit town, nobody in town was allowed to point out that Liam did some really shitty things, and that maybe Hope should wonder if he was the right guy for her).

Having said all of that, this current story is doing neither any favors. Liam couldn't just tell Hope he was coming, or call her when he was running late to meet her. Hope is likely going to wait exactly one millisecond past the appointed time before she takes off with Wyatt, instead of giving him a few minutes (for traffic, or what have you), or being a grown up and calling him to see "why didn't you come?" They both look stupid beyond belief, but, honestly, if it results in them not marrying, I don't really care. These two should not marry. If they did, every time one of them was 5 minutes late coming home from work for dinner, the other would be calling their divorce lawyer (on speed dial) and running off with "next available body." Just end this already.

We don't know if Hope is going to run off with Weanie yet because the SL hasn't played out. It was always outside interference that came between them and again the characters couldn't do anything to change it, that's how they're written. They don't have a free will and yes, it's the same for all the characters. Some just act like the characters can do something different to change the situation.

I don't see Liam as a bonehead but Weanie sure is. He tried to steal his own brother's fiancé and tried to sleep with her right under his own brother's nose FGS and he keeps big secrets from her yet some probably think he's perfect and is good for Hope, ugh!!

Then there's his crazy mama who's on the loose and just pushed Ivy in the river. She has this crazy notion that if she can keep Liam away that Hope will marry her precious baby boy but I don't see it happening because Hope just doesn't do irrational things like marry somebody she's not in love with. She has feelings for him but that's totally different. That's just not her.

Could somebody please tell me how to post spoilers? Whenever I try it comes out wrong. Thx.

She should really be blaming The Great Heather Tom for Hunter Tylo's current status, not Lang. Bradley scored a major coup with The Great Heather Tom, as such, Hunter Tylo's story dries up. He probably wanted to put her on recurring and told her she'd get a paycut. Her ego couldn't take it, so she quits in a huff. She probably expected him to crawl back to her. But if there's one thing consistent about Bradley, it's that he doesn't play those games.

Same thing seems to be happening with Jacqueline Wood. She probably thought her job was secure while she took her self-imposed break. But now they cast someone who looks a lot like her and seems to be playing her role. Don't think Steffy will come back anytime soon.

And thank gawd!!

I'm sorry, but I thought this was explained ad naseaum. My reasons for considering Hope a princess really don't bear repeating. Nor, do I understand why it is so difficult to accept that not everybody digs Hope and Lame or considers their uber dysfunctional relationship a true romance. I love KKL and have loved her and the Brooke character since the show's inception. I have ridden with Brooke through many bone-headed, damaging and downright trifling actions. However, I am willing to accept that not only is the character a polarizing one but some fans hate her with a purple passion. Some fans have never forgiven her for that letter she purloined from Ridge to the much-lamented Caroline. Hell, during the heyday of the board wars between the Brookies and the Taylorettes, my own morals were questioned by fans who couldn't separate the "reel" from the "real" because I preferred the "trampy" character over the supposed good girl. It's the stuff that soaps are made of and Bradley capitalized off it for years to keep the Triangle of Doom going beyond its use-by date. It's not my place to question why Stephanie (a woman I considered to be Satan's representative on earth) had so many supporters. I learned to appreciate Susan Fla7nnery's talent and although I believed Stephanie was a vile creature, SF managed to infuse Stephanie with enough humanity where I could at least understand where she was coming from.

It's immaterial to me whether Hope dates 1 man or 10. I just wish I didn't have to be treated to her treks to the altar ever 6 months especially when the scripts practically write themselves because (a) the wedding will be sabotaged by the stupidity of the participants involved; (b) even if the wedding takes place the marriage will be considered null and void in the United States simply because; and © these weddings practically eat the entire show for weeks on end.

I said nobody had to answer and I never said everybody had to like her. I was just curious why she's called a Princess. My goodness!!

I still can't see that she's a Princess and she can't help that her line was given to her. At least she's working it and trying to make it successful.

Edited by meow

Years ago I stopped watching B&B because of the over the top worship of all things Logan, especially Logan cooter. From what I have been reading, I finally understand this is pretty much the act of one person in power. What a pity to have literally destroyed a pretty entertaining show and reduced many of the characters to a hollow shell of their former selves. It is especially evident in the up and coming generation of vapid 20-somethings who have little talent, no depth and are overall, totally predictable and completely uninteresting. I guess TPTB decided that the glorification of all things Logan is worth it, but I sorely miss the lack of balance.

• Love 2

Speaking of the gowns, I thought HFTF was supposed to be a line for young women (I was under the impression late teens through mid twenties).  If so, why did the shoot show nothing but gowns? 

That's what I wondered as well. I suppose gowns are the only products out of the HFTF line that "complement" that gawdy diamond. It would have made more sense to have Maya and other models along for the shoot to show more of the line -- especially from a cost perspective. Showing gowns seemed somewhat contradictory to Hope's message. Not that I expected the models garbed in recycled trash bags, but nonetheless. As if FC's designs to even begin to compete with French fashion.

Word. to KerleyQ's and MulletorHater's posts!

Why does marriage have to be the end-all/be-all for everybody? Especially when they are so young? Given the track record of the show, regardless of who Hope marries, it's guaranteed to end in divorce. The only couple that I can think of that didn't eventually split up as Thorne and Darla and that's after Thorne married and divorced Macy umpteen times.

In addition to being immature, I think that Hope is spoiled and self-centered. How many times has she whined and demanded that everybody drop what they are doing to dote on her? I can sort of give her a pass in business-related situations, but I can recall times when Rick and Brooke were dispatched to rush to Hope's side to console her over yet another "crisis" with Liam. I am sure that whomever she marries, that she will not be satisfied with a simple civil ceremony and Eric will -- once again -- have to crank out yet another wedding frock. How MANY wedding dresses has Hope had by now? I've lost count.

Liam is another story. What a waffling piece of work. When he first came on the show, I thought he was a decent kid, but once he started flip-flopping between Hope and Steffy, I was finished with him. I can't stand his deer-in-the-headlights blank stare and his passive-aggressive behavior. I don't believe for one moment that he has changed. That was glaringly apparent when he butted into Hope's pregnancy scare. He should have respected that Hope and Wyatt were in a relationship and dropped it. Then this business over the diamond.. He's selfish and immature as well. That's why Hope and Liam deserve each other.

• Love 6

That's what I wondered as well. I suppose gowns are the only products out of the HFTF line that "complement" that gawdy diamond. It would have made more sense to have Maya and other models along for the shoot to show more of the line -- especially from a cost perspective. Showing gowns seemed somewhat contradictory to Hope's message. Not that I expected the models garbed in recycled trash bags, but nonetheless. As if FC's designs to even begin to compete with French fashion.

Word. to KerleyQ's and MulletorHater's posts!

Why does marriage have to be the end-all/be-all for everybody? Especially when they are so young? Given the track record of the show, regardless of who Hope marries, it's guaranteed to end in divorce. The only couple that I can think of that didn't eventually split up as Thorne and Darla and that's after Thorne married and divorced Macy umpteen times.

In addition to being immature, I think that Hope is spoiled and self-centered. How many times has she whined and demanded that everybody drop what they are doing to dote on her? I can sort of give her a pass in business-related situations, but I can recall times when Rick and Brooke were dispatched to rush to Hope's side to console her over yet another "crisis" with Liam. I am sure that whomever she marries, that she will not be satisfied with a simple civil ceremony and Eric will -- once again -- have to crank out yet another wedding frock. How MANY wedding dresses has Hope had by now? I've lost count.

Liam is another story. What a waffling piece of work. When he first came on the show, I thought he was a decent kid, but once he started flip-flopping between Hope and Steffy, I was finished with him. I can't stand his deer-in-the-headlights blank stare and his passive-aggressive behavior. I don't believe for one moment that he has changed. That was glaringly apparent when he butted into Hope's pregnancy scare. He should have respected that Hope and Wyatt were in a relationship and dropped it. Then this business over the diamond.. He's selfish and immature as well. That's why Hope and Liam deserve each other.

Parents very often go help their children, it's called love and support. I guess Hope can't lean on her family either, wow!! If she can't lean on family, who can she lean on?

Hope asked Liam to stay during the pregnancy scare because it affected Lope's lives as well. I guess Liam or Hope can never do anything right!! IMO Liam has definitely changed. If he didn't stop to help Ivy, he'd be hated on for that too. I guess neither of them can do anything right. I wonder what if would take for that to happen. It's not like the characters can make their own choices to change things.

I'm convinced that Rena Sofer is the best thing about this show right now.  You just know she had a blast filming today's scenes.  

Yesss, I love queen Rena and her portrayal of Quinn. I hate that they had her go so over the top with trying to kill Liam, I was hoping for some subtle gas-lighting and stalking, not full on ax murderer, perhaps culminating in the seduction and dumping of Liam. She is playing this Paris trip to hilarious perfection, looking like a spy out of an Alfred Hitchcock film. 

Yes, some of those gowns were pretty but the whole campaign skewed older. Plus, I can't imagine anyone under 70 wanting to wear that ugly ass brooch. And the whole idea of HFTF being eco-friendly while sucking up all those resources with workers and private jets and fancy cars and shit is just laughable. This would make more sense if they just admitted this shit is fluffy and shallow and meaningless, and stop trying to make it sound important. Hope would be a lot more fun if she shed the earnest bullshit and became a full on fluffy Paris Hilton lite socialite, that would be more fun. Aly is more suited to the earnest good girl role.

Although I know if I was Oliver I would want to smack a bitch who I was trying to romance if she kept talking about someone else's romance. I know they are trying to build up a story line around Aly losing respect for Hope, I just wish the writing hadn't been so clunky and awkward with it,

• Love 4

So I scanned the latest print version of TV Guide while in line at grocery store and as I mentioned previously

It confirms the Wyatt and Hope wedding on the yacht in Monte Carlo and KM is quoted as saying that "deep down inside Hope wanted this to happen (Liam not showing up or thinking he didn't show up) and that while she loves Liam, she really wants Wyatt".

It will be interesting to hear how Bradley has written the wedding vows for Hope and Wyatt to see if this is actually addressed in the script.

• Love 1

The sad thing is that there was plenty of story to tell for Taylor that did not involve her playing Gladys Kravitz and being obsessed with whatever or whoever Brooke was doing especially since her own shit was quite raggedy.  Taylor also had ongoing issues with alcoholism, as well as the whole Darlagate nonsense, which the writers only decided to address recently.  Instead, the writers turned a once level-headed character into a Logan obsessed harpy.  The so-called feud was a one-sided one from what I could tell and leeched over to the Taytortots, Steffy and Thomas.  No one will ever convince me that Steffy was head over heels in love with Lame.  I believe her primary reason for glomming onto Lame was to "win" over Hope.  While I could see her being attracted to Bill, the fact that he was the husband of one of the hated Logan sisters was an added bonus for her.  Not to mention her daddy issues.  Had Hope taken herself out of the picture permanently, Steffy and Lame's relationship would have ended much sooner because the thrill would have been gone for her.  I'm still waiting for Bradley to remember that Thomas even exists and that he can actually date women who didn't grow up as his stepsisters.  Taylor and her tridglings blaming Brooke for their broken family is ridiculous, and their anger is misplaced.  Ridge made it clear that he left Taylor because of her decades-long lie of omission about the Big Bear Baptism.  Yet, they've never held his feet to the fire for walking out.

While I understand the need to have a foil for Brooke, HT has neither the talent or gravitas to fill the SF's shoes.   

As for bringing on Heather Tom to play the supposed "good Logan," the fact that Storm had to die to give her a meaty storyline still sets my teeth on edge.  Storm, for me, provided some much-needed balance for a family of women, whose father abandoned them.  Even when Stephen bothered to remember he had children, his presence in their lives was sporadic at best, which was why Storm stepped up as the head of the family.  

• Love 7

As for bringing on Heather Tom to play the supposed "good Logan," the fact that Storm had to die to give her a meaty storyline still sets my teeth on edge.  Storm, for me, provided some much-needed balance for a family of women, whose father abandoned them.  Even when Stephen bothered to remember he had children, his presence in their lives was sporadic at best, which was why Storm stepped up as the head of the family.  

I hated that they turned Storm into a stalking psycho, only to kill him and the end. The Logan siblings had good family chemistry, and Storm was fine as hell. They killed off a good potential male lead to prop what would later on become one of the worst things about the show (HT/Katie).

Edited by radishcake
  • Love 6

This would make more sense if they just admitted this shit is fluffy and shallow and meaningless, and stop trying to make it sound important. Hope would be a lot more fun if she shed the earnest bullshit and became a full on fluffy Paris Hilton lite socialite, that would be more fun. Aly is more suited to the earnest good girl role.

THIS!

• Love 2

So I scanned the latest print version of TV Guide while in line at grocery store and as I mentioned previously

It confirms the Wyatt and Hope wedding on the yacht in Monte Carlo and KM is quoted as saying that "deep down inside Hope wanted this to happen (Liam not showing up or thinking he didn't show up) and that while she loves Liam, she really wants Wyatt".

It will be interesting to hear how Bradley has written the wedding vows for Hope and Wyatt to see if this is actually addressed in the script.

It's a good thing that's only KM's opinion and not what's happening on the show. I still don't believe that wedding is going to happen. Does TV guide have access to whats what's actually going to hsppen? IDK how it works.

The only couple that I can think of that didn't eventually split up as Thorne and Darla and that's after Thorne married and divorced Macy umpteen times.

I'm sure if Jack Wagner's ego didn't force the actress off the show, TIIC would've split 'em up eventually. They were only together for two years real time.

But you're right, this show has no stability couplewise. In spite of what it became in later years, ATWT had quite a few of its 80s powercouples still together into its last days and moved into a place of stability and normalcy. Could anyone imagine Bob and Kim or Tom and Margo still playing the same stupid games they did thirty years before?

• Love 3

It's a good thing that's only KM's opinion and not what's happening on the show. I still don't believe that wedding is going to happen. Does TV guide have access to whats what's actually going to hsppen? IDK how it works.

Apart from the semi annual "Victoria Roswell May Return to Y&R!" crap, the printed magazines have been mostly right.

But even without that, Bradley Bell is such a painfully repetative showrunner that most of his stories are easy to predict for anyone that's followed for a long time. And this is the only story these two have been given in their entire four year history. I don't think Liam has ever had a story plot of his own that didn't involve where he was sticking his dick that week since his paternity came out.

• Love 3

Apart from the semi annual "Victoria Roswell May Return to Y&R!" crap, the printed magazines have been mostly right.

But even without that, Bradley Bell is such a painfully repetative showrunner that most of his stories are easy to predict for anyone that's followed for a long time. And this is the only story these two have been given in their entire four year history. I don't think Liam has ever had a story plot of his own that didn't involve where he was sticking his dick that week since his paternity came out.

I've still never known Liam to be all about sex. He's done just fine without it until he and Hope reunited and they haven't even had it much. Weanie wanted nothing but which was disgusting, talk about a horn dog!! He always had to be all over her but not Liam.

We still don't know what Hope is going to do.

Edited by meow

Yes, some of those gowns were pretty but the whole campaign skewed older. Plus, I can't imagine anyone under 70 wanting to wear that ugly ass brooch. And the whole idea of HFTF being eco-friendly while sucking up all those resources with workers and private jets and fancy cars and shit is just laughable. This would make more sense if they just admitted this shit is fluffy and shallow and meaningless, and stop trying to make it sound important. ,

Or they could have done the photo shoot in the US, in some gorgeous wilderness setting. Why go to a polluted urban area like Paris if your message is Eco-friendly and about "empowerment" whatever TF that means.

• Love 6

I think the Character vs. Writer debate boils down to this:

If the character behaves consistently, that's the character.  If the character suddenly behaves inconsistently (or "out of character"), then it's the writing.

Since she was reintroduced as an 18-year-old, Hope has always been a princess.  From the beginning, she's been admired, honored and adored by her family and every available man of appropriate age but we didn't get good reasons why.  If Brooke (and Rick) had acknowledged they were going overboard with praise because of her scandalous conception and Brooke's past, that would have been one thing.  But that never happened.  The show told us about all these wonderful attributes but I didn't really see them.  To me, Hope is selfish and remarkably self-centered.  Liam shows up battered, bloodied and bruised at Oliver's house looking for her (Oliver being the next warm body) and Hope's response is "Why weren't you at my party?"  Keeping in mind, by the way, this was just one of about 4 parties in her honor in as many months.  Why so many parties?  Because she's Hope.

The bottom line is she's always been a very passive character who just goes the way the wind blows.  "He" isn't here but "He #2" is?  Ok.  And, come on, we all know this is going to play out the same way in Paris.  And it will be completely in character for Hope.

Edited by Cool Breeze
  • Love 19

I think the Character vs. Writer debate boils down to this:

If the character behaves consistently, that's the character.  If the character suddenly behaves inconsistently (or "out of character"), then it's the writing.

Since she was reintroduced as an 18-year-old, Hope has always been a princess.  From the beginning, she's been admired, honored and adored by her family and every available man of appropriate age but we didn't get good reasons why.  If Brooke (and Rick) had acknowledged they were going overboard with praise because of her scandalous conception and Brooke's past, that would have been one thing.  But that never happened.  The show told us about all these wonderful attributes but I didn't really see them.  To me, Hope is selfish and remarkably self-centered.  Liam shows up battered, bloodied and bruised at Oliver's house looking for her (Oliver being the next warm body) and Hope's response is "Why weren't you at my party?"  Keeping in mind, by the way, this was just one of about 4 parties in her honor in as many months.  Why so many parties?  Because she's Hope.

The bottom line is she's always been a very passive character who just goes the way the wind blows.  "He" isn't here but "He #2" is?  Ok.  And, come on, we all know this is going to play out the same way in Paris.  And it will be completely in character for Hope.

Thanks for such a great post, Cool Breeze!  It was right on the money, particularly the bolded portion.  See, I had always assumed that Brooke over-indulged Hope because she never wanted her child to feel "less than" because of the circumstances of her conception and birth.  Brooke has worn the Breacon Express Card like a badge of shame for years and she didn't want it touching Hope.  I suspect that's why Nick was like a breath of fresh air for her at the time because he didn't judge her, and he didn't give little Hope the side eye.  Unfortunately, Brooke over-indulged Hope so much she has lived inside a bubble.  Brooke certainly didn't have such an upbringing and understood firsthand the sacrifices her mother had to make as well as the value of hard work and earning one's way.  it's a natural instinct for a parent to want her child to have it better than she did.  However, Hope doesn't seem to have any real coping mechanisms that are age appropriate because everyone went out of their way to protect her from the truth and all things unpleasant for so many years.  It's akin to growing up in Pleasantville.

It's interesting because I absolutely ADORED the Pace twins and their portrayal and looked forward to seeing them grow with the fictional character they played.  Alas, it wasn't meant to be, as Bradley desperately needed a teenager on canvas who could be a potential love interest for Thomas (you know how Bradley just lurvs him some "incestuous" pairings).  He also needed a femme fatale for the next generation since he failed with Amber.  At least this particular child of Brooke's got to actually see a graduation and prom before she marched down the aisle with a grifter and a bun in the oven.

• Love 6

Liam is a couple of minutes late so the Princess leaves? Yep, just what we all expected!

BTW, I thought it weird that nobody bothered to help Liam and Ivy or just check to see if they were okay. Guess the Parisians are too jaded and the tourists are too busy gawping at the Eiffel Tower.

• Love 6

she and Ridge can now exchange liner notes about falling from high distances into water.

They can also compare notes with Steffy and her broken heel in Italy. B&B's stunt coordinator must have been a high diver.

I'm glad Quinn remembered to pack her binoculars.

• Love 4

Lesson for today, keep an eye on your shit, stupid tourists! 

I did find it odd that when Ivy fell (and screamed, if I recall), none of the milling crowd stopped to even GLANCE in her direction.  No police no rescue, not even a hunky stranger to at least yell and point.  Do people go flying off that bridge all the time or something?  Do they think its just performance art?

I officially do not like the attempt at curly hair they have Brooke in.  But the dress is YOWSA!

Aly needs something to do.  I think its about time Oliver whisked her away on vacation or something. 

• Love 3

She stole those binoculars.  Of the 4 minutes of today's show that I watched, I saw that.

Ah ok, my area was interupted by a news bulliten, when the show came on she was looking through the binoculars. I just thought 'she may be a psycho but she's an excellent planner.'

• Love 5

Ally's obsession with Hope and Liam is borderline psychotic. 

It's those Douglas family recessive genes, I tell you!  Grandmama had an unhealthy fixation on her number one man, Ridge's sex life.  Great Aunt Pam is a french fry short of a Happy Meal.  Daddy Thorne was the "Jan Brady" of the Forrester family.

That kid was doomed from the womb.

• Love 7

Is there no story that the only Forrester-Spectra progeny Aly can be given besides Lope cheerleader?

I mentioned on the old board how Sally could die off screen and leave Aly the portion of inheritance Darla would have recieved....enough to create her own fashion company (or other related business of choice). Thorne could run over there the next time Eric chose Ridge over him, CJ could come back and there'd be another outlet for new characters.

But then, every coming of age story since Bridget burned Deacon's possessions in a bonfire the night Hope was born has, to put it far kindly than this show deserves, fallen flat. I mentioned getting almost nostalgic for Rick and Phoebe in a post earlier this week because typical insectuous BS aside, they were doing one thing right by fighting for their relationship and turning to each other. I believed they wanted to be together moreso than I ever bought with either of Liam's relationships.

• Love 5

Weanie looks hideous, can I say that?

For once, we agree on something. He looks way too much like the previous Thomas, Drew Tyler Bell (no relation to the Bells that own this show) and I've yet tp meet anyone that found that kid or his unibrow attractive. The guy playing Wyatt looks like an ostrich.

If we can't have decent characters, I want decent eye candy by George! LOL! If you look at clips from the early days of the show, all the men were, you know, men. And Ronn Moss was rediculously good looking in the late 80s. I could get women flocking to that guy, regardless of RM's obvious shortcomings as an actor.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5

Ally's obsession with Hope and Liam is borderline psychotic. 

Like Madonna said, over the borderline.  I can't imagine what she'd say about Wyatt if he "accidentally" had sex with Brooke and thought it was Hope.

Don't blame KM for opinion in TV Guide, probably different and more fun to work in that story than same old.

I'm a huge fan of KM, but she can't honestly believe that crap.  It was just a short time ago that Hope acted like being impregnated by Wyatt was 1 step above contracting Ebola.  If Wyatt had any self respect, he would want nothing to do with Hope.  If Hope had any self respect, she'd want nothing to do with Liam.  

• Love 2