Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

Oh, Quinn.... 

If this Nicole/Zende/Sasha thing doesn't end with Nicole walking in on Zende and Sasha and being so traumatized she loses the baby, then what's the point?  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 12

I really want to know how Deacon plays into this dumb ass story with Quinn and Liam.  Quinn said they were separated - not divorced - and the actor is still with the show so he has to come back at some point.  So what part will he play?

I just can't with this story.  How is it that Quinn is supposed to be so smart and cunning but is giving no thought to fall out or the possibility of Liam remembering?  

• Love 4

Updated spoilers for next week provide some interesting turns...and more stupidity.

Advance preview
Week of February 08, 2016

• Quinn's situation with Liam exposes some memories of her childhood.
• The troubles between Bill, Katie and Brooke continue to boil over.

Source: B&B Bulletins
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Casting

Monday February 8
A glimpse into Quinn's childhood:

• Eight-year-old actress Reagan Rundus appears as young Quinn in flashback scenes.

• Actress Mariah Bonner appears as Quinn's mother in the flashback.

• Actor Ross Brooks appears as Quinn's mother's boyfriend in the flashback.

Details on this thread:
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9270170/1/
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Newspaper weekly soaps preview
(via "www.courierjournal.NET/soaps")

Coming for the week of Feb 8th
A reformed womanizer tries to redeem himself.

Source: Link

About the source:
Link to description of source
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoilers from www.theTVwatercooler.com

Tuesday, Feb 9
Quinn details Liam's kidnapping to Deacon after being caught red-handed.

(undated)
Caroline questions Thomas’ disapproval of Steffy and her relationships with the Spencer brothers.

Thursday, Feb. 11
Steffy receives the call she's been anxiously waiting for.

Friday, Feb. 12
Caroline accidentally learns important information when Thomas takes her to the emergency room.

http://thetvwatercooler.com/2016/02/michael-easton...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter mini-previews

Wyatt proposes to Steffy. #BoldandBeautiful
https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/69499471087683...

I don't think it's an official proposal but he makes it clear he wants to spend the rest of his life with her #boldandbeautiful
https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/69503439062845...

Deacon catches Quinn hiding Liam at the cabin. We also see Quinn bonding with Liam. She growing soft with him. #BoldandBeauitful
https://twitter.com/jmcrenny/status/69499650868135...

• Love 3

There is only one thing in those spoilers that interest me and I know its going to wind up irritating me.  

They really need to give Wyatt a new song and dance.

Edited by ch1
  • Love 2

We really need Wyatt to hook up somehow with Sasha. If nothing else she could bang the Thorneness out of him.

As for Adam and Eve...this should theoretically cinch that WTHQuil will indeed get it on at some point, but the spoilers posted above seem to fly right in the face of this.

• Love 1

Just to get it off my chest:

So what if Brooke regrets telling Bill she loves him and he's the love of her life (especially where Katie could overhear her).  The ONLY reason to do something like that to any "husband" (let alone your sister's husband and one you've already "stolen" from her once to boot) is to try and get him to leave his wife and be with you.  Any fool would know that and even though I don't think the characters on this show are very bright to begin with, that is really STOOPID!  I've only been watching this show for a little over a year, but I find Katie a much more sympathetic character at the moment and her reaction to hearing Brooke tell Bill that is much more believable that Brooke's telling him in the first place and Eric (must be dementia) saying Katie's reaction isn't Brooke's fault.  Of course Bill would tell Brooke it's not her fault, heck, he's probably counting the days to getting back in her pants.

Wyatt, where do I start?  Since I've been watching I don't think he's even dated anyone that Liam hadn't already dated.  It's almost like he wants Liam to break them in for him.  What??  Give me a break!!  That smashes the Bro Code, even between friends.  I realize there aren't many eligible women around BUT c'mon.  Even for a soap opera, that's pretty gross.  It'll be hilarious if Liam hooks up with Quinn - then what will Wyatt do?  Incest, anyone? 

In fact, I don't think a corporation or two could possible survive with that many clueless people working for them, let alone in charge.  Steffy won't let Liam explain and then, because it's been an entire day, sits around half-naked with Wyatt in the bed so they can go to sleep and when Liam gets back he can find them together.  Liam gives her a chance to explain but after "days" of giving her hints, she doesn't see what she could have possibly done to make him upset.  He should have told her he saw them in bed together.  How many people do you know that would be able to not mention it?  I don't know any.

Don't even get me started on Maya, Nicole, Zende and Sasha.  I can understand Nicole asking Rick to un-hire Sasha much more than I can everyone else being mad at her and her feeling guilty enough to ask him to hire her back.  For crying out loud, if I were Maya and Sasha had confronted me over it, I would have just told her I wasn't going to stand around idle while she tried to take over my boyfriend and the rest of my life without fighting back.  It was obvious that's what she was up to.

OK, rant's over.  Maybe I'll just change the channel and quit letting the writers aggravate me.  Criminy!

Edited by apbr
  • Love 10

I rather watch two elephants mating than Nicole and Zende kissing. In every one of their scene, I expect rainbows and unicorns to fly out of their asses.

I'm wondering how Rick and Maya would have acted towards Nicole if she didn't want to have their baby. IMO not very good.

I just had to laugh when Quinn told Liam that he was her husband. I guess it had mostly to do with the look on Liam's face and than Quinn's face. Now will Quinn go so far as having sex with Liam to keep him there? What's a mother to do, what's a mother to do?

• Love 10

Quinn's cabin set is now officially my #2 favorite soap home, second only to Sharon's house on Y&R. What amnesiac wouldn't want to stay there for a while?!

Agree! I've always liked Sharon's house because it looks cozy and inviting. Quinn's cabin does too.

Edited by LittleIggy
  • Love 3

Yeah Brooke should have kept her mouth shut but why does Katie take no responsibility for throwing Brooke and Bill together the first time. She wanted them to be a couple to raise the son. Why is that always so conveniently left out? There is a reason some people in life always play the victim, number one reason is because it works for them.

Sasha can suck it too. She had her sights set on Zende from the get go.

Everyone is annoying me. I am also creeped out by Liam and Quinn. Maybe if they would have put them together under less illegal means, I could get on board. But the way it is, feels icky.

• Love 6
there aren't many eligible women around

They're in LA. There's no lack of women and I don't why the writers keep expecting the viewers to believe there is. I think the problem is that Wyatt and Quinn have decided to define "eligible" as "already been had by Liam". I can sorta see Wyatt's motivation because he feels like he's the also-ran Spencer to favorite son Liam. What I don't get is why Quinn commits flat-out felonies so Wyatt can get Liam's leftovers. It's almost as if her ego also gets something out having Wyatt prove to these women that he's "better" than Liam. I hope that's it and not some kind of Oedipal thing. Whatever, it's very creepy to me.

• Love 2

They're in LA. There's no lack of women and I don't why the writers keep expecting the viewers to believe there is. I think the problem is that Wyatt and Quinn have decided to define "eligible" as "already been had by Liam". I can sorta see Wyatt's motivation because he feels like he's the also-ran Spencer to favorite son Liam. What I don't get is why Quinn commits flat-out felonies so Wyatt can get Liam's leftovers. It's almost as if her ego also gets something out having Wyatt prove to these women that he's "better" than Liam. I hope that's it and not some kind of Oedipal thing. Whatever, it's very creepy to me.

I think it's the same kind of thing as Brooke and Taylor's over involvement in the Hope/Liam/Steffy mess.  They were playing out their own rivalry and issues through their kids.  Now Quinn is playing out her issues with Bill (and his obvious favoritism of Liam) by being unhealthily involved in Wyatt's love life, particularly when it comes to besting Liam.  Part of it is also that she's spent Wyatt's whole life with him being her whole world.  She's not capable of shutting that off. 

• Love 6

It's almost as if her ego also gets something out having Wyatt prove to these women that he's "better" than Liam. I hope that's it and not some kind of Oedipal thing. Whatever, it's very creepy to me.

From jump, Quinn has set out to rise Wyatt up by breaking Liam down through attacks on his love life (Hope and Steffy), home life (she supported Bill taking Liam's home away from him to give to Wyatt and Hope), and business (constantly picking at Bill that Wyatt should automatically have the same level of responsibility at Spencer Publications as Liam rather than work for it). It's always been personal with her about Liam because she resents his getting all the love and attention that she feels her son should have and that she is partly responsible for his not having by not telling Bill about him back in the day. Even if Bill didn't love her, he'd have at least probably attempted to have a relationship with his son.

And it's funny, Liam is totally a boy searching for his lost beloved mother figure which is why IMO he can't let go of any woman he gets involved with because he never got over his mother. If anyone should be ripe for an Oedipal complex it should be him (and I'd see it more directed at Katie than Quinn ) but Wyatt also has a very unhealthy attachment and relationship with Quinn that has been front and center in every female relationship he's had on the show (save his brief Nicole sojourn). With the exception of Ivy, Wyatt has never been able to win a woman on his own without Quinn and in the end she's the one who facilitates that relationship's destruction.

But back to Quinn/Liam, I can believe that Liam's antagonism/push and pull with Quinn is not just because of her continued interference in his life, but also because he sees a crazy loyal would go to the mat for her son mother that he wishes HE (still) had. He alternately admires that about her as a son and hates/is jealous that it's all Wyatt's. So yeah there's some potential Oedipal attraction there but I don't think Liam could mistake that longing for sex with Quinn, unless he intentionally brought the sex in a bid to taint the 'mother effect' she's having on him and put her firmly in the 'bad lady' category.  I definitely see him letting his feelings get the better of him with Katie because she's softer, warmer, more welcoming and she was instrumental in bringing him and Bill together and she's a ripe damsel in distress when she and Bill are at odds for Liam to save and comfort, but the Liam and Bill relationship is such a great one that to have that be sullied would be a downer. But if Quinn were enterprising, I can totally see her setting Liam and Katie up to look like they were having an affair so that Liam drops out of #1 son in Bill's eyes so that Wyatt can rise up.  Once again Wyatt only gains because Liam loses.

• Love 4

Brooke spent the better part of yesterday regretting not only that Katie heard what she had said, but that she hadn't kept her mouth shut in the first place.

Brooke regrets being overheard not the act itself. If she was actually ever regretful of her actions from the past and learned from them, she wouldn't be in this position yet again. Brooke isn't capable of keeping her mouth shut because all she ever cares about is her feelings, her destiny and her needs. Her daughter? Her sister? Who cares? As long as Brooke's love of her life (for the moment) is at her beck and call.

I'm extremely exhausted by this storyline. Even though I don't mind Katie telling off Brooke, it's a bit eh for me. Because it's all been done before. Plus, Bill hiding behind Brooke is just ick. Man up manly man and tell the truth stallion! He certainly deserves some Katie wrath.

Eric (must be dementia) saying Katie's reaction isn't Brooke's fault.

I know right?? Brooke had nothing to do with anything! Shut up Eric.

The Liam/Quinn stuff is stupid. I mean, I was all for some hate sex between these two - but not like this. It's just ick.

Sasha/Zende/ Nicole? Who cares?

Shut up Maya.

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 9
Waldo13, on 03 Feb 2016 - 10:46 PM, said:

With B&B exploring the world of being a surrogate and the world of being transgendered, than why doesn't B&B explore the world of polyamory and let Bill, Katie, and Brooke cohabitate. Just a thought.

AussieBabe, on 04 Feb 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

I'm on board with this if it's done right. Bell would gain a new audience. Most of his characters are unethically non-monogamous already. They just do it the dirty way and hurt people. It would be nice to see ethical non-monogamy (poly, open relationships, and anything that falls under the umbrella).

I consider the characters on Soap as serial monogamists, and astonishingly selfish one's at that. That's where the cheating and betrayals, lies, sins of omission and commission and ... DRAMA! spring from.

A legitimately open relationship, like a monogamous marriage, involves self-awareness, a similar vision or outlook, mutual self-sacrifice and humility, the ability to negotiate and follow arranged parameters. With the present characters as they stand -- they would have to be totally rewritten in order to accommodate the emotional sacrifice involved from an open relationship. Being no present character on B&B has the wherewithal to follow the rules of the road, much less the restrictions of an open relationship, the TIIC would have to bring on a whole new group of unblemished, unselfish characters to depict that type of relationship. They wouldn't last long. The Forrester's, Spencer's and the rest of the hangers-on would eat them for lunch as easy pickings at a dim sum lunch buffet.

I don't picture Brad Bell or the writing staff producing a wholly new cloth and unique scenario in the near future. They've been almost exclusively recycling heavily trod basic SL's originated by Bill Bell. Originality is not TIIC strong suit ... and that includes the deficient Myron/Maya and Surrogacy SL.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5

I have not been able to bring myself to watch this shit show. All of the crap that happened before Liam passed out in front of his car was bad enough but this business with Quinn is too much. It is perverted and gross. It's time for the Foolers to go because they are way to predatory for LA. Wyatt has no pride whatsoever and this sloppy seconds syndrome has gone too far. 

CBS and the writers of this show are in need of some therapy. I know that there are triangles and other general messiness in soaps, but this show is one fucking petrie dish of everyone banging the same people and it is really gross. Increase the ad rates so you can hire some other people, for goodness sake.

• Love 4

For all the bally-hoo'd desire of a Liam and Quinn ... <cough> ... Adam and Eve union ... That don't look like Hate Sexxxy Times to me.

It's another schmoop-fest à la Liam.

If they ruin Krazy Quinn with Liam's "Get to know my wife" lovey dovey fraternizations, I will be irate. I want her to run him through a grinder and leave behind a dried husk.

• Love 7

This show is going to make Quinn another woman in Liam's harem.  I would put money on it.

Its why this story bugs - that and the writers acting like Quinn has never been married and had a guy actually give a shit about her.

• Love 6

The polyamory was really just tonge in cheek but after listening to Bill today, one would think that he wouldn't want to cohabitate with just Katie and Brooke but would like to include Steffy and half the women of LA. Why doesn't he buy a piece of land in Dubai, declare himself King, and fill a harem with all the woman who want him. If he's a true stallion, he can probably go at least 3 times a day.

Is Quinn about to find out why Liam is so popular with woman? Maybe Liam's the Stallion and Bill is just a show pony.

• Love 7

Today's episode finding a way to work in "Cha cha cha!" had me metaphorically throwing things at my TV, let alone Wyatt going full Thorne and sort-of proposing to Steffy.  But then it got to The Kiss, epic swelling chick-flick music and all, and damn if I didn't do a metaphorical fist-pump.  As batshit gonzo as it is, Rena Sofer and Scott Clifton are carrying the hell out of this story; if anybody else were involved, I seriously doubt it would be working at all.

That said...

This show is going to make Quinn another woman in Liam's harem.  I would put money on it.

Its why this story bugs - that and the writers acting like Quinn has never been married and had a guy actually give a shit about her.

Liam is admittedly the gentlest of the Spencer men, and throwing in Deacon probably the gentlest that Quinn's been involved with on any sort of recurring basis.  My reading of things is that she's being won over by his gentleness, while Liam...his side could go either way in the end, where he's actually been attracted to Quinn before but stomping it down because she's the Devil or he's just transferring his feelings for Steffy onto her due to his amnesia.

And with all that out there...Quinn does not need to be Liam's next actual SO.  I will only accept it if, as said before, it's handled like Ava and Morgan on General Hospital: they just can't stay away from each other.  (Lampshade their chemistry, show.  I double dog dare you.)

• Love 12

I take a break from B&B for the past few months. Truth to be told,  I have a blast rewatching Classic GH episodes from the mid 80s right now. The writers back then really had a way to write characters like human beings, unlike B&B and other soap writers who treat them like cartoon puppets these days.  

CBS and the producers of this show are not only in need of therapy, but also another Gloria Monty.    

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 5

Wyatt is right back to being desperate and pathetic, ready to marry someone after a couple of days at the beach.  The only time this character was interesting to me was the week or so when he was with Ivy, plotting against Liam and the Forresters.  Now he's going back to the weirdo stalker he was with Hope, promising to hound Puffy into submission.  I wonder how long it will take?  (Not really. I don't give a shit about either one of them.)

If JWM was a better actor I wouldn't even notice, but she is difficult for me to look at.  Her face is so wide and flat and plastic looking. 

• Love 7
ch1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 3:11 PM, said:ch1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 3:11 PM, said:

brain-iz-crying-community.gif

ch1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 3:11 PM, said:

I loved Quinn and Deacon. He chose Quinn over drunk cartoon Brooke's vagina dentata (or whatever Super Sex Organs she's packing) after years of trying to win her back. Deacon genuinely loved and was in love with Quinn, over pursuit of a fantasy that ended with heartbreak.

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 6
I loved Quinn and Deacon. He chose Quinn over drunk cartoon Brooke's vagina dentata (or whatever Super Sex Organs she's packing) after years of trying to win her back.

He also chose Quinn over his daughter.  So this idea that because Liam is helpless and being nice to her that he is going to bring something new out of Quinn - yeah I'm not buying that.  

I so don't like this story because they are completely trying to erase what they did with Deacon and Quinn.  Just so another woman on this show can be up Liam's ass.  

Edited by ch1
  • Love 5

If Quinn & Liam were in real life it would be so far beyond gross and twisted etc etc etc....BUT...I have to say, I am enjoying the hell outta watching Scott Clifton & Rena Sofer play this shit. Tickles me beyond belief. Makes absolutely no freakin' sense yet somehow I find it entertaining...much much more entertaining than the rest of the wash-rinse-repeat storylines with  "Weffy" and the "Stallion" (gag me with a spoon)  & his mares in heat.

I've long ago given up on the rest of this show making any sense or at the least being something I haven't seen before...I just watch the sl with the actors I like...but dang, IMHO SC & RS  are rocking this wackadoodle crap.

• Love 12

I admit to loving Quiliam since the fallout will make the entire casts (other than the Avant's) heads explode. And he's only interesting when someone pushes his buttons. And I'm a simple soap watcher who is always lured in when a romance starts with 2 people who can't stand each other organically, not out of lust, but straight up disdain and hate. I was a big fan of Veronica Mars and Logan, Palex on Degrassi , Seth and Summer & Ryan and Taylor, Naley...ect because sometimes life works like that.

• Love 5

The reason I don't like this thing with Quinn and Liam is that I think it's on the verge of becoming another Thomas and Caroline situation. I never like seeing someone being taken advantage of because they're not in a position to give informed consent. Even Liam doesn't deserve what Quinn is doing to him, IMO, and for such a lame reason. (And frankly, I don't know what a good reason would be to keep someone who's clearly suffering brain damage from getting medical attention.)

• Love 13
ch1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 5:33 PM, said:ch1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 5:33 PM, said:ch1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 5:33 PM, said:

He also chose Quinn over his daughter. 

Hell, Deacon signed away his parental rights to Hope when Brooke and Nick Morone were married.

ch1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 5:33 PM, said:ch1, on 05 Feb 2016 - 5:33 PM, said:

So this idea that because Liam is helpless and being nice to her that he is going to bring something new out of Quinn - yeah I'm not buying that.  

I so don't like this story because they are completely trying to erase what they did with Deacon and Quinn.  Just so another woman on this show can be up Liam's ass.  

Being nice to a person because you don't remember the combative relationship you had with them is one thing. Quinn has had her share of flashbacks with Liam and herself, and she knows full well fucking the Waffle will be a huge issue when he eventually regains his fragile memory. 

The Adam and Eve scenario is ludicrous.

Thank you for the picture of anyone up Liam's ass. It will be a long time scrubbing that out of my mind.

hffKEIn.gif

WAFFLE FALLS DOWN!

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 5

Wyatt is right back to being desperate and pathetic, ready to marry someone after a couple of days at the beach.  The only time this character was interesting to me was the week or so when he was with Ivy, plotting against Liam and the Forresters.  Now he's going back to the weirdo stalker he was with Hope, promising to hound Puffy into submission.  I wonder how long it will take?  (Not really. I don't give a shit about either one of them.)

They use to put a hell of effort to write for the supercouples/couples from the past.  It took months, a year or even longer to build up a relationship.  It's such a shame soaps don't do romance like that anymore.  

Speaking of Rena Sofer, she's like Finola Hughes, Vanessa Marcil, Sarah Brown and some other vets who should be kept in front-burner.  Because It doesn't make any sense they have less talented ones waste time with shitty stories while the real talents are left on backbench.  

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 9

Even if Bill didn't love her, he'd have at least probably attempted to have a relationship with his son.

Given that he gave Quinn money for an abortion along with meeting Liam with a great amount of resistance (and mostly at Katie's urging IIRC), I highly doubt that.

Still, putting aside Liam's lameness as a human aside, they'they'd spent time building up the relationship they had when Wyatt showed up. As another poster pointed out months ago, Liam didn't come at Bill asking for handouts. Unlike Wyatt, he didn't have a mother to support him. It was just him. Granted, he's no more qualified now to run either company he's in charge of than he was six years ago but he and Bill have a relationship that's not entirely based on finances.

• Love 2

The reason I don't like this thing with Quinn and Liam is that I think it's on the verge of becoming another Thomas and Caroline situation. I never like seeing someone being taken advantage of because they're not in a position to give informed consent. Even Liam doesn't deserve what Quinn is doing to him, IMO, and for such a lame reason. (And frankly, I don't know what a good reason would be to keep someone who's clearly suffering brain damage from getting medical attention.)

All of this. Thank God for them chemistry, but there would have been all kinds of hate thrown if, for example, Bill and Hope were written in a similar story, and rightfully so.
  • Love 5

If you really still love a guy, you don't swap spit with his brother and let said brother believe he has a future with you. You tell said brother to back off and give you space. Sorry, I'm being realistic and logical. My bad!

• Love 17

I was sort of grossed out by Liam & Quinn. Obviously, it's only a soap but I'm just not into the story. Is Quinn waiting for Wyatt & Steff to get married? She could be holding Liam hostage in the cabin for months. Isn't anyone going to notice that both Liam & Qunn are missing? I guess I'm just tired of Scott Cliffton driving every storyline. The fact that I can't take him seriously as a leading man might have something to do with it. LOL!!

• Love 7

If you really still love a guy, you don't swap spit with his brother and let said brother believe he has a future with you. You tell said brother to back off and give you space.

It would seem that Steffy is so full of herself that she can't live for one day without some guy up on her. Poor thing.

Cha-cha-cha chimichanga

This show is playing fast and loose with Latino/Hispanic/Spanish culture the same way Y&R is. Chimichangas are from Mexico while the cha-cha-cha is Cuban. It makes zero sense to reference a Cuban dance in a commercial about Mexican food.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

If you really still love a guy, you don't swap spit with his brother and let said brother believe he has a future with you. You tell said brother to back off and give you space. Sorry, I'm being realistic and logical. My bad!

She's still wearing Liam's engagement ring FFS!

• Love 4

I was sort of grossed out by Liam & Quinn. Obviously, it's only a soap but I'm just not into the story. Is Quinn waiting for Wyatt & Steff to get married? She could be holding Liam hostage in the cabin for months. Isn't anyone going to notice that both Liam & Qunn are missing? I guess I'm just tired of Scott Cliffton driving every storyline. The fact that I can't take him seriously as a leading man might have something to do with it. LOL!!

Me, neither. As I've said in the past,I got why women went apeshit for Ridge doing most of the same shit. I'm at a lost why any of these women put up with Liam. He's got no style, no romance and all the girls have their own money. What gives? Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 5

It would seem that Steffy is so full of herself that she can't live for one day without some guy up on her. Poor thing.

She's taken on the Liam role this time around.  So in need of someone of the opposite sex at her side that she'll likely end up accepting a proposal from Wyatt while Liam's engagement ring is still warming her finger.  Hell, she could go full Liam and just decide that her engagement ring from Liam can now be her Wyatt engagement ring.  

• Love 1

One thing I have noticed in my limited viewing is that characters get over their relationships pretty damn quick. It's hard to get invested in any relationship when characters are declaring their love to others two minutes later.

• Love 12

One thing I have noticed in my limited viewing is that characters get over their relationships pretty damn quick. It's hard to get invested in any relationship when characters are declaring their love to others two minutes later.

You are so right on this.  Steffy was so hot for Liam, but let him disappear for a day or two and she's falling in love with Wyatt.  For that matter, wasn't Wyatt deeply in love with Ivy and now he's all hot for Steffy?  Makes no sense.  I guess wherever the dickey points north, that's where the engagement ring goes.  I sure would love to see Hope come trotting back to B&B just to see who fights over her again.  Idiots all.  

• Love 6

Dare I say that if/when the show ever brings Hope, they're going to have to find somebody else for either Ivy or Steffy quick.  (Or swerve us by hooking her up with somebody like Zende first, I suppose.)  And that goes straight back to ch1's comment that

...characters get over their relationships pretty damn quick. It's hard to get invested in any relationship when characters are declaring their love to others two minutes later.

In the ten years I've been watching this show, unfortunately, this hasn't really changed that much.  There was definitely more of an attempt to show characters moving or trying to move on from their respective waffles, however, before the Junior Quad of Doom rolled into town.  (And in relative fairness Liam still tries to be a good guy to his exes, more than Ridge usually ever did.)  We were allowed to get invested in couples--I'm still a Bricky fan after all this time for instance, though oh how the show did them so wrong--before it blew them the hell up, and let alone before they ran the idea itself into the faultlines underneath the ground underneath Bell-A.  This is something TPTB have seemingly forgotten, or simply dismissed as irrelevant for whatever insane reason over the years (see also: Zencole).

• Love 3