Type keyword(s) to search

B&B: What's Up Today at Forrester Creations? - Daily Chat

• Start Topic

I am so happy for Liam that Aly's violent death makes him excited for a future with Steffy. I know, I know, life is short, blah blah, but I don't need to hear anything out of his or Steffy's yaps. Well, apparently I do need to hear it, but show doesn't need me to hear any speeches about the deceased. Very tasteful, writers, very tasteful indeed.

Ivy should have cold-cocked Wyatt when he asked if Ivy was angry at Steffy about Aly or because she showed up with Liam. Wyatt must have fallen for the mythos that everything revolves around Liam's junk.

Oliver and Thorne broke my heart.

NuThomas has kind of stupid hair. Otherwise he seems inoffensive.

WTF Ridge? I'm leaning toward Ridge feeling guilty but expressing it in a bizarre way, but I could be way off base.

• Love 9

WTF Ridge? I'm leaning toward Ridge feeling guilty but expressing it in a bizarre way, but I could be way off base.

Now I guess I have to catch up just to see this for myself.  I suppose it's hard to bond with your brother over losing a daughter when it was your daughter who did it.

• Love 4
Oliver and Thorne broke my heart.

Yep. I started feeling somewhat misty when Oliver tried to talk and just turned his head and cried, and then Thorne got up there, and I was a mess.  It's criminal that they're just going to throw Thorne back in the basement after they get done gutting him by killing off his only child.  

If he had said what he said in a smaller scene with, say, Rick, Maya, Steffy, Ivy, Liam, Caroline, and Eric, outside of the memorial itself, it wouldn't have been so bad, because I do assume that what you're saying was the point - he feels guilty.  Maybe his guilt stems from the fact that they all should have known something was up, but they were all so busy fighting over FC that nobody bothered to pay attention to how much the bullshit that went down affected Ally's state of mind.  They let their business machinations negatively affect a mentally unhealthy young woman who is a part of their family, and nobody noticed exactly how affected she was until it was too late.  Now, I know the start of the damage to Ally came from the bullshit Rick and Maya pulled on her, but everyone else failed to think beyond "Rick and Maya were behaving like assholes and their behavior towards Ally is one example" to realize how much that behavior had affected Ally.  To the Ridge/Liam/Steffy side of the equation, she was just one more example of how shitty Rick had behaved to use as justification for a takeover instead of their niece/friend/cousin who was hurting and needed their love, support, and help. 

Maybe if every character, except, what, 3 or 4, wasn't either a Forrester or a Spencer, we wouldn't have to fear that Thomas being back can only mean that he's going to try to sex up his father's girlfriend.  There are literally no age appropriate women on this show who aren't related to him or involved with one of his relatives.  I know a half hour show needs to have a leaner cast than an hour soap, but come on, Bell, throw in some women in that age group who aren't part of what are apparently the only two families in all of L.A. 

• Love 8

Now I guess I have to catch up just to see this for myself.  I suppose it's hard to bond with your brother over losing a daughter when it was your daughter who did it.

Ridge doesn't know what Steffy did. Only Ivy, Chickenhead and of course Steffy know the truth.

I was too busy crying to notice - was cousin Zende at the memorial service? Isn't he staying at the house? Thomas sure got a quick flight in. Was everyone already at the funeral parlor and grave before coming to the house? I think Aly would have wanted Hope to be there. Did anyone call, email or text her? It's just surprising how quickly this story is moving along. It's like they can't get rid of Aly fast enough. To get to what - Ridge and Thomas triangling Caroline? And yuck, that miserable dirge they played - I would have rather heard the actors speaking.

• Love 3

It is moving along quickly. 

Surely Ivy is next to be ruined, Thorne and Oliver will go back to having no screen time, and Pam and Charlie won't have anyone else to hang out with/be goofy over.  I hate that so many people are going to be negatively affected just so the puffer fish can have some angst and the two assholes can have their slate cleared of the people they treated so poorly.

• Love 6

I'm so torn between being relieved/glad that Aly was worthy enough to receive a funeral, and sad/disgusted that it was THAT funeral that she received.

The good:

• Fun! Steffy didn't speak at the funeral (although, she is bringing French braids back, allegedly).
  • Maya didn't speak.
  • Thorne did get to speak, and really brought tons of emotion.
  • Also, Thorne was not seated in the back of the room, he was up with everyone else - yay, an improvement for him!
  • As soon as Caroline started to speak and they showed the scene where Aly was telling her about Oliver being her first kiss, I remembered that scene, and how good both AP & LG were in that giddy scene, and it really made me feel again for Aly.
  • Oliver really was so good at the emotion. He made me feel for him and I loved re-seeing their courtship.
  • I actually thought it was sweet and in-character of Pam & Charlie to remember, and no doubt mention, Aly in their role-playing evenings, which is way cleaner than it sounds.
  • So happy that Liam can look past all of the current sadness of a young girl's death and all, and be so totally stoked about a future cha cha cha-ing.
  • At least for the time being, Brooke & Eric are still the matriarch and patriarch of the show, judging by their solidarity for Thorne. Your move, Maya & Rick.

The bad:

• Um, Ridge, I love you, but WTF!
  • Thorne should've been the last one to speak. He just lost his only child.
  • Rick & Maya had no business being front & center in the seating arrangement. Gag, I hope they're called out on their hypocrisy (Maya at least seems to genuinely feel guilty).
  • Ivy being all up in Steffy's grill and basically calling her a murderer, while they're at the service of the girl that Steffy supposedly "murdered". I'm not saying she's right or wrong, but it was inappropriate of Ivy. I will rag on Steffy all the time, but I do think she genuinely feels remorse and truly didn't mean to kill Aly, tire-iron tossing aside.

I actually think, if done correctly, this Steffy guilty-but-not-totally-guilty storyline could be really good.

**If you have DirectTV & want to stay unspoiled, don't read the guide for the week, it'll totally tell you whom Liam chooses as his lady love, and what Wyatt does afterwards.

• Love 6

**If you have DirectTV & want to stay unspoiled, don't read the guide for the week, it'll totally tell you whom Liam chooses as his lady love, and what Wyatt does afterwards.

Liam already chose Steffy last week

• Love 1

Sure Ivy, Steffy didn't have to kill Ally but it would have been much better for you if Ally killed Steffy. At worse it was self defense and it doesn't look like Steffy actually hit Ally, with the tire iron, Steffy was just keeping Ally away from her. I would imagine that even the LA county pathologist wouldn't be that inept to see another wound beside where Ally hit her head.

Maybe Ridge's speech was a little inappropriate to bring up Ally's state of mind but, like Maya, B&B wanted to canonize Ally and their behavior is inconsequential. The Fosters continue to show that they would rather sweep family problems under the table than deal with them.

Once again Wyatt makes a keen observation in telling Ivy that is she more upset with Steffy being responsible for Ally's death or that she is with Liam. I can't tell you how happy I was not to see Rick and Maya stand up to make as speach about Ally.

• Love 4
I can't tell you how happy I was not to see Rick and Maya stand up to make as speach about Ally.

I spent that whole montage of speakers in fear that they would.  I was so relieved when it didn't happen. 

• Love 4
(edited)

So once again, Brad jumps ahead right to the memorial. Skipping all the reactions from Oliver and the rest of the family. The montage was very well done though.

Pierson Fode debuted as Thomas today. He didn't do much today, so time will tell if he can act. We've never had a Thomas that could act, so hopefully third time is the charm.

Edited by Whitley Trillbert
  • Love 3

I am out. I absolutely refuse to watch this shit. I refuse to watch the death of a lovely young woman, who needed help and support from her family and got nothing. Georgie's death on GH broke my heart, and I am not going to go through that again.

• Love 9
(edited)

Cupid Stunt, on 25 Jul 2015 - 9:56 PM, said:

To: Bradley Bell -- Bell-Phillip Television Productions Inc.

Re: Killing Off Legacy Characters and Their Progeny

Robert-Downey-Jr.-got-any-more-bad-ideas

Sincerely,

Cupid Stunt

Anna Yolei quote

It's not even so much the killing off of characters but why. What did we get from Phoebe'Phoebe's death? More Ridge/Rick angst as Rick and Steffy banged for six months just to fizzle out offscreen? The only time Steffy mentioned Phoebe in the past five years is to throw it in Hope's face that she only ever had one sister...one she loved so much that Steffy swapped spit with her ex before her body went cold. Okay.

And that's why I think killing off characters like Ally is a terrible idea and produces nothing. The honored dead have always received short-shrift on Bn'B. Show handles death as a romanticized hearts-n-flowers farewell (have to have a fabulous funeral) to move a SL and/or character forward -- In other words, Plot Plot Plot. Once the individual is dead, their name is mentioned in a few bittersweet re-memories, but they are eventually shelved and forgotten. The dead are waltzed out periodically to give some story legitimacy, but mostly to further a Plot Plot Plot. 

As has been pointed out with the lame after-party for the California Freedom fashion show, shelving living Legacy characters seems to be de rigueur as well. No Eric or Thorne at the fashion show? No Ridge, Caroline, Eric, Brooke, Thorne, Charlie, Pam, Quinn or Deacon at the lame after-party either?

To quote Gertrude Stein -- There's no there there without the Legacy characters pot-stirring, repeating their expositional dialog and generally getting in the way. There is a vacancy to this summer's hijinks with only the Junior Class B Squad doing the jitterbug, Beach Blanket Babylon Pool Party, eye fucking each other, and vehicular homicide attempts. None of the Junior's have the acting skills to carry a scene, and the SLs are already stupidly written without their floundering through them alone. They need a Legacy character to add balance.

Are productions costs the reason for the absence of Legacy's, or will the B Squad the only direction for Bn'B?

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Love 3

So once again, Brad jumps ahead right to the memorial. Skipping all the reactions from Oliver and the rest of the family. The montage was very well done though.

While it would've been inappropriate, what Aly's service needed was someone to pull a Maxie Jones from GH style teardown on everyone in that room for failing Aly either by ignoring her problems or aiding in undermining her mental health (Rick and Maya).  On GH when Maxie went after her mother for abandoning her and her sister Georgie at Georgie's funeral, it was so inappropriate but SO good and on point. Olivier (or Pam) needed to lose their decorum and tell it like it was - that Aly had her issues, but everyone in that room failed her in some way.

And then Oliver could show up drunk in a few weeks at the

Raya wedding

to heckle them a little before

toppling the wedding cake.

Man, I am really bitter, LOL.

As for hopes for the new Thomas, old Thomas Drew Tyler Bell may have had his acting issues, but the boy won himself a Daytime Emmy on his way out :)

• Love 10

Ivy didn't call Steffy a muderer at the funeral. She implied that she knows Steffy is lying about what really happened. One thing that is refreshing in all this is that Steffy obviously feels terrible and guilty, a rare occurrence on this show in recent days. That she keeps lying about an obvious case of self-defense is dumb writing and is doing nothing to make the character more palatable to me. Using Aly's death to ship Liam and Steffy, as it feels like the show is doing, is just not cool.

If they write Ivy as wanting in Liam's knickers more than she wants what she feels is justice for Aly, I may experience a rage blackout.

• Love 9

Rick could have told the fun story about how he manipulated Aly by dangling a shoe line in front of her. He and St. Maya could have regaled them with the hilarious tale of an embarrassed Aly serving them a post-coital bowl of ice cream. Then Thorne could have beat the shit out of him.

• Love 16

Remember what show we are watching, dead is not really dead.  Maybe they buried rubber Aly and Prince Omar is with the real thing. 

I won't lie, I spent most of today's episode hoping that, as the memorial ended, we'd get a shot of her body lying somewhere and her eyes jolting open right as the scene faded to black. 

• Love 13

How tall is new Thomas he made Wyatt look like a hobbit when they were standing next to each other.

God forgive me for saying it, but the minute PingCha are happy I want Hope back. 

• Love 8
(edited)

God forgive me for saying it, but the minute PingCha are happy I want Hope back.

I think ONLY God could forgive wanting Hope back :) Edited by ByTor
  • Love 5

How tall is new Thomas he made Wyatt look like a hobbit when they were standing next to each other.

Apologies to hobbits everywhere. Loves me a tall drink of water....Helloooo Thomas! God forgive me too cause Hope is the only one to wipe the smug from Pufferfish's face.

• Love 4

While this whole Ally dies/funeral was rushed. I did love the send off with the funeral and montage of clips. More well done than how GH did Tony Geary's exit today.

• Love 5
(edited)

Good casting too. I think he looks like he could actually be TK's son.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 2

tricknasty, on 27 Jul 2015 - 6:09 PM, said:

Hope is the only one to wipe the smug from Pufferfish's face.

ByTor quote

hmmmm you make a good point

The appearance of the Tire Iron of Fate would cause some deflation to Steffy's over-filled visage.

• Love 5

Winsor Harmon did a great job. It was nice to see Lang & McCook though they didn't say much. Unfortunately, Harmon will probably be gone in a month or two. The whole storyline feels disjointed. Like, did Ivy & Steffy go to the police station? Were they interviewed? How do the cops think Aly fell on the Rock & died? So, many questions and so little answers.

• Love 6

OMG.  Now folks are hoping for the return of Miss Chastity, aka Hope Logan.  The only person on this show that has been equal to matching my hate for Hope is Nicole.  I am so pissed they are wasting Zende on that girl.  I even like Maya at her worst better than either of those young ladies.

When Aly first returned, the character annoyed me beyond words.  But then they had her fall in love with Oliver and that was so sweet it still makes me smile.  Can't say I enjoyed the medieval times type of entertainment she shared with Pam and Charlie, but it was still nice to see her having fun.  The scenes they wrote for AP and Hunter Tylo were so touching, and I was impressed by the writers for finding such a lovely way to end a sordid story line.  But this being BnB, they had to go and ruin it.  They certainly had to do something with Aly.  Neither cast nor viewers could have taken that crap for much longer.  But KILL her?  Seriously?  What stinking hacks these writers are.

Not only am I obviously in the minority about Hope, I thought the show today was well done.  The silent eulogies were just fine because the flashbacks were so good.  Besides, I don't trust the writers to come up with any words that would leave me fulfilled.  I get what Ridge was going for, I think.  I don't believe it was guilt about Steffy, but rather that none of the family did enough to help Aly while she was alive.  Her behavior was so often so bizarre that they should have all picked up on it.  And acted. 

Nu Thomas is a stunner.  Kind of a Y&R Joe Clark look, I think.  Didn't get enough views of him today, but I guess I'll have to wait until another day.   Someone up thread mentioned there are not enough young women on the show to interest Thomas.  The same goes for men.  If you are a Forrester, male or female, and reside in Lost Angeles, there is no where for you to go but to the Spencers, and that's only 1 female and 2 males.  We need another family to move into the neighborhood, but no more Avants please.

While I'm being disagreeable, or at least disagreeing a lot, I also think there are a lot of good actors on the show.   In fact, olther than Charlie and Nicole, I think they all are.  What I think hurts them all is poor dialogue.  Such rotten lines these poor actors are given.  Give them all a drink on me, just for putting up with that.

And finally, Brooke looks way too old for Thorne.  Other than I don't want to see any more May/Sep romances, I think Thorne would look stunning with Ivy.

• Love 7

And finally, Brooke looks way too old for Thorne.  Other than I don't want to see any more May/Sep romances, I think Thorne would look stunning with Ivy.

Aren't they cousins? 

• Love 3

Aren't they cousins? 

Damn, they are.  See, that's why we need some new people in the neighborhood.  Too bad they all work for FC.  Otherwise, they might have people at work that they aren't related to, and could take out for coffee or a drink.

• Love 3
(edited)

I thought they did a pretty good job with Ally's service; I am glad we didn't hear the speeches, just saw the faces and reactions. All the same, I am still reeling with what they have done. Killing off characters is something that happens in soap land, so I have been trying to figure out why Ally dying has me going in circles. Why it has left me feeling distressed, and left the show with a feeling of unfinished business. I think it has to do with the bigger picture, and what Ally's death could mean to the future of the show. 

Ally is the daughter of a core character; a legacy daughter/granddaughter, Thorne's only child and one of two "Forrester" blue blood grandchildren. Who will carry on Thorne's legacy now? Not that he has been a blip on the radar in the last ten years, but does this signal the total and final end of Thorne? I remember all too well when Y&R wrote out the Brook's and Foster's, and replaced them with the Abbott's and the Newman's; the only thing that kept me tuning in was the fact that they didn't write out Katherine Chancellor and Jill. Other than that, the show was unrecognizable, with all these new characters and plot lines. As a viewer, I had no idea who I was supposed to be rooting for. And this is how it started. Are they trying to write out the Forrester's? Ally is gone now, and it appears that they are going to destroy Ivy too, so who does that leave us with? Little Dominick? Zende was adopted. Steffy and Thomas are not bio Forrester's, but are by blood Marone's. Rick and Bridget are Eric's but they are also Logan's. Hope is a Sharpe. RJ is a Marone/Logan. Logan is a Forrester/Logan/Knight. Jack is a Logan/Hayes/Marone. Where are the core Forrester's? As a viewer from day one, I want to see Stephanie's and Eric's legacy. Am I to believe that that is now Rick and Maya? Is the show going to morph into the Marone/Spencer/Logan/Avant one half hour? 

Adding to my angst is that they are clearly going to mess with Ridge and Caroline, the only couple I can root for right now. I wouldn't mind so much if we had been given more. I realize LG's accident hurt the SL, but we only had about two or three shows with them before the accident, and since her return, the focus has been on FC's and S/L/I/W. I appreciate what they did give us; showing Ridge helping Caroline, and him being the doting, loving partner. But for me it hasn't been enough. Particularly when you throw in those early scenes with Brooke's alcoholism and Ridge's distress over it. I wanted Ridge's focus to be 100% on Caroline. And we really haven't gotten that. So, even though I knew the romance would never last, it still feels unfinished, and not completely fleshed out. 

I was also looking forward to Ivy and Wyatt hooking up, and giving the big heave ho to Liam. I have spent hours gleefully imaging his vacant looks of distress, with those beady eyes darting back in forth in confusion as he realizes Ivy is done. But alas, even that feels dead to me now that they are going to ruin Ivy. 

And by all that is holy, I don't think I can stomach one more of Liam's outbursts about how happy he is now that he and Steffy can be together. It is as if one side of his mouth can only say "Cha, cha, cha" while the other dispenses concern and sympathy for Ally. What it sounds like to me is a mother fucker dancing on a road blocks grave; never mind that the road block was a young and troubled girl. 

And if they make Ally's death out to be nothing more than a springboard for Ivy to up the ante in her quest for Liam? I think I will be done. I really do. Ivy said she didn't want Liam on false pretenses, so she better not come at Steffy with some type of friggin blackmail about that damned video. Talk about ruining a character! 

I am so unhappy...........

Edited by RuntheTable
  • Love 23

So well said RunTheTable

I'm catching up now and the definite weak link in the story is JMcW/Steffi acting. But Ally's and Ivy gave me chills. They kicked ass and Steffi almost took me out of the scenes.

As mentioned above I fail to see why Aly had to die or why merit this brings to the show. If anything it's making me super pissed off at Steffi and Raya. Not to mention this just further marginalizes Thorne.

Also Steffis makeup and features made her look like a clown at the fashion show. Um if she has super plumped lips and souped up filler cheeks and large theatrical eyebrows makeup department doesn't need to cake on makeup emphasizing this enormous things. I mean unless they're going for a Lady Gaga or mime inspired look.

• Love 9

Ivy said she didn't want Liam on false pretenses, so she better not come at Steffy with some type of friggin blackmail about that damned video.

Agreed...although I would enjoy the hell out of watching Steffy squirm.

• Love 8
re they trying to write out the Forrester's?

I don't see how they could do that since the central focus of the show is called Forrester Creations. However, I think by getting rid or sidelining most of the "blood" Forresters TPTB have made it that much easier to ensconce Maya as the "Forrester matriarch". Which makes me wonder: if Rick and Caroline had stayed together, would Caroline have become the designated Forrester matriarch or does her being a Spencer disqualify her?

• Love 2

I wouldn't worry about the lack of blood Forresters on the canvas, that's always easily fixed.  $Bill Spencer was childless five years ago, now he's got a brood.

I'm excited for the actress who played Aly, she was way too good and unique for this show who hires "actors" like JMW.

• Love 6

I don't see how they could do that since the central focus of the show is called Forrester Creations. However, I think by getting rid or sidelining most of the "blood" Forresters TPTB have made it that much easier to ensconce Maya as the "Forrester matriarch". Which makes me wonder: if Rick and Caroline had stayed together, would Caroline have become the designated Forrester matriarch or does her being a Spencer disqualify her?

Isn't Maya a little young to be a matriarch?  And since Rick has older brothers how could he be the patriarch of his family?  I view it this way the only way a person can become the head of their  family is if they are the oldest living member.  So as long as Eric is living - he's the patriarch.  He can be non-existent on canvas but that is what he is.  

While watching yesterday the feeling of matriarch and patriarch came from Brooke and Eric with Thorne.   The writers trying to force characters like Maya and Rick into that position is silly to me.

• Love 9

Nicely stated, Runthetable. While I know the memorial speeches would have been boilerplate grief babble and stock full of cliches, what bothers me is that I had to hear Liam's utterly tasteless ode to his exciting future with Steffy and no odes to Ally's life. Although Oliver was able to get my tears flowing without a word, so props to him. Now the dummies in charge can shuffle him off stage so we can appreciate Liam's masterful rapid blinking paired with his nuanced slightly open mouth, a mouth on the precipice of saying "duh."

I don't think anyone sincerely wants Hope to return and gobble up the show. She's just one of the few people who can crack Steffy's face by simply existing. I, personally, am still reeling from her Skype appearance during Brooke's tacky interruption of Deacon's wedding. No more!

• Love 16

Catching up from the last few days... and wow, that happened quickly.  Jacqueline Wood is a horrific actress.  Between her puffy plastic surgeried jacked up face and her pathetic attempt at crying, I couldn't help but laugh when she was trying to tell Thorne that Aly was dead.  She probably thought she was winning an Emmy, but I can't remember the last time I saw such a horrible cry face.

It really bothers me that Rick and Maya treated Aly so badly and havne't paid for it. It is completely unacceptable. I have watched very little the last few months because of the Liam/Steffy/Ivy triangle and because of the abuse. This aspect of the show has not been dealt with and needs to be addressed.

Yes, but this is B&B.  Does anybody ever truly pay?  People get upset but then everything just gets swept under the table, rinse and repeat.  Did Stephanie pay for getting Brooke raped?  Did she pay for giving Brooke a loaded gun and telling her to kill herself?  Did Mulletor Ridge pay for throwing RIIIIIIIIIICCCCCKKKK off the parking garage roof?  Did Bill pay for locking Hope in the gondola?  Did Caroline pay for portraying Maya as a porn star?  Did Amber pay for trapping Ridge and Bridget in a mine shaft?  Did Taylor pay for getting drunk and killing Darla?  Did Pam pay for trying to get a bear to eat Donna?  Did Pam pay for the gold paint Donna?  Sure, there's a little bit of uncomfortableness and a few words, but nobody here ever truly pays.

• Love 8

They should have killed Thorne instead.  Thorne has been a waste of space for years.  The actor is terrible, has always been terrible, and always will be.  Aly had issues but at least they were interesting issues.

Are we going to see a scene in heaven of Aly and Darla reuniting?  Would be nice if Susan Flannery could do a one day shoot for it.  Can we have Ghost Aly and Ghost Darla stick around for a few months?  I would love to see them torture Puffy Face.  She is the only one who can see them.  Beady Eyes thinks she is crazy.  The two of them leave town to get her some help at a sanitarium in Monaco.

• Love 2

They should have killed Thorne instead.  Thorne has been a waste of space for years.

As much as I love Thorne that actually would've been a twist in Eric having to deal with the unexpected death of an adult child, his in fact firstborn son that he overlooked for Ridge and then Rick, Aly would then stand to inherit a crapload of Forrester interests and be thrust into adulthood with her aunts and uncles rallying around her and/or become susceptible to looking for a parental figure to disastrous consequences.

• Love 14
They should have killed Thorne instead.  Thorne has been a waste of space for years.  The actor is terrible, has always been terrible, and always will be.

I'm so glad you said this.  He's been atrocious for years, he made the actress who played Darla look like Meryl Streep.  I'll be the first to admit he was good on Monday at Aly's funeral, but give him a week and he'll be talking in his native Kentucky accent again.  

(edited)

But we already have Saint Maya filling her spot. The world of B&B would collapse if they existed in the same time and space together. :p

ETA: Sayla, put up another seat to the No Hope table. No matter how much I hate Steffy, she stopped being rootable a long ass time ago, burning that particular bridge when she started using Wyatt as a carrot to dangle in front of Liam. Steffy had fuck all to do with that. And while no one can be blamed for having no faith in Liam, pulling the same shit as him wore thin.

There's also her general entitlement complex, something she picked up from her big brother obviously.

Edited by Anna Yolei
  • Love 4

Not only am I obviously in the minority about Hope

Oh you're definitely not in the minority about Hope it's just that...

She's just one of the few people who can crack Steffy's face by simply existing

I was hoping Aly would crack Steffy's face.

But we already have Saint Maya filling her spot. The world of B&B would collapse if they existed in the same time and space together. :p

Excellent point, they would have to rename the show The Perfect and the Righteous. 

Liam did you seriously try to trot out the "we wuz robbed" card and apply it to you and Steffy? Because the only roadblock there was your flip flopping self.

Oh and that time you were married and she left you.

• Love 8

As much as I love Thorne that actually would've been a twist in Eric having to deal with the unexpected death of an adult child, his in fact firstborn son that he overlooked for Ridge and then Rick, Aly would then stand to inherit a crapload of Forrester interests and be thrust into adulthood with her aunts and uncles rallying around her and/or become susceptible to looking for a parental figure to disastrous consequences.

That would have been awesome.

• Love 5

Wow, just when you think Liam couldn't be a bigger d-bag he goes and proves you wrong. I just hope that when he eventually comes sniffing around Ivy again--and it's just a matter of time that he will--that Ivy tells him he can kiss her whole ass. If she tries to use that video to get Steffy out of the way I'm going to be really annoyed. She could easily do so much better than a self-involved tool who takes her for granted.

Wonder why Ridge is so threatened by Thomas' decision to return to home base? Maybe he's remembering how he recently stabbed Eric in the back and is feeling a little nervous that Thomas might do the same to him?

The actress who plays Caroline didn't seem to be having an easy time of it walking in high heels when she and Ridge entered his office. I winced while watching her and wondered why the show decided to to spotlight her difficulty. Even women who haven't been in horrific car accidents sometimes have trouble with heels.

• Love 5

I don't understand why Steffy would be lying. There's a ton of physical evidence that points to Steffy's self defense claim. There's the collage, Aly's fingerprints on the nail, rock, and tire iron, the tire tracks showing Aly's car coming to a halt. Yeah, the video that Ivy took looks bad for Steffy but it's taken out of context. The writing of Aly's death has been so bad.

• Love 14

Run the Table - I co sign every word of your post! Brilliant, really.

I've watched this show off and on since the premiere...when it's been awesome, okay and just plain old stinky awful. Aly's death is the worst offense yet. If she had been sacrificed to create a viable storyline, that would be one thing. Far as I see, it's a sorryass attempt to: a) give Steffy depth and vulnerability (no, no and Hell no) b)serve as justification for Liam/Steffy 2.0 c) ruin Ivy and d) further eliminate Thorne from the canvas.

I remember Liam/Steffy 1.0. Steffy imprinted on Liam like a baby duck when he save her from the living room tub. Made no sense except it did give the writers Ridge/Brooke/Taylor the Next Generation. This time with the Logan being the virginal ideal instead of the Slut from the Valley. Liam is very much the girl who can't be without a man for two seconds. Must be in a relationship and have a backup on call who will step in on a moments notice. Steffy was always the back up. She wanted Liam because Hope had him mainly. Liam liked that she put out and had no issue with used, still warm engagement rings. But Liam always wanted Hope, even when he was with Steffy. He cared for Steffy, but I never got the feeling she was the one he couldn't live without. I believed he went back to pregnant Steffy because it was the right thing to do. But he still wanted Hope.

Then Steffy blessedly leaves and we start eating mor Chik'n and Hope beams away. And here is Ivy. Gorgeous, smart, talented and Liam realizes he can love this one. Steffy Cha Cha Cha's back into town demanding him in her bed and Liam says no! The writers made us love him and believe his love for Ivy. It was good. Then JMW needs a job and is back for good. Liam starts giving waffles everywhere a bad name and becomes despicable following Steffy around like lovesick pup. As a viewer, I understand retcons are occasionally needed. But this one? No. And now we have sacrificed a legacy character to show the fragility of life as a reason 2.0 must happen. Aly going back to Paris for therapy was the way to go. Keep the character for down the road. Steffy picked up the tire iron in self defense. But no, let's have her lie and be all conflicted over "killing" Aly. She can cry and shit and she needs Liam. And best of all we can destroy Ivy, too!!! Ugh. Wrong on so many levels.

I may walk away this time. Hate watching isn't enough this time. :(

• Love 21
(edited)

Yaaaaas to nuThomas. He is a cutie pie! When can we see him without a shirt? 6HDtQfw.png</perv>

Thorne is back in fine form, as well! No gut, pecs on fleek, yes! </perv, really this time>

I have to echo the sentiment that Aly death a horrible waste of a good legacy character. I know I don't get to watch every episode of this show some weeks, but her change from cute young woman with lovely hair and clothes to fundy puritan was rather abrupt wasn't it? Her whole storyline for the last month was so jarring, and handled very poorly. I mean, her whole family was too dense to catch her downward spiral early on? Ivy? Pam? Damn, B and B, you really took the L on this.

It dawned on my today that Steffie looks like if Bristol Palin and Kim Kardashian had a baby. Just an unholy swollen plastic mess. She really was the best possible representation of HT's old face back in the day. Hollywood must be a bitch if a beautiful young woman feels that she needs so much work.

Anyway, the show is kind of a drag right now.  Which ladies are not related to Thomas so they can jump on that? Caroline, Ivy, Maya, Nicole, Quinn. Maybe Brook for a little Mrs. Robinson action?  Forgive me if I include any family members, this family tree on this show is so fucked.

Edited by P-Fat
  • Love 17