Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

They're all looking out for themselves and their kids first despite what they try to tell us, although I do think the wives do care for the other kids to a large extent as well. Robyn went from No.4 (just as the series started filming, which was apparently well known within the community) to No.1 within 5 years, which doesn't just happen unless you are actively rooting for it, which in polygamy means trampling over a few other women. For a long time she has seemed to hold much of Kody's attention and has seemed to be an expert in the Mormon version of "Bless You Honey!" (insert real meaning here).

Plus Robyn's insistence that "we should have all been together from the start" and rewriting history so that Kody is the Father of her very young kids in that photo was one of the creepiest non murder things I have ever seen. This lifestyle encourages many women against each other and whenever I hear MSWC I do automatically think "well they already share a husband and don't seem to like each other, do they have to borrow tacky jewellery as well?".

• Love 13

In their book, Robyn describes knowing that Meri and Kody were going to be at a get-together, and that they were in negotiations for a show. She then explains how she kept making it a point to walk past and try and get his attention. She befriended Meri, and courted Kody without Janelle or Christine knowing. She told Kody sob stories about her marriage and how poor and abused she was, making Kody feel like a knight in shining armor, a comment he made on the show about himself along with one that polyg husband who married the twin.

She made a big deal about not having had a crib for her other kids, only to learn that she believed in keeping them in her bed until they were weaned, which for Solomon was aged three. You don't need a crib if your kids are sleeping in your bed. 

She opened a Post Office Box for fans to send baby gifts to, which I find particularly skeevy, by many didn't so your mileage may vary on that. Well, actually, YMMV on everything. There were several things throughout the seasons that I watched which I found manipulative, but don't want to think about her any longer. My fantasy football players are irritating me enough as it is, and my browser keeps refreshing.

• Love 12
10 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Meri helped pimp in Robyn to help them land the show, and went after her because she thought she'd be a malleable ally to the Janelle/Christine team that Meri had purposefulled isolated herself from. 

Your entire post is full of AWESOMENESS!! I think you are spot on with your observations.  The quote above is why I cannot work up any sympathy at all for Meri.  Robyn is a stealth bitch, but Meri is the original stealth bitch and she got out-stealthed by her own hand.  From what I see of Meri she's the type who creates conflict and then cries to Kody about how mean the other women are to her.  She thought Robyn would be her little cats paw and now she finds herself being the mouse!  I think it's Karma.  I don't really like any of these people, but I find Meri to be a complete jerk and even though I don't like Robyn, I love that she outplayed Meri at her own little game.  

On another note, I did like it when they were discussing Mykelti's wedding plans and she told Kody that Mykelti needed her father to tell her that she is precious and worth waiting for.  I also loved it when she told him to be quiet.  Sometimes I really like what she has to say, I guess as they say a broken clock is even right twice a day!

• Love 4

Thanks, everyone. There were some posts above mine with other Stealth Bitch instances that I didn't repeat.

Now by no means do I excuse Kody or call him a victim for going along with it all. He was manipulated, but because he only thinks of himself and his immediate wants.

Robyn isn't the sole villain here, she's just the most manipulative. They all have their moments. 

• Love 5

As awful as these women are sometimes, I still think Robyn takes the HBIC cake because she constantly inserts herself into past family situations as if she were there when she wasn't.  How many times have we heard her prattle on and on about something that happened in the family before she was a part of it?  She came in as the newbie but quickly and firmly established herself as the voice of the entire family.  She was brand-new at being a sister wife when she married Kody but she always presents herself as an expert in all things sister wives.  She manipulates with tears all the time.  She also takes Kody on in a self-assured way that the other wives can't ever do, and she does this because she knows that she's Kody's #1 Wifey.  The other wives tend to tiptoe around him, lest they slip a notch on Kody's totem pole.  Robyn knew just how infatuated Kody was with her so she's never had to take that humbled, mousy, quiet role.  She lets the other wives fight for second place because she knows she's got the #1 place on lock.  That's why she can be so snippy around Kody and tell him what she thinks he should do, and he'll sit there and take it from her like a naughty schoolboy.

Heck, in just the last episode where Christine and Robyn were discussing some vague thing that happened - Christine was mad at Kody but took it out on Robyn - Robyn was able to manufacture the waterworks, while referencing an event that happened, what - two months ago?  Or more?  That's pure manipulation on her part.  If you have a fight with someone and you're asked about it months later, do you typically cry about it?  Or have you moved on and can talk about it as an adult?  Robyn is so stealth.  What I'd love to know is how Meri feels now about sneaking Robyn into Kody's arms.  Probably didn't work out quite the way Meri intended.

@RazzleberryPie...your post was awesome and I'd love to see you write something up like that about the other three wives.

• Love 13
On 1/4/2017 at 6:12 PM, SongbirdHollow said:

Given how universally shitty 2016 was for most people, I was offended by that tweet.

I can't really blame them for choosing to look at the positive. And I can't really blame them for sharing that publicly, either. That said, 2016 was a pretty horrible year  and I am happy it is over.

• Love 9

So according to Radaronline again Sobbin is pregnant with her 3rd Kody JR and divorcing him.  Article says she may be out by Easter.  Trying to drum up ratings?  Kendra was one interviewed so I am fairly certain this is eyerollworthy HOWEVER, I would kind of welcome some fireworks on this show a tad more exciting that will or won't Janelle cook food.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

So according to Radaronline again Sobbin is pregnant with her 3rd Kody JR and divorcing him.  Article says she may be out by Easter.  Trying to drum up ratings?  Kendra was one interviewed so I am fairly certain this is eyerollworthy HOWEVER, I would kind of welcome some fireworks on this show a tad more exciting that will or won't Janelle cook food.

ah yes, the biannual Wife Number Five/Baby Number 12,384 article. 

Kendra hasn't been buddy buddy with the Browns for almost 2 years now, Give it up already!!!

• Love 4

Only reason Kendra and Robyn broke up for a minute as BFFs, is to make it look like Robyn had no knowledge of the whole catfish situation.

i believe Robyn will split. She's a manipulative Stealth Bitch. She 'won' by finding a 'better' husband than her ex (remember she and Kody were most likely courting or whatever they call it before her divorce was final). She maneuvered her way to HBIC mentally and legally. She got herself out of poverty and VS debt, and is aiming for a spinoff. 

When the Brown family is of no use to her AKA she finds a better grift (wealthier man) or she's so far gone in recovering anything profitable from Sister Wives, she'll be gone. 

Wouldnt shock me if she sends her older kids back to their Cookie theif dad, dumps the new kids on Kody, and leaves with another man. If she dumps kids o Kody, that means Dumping them on Christine, and that may be the final thing to force Christine to wake up and split. 

I also fully expect Wife #5 to pop up really soon. Most likely Robyn's cousin or whatever she is. Who knows, maybe Kendra.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, leighroda said:

Well, Easter is in six days, at this writing, and Sobyn should either poop or get off the pot (I cleaned up the phrase, yes!).  There are children involved and that kind of drama does no one any good.

I think this is all a sham to increase interest in the show by TLC for another season.  I'm not impressed and it doesn't surprise me that the serial cheater is off with yet another vict..  I mean, woman.  This is a guy who has lots and lots of issues.  If the 24 year old he's allegedly with is that naive that she thinks she can fix him, then she simply hasn't been paying attention.

• Love 2

@b2H I agree... I'm not sure what exactly Robyn expected as she was the 4th wife, so she went into this eyes wide open, albeit maybe rose colored glasses, but surely she knew just as easily she became the "hot new wife" that a few years down the line, she'd be the one traded for a newer model.

• Love 2

That is the same story Kendra has sold over and over and over and over again, to anyone who will pay for it. Robyn had to cut her off back during the catfish debacle; she doesn't know anything.

Damn, Kendra. Think up something new. Woman is every bit as mentally unhinged as the catfish psycho. I don't understand why these tabloids give her any attention at all. Not once has anyone been able to confirm an iota of her claims, and people have scoured social media to try. The Browns are lazy and dumb and can't keep anything quiet. 

• Love 5

Remember how long the rumors were swirling over Brad and Angelina's marriage woes? It finally did end, after years of reported misery. There could be a kernel of truth to this (one could only hope!). The way her marriage to Kody has aged her, I'd run for the hills

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Christina said:

That is the same story Kendra has sold over and over and over and over again, to anyone who will pay for it. Robyn had to cut her off back during the catfish debacle; she doesn't know anything.

Damn, Kendra. Think up something new. Woman is every bit as mentally unhinged as the catfish psycho. I don't understand why these tabloids give her any attention at all. Not once has anyone been able to confirm an iota of her claims, and people have scoured social media to try. The Browns are lazy and dumb and can't keep anything quiet. 

Kendra just needs to let go of Robyn. She's approaching Jackie Overton levels of insanity. 

Unless, Robyn never stopped being friends with Kendra and everything Kendra reveals is Robyn-authorized. 

• Love 8
13 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Remember how long the rumors were swirling over Brad and Angelina's marriage woes? It finally did end, after years of reported misery. There could be a kernel of truth to this (one could only hope!). The way her marriage to Kody has aged her, I'd run for the hills

The thing is, when it comes to things like truth in tabloids, you have to count the misses as well as the hits.  There have been lots of couples reported to be breaking up multiple times who are still together, and lots of couples who broke up with no tabloid advance notice.  Not to mention, Brad and Angelina both had long reputations of sleeping around on their significant others (heck, it's how they met!), so it's a bit like predicting a blizzard every winter day in North Dakota--eventually you're going to be right.

Granted, both Robyn and Kody have been divorced, but I think it's more likely that Kody will take another wife first, which will precipitate Robyn leaving.  I don't think Robyn married the man/family as much as she married the show.  I predict the first three wives will stay, but Robyn will bolt when the show is cancelled.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, MonicaM said:

Okay, she isn't pregnant, she's just getting fat in the Brown family tradition.  Thanks for the clarification Robyn.  

Please, someone, tweet this to her. 

• Love 5
On 4/10/2017 at 10:11 PM, CofCinci said:

Kendra just needs to let go of Robyn. She's approaching Jackie Overton levels of insanity. 

Unless, Robyn never stopped being friends with Kendra and everything Kendra reveals is Robyn-authorized. 

I don't think Kendra is insane, just gossiping for profit. 

I absolutely don't think they ever stopped being friends. Maybe didn't speak a lot for a minute when it was coming clear that Robyn knew all about Meri and Catfish, but that's been a couple years.

Although this bunch is so inbred there is a possibility Robyn's kid and Kody share some family features, Robyn is a batshit crazy Stealth Bitch. 

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

Did it come out that the adoption was faked? I must have missed that!

Other people on here have more information about this, but it was apparently faked. I know someone presented evidence to back that up. I just can't remember where it was and I'm unable to spare the time to go look for it right now.

32 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

Did it come out that the adoption was faked? I must have missed that!

Someone who has access to the private records has said that there are no records for this faux-adoption . . . and someone else has reported that the "courtroom" was not an actual courtroom.  And think about the logic; if your first husband is such a terrible, violent person - would your first move after removing him as their legal father be to send the kids to spend time with him?

• Love 7

So they've had comments that Aurora looks like Kody?  They must have gotten into a time machine and gone back to swap out bio dad.

They can do that!  Remember the creepy as hell drawing that replaced dad with Kody?  I guess some of their "fans" will swallow anything...

• Love 4

It was clear when they said the adoption was going through that it was faked, because it does not work the way they were presenting. The State of Nevada would have had to make an exception for the Brown family, which did not happen. Then, we learned there were no records on file, either. When they told the kids, Dayton looked shocked and Breanna broke into tears. They cut away for a minute and then Dayton said that he understood that it needed to happen in case they needed medical attention, or something. I just remember being crushed for them and hating Robyn and Kody even more.

Kendra is absolutely, unequivocally, hateful and disturbed. Her big insult is to hope people die of cancer, telling one person on the Sister Wives Facebook page that she hoped her daughter died from cancer, when that woman's child was being treated for cancer. She is hateful and cruel and the fact that Robyn didn't shut her down way back then made me think even less of Robyn. She said that she couldn't speak for Kendra, but never once said that Kendra was wrong to say such things. Kendra needs inpatient care and I'm not saying that flippantly; I think she needs serious treatment. She attacked FANS of the show, people who were saying positive things about the family, because she is unable to mentally process what it going on and being said. If she wasn't so cruel, I'd probably feel sorry for her.

• Love 4