Type keyword(s) to search

Robyn Brown: She wanted the family, but got stuck with the man.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

LOL. BWAHAHAHAHA! There's no way that's what she's doing. Do you really think they can afford $1500 for this: https://www.fully.com/standing-desks/treadmill-desks.html? I'm sure that all Sobbyn is doing is using a treadmill and replying to email using her phone.

Oh, and that's $1500 for just the smallest, most basic configuration. If you start customizing that desk with the contour top, change the material, or add any goodies, the price ramps up quickly.

Maybe Robyn will put on her best whiny face, and cry to the fam that she really really really needs this desk!  Seems to work for her sister wife.

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Quite the promotion

They're dragging this band out again?  Who besides Utah people and unfortunately, us, has ever heard of this band?  Meri used to be their groupie, but she dropped them like a hot potato when the catfish came along.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, toodles said:

They're dragging this band out again?  Who besides Utah people and unfortunately, us, has ever heard of this band?  Meri used to be their groupie, but she dropped them like a hot potato when the catfish came along.

They broke up last year if memory serves. Who buys CDs anymore? You can get all the songs online anyways. ?

• Love 3
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

They broke up last year if memory serves. Who buys CDs anymore? You can get all the songs online anyways. ?

But it's autographed by people I've never heard of!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, SL16 said:

But it's autographed by people I've never heard of!

A CD by a group no one has heard of in an age where CDs are dying - typical Brown Brain Trust marketing idea.  These people - does the word clueless come to mind?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

A CD by a group no one has heard of in an age where CDs are dying - typical Brown Brain Trust marketing idea.  These people - does the word clueless come to mind?

They "released" this back when they did the commitment ceremony, what 4 years ago? They must have tons left and are trying to rid themselves of the inventory.

• Love 4
On 2/11/2018 at 6:15 PM, Kyanight said:

Mykelti:  "It's MY wedding and it's what I want!"

Kody:  "I am NOT putting Ariella and the little ones outside in the cold!"

Whoever said they are liking Kody more these days - I agree.  Good for him, thinking of his baby girl and not putting her in harm's way because of her selfish older sister's whims!  I GET that it's her wedding - but sometimes you ALSO have to think of other's welfare.

Mykelti doesn't care about anyone's welfare, she told them to "suck it up". Robyn looked positively pissed and I don't blame her--also, those "heaters" they got don't work well unless you're right under them. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Mykelti doesn't care about anyone's welfare, she told them to "suck it up". Robyn looked positively pissed and I don't blame her--also, those "heaters" they got don't work well unless you're right under them

I was thinking more of a kerosene heater, like some of these: https://www.google.com/search?q=kerosene+heater&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS751US751&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjs3f_QpaPZAhXh8YMKHXWjArkQ_AUI8gIoAQ&biw=1280&bih=590. I've used another style that's basically a pot with a chimney, into which you put kerosene or fuel oil and light it. That style comes with the downside of a hint of open flame at the top of the chimney, though. The pictured heaters would be much safer.

• Love 1

Those are pretty awesome! I always refer to them as "football player heaters" 'cause you seem 'em during cold, outdoor games. Provably would have worked better than the ones they had for the wedding. Hubby and I were outside for a dinner with friends in town--we had TWO of the kind the Browns used at our table and it was still cold. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

They "released" this back when they did the commitment ceremony, what 4 years ago? They must have tons left and are trying to rid themselves of the inventory.

Perhaps they should have used the cd's, unwrapped, and written in sharpie on the backs of them, and thrown those at the couple  - no need to buy frisbies then  :-)

• Love 11
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

Perhaps they should have used the cd's, unwrapped, and written in sharpie on the backs of them, and thrown those at the couple  - no need to buy frisbies then  :-)

That is brilliant!  Those that wanted to, could pick one up & play it.  Or not.

You must be a creative type.  I think I missed out on that gene, and I do admire it in others :)

• Love 4
On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:06 PM, toodles said:

Their world famous in Utah.

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 10:38 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Oops, they were world famous in Utah.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I know I am nitpicking, but “my kids” bugs me. Shouldn’t it be “some of my kids “ since they are mothers to all?

Only mothers to all when they want to guarantee time in front of the camera when one of the "other" kids gets married or something.  THEN they are all mothers to all kids.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Only mothers to all when they want to guarantee time in front of the camera when one of the "other" kids gets married or something.  THEN they are all mothers to all kids.

This is really just a thought that flitted through my head after reading your post - have you EVER seen Robyn with Truley in front of the camera?  Or even say a word to her?  We don't see the little ones all that much on Sister Wives - compared to the Duggars for example - but I don't recall ever seeing much interaction with Robyn and ANY of the younger kids that weren't hers.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

This is really just a thought that flitted through my head after reading your post - have you EVER seen Robyn with Truley in front of the camera?  Or even say a word to her?  We don't see the little ones all that much on Sister Wives - compared to the Duggars for example - but I don't recall ever seeing much interaction with Robyn and ANY of the younger kids that weren't hers.

IIRC, there was an incident on one of the driveways, where Christine asked Robyn to mind Truely when Christine needed to be somewhere.  Robyn screwed up her wizened little face and whined that she had to be somewhere (a game or dance class I think), with her OWN kids. Told me all I needed to know about how polygamy works.

• Love 9

I haven't watched this show in a few years and am pretty surprised at the change in Robyn. She clearly started hating Kody sometime during her last pregnancy. She looks bloated and haggard and miserable. Kind of like the other wives.  No adoring glances at the ding-dong, no glorifying polygamy, just gloom and puffiness.  Be careful what you wish for...

• Love 6
On 2/16/2018 at 8:42 AM, ginger90 said:

I know I am nitpicking, but “my kids” bugs me. Shouldn’t it be “some of my kids “ since they are mothers to all?

4 pictures in link:

Aurora is taking a page from Mariah’s fashion book.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

Aurora is taking a page from Mariah’s fashion book.

Notice Robyn is taking not so subtle digs at Meri with Sol in a Batman t-shirt.  When all the catfish turmoil was happening, she had Sol front and center in Batman pj's, she might argue that it's his favorite cartoon character, but at the time, Sol was 2 years old.  At 2 years old, kids are easily distracted to another favorite and he wasn't out shopping for his own clothes.  I'm not a Meri fan or supporter, but that struck me as just plain mean and vindictive.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Notice Robyn is taking not so subtle digs at Meri with Sol in a Batman t-shirt.  When all the catfish turmoil was happening, she had Sol front and center in Batman pj's, she might argue that it's his favorite cartoon character, but at the time, Sol was 2 years old.  At 2 years old, kids are easily distracted to another favorite and he wasn't out shopping for his own clothes.  I'm not a Meri fan or supporter, but that struck me as just plain mean and vindictive.

A dig at Meri? Probably. But mean? Not to me.  Everyone basically told her she was being catfished and she refused to listen. We all know the rest.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

A dig at Meri? Probably. But mean? Not to me.  Everyone basically told her she was being catfished and she refused to listen. We all know the rest.

Yeah but this is supposed to be FAMILY.  My kids do stupid things that I TOLD them not to do - but do they listen?  Heck no.  And they need to live their own lives and learn stuff by experience.  But if they DO make mistakes (and trust me, they DO) I don't rub their noses in it.  Putting a 2 year old in batman stuff is just plain vindictive when you are talking about your "oh -so-loved" sister wife!   Meri BROUGHT Robyn into the family.... Meri divorced Kody so that Robyn could be the legal wife (for her kids' sake - blah blah blah) and then Robyn is going to bite the hand that fed her?  Wrong.  Just wrong.   Or at the very least extremely insensitive and unthoughtful.

• Love 5

OMG the second photo - I think it's supposed to be a man bun. But he looks like a rooster who jumped off the barn and fluffed his top knot on the way down.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:
4 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Kody needs to cut his hair!!!! OMG. 

Maybe he's channeling Jesus.

Last night it was sticking way out on each side.  I tried to find a photo on the net but couldn't.  He was channeling his inner Bozo.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Wait, how old is Solomon? What grade is he in?  Is he seriously supposed to take that thing to school and pass it off as his own work? 

Maybe it’s the sort of project that he’s supposed to be working on with his parents?  I had some of those when I was in school, but I’m old, so I don’t know if they do them any more. 

• Love 2

I was never assigned a project like that to do with my parents. My daughter was never assigned a project like that to do with me.  

I remember it always being emphasized that we do our projects ourselves, lest we be graded down. My brother once made the most incredible tiny log cabin (complete with a tiny bear skin rug cut from the sherpa lining of my sister's coat! Boy was she pissed!) and he was accused of having help. It was the only time in my life can remember my father going to our school. He told them to cut the shit and boy howdy did they, lol

Of course that was back in the Stone Age.   Parenting styles have changed and maybe teachers expect parents to be more involved in little projects like this. But to me, what is even the point of such an assignment if it is given knowing it won't be representative of the child's abilities? It's like they are being graded on family participation, which is not only meaningless but also unfair.

• Love 11

You make a good point about the “like this”. The ones I was thinking of (also in the Stone Age) were more like “cook dinner for your family” at a young enough age that people would object if the parents weren’t involved, for potential safety reasons.

Stuff like building castles out of sugar cubes (or whatever those are) were still meant to be done ourselves. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I remember it always being emphasized that we do our projects ourselves, lest we be graded down.

If I remember correctly (since I have to use the wayback machine to go back to the last century) we were expected to do our own work without any parental assistance.

..a tiny bear skin rug cut from the sherpa lining of my sister's coat! Boy was she pissed!

Hee!

...boy howdy...

Longmire?

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

Stuff like building castles out of sugar cubes (or whatever those are) were still meant to be done ourselves. 

9 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought maybe they were croutons, lol

The first thing that popped into my head was rice krispies that had been dragged over Janelle's floor.

...I'm going to hell...bags are packed...

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

The first thing that popped into my head was rice krispies that had been dragged over Janelle's floor.

...I'm going to hell...bags are packed...

I'll bet you're right (about them being rice krispy treats). You're probably right about them having been dragged over her floor. :D

Save me a seat next to you! I don't want to ride to hell alone.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

My first thought was rice krispy treats, too!

I feel like Kody is starting to channel Mitch from A Mighty Wind.  (Of course, Kody only wishes he had Mitch's hairline.)

Mitch.jpg

I love that movie!  Mockumentaries like this are among my favorites.

Damn, did Robyn actually make rice krispy treats, or were they store-bought?  Dear King Sol can't be past kindergarten, can he?

Kody really looks like AARP material here.  Mr. Xword and I have been members for years, but the plyg lifestyle he touts really has aged him, not to mention certain wives (like all of them LOL.)  Either TLC is purposely endorsing these dickwad plygs, or they are making their lives look as shitty as I can imagine they are.  You make the call. 

• Love 1

Please forgive me if you choose to read this...

Robyn is only sitting on the end of the sofa in this latest episode where her feet are visible, to show off, what we called "hooker shoes" or "Robert Redford, come fuck me pumps" back in the day.

Just an observation from an old lady, that watches way too much TV.

• Love 5

Oh you all, stop ... those blocks are not made of rice crispy treats! Lol they are not croutons, either. I don't know what they are. They actually look like a tiny version of those pressed sawdust bricks you can put in the fireplace. But those are hard as a rock. No way can you stick a toothpick in one of those things.

Lots of people have asked Robyn what the blocks are made of but she has not responded yet. I can't find anything that looks like them on Amazon. Hell, maybe they are rice crispy treats. Who knows!

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Oh you all, stop ... those blocks are not made of rice crispy treats! Lol they are not croutons, either. I don't know what they are. They actually look like a tiny version of those pressed sawdust bricks you can put in the fireplace. But those are hard as a rock. No way can you stick a toothpick in one of those things.

Lots of people have asked Robyn what the blocks are made of but she has not responded yet. I can't find anything that looks like them on Amazon. Hell, maybe they are rice crispy treats. Who knows!

It may be some of Christine's leftover Mock Tapioca Puddingk.

25 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Please forgive me if you choose to read this...

Robyn is only sitting on the end of the sofa in this latest episode where her feet are visible, to show off, what we called "hooker shoes" or "Robert Redford, come fuck me pumps" back in the day.

Just an observation from an old lady, that watches way too much TV.

Didn't notice Robyn's shoes, sorry I missed them.  

Could we classify Meri's footwear as the defeated strong woman gladiator look.

• Love 4

Solomon can't be older than preschool, MAYBE kindergarten age.  Maybe he is loving on the Jessop kids because he wants to be part of that group.  ICK.  Aren't they part of Warren Jeff's tribe?  Or is it the Kingston tribe?

55 minutes ago, CassinaFaye said:

Solomon can't be older than preschool, MAYBE kindergarten age.  Maybe he is loving on the Jessop kids because he wants to be part of that group.  ICK.  Aren't they part of Warren Jeff's tribe?  Or is it the Kingston tribe?

If memory serves Sol was born in October 2011, so he's six now. First grade I think?