Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

David may now be bound to TLC, but he wasn't when Christine met him.  After all these years, she can't be ignorant of the consequences of a TLC contract so if he's onboard with that then he loses points from me.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I have no way of knowing this, but from the way Christine has handled her breakup with douchebag Kootie, it seems to me she has been in therapy.  She let him make a jackass of himself on camera, and just let him rant and rave.  No arguing with the idiot, she just let him look like the damned fool he really is (and probably has been, since "day one.")

I hope the newish relationship gives her what she's been missing, and that she continues to be in therapy (if my hunch is right.)  

I agree with this. She just sat quietly and let him show what an a$$ he really is. She must have been practicing that with someone, probably a (non-Nancy) therapist. Yes, she has a way to go still, but she does seem to be working on getting past her awful past. 

• Like 11
  • Love 4

Whether Christine's making the right choice for herself or not, that does not mean that David is any type of fame whore. Christine wants to enjoy life to the fullest, and if that means taking selfies with him while skipping in the park, then so be it. 

Everyone's timeframe regarding relationships is different. Her life, her decision.

• Like 14
  • Applause 10

I don't think David is necessarily a bad guy or a famewhore.  He may be, I don't really know.  I just question whether he's the guy for her in general or whether she's far enough along in her readiness to be able to pick the right man for her.  Even if she is in therapy already I still don't think she's there yet based on what I've seen from her so far.  Unfortunately even with therapy I think it's going to take at least a couple of years yet until she is.  I don't mind that she's involved with him, but like others have said I wish she would have put marriage off for a while longer just to be sure.

• Like 4
21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

do wish she wasn’t MARRYING (or living with) him. Just date him at least until Truely is grown- if she still wants to marry him in 6-7yrs, the relationship will have stood the test of time. 

It seems to me that you aren’t so much concerned with seven years being the magic number for Christine, as you are for it being the time when Truely might move out.  If Truely were 10, would your number be 9? If Truely were 16, would your number be 3? 

Having been a step-daughter of an alcoholic from the age of 5, I get where you are coming from.  My siblings and I would have been emotionally and mentally much better off if my mom had waited to get re-married. Especially since she’d only known my step-dad 3 months on their wedding day. 

David’s kids seem pretty happy with him as a parent( my step-siblings weren’t that lucky), so I don’t feel extremely concerned about Truely and him.  

I just think Christine should have dated him for longer first because she’d never dated in her life.  What she and Kody did before living together wasn’t dating. She has no clue about healthy relationships and doesn’t even know what SHE wants from life.  That was one issue with my mom.  Married the first time at 18, divorced at 24 with three kids.  She didn’t discover herself before marrying again. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 9
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

Whether Christine's making the right choice for herself or not, that does not mean that David is any type of fame whore. Christine wants to enjoy life to the fullest, and if that means taking selfies with him while skipping in the park, then so be it. 

Everyone's timeframe regarding relationships is different. Her life, her decision.

I also believe k that the timeline of their relationship was a bit longer than her social medial suggests.Add to that he show is 1-2 years behind in real life, so Christine was living in Utah for over a year I think before David was introduced on her social media.

To me,  Christine was basically single once they moved to Flagstaff.  Kody pretty much was spending all his time at Robyn's at that point. I agree that she did not have much dating experience but it was obvious she was working with a therapist when we watched her with Kody during seasons 16 and  17- how she did not engage every time he lobbed a ridiculous accusation or told an out right lie (how she did not try with Robyn, etc.).  Taking all that into consideration she really has been on her own for a longer time than when she decided to divorce Kody.

I hope it works out for her, she seems happy and living her best life. 

• Like 19
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

It seems to me that you aren’t so much concerned with seven years being the magic number for Christine, as you are for it being the time when Truely might move out.  If Truely were 10, would your number be 9? If Truely were 16, would your number be 3? 

Having been a step-daughter of an alcoholic from the age of 5, I get where you are coming from.  My siblings and I would have been emotionally and mentally much better off if my mom had waited to get re-married. Especially since she’d only known my step-dad 3 months on their wedding day. 

David’s kids seem pretty happy with him as a parent( my step-siblings weren’t that lucky), so I don’t feel extremely concerned about Truely and him.  

I just think Christine should have dated him for longer first because she’d never dated in her life.  What she and Kody did before living together wasn’t dating. She has no clue about healthy relationships and doesn’t even know what SHE wants from life.  That was one issue with my mom.  Married the first time at 18, divorced at 24 with three kids.  She didn’t discover herself before marrying again. 

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. 

Yes- my number comes from the age Truely has the option to be out of the home and living somewhere else (Christine has had all her kids leave at 18, so I assume Truely would be expected to do the same).

For the record I’m not assuming David is a predator or anything like that (although that’s a concern for any parent bringing someone new into their kid’s life), but Truely didn’t choose him, why make her live with him because Christine just wants to get married RIGHT NOW. That’s a lot more upheaval for her. Nothing wrong with Christine having a boyfriend (she’s an adult woman with emotional and sexual needs) but I’m of the mind there’s no need to impact Truely’s day to day life to meet those needs. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 8/13/2023 at 12:25 PM, Scarlett45 said:

No I get that. And I understand, people have to do what’s right for them. 

I was more coming from along the lines that she NOT try to replicate the legal rights of a spouse and bring another adult into her household with her minor child; and keep him for companionship and partnered sex until she no longer as to consider the needs of a dependent. 

Most of the legal reasons we married had nothing to do with having a dependent. That’s my point. I think Christine is well aware of what you lose if you aren’t a legal spouse. I can see her not wanting to forego that for seven years. Especially since COVID, when we are all more aware of our own mortality, it’s important to think about those sorts of things.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1

The problem with therapy is that therapists tend to encourage people who've repressed and stifled their feelings and parts of themselves to feel free to express those things more, but that can work against them when aired in a public forum or situation.  I've known a couple of people who've taken this encouragement a bit too far and have made comments in public situations or posts on social media dissing their ex's and otherwise acting out, and have lost jobs and damaged their public image by doing that.  A person who is still in the middle of processing all their issues in therapy is sometimes not in the right place to make big life decisions like marriage either.  I hate to say it but in some ways Christine is reminding me of Valerie Bertinelli in that she is obviously doing stuff publicly online to get her ex's goat.  At least Valerie is not engaged or even close, though.  I think it's great that Christine is seeking help but if she's engaging in juvenile behavior online she's nowhere near being ready to make the life decision to get married again. 

Once when I was in therapy my wise therapist told me it was never a good idea to make any life altering decisions while in a state of crisis or while still in the throes of processing one's big issues.  I wonder if Christine is even listening to her own therapist.  I know most therapists would encourage someone like her to learn to be on her own with herself for a while before she jumped into being with someone else.  I don't get the sense that she let enough time pass before she got involved with this guy and that's of concern to me.  Just because someone's in therapy doesn't mean they're seeing a good therapist or that if they are, they're listening to their therapist.  The few times I saw this bunch meeting with a therapist on the show my eyes rolled to be honest.  It was like the therapist was saying what they wanted to hear, not what would help them the most.  So I don't even know if I trust Christine or any of them to see a really good therapist.

• Like 7
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Truely didn’t choose him, why make her live with him because Christine just wants to get married RIGHT NOW. That’s a lot more upheaval for her. Nothing wrong with Christine having a boyfriend (she’s an adult woman with emotional and sexual needs) but I’m of the mind there’s no need to impact Truely’s day to day life to meet those needs. 

From what we can gather via the media, etc...I'd say that David gives Truely WAY more love & attention than her own father has from the day she was born...when Kody was too busy with his new prize possession, as well as his new prince & princess shortly thereafter.

IMO, the only impact David has and will continue to have on Truely's life is a positive impact. And she'll finally have a father figure who will give her his undivided attention that she has been lacking for most of her young life.

• Like 13
  • Love 3

Keeping in mind Christine has not been “married” for quite some time in her mind, I think she’s probably fine. The last episode aired was from 2021, she was done long before that.  “Look at the mountain”, where she told Meri she couldn’t do marriage with Kody anymore, was season 15. She was preparing long before she said that out loud, IMO. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 3
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Once when I was in therapy my wise therapist told me it was never a good idea to make any life altering decisions while in a state of crisis or while still in the throes of processing one's big issues. 

I will admit that I laughed out loud when I read this.  This is the exact point that Meri was trying to make with Christine during the now infamous "Just Look at the Mountain" moment.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Keeping in mind Christine has not been “married” for quite some time in her mind, I think she’s probably fine. The last episode aired was from 2021, she was done long before that.  “Look at the mountain”, where she told Meri she couldn’t do marriage with Kody anymore, was season 15. She was preparing long before she said that out loud, IMO. 

I know I've made this point a few times already so I'll just say it once more and shut up.  In my opinion, just the fact of that much time passing is not in and of itself evidence that Christine is ready to move on from her feelings and baggage from Kody or the family.  What she is doing online right now in the present is evidence to me that she has a ways to go yet before she is ready to get married and that whatever time has passed or therapy she has gotten has not gotten her to the point of being ready.  If she were ready she would not be engaging in public posts obviously designed to get her ex's goat like an immature high school teenager.  She would be way beyond that kind of reactive behavior and just happy about her own life without him living in her head rent free.  Just my opinion based on years of therapy, reading about therapy, observing friends and famous people in therapy after divorces, dating people that were still harboring grudges and other vindictiveness against an ex, and getting a graduate degree in Counseling Psychology.  YMMV.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
2 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

If she were ready she would not be engaging in public posts obviously designed to get her ex's goat like an immature high school teenager. 

But that IS her level of maturity - an immature high school teenager.  I bet she has a notebook where she practiced writing her married name  and draws hearts all around their intials.

It does appear that David has a good relationship with Truley which is nice to see.  His kids are all grown and if he enjoyed fatherhood this is a second chance for it.  But if he had any forbearance he would demand that it stay off screen and off of SM.

• Like 12
2 minutes ago, Orcinus orca said:

But that IS her level of maturity - an immature high school teenager.  I bet she has a notebook where she practiced writing her married name  and draws hearts all around their intials.

You know, you're right, her level of maturity in general is low so she has more issues to resolve than just her feelings about her relationship with Kody, and that's even worse because if she didn't grow up enough when she was younger it's awfully hard to catch up with that that in middle age.  And even with a great therapist, therapy is only as good as the client makes it.  If she has that much ground to make up it might not be so successful.  I wish her luck but I still worry about her future with this relationship.  Even if he was the greatest man ever she might still have problems with it because of her own immaturity.

• Like 8

Christine is posting for a few reasons. Some are:  engagement of followers, to sell crap, and to keep interest in the show. I don’t think she’s posting to get back at Kody.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 15
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, GleamingMist said:

I listened to a podcast with Christine ages ago and she mentioned she had counseling and hypnotherapy that helped her deal with Kodys shit during the divorce.

I was so impressed with her self control.  Good for her!

• Like 12
3 hours ago, Roslyn said:

I will admit that I laughed out loud when I read this.  This is the exact point that Meri was trying to make with Christine during the now infamous "Just Look at the Mountain" moment.

That is interesting you perceived it that way.  How I always interpreted that moment as Christine look at the mountain and remember why we moved here. Based on Meri's previous conversation on an early season where Christine was talking to her about Kody Meri basically told her that the problems were Christine's fault and she should keep sweet. When Meri told her to look at the mountain to me it wasn't take a deep breath and pause, but remember the mountain and the angels singing. 

Either way, Christine said in the Tell All that Meri telling her to look at the mountain was the moment she knew it was over and she was going to leave Kody.  So maybe it was a moment of clarity and calming down and seeing things in a way she had not and Meri inadvertently brought her to the moment of clarity about her life and marriage. 

• Like 12

I know some of my fellow posters have mixed feelings about David's intentions toward Christine. Is it true love or is he mainly after fame and the opportunities it could bring?

It could be, he wouldn't be the first, but... it could be as simple and genuine as someone falling desperately in love with someone who brings a shitload of baggage and/or a way of living that will immensely impact your own if you follow your heart. Think of people who fall in love with people from another country, or those with jobs whichhave a huge impact on your future (married) lives.

It could well be that all this exposure is not his (first) choice, but it comes with being with the woman he loves and he seems ok with that. Also, like someone else pointed out: It's mainly Christine who constantly throws pictures and news of them all over the internet. 

Whether his intentions are true or not...only future will tell. For now, I am giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

• Like 22
23 hours ago, zamp33 said:

That is interesting you perceived it that way.  How I always interpreted that moment as Christine look at the mountain and remember why we moved here. Based on Meri's previous conversation on an early season where Christine was talking to her about Kody Meri basically told her that the problems were Christine's fault and she should keep sweet. When Meri told her to look at the mountain to me it wasn't take a deep breath and pause, but remember the mountain and the angels singing. 

Either way, Christine said in the Tell All that Meri telling her to look at the mountain was the moment she knew it was over and she was going to leave Kody.  So maybe it was a moment of clarity and calming down and seeing things in a way she had not and Meri inadvertently brought her to the moment of clarity about her life and marriage. 

That older conversation between Meri and Christine, when Meri was laid up in bed with her knee injury, is talked about a lot. In my opinion Meri was being quite honest with her advise. Kody hates emotions being piled on him. He has accused Meri of "burdening" him with her emotions and when Meri told Christine to keep it light with Kody, don't weigh him down with your emotions and "you can only change you, you can't change him" (paraphrasing the quote) she was spot on with how to deal with Kody.  Sadly that makes a fake relationship and Christine was pissy because she wants a REAL relationship, even though she is sharing Kody with others. Aways later Meri told Christine she was sorry for her advise, but I think she really did get it right with Kody.  The way to please Kody is to fake it when he is there. Which is a great reason to argue against polygamy.

As for the "Look and the Mountain" scene...it was really two fold. Meri telling Christine to think of the angels singing and look at the mountain, to basically remind yourself why everyone packed up and got the hell out of Dodge and suck it up (again) for the whole family.  Individuals don't seem to count in the Brown Family...beyond Kody and anyone that Kody shows favor to. But...Meri kept pushing that since Christine is in pain...she needs to not make any decisions...to look at the mountain and remember why they are (supposed to be) there. In my opinion...Meri really delivered it poorly, but she was trying to tell Christine to not make any decisions about leaving while she was hurting so much (the in crisis part), which is the parallel I made with Yeah No's post.

• Like 11
  • Useful 3

Anyone who would take relationship advice from Meri, seriously needs their head examined.  

Meri may be content begging Kody for the smallest scrap of attention but to suggest to Christine that she just hang on (for what - how many more years of incredible disappointment and heartache should she have stayed for??) was horrible advice.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 6
On 8/15/2023 at 4:45 PM, LilyD said:

It could well be that all this exposure is not his (first) choice, but it comes with being with the woman he loves and he seems ok with that. Also, like someone else pointed out: It's mainly Christine who constantly throws pictures and news of them all over the internet. 

He created a separate account specifically for social media engagement right before their "dating" announcement. Why vomit hashtags if he doesn't want to?

And we will never know if Christine is truly happy. She's very skilled at saying what she thinks people want to hear. They've all been doing that for a decade.

Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 9.47.40 PM.png

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
17 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

He created a separate account specifically for social media engagement right before their "dating" announcement. Why vomit hashtags if he doesn't want to?

And we will never know if Christine is truly happy. She's very skilled at saying what she thinks people want to hear. They've all been doing that for a decade.

Screen Shot 2023-08-19 at 9.47.40 PM.png

Because it keeps people away from his "real" private account? Anyone she dated was going to be investigated by fans on social media, fans were going to be looking for information on her new man. Give the people what they want and they will spend less time speculating and trying to dig up info and using his kids social media to find out about him.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 7
14 minutes ago, OldWiseOne said:

Because it keeps people away from his "real" private account? Anyone she dated was going to be investigated by fans on social media, fans were going to be looking for information on her new man. Give the people what they want and they will spend less time speculating and trying to dig up info and using his kids social media to find out about him.

Well that would make sense if his original personal account was set on private. It was not. He was not a social media guy before and barely anything was on the personal account. Four pics top just a few followers (family).

He just switched it over to his name so he could be MORE easily found. He has 66K followers and hashtags #christinebrown on almost every post.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1
6 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Well that would make sense if his original personal account was set on private. It was not. He was not a social media guy before and barely anything was on the personal account. Four pics top just a few followers (family).

He just switched it over to his name so he could be MORE easily found. He has 66K followers and hashtags #christinebrown on almost every post.

He had no reason for his original account to be private, he wasn't a public figure or dating a public figure at the time. Makes complete sense to me that he would start a new account with his full proper name and tag Christine. He is part of her #brand and she makes $$ by talking about her life on social media and then selling followers pink drink. If he loves and wants to support her, then this is exactly the way to go. For all we know, he doesn't even run the account himself. Obviously at least 66K people want the content.

• Like 16

Christine is a grifter making money off social media and public attention. It makes sense that she would only date someone who is also willing to participate in the social media attention grab. It probably was discussed on their first date. 

Birds of a feather fame whore together.

• Like 5
  • Applause 5

I don't know anything about David, but I hope he thought seriously about what he's getting into.  As he's older I'll have to assume that he has.

Christine needs to grow up and stop shooting "gotchas" in Kootie's direction. Either she's in love with David and over Kootie, or she's not.  Either way,  as a human being David deserves better.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
every SINGLE time...
  • Like 13
  • Applause 7

I keep reading about how awful it is that Christine is a greedy, grifting grifter. This is how she makes money and she needs to strike while the iron is hot. This grifty gravy train is coming to a stop probably sooner than later and she needs to get as much as she can. It's not like she's stealing. All the money is being freely given to her. She didn't "demand" sponsors for her wedding. Just because I read about it, doesn't mean I'm now forced to open up my wallet and send money. Everyone who is signing up to any of her opportunities, and that's what they are, is doing it out of their own free will. I can't be mad at her. She asked for money for her daughter's surgery? I would too if I felt that was the best option for getting my daughter better. Nobody was obligated to send her any. Maybe she wasn't in control of any of the show funds at that time. I don't even watch the show anymore because I can't stand it, but I follow them here and on other forums and still have not contributed to any subscription, MLM, etc... 

• Like 13
  • Applause 9
1 hour ago, HoneyBeach said:

I keep reading about how awful it is that Christine is a greedy, grifting grifter. This is how she makes money and she needs to strike while the iron is hot. This grifty gravy train is coming to a stop probably sooner than later and she needs to get as much as she can. It's not like she's stealing. All the money is being freely given to her. She didn't "demand" sponsors for her wedding. Just because I read about it, doesn't mean I'm now forced to open up my wallet and send money. Everyone who is signing up to any of her opportunities, and that's what they are, is doing it out of their own free will. I can't be mad at her. She asked for money for her daughter's surgery? I would too if I felt that was the best option for getting my daughter better. Nobody was obligated to send her any. Maybe she wasn't in control of any of the show funds at that time. I don't even watch the show anymore because I can't stand it, but I follow them here and on other forums and still have not contributed to any subscription, MLM, etc... 

Personally, I find mlm's an awful way to earn a living...but in the culture Meri, Janelle, Christine and Kody were raised in it's perfectly acceptable. 

Even before they had the recognition of the show, they were engaged with various "opportunities" such as magic water and Janelle had her food storage pantry items.

As far as I know, Robyn is the only one that hasn't participated.  Maybe she was hoping to parlay MSWC into an MLM with her reigning supreme at the top of the pyramid.😅

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Personally, I find mlm's an awful way to earn a living...but in the culture Meri, Janelle, Christine and Kody were raised in it's perfectly acceptable. 

Even before they had the recognition of the show, they were engaged with various "opportunities" such as magic water and Janelle had her food storage pantry items.

As far as I know, Robyn is the only one that hasn't participated.  Maybe she was hoping to parlay MSWC into an MLM with her reigning supreme at the top of the pyramid.😅

I don't think that Robyn even has the minimal amount of drive or charisma it takes to sell in a MLM lol

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
On 8/24/2023 at 11:54 AM, HoneyBeach said:

Agree 100%!

I can’t fault her hustle. Good for her. 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

Agree 100%!

I can’t fault her hustle. Good for her. 

True.  Just because I don't believe in or support MLM's, because IMO they are predatory and overpriced compared to other sources, doesn't mean that everyone agrees with me.  If people want to spend their own money for that stuff, it's up to them.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2023 at 10:23 AM, Sandy W said:

“Queen Turd of Poop Pyramid”   💩

*curtsy* 

• LOL 5
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2AA69355-55F9-4A16-AB8D-C20FCCDAB346.jpeg

2E99DF89-CBBC-4DEF-AE53-84D9542B9457.jpeg

E04F4F70-1B68-49C6-A10C-B28B38595709.jpeg

These kinds if activities serve to point out just what a loser Kody really is.  He could have rotated wives and their offspring to spend real quality time together.

Instead, he chose to immerse himself in the lives of Robyn and her mostly neurotic children at the risk of alienating the rest of his family.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

I didn't even recognize Aspyn in those photos ⬆️. Is it just the darker hair and eyebrows?

image.png.d1f5da8796fd63cf94f653cc10914e84.png

She looks the same to me. Just older and different makeup. From what I know of her hair color, it probably changes a lot based on sun exposure and lighting. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

She looks the same to me. Just older and different makeup. From what I know of her hair color, it probably changes a lot based on sun exposure and lighting. 

And the fact they were in the rain.

• Like 6

I have no problem with Christine striking while the iron is hot even if I think some of what she is hawking is unethical.  As stated, no one is forced to buy anything she is selling.  I do however take issue with her asking for wedding sponsors.  No matter who did that, I would think it was tacky.  Pay for your own wedding and have the wedding you can afford.  You will be married at the end either way.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I have no problem with Christine striking while the iron is hot even if I think some of what she is hawking is unethical.  As stated, no one is forced to buy anything she is selling.  I do however take issue with her asking for wedding sponsors.  No matter who did that, I would think it was tacky.  Pay for your own wedding and have the wedding you can afford.  You will be married at the end either way.

Totally agree!  IIRC, my wedding was under a grand.  (Of course, it was the 70's!)  We got a few cash gifts, but never grifted a thing.  They're grown adults with income, and they should pay for what they want.  

• Like 11
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2023 at 12:23 PM, Sandy W said:

Haha like Mary Kay and the pink cars!!

• LOL 8
22 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

You're right, it would be tacky to ask for sponsors, but "tacky" would be the least of "the things that should have been done differently" for this whole family. I'm not tech savvy enough to quickly find the wedding post, and my memory is shot,  did she ask for sponsors or did she ask for recommendations to local vendors? I don't remember thinking anything of it until I started reading the posts about her asking for sponsors.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, HoneyBeach said:

You're right, it would be tacky to ask for sponsors, but "tacky" would be the least of "the things that should have been done differently" for this whole family. I'm not tech savvy enough to quickly find the wedding post, and my memory is shot,  did she ask for sponsors or did she ask for recommendations to local vendors? I don't remember thinking anything of it until I started reading the posts about her asking for sponsors.

Here you go:

08C6B1B7-DDF3-4118-BF6A-0638B9E04E50.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here you go:

Thank you so much ginger90. I guess it depends on how you take it. I never thought she was asking for freebies, I thought she was asking for local wedding vendors who she could hire. Now, I don't doubt she'd take freebies or discounts, but I don't see her post as her asking.

It may seem like I'm a Christine fan, I'm not a "fan" of any particular wife, especially Robyn, definitely not a fan. I just feel proud of Christine for finally breaking free, however she finally came to it or whatever it took, she did it. She took a huge, scary, step that went against everything she's been raised to believe and was life changing. She's the last one I would have expected to cut and run at the beginning of the series, so I can't help being happy for her and hope Janelle and Meri are much happier as well.

• Like 13
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here you go:

I don’t see anything wrong with Christine getting a vendor discount in exchange for featuring them on social media- so long as she discloses as required by the FTC. Good for her social media (as it’s a business) and would create so much online traffic and attention for each vendor. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t see anything wrong with Christine getting a vendor discount in exchange for featuring them on social media- so long as she discloses as required by the FTC. Good for her social media (as it’s a business) and would create so much online traffic and attention for each vendor. 

Her post kind of implies that she is looking for discounts or handouts.  

If she had stated something like...so many arrangements to make, venue, catering, gown etc and local vendors voluntarily came forward I would see a mutually beneficial tradeoff.

• Like 10
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Her post kind of implies that she is looking for discounts or handouts.  

If she had stated something like...so many arrangements to make, venue, catering, gown etc and local vendors voluntarily came forward I would see a mutually beneficial tradeoff.

1 hour ago, Orcinus orca said:

I read it as grifting for freebies. If it was anything else she would have asked for recommendations.

I see where you guys are coming from, I guess I know nothing is free in this world, if she didn't pay cash, she would have to agree to advertise for them on her socials (a quid pro quo). But she MUST disclose that, morally and by FTC guidelines.

• Like 6