Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

I think people would watch a dating show with Christine, but I personally don’t care about her dating life.  Honestly, I think for me Christine was pretty tolerable on Sister Wives because I was always comparing her to Kody, Robyn, and Meri. I also felt bad because it seemed like her kids got shafted a lot of the time.  However, there were times she was overly dramatic and really irritating to me, so I’d probably have a harder time watching a show where she is the main focus.  

• Like 15
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I’d anticipate a lot of breath talk and gushing about how she’s only ever dated one man, doesn’t know how to navigate dating, acting shocked, setting her up with some ethnicities and lifestyles that are far from AUB types, no real intention of finding Mr Right. Christine is dramatic and knows how to put on a show. She may get a season or two of a starting over dating show. 

Meri - she can’t string a convo together or answer anything directly, and she’s smug or defensive. No show for her that anyone will watch. 

Janelle is steady but boring. Maybe a fun side bar to Christine’s show, but not enough to carry her own.

Nobody wants to watch just Robyn and Kody unless they start looking for another victim and that victim ends up playing them for fools. I can’t imagine what it would take for them to redeem themselves with the hole they’ve dug. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Right there with you. What self-respecting man wants to have his every move documented whilst listening to the whispery voice simpering about dating at 50.

Hard pass on watching any of that.

Yeah. If she finds a guy ready to have their fledgling relationship documented on a TLC reality TV series, she is probably going to end up with something not that different from that which she just fled — maybe not a polygamist, but an attention vampire? Probably.

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well, if Kootie is done with 3 out of 4 wives, why shouldn't we be done, too?

I have no interest in the Kootie and Sobbyn show.  

1 hour ago, nosedive said:

Yes, Christine, I have some advice. Thanks for asking. Don't post every jot or tittle of your personal life on social media. 1. It will attract the wrong kind of guy and scare off the right kind and 2. Nobody cares.  Hope this helps.  Happy to oblige.

I totally agree.  Social Media has become a gigantic PITA.

• Like 18
  • Love 1
On 12/31/2022 at 9:01 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Meri wouldn't let the kids cross through her space to get back and forth between Janelle's and Christine's homes when they lived in Lehi (to be honest, I'm not sure I would have cared for that either). So I don't know if it was that it was because they don't get along or that she just doesn't want anyone else (not her own kid) in her house.  Maybe it's both. This is Meri we are talking about, after all.

I wonder if she ever regrets being such a hardass about everything with the kids now that she is so isolated.  She could have had them gathering around her the way Christine does.  She always talked about having everyone at her house (to enjoy pastries on the wetbar, lol) but she did so little to actually encourage it.  Looking back, it now seems rather insincere. 

What I want to know, is WHY didn't Kody make it so Janelle and Christine didn't have to go outside to get into each others homes? Like cut a door in a wall?  Enclose the outside path? Nah, let's just leave it a bad situation.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
46 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I would watch it.  Especially if there was a scene of her stopping at a gas station for full serve and telling new employee Robyn not to scratch her car.

While Kody brings her some cheese nachos.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 22
On 12/31/2022 at 9:01 AM, Celia Rubenstein said:

Meri wouldn't let the kids cross through her space to get back and forth between Janelle's and Christine's homes when they lived in Lehi (to be honest, I'm not sure I would have cared for that either). So I don't know if it was that it was because they don't get along or that she just doesn't want anyone else (not her own kid) in her house.  Maybe it's both. This is Meri we are talking about, after all.

I wonder if she ever regrets being such a hardass about everything with the kids now that she is so isolated.  She could have had them gathering around her the way Christine does.  She always talked about having everyone at her house (to enjoy pastries on the wetbar, lol) but she did so little to actually encourage it.  Looking back, it now seems rather insincere. 

Maybe if Meri ever thought beyond her own preference she might have wondered if Christine who already had 5-6 kids of her own wanted Meri’s kid plunked at her dinner table on a regular basis.

IIRC Christine let Leon have dinner at her table with the other kids because Christine is nice that way but Meri didn’t want kids walking through her suite so they can just walk outside in the cold rather than bother Queen Meri by walking through her suite.

Leon wasn’t the nicest kid to be around and I’m sure Christine would have liked a break from all the kids at her place sometimes.

HBIC Meri was so selfish and petty.

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

What I want to know, is WHY didn't Kody make it so Janelle and Christine didn't have to go outside to get into each others homes? Like cut a door in a wall?  Enclose the outside path? Nah, let's just leave it a bad situation.  

Right? Couldn’t Kody at least have built a covered paved pathway so that the kids would be somewhat protected in bad weather? Or Kody could’ve decreed that the kids would be permitted once a day to go back at forth thru Meri’s at set times?

It seems thatMeri wanted it both ways—to be listened to and respected as a “bonus mom” but not the inconvenience, noise, mess, etc. of actually being a mother to all of those kids.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Adiba said:

Right? Couldn’t Kody at least have built a covered paved pathway so that the kids would be somewhat protected in bad weather? Or Kody could’ve decreed that the kids would be permitted once a day to go back at forth thru Meri’s at set times?

It seems thatMeri wanted it both ways—to be listened to and respected as a “bonus mom” but not the inconvenience, noise, mess, etc. of actually being a mother to all of those kids.

Kody should have stepped in as the “head” of the family and set some standards so Meri wouldn’t have kids in and out if her suite 10 times a day but still allow for reasonable use by the kids, like you said… allowing them access to walk through Meri’s suite a couple times a day, no roughhousing, screaming, running etc… just walk through quietly.

Problem is he never cared enough about any of the original wives to bother he also let Meri bully Janelle and Christine and now says that he should have nipped that in the bud.

I think he enjoyed the original wives jealously fighting with each other over him.

Kody only began to “care” when Robyn came along and he’s made sure to step in and protect Robyn from any inconvenience by the other wives or kids.

• Like 7
  • Applause 8
  • Love 1
36 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think he enjoyed the original wives jealously fighting with each other over him

Definitely. That's why we've had to hear a thirty year old kitchen story about six billion times.

2 hours ago, Adiba said:

I often wonder what the set up was prior to Lehi. (and prior to Janelle living separately for two years). Janelle, Meri and Kody shared a house and Christine had an apartment next door. I am imagining those kids trashing both places. 

I can see a case for not wanting the kids to be allowed in my space untethered. Even in Vegas, Janelle and Christine's stuff was torn apart. Meri did say that her "off limits" thing wasn't all the time- but whatever the rules, it upset Janelle.

But An easy arrangement could have been made. The kids are supervised going from one house to another. There is a schedule. There is a canopy out back that connects the five feet between Christine's door and Janelles. Something.

But no, Kody and his wives let all this fester - for decades. 

Idk - If I were forced to live polygamy I'd want my own separate house (preferably far away). None of this "one house/one family" crap.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Definitely. That's why we've had to hear a thirty year old kitchen story about six billion times.

I often wonder what the set up was prior to Lehi. (and prior to Janelle living separately for two years). Janelle, Meri and Kody shared a house and Christine had an apartment next door. I am imagining those kids trashing both places. 

I can see a case for not wanting the kids to be allowed in my space untethered. Even in Vegas, Janelle and Christine's stuff was torn apart. Meri did say that her "off limits" thing wasn't all the time- but whatever the rules, it upset Janelle.

But An easy arrangement could have been made. The kids are supervised going from one house to another. There is a schedule. There is a canopy out back that connects the five feet between Christine's door and Janelles. Something.

But no, Kody and his wives let all this fester - for decades. 

Idk - If I were forced to live polygamy I'd want my own separate house (preferably far away). None of this "one house/one family" crap.

Ya it’s shocking that with all those adults they couldn’t solve something as simple as access between the living areas without it festering for years and still being a bone of contention all these years later.

I think part of the problem is that none of them just speak the truth and face the issues head on, there’s a whole lot of double talk, walls going up and complaints of certain conversations not being “safe”. 🙄

maybe it’s just me but I’d never heard of such ridiculous shit until I started watching the Browns and it only got worse with the addition of Nancy the supposed therapist.

• Like 16
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, Adiba said:

It seems that Meri wanted it both ways—to be listened to and respected as a “bonus mom” but not the inconvenience, noise, mess, etc. of actually being a mother to all of those kids.

Perfect.  I think she assumed that as the legal first wife of Big Daddy Kody, respect and authority was part of her title.  And when she saw that Kody wasn't stopping her reign of terror, she went on doing it.

I also think that Kody 100% let Meri run unchecked because if there was drama amongst his wives, the focus was off of him and he could pop on his sun visor and jump into his convertible any time he wanted and leave the drama behind.  He wanted the wives, he just didn't want their silly messy fillings.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

Is no one curious enough to look up her online dating profile?  I mean she has to have a picture up and some content.  

Someone more computer-able than I am, would have to do that.  I'm too technologically impaired to try.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 1/31/2023 at 12:26 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Ya it’s shocking that with all those adults they couldn’t solve something as simple as access between the living areas without it festering for years and still being a bone of contention all these years later.

I think part of the problem is that none of them just speak the truth and face the issues head on, there’s a whole lot of double talk, walls going up and complaints of certain conversations not being “safe”. 🙄

maybe it’s just me but I’d never heard of such ridiculous shit until I started watching the Browns and it only got worse with the addition of Nancy the supposed therapist.

ALSO - I assume Meri wanted the middle unit because it was the best one, right? Cuz to my mind the easiest fix would be for merit o be top or bottom so that J and C kids could freely move between the 2 units.   

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

An enclosed deck between Janelle and Christine's units would have resolved the issue of passage between their units. 

But then, more for Meri to bitch about, lack of sunlight and pointless to open her window for fresh air.

• LOL 6
31 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Meri was in the top unit.  Christine was under her.  Janelle was in the two story unit.  

Ok, terminology was wrong but my point holds - she was the connection  between the 2 other units  - both opened into her but not each other, so if she took one of the other units there wouldn't have been through traffic 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
Just now, ginger90 said:

Christine is “exclusively” dating a man. She says he’s romantic, blah, blah, blah, and he’s “great with Truely “.

He's been around long enough to meet Truly? Wow, that seems quick.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Ok, terminology was wrong but my point holds - she was the connection  between the 2 other units  - both opened into her but not each other, so if she took one of the other units there wouldn't have been through traffic 

I thought Meri’s unit was the smallest, so she got it because she had only one child. 

I think I am over this show, and ready for an update where-are-they-now type show every year or so.  I am also over Jazz and her mother, too. 
I do hope to see on social media whether they can unload coyote pass and whether they can afford to keep Robyn in her ugly big house. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
22 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Christine is “exclusively” dating a man. She says he’s romantic, blah, blah, blah, and he’s, “great with Truely “.

Honestly, I don't want to be rude but is she really going to "share all the details" and publicly document this relationship too? Maybe its my age, but at a certain point, just live life and stop "blah blah blah" ing about these things. And I'm happy for her, but that man must have a lot of patience. Christine's personality is a lot!

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4

I was wondering who a guy behind her was in a picture from Gwen’s engagement party. Maybe it’s the mystery man.

The rags are going to be all over this. Not even knowing anything about the man, it’s not going to be pretty. I personally wouldn’t have announced shit.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 11
  • Applause 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

Since the show screws up the timeline for me…did she say how long they’ve been dating? I hope she’s not bringing Truely around people too early, but considering all these people date for 8 minutes then get married maybe their timelines are quicker.  I hope she’s happy but I don’t need a bunch of details about her relationship and so it’s fair I never wanted to hear about Kody’s and Robyn’s romance either.  I only care if Mosby and Janelle’s dog get married and that’s just so they can build a casita on Coyote Pass 😂.  

image.jpeg.58498fadc8c6709be6f4a3d79a434fb2.jpeg

eta: I wonder if this means Christine is officially “divorced” from Kody per Robyn’s instructions 🤭

Well wasn't it just like two weeks ago that she announced "I am dating" and she was asking for tips for online dating? Guess she got some good tips. lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

Christine made a bad mistake by announcing her new relationship.

Someone on reddit posted a picture of a man that they think is the guy. Posters are already making assumptions about this guy's politics based on his tee-shirt. They aren't even sure if this guy is her boyfriend and it's already starting.

If the boyfriend wasn't ready to be outed and picked apart, Christine should not have made the announcement.

It's not going to be easy for the boyfriend, whoever he is.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 14
  • Sad 3
9 minutes ago, Libby said:

Christine made a bad mistake by announcing her new relationship

Do we think this was a mistake? A few weeks ago she announced "I'm dating!" She asked for tips. Now she's announcing "I'm dating exclusively." No one is forcing her to tease these tidbits of information. It's intentional.

The more speculation and chatter the better. Engagement increases. I don't think Christine is the brightest bulb, but she knows what she's doing when it comes to TikTok and the gram.

There was simply no other reason to make such a teaser announcement - if not for attention and to encourage speculation. Heck, she watched Meri's banana photos splashed across the tabloids for years. She knows the dill.

• Like 12
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 3

Has Christine thought this out though? She may wants clicks but does she really want to go through another public break-up? Rebound lovers don't usually last. Or maybe this isn't rebound man. Maybe this is the second or 10th guy. Oh no, will she announce her engagement on V-Day? She is back in Utah so she could possibly be dating someone she's known for a long time.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Like 7

I have no desire to watch a spin-off show with Christine, or anyone from Sister Wives. But I wouldn't be surprised if this new dating thing is a bid to get a new show. Her cooking show is average at best.

I worry about how Truely is doing these days. Christine still seems to be all over the place, traveling, dating, whatever. But Truely is 12 years old and in school. Who is taking care of her while Christine is traveling and running all over the place? Truely's whole life has been turned upside down the last couple years, and now Mykelti is busy with 3 kids under the age of 2, so I assume she is no longer picking up the slack. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 4
4 minutes ago, Libby said:
He looks like a nice man to me.

Ted Bundy was a handsome and charismatic dude who went on to murder over 30 women in Florida.  Hard to tell from a photo!

2 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I have no desire to watch a spin-off show with Christine, or anyone from Sister Wives. But I wouldn't be surprised if this new dating thing is a bid to get a new show. Her cooking show is average at best.

A hard pass on watching Christine simper and play the innocent divorcee with her whispery voice.  Grow up, get a job, and pay attention to your kid who needs support right now.  Stop being so damned selfish.

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I haven't gotten the impression that Christine is being selfish. It just seems like she's living her life to me.

She's supporting herself and Truley, she's enjoying her children and grandchildren, she's dating, and she's spending time with extended family.

Most pictures that we see of Christine include Truley. Per social media, Truley is doing very well in school and is happy. I don't see any evidence that Christine is neglecting Truley in any way.

Edited by Libby
  • Like 16
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

A hard pass on watching Christine simper and play the innocent divorcee with her whispery voice.  Grow up, get a job, and pay attention to your kid who needs support right now.  Stop being so damned selfish.

Christine is still a kid herself, but no worries, Aspyn is there to steady her. 

I don't think Truely is being neglected but I do feel like Truely is just the "extra kid" who always tags or drags along. That being said, they are now exploiting that idea as they've done a number of reels with Christine purposefully being annoying and Truely coming out and rolling her eyes. It's intentional and  planned for likes and views. Whether Truely - truly enjoys this - is up for debate.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1