Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

I don't care what Christine makes.  I will watch a hundred times just to make her a success and stick it to Grody and Sobbin Robyn.  She is fun to watch.

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

She said she doesn’t eat pork but the poultry seasoning makes the beef taste like sausage. 

If she doesn't eat pork, how would she know?  Or did she ask Logan? ;)

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

She said she doesn’t eat pork but the poultry seasoning makes the beef taste like sausage. 

So to go along with the mock tapioca pudding, we have faux sausage and spinach lasagna?  Double blech.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

There was an episode years ago where Kody seemed to be trying to take up some of the Jewish laws and traditions. Is this not eating pork thing part of that? I forget exactly what he said, but I remember being annoyed. Christine said she has abandoned her church, so if she's not eating pork for biblical reasons, that's ridiculous. 

The Duggars did it too, trying to act like they had super respect for Judaism when they were on one of their trips overseas. I always thought it was offensive. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

After the carrot cake recipe, there is a link to Meri’s banana bread recipe. 🤣😂

Meri is devoid of humor,

so she wouldn't catch the irony of making banana bread. It could have been worse, she may have graduated to zucchini bread.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Meri is devoid of humor,

so she wouldn't catch the irony of making banana bread. It could have been worse, she may have graduated to zucchini bread.

Absolutely!  If it were me I'd stay as far away from bananas in any form until I was out of the public eye.  Meri has no shame, a sense of irony, or self awareness.

• Love 12

New cooking video on TLC. Chrisitne and Mykelti make dinner rolls. Lots of butter but a vast improvement over white lasagna. I would eat one. Making them into sandwiches did not appeal to me. I would rather eat one warm with a meal or soup. 

• Love 9
On 3/7/2022 at 6:21 AM, Kellyee said:

There was an episode years ago where Kody seemed to be trying to take up some of the Jewish laws and traditions. Is this not eating pork thing part of that? I forget exactly what he said, but I remember being annoyed. Christine said she has abandoned her church, so if she's not eating pork for biblical reasons, that's ridiculous. 

The Duggars did it too, trying to act like they had super respect for Judaism when they were on one of their trips overseas. I always thought it was offensive. 

I’m Jewish and studied Judaism/Hebrew in college as part of my archaeological studies—not an “expert”, but know more than the average person. I also spent time working in Israel and stayed in a kibbutz. 

There are many dietary rules and pork is one of them (won’t get into the reasoning behind the rules as it would take too long). Not consuming pork is the one everyone remembers most, but we also should not consume meat and milk together. Many observant families often have separate plates and utensils for meat meals and dairy meals. It’s actually quite difficult to observe all the dietary laws unless one is vegan—there are many other rules, too many to mention. 

While I think some of the rules are silly, it’s nice when Christian religions acknowledge the older roots of their faith. But with Kody, he’s using it for attention and his ego, not for religious observance, which annoys me. And when he tries to speak Hebrew, it hurts my ears. Normally I’d give credit for trying, but again, Kody just wants to sound educated and enlightened when he’s actually just a git.

Edited to Add: Regarding Christine, even if she’s abandoned her church, the practice of not eating pork can still hang around. She was dissatisfied with her church, not the dietary rules or traditions. 

Edited by TurtlePower
Had to correct autocorrect/additional
  • Love 17

Re Christine's Plug for Plexus...wouldn't a cup or two of coffee do the same thingk, without whatever else is in that stuff, which may be toxic?  

Now I'm wondering how many of her fawning fans are signing up to her downline.  I think it's a shame this fambly does these MLM's, knowing that most people spend more than they will earn.

• Love 17
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Re Christine's Plug for Plexus...wouldn't a cup or two of coffee do the same thingk, without whatever else is in that stuff, which may be toxic?  

Now I'm wondering how many of her fawning fans are signing up to her downline.  I think it's a shame this fambly does these MLM's, knowing that most people spend more than they will earn.

It just makes me sad that Christine is doing this . . . I think she has gotten more and more likable since she has come into her own and I’ve been trying to support her by tuning in for her cooking show each week and posting a link on my FB feed to the show each week as well.  I hope that if she is able to get more success with the cooking show or other forms of entertainment that are independent of the rest of the family, she lets the MLMs go.  It will make her more legitimate, more independent and more respected in general.  I just can’t support her MLM crap, even though I know it enabled her to leave Grody and pay for her daughter’s much needed surgery.  She just really needs to go legit if she is going to build respect in communities that don’t intersect with Mormons or polygamy.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

This is why I will continue to dislike Christine as much as her pseudo-sisterwives.  They all flaunt the rules, climb up the MLM ladder on the backs of their adoring followers without a thought about their financial struggles, declare bankruptcies when it suits them (and if you don't think that costs us money, think again), and bleed the beast.   She's as bad as the rest of them.  Not one iota of conscience in that whole tribe of grifters.

• Love 20

She sounds completely wired in that video. If she's really drinking that crap, these kinds of "energy" drinks are all LOADED with caffeine in addition to the potentially hazardous unknown ingredients (chromium for ex). See Vemma for example (another MLM). This is not the calm breath-y Christine of Cameo and the cooking show.

• Love 12

I’m rather indifferent about Christine.  She wore me out a few years ago and I never warmed up to her again.  Still, she’s not a horrible person and can be charming. She seems to have done well in her struggle with mental health, under very trying circumstances.   I can’t see me watching her cook, though I may check it out just out of curiosity.  Fad diets are on my list of pet peeves. Ugh…..I especially detest dangerous products that people consume to help their health.  But, as long as it’s legal, I can’t fault a mother for doing what she has to to support her family.  

• Love 13
16 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

She sounds completely wired in that video. If she's really drinking that crap, these kinds of "energy" drinks are all LOADED with caffeine in addition to the potentially hazardous unknown ingredients (chromium for ex). 

She zipped through 4 different Plexus products and the ones that aren't pink drinks are whey-based "meals". I was wondering how many pounds of fluids she carried around Disneyworld but apparently they come dry in packets so she would only have needed a couple of her phallic Plexus bottles to mix up her pink, energy and "meal" packets with water while on the go. You can "save" 25% by signing up for a "VIP" monthly subscription and save 10% to subscribe beyond 3 months.  Since drinking your fake food never leads to permanent weight loss or learning how to eat properly, her followers will be on this stuff for life or until they go bankrupt.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, deirdra said:

She zipped through 4 different Plexus products and the ones that aren't pink drinks are whey-based "meals". I was wondering how many pounds of fluids she carried around Disneyworld but apparently they come dry in packets so she would only have needed a couple of her phallic Plexus bottles to mix up her pink, energy and "meal" packets with water while on the go. You can "save" 25% by signing up for a "VIP" monthly subscription and save 10% to subscribe beyond 3 months.  Since drinking your fake food never leads to permanent weight loss or learning how to eat properly, her followers will be on this stuff for life or until they go bankrupt.

It’s all quite sad. The disinformation that’s out there with diet and exercise is profound and this is one thing I do not like about Christine—people will do anything to make a buck, even if the methods are questionable. These Plexus a-holes act like Olympic athletes carrying that crap around and in the case of Christine, while Christine is not fat, she is not svelte either. If you’re gonna sell something, at least make people see what it can do for them. Janelle certainly is a poor example—she’s still obese. 

Even when I was lifting heavily and doing supplements, it wasn’t as obsessive as these Plexus people. I did use protein shakes when pressed for time, but mostly tried to eat balanced food with a bit of a protein boost. And? I drank WATER (and still do) with the rare exception of using Nuun for recovery.

This Plexus shit is so predatory and misleading. 

• Love 12

I had no clue about LuLaNo until Meri was selling it. A quick Google search brought up all kinds of problems with it. Same for Plexus. Either they know these things, and don’t give a shit, or they never bothered to do any research.

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Either they know these things, and don’t give a shit, or they never bothered to do any research.

I expect both.  But having lived in a cult for all of their married lives, these fools are all easily led into other cults.  Cults don't allow independent thought, the brainwashing includes aversion to logic or science and blind obedience to the leader.  And under no circumstances any thought toward the consequences of their actions. 

So they don't care if their downline minions lose their homes or families as long as they prosper.  They don't care if people end up with liver failure as long as they prosper.  If anything bad happens, it's never their fault.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 3/9/2022 at 5:09 PM, Cetacean said:

"Loves"?  Gushy much?

It's grating but coming from Christine, I fill like it's kind of her vibe.  Can you imagine if Meri suddenly started calling her customers "loves?"  Or Janelle?  I'm not even going to mention Robyn.  Christine has the personality to pull it off.

Now having said that, I am wondering if Meri will start calling her followers "lovely" in her upcoming LLR or FWF videos, since she's clearly keeping one eye on Christine and parroting whatever she's doing.  Which I find hilariously ironic. :)

• LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 2/24/2022 at 10:10 AM, iwantcookies said:

I hate bare feet. I gag just thinking of them. The summer is the worst. I wear socks all the time every season.

This discussion is funny. I love being barefoot.  Usually just at home though.  I hate socks

Edited by Cherry Cola
  • Love 3
On 3/18/2022 at 9:34 AM, laurakaye said:

It's grating but coming from Christine, I fill like it's kind of her vibe.  Can you imagine if Meri suddenly started calling her customers "loves?"  Or Janelle?  I'm not even going to mention Robyn.  Christine has the personality to pull it off.

Now having said that, I am wondering if Meri will start calling her followers "lovely" in her upcoming LLR or FWF videos, since she's clearly keeping one eye on Christine and parroting whatever she's doing.  Which I find hilariously ironic. :)

Agree, Christine can pull it off.  But it would sound odd coming from anyone else.

• Love 8

I can't help but wonder what kind of homeschooling Truely is getting while Christine is constantly on the go. Is the homeschooling thing really for Truely, or is it to accommodate Christine's new lifestyle?? It seems to be one endless vacation party.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

I can't help but wonder what kind of homeschooling Truely is getting while Christine is constantly on the go. Is the homeschooling thing really for Truely, or is it to accommodate Christine's new lifestyle?? It seems to be one endless vacation party.

Well it is spring break time.  But you are right with all the traveling they do, it's probably best if she is doing home school.

• Love 5

Hopefully, Truely is in a district approved online type school that she can do anywhere.  Many of them are go at your own pace and she can work ahead or catch up fairly easily.  Spring break was this past week for the grandkids.

• Love 11

Homeschooling has come a LONG way in the past decade or so and frankly advanced at light speed during the last 2 years.  The modern version of homeschooling is vastly different than even during the 90's.  And while technically in most states a parent or similar sets the curriculum, determines lessons, cobbles together "teaching aids", etc mostly on their own, in reality quite often this is not the case.  Instead it is common to find the homeschooler's curriculum, lessons, and even teaching via an online service leaving the parent as support and consultant rather than primary driver for teaching and assessment.  It's fascinating to see how almost any away from home excursion or even daily chores and activities can be turned into an thorough educational opportunity.  I know one homeschooler who turned their family camping trip into a entomological research project.  Another who was interested in animal husbandry and used "class time" to shadow a large animal veterinarian for a few weeks, the same student also shadowed with a zoo keeper.

• Useful 6
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Homeschooling has come a LONG way in the past decade or so and frankly advanced at light speed during the last 2 years.  The modern version of homeschooling is vastly different than even during the 90's.  And while technically in most states a parent or similar sets the curriculum, determines lessons, cobbles together "teaching aids", etc mostly on their own, in reality quite often this is not the case.  Instead it is common to find the homeschooler's curriculum, lessons, and even teaching via an online service leaving the parent as support and consultant rather than primary driver for teaching and assessment.  It's fascinating to see how almost any away from home excursion or even daily chores and activities can be turned into an thorough educational opportunity.  I know one homeschooler who turned their family camping trip into a entomological research project.  Another who was interested in animal husbandry and used "class time" to shadow a large animal veterinarian for a few weeks, the same student also shadowed with a zoo keeper.

I've watched a few YouTubers that do offer a full curriculum based on your child's grade.  It's ideal for the parents who want to home school, but don't want to have to make sure they are including everything that is required for what they should be learning at that age.  Or they steer you toward companies that will do that for you.

• Useful 5

The German pancake and omelette video is up.  Truely is there and a bit awkward.  She sings and giggles and clearly loves her mother. And she seems like a child who would benefit from time with other kids.

For the first time the food did not look tasty.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I really hate to say this but none of Christine's recipes have appealed to me not even the carrot cake. I have a feeling that once this cooking segment ends it will be one and done if she can't come up with more appetizing recipes.

I agree with you about Truly. I had to look up her age. She is only 11.  Maybe this year Christine felt that she had gone through too many life changes and needed a break. Hopefully by next school year Christine will find a school where Truly can be comfortable. She seems like a sweet child.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I really hate to say this but none of Christine's recipes have appealed to me not even the carrot cake. I have a feeling that once this cooking segment ends it will be one and done if she can't come up with more appetizing recipes.

I agree with you about Truly. I had to look up her age. She is only 11.  Maybe this year Christine felt that she had gone through too many life changes and needed a break. Hopefully by next school year Christine will find a school where Truly can be comfortable. She seems like a sweet child.

I liked the carrot cake and the rolls but the white lasagna…just no. 

• Love 5

Has anyone tried the dinner rolls? 

I have to question the whole cold oven thing.  Most recipes I have seen call for baking at 400 for 10 minutes. First of all, ovens come to temperature at different rates.  Do these even cook through?  They didn't look done to me at all especially since they were brushed with butter. Normally, baking turns them a golden brown. 

And her recipe calls for lactose free milk. Is that a recipe thing or a personal thing?  She didn't bother to address that in the video.

I remain unimpressed with both the videos and the recipes.  But that's just me.  

• Love 7

I don't like the recipes very much too. They all look like you get with 1 serving the amount of calories for a whole day 😳 And for that the stuff doesn't even look delicious 🤐 But I like how Christine (and her girls) present the recipe. The same with better recipes and it would be a perfect little cooking show.

• Love 9
On 3/21/2022 at 1:45 PM, Cetacean said:

Has anyone tried the dinner rolls? 

I have to question the whole cold oven thing.  Most recipes I have seen call for baking at 400 for 10 minutes. First of all, ovens come to temperature at different rates.  Do these even cook through?  They didn't look done to me at all especially since they were brushed with butter. Normally, baking turns them a golden brown. 

And her recipe calls for lactose free milk. Is that a recipe thing or a personal thing?  She didn't bother to address that in the video.

I remain unimpressed with both the videos and the recipes.  But that's just me.  

Well. I finally watched the video of Christine's famous rolls! I read the recipe when it was posted and was confused by her "lamination" but seeing it and I understand it better. It isn't lamination, just adding more butter in a very messy way...honestly POURING butter all over the dough??

I love recipes, I love old cookbooks and have a house filled with them. To me an important part of history is the food we eat and how we prepare it. I am sure that recipe has quite a pedigree with it, it is really unusual. After reading a reddit comment where someone also from Utah said they make these rolls the exact same way. So it probably comes from within the community maybe?

Starting bread in a cold oven isn't the norm. I know Cook's Illustrated has done a cold start pound cake and a cold start bread in a dutch oven, but for specific reasons.  I suspect that Christine's rolls became a cold start recipe when someone was in a hurry and thought that they would just raise as the oven preheated since she mentions them raising in the 20+ minutes of the oven heating.  However, yes, most modern ovens heat faster than that. Plus in that time, a whole lot of butter is just going to melt out.

I have always thought that the rolls look strange and undercooked, but now I understand that is the way they MAKE them to be.  I make Butter Crescent rolls as well, and they are wonderful, but nothing like Christine's rolls. I wonder if Kody peels the tops off of them because the insides tend to be a bit...gooey... I can't imagine preparing for Thanksgiving and making hundreds of those rolls.

I suspect the lactose free milk is just because someone in the family is sensitive...I am not a dietician, but does it not matter with all that butter?

Also, she calls for instant yeast.  Maybe long ago when the recipe used the older active dry yeast it had to be proved in the beginning in warm water with a pinch of sugar to "activate" the yeast, but modern instant yeast does not need this step.  You just toss the yeast in with the flour. Modern yeast technology is pretty amazing, I have had to adjust all my old yeast based recipes because you just don't need as much yeast (by volume) with the modern yeast.

• Useful 6
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I have always thought that the rolls look strange and undercooked, but now I understand that is the way they MAKE them to be.

A big yes to the whole posting above.  The whole recipe was just janky;  even as I was watching I questioned most of it.  No way those things are done in the middle. 

I've made a lot of rolls (albeit not crescent rolls) and I'm not going to waste my time trying it her way.  If someone has made her recipe, please weigh in and let me know if I am wrong.

• Love 6