Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

because what we have here is Kody wanting to be considered a plyg but living as a monogamist.

Is he? I'm not sure why Kody the plyg is hanging around Robyn's house, she's not the only one there.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:15 PM, Roslyn said:

Its so easy. Cast a circle on the night of the full moon, make a bonfire and make smores. Dance naked around your fire chanting "F*CK OFF Kody!!"

...wine is preferred, but optional.

This made me laugh so hard! I had visions of Christine doing this covered in her LulaNo rags and hair hanging loose!

On another note; her comment on how to divorce with a “you can unseal a marriage but I consider this as something between me and God” raised my eyebrows… You wanted polygamy legalized right? You wanted to have the same rights as a legal wife? Yet you believe in divorcing with a single prayer?

Edited by LilyD
Mad should be made
  • Love 11

Christine was on Facebook Live last night selling fancy pajamas from LulaRoe for $82 a set. She claims they are actually clothing sets that you should feel no shame about leaving the house in, but really they were at best sweatsuits, and at worst totally pajamas. And she has multiple buyers, which is only because of the reality show. She would not be doing this well if not for the fame from the show. And I can't believe how many people are buying into it. I will say that Christine is much more likeable on Facebook Live than Meri, who always comes across as superior and condescending. At least Christine is friendly to you while you're spending too much money on pajamas. Also, Christine looks super happy and far more content with her life than Meri. 

Truely also made an appearance. She's such a sweet kid. Hopefully they're not giving her Plexus.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
50 minutes ago, LilyD said:

This mad me laugh so hard! I had visions of Christine doing this covered in her LulaNo rags and hair hanging loose!

On another note; her comment on how to divorce with a “you can unseal a marriage but I consider this as something between me and God” raised my eyebrows… You wanted polygamy legalized right? You wanted to have the same rights as a legal wife? Yet you believe in divorcing with a single prayer?

Could be since they are no longer consider to be part of the church that she wouldn't be able to get an unsealing from the church.  Not sure if you have to get the unsealing from your church or could you go to another plyg church to get one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

That "church" is so male-dominated I would wager to say that the woman has no option for unsealing.  She is stuck with him unless her Lord Prophet on Earth gets a direct message from god as to what will be done.   

That seems to be how it works with that "religious" group, a direct line to the almighty who miraculously gives them directions that exactly match what the male wants.  And changes his almighty mind with things don't work out the way the male wants them to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

That Hollywood gossip article was actually quite accurate for once. It is addressing a lot of things we noted here on the board as well. As for ending a spiritual marriage: Yes, the man seems to hold most of the cards and if he is unwilling to cooperate, I can see this being difficult for Christine.

However…. Christine is an Allred by birth. The Allreds are a very powerful family within the AUB (their former church which was where the marriages were sealed) Kody was kicked out of there so doesn’t have many Brownie-points with the AUB to begin with. That combined with Christine’s family ties, should give her a chance to rid herself spiritually from that DoucheBag.

• Love 11
33 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Christine is an Allred by birth. The Allreds are a very powerful family within the AUB (their former church which was where the marriages were sealed) Kody was kicked out of there so doesn’t have many Brownie-points with the AUB to begin with. That combined with Christine’s family ties, should give her a chance to rid herself spiritually from that DoucheBag.

Christine is also descended from LeBarons who used murder to solve disagreements (her grandfather was murdered by his brother Ervil LeBaron). Watch out, Kootie!  A Plyg Princess should have more power than a jackwad kicked out of their AUB church.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

If they were kicked out of their church, does that mean that their sealed marriages are no longer valid?

I am sure Kootie will check it on in his next chat with god.  Amazingly god only talks with the males.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7

Everyone focuses on the physical intimacy with K'Douche and Christine, but I think the worst part of being iced out is the emotional intimacy. Christine is emotionally intelligent enough to realize how that would be, Douchey isn't emotionally intelligent in even one iota.

• Love 24

I don’t think the focus lies on physical intimacy only. Christine suffered from years of emotional neglect as was often discussed out here too. The physical part probably comes from the latest SW-revelations where Kody told her he was no longer interested.

I can see this being a devastating blow to your self-esteem (or what’s left of it). Christine must finally have reached her limit after this and kicked him out.

• Love 12

I had an interesting thought. When they were kicked out of the AUB, Kody was leader of the family. The Wives were following his lead, as they have been schooled from birth or early childhood. They strove to keep the family together. 

Aspyn married Mitch Thompson after their expulsion from church. Iirc, Mitch's gfather is leader of AUB. I wonder if their church will look kindly on Christine for unsealing, etcetc whatever... in addition to the Allred ancestry. 

Just a thought.

Edited by Art Of Noiz
Sp
  • Useful 7
  • Love 1

Is "Takeover Live" code for "I need to help my downline peon Carol from Dubuque offload three boxes of leggings for which I will actually make a larger profit than her?"  Does Christine sell someone else's inventory at a discount?  If Carol from Dubuque can't sell the stuff, is Christine's "star power" really enough to get rid of the stuff?  And who, tell me - WHO - is still buying this crap?

That's all the questions I have for now.  I'll hang up and listen.

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
On 1/31/2022 at 9:39 AM, Art Of Noiz said:

Aspyn married Mitch Thompson after their expulsion from church. Iirc, Mitch's gfather is leader of AUB. I wonder if their church will look kindly on Christine for unsealing, etcetc whatever... in addition to the Allred ancestry. 

I wonder if Mitch's mother leaving his father or Aspyn's father getting expelled from the AUB have affected which church, if any, Mitch & Aspyn belong to now.  Maddie said mainstream Mormons wouldn't accept her. What about Mykelti?  If a Catholic like Tony (and people who succumb to proselytizers who come in pairs to their front doors) can become Mormons, why not Maddie, Mykelti, Aspyn or Christine if they want to?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I wonder if Mitch's mother leaving his father or Aspyn's father getting expelled from the AUB have affected which church, if any, Mitch & Aspyn belong to now.  Maddie said mainstream Mormons wouldn't accept her. What about Mykelti?  If a Catholic like Tony (and people who succumb to proselytizers who come in pairs to their front doors) can become Mormons, why not Maddie, Mykelti, Aspyn or Christine if they want to?

At the time, Maddie said, “I got a phone call and they’re not letting me get baptized. They called me and said it was too contradictory and they hope I reconsider [joining the church] when we’re not such a public family.”

And, “The LDS church rejecting me for my parents choices was one of the most devastating things I have been through. After that happened, I sat and reevaluated everything I had learned about the church. In itself, the church is absolutely beautiful. Not with all the politics though.”.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 8
23 hours ago, deirdra said:

I think Christine would have the same troubles joining the LDS church that Maddie did, if she didn't completely disavow polygamy and be willing to speak publicly against it and her former church. Christine cannot state "I have become LDS, but the AUB was great just not for me."

Given the intertwined history between the LDS church and the AUB and other sects of the Mormon faith, it is likely very political. I fully understand why Maddie felt the way she did when the LDS church said that to join she had to publicly disavow her family. I could see Christine saying that she was happy to leave Kody, but still thought polygamy was a good way to live and really valued her relationship with her sister wife Janelle. Someone converting from Catholicism doesn't have the cultural or political history with the LDS church that someone from another polygamous sect does. 

I think of it this way- to someone raised in the Hindu tradition, all of the philosophical distinctions between Roman Catholicism and the Episcopalian faith may seem like minutia. But someone leaving the Roman Catholic faith to become Episcopalian sees and experiences much bigger differences.

The historical example of "cousins fight most of all." not the people who live on opposite sides of village.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

It wasn’t just that the browns were a public family. The LS publicly disavowed polygamy and agreed to stop practicing it   They can’t be accepting people into their church who don’t do that.  Maddie wouldn’t  disavow polygamy even though she felt it wasn’t a future she wanted for herself.    She refused to publicly state that 3 of Kody’s  4 marriages were not spiritually valid. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

It wasn’t just that the browns were a public family. The LS publicly disavowed polygamy and agreed to stop practicing it   They can’t be accepting people into their church who don’t do that.  Maddie ( and MyKelti also) wouldn’t disavow polygamy even though they felt it wasn’t a future they wanted for themselves.     They refused to publicly state that 3 of Kody’s  4 marriages were not spiritually valid. 

You said it way better than I did!

I do think the publicity was part of it. If Maddie was from a plural family who didnt have a reality show, and went to join LDS, they probably would've asked her about her background, but may have let her not disavowing her family "slide".

To keep it on topic- I could never see Christine disavowing her plural family. Although she left Kody I believe she was firmly committed to the idea of plural marriage and thinks her life was better because of it. To Christine, KODY and his behavior was the problem, not her faith. (not saying she was wrong, under the rules/guidelines of her faith Kody has been doing a piss poor job).

I remember when one of her girls was younger (the earlier seasons) and Logan agreed to go to the father daughter dance along with Kody so that the younger ones would have more attention. Its clear all the little kids LOVED Logan to bits and she was so excited he was coming. (maybe it was Gwen?) Gwen had said that she didn't want to be a sister wife when she grew up and Christine said "but you wouldn't have Logan without polygamy" and her eyes got BIG as saucers. No LOGAN? I didn't think that was a particularly "fair" argument of Christine's, plenty of people wouldn't have the siblings they have and love without circumstances that are less than ideal (even someone as simple as unintended single parenthood) that doesn't mean you want that circumstance for yourself. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

You said it way better than I did!

I do think the publicity was part of it. If Maddie was from a plural family who didnt have a reality show, and went to join LDS, they probably would've asked her about her background, but may have let her not disavowing her family "slide".

Thank you / I did amend my post though to exclude MyKelti as I couldn’t accurately remember the outcome on her in terms of joining the church 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I fully understand why Maddie felt the way she did when the LDS church said that to join she had to publicly disavow her family.

I’m guessing the LDS was trying to play safe here. Many people still believe that Mormons and polygamists are the same, which they’re not. The LDS fear every possible association with polygamy and/or Warren Jeffs. Taking a Brown kid in, might have given the wrong impression.

Having said this, I still think it’s an incredibly cruel thing to ask someone to choose between them and their family. None of the Brown kids are pro-polygamy but they respect their parents for their choice. They wouldn’t go down that path. You’re also punishing children for choices their parents made, which is totally unfair to begin with! 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Having said this, I still think it’s an incredibly cruel thing to ask someone to choose between them and their family. 

The Mormon church is not exactly known for its willingness to bend rules unless it's for them somehow. 

This is the group that posthumously baptized Holocaust victims into their cockamamie church over objections from the Jewish community.  Don't forget, god speaks to their leaders on a regular basis to run that outfit.  They only change if it benefits them financially.  If admitting any of the Browns would hurt them in the pocketbook (outraged members) they are unlikely to bend. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
16 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

The Mormon church is not exactly known for its willingness to bend rules unless it's for them somehow. 

This is the group that posthumously baptized Holocaust victims into their cockamamie church over objections from the Jewish community.  Don't forget, god speaks to their leaders on a regular basis to run that outfit.  They only change if it benefits them financially.  If admitting any of the Browns would hurt them in the pocketbook (outraged members) they are unlikely to bend. 

It wasn't until 1978 that Black males could be ordained to the Priesthood.  There are those in the Black community that believe the reason this became acceptable was because the church was under threat of losing their tax free status if they continued this discrimination.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

No LOGAN? I didn't think that was a particularly "fair" argument of Christine's, plenty of people wouldn't have the siblings they have and love without circumstances that are less than ideal (even someone as simple as unintended single parenthood) that doesn't mean you want that circumstance for yourself. 

Though if Christine were a monogamist, she would have had her own sisters, friends & neighbours and their kids to interact with.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

This is so true. My aunt was mainstream LDS. I remember her outrage over the decision allowing African Americans to hold priesthood. The rest of her family was never like that. (Racist, or LDS). I assumed it was teachings and attitudes of her denomination.

• Useful 5
On 2/1/2022 at 3:09 PM, ginger90 said:

At the time, Maddie said, “I got a phone call and they’re not letting me get baptized. They called me and said it was too contradictory and they hope I reconsider [joining the church] when we’re not such a public family.”

And, “The LDS church rejecting me for my parents choices was one of the most devastating things I have been through. After that happened, I sat and reevaluated everything I had learned about the church. In itself, the church is absolutely beautiful. Not with all the politics though.”.

I wonder why?  Because I remember seeing a post/photo about Garrison being baptized into the Mormon church I believe.

He's not the only one from polygamy families that have joined the mainstream Mormon church.  I believe at least one of the Williams kids and one of the Darger's kids have joined.  But it has to be said neither one of those families are actively part of a church.  They are also not much in the public eye.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

No LOGAN? I didn't think that was a particularly "fair" argument of Christine's

Logan definitely was a big blessing and so are Janelle’s other boys. Didn’t Garrison build Truely a flower bed? And Gabe’s awesome speech for Ari? However… polygamy also brought Mariah, Meri, Robyn and her kids into the mix. So definitely not just angels!

• Love 9
23 hours ago, deirdra said:

Though if Christine were a monogamist, she would have had her own sisters, friends & neighbours and their kids to interact with.

I don’t quite follow?

If they weren’t a plural family, and let’s say Logan was her brother because Kody was divorced before Christine, and Gwen saying “I don’t want to get divorced when I grow up” and Christine saying “but without divorce you wouldn’t have Logan.”- that would be TRUE, but a false equivalency. I didn’t think that was an emotionally fair statement to make to the girl who obviously adored her big brother. I thought it was emotionally manipulative. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I thought it was emotionally manipulative. 

I thought it was emotionally manipulative of Christine too.  My point was that Christine believed that only plyg families have a bigger village to help raise their kids and that her kids would have been lonely or had no help if their mother hadn't shared a penis with 2-3 other women. Logan (or someone like him) could have been their loving and helpful cousin, friend or neighbour. If there is a gap in a family, that a single mother like Christine needed filling, someone often steps up.

Christine has also pointed out more than once that monogamous women have no sister wives to support them when they give birth. No, but they will have a mother, sister, friend and/or husband (who is not in bed with his new fiancée) to support them.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

I thought it was emotionally manipulative of Christine too.  My point was that Christine believed that only plyg families have a bigger village to help raise their kids and that her kids would have been lonely or had no help if their mother hadn't shared a penis with 2-3 other women. Logan (or someone like him) could have been their loving and helpful cousin, friend or neighbour. 

Christine has also pointed out more than once that monogamous women have no sister wives to support them when they give birth. No, but they will have a mother, sister, friend and/or husband (who is not in bed with his new fiancée) to support them.

Oh I see! Thank you!

I get what you mean now. Yes, it was manipulative of Christine to say that to Gwen (who was a small child and couldn’t see through it the way Logan could’ve). We are in agreement. Human emotions are complex and there’s more than one way to get your emotional and social needs met- just because you don’t choose xyz way doesn’t mean you’re devoid of close intimate relationships. We know that, maybe Christine does now as well.

16 hours ago, LilyD said:

Logan definitely was a big blessing and so are Janelle’s other boys. Didn’t Garrison build Truely a flower bed? And Gabe’s awesome speech for Ari? However… polygamy also brought Mariah, Meri, Robyn and her kids into the mix. So definitely not just angels!

The joys of being in a family! I think we have all been there. 

• Love 3

Even if Janelle's first husband had been Logan's father, Logan & Janelle's other kids would still be part of the extended family because Janelle's mother was married to Gwen's grandfather Winn (Kody's father).

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

Logan could still have been a half- brother to Gwen in a monogamous situation. He would have been the son of Gwen’s father by his second wife, Janelle (if they had hypothetically been in a monogamous marriage and then divorced). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Adiba said:

Logan could still have been a half- brother to Gwen in a monogamous situation. He would have been the son of Gwen’s father by his second wife, Janelle (if they had hypothetically been in a monogamous marriage and then divorced). 

Yeah. That’s why I brought up Gwen not wanting plural marriage/divorce etc doesn’t mean she doesn’t want her brother (whatever the circumstances were). 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, deirdra said:

yeah - because this is what I want...someone who is fucking my husband to watch me squeeze his baby from my loins.  I feel like that has the potential to be an intense eye contact situation - stare that bitch down while you give birth to her husband's child. 

Edited by NoWhammies
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

yeah - because this is what I want...someone who is fucking my husband to watch me squeeze his baby from my loins.  I feel like that has the potential to be an intense eye contact situation - stare that bitch down while you give birth to her husband's child. 

I do not remember any of the sister wives being in the room with Robyn for Sol’s birth( I quit watching long before the second birth).  I remember Kody  kissing Meri? in the hallway before he went in the room. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2022 at 6:56 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I wonder why?  Because I remember seeing a post/photo about Garrison being baptized into the Mormon church I believe.

He's not the only one from polygamy families that have joined the mainstream Mormon church.  I believe at least one of the Williams kids and one of the Darger's kids have joined.  But it has to be said neither one of those families are actively part of a church.  They are also not much in the public eye.

I think it was about being in the show, publicly associated with polygamy. Garrison is rarely seen on the show. Maddie and Mykelti didn't want to give it up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Janelle, you're morbidly obese and have been for DECADES.  📈   Put down the magic elixir and either get thyself to a certified nutritionist or embrace the fact that you're FAT, and probably will be the rest of your life. 

For a slug such as yourself, I strongly suggest the latter. Then, go buy some attractive clothes that FIT. Update your hairstyle, get on a eating program of more veggies and salads for your health and, and stop drinking that pink unicorn pee!  You're fooling no one but yourself! This woman and her weight issues get on my last nerve at times!  😒

This advice also applies to Meri.  Sheesh, can you even breathe in your clothes, girls?  🤨

• LOL 8
  • Love 14

Hmmm…. That post….

• We get ignored a lot
  • we get told NO a lot

Are you trying to tell us something ladies (or just Janelle as we know where christine stands?) Is this a very public dig at Kody?

• LOL 9