Type keyword(s) to search

Christine Brown Woolley: Nacho Sister Wife Anymore

• Start Topic

She did an amazing job with losing a lot of weight but OMG she has grown old! Those scenes where they gathered in a restaurant to discuss family dynamics...Well it shocked me. She looked at least 10 years older than the rest! And that make up ad doesn’t do her any favors (age wise)either if you ask me.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LilyD said:

She did an amazing job with losing a lot of weight but OMG she has grown old! Those scenes where they gathered in a restaurant to discuss family dynamics...Well it shocked me. She looked at least 10 years older than the rest! And that make up ad doesn’t do her any favors (age wise)either if you ask me.

She probably went thru menopause. That does shit to your skin. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Twopper said:

She looks like her mother.  She has fair skin and lives in a desert environment.  Probably never wore sunscreen.  She should take the cap off her head.   Sheeesh.   This would not entice me to buy that product.

That is a hair band to pull your hair back to wash your face or apply makeup.  The only reason I know is I have one like it.  

I'm sure living out in Vegas and Arizona for 8 years has done her no favors.   The sun and dry weather are brutal to your skin unless you pamper it from a young age.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I'm sorry, but that is an awful picture. She looks like a dude. 

She looks like somebody's Bubbe.  All she needs is one of those metal grocery carts the old ladies drag around behind them.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Cetacean said:

She looks like somebody's Bubbe.  All she needs is one of those metal grocery carts the old ladies drag around behind them.

Drat,  I was about to order me one to get the groceries from the driveway to my front door.  I think I will reconsider.

9 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

That is a hair band to pull your hair back to wash your face or apply makeup.  The only reason I know is I have one like it. 

I should have realized that although I have only seen them in white or black.  Maddie used to --or perhaps still does-- wear one just around the house.  I use a hair band with teeth.  My hair is just too thick to use those.  If I bend over, my hair pushes them off. They were in fashion when I was a kid, but they didn't work with my mane.  The ones I recall were a narrower band so should I try again?

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Drat,  I was about to order me one to get the groceries from the driveway to my front door.  I think I will reconsider.

Heck, no, they are great.  Just don't wear a babuska when you use it.

• LOL 12
On 4/13/2021 at 1:20 PM, NotinKansasanymore said:

So who here thinks Christine is going to move to Utah to be closer to her children and grandchildren? 

I do not see her going back on her own unless Janelle moves to NC and Meri moves to Parowan.  I think it is much more likely that with the change of the law in Utah plus the fact that they have wasted so much money in Flagstaff, Kody and Janelle will pivot from the vision of the mega-mansion to a move to Utah.  There is also no way they will re-create the cul-de-sac in Prairie Dog Village.  The kids have acclimated to Flagstaff so it is time to move.  They have done nothing on their land.  As of the beginning of this season, it hasn't even been surveyed and they have only mentioned that they will need to arrange for utilities.   It is also in a flood plane which I think means, assuming they can build there, that they  will need flood insurance, too.  They managed to have 4 houses built in Vegas in 5 months so Kody thought maybe it would take a year in Flagstaff until he realized they had to pull in utilities so he then said 2 years.  As of now, nothing has been built.  If they were to start today, the earliest they would be in  houses out there according to that scenario would be May of 2023, the year that Savanah will graduate from high school.   So they would basically be building for Truely, Sol, and Aria, and it would be only 5 years before Truely graduated.  Maybe they should rename it Boondoogle Pass.   I am used to the Blue Ridge Mts, and I personally do not see the attraction at all.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

"So they would basically be building for Truely, Sol, and Aria,.."

I really wonder if Dayton or Aurora will move out. I can picture Breanna setting out on her own, but unsure of the older kids.

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I really wonder if Dayton or Aurora will move out. I can picture Breanna setting out on her own, but unsure of the older kids.

I doubt Sobyn will loosen her grip on Day'un and Aurora can't leave.  Who would carry her up the stairs when she has her dramatic fits?  It's a tough world out there, high drama doesn't fly among peers of that age.

Edited by Cetacean
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Art Of Noiz said:

Aurora will probably be a sister wife to someone.  I just hope it isn't Aspyn.   Breanna might hang around for Aurora, but I think she will leave.  Dayton might go back to Montana. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Twopper said:

Aurora will probably be a sister wife to someone.  I just hope it isn't Aspyn.   Breanna might hang around for Aurora, but I think she will leave.  Dayton might go back to Montana. 

That's an interesting idea.  Dayton was the least enthused about the adoption and I wonder if he has kept in close contact with his bio dad.  That may be why Robyn has made every effort to provide him with his own haven in Flagstaff, in an attempt to keep him under her thumb.  He is an adult now and old enough to make his own decisions where he wants to live.  Robyn's head would🧨if he decided to live near or with his cookie stealing father.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Robyn's head would🧨if he decided to live near or with his cookie stealing father.

Though Robyn had no problem sending all three off to spend a month with the cookie thief so she could enjoy her honeymoon.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Though Robyn had no problem sending all three off to spend a month with the cookie thief so she could enjoy her honeymoon.

I didn't remember that they were with him while the honeymooners were living la dolce vita but I do know that she sent them for a visit with him immediately after the adoption and they returned saying that they had a wonderful time.  Didn't seem at all traumatized by the father that Robyn claimed she had been "fighting" with and needed to protect them from.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

Kody and Janelle will pivot from the vision of the mega-mansion to a move to Utah.

And upon their arrival across state lines, the State of Utah will proclaim Kody Brown Day and welcome them back with marching bands, The Mormon Tabernacle Choir and the Osmonds and award spectators a Sister Wives Closet commemorative pin.

We will never see this because the producers will think this is too interesting, and instead show us discussions on family communication and multiple flat tires.

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

I wonder how much of Ysabel's growth in height is due to the elimination of the 50 degree bend in her spine.  She's towering over Christine now, in flats.  I hope she towers over her sperm donor too, like Paedon.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I wonder how much of Ysabel's growth in height is due to the elimination of the 50 degree bend in her spine.  She's towering over Christine now, in flats.  I hope she towers over her sperm donor too, like Paedon.

She's so beautiful.  I felt so bad for her when that jackass father of hers suggested she go alone for major surgery.  If it had been AROARa, or any of Robo's kids, he'd have been there instantly.  

• Love 24
On 4/19/2021 at 10:05 AM, xwordfanatik said:

She's so beautiful.  I felt so bad for her when that jackass father of hers suggested she go alone for major surgery.  If it had been AROARa, or any of Robo's kids, he'd have been there instantly.  

that was so shameful and disgusting even for kootie, he sank to a whole new level of not giving a shit about any of the kids except Robyns.

We see him concerned about King Sol and taking him along (i know it was garbage cleanup but still) in the past we've seen him carry AROARa (haha i love that name!) and fawn all over her, he stays up nights for Areolaebola because shes a night owl (ridiculous because they must be allowing her to nap all day) but when it comes to Ysyabel he suggests she could travel alone during covid for major surgery! 😡

I've never wanted to jump through a TV screen more in my life and smack someone than watching him be an insensitive jackass to his daughter, Christine should have walked over and punched him in his dumb face and pulled that scraggly grey crotch hair out of his scalp!

• LOL 2
  • Love 14

Christine is not perfect and she has her own issues, but I felt so terrible for her this episode, watching her cry. Her heart was truly broken and not one person - not her husband of almost 30 years and not her sister wives - comforted her or had a kind word for her. After she spent a lot of her own sweet time taking care of THEIR children as they grew up. It was painful. You can tell she wants someone to show her some love and be gentle with her and apparently that’s too much to ask.

And poor Ysabel... she’s just a kid. When her dad suggested she go to get major surgery in a different state all alone, you could see the pain and fear in her eyes. She was so afraid she was going to be abandoned at the most vulnerable time in her young life so far. What kind of father makes their child feel that way? 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • Love 17
35 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

I've never wanted to jump through a TV screen more in my life and smack someone than watching him be an insensitive jackass to his daughter, Christine should have walked over and punched him in his dumb face and pulled that scraggly grey crotch hair out of his scalp!

I wanted Christine to wait a few beats to make sure that Ysabel was in the house, then slowly rise from her chair, approach Kody, and use all of her Mama Bear rage to take that chair he was sitting in and flip him right off her porch, then walk into the house and shut and lock the door.

And Christine was right on the money when she said that of course Kody has no idea how much pain Ysabel was in every single day - he was never there to witness it.  I have felt since season one that Kody thinks of Christine's girls as nothing more than a chore to be around.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I wanted Christine to wait a few beats to make sure that Ysabel was in the house, then slowly rise from her chair, approach Kody, and use all of her Mama Bear rage to take that chair he was sitting in and flip him right off her porch, then walk into the house and shut and lock the door.

But she didn't.  Just like she did absolutely nothing after Kootie almost killed Truley.  Which is why she is every bit as loathsome to me as the sperm donor. 

I have absolutely no pity for her and I couldn't care less if she never left.  She drank the LIfe Everlasting with My Beloved Prophet koolaid so she has to live with the consequences. She will never leave.  She's been brainwashed and is too much of a simpleton to see the truth.

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

She drank the LIfe Everlasting with My Beloved Prophet koolaid so she has to live with the consequences. She will never leave.  She's been brainwashed and is too much of a simpleton to see the truth.

Hopefully she sticks to her earlier plan to kick kids out of the house at 18 and they can enjoy lives free from the Koolaid like their older siblings.  Gwen stayed a bit longer due to Covid, Ysabel turns 18 this June (and presumably graduates & heads to college) and Truely in April 2028.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

But she didn't.  Just like she did absolutely nothing after Kootie almost killed Truley.  Which is why she is every bit as loathsome to me as the sperm donor. 

I have absolutely no pity for her and I couldn't care less if she never left.  She drank the LIfe Everlasting with My Beloved Prophet koolaid so she has to live with the consequences. She will never leave.  She's been brainwashed and is too much of a simpleton to see the truth.

I absolutely agree.  I may repeat this comment in the episode thread: She wants to move back to Utah to be closer to her family, the Dargers (as if they're so tight), and the plyg community, to which they no longer belong.  She also doesn't think that she can be married to Kody "right now."  She is entrenched for time and eternity and actually wants to hold tighter, not escape.

Her demand for independence is limited to asserting that she won't share a house, but she still assumes that they will all be together, even after Kody has nearly destroyed two of her daughters' physical health and all of her children's well-being, openly loathes her and admits that he retaliates against her children because he is so fed up with her.

In every episode, including the finale, she distinguishes how special polygamists are.  In the finale, she said something to the effect of, "We're polygamists who are living like monogamists, and that's something we never wanted," to persuade the others.

• Love 14

Sister Wives - Wikipedia gives her birth date as June 12, 2003 (which fits with Gemini) and lists her mother's name as "Christine Ruth Brown (née Allred)", not the never-used "Chris" like the Fandom site. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2

What was most glaring to me in the horrendous footage was the disconnect between what Ysabel was saying about her pain and Kody saying he didn’t understand why they need to do the surgery.

It made me wonder about what Christine said earlier about being seen by others as ‘dramatic’ and acting like a ‘princess.’

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if he dismisses anything Christine’s kids say as being ‘over the top just like their mother.’ 🙄🤬

Which is just so appalling but it also fits with his complete lack of empathy for Truely when they visited Robyn’s house and she was obviously very upset (and he said and did nothing). 

Regardless of how/why he was so disgusting in obviously not caring or having any empathy for Ysabel, it was was actually a bit triggering to watch. (I had a selfish, cold, uncaring dad too).

• Love 15

I’m holding out hope that Christine will be the first one to leave. She may word it as “I have to go help Aspyn” and not “I’m leaving all of you”, but on still think she’s really really close to leaving.

Run Christine run!

No idea why Meri was so anti-Utah when that’s where her business is. Didn’t she spend a fair amount of time there? She’s just more sneaky about saying she’s committed to the family, which keeps her on the show.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
On 4/17/2021 at 1:08 PM, Twopper said:

I actually just bought myself one of those carts for that very reason. I am in desperate need of a hip replacement and making a bunch of trips to unload groceries etc was killing me. Best purchase I've made in a while so I'd say go for it. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, missbonnie said:

Best purchase I've made in a while so I'd say go for it. 

I got one for traversing the farmer's market when I lived near Detroit.  The Eastern Market is blocks long so no way I could (or would) carry fruits and vegetables the length and back.  It was very handy. I just avoided the granny headgear while trundling along.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I got one for traversing the farmer's market when I lived near Detroit. 

I hadn't even thought of that, but that might work for me except our aisles are usually so crowded.  I take my Trader Joe bags.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, Cetacean said:

I think she has a type of Stockholm syndrome.   Maybe watching the finale of this show will help her see at least a flicker of truth.  She has a mother and aunt who broke free so I feel there is hope for her, too. 

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I think she has a type of Stockholm syndrome.   Maybe watching the finale of this show will help her see at least a flicker of truth.  She has a mother and aunt who broke free so I feel there is hope for her, too. 

I would like to think that she is still in Flagstaff to see Ysabel and Truely finish up their school year, but the fact that there wasn't a For Sale sign on her home the day after the finale was filmed tells me that she is willing to put the health and well being of her kids as well as herself aside to follow her time-share "husband".  I have lost any respect I may have had for her.

• Love 10
53 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I would like to think that she is still in Flagstaff to see Ysabel and Truely finish up their school year, but the fact that there wasn't a For Sale sign on her home the day after the finale was filmed tells me that she is willing to put the health and well being of her kids as well as herself aside to follow her time-share "husband".  I have lost any respect I may have had for her.

I wouldn't expect her to try to leave until this summer after Ysabel finishes her senior year.  And I think it may just be that she spends more and more time in Utah, before she finally leaves Flagstaff.

There is no way they will ever build on Prairie Dog Flats.  Janelle seems to be the only one who thinks they will.  That house would cost $3-4 million to build,  Christine knows it, Kody knows it unless he thinks he can negotiate TLC to build it for them.  Robyn and Meri know it or they would be fighting over the location they each want.

I noticed Kody mentioned finding four houses in Utah where all the backyards connected, but this was never mentioned on the show and I doubt he mentioned it to any wife except Robyn. Then he said that same type arrangement was unworkable on the plateau of Prairie Dog Plague because the wives would see each other's back yards. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I wouldn't expect her to try to leave until this summer after Ysabel finishes her senior year.  And I think it may just be that she spends more and more time in Utah, before she finally leaves Flagstaff.

Yes, you are right about Ysabel's senior year.  I forgot that this was filmed a year ago and Ysabel would have another year to complete high school.  If that's the case, she is at least showing more consideration for her child than Janelle did for Gabe.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

If that's the case, she is at least showing more consideration for her child than Janelle did for Gabe.

Gwen wasn't a happy camper with the move either.  She, Aurora and Gabe were the same year when they moved. And I doubt Ysabel was any happier than Gwen. 

they moved to Flagstaff to get more TLC seasons which they did, but now they are stuck there, probably paying at least as much in rent and mortgages as in Las Vegas. But nothing was happening in LV to film.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Twopper said:

And Christine was the only wife who has been raised in the plyg life since birth, if I'm not mistaken.  Meri didn't get a second mom until she was older, Janelle didn't live it at all and Robyn - who knows, I'm too lazy to look up her history but she acts like she's the Chief Communications Officer for Polygamy Worldwide.  Also, Christine was the only one who lived with the daily fear of her family being split up.  She talks a lot about constantly having to lie.  So from that mindset, given all she's been through - plus watching her mom and aunt leave plyg marriages - it's no surprise that Christine would double-down on making this family work at all costs.  Unfortunately those costs were herself and her kids, but she's either only now just realizing how badly she's been treated, or she's just now speaking to the TLC cameras about it.

Your opinion may vary!  I've rooted for various wives to bail on Kodork during different seasons.  That's one reason why I can't quit this show.  I used to root for both Meri and Janelle to get away - now I hope they're forever stuck on Planet Kodyn (Rody?) along with an eternity's supply of holey leggings, Plexus, and eye-boogers.

• LOL 5
  • Love 11
On 4/20/2021 at 2:49 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve read several places that Ysabell is 18 years old.  Born in March of 2003.  Another place said 17.  Anyone know for sure?

Ysabel is definitely 17.  She posted about it on her instagram on her birthday last year that she turned 17 - 44 weeks ago.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2021 at 1:17 PM, ReadMeLattice said:

Christine is not perfect and she has her own issues, but I felt so terrible for her this episode, watching her cry. Her heart was truly broken and not one person - not her husband of almost 30 years and not her sister wives - comforted her or had a kind word for her. After she spent a lot of her own sweet time taking care of THEIR children as they grew up. It was painful. You can tell she wants someone to show her some love and be gentle with her and apparently that’s too much to ask.

Well, her husband of nearly 30 years set her up to be knocked down by the others--especially Janelle--who were probably clued in by Robyn or Kody that Christine might mention moving back.   Janelle nearly sprang out of her chair to tell Christine how angry that made her.  And then she tells Christine there is nothing in Utah for her while Christine has children there.  Way to put the lie to the idea that this is one big family where every child has four moms.  For everyone but Christine it is only the bio kids who matter.  Christine even goes to NC to help Maddie when Evangalynn Kody is born.  I realize Maddie had another child who needed a babysitter for much of the time so maybe Janelle was just an opportunist taking advantage of Christine.   Janelle clearly doesn't consider Christine's children to be hers or she wouldn't have been so mean to Christine.  

I would think all the Brown children who watch this season would be appalled.

I am ready for Gwen and Ysabel to write the tell all.  I recall after Robyn joined the family, Gwen was very tactful that she was fine with Robyn joining but they didn't need any more.  I think she was already over it.

• Love 18

Kootie's treatment of Ysabel and Truely (bike riding lesson and kidney failure incidents) border on child abuse.  Christine, Ys, Truely & Gwen should join the rest of her children in Utah and never look back to protect them all.

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Kootie's treatment of Ysabel and Truely (bike riding lesson and kidney failure incidents) border on child abuse.  

But what did Christine do about it?  Not a damned thing.  She sees her own kids being treated like dirt and just stands back and lets it happen.  Is eternity on Kootie's planet worth it?  Apparently.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, Cetacean said:

But what did Christine do about it?  Not a damned thing.  She sees her own kids being treated like dirt and just stands back and lets it happen.  Is eternity on Kootie's planet worth it?  Apparently.

When Kody asked Ysabel if she could go to NJ alone for scoliosis surgery, Christine comforted her by telling her, "That won't happen.  It's not that you're not important."  

That remark supports Kody's irrelevant ultimatum (postpone or cancel) to the full detriment of Ysabel's mental, physical and emotional health.  It also reinforces Christine's basement-wife soliloquy that she put everyone else's children before her own.

• Love 7