Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Last I heard Christine's place is a rennel. Not hanging pictures on the pristine walls (it is a new-build half of a duplex) could mean she gets more of her deposit back.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Last I heard Christine's place is a rennel. Not hanging pictures on the pristine walls (it is a new-build half of a duplex) could mean she gets more of her deposit back.

Why put stuff up only to have to take it down.  Most rentals will let you use nails.  But not those sticky command hooks, which will destroy the finish on the walls.  Small nail holes are easily fixed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Why put stuff up only to have to take it down.  Most rentals will let you use nails.  But not those sticky command hooks, which will destroy the finish on the walls.  Small nail holes are easily fixed.

Right, in my last apartment I had a lot of stuff hung, toothpaste worked wonders for plugging them up on the cheap with dollar store toothpaste and it smelled minty fresh when I left. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I think it's just because Christine's life is in flux and she probably hasn't gotten around to decorating. If you remember all the wives' houses were absolutely stuffed to the gills with detritus, and her home was no different (although I guess it's easier to eschew clutter when you have fewer families' portraits and #livelaughlove junk from HomeGoods to hang up). It was always disorganized and overstuffed. I've had rentals for 20+ years and having junk lying around and not unpacked/hung right away has always bugged me. You just patch the stuff up when you move (or, if you're the Brown family, just leave a trail of junk and holey walls in your wake). Plenty of these people have rented over the years and it never stopped them from hanging up their cheesy word art and fire-farting horses.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, monagatuna said:

I think it's just because Christine's life is in flux and she probably hasn't gotten around to decorating. If you remember all the wives' houses were absolutely stuffed to the gills with detritus, and her home was no different (although I guess it's easier to eschew clutter when you have fewer families' portraits and #livelaughlove junk from HomeGoods to hang up). It was always disorganized and overstuffed. I've had rentals for 20+ years and having junk lying around and not unpacked/hung right away has always bugged me. You just patch the stuff up when you move (or, if you're the Brown family, just leave a trail of junk and holey walls in your wake). Plenty of these people have rented over the years and it never stopped them from hanging up their cheesy word art and fire-farting horses.

I'll never tire of "ass-fire."  🤣

I hate those dumb word art wall clutterers.  Meri in particular loves that stuff.  👎

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'll never tire of "ass-fire."  🤣

I hate those dumb word art wall clutterers.  Meri in particular loves that stuff.  👎

I agree it never gets old 😂

The only thing Meri loves more than dumb word art is her useless framed marriage certificate

What a PUTZ!

meriMC.png

• LOL 10
11 hours ago, CherryBelly said:

I'm not massively convinced by Janelle and Christines new closeness. They haven't really cared to hang out much for the last decade and it seems to be more about being plexus huns together than a newly discovered friendship. 

I'm not saying they dislike each other but I just can't imagine them going to lunch together unless it's used as an instagram opportunity.

Idk….probably some business angle.  Maybe even a series….minus Kody?

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Let's face it all of these reality show people are more or less low class citizens. Maybe a few semesters of college here or there.  They have no or very little work experience and if any mostly minimum wage, entry level positions.

For some reason they were struck by lightening by something weird going on in their lives.  Dwarfs, incarcerated, teen moms, plural families, tons of kids.

Then it happens. These nothing people with nothing going for them get picked up into a reality show and world!  Money rains on them!  They have no idea about money management or budgeting.  They think they are something big but really they are just the same uneducated, low class folks with money!

We shouldn't expect too much from them!  They have nothing to give!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 14
42 minutes ago, CherryBelly said:

I'm not massively convinced by Janelle and Christines new closeness. They haven't really cared to hang out much for the last decade and it seems to be more about being plexus huns together than a newly discovered friendship. 

I'm not saying they dislike each other but I just can't imagine them going to lunch together unless it's used as an instagram opportunity.

The past decade they also had kids at home.  Hard to really have a life outside the home when you have a house full of kids.

I only had one.  I rarely met up with friends.

Could just be for their MLM's but also they are moving onto a different stage in their lives.  It appears that both Truely and Savannah are both doing home school or online school.  As they seem to travel a lot.

• Love 9

Oh I don't know, I tend to think its sincere.  They have always seemed to have a base level of respect and likeability between them, except on one or two occasions.  Too, now that Christine's out completely of rotation for Kootie's attention it makes it even easier.  I can see their getting closer now that the kids are grown.

• Love 19
On 4/18/2022 at 12:27 AM, Cetacean said:

Damn, that's just awful. Reminds me of the "designer" gowns they had made for the vow renewal or whatever that was.  Hideous.

If they are trying to hide the fact that she has breasts, I'd say they failed miserably. All attention will be drawn to this awkward bip that is hanging there and makes it look as if poor Savanah was endowed a bit too much by the dear Lord.

You can look modest and still be gorgeous, a good consultant will work miracles so I really do not understand how they always end up with those hideous rags. And yes, always wear shoes when trying on or measuring dresses, even when you plan on wearing flats. Trust me, half an inch too much or too short can be an absolute nightmare.

1 hour ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Oh I don't know, I tend to think its sincere.  They have always seemed to have a base level of respect and likeability between them, except on one or two occasions.  Too, now that Christine's out completely of rotation for Kootie's attention it makes it even easier.  I can see their getting closer now that the kids are grown.

Don't forget that Janelle is also almost completely out of Kootie's attention and rotation! Her kids have flown the nest apart from Savanah so she's probably bored as hell. And as you imply, it is a lot easier to (re)build a friendship when you don't have to constantly  care for your kids.

• Love 13

Am I the only one that specifically remembers Janelle & Christine walking together, going for coffee together, even some traveling together for the last 5 or so years?   I remember people here ragging on them when they posted about walking around flagstaff and folks here were bellowing they needed to do a lot more than walk and they may have walked but were probably huffing and puffing the whole time and it was likely only a 10 minute walk that they were crowing about?

eta:  I also remember a whole lot of snark about how there was no way Janelle was walking because she probably wasn't able to find her walking shoes in the myriad of boxes she hadn't unpacked yet.

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, sharkerbaby said:

Am I the only one that specifically remembers Janelle & Christine walking together

Yes, that was back in 2020. Christine was Janelle’s walking buddy. Here’s a picture from then:

B0E9FF31-C473-4712-8534-BA7DC6D2EF7E.jpeg

• Useful 5
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, that was back in 2020. Christine was Janelle’s walking buddy. Here’s a picture from then:

B0E9FF31-C473-4712-8534-BA7DC6D2EF7E.jpeg

Omg!  Christine looks exactly like one of my extended family members in that pic!  I can’t wait to show my mom……she’s going to flip out!

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, CherryBelly said:

t's only during covid it seemed to me that Christine and Janelle kind of palled up and it became them united against Kody, Robyn and Meri. The season before that, Janelle was just pissed off that Christine had kiboshed the one house idea and gave the impression she thought she was being a bit pathetic

I agree with this. They had a working, cordial relationship prior to the pandemic. I think Janelle has always appreciated that her children were close with Christine - but Janelle was rather aloof herself. Christine also reported, in Vegas, that she didn't feel like she was "close" to any of the other wives in terms of sharing deep connections. She was close to her children. And for the staged dinner, immediately prior to the pandemic, Janelle was doing Kody's bidding - the "why are we here, why are we in it?" routine. Janelle was favored at the time because she supported the "one house" whereas Christine "shocked everyone" by saying she felt unwelcome and "hated." Clearly at that time, Janelle and Christine were not sharing any sort of in depth relationship. I do think they grew closer during covid. And now their older children are intertwined and they have some shared interests - plexus and Maddie... But I still don't see them as united soul sisters.

• Love 10

It's much easier for Janelle and Christine to be friends now that they no longer have a say in the others life.  By removing that, and the other 3 spouses, who radiate tension and negativity, there's virtually no source of conflict anymore.  

Also, their kids are siblings and Christine mothered them all.  The kids want to spend time with their mothers, as well as each other, so it's natural that they would be spending time together.   Basically it's the family minus Kody,  Robyn, and Meri.  Not the other way around like Kody and Robyn seem to still think. 

If we're talking about who they are today then I think all this plays a part.  Who they were years ago is irrelevant.   

Edited by eskimo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 20

Portugal...All-expenses paid...By Plexus?  

I don't understand how any of the above words go together in any capacity whatsoever.

I have worked in the same job for 23 years and have never qualified for a trip to anywhere.  I do get a raise now and again, for showing up and working my 8 hours.  But never a trip.

None of this makes any sense.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13

Have you ever worked in a commissioned sales role?  Trips and rewards are pretty much a feature of these types of roles whether they are for an organization structured as MLM, pyramid, or more traditional or business to business sales.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
On 4/23/2022 at 12:24 PM, ginger90 said:

To me, from day one of this show, the family was in trouble. They spouted a bunch of crap, basically it was lies, in my opinion.

Not only spouted crap...but oddly they couldn't even seem to spout the SAME crap.  It was one narrative on the show and then the book comes out really early on and they said very different crap in the book. A whole lot of very contradictory crap.

However, they have done a very good job at learning their own version of vague wordage. Talk and talk and talk and never truly hit the nail on the topic head.

• Love 15
14 hours ago, eskimo said:

It's much easier for Janelle and Christine to be friends now that they no longer have a say in the others life.  By removing that, and the other 3 spouses, who radiate tension and negativity, there's virtually no source of conflict anymore.  

With Christine out of the marriage, gone is the situation where Kody united and divided them.  So that’s one big reason less to be angry or jealous about.

Also, friendships and relations change. Stages in life and life experience are big reasons why people bond or grow apart in the first place. Janelle and Christine share a history, are (sort of) single,  both have older kids who have flown the nest (apart fromSavanah and Truley) and they seem to have developed some shared interests. Yes, I can see how a newfound friendship emerged.

• Love 12
24 minutes ago, LilyD said:

With Christine out of the marriage, gone is the situation where Kody united and divided them.  So that’s one big reason less to be angry or jealous about.

Also, friendships and relations change. Stages in life and life experience are big reasons why people bond or grow apart in the first place. Janelle and Christine share a history, are (sort of) single,  both have older kids who have flown the nest (apart fromSavanah and Truley) and they seem to have developed some shared interests. Yes, I can see how a newfound friendship emerged.

I would love to be a fly on the wall listening in to some of the bitch sessions they no doubt have. 

Can you believe Robyn said this.........

Can you believe Meri did this.......

Can you believe Kody failed to do this.......

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Portugal...All-expenses paid...By Plexus?  

I don't understand how any of the above words go together in any capacity whatsoever.

I have worked in the same job for 23 years and have never qualified for a trip to anywhere.  I do get a raise now and again, for showing up and working my 8 hours.  But never a trip.

None of this makes any sense.

If she had only chosen another MLM she could have gotten a pink Cadillac to park out on Plyg never going to build on Prairie

• LOL 18

I believe the “all expense paid” is a stretch. I’ve seen these where airfare is up to the “winner”. Off to look…….
I wonder who she brought with her. A guest is included.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Looks like they pay some toward airfare for the winner only, not the guest. Couldn’t find this trip’s amount.

I saw that this trip was originally supposed to be to Paris.

I did find the itinerary though.

90C67770-569A-4900-9E95-EDB08EFA7B13.jpeg

6F973B1A-69F7-4186-8155-E8F078B5CDDE.jpeg

222443D3-BF4F-4D3C-B87C-8F63C341145B.jpeg

2CC1128E-60FB-4728-8EE2-F2B0F5DE971B.jpeg

2073041A-1E2F-4F71-8EC8-80D558832148.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
16 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Who buys this crap?

Apparently there are a lot of clueless sheep out there ready to follow their "stars" over a cliff.

Thankfully, none of them appear to be posters in this forum.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Christine, Janelle and Maddie seem to be doing very well shilling pink drink.  Have you seen this?

https://recognition.plexusworldwide.com/spotlights/weekly-leaders

They appear to be the top three shillers for the last week reported (through April 16).

Janelle is diamond level--the highest shilling level

Christine is sapphire level--the second highest shilling level

Maddie is senior gold, which puts here squarely in the middle of the pack.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Useful 12
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Janelle is diamond level--the highest shilling level

Christine is sapphire level--the second highest shilling level

Maddie is senior gold, which puts here squarely in the middle of the pack.

At least with LulaRoe, people get overpriced clothes they can actually wear. I shudder to think what ingesting large amounts of Plexus does to your body. It looks like a nice trip though. I hope they recognize that they need to keep the Sister Wives show going to keep people buying into their other businesses, and act accordingly.

It looks like Janelle's sister is on the trip with her. They look a lot alike. Hopefully Savannah isn't stuck with Kody and Robyn while Janelle is gone.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I saw that this trip was originally supposed to be to Paris.

I'm leaving for Paris today! Too bad they switched locations, otherwise I could have had a sighting in the wild 🤣 

Our trip has been delayed 3 times for covid, and I'm not really happy about the numbers still, but if we don't go, we'll lose a ton of $. Dad is taking my sis and me to see ancestor "landmarks". I'm excited but also stressed. I'm not a good traveler. I keep waiting for the teleporters that Star Trek promised! 

• Love 20

Folks, I'm genuinely gobsmacked at this.  😕  Times are hard, and the world's facing an upcoming food shortage like we've not recently seen and yet there are morons still buying this?  We're facing 1980s inflation and they're buying this garbage!

Janelle's a top seller but look at her! Not fat-shaming but really, has she lost AN OUNCE since she began selling this junk?  Not what I'd call a sterling endorsement for their products.  She does however, have beautiful skin but Janelle always had great skin and so I don't think Plexus had anything to do with that. 🙄

Do they REALLY, as D-LIST celebs, have this kind of pull?  People are dumber than I give them credit, then.  I need to get in on this, and stop truckin, putting up with the fools on the road.   Forget 401K, real estate, and stocks, sell a crappy pink drink, instead.  Go on Disney vacation, overseas trips, and not have to put up with coworkers getting up in my grill.  🤫

Rant over.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Wow look a likes for sure!  Are there other siblings and do they also look alike these two?

According to her obituary, her mom had Janelle and her sister ( same father), and stepchildren.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 4