Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

Kootie's little map showed this big cistern would be feeding 5 smaller tanks. How could they decide where to locate the cistern if they haven't decided where to put the houses yet.  And it would be a big headache when the 5 lots are sold separately in the future.  Yes, you'd need electricity to pump water out to the 5 tanks and from each tank into each house. Cisterns normally would collect rainwater off roofs, which also don't exist yet.  The idea that this cistern was actually being delivered to a neighbour's property sounds the most likely!  If it is on their property, they would need trucked-in water to fill the cistern, but weren't even using it to fill Janelle's RV. What were they doing, filling the "pond" during droughts?

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I almost think that it wasn't even their cistern going in, but someone with common sense that brought land nearby started to develop on it.

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

The idea that this cistern was actually being delivered to a neighbour's property sounds the most likely! 

Interesting...

In one of the shots, the truck delivering the cistern drives through large, western-style log gate or archway (not sure what to call it). I've never seen that on the Browns' property before, unless I just missed it.

Could support what you guys are saying.

I smell a catfish. 😉

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

I like Janelle's small, simple tree, but doesn't it burn her holly jolly ass at ALL that Full Wife is sitting there in her mansion with probably the largest tree in Flagstaff that her ill gotten gains could buy, stockings hung by a real fireplace, and, more than likely, a 2,000 piece Christmas Village?

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Where o where is Janelle living? 'A smaller space needs a smaller tree' sure sounds pass agg to me. Did she rent an apartment?

Good point on the passive/aggressive part....

The mention of command hooks says "apartment" to me.

• Love 12

Could anyone explain the 8 stockings please? Yes, I know, 6 kids, Janelle and a teeny tiny possibility that Kody is going to show up on Christmas Day which makes 8.

But most of her kids have moved out, and while I understand she may want to give them something for Christmas, there's the fact that Maddie is married and has a family herself. Shouldn't they at least be included? And Logan's fiancee? #confused...

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Sasha888 said:

In one of the shots, the truck delivering the cistern drives through large, western-style log gate or archway (not sure what to call it). I've never seen that on the Browns' property before, unless I just missed it.

I noticed that log gateway too and hadn't seen it before.  Too nice for the Browns. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I like Janelle's small, simple tree, but doesn't it burn her holly jolly ass at ALL that Full Wife is sitting there in her mansion with probably the largest tree in Flagstaff that her ill gotten gains could buy, stockings hung by a real fireplace, and, more than likely, a 2,000 piece Christmas Village?

No, I don't get the feeling that it bothers Janelle much at all. I think Janelle has simple needs and is happy to have a husband around as a handyman on occasion, with no romantic relationship.

But I'm betting the disparity bugs the hell out of Gabe and several of her other kids. They seem to have more outrage about the situation than Janelle.

I still think Janelle will eventually move to North Carolina to be near Maddy and the grandkids.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

If Kodork, Janelle and Robyn are such proponents for the ONE BIG HOUSE, why didn't Janelle and Savanah just move into an empty wing of the Manse and give it the ol' college try?  See if anyone kills anyone else?  Try sharing a kitchen?  See if Janelle's fire-ass horse decor blends seamlessly with Robyn's 130,465 Precious Moments and Willow Tree figurines?  See how long it takes for one of Janelle's dogs to eat one of those Precious Moments figurines?  Or how long before Robyn gets the vapors when Janelle lumbers out of her bedroom at 6am and starts banging pots and pans to make her special nutmeg and ghee scrambled eggs?  I mean, I would totally watch a season of those two in particular live under the same roof while Kody hides in the cupboard under the stairs to avoid Robyn's wrath at allowing it in the first place.  

This is awesome, and I would watch the hell out of this because:

#1 - it would actually resemble polygamy, which this show now lacks

#2 - it's just the two screwballs who like this goober so much, and Christine gets to be free

#3 - I wouldn't have to watch Meri hit on Kody

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

This is awesome, and I would watch the hell out of this because:

#1 - it would actually resemble polygamy, which this show now lacks

#2 - it's just the two screwballs who like this goober so much, and Christine gets to be free

#3 - I wouldn't have to watch Meri hit on Kody

#4 find out what the heck is ghee?

• LOL 11
8 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

No, I don't get the feeling that it bothers Janelle much at all. I think Janelle has simple needs and is happy to have a husband around as a handyman on occasion, with no romantic relationship.

But I'm betting the disparity bugs the hell out of Gabe and several of her other kids. They seem to have more outrage about the situation than Janelle.

I still think Janelle will eventually move to North Carolina to be near Maddy and the grandkids.

I think you are 100% correct on all counts.

I share the outrage of Janelle's kids - mansion vs RV, disparity in amount of time spent together, and a million other examples - but Janelle just doesn't.

Also agree that she will go live by Maddie. Right now she's saying on the show that she wants to be in Flagstaff, but I don't think she means that. She will stay for awhile - perhaps because of the show, perhaps because Savanah is still in school - but eventually she will be fine with a situation where she lives almost an entire country away from Kody, has no romantic relationship with him, and almost never sees him.

I do share that opinion with Janelle...I also want to live a continent away from Kody and never have to see him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Is it just me or is anyone else too feeling that Janelle is getting tougher and sometimes a bit more nasty? 

Like basically telling Meri and Christine to just hand over their parcels and get lost? (Do whatever you want or leave, I don't care)  She's also taking a stand when it comes to her desired parcel of land which she must have because of her greenhouses. And in general she is voicing her opinion and wishes a lot more whereas in the past she would just shut up and avoid any possible conflicts.

• Love 15
5 minutes ago, LilyD said:

Like basically telling Meri and Christine to just hand over their parcels and get lost?

This is Janelle's standard "joke that doesn't really land" with a passive/aggressive message in it. Right now, she's tired of hearing about Utah, it upsets her a little bit, so she says "Fine, give me all the land and you guys can go."

She's just blowing off steam.

The other example you mentioned, wanting that particular plot, I think you're right that she is voicing her opinion more.

That's only half the battle though...she will cave if challenged at all. Look how she backed right down to Meri during that farcical conversation. All Meri has to say is "I'm fillin' a wall coming on!" and she gives up.

She also told Kody she was not pulling Gabe out of school and moving from Las Vegas, so this isn't really a new thing. I don't remember exactly what she said then, but it was similar. Kind of a "Fine, move to Flagstaff. Have a nice life." thing. She was talking tough then too, but she is all bark, no bite.

• Love 16
On 12/13/2021 at 4:27 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Where o where is Janelle living? 'A smaller space needs a smaller tree' sure sounds pass agg to me. Did she rent an apartment?

She's moved into Christine's house, since Christine is now residing in Utah!

• Love 1

I hope she realises that Kody and Robyn won't come with their large brood. They have cookie issues, but I'm sure she conveniently forgot about that, meaning she has more for herself😈

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Dove chocolates were on sale in my grocery store this week, and I am not going to say anything about Janelle's food choices today.

I'm sure you people are bright enough to figure out what those two things might have to do with each other. 😉

• LOL 21

I'm actually wondering about Janelle's plans for Coyote Pass... She's never really cared for the biggest house, the prettiest stuff and most expensive goods. She was content with what she had and made it work. I'm specifically thinking about Robyn demanding 6 bedrooms for all kids and Janelle saying more than once that her kids could share. Her fairly modest take on life was probably why she was happy with living in that RV or smaller rentals.

And suddenly, she's all about building a house and having those greenhouses as well. Somehow, it doesn't sound quite right...... Unless of course she envisions a homestead, which will probably go completely against all Robyn and Meri stand for!

added 1 minute later: I suddenly realised that a homestead requires a lot of hard labour, so probably no homestead lol!

Edited by LilyD
added why a homestead is a bad idea!
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

And suddenly, she's all about building a house and having those greenhouses as well. Somehow, it doesn't sound quite right......

I'm beginning to think it is all made up for TLC.  Greenhouses bigger than for household use are probably not allowed by the zoning laws (more plyg persecution to complain about).  Kootie saying last Sunday that the land hasn't been subdivided yet, however someone on here nearly 2 yrs ago looked up the land titles data and found 4 parcels with 2-3 names on each, complete with the purchase prices, etc..

Janelle had to move out of her first rennel before her crops had grown.  She got one summer of crops & weeds at the second rennel (yet was still getting weekly deliveries from the local veggie coop) but knew she'd be moving and didn't plant anything the second Spring and didn't even mow the 1' tall grass in the backyard.  You need more than water to run a greenhouse.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
On 12/22/2021 at 10:15 PM, deirdra said:

I'm beginning to think it is all made up for TLC.  Greenhouses bigger than for household use are probably not allowed by the zoning laws (more plyg persecution to complain about).  Kootie saying last Sunday that the land hasn't been subdivided yet, however someone on here nearly 2 yrs ago looked up the land titles data and found 4 parcels with 2-3 names on each, complete with the purchase prices, etc..

That's the kicker.  The "property" has always been four separate parcels that border each other.  And yes, they have a crazy configuration of names on each one.

On the show their graphics of where the lines and houses need to go have never lined up with the actual in real life property lines. Until this last new version of lots, which only kinda look like the real lines except for the small strips that are lots #1 #2 #3 which are the ones that need to be completely redrawn.

They have always referred to "the property" as if it is just one big rectangle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8