Type keyword(s) to search

Janelle Brown: Smarter Than Your Average Brown (Maybe)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Sasha888 said:

By next year she thinks she'll have full hook ups out on Rodent Poo Pass? That seems overly optimistic. 

More likely a campground.  No way in hell they will have that all available on their property.  It will cost a fortune. But then they all live in lala land.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

And this is the "smarter" one?

Well you know she’s got all that mental clarity zooming around in her noggin thanks to Plexus!!! Not to mention all the other benefits like regular poops and feet that smell like vanilla! 😂

• LOL 13
4 hours ago, Cetacean said:

More likely a campground.  No way in hell they will have that all available on their property.  It will cost a fortune. But then they all live in lala land.

Yeah, maybe she'll move down by the river where Garrison had his RV.  Google Maps shows a couple of RV parks down by the river.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, deirdra said:

Yeah, maybe she'll move down by the river where Garrison had his RV.  Google Maps shows a couple of RV parks down by the river.

All I can hear is Chris Farley on SNL…. “I live in a van.. down by the river!”  😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

I would be surprised if they even owned all four plots in prairie dog lane come spring. I have to wonder if they haven’t tried to sell them already but couldn’t get any bites. 

Edited by MakingBacon
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2DFE3E1B-B11A-4BDF-A115-9F0FA313AE81.jpeg

7AB60312-6E36-42FB-A799-3E9B057D646B.jpeg

What on earth is she doing? Poor Savanah, being dragged around from house to trailer, to house with no place to properly settle and call your own! A child needs a solid base. 

If I pick this post apart: She said "we decided to find short-term housing" which means she never really thought things through. It sounded like a last minute decision as if she was seriously considering spending the winter there. 

Then there's her bit on hooking up on electricity etc. Meaning that if anything is happening on Coyote Pass in 2022 it will be sorting this out, if they can. Any building plans, if any, are definitely still years away.

• Love 15

I don't see any way financially they can build on that land.   The money it would cost to run utilities, water, sewer to even one of the building sites would be huge.   Will Christine be able to get her share of the money out of it?  She wouldn't be able to sell "one of the sites" because they haven't even applied to have the larger piece legally divided in to separate building sites.  All of this takes time and money .   They have no money and seem to be running out of time.

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

I don't see any way financially they can build on that land.   The money it would cost to run utilities, water, sewer to even one of the building sites would be huge.   Will Christine be able to get her share of the money out of it?  She wouldn't be able to sell "one of the sites" because they haven't even applied to have the larger piece legally divided in to separate building sites.  All of this takes time and money .   They have no money and seem to be running out of time.

As usual, their stories conflict.  In one of the final episodes last season, they spoke of not having the land surveyed as of that time.  Yet, sleuth fans have uncovered and published titles to the land, indicating who owned what.  Kody was present on all of the registrations and on the largest parcel, there were 3 names indicated.  As I recall, 1 lot had been purchased outright and the rest had been financed to varying degrees.

My guess is that they saw an opportunity for more drama when they pretended to be assigning lots and frontage on golden pond plus the impact of how trees can affect Meri's sense of well-being.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

Since I have no clue how the timeline of this show coincides with normal time, is there a chance we're going to get some intel this season on how it came to be that Robyn was granted a mansion while Janelle "decided" to live in an RV on some abandoned land?  Because I would like to see how that went down...although I already know it will involve Robyn dry-crying while Janelle explains to the camera how she's really a wild forest woman at heart and the idea of living in an RV is something she's always wanted to do....so yeah, whatever, never mind.

• LOL 9
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Since I have no clue how the timeline of this show coincides with normal time, is there a chance we're going to get some intel this season on how it came to be that Robyn was granted a mansion while Janelle "decided" to live in an RV on some abandoned land?  Because I would like to see how that went down...although I already know it will involve Robyn dry-crying while Janelle explains to the camera how she's really a wild forest woman at heart and the idea of living in an RV is something she's always wanted to do....so yeah, whatever, never mind.

I don't think that we will ever hear a candid account of that unless Christine spills the beans. The truth of it seems to be that Robyn is the favored wife and gets whatever she wants but I don't think that anyone still on the show is going to come out and say that.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Because there is nothing more riveting than watching Janelle hook up her septic hose.

I would watch if Kootie was doing it and spraying himself like the last time.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

I would watch if Kootie was doing it and spraying himself like the last time.

My favorite episode!  Janelle's boys were behind that poop storm, I'd bet.  I hope so!

Isn't that also the episode where Robyn freaked out about snow?  Kootie told her "we have neighbors" and Queenie said "I don't give a shit!"  Poor baby.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, Fosca said:

I hope that's a four-season insulated trailer; otherwise she could be very cold next winter.  I also hope she winterized it, so the plumbing doesn't freeze.

True.  I have a great aunt who still uses an RV.  Every year after her last use, she takes it to a guy who winterizes it and gets it ready for storage for the winter.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

My favorite episode!  Janelle's boys were behind that poop storm, I'd bet.  

I think Meri &/or one of the boys was taking too long to screw on the hose, carefully trying to get it to seal properly.  Then manly man Kootie barges in saying let me do it, gave it one confident twist, turned on the sucker & out spewed the poop water.  He probably had to change clothes and fix his hair, which would have delayed the trip longer than the extra 15 seconds it was taking to seat the hose tightly and cleanly.  Quintessential Kootie!

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

s there a chance we're going to get some intel this season on how it came to be that Robyn was granted a mansion while Janelle "decided" to live in an RV on some abandoned land? 

If they do, which I doubt, it will be just another rehashing of old stories: God didn’t grant Robyn her rennal, so she was forced to buy. And since she had kids who wanted to go to college, she needed at least 6 bedrooms as they stayed at home. (Never mind Janelle and Christine’s kids who went to colleges and had to share bedrooms in the past too)

And Janelle has prided herself on being adventurous. She loves camping and even tried to live in a yurt a long time ago (but failed miserably). So this RV was an amazing opportunity. Kody will probably take pride in saying that he fulfilled all of his wives’ wishes…. Yeah right… 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Janelle married Meri’s brother… did he have the same mother as Meri or was he the son of a different wife?

Bonnie was his mother, I'm pretty sure. 

I remember seeing a pic on this forum of a weird garden stake thingy Meri got for her mom that had the names of her kids and their spouses on it (and Meri put "Meri and Kody" on it, HA HA HA, like they are a "couple"!!!)....anyway, Adam and Tami were two of the names that were also on it.

• Useful 7
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Janelle married Meri’s brother… did he have the same mother as Meri or was he the son of a different wife?

According to their bios online, Adam and Meri have the same mother (Bonnie) and father (William).

• Useful 7

Does anyone know if the Browns made money on the sale of their Vegas homes? Living in a house for 5 years almost always guarantees a profit. Maybe Janelle used that money (if any) to purchase the RV.

It feels to me the Browns are their own MLM scheme and at any moment their financial house of cards is on the verge of collapse.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the sales history for Janelle’s Vegas house:

E05E6072-635D-471B-90D0-384CC0643D0E.jpeg

Zillow’s estimate of a current asking price is $900,300.

Does that show Janelle bought it for $443,700 and sold it for $574,900?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Does that show Janelle bought it for $443,700 and sold it for $574,900?

It does, but when you take into account the real estate and legal fees as well as nearly a year carrying costs (mortgage, taxes, HOA fees and utilities) that are subtracted from her gross selling price, what appears to be a profit of $131,200 is dramatically reduced.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
13 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

It does, but when you take into account the real estate and legal fees as well as nearly a year carrying costs (mortgage, taxes, HOA fees and utilities) that are subtracted from her gross selling price, what appears to be a profit of $131,200 is dramatically reduced.

Right, but one has to pay to live, no matter where they live, so she still did make money. If she was renting during that time she would walk away with nothing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Right, but one has to pay to live, no matter where they live, so she still did make money. If she was renting during that time she would walk away with nothing.

She was renting during that time, they moved to Flagstaff I think before she even listed her house.  She was paying mortgage and carrying costs on her LV home as well as rent in Flagstaff for about a year before the LV house sold.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

She was renting during that time, they moved to Flagstaff I think before she even listed her house.  She was paying mortgage and carrying costs on her LV home as well as rent in Flagstaff for about a year before the LV house sold.

Right. I was referring to the Vegas house. If she lived in Vegas for 5 years as a renter, she puts money in the owner's pocket, not her own. Whatever the profit from the Vegas house was, she still came out ahead for those 5 years.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Right. I was referring to the Vegas house. If she lived in Vegas for 5 years as a renter, she puts money in the owners pocket, not her own. Whatever the profit form the Vegas house was, she still came out ahead for those 5 years.

I get what you meant now!  I agree, as a former realtor, I'm a huge advocate of home ownership.

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Exactly plus didn’t they purchase the prairie dog poop pond property before they left Vegas?

were they making payments on that as well? 
and didn’t she have the added expense of driving back and forth from Flagstaff to Vegas every week while she was the listing agent?

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly plus didn’t they purchase the prairie dog poop pond property before they left Vegas?

were they making payments on that as well? 
and didn’t she have the added expense of driving back and forth from Flagstaff to Vegas every week while she was the listing agent?

I'm not sure about the timeline Coyote Pass purchase, it may have been after the move to Flagstaff.

There was the expense of travel back and forth for showings and open houses and probably the added expense of motel and restaurant meals.  The LV house was empty, save for the fire-ass horse sculpture.  Of course, self-sacrificing Janelle, aware of their "finite resources", may have brought an air mattress and slept in a corner of the LV house.

Edited by Sandy W
spellink
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I'm not sure about the timeline Coyote Pass purchase, it may have been after the move to Flagstaff.

There was the expense of travel back and forth for showings and open houses and probably the added expense of motel and restaurant meals.  The LV house was empty, save for the fire-ass horse sculpture.  Of course, self-sacrificing Janelle, aware of there "finite resources", may have brought an air mattress and slept in a corner of the LV house.

They had a scene on the show of them in Vegas when the Flagstaff realtor phoned kody to tell them they got the property…. Was that just faked?

It drives me nuts trying to track all the lies 🙄

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

They had a scene on the show of them in Vegas when the Flagstaff realtor phoned kody to tell them they got the property…. Was that just faked?

It drives me nuts trying to track all the lies 🙄

You're right about that.  Thinking back, I recall Meri and Kody visiting prospective sites, I forget the name of the one that Meri liked but it may have been a more practical choice as it was already serviced.  Robyn squelched the idea of that one because Trees=Fire.  As I recall, Janelle liked that one too, but quickly shifted gears when she saw the way the wind was blowing with Robyn.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Here’s the sales history for Janelle’s Vegas house:

E05E6072-635D-471B-90D0-384CC0643D0E.jpeg

Zillow’s estimate of a current asking price is $900,300.

Sold for approximately 575k and now estimated at 900k…. (Times 4!) 

Ouch…Kody must feel absolutely miserable now! Coyote Pass has probably gained some value but in it’s current state, it can’t be a huge profit. The only house they own is Robyn’s and all the rest is wasted money on rent and not invested in property.

edited to add: I forgot to add the immense fortune the Flagstaff move has cost them! It was calculated out here that they spent close to 15k on rents and mortgages only every single month!!

Edited by LilyD
Edited to add
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

You're right about that.  Thinking back, I recall Meri and Kody visiting prospective sites, I forget the name of the one that Meri liked but it may have been a more practical choice as it was already serviced.  Robyn squelched the idea of that one because Trees=Fire.  As I recall, Janelle liked that one too, but quickly shifted gears when she saw the way the wind was blowing with Robyn.

I think that property was called “Cotton wood”

Robyn and her trees = fire BS yet her mansion is built in the middle of trees and they bought the lot next door which is more TREES! 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I get what you meant now!  I agree, as a former realtor, I'm a huge advocate of home ownership.

I’ve found it to be a nightmare. We lost money both times we have had to sell (and when we bought, at the time we paid more than we wanted to), shelling out 17k this last time. We told ourselves we’re never buying again until we’re ready for our retirement home. 

I understand why people want to rent. For people like us, who move often for government jobs, it’s easier. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Everyone except Robyn should have stayed in Vegas until their homes sold.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

They should never have moved to Flagstaff for Robyn's son to do one semester of college.  Robyn should have let him try it on his own if he thought he had to go there.

There are also colleges in the LV area that Day'un could have gone to and not paid out-of-state tuition for in first year.  A couple of minutes of googling (around the time of Kootie's stupid poster presentation, when they could have changed their minds) turned up places that high-functioning autistics can handle, and family life would have not been as stressful for all 23 of the Browns. A few minutes of googling also revealed that Flagstaff was not cheap and being a college town, there are not lots of rennals available in August. And many of us city dwellers suspected that running utilities out to the Prairie Dog Plague property would be really expensive, so why didn't Kootie?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I’m relatively new to the show.. what are ass-fire horses? 🤣

When Janelle finally had a home to call her own, she decided to decorate in a Western theme.  Her main feature was a metal sculpture over the fireplace of horses in full gallop, their tails flying straight back, giving the appearance of flames.  I can't remember which one of our clever commenters first noticed this and called it to our attention.  For some reason, this piece of "art" remained with the house when Janelle put it on the market for sale.

• LOL 5
4 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

Weren't they much worse than what's pictured above? Honestly the tails on those horses in the pic don't look that bad!

Does Janelle have other horses or have we made this much worse in our own minds?

We just MAY have dramatized this in our own minds.  I was sure the horses were galloping (not trotting) and the tails were flying straight back.  

Could she possibly had two and left this one?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3