Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

JMO but I looked through his gallery and you can color me unimpressed  😐

Most "designers" are not all about brown and beige, though the Browns seem to favour it.

• Love 7
21 hours ago, Saje81 said:

This popped up on my facebook newsfeed this morning and I couldn't resist.

85236455_2036435986488873_4945324803172073472_n.jpg

This. When you see someone like Meri so miserable, puffy and sour-faced (like she has a lemon in her mouth) on the show and then edits the shit out of her SM images (where’d the chin dent go), you just want to yell at them: YOU DON’T LOOK LIKE THAT! 

The harder someone tries to appear happy on SM, the less I believe them, especially when they heavily edit their photos. 

• Love 11
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

6 pictures, and some blah, blah, blah:

Those "retro" t-shirts with the colored bands are not flattering in the least.  Not only are the sleeves too tight, they hit at the exact wrong spot - giving her sausage arms.  Also, the shoulders are cut too wide so they pull funny.  I got some (admittedly VERY cheap) t-shirts on Amazon for somewhere between 5 and 6 bucks each.  They are FAR more flattering and probably better quality than anything you could buy from Lulano.

• Love 9

I wonder if Blair Michael is helping Meri with her online presence?

"The new world of marketing has arrived. Rooted in the ideas of David Ogilvy and Mad Men, Michael Blair Design specializes in bringing traditional and e-marketing campaigns to life for small and medium-sized businesses. With a staff of several and a network of the best copywriters, designers and marketing minds, we strive on creating the right vehicles that drive sales and increase your brand awareness. Our solutions include an integrated mix of direct mail, collateral, advertising, search engine marketing (SEO and PPC), blogs and more. By harnessing the possibilities of Web 2.0, we will stretch your marketing budget and make your competitors wonder just how you're able to do what you do."

Looks like he loves Halloween.....Blair Michael with his partner dressed as John Kennedy with his brains splattered on his shoulder hanging all over Marilyn Monroe.

2 PICS

Edited by Joan of Argh
link
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well color me a pearl clutcher but that's about as tasteless a costume as I have ever seen.  And I'm not talking about Marilyn.

I unfriended someone on Facebook who posted pictures at her "hysterically funny" daughter and the daughter's boyfriend.  They were going to a Halloween party as Jodi Arias and Travis Alexander.

I live in Mesa (where the murder happened).  Even if I didn't I would not find that funny, and decided I didn't want to be even FB friends with a mother who thought this was funny.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Even if I didn't I would not find that funny, and decided I didn't want to be even FB friends with a mother who thought this was funny.

That is just...........there are no words. What kind of a mother is this person?   That's beyond horrible.  I hope somebody confronted her but I bet her response would be "it's just a joke".  

What is happening to our world?  I hate COL's that expound on the way it used to be ad nauseum but never, in my life, would anyone I know do such a thing.  There were standards and lines that should never be crossed.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wonder if Blair Michael is helping Meri with her online presence?

"The new world of marketing has arrived. Rooted in the ideas of David Ogilvy and Mad Men, Michael Blair Design specializes in bringing traditional and e-marketing campaigns to life for small and medium-sized businesses. With a staff of several and a network of the best copywriters, designers and marketing minds, we strive on creating the right vehicles that drive sales and increase your brand awareness. Our solutions include an integrated mix of direct mail, collateral, advertising, search engine marketing (SEO and PPC), blogs and more. By harnessing the possibilities of Web 2.0, we will stretch your marketing budget and make your competitors wonder just how you're able to do what you do."

Looks like he loves Halloween.....Blair Michael with his partner dressed as John Kennedy with his brains splattered on his shoulder hanging all over Marilyn Monroe.

2 PICS

WHAT. THE. FUCK. 

That is absolutely deplorable. Tasteless doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface. What a piece of shit. 

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

That is just...........there are no words. What kind of a mother is this person?   That's beyond horrible.  I hope somebody confronted her but I bet her response would be "it's just a joke".  

What is happening to our world?  I hate COL's that expound on the way it used to be ad nauseum but never, in my life, would anyone I know do such a thing.  There were standards and lines that should never be crossed.

When is murder EVER funny?  Would they laugh if someone dressed up as their mother/father/grandparent who died of cancer?  I think it's really sick.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That room actually looks like it has good bones. If she got rid of the tchotchkes and doilies and decorated it more simply it could be charming. 

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, deirdra said:

No thanks, I prefer cotton sheets, not polyester.

exactly...  polyester sheets would not be a plus for me

She's kind of clueless... like her pointing out that she wants you to wash your face with a black face cloth so she doesn't have to worry about getting the stains out..... Yuck!  😣

She also put out a bowl of peanuts for everyone to scoop into with their hands... so freaking gross!.....  If you're going to provide a little peanut snack get the tiny individual bags like airlines... not a damn bowl for people to run their fingers through.  *barf*

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well color me a pearl clutcher but that's about as tasteless a costume as I have ever seen.  And I'm not talking about Marilyn.

Not only tasteless and deplorable but despicable! What is wrong with these people!???  What, next year dress up as someone that jumped out of the Towers to try to escape paired with a dust covered firefighter??? Equally despicable, but maybe something they could actually identify with and just maybe realize how awful what they did was?

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

this is funny... Blair Michael is promoting Lizzie's and this conversation takes place LOL

Pic expands if you click it

rsz_screenshot_1003.jpg

Aw, I hope she can make a go of it.  I hate the LulaRot, but I support someone's dream and hate to see them fail.

• Love 6

First the Inn was the home of a polygamist ancestor and then..........never mind.  Now a bunch of random old stuff that supposedly belonged to another ancestor.  For all we know she picked up most of that old crap a flea market. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Ok, to be honest, I think the belongings of her ancestors are pretty cool.  I wish I knew my family history and had things like that.  

that's part of the problem though... Like Kohola3 said...Meri doesn't seem to know her family history at all.

She started out saying her great grandfather who built the place or whatever was a polygamist and he wasn't so all of that was nonsense.... she went on about all the doors and that's how he went in and out to get to various wives... all baloney.

and who knows if all of the stuff in that cabinet is legit or if it's more of Meri's manufacturing history.

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14

That post is confirmation to me this Blair Michael is using Meri for her D-list celebrity connection, naming her constantly to draw her following to his own business. Meri in turn is using him as her ‘BFF that she is just soooo close with’, to try to make her sister wives and Kody jealous and also as her pretend boyfriend, to make the public think other men are interested in her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
54 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

That post is confirmation to me this Blair Michael is using Meri for her D-list celebrity connection, naming her constantly to draw her following to his own business. Meri in turn is using him as her ‘BFF that she is just soooo close with’, to try to make her sister wives and Kody jealous and also as her pretend boyfriend, to make the public think other men are interested in her. 

Wait - isn't he gay?  I thought someone said he was!??

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Wait - isn't he gay?  I thought someone said he was!??

Yes he’s apparently gay and coupled up, but she likes to milk her bff relationship with him on social media to the point of insinuating there’s more to it.  His benefit from that weirdness, is obviously the business she throws his way in the form of her fans, who are there to be used and bled dry. 💰 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Grammar
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

He’s gay, married, and also follows Mariah on Instagram. 

Meri used that guy from Van Lady Love the same way.  He was a happily married man but she was always throwing shout outs to him laced with innuendo and he would respond, no doubt grateful for acknowledgement and promotion of his band.  I think Meri perceives herself as an incorrigible FLIRT or at least wants to project that image to her diehard fans, who on the facebook sites are continuously exhorting her to "run Meri run".  She walks on water in the minds of devoted fans.

I think this Blair Michael and his husband may be the couple she met on one of her cruises and gave them a bottle of booze she had won, then posed with pictures with them, sending her followers into a frenzy of speculation.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Meri used that guy from Van Lady Love the same way.  He was a happily married man but she was always throwing shout outs to him laced with innuendo and he would respond, no doubt grateful for acknowledgement and promotion of his band.  I think Meri perceives herself as an incorrigible FLIRT or at least wants to project that image to her diehard fans, who on the facebook sites are continuously exhorting her to "run Meri run".  She walks on water in the minds of devoted fans.

And the thing is........there's nothing cute, flirtatious, desirable or sensual about Meri. Number one, her personality: Grating. Judgmental. Self-pitying. Her fucking "walls". And when she does that "flirty" shit, it's gross--like, knock it off you humpty-dumpty, sausage-armed, lumbering, whiny old sourpuss. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

And the thing is........there's nothing cute, flirtatious, desirable or sensual about Meri. Number one, her personality: Grating. Judgmental. Self-pitying. Her fucking "walls". And when she does that "flirty" shit, it's gross--like, knock it off you humpty-dumpty, sausage-armed, lumbering, whiny old sourpuss. 

Meri can't even maintain these "quid pro quo" friendships.  Sooner or later, they drop her when they realize that even the free publicity they get by association isn't worth the aggravation.  When was the last time we have seen or heard her mention Steele from VLLove or her BFF, Elisa Furr, the Celine Dion impersonator.  Blair Michael will be out the door before very long too.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 10

I get the impression Meri doesn’t have true friends, Meri’s motive in friendship is not companionship, but usefulness - how does this person benefit me?

Robyn was befriended with hopes of forming an alliance against her other sister wives and favouring herself with Kody for ‘acquiring’ his new trophy wife. She then used her as mediator between herself and Kody to manipulate him to agree to her wishes and wants, being as Robyn was then the obvious favored HBIC.  We saw in previous late seasons how Christine and Robyn had formed an alliance now during the catfishing  instead, so she’s no longer of use to Meri and that friendship appears over. 

‘Sam’ allegedly began with her trying to pull him into their green goo pyramid scheme, (probably again to favor herself with Kody as that’s really always her motivation - to gain an upper hand on those other wives), but then she thought maybe he could rescue her from her bleak sisterwife situation like a white knight. 

Cheryl the next ‘friend’ we saw, was simply a lady she could use publicly to verify her victim status in the catfishing. As Cheryl was also duped by Sam, Meri could try to validate herself as innocent and absolve herself of her part in it to her family and the public, by saying ‘see it happened to her too! Not my fault!’ I bet Meri dropped her like a hot potato when the cameras turned off and she’d served her purpose.

Most subsequent friendships appear connected to the cult-like MLMS and so will dissolve the minute someone leaves or moves up the pyramid. 

No wonder she’s lonely, her life is one big game of faux relationships. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Proofread
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19

I've read comments somewhere in the mass of Sister Wives threads about how there are always vacancies at the Inn.

Actually, their occupancy rate is probably the same as other B&Bs in non-touristy areas.  The problem is that (if I remember correctly), Kody's estimates of income were based on full occupancy, all the time.  That ain't reality.

His financial sense (or lack thereof) was the same with selling the houses in Las Vegas.  He was sure they were going to get top dollar within a month after listing the houses.  It's THAT mindset that has gotten them even further in debt.  They had to start making rent and/or mortgage payments in Flagstaff while they were still making payments in Las Vegas.  

I'd love to have a look at their credit rating.  They have a history of being very selective in what bills they pay.  Little things like car insurance are not at the top of the list.  As long as Mariah got to go to her private college, the rest of the kids could drive around (endangering the financial well-being of whomever they ran into) without insurance.

If that's "woke," I'll stay asleep.

• Love 18
3 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Cheryl the next ‘friend’ we saw, was simply a lady she could use publicly to verify her victim status in the catfishing. As Cheryl was also duped by Sam, Meri could try to validate herself as innocent and absolve herself of her part in it to her family and the public, by saying ‘see it happened to her too! Not my fault!’ I bet Meri dropped her like a hot potato when the cameras turned off and she’d served her purpose.

..... and Cheryl was the last minute replacement "friend" when "Christy" (another one of Sam's victims" cancelled.

IIRC one of the other wives made a snarky remark when Meri announced the switcheroo of friends.

It might have been Christine who said something like  "you just pulled one out of your other pocket like... here's another person!"  😂

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Just starting this episode and first thing I notice—Meri looks HUGE. She’s closing in on Janelle. 

Meri is built like a box.  Janelle may be larger but appears firmer in the flesh, even the contours that shouldn't be there, like her belly.  Meri has no muscle tone at all and has a slackness about her, starting with the face and working it's way down her body.

• Love 5

Is it just me, or does wearing a vest with a short-sleeved t-shirt look wrong to anyone else?  Meri wore that, and it was not a good look.  A long-sleeved shirt would look better with a vest IMO.  It just accentuated her sausage arms to wear the combo that she did.

• Love 8
On 2/8/2020 at 8:55 PM, Joan of Argh said:

and who knows if all of the stuff in that cabinet is legit or if it's more of Meri's manufacturing history.

The previous owner probably left the stuff; I think the place came furnished & tchotchked.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri is built like a box.  Janelle may be larger but appears firmer in the flesh, even the contours that shouldn't be there, like her belly.  Meri has no muscle tone at all and has a slackness about her, starting with the face and working it's way down her body.

I never get that far, I can't get past the orange makeup, the bad eyebrows and her nose.  Her face is huge.  I notice everytime she says anything she follows it that dumb laugh.  She annoys me

• Love 5