Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

As usual, Meri reeks of desperation.  Her sycophants are the only ones believing her made-up "jet-set" life.  

She is a fine one to talk about empathy.  Meri is so superficial, it's pathetic.

Since when has Meri EVER listened to anyone with empathy without making it about her?

The only way Meri allows empathy in her life is if she is the one receiving it. If it’s not her, her “walls” go up. As always, she comes across as a selfish, fake asshole. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

Since when has Meri EVER listened to anyone with empathy without making it about her?

The only way Meri allows empathy in her life is if she is the one receiving it. If it’s not her, her “walls” go up. As always, she comes across as a selfish, fake asshole. 

My question is how/why do they let her get away with it?

they all handle her with kid gloves.  When Christine confronted her about her behavior a couple seasons ago, I thought she was very loving about it.  Of course Meri dissolved in to tears like a child.  

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, Stefphill said:

Of course Meri dissolved in to tears like a child.  

She's never grown out of childhood. Has tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants.  Refuses to accept the blame even when it's apparent to the world that she's the cause of so many of her problems.  Posts pictures of pretend boyfriends.  She's pitiful.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

Gotta say, Meri looks so happy here! And her eyebrows are good!

Maybe. Maybe a filter. Either way, if those guys were really her BFFs they'd fix her coloring. Drives me nuts. Hair and makeup clash.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Stefphill said:

they all handle her with kid gloves.  When Christine confronted her about her behavior a couple seasons ago, I thought she was very loving about it.  Of course Meri dissolved in to tears like a child.  

Part of it is a learned behavior. When Meri was still HBIC she got to set the tone and topics or else, it's hard to unlearn many years of swallowing your feelings and words. Second is the fear that she will implode and take all of them down with her by saying what she really believes about Kodie, his other wives, and polygamy. After watching a season of Sister Wives, anyone with half a brain knows that the only happy ones are Kodie and Robin, and she would be a lot happier if she were the only wife. Polygamy sucks, but they've hooked their fortunes to selling it as one great, big, happy family and they're not going to take a chance that independent Meri screws that up.

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Stefphill said:

19 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Part of it is a learned behavior. When Meri was still HBIC she got to set the tone and topics or else, it's hard to unlearn many years of swallowing your feelings and words. Second is the fear that she will implode and take all of them down with her by saying what she really believes about Kodie, his other wives, and polygamy. After watching a season of Sister Wives, anyone with half a brain knows that the only happy ones are Kodie and Robin, and she would be a lot happier if she were the only wife. Polygamy sucks, but they've hooked their fortunes to selling it as one great, big, happy family and they're not going to take a chance that independent Meri screws that up.

It's a form of emotional abuse. To understand it means diving into the inner workings of their religion (which they seem very reluctant to do). Girls are raised that their greatest role is that of wife and mother.  Within the poly world they have to put on a smile and suck up all those irritating human emotions. Kody stated clearly on camera that the emotional well being of his wives is not his problem.  And during that lovely anniversary trip with Christine to Galveston Tx, he really proved it. He is big picture only and since "the wives signed up for this" it's too bad, so sad if you are having issues.  Put on a smile, swallow those anti-depressants with a glug of wine and make life fun for your husband. If you don't, well the next wife will.

Meri is harsh with her words.  She calls it "speaking her mind", but I suspect we see early Meri in the Mariah of today. Slowly over time of Meri being the black cloud of the bunch they all learn to curb their words, tip toe around what Meri wants etc.  Then years go by and Meri doesn't have the same voice with the addition of Robyn, and is now the big big victim.  Poor Meri can't say what she wants anymore...""gee I'll just hurt someone if I speak my mind, I'll just sit here in the corner of the family function and keep my big mean mouth shut."" I'm being very very sarcastic obviously 😉

Way back when they were all talking to that other family (Dargers?) and the wives said "hey, if you do another reset you should try sharing the kitchen". Meri's FIRST response, is "but. but. don't you want to decorate it the way YOU want!?" And they look at her and remind her that in the great celestial theme of poly life that is meaningless.  And then jump to that conversation with Christine about how Meri has so much baggage she drags with her and Meri admits that she is open and has fun with her friends.  DUH. She can just be herself with friends because they aren't sleeping with her damn husband and she isn't "required by god" to suck it up and smile for the sake of all eternity. All these bullshit posts about how much fun she's having in her LuluNo sponsored life plays two roles.  First it is a part of the whole MLM structure.  You have to make your life look like it's one big party so those newbies will jump on the sinking ship. And second, pound it into the face of her "family" that "she can do it all on her own...".🙄

• Love 15

That Girl!  She's a veritable whirling dervish of activity.  21 hours ago she was reveling in the attention of her pretend boyfriends in Portland, 12 hours ago a quick stop at Lizzie's for a photo op on the porch, 2 hours ago she's at the gym, then 1 hour later another photo on her Flagstaff deck.

#LivingMyWhyInMyNewBlueSuedeBooties

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

F8285694-7AFB-4CD5-9236-88CA98B3A8FB.jpeg

Okay, you youngsters on these threads...that second picture.  There has to be a name for that type of attention-seeking nonsense - it's not "humblebragging" but it's close.  "Wrong on so many levels, should never have left the house to go to the gym" is Meri calling attention to the fact that she went to the gym!  In the cold!  And this is where her sycophants fall in line and tell her what an inspiration she is, how awesome and motivating she is, blah de blah blah.  It takes time to craft posts like that (disclaimer - I have never done a IG story with cute characters and fancy lettering and honestly have no idea how easy or hard it is).  But for someone as gosh darn BUSY as Meri is - isn't this post and posts like it just a massive bunch of "look at MEEEE!" BS and nonsense?  Where does she find the time to live her actual life as well as create this oh-so-busy-and interesting fantasy life for her followers?

I will admit that I find this fascinating across the board, not just Mere.  I have a neighbor whose life is apparently the most travel and food-enriched, blessed, magnificent life of anyone in the history of ever, if her Facebook page and blog are to be believed.  I don't buy it.  If you have to constantly proclaim how awesome your life is, isn't there something missing?

• Love 13
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

Call me silly, but if I were cold, I'd wear a jacket that actually closes in the front.

Yup, after seeing that it looked like she was wearing the correct size INDOORS at the Christmas party she again chooses a jacket two sizes too small to stand OUTSIDE!  I KNOW I'm a COL, but isn't this wrong?

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F8285694-7AFB-4CD5-9236-88CA98B3A8FB.jpeg

Whaaaat. She dared walk to her car and braved the “cold” to go to the gym. She’s acting like she just made it through special forces training or something. Instead, we have a privileged pansy who walked to her car. 

By the way, Meri, the gym isn’t working for ya. Nice try looking for attention, though. 

Edited to Add: If ‘ol Mer wants to brag, I’d be happy to drop her off in Yellowstone for the winter—where employees must take a snowmobile to get groceries.  Also where some days is doesn’t get above zero  

Edited by TurtlePower
Afterthoughts
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9

I have wondered at times how different their lives would be if Meri had been a more supportive first wife and had mentored and guided Janelle in particular, who entered the group with no experience in polygamy, through the rocky shoals of the lifestyle.  Even Christine, who had generations of polygamy behind her, reached out to Meri and was made to feel unworthy.

Possibly if Meri had fulfilled her role with acceptance of subsequent wives, she may have built a strong enough bond and admiration from Kody, Janelle and Christine that he would never have entertained the thought of divorce to adopt Robyn's kids.  In the Darger family, Joe married twin sisters, 10 years apart and Valerie, one of the twins entered the marriage divorced with 5 kids.  The topic of divorce and adoption didn't even come up with that group.

It seems to me that Meri was totally unsuited for a polygamous lifestyle and should never have agreed to it in the first place.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

Edited to Add: If ‘ol Mer wants to brag, I’d be happy to drop her off in Yellowstone for the winter—where employees must take a snowmobile to get groceries.  Also where some days is doesn’t get above zero  

We were once in West Yellowstone.  Our tour guide told us that he's a year-round resident.  He said that the rule is, "If less than four people show up for a screening at the movie theater in the winter, we don't run the movie."

LOL.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I have wondered at times how different their lives would be if Meri had been a more supportive first wife and had mentored and guided Janelle in particular, who entered the group with no experience in polygamy, through the rocky shoals of the lifestyle.  Even Christine, who had generations of polygamy behind her, reached out to Meri and was made to feel unworthy.

Possibly if Meri had fulfilled her role with acceptance of subsequent wives, she may have built a strong enough bond and admiration from Kody, Janelle and Christine that he would never have entertained the thought of divorce to adopt Robyn's kids.  In the Darger family, Joe married twin sisters, 10 years apart and Valerie, one of the twins entered the marriage divorced with 5 kids.  The topic of divorce and adoption didn't even come up with that group.

It seems to me that Meri was totally unsuited for a polygamous lifestyle and should never have agreed to it in the first place.

Exactly.  The Dargers are even able to *gasp* show affection to each other in front of everyone.  and the women seem to be happy in that marriage...The Browns seem totally unfit for the lifestyle they’ve chosen. It’s like putting a square block in a round hole.

• Love 8
On 12/18/2019 at 2:39 AM, Roslyn said:

It's a form of emotional abuse. To understand it means diving into the inner workings of their religion (which they seem very reluctant to do). Girls are raised that their greatest role is that of wife and mother.  Within the poly world they have to put on a smile and suck up all those irritating human emotions. Kody stated clearly on camera that the emotional well being of his wives is not his problem.  And during that lovely anniversary trip with Christine to Galveston Tx, he really proved it. He is big picture only and since "the wives signed up for this" it's too bad, so sad if you are having issues.  Put on a smile, swallow those anti-depressants with a glug of wine and make life fun for your husband. If you don't, well the next wife will.

Meri is harsh with her words.  She calls it "speaking her mind", but I suspect we see early Meri in the Mariah of today. Slowly over time of Meri being the black cloud of the bunch they all learn to curb their words, tip toe around what Meri wants etc.  Then years go by and Meri doesn't have the same voice with the addition of Robyn, and is now the big big victim.  Poor Meri can't say what she wants anymore...""gee I'll just hurt someone if I speak my mind, I'll just sit here in the corner of the family function and keep my big mean mouth shut."" I'm being very very sarcastic obviously 😉

Way back when they were all talking to that other family (Dargers?) and the wives said "hey, if you do another reset you should try sharing the kitchen". Meri's FIRST response, is "but. but. don't you want to decorate it the way YOU want!?" And they look at her and remind her that in the great celestial theme of poly life that is meaningless.  And then jump to that conversation with Christine about how Meri has so much baggage she drags with her and Meri admits that she is open and has fun with her friends.  DUH. She can just be herself with friends because they aren't sleeping with her damn husband and she isn't "required by god" to suck it up and smile for the sake of all eternity. All these bullshit posts about how much fun she's having in her LuluNo sponsored life plays two roles.  First it is a part of the whole MLM structure.  You have to make your life look like it's one big party so those newbies will jump on the sinking ship. And second, pound it into the face of her "family" that "she can do it all on her own...".🙄

Thank you. I just love your posts. You nail it everytime. I read along nodding and exclaiming ‘YES! Exactly! Couldn’t agree more!’ 😆 

On 12/18/2019 at 4:18 AM, laurakaye said:

Okay, you youngsters on these threads...that second picture.  There has to be a name for that type of attention-seeking nonsense - it's not "humblebragging" but it's close.  "Wrong on so many levels, should never have left the house to go to the gym" is Meri calling attention to the fact that she went to the gym!  In the cold!  And this is where her sycophants fall in line and tell her what an inspiration she is, how awesome and motivating she is, blah de blah blah.  It takes time to craft posts like that (disclaimer - I have never done a IG story with cute characters and fancy lettering and honestly have no idea how easy or hard it is).  But for someone as gosh darn BUSY as Meri is - isn't this post and posts like it just a massive bunch of "look at MEEEE!" BS and nonsense?  Where does she find the time to live her actual life as well as create this oh-so-busy-and interesting fantasy life for her followers?

I will admit that I find this fascinating across the board, not just Mere.  I have a neighbor whose life is apparently the most travel and food-enriched, blessed, magnificent life of anyone in the history of ever, if her Facebook page and blog are to be believed.  I don't buy it.  If you have to constantly proclaim how awesome your life is, isn't there something missing?

100%. As a youngish COL in my thirties I can attest to the fact that it is most definitely immature humble-bragging (which I’ve witnessed in many of my peers since the birth of social media around 2005). If you are not a narcissist and your life is fulfilled and happy and you are secure in yourself (and that fact you are loved by people), you will not feel the need to seek validation and likes from strangers on the internet (besides passing on information and updating friends and family on genuinely exciting or important events).

I believe Meri is most definitely unhappy in her personal life to want to share such a filtered and calculated version of herself constantly on social media for validation. Well there’s that and she wants to pull people into her pyramid scheme. 

I truly believe, now it has become widespread mainstream communication and some people continue to update unwilling participants in every detail of their mundane lives, we will (and are) now seeing a backlash against it. People are overloaded with Instagram & stories, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat etc etc and are just over it. The likes and reaction counters have been removed and the people seeking validation and importance have had this aspect taken away somewhat.  It could be a coming of age thing also, but basically NONE of my friends in thirties now use social media besides for advertising purposes or genuinely exciting updates. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
And another thing...
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Meri defined herself as a wallflower in their book.  Along comes that rascal Kody, he of the Colgate smile and the curly blond locks - I mean, dude wasn't too bad looking back in the day.  He decides Meri is the one for him, or - more likely - sees a woman who will be accepting of the other wives Kody plans on bringing into the fold.  I will always believe that Meri thought that if she loved him enough and fawned over him enough, he would change his mind and she would be enough for him.  That was never the plan, though, as desperate as she was to have him to herself.  So I think any subsequent wife was probably going to get the full extent of Meri's wrath.  But Kodork is the fool who chose his current wife's ex-sister in law as the next member of his harum.  Perhaps had he chosen Christine next, or anyone not directly related to Meri, she might not have been such a shrew.  I think the combo of not only having to share Doof but to share him with Janelle made Meri's bitch-o-meter turn all the way up to 11.

I wish that someday, we could get the real story behind this very awkward and disturbing threesome.

13 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I believe Meri is most definitely unhappy in her personal life to want to share such a filtered and calculated version of herself constantly on social media for validation. Well there’s that and she wants to pull people into her pyramid scheme. 

Yeah, I keep forgetting that she works for a psycho named Deanne who probably commands her minions to post a minimum of 14 times a day, in at least 8 different outfits, with a prescribed list of banal platitudes torn fresh from her "Deep Thoughts" quote-a-day calendar.

9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

rsz_meria.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha MERI posted this?!?  hahahahahahahaha!

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 6
  • Love 9
14 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I believe Meri is most definitely unhappy in her personal life to want to share such a filtered and calculated version of herself constantly on social media for validation. 

And it’s not even believable! Meri׳s no gym rat. She may have linebacker shoulders, but it’s not because she built them with weights. 

Some is genetic, the rest she ate. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Well, apparently ol' Meri isn't as highly regarded by LLR as she wants everyone to believe since she wasn't invited to the exclusive party otherwise she would be in SoCal right now.

I seem to remember last year there was a great deal of bitterness among the troops.  Those at the very top were treated to first rate facility and meal.  The next level down were served finger foods in what appeared to be a concrete block warehouse with some pathetic paper streamers for decor.

This treatment is supposed to make the second tier of sales reach for the dizzy heights of Mentor status.  I think ol' Mer is at 2nd or 3rd level and at this point in the game has no hope of stepping on enough faces to get to the top.  Given Meri's attitude to all things, if she can't be HBIC, she won't come out to play. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Phoenix is a 4.5 hr round trip from Flagstaff - just to go Xmas shopping?  I wonder if she deducts all of her personal travel cost off of her LLCrap profits.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Phoenix is a 4.5 hr round trip from Flagstaff - just to go Xmas shopping?  I wonder if she deducts all of her personal travel cost off of her LLCrap profits.

I'll bet that she even deducts for a stay overnight at Lizzie's.  She would rationalize that if she wasn't occupying a room, it could have been rented out and we all know that they have 100% occupancy at all times.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Absolom said:

She'll use any excuse to leave Flagstaff won't she?  

She's not doing much to endear herself to the merchants of Flagstaff, I'm sure there are many shops and boutiques right there that could fulfill her exacting standards.  

I'm shocked that she isn't gifting LLR to those lucky enough to be on her list.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
On 12/17/2019 at 7:26 PM, Sofa Sloth said:

Thank you. I just love your posts. You nail it everytime. I read along nodding and exclaiming ‘YES! Exactly! Couldn’t agree more!’ 😆 

100%. As a youngish COL in my thirties I can attest to the fact that it is most definitely immature humble-bragging (which I’ve witnessed in many of my peers since the birth of social media around 2005). If you are not a narcissist and your life is fulfilled and happy and you are secure in yourself (and that fact you are loved by people), you will not feel the need to seek validation and likes from strangers on the internet (besides passing on information and updating friends and family on genuinely exciting or important events).

I truly believe, now it has become widespread mainstream communication and some people continue to update unwilling participants in every detail of their mundane lives, we will (and are) now seeing a backlash against it. People are overloaded with Instagram & stories, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat etc etc and are just over it. The likes and reaction counters have been removed and the people seeking validation and importance have had this aspect taken away somewhat.  It could be a coming of age thing also, but basically NONE of my friends in thirties now use social media besides for advertising purposes or genuinely exciting updates. 

Thanks. Who knew my life as a quiet observer and study of animal behaviorism would come in handy 🙄

I agree with the social media thing.  My mother told me about visiting her husband's adult daughter.  On social media her posts with her husband are over the top lovely dovey, smoochy etc 🤢 But in real life they hardly even interact with each other.  Any words said are short and to the point.  There is little to no physical between them (in front of people anyway) but you would think from reading what they post that they are a very physical touchy couple.

The internet (like polygamy) was supposed to make our lives better...

😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

There's a lot of good in the internet - I'm currently researching new cars and am letting several car dealers duke it out to give me the lowest price - and I love the Internet Archive and Amazon. But social media is just nuts. And it started so innocently.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

And it started so innocently.

I know!  I only got involved to keep track of friends and family all over the place.  Seemed like an innocent way to share pictures and news.  Who know it would become so damned deadly!  I only go there to post on the group page for our charity.  It's one of the most popular ways for the older generation to see our updates.  Also who know FB would be someday be the preference of Boomers but eschewed by the millennials! 

Personally I don't have any other SM leanings right now, it's too scary out there.  I am always amazed at the amount of info people post about themselves and especially their kids in this day and age.  Think of the things that predators can learn before you post things, folks!

<end of rant>

Even without SM, the Browns did an excellent job of showing us how horrible polygamy is and they are mild compared to some of the really zealous groups.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Another sly shout-out to her babycakes BlairMichael.

Hey, BlairMichael?  If Meri posts an IG with your name scratched into her arm, run.  Run like the wind, my friend.  

I guess a gay male in the hand is worth two vegan millionaires in the bush.

• LOL 22