Type keyword(s) to search

Meri Brown and her Wet Bar of Tears

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Bunker - please explain this to me?  The catfish psycho is STILL pretending to be a guy??????  After all that fiasco?

Yes that's what she is doing, I don't understand either. She claims she adopted 3 kids now, got married, moved to Paris and now has a biological child with her wife. She's not stopping the scam 

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

JO does know that Talon means claw, right?  Even in a twisted fairy tale nightmare this stuff is off the charts nuts.

I don't understand why she's pretending to be Sam still, everyone knows she's a middle aged catfish who's alone Oklahoma not working or doing anything with her life. Sad

• Love 2

I don't think it's sad, I think it's delusion on a scale not seen very often in humans.  Or any other mammal, for that matter.  She's in serious need of a padded room and some really strong meds.

What's sad is that there are probably people who believe her and she's probably catfishing new victims.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I don't think it's sad, I think it's delusion on a scale not seen very often in humans.  Or any other mammal, for that matter.  She's in serious need of a padded room and some really strong meds.

What's sad is that there are probably people who believe her and she's probably catfishing new victims.

Why didn't meri press some sort of charges for harassment. She's left everyone to be a victim of jo. So stupid

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Bunkerdown said:

Why didn't meri press some sort of charges for harassment. She's left everyone to be a victim of jo. So stupid

Because to do something like that Meri would have to a.) admit the whole truth to herself and b.) admit the whole truth on public records to everyone.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Because to do something like that Meri would have to a.) admit the whole truth to herself and b.) admit the whole truth on public records to everyone.

Which is SO ironic, if you think about it.  If one of the people "Sam" catfished BEFORE Meri had filed some sort of charges, Meri wouldn't have fallen into that trap.  I would bet you a ton of money that the Browns wished one of those ladies had pressed charges.  And yet - do you think THEY will spare others the embarrassment, pain and humiliation in the future?  Nay.      But of course it isn't even certain that charges COULD be filed or if they would matter in a court of law... or even if they would deter this Jo freak.   

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

or even if they would deter this Jo freak.   

Initials == J.O. for Jackie Overton. Just wanted to point that out in case you were thinking "Jo" was their first name. If you weren't confused, I apologize if I offended you and please carry on.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Bunker - please explain this to me?  The catfish psycho is STILL pretending to be a guy??????  After all that fiasco?

I didn't realize this either. Wow, this woman is invested. And insane. She gets so specific with things. She must keep notes. What kind of weirdo sets out from the start to breastfeed, but only for one month, then switch to Vegan formula? The whole thing is just bizarre. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

Initials == J.O. for Jackie Overton. Just wanted to point that out in case you were thinking "Jo" was their first name. If you weren't confused, I apologize if I offended you and please carry on.

oh, ha ha!  I DID think her name was Jo!!!  Thank you for pointing that out!  

7 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I didn't realize this either. Wow, this woman is invested. And insane. She gets so specific with things. She must keep notes. What kind of weirdo sets out from the start to breastfeed, but only for one month, then switch to Vegan formula? The whole thing is just bizarre. 

Right?   Call me crazy but I wasn't even aware that there were Vegan formulas!    Do you think SHE believes she's a guy when she's catfishing?  Is she a lesbian and she falls for these women?   What in the world does she gain from this?  I mean - I could see what she would gain from catfishing Meri  - in a sick and vindictive way - because Meri is a celebrity and it would garner J.O. a ton of attention for setting Meri up and sharing private messages.  But catfishing your average woman - what is there to gain?  Weird, weird, weird.

• Love 1
On 1/23/2018 at 7:54 PM, tabloidlover said:

Will Meri ever change that horrible hair do she has?   Ugh - it kills me to look at it.   Why doesn't anyone tell her it's not a good look?   Orangey blonde with 3 inches dark roots,  fuzzy and poofy with no style.   

I was just about to make the same comment! She looks like she has a bale of straw on her head--no shine, no bounce, brassy, shaggy terrible style. With all the great salons in Vegas (Paul Mitchell LIVES here), you'd think she could find somewhere decent.

Is she trying to go go for JO's look? 

Edited by TurtlePower
OMG. autocorrect really outdid itself this time.
  • Love 2
On 1/24/2018 at 7:07 AM, DakotaJustice said:

This is their main designer. Consider the source...he's lauded as a genius. I don't see it.

82F61F70-B85D-4267-A31B-B9C02537C4C3.jpeg

I'm sorry, but that skirt. If I had sewn that as a 9th grade home ec project, I would have received a failing grade. 

I just don't think I have ever seen an uglier line of clothes than the stuff in that picture. It seems like it has to be some kind of joke. Each outfit is worse than the last. Just mind bogglingly hideous. 

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm sorry, but that skirt. If I had sewn that as a 9th grade home ec project, I would have received a failing grade. 

I just don't think I have ever seen an uglier line of clothes than the stuff in that picture. It seems like it has to be some kind of joke. Each outfit is worse than the last. Just mind bogglingly hideous. 

Whoever styled this presentation should be fired.  The redhead in the fugly skirt is facially attractive, but the garments emphasize all of her figure flaws (and we all have some).  The top should not have been tucked in and whoever thought that their pasty white lower legs should be exposed is way off.  Don't they carry a line of leggings, that would have given continuity to that awful gap between the skirt hem and those hideous booties or whatever they call those shoes. 

I don’t know why I never thought of this before, but my brother is (mainstream) LDS and is on his third marriage. All wives were also LDS. I have never talked to him about what the divorces entailed but he is still a church member so he must have followed church protocol. So i’m thinking there’s a way for Meri to move on (which I want her to do). They already are divorced. I supposed she needs some kind of church elder to advise her. But is that Kody or is there someone else in charge?

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I don’t know why I never thought of this before, but my brother is (mainstream) LDS and is on his third marriage. All wives were also LDS. I have never talked to him about what the divorces entailed but he is still a church member so he must have followed church protocol. So i’m thinking there’s a way for Meri to move on (which I want her to do). They already are divorced. I supposed she needs some kind of church elder to advise her. But is that Kody or is there someone else in charge?

I don't know how that works either. They are not mainstream so do not follow their doctrine, but there must be some way to separate yourself from your spiritual husband.

But I'm sure it is not easy, and I would think there would be ramifications in the family and maybe the church. I don't know. 

Something that really struck me is how the family is talking about Meri pulling away like it is completely natural because she has no children at home - Robyn talked about how that happens in plyg families, where one wife is done with young kids and goes off and does her own thing. And Meri is discussing it like it is all a natural progression. And they keep pointing out how they are not letting her separate TOO much, yadda yadda. They are ignoring and/or glossing over the fact that we KNOW why this is all happening!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Discovery would be a bitch for Meri!

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't know how that works either. They are not mainstream so do not follow their doctrine, but there must be some way to separate yourself from your spiritual husband.

But I'm sure it is not easy, and I would think there would be ramifications in the family and maybe the church. I don't know. 

Something that really struck me is how the family is talking about Meri pulling away like it is completely natural because she has no children at home - Robyn talked about how that happens in plyg families, where one wife is done with young kids and goes off and does her own thing. And Meri is discussing it like it is all a natural progression. And they keep pointing out how they are not letting her separate TOO much, yadda yadda. They are ignoring and/or glossing over the fact that we KNOW why this is all happening!

Agreed, I think it's odd to say it is a natural progression. Janelle (via Maddie) and Robyn have/had young kids at home, Meri could, for instance, host a family dinner once a week. Then those households don't have to worry about making a meal or cleaning their house.

Or who knows how their finances work, but this is the perfect time for her to work like hell to help with retirement, college costs for the other children, savings, etc.

I know, I know, it's Meri and Meri isn't into to working or anything that isn't exclusively for living her why and making her happy (eyeroll). My point is there are ways she can contribute to the family and still be engaged even though she is an empty nester.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Agreed, I think it's odd to say it is a natural progression. Janelle (via Maddie) and Robyn have/had young kids at home, Meri could, for instance, host a family dinner once a week. Then those households don't have to worry about making a meal or cleaning their house.

Or who knows how their finances work, but this is the perfect time for her to work like hell to help with retirement, college costs for the other children, savings, etc.

I know, I know, it's Meri and Meri isn't into to working or anything that isn't exclusively for living her why and making her happy (eyeroll). My point is there are ways she can contribute to the family and still be engaged even though she is an empty nester.

In a perfect polygamy world, I think that's the way it's supposed to work.  In a sense, each of the wives are partnered with the other wives and share not only a husband, but support each other emotionally as a spouse would.  

I don't think this lifestyle is right for Meri, she grew up in it, so she should know what to expect and what is expected of her.  It's possible she has never encountered a well functioning polygamist family (if there is such a thing) and had no role models to pattern her behavior.  Kody and Meri have been in therapy before the show even started and if after all these years they still haven't reached common ground and acceptance, it's probably long past time to call it quits. 

The fact that she engaged in the dalliance with the catfish indicates that she is detached from the 'group think' where she could have taken her perceived voids in her life and embraced the concept of  'all for one and one for all'.  She has made a pariah of herself and I don't think she wants it any other way.

• Love 7
On 1/18/2018 at 1:56 PM, MrSmith said:

This is what always galled me about Meri's over-sized, unnecessary house - and Kody's refusal to rein her in. If it had been me, I'd have straight up told her she's not getting a huge house because she's got one kid and that kid is leaving the nest in the next couple of years.

I doubt there was any options of a 'smaller' house in that development.  So yea she wanted the wet bar which added to the cost.  But even if Kody put his foot down about the wet bar it still would have been a fairly large house, just different layout. They likely had a few options of floor plans to choose from but I'm willing to bet they were all within the same price range plus or minus features they wanted (like the wet bar). 

On 1/18/2018 at 12:14 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I hope Meri does sincerely love Sol. He seems like sweet, adorable little boy and he deserves to be loved by everyone. Because, yeah .... why not favor Truely?  Is a girl child less of a draw for Kody? Does Kody's obvious impatience with Robyn and her loud brood make using Truely as bait less likely to work?

Because at the time when Sol was born, Meri was the closest to Robyn.  She was not very close to Christine or Janelle. So to me it's not surprising that she would have more of a bond with Sol than Truely. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

I doubt there was any options of a 'smaller' house in that development.  So yea she wanted the wet bar which added to the cost.  But even if Kody put his foot down about the wet bar it still would have been a fairly large house, just different layout. They likely had a few options of floor plans to choose from but I'm willing to bet they were all within the same price range plus or minus features they wanted (like the wet bar). 

All the houses in that little development all share the same master plan.  If they bought there, Meri was getting a big house.  They could, however, have chosen a different development where there was some variety in house size.  They were limited further by their ability to get mortgages and they were able to get the large houses most of the women needed with interest only loans initially in the development where they bought.  So Meri got a big house and pushed it further with the wet bar option.

• Love 3

Ok, stupid question of the year maybe.... and this has probably been discussed to death..... but WHY the wet bar?  The vast majority of Mormons don't even drink.  Do the browns drink alcohol?  They probably do and I've never noticed... but not enough to warrant a wet bar!????

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Ok, stupid question of the year maybe.... and this has probably been discussed to death..... but WHY the wet bar?  The vast majority of Mormons don't even drink.  Do the browns drink alcohol?  They probably do and I've never noticed... but not enough to warrant a wet bar!????

Well she said she was going to use it for making pastries and such but I think really she just felt entitled to a bigger place because she was the legal wife at the time. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Kyanight said:

Meri's rationale for the wet bar was that she needed a place to display pastries when entertaining; which begs the question, when did we ever see her have the gang over to her home.  

The only time I have seen the wet bar utilized was back in the day of the commitment ceremony (I think), she posted a photo of some leaves she had made with a cake decorating bag to adorn something.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, Mya said:

I am confused what is she trying to say? what is MSW?   

I'm guessing Master of Social Work.  Not the med school track she was initially aiming for but still very respectable.  And honestly, how many 18ish year olds go into college expecting to pursue one path and find their interests actually lie in another direction?   Not faulting her one bit for a change in direction.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

In a perfect polygamy world, I think that's the way it's supposed to work.  In a sense, each of the wives are partnered with the other wives and share not only a husband, but support each other emotionally as a spouse would.  

I don't think this lifestyle is right for Meri, she grew up in it, so she should know what to expect and what is expected of her.  It's possible she has never encountered a well functioning polygamist family (if there is such a thing) and had no role models to pattern her behavior.  Kody and Meri have been in therapy before the show even started and if after all these years they still haven't reached common ground and acceptance, it's probably long past time to call it quits. 

The fact that she engaged in the dalliance with the catfish indicates that she is detached from the 'group think' where she could have taken her perceived voids in her life and embraced the concept of  'all for one and one for all'.  She has made a pariah of herself and I don't think she wants it any other way.

^ All this! ^

Meri and kody have struggled for years. If their relationship was stable, she may still go do her own thing, but I think she would be more involved and "present" with the family. The catfish incident drove a big wedge between her and the rest of the adults. Again, if she had a decent relationship with Kody, that probably would not have happened. I would have had no trouble believing that this is a natural progression IF things were ok with her and Kody and IF the catfish incident never happened. As it is, we can all see why Meri is so checked out.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

All the houses in that little development all share the same master plan.  If they bought there, Meri was getting a big house.  They could, however, have chosen a different development where there was some variety in house size.  They were limited further by their ability to get mortgages and they were able to get the large houses most of the women needed with interest only loans initially in the development where they bought.  So Meri got a big house and pushed it further with the wet bar option.

Exactly - and it's not her fault that they decided to buy in that development.  Snark on her for wanting a dumb wet bar - but it's not her fault she purchased a big house!

If I were Meri I would have been giddy to get that house and be an empty nester soon lol 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

Exactly - and it's not her fault that they decided to buy in that development.  Snark on her for wanting a dumb wet bar - but it's not her fault she purchased a big house!

If I were Meri I would have been giddy to get that house and be an empty nester soon lol 

Not me! As a single woman I would cringe at having a huge house to clean!! 

I'd be content with 2 bedroom 2 bath so there's a spare room for company. Not a five bedroom monstrosity. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

I recall Meri and Kody reviewing the plans of her house, and Meri's demand for the wet bar caused the "architect" to have to re-draw the blueprints once or twice.  I remember this, because I wondered how on earth she could become so petulant when her house was the last one to get finished.

• Love 4

They didn't redraw the plans.  The plans were already approved and on file with the city.  Meri chose an option that was already there.  They may have pretended to do something extra, but they didn't.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Not me! As a single woman I would cringe at having a huge house to clean!! 

I'd be content with 2 bedroom 2 bath so there's a spare room for company. Not a five bedroom monstrosity. 

I'm single and currently have a 2 bed, 1 bath and i am DYING for more room lol  I could probably get by with a 3 bedroom in my next house but I would love to have 4. But I do have purposes for those rooms! I often foster kittens for a local animal shelter so it would be nice to designate one room to them and another room for a craft room/office because I have an Etsy shop and currently my 'workspace' is all over my house =/  And then a spare room. 5th bedroom would make for a nice workout room IF the basement isn't finished.  A honestly if living in vegas with no basement I could easily fill up 5 bedrooms with storage stuff.  Keep 3 out of the 5 bedrooms closed off to cats and BOOM, minimal cleaning ;) 

• Love 4
On 1/25/2018 at 8:45 AM, Kyanight said:

Which is SO ironic, if you think about it.  If one of the people "Sam" catfished BEFORE Meri had filed some sort of charges, Meri wouldn't have fallen into that trap.  I would bet you a ton of money that the Browns wished one of those ladies had pressed charges.  And yet - do you think THEY will spare others the embarrassment, pain and humiliation in the future?  Nay.      But of course it isn't even certain that charges COULD be filed or if they would matter in a court of law... or even if they would deter this Jo freak.   

Someone did try to file charges on Jackie but she hid from being served and her mom lied and said she lived in Texas so since she couldn't be served case dismissed 

InShot_20180126_170448872.jpg

No one else has tried 

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Her mother never made her responsible and accountable for her own behavior! 

Like mother like daughter.  As I recall, her mother was arrested for embezzlement of some elderly person. I think she was caring for the victim but it was a while ago so i don't remember the exact details.  Valuable lessons learned at her mother's knew....

• Love 6

When they first moved to Vegas, they were selling the green goo shakes and supplements.  A lot of their contact with suckers was through home parties, and they often had those at Meri's house.  That's when she was using the wet bar for pastries.  It's also - reportedly - how she met JO, who later catfished her as Sam.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

Nothing that wasn't sweet? And only Sprite? 

Mormons aren’t supposed to drink caffeine.  And is there anything not sweet with “pop” in the name?

• Love 2
On 1/27/2018 at 6:59 AM, AZChristian said:

When they first moved to Vegas, they were selling the green goo shakes and supplements.  A lot of their contact with suckers was through home parties, and they often had those at Meri's house.  That's when she was using the wet bar for pastries.  It's also - reportedly - how she met JO, who later catfished her as Sam.

What's with Meri and pastries? First the pastry bar, now she's serving them at the B&B. Clearly, they're a really big dill to her.

The funny thing? To me, she almost looks like a pastry between her LLR clothes, orange spray tan and brassy hair. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

What's with Meri and pastries? First the pastry bar, now she's serving them at the B&B. Clearly, they're a really big dill to her.

The funny thing? To me, she almost looks like a pastry between her LLR clothes, orange spray tan and brassy hair. 

She's still an oompa loompa to me.  lol

• Love 2