Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Polygamous Cul-de-Sac

Message added by Scarlett45

I  understand the fear, concern, heartbreak, and stress in this current situation. I ask that we please remember the politics policy. Keep politics, political references, and political figures (past and present) out of the discussion.

Stay safe and healthy. 

• Start Topic

Yes, sorry. I'm fine. Here  in Covington we dodged the bullet and just had some rain. Thanks for asking. I hope you are doing ok. I ended up in the ER two days ago with very low blood pressure and dehydration so I haven't been on the computer. All's well now, though. Virtual hugs for your kindness. 

• Love 10

@Yeah No, are you doing okay?  Haven’t seen you post in awhile. This thread has been too quiet, how is everyone doing?  Nothing exciting here, just trying to get the kids ready for the start of remote learning next week. My first grader did get to meet his teacher in person today, so I’m thankful for that. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Kbo said:

@Yeah No, are you doing okay?  Haven’t seen you post in awhile. This thread has been too quiet, how is everyone doing?  Nothing exciting here, just trying to get the kids ready for the start of remote learning next week. My first grader did get to meet his teacher in person today, so I’m thankful for that. 

Hi, thank you for asking!  I am suffering from ups and downs and have a lot of issues lately, hence me crawling into my hole.  I am on the coronacoaster ride, for sure (how did they know about the banana bread?) My emotions have been all over the place.  One day crying and the next baking my almond flour/no sugar added banana bread.  I feel like life is constantly putting me in what I feel are "unsafe situations".  Like my well meaning friend who wanted to have lunch with me outdoors at a restaurant for my birthday.  I did it but was full of worry about everything the entire time.  Same with my husband who also took me to an outdoor seating restaurant on that week.  This is not a way to go through life.  Then too I am still dealing with my father's apartment, which is going much slower than I wanted thanks to so many reasons like bruising my rib last month.  My rib is better but now my stomach is full of acid and I'm on on Prilosec.  I have an appointment with the gastroenterologist next week.  About 5 years ago I had an H. Pylori infection and needed antibiotics.  I also had an endoscopy and found out that I don't have acid reflux nor any stomach scarring to indicate any past ulcer, so I doubt I have an ulcer now because I'm not prone to getting them.  But at that time I was under a lot of stress with a horrible new boss at work, so the emotional component was pretty much the same.  I am under a high amount of stress all the time these days. 

In the vein of "unsafe situations", this week my husband wants to have a few people from his family come down to my father's apartment to pick up some things they want, which is fine, but when I asked him how he was going to make sure everyone could social distance in the apartment, he blew up at me and accused me of not trusting him - I asked him if he didn't think I'd earned my right not to trust anyone when it comes to the virus and not to take it personally.  After all, I trusted my father's care giver and nurses and look where that got me.  He didn't talk to me for a day after that and I was crying a lot.  Then came the apology, which of course I accepted.  He is under a lot of stress too - still with next to no work and now no pandemic unemployment either.  He has a big job next week taking his moneybags client back up to Maine.  The client REALLY wants me to go, but I am just a mess right now and not feeling up to it, especially because of my fears.  I do trust my husband to stay safe by himself but I worry about me having to make trips to public bathrooms on the way there and back.  It's just too much anxiety.  Of course I still haven't talked to my doctor about getting back on an anti-anxiety drug, which he prescribed for me during menopause and which helped a lot.  I just feel bad about having to say "no" to Mr. Moneybags because he is so sweet and I really would like to go in a perfect world, like I did last year.  I still remember the trips to public bathrooms as being a germaphobe's nightmare and that was before the pandemic!

And now I'm reading about how they think obesity is one of the biggest risk factors in determining who does and doesn't go to the hospital, live or die, or even how well any future vaccine would work.  Technically I'm considered obese, however my new gynecologist (the old one retired) was amazed at how much I weigh - she told me I hide my weight very well.  And I do, I know that.  I am at the end of my rope with that too because I was thin my whole life up until menopause when no amount of diet and exercise helped to stave off the weight gain.  Gym memberships, bike riding, lots of walking, you name it, nothing worked after the age of 53 or so and the weight piled on.  Now nothing works for me to lose weight except starvation.  Seriously.  If anyone knew what I ate in a day they'd be shocked that I'm the weight I am (200 lbs. at 5'2").  I know it has to be "insulin resistance" but nobody I talk to seems to know how to deal with that.  Because of my A1C I managed to convince my doctor to prescribe metformin in the hopes that that would help me lose some weight (my friends on it say it helped), but right after that my stomach went nuts and so I haven't started taking it because I'm worried about it causing stomach upset (which is one of the common side effects).  I am not considered diabetic, just in the "yellow zone" but that is bad enough.  This entire pattern was exactly the same for my mother and grandmother, BTW, so I am sure it is genetically caused.  But now I also have to add this as yet another reason to worry about my chances with the virus.

I am trying to get enough walking in, but it's been rough because this climate is either way too hot, too cold or too wet.  It's going to start being nice enough to walk a lot outside soon for a couple of months so I'm hoping to be able to start doing that more.  I used to get more walking in by shopping a lot but I don't do as much of that anymore for obvious reasons.

In good news, my best friend is recuperating well from her hospital stay, so I am grateful for that.

We are coming up on the 19th anniversary of September 11, another horrible event that brings back a lot of bad memories (and PTSD) although I have so many present worries that I probably won't even think that much about it.  I am also upset about the state of the world these days and worried about our future, but I don't want to get into that.

So anyway, that's what's up with me.  I've been reading the other thread about all the "striving" sans Janelle that everyone is doing, and I'm happy and encouraged that everyone is doing so well.  I only wish I were up to participating right now.  But thanks for asking, it means the world to me that someone cares because right now I'm so depressed that I start to feel like no one cares, when I really know that they do.  Many (((hugs))).

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Hi, thank you for asking!  I am suffering from ups and downs and have a lot of issues lately, hence me crawling into my hole.  I am on the coronacoaster ride, for sure (how did they know about the banana bread?) My emotions have been all over the place.  One day crying and the next baking my almond flour/no sugar added banana bread.  I feel like life is constantly putting me in what I feel are "unsafe situations".  Like my well meaning friend who wanted to have lunch with me outdoors at a restaurant for my birthday.  I did it but was full of worry about everything the entire time.  Same with my husband who also took me to an outdoor seating restaurant on that week.  This is not a way to go through life.  Then too I am still dealing with my father's apartment, which is going much slower than I wanted thanks to so many reasons like bruising my rib last month.  My rib is better but now my stomach is full of acid and I'm on on Prilosec.  I have an appointment with the gastroenterologist next week.  About 5 years ago I had an H. Pylori infection and needed antibiotics.  I also had an endoscopy and found out that I don't have acid reflux nor any stomach scarring to indicate any past ulcer, so I doubt I have an ulcer now because I'm not prone to getting them.  But at that time I was under a lot of stress with a horrible new boss at work, so the emotional component was pretty much the same.  I am under a high amount of stress all the time these days. 

In the vein of "unsafe situations", this week my husband wants to have a few people from his family come down to my father's apartment to pick up some things they want, which is fine, but when I asked him how he was going to make sure everyone could social distance in the apartment, he blew up at me and accused me of not trusting him - I asked him if he didn't think I'd earned my right not to trust anyone when it comes to the virus and not to take it personally.  After all, I trusted my father's care giver and nurses and look where that got me.  He didn't talk to me for a day after that and I was crying a lot.  Then came the apology, which of course I accepted.  He is under a lot of stress too - still with next to no work and now no pandemic unemployment either.  He has a big job next week taking his moneybags client back up to Maine.  The client REALLY wants me to go, but I am just a mess right now and not feeling up to it, especially because of my fears.  I do trust my husband to stay safe by himself but I worry about me having to make trips to public bathrooms on the way there and back.  It's just too much anxiety.  Of course I still haven't talked to my doctor about getting back on an anti-anxiety drug, which he prescribed for me during menopause and which helped a lot.  I just feel bad about having to say "no" to Mr. Moneybags because he is so sweet and I really would like to go in a perfect world, like I did last year.  I still remember the trips to public bathrooms as being a germaphobe's nightmare and that was before the pandemic!

And now I'm reading about how they think obesity is one of the biggest risk factors in determining who does and doesn't go to the hospital, live or die, or even how well any future vaccine would work.  Technically I'm considered obese, however my new gynecologist (the old one retired) was amazed at how much I weigh - she told me I hide my weight very well.  And I do, I know that.  I am at the end of my rope with that too because I was thin my whole life up until menopause when no amount of diet and exercise helped to stave off the weight gain.  Gym memberships, bike riding, lots of walking, you name it, nothing worked after the age of 53 or so and the weight piled on.  Now nothing works for me to lose weight except starvation.  Seriously.  If anyone knew what I ate in a day they'd be shocked that I'm the weight I am (200 lbs. at 5'2").  I know it has to be "insulin resistance" but nobody I talk to seems to know how to deal with that.  Because of my A1C I managed to convince my doctor to prescribe metformin in the hopes that that would help me lose some weight (my friends on it say it helped), but right after that my stomach went nuts and so I haven't started taking it because I'm worried about it causing stomach upset (which is one of the common side effects).  I am not considered diabetic, just in the "yellow zone" but that is bad enough.  This entire pattern was exactly the same for my mother and grandmother, BTW, so I am sure it is genetically caused.  But now I also have to add this as yet another reason to worry about my chances with the virus.

I am trying to get enough walking in, but it's been rough because this climate is either way too hot, too cold or too wet.  It's going to start being nice enough to walk a lot outside soon for a couple of months so I'm hoping to be able to start doing that more.  I used to get more walking in by shopping a lot but I don't do as much of that anymore for obvious reasons.

In good news, my best friend is recuperating well from her hospital stay, so I am grateful for that.

We are coming up on the 19th anniversary of September 11, another horrible event that brings back a lot of bad memories (and PTSD) although I have so many present worries that I probably won't even think that much about it.  I am also upset about the state of the world these days and worried about our future, but I don't want to get into that.

So anyway, that's what's up with me.  I've been reading the other thread about all the "striving" sans Janelle that everyone is doing, and I'm happy and encouraged that everyone is doing so well.  I only wish I were up to participating right now.  But thanks for asking, it means the world to me that someone cares because right now I'm so depressed that I start to feel like no one cares, when I really know that they do.  Many (((hugs))).

Hugs. Seriously. I also dislike the state of the world nowadays, it is overwhelming. Luckily there are still good people in it, but they're hard to see through the forest of jerks. I have had bad days where I wondered if the world was worth living in, but I try to remind myself to concentrate on my bubble of family and friends. 

I get my exercise in and eat mostly healthy, but "well" is a relative term. 3 days ago I had a full on autistic meltdown over a situation I had no control over and was misled about. Like, bad. As in I have bruises from it. I think exercise is the one thing I have control over and do as a constant. I do not trust therapists or doctors much anymore, so I have no one to really reach out to. You guys on here are more understanding and I don't get a co-pay for it. Hugs to all. 

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Yeah No said:

That’s a full plate of worries for anybody, no wonder you’re feeling anxious. Sending big virtual hugs. Can I gently encourage you to call your Dr. about getting back on meds, though?  I know it’s hard, but just make that one call ❤️

• Love 2

It has been a tough day.

Here in Oregon the wildfires continue to consume the forests, the farms and my conversations with family and work colleagues.  It is hard to describe the light.  How it feels like twilight all day, and when you look to the sky it is orange.  It is a softer orange here in Portland, but as you get closer to the fires it becomes a brilliant orange, almost red.

Here is a photo from yesterday, around Salem.  I didn't take it--I am working from home, but it gives you a sense of how everything is surreal.  They say that the fires are once in a generation--like the pandemic and the recession.  We have 35 fires and 500,000 acres burning now.

Wildfire skies.jpeg

10 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

It has been a tough day.

Here in Oregon the wildfires continue to consume the forests, the farms and my conversations with family and work colleagues.  It is hard to describe the light.  How it feels like twilight all day, and when you look to the sky it is orange.  It is a softer orange here in Portland, but as you get closer to the fires it becomes a brilliant orange, almost red.

Here is a photo from yesterday, around Salem.  I didn't take it--I am working from home, but it gives you a sense of how everything is surreal.  They say that the fires are once in a generation--like the pandemic and the recession.  We have 35 fires and 500,000 acres burning now.

Wildfire skies.jpeg

WOW!!!  We have been having some serious fire here, too (Colorado).  And California....!   Last night I told my son that the entire western section of the U.S. is on fire.  Oregon, Idaho, Montana, California, Colorado..... did I miss any states?  On Sunday, ash was falling out of the sky just like it was snowing.  Our cars were covered, our clothes (if you walked outside) - everything.  I went to pick up a few items from Michaels... walked from the store to my car and the stuff I bought (didn't bother getting a plastic bag to put the stuff into) was covered with ash.    We wore our masks when we went outside, even if no one was around, because you don't want to breathe all of that into your lungs.

As bad as it was - we were NOT in an intense orange glow like your photo!  Eerie!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, PDXlulu said:

It has been a tough day.

Wildfire skies.jpeg

here in the Bay Area as well. 

Today I have to drive up to the wine country to see Mom - I'm so not looking forward to the drive at ALL. 

• Love 3

Good heavens!!!

I haven't been watching the news - I knew California was burning but I just pulled up a US Wildfire map and I cannot believe what I am looking at!  This is absolutely terrible.  I cannot believe this is real life anymore...hence, why I don't watch the news.  I fear I am becoming numb to reality.

Those of you in the danger zones, please stay safe!!

• Love 10

Yesterday was bad here in the valley near Modesto (California).  We are not close to the fires, but we are getting ash fallout and smokey air.  Yesterday the wind was so strong, as was the smoke. My parent's home has birch trees in the front yard, and now everything is covered in birch "litter".  It is all over the back porch, the back yard, the front yard, and the pool is a mess. I had to run to UPS in the early morning, and was so glad to get back home and out of the wind.  Today the wind has died down, but it is so overcast with smoke it  seems like it is 6:00 at night.  I'm glad I can just stay inside. I have to drive to Stockton tomorrow; I'm guessing the air will be even worse.  Stay safe, everyone!!

• Love 7

@Yeah No I've been thinking of you, too, and glad to know you're okay despite facing all these challenges. 

To everyone dealing with the fires, my heart goes out to you and your families. I've been in Nevada when fires were close by, and it was bad -- but never when the whole sky was red or orange from the smoke. It looks apocalyptic.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I read somewhere that the fires everywhere are a planned (arson) attack on the US.   Thoughts? 

The ones surrounding the Bay Area were definitely started by lightning. I remember the lightning storms all too well. 

Then there's the Creek Fire, started by a family filming their pyrotechnic gender reveal on a hot, bone dry day. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

I read somewhere that the fires everywhere are a planned (arson) attack on the US.   Thoughts? 

My thoughts are "nay".  Here in Colorado we have had an EXTREMELY hot and dry summer... with lots of very windy days.  I often joke that I feel like I moved to Chicago - the "Windy City".  That's definitely a recipe for fire disaster.  And of course it's hot and dry and windy all over the west (and elsewhere?) and you have stupid people who do stupid things - like set off fireworks when they are prohibited because of the fire danger, not putting camping fires out completely, etc.   And then you have the random person here and there who likes to set things on fire... but I don't think it's a collective effort to attack the U.S.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Kyanight
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

I agree.  It has been a very dry summer, the only vacations you can take are camping, and people are idiots.

The Almeda fire appears to be arson, but not extremists on the Right or Left.

They found a body, so likely related to that crime. 

• Love 2
On 9/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, DakotaJustice said:

The ones surrounding the Bay Area were definitely started by lightning. I remember the lightning storms all too well. 

Then there's the Creek Fire, started by a family filming their pyrotechnic gender reveal on a hot, bone dry day. 

I feel the gender reveal has had it's time and needs to go away.  Why not wait until the birth to find out.

• Love 6

When I read the posts mentioning ASMR in the Accountability thread the acronym sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. Then today, aha, I remembered. 

I am hooked on the ones w/ the RHOBH, like this one featuring Paris Hilton's aunts Kim and Kyle: Let's talk about the husband! LOL.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

I feel the gender reveal has had it's time and needs to go away.  Why not wait until the birth to find out.

Aside from the parents and probably the grandparents, who really cares?  When I was pregnant, my husband and I could hardly wait to find out the gender, but mainly because knowing somehow made it more "real" and we had longer to fight over the name.  We told our parents as soon as we knew, but they were excited about having a grandchild.  If one of my friends asked, I would tell them, but most of them didn't ask.  I believe they were happy for us to be having a child after so many years of infertility, but as far as boy or girl, there was very little curiosity outside of immediate family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Why not wait until the birth to find out.

For most people that ship sailed a long time ago.  But what we don't need are sex announcement extravaganzas.  Those need to go, IMO.  My daughter simply called me once they knew and called the other grandma.  That's quite adequate.  It's all more of the LOOK AT ME culture that we began in the 90s with the self esteem movement.

• Love 10

I'm old school on this, because when I was pregnant, ultrasound was only done if a problem was suspected.  Now that it's routine, I  imagine there are one or two couples that want a surprise, versus a ton of those who want to know what they're having, for whatever reason.

I like to think I'd still want to be surprised if I was having a baby now.  Times have changed, and to each their own.  But gender reveal parties?  I agree with @Pickleinthemiddle here.  Time to move on from that trend.  YMMV.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm old school on this, because when I was pregnant, ultrasound was only done if a problem was suspected.  Now that it's routine, I  imagine there are one or two couples that want a surprise, versus a ton of those who want to know what they're having, for whatever reason.

I like to think I'd still want to be surprised if I was having a baby now.  Times have changed, and to each their own.  But gender reveal parties?  I agree with @Pickleinthemiddle here.  Time to move on from that trend.  YMMV.

I didn't know what my babies were going to be - but I would have LIKED to have known.  However, there is no way I would have set up those elaborate parties with pink or blue balloons and colored cakes and whatnot.  Outside of your immediate family and best friend - people are content to wait and see what you have, when you have the baby.  So many people think that the entire world revolves around their personal lives - they post every detail on social media and expect everyone else "out there" to read every word, enthralled.  Kind of like the Browns.

• Love 9

How many gender reveal parties have been ruined when someone is not pleased with the colour that pops out and their disappointed facial expression is  preserved on video for the child to see later?  In this day and age of equality and gender fluidity, who wants everything blue w/tonka trucks or pink with tutus anyways?  The mother of the first gender reveal party (with just a cake) now has a teenaged daughter who dresses androgynously and wishes gender reveal parties had never become a thing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

True.  When I was pregnant with my daughter the doctor ordered one ultrasound .  Now doctors give one a month starting the 3rd month.  Even if there are no problems.  Back in the day, they only asked for a second one if there was a problem.

• Love 2

I heard an interview on NPR with the "mother" of the gender reveal parties, Jenna Myers Karvunidis.  She heartily regrets having done that and thinks the whole concept is way out of contro;.  She said she never dreamed that it would ultimately become so huge.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 9/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, suomi said:

When I read the posts mentioning ASMR in the Accountability thread the acronym sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. Then today, aha, I remembered. 

I am hooked on the ones w/ the RHOBH, like this one featuring Paris Hilton's aunts Kim and Kyle: Let's talk about the husband! LOL.

Oh my gosh!  I love ASMR and I love the RHOBH - I need to watch this later!

I do find it super interesting that ASMR triggers some people but not others.  I realize now that it was a trigger for me long before I even knew what it was or that it existed.  For instance in kindergarten, I distinctly recall that I used to love it when my classmates would bring up a paper bag with items for show and tell...the crinkling of the bags and wondering what was in them was the highlight of my 5-year old afternoon, LOL.  I only learned the acronym and that there are approximately 16579657575 ASMR YouTube videos to choose from a couple of years ago.  I'm glad I discovered it, especially with the great "Can't Sleep Because Can't Turn Off Brain" insomnia-fest that is 2020. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Oh my gosh!  I love ASMR and I love the RHOBH - I need to watch this later!

I do find it super interesting that ASMR triggers some people but not others.  I realize now that it was a trigger for me long before I even knew what it was or that it existed.  For instance in kindergarten, I distinctly recall that I used to love it when my classmates would bring up a paper bag with items for show and tell...the crinkling of the bags and wondering what was in them was the highlight of my 5-year old afternoon, LOL.  I only learned the acronym and that there are approximately 16579657575 ASMR YouTube videos to choose from a couple of years ago.  I'm glad I discovered it, especially with the great "Can't Sleep Because Can't Turn Off Brain" insomnia-fest that is 2020. 

I'm the opposite. 😆 Crinkling bags must affect my neurodiverse brain in a terrible way; I have to leave the room when bags are crinkling or the sound will send me into a fit. 

Yesterday I had a meltdown because of the sound of a wheel on a grocery cart too close to me. I tried to get away from it but didn't do it in time and after that, every little sound affected me. Cars' wheels in the parking lot, peoples' feet on the surface, everything. Sometimes, I clap my hands over my ears to make it all stop. 

• Love 7

I'm not posting this to offend anyone, make fun of anyone, hurt anyone's feelings or ANYTHING of that nature.  I'm posting this because it made me laugh and I thought in these troubled times it might make someone else smile, too.   : )

image.thumb.png.3b286d60fcfc16448603d225a6170390.png

• LOL 18
7 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I'm not posting this to offend anyone, make fun of anyone, hurt anyone's feelings or ANYTHING of that nature.  I'm posting this because it made me laugh and I thought in these troubled times it might make someone else smile, too.   : )

At least I slowed down while I waved.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

At least I slowed down while I waved.

And Janelle would choose a route to the gym that would pass by one or more drive-thru fast food joints.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

On August 8th I posted that I lost an inch from my waist after one week of using the fat freezing belt.

Today is Sept 16th and I have lost three more inches. 

Unrelated to that, the best part is losing two knobs like rectangles that were on the way to being something like a shelf, at the top of my butt. Sorta like love handles but in the back and not on the side.

They were a little bit below my waist and I didn't think to measure there but they are gone. Smooth rounded contour there now. Gone.

I have realized that flushing out the murdered fat cells is a process that varies so I am relying on seeing changes in how my clothing fits rather than measuring every week. 

Belly fat used to be firm and now is soft and pliable. I read somewhere that firm fat likes to stay and soft fat is ready to leave if you make an effort to move it along. 

(I don't have a scale).

Needless to say, I am stoked!

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, suomi said:

On August 8th I posted that I lost an inch from my waist after one week of using the fat freezing belt.

Unrelated to that, the best part is losing two knobs like rectangles that were on the way to being something like a shelf, at the top of my butt. Sorta like love handles but in the back and not on the side.

They were a little bit below my waist and I didn't think to measure there but they are gone. Smooth rounded contour there now. Gone.

I have realized that flushing out the murdered fat cells is a process that varies so I am relying on seeing changes in how my clothing fits rather than measuring every week. 

Belly fat used to be firm and now is soft and pliable. I read somewhere that firm fat likes to stay and soft fat is ready to leave if you make an effort to move it along. 

(I don't have a scale).

Holy Hell!  I need to get my butt in gear and get to freezing my fat!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, suomi said:

(I don't have a scale).

Where would a person get a fat freezing belt? Asking for a friend.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, the-grey-lady said:

Where would a person get a fat freezing belt? Asking for a friend.

I got mine from Amazon for $99, it's called Isavera. You can also buy direct from the website, same price.

3x per week/every other day for 60 minutes is recommended but every day is OK if you alternate where you wear it.

Customer service is very good, the owner responds to emails w/in 24-48 hours.

I think your friend will like it. 😉

• Useful 6
  • Love 5

I started weekly grocery pickup from WalMart last winter, $35 minimum, delivery was not an option.

A month ago delivery became available but the cost was $8 - $12 per order, depending on time of day, plus tip, no bueno. 

Two weeks ago unlimited delivery began, $13 per month. During my 2-week free trial they rolled out unlimited delivery for $98 per year.

That's $8 per month so $2 weekly. The drivers don't pick the items, they only deliver, and they put everything inside a large plastic tub on the porch for me. I've been doing a $4 tip on a $60 order.

Only once has the time I wanted not been available, and they are good about knocking on the door to say it's on the porch and I answer through the window. 

Substitutions are the original price even if the substitution costs more. One example: 16 oz block of cheddar instead of the 8 oz block I ordered.

We will be navigating the front steps and driving the icy roads during the winter much less often now and we are grateful for that. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
46 minutes ago, suomi said:

We will be navigating the front steps and driving the icy roads during the winter much less often now and we are grateful for that. 

I will have to check that out.  I am still doing the curbside pick up  and have been lucky with that but I don't know if delivery is available in my neck of the woods.  It would certainly be helpful in the bad weather since it's about an hour round trip for me to do the pick up.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I had to look - the artist did a really good job on the ladies except Christine. Robyn and Jenelle are particular accurate. 

If you scroll through the comments you'll see a few of the pages. Didn't really capture FT but he is surrounded by flying tacos so there's that...

• LOL 6