Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E07: Play To Win

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Anyone have a final vote count for how many times 'Bayon' 'Ta'Keo' 'numbers' 'alliances' and 'second chance' were uttered in this episode?

Ciera's quite a little shit stirrer.  Didn't know she had it in her.  Loved the look on Kelley's face during that smack down.  And Ciera had really good logic at tribal.  Hopefully people that didn't want to go with the vote this time listen.

I wish they did more old school challenges than the more recent ones.

They made this pretty obvious Kass was going, eh?  Really wish they had been able to flip the vote.  I'll miss Kass.  This season is going to go downhill fast if people don't flip.  I'd really love to know what Stephen did to piss the editors off.  Maybe the tribe really did like his moment of poetry, but the looks on their faces said otherwise.  Not surprised he was the first one out of the challenge.  No doubt felt safe.  Merge tribe is Orkun?  I missed them coming up with that.  Beats that godawful name they came up with last season.  Also, this 'previously on Survivor' seemed like one made for the finale.  Really bored by all the strategy talk this episode.  And everyone wanting to target Joe and Spencer (shocker). Zzzz...does Joe hold the record so far for most hashtags this season?  Must be nice having people want to work with you this time, instead of just wanting to target you.  As if Joe hasn't done enough of a good job reminding people why he's a threat, he's got Probst to help him out.  Probably one time Joe could have lost and likely been safe.

I love Andrew, but grow up.  I'm with the conspiracy theorists who believe they did the merge early to ensure he would make it this time.  He already is acting like a wimpy non leader.  Also, Andrew doesn't get that having a majority alliance doesn't mean they will hold tight until it is down to the 7.  Joe is right that he is playing this game with his heart too much.  Spencer really seems to get what he's doing wrong and how to fix it to keep trucking along-even if it is by the skin of his teeth.  Good for him being able to put the past behind him.  I want to keep liking Tasha, but not if she's going to be petty like that.  That is what helped ruined the first AS season for me.  And Ciera said she was nervous about Savage but do these people forget pulling one over on someone might come back to bite them?  They were quite open talking about who got blindsided in the Woo vote.  Did Kimmi bring it up?  Smart if that was strategy.

I wasn't impressed with everyone 'oohing' and 'aahing' over the 13 person merge.  I still think they should have dumped them at Angkor beach with absolutely nothing.  I miss when they used to get drunk at the merge feast.  Congrats to Kelley and Kimmi for making this milestone that they missed last time.  

Jeremy is still winning this game on every level for me.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 13

Man.... the amount of talk tonight was unreal, and I loved it. All the strategizing and stuff was great! THAT is what I want to see with this show. The facial expressions at tribal were brilliant. Fishbach made a good point about three small women being a threat and on the voting block, but at the same time, he doesn't realize (with all his fandom knowledge) that at this point size doesn't necessarily matter. Being able to convince someone to vote one way, being able to stand on a stick for 6 hours... that's what matters.

Wildly split vote, awesome!! And one for Savage!! HA!!

• Love 11

Why the hell did Savage expect loyalty from Ciera when he made it clear that she was at the bottom of Old Takeo in his mind?

Paging Wigglesworth and Kimmi...

Who was the lone vote for Savage? Wigglesworth? I know Keith voted for Kass, and I would imagine that everyone else seemed to be tightly allied with at least one other person.

Color me surprised that Abi Maria did not receive one confessional tonight and that she didn't vote with the majority (I think she voted for Tasha).

Edited by jsm1125

Thank you, Survivor gods. The show just got so much better with that horrible woman gone.

Cierra voted for Savage and Wentworth voted for Kass? I guess it wasn't as suspenseful as I thought.

• Love 9

Now that was all out Survivor.  I enjoyed the chaos, especially Tasha v Kass.  So long Kass and her arrogant ass. 

Fishback is so socially inept, it is really awkward to watch in a social game, not that he has any other strengths in the game of Survivor. 

In the beginning, I thought the editing was leaning towards a Savage elimination and I'd have been very gleeful if even a merge couldn't save him, ah well maybe next time.  Kass' boot was also satisfying.

• Love 9

Okay I am saying this not seeing who voted for who - but this is why I wouldn't go out of my way to save anyone.  Kass saved Spencer - and put her neck on the line, when she could have (and I wish would have) voted Spencer out. Next game, all Spencer had to do was write down Tasha, and it would have been up in the air for the next round and it would have been okay, and he didn't

so. basically. stick with your gut  and don't "save" people. very, very rarely does it ever work back in your favour (Natalie  in SdS      is the only exception I can think of right away)

was a good episode.

also though. a merge at 13.... that is going to be one mighty long Final tribal. Unless they have a final four. ..?

- (okay just saw the breakdown - so yes

• Love 1

Who voted for Savage?!?! My DVR crapped out as soon as Kass started giving her exit interview.

Ciera.

I wonder if Kass called out the Ta'Keo 5 alliance.  Her and Ciera were already screwed, why not put the pressure on Joe/Keith/Wentworth.

Guess the Chaos didn't work so well for Kass this time. I'm not sure why she thought stirring up that dramatic argument and drama with Tasha was going to help her. So did Spencer throw his vote away with that one random Savage vote? It was an interesting spot he was in. Personally I thought he should have gone with the Ciera vote - it would have kept him loyal to Kass for saving him and not having to vote for Tasha. And frankly, I almost wanted Ciera voted off after her tribal council blabbering because I found her incredibly annoying.

Girl don't lecture people that they're not playing just because their plan isn't in your favor and just because in your original season you stupidly missed the blatant obvious that you were fourth in your alliance and only realized when you didn't have the numbers to change things even after you were given a heads up. And they just showed the vote count and seems like Spencer did vote Ciera and Ciera was the one who threw in the random Savage vote.

Okay so the point of that was what exactly? That makes me think Ciera was well aware the numbers were going to Kass and there was nothing they could do about it and she decided to just throw a vote at Savage who she really, really does not seem to like very much. It is sad that as soon as they showed up to the challenge I thought "well Joe's going to win" and he does. It will be very interesting to see how much of a challenge beast he turns out to be in this game.

I think Spencer is smart to sort of stick close to him so focus is off him a bit as Joe goes on to win everything. Speaking of the challenge, man that sucks for Spencer - twice the runner up. But it looked like his legs just gave up under him. It will be interesting if he and Tasha find a way to work together because it does seem like they are still close and trust each other. 

eta: Okay, everyone's reaction to Fishbach's poem was hilarious. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7
They made this pretty obvious Kass was going, eh?  Really wish they had been able to flip the vote.  I'll miss Kass.

I won't. I wanted her to be voted out first.  She is an untrustworthy liar and her "Chaos" strategy is ridiculous. I can't believe that she was even voted in at all.  She must have been near dead last like Keith.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 15

So, Ciera...correctly reading the room and determining Kass was the target of the majority, decides that she's not going to vote Tasha (in an attempt to work with her down the line, I suppose), but instead votes...Savage. Who is working with Tasha. Apparently unbeknownst to Ciera? It's like she only read half the room.

What an odd, random vote.

• Love 8

Man.... the amount of talk tonight was unreal, and I loved it. All the strategizing and stuff was great! THAT is what I want to see with this show. The facial expressions at tribal were brilliant. Fishbach made a good point about three small women being a threat and on the voting block, but at the same time, he doesn't realize (with all his fandom knowledge) that at this point size doesn't necessarily matter. Being able to convince someone to vote one way, being able to stand on a stick for 6 hours... that's what matters.

Wildly split vote, awesome!! And one for Savage!! HA!!

In what world is Tasha a "small woman" especially coming from Stephen who I am quite sure would get his ass kicked by her.  Just sayin'

• Love 24

My guess is Ciera voted for Savage because she knew they didn't have the votes for a Tasha blindside.  So she cast a personal vote against Savage.

I guess I'm in the minority that this episode bored me because it was ALL strategy talk.  I knew Kass or Ciera was going, and they were trying to make it look suspenseful with a possible Tasha blindside.

• Love 4

Savage is such a hypocrite. He seems to think if people don't follow his lead, they're morally inferior. He's so ridiculous. He and Tasha seem to be playing the same bad social game. Don't they realize the people they're villainizing are going to have a million dollar vote? Not smart.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15

Kass would have stayed if she had just avoided getting into it with Tasha.  She and Spencer managed to call a truce on their old game wounds, so I wonder why she just had to have a go at Tasha.  It wasn't smart.

At least she's in the jury.  Hope her one vote costs someone the million.

Are we sure on that?  I didn't hear Probst say it.  Usually the first person out after a merge doesn't make the jury.

Certainly interesting that Ciera is the one that voted Savage.

I like sneaky  Joe weighing both sides.  Maybe Spencer will have a good influence on him.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 3

I was going to organize my thoughts, but there is no way I can organize my hatred of Kass.  I barely noticed her in the first 6 episodes, but god, all of my hatred of her from Cagayan came back today.  It was pouring out of me.  I swear.  She made me so uncomfortable.  It actually made my stomach hurt.  God, I hate, hate, hate, hate that woman.  I don't think I ever felt like this for Abi.  Abi was more befuddlement or something.... some removed, distant emotion.   But now I remember my hatred of Kass.   Now Chaos Kass is GONE!  AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

Wow, Ciera voted for Savage. I wanted Savage to be so confused that he voted for himself.   I wonder why she did not vote for Tasha.  ??!  Did those 4 women go in thinking they had no chance at flipping Spencer?  Also Kelley Wentworth voted for Chaos Kass, so she was not loyal to her Evil Blondes + Ciera alliance at all.  Abi turned out to be loyal and outside of the vote (FIRST TIME?).  Tasha's face when she voted for Kass was great.

Andrew's talking heads at the beginning of the game were hilarious.  I'm not even laughing AT him, I don't think.  I think I'm finding him hilarious and entertaining.  It's like he's the only person actually making this show a "Show".

It was HILARIOUS when Tasha started snapping her fingers after Fishbach's poem reading or whatever.  

By the way, who placed their bets on Fishbach being #1 out of that Immunity Challenge and Joe being last man standing?  I do like Fishbach's glasses though.  LOL.  To me, it was really clear that Jeremy dropped out when he was in 3rd place.  I believe Kass dropped out too.

So glad I don't have to see Kass's face or outfits anymore.  Her outfits drove me to rage this episode that's how much I hated her.  

Jeremy is so hot.  And it's not just his looks.  It's his attitude, his poker face towards everything.  His hoodie.  Everything.  Everything he wears is part of cloaking him in this game.  

The clip of Spencer from Cagayan saying "Kass - ZERO chance of winning this game" and shaking so indignantly and nerdily will never not be amazing.  If you haven't watched Cagayan - you HAVE to.  God do I wish they could bring back Woo.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 17

Kass would have stayed if she had just avoided getting into it with Tasha.  She and Spencer managed to call a truce on their old game wounds, so I wonder why she just had to have a go at Tasha.  It wasn't smart.

Are we sure on that?  I didn't hear Probst say it.  Usually the first person out after a merge doesn't make the jury.

Certainly interesting that Wentworth is the one that voted Savage.

I like sneaky  Joe weighing both sides.  Maybe Spencer will have a good influence on him.

Yes Probst said she was the first member of the jury.

Sad to see Kass leave the game though.

Edited by LanceM
  • Love 8

Wow, Savage, the bitterness runs deep in you.  Not an attractive trait, that.

Joe catching the ball when he won immunity was cute.  Tasha was cute when she lost, too, letting the ball bonk her on the head.

But that immunity necklace looks like something that would have been rejected from inclusion in King Tut's tomb on the grounds that it is too ostentatious.  Survivor must really love their second-chancers.

Glad Kass is gone.  I try not to dislike her, but I can only take an occasional few seconds of hearing her basking in her "Chaos Kass" crap, and I have a feeling there was going to be a lot of it if she didn't get voted out quickly. 

• Love 16

Kass is an idiot.  I'm glad she's gone.  I think Spencer made the right choice.  He should keep quiet about flipping.

That whole thing with Tasha was stupid.  Pushing a confrontation at that point in the game is a bad idea.  Ciera was stupid to chime in too.  The "anybody but me" strategy is best.  Let somebody else make himself a target.

"Let's Play!"  She's right, but it's not a smart thing to say.

I hope Tasha goes next.  Never could stand her.

Abi was strangely quiet.  Why did she vote for Savage?  He can go soon too.

Not my favorite episode.

eta:  oops, missed the Savage vote.

Edited by PaperTree
  • Love 3

I remember hearing Probst telling Kass that she was the first member of the jury. It's random, but some seasons had the first merge boot be part of the jury, like Samoa, Nicaragua, Redemption Island, South Pacific, One World, Philippines, and Cagayan. Though it's hard to say if San Juan Del Sur would have put the first merge boot on the jury had Julie not quit in 12th place.

• Love 1

I always love the first vote after the merge.  You really don't know what everyone is thinking and it seems like everybody is overplaying this season, making it chaotic.

I'm not sorry to see Kass go as I've never liked her.  Causing chaos will only work once Kass.  It will surely cause people not to trust you moving on so make it good that one time.

A dream come true for me was Spencer and Joe working together...2 of my favorites.

• Love 11

I was 99% sure I heard him say 'first member of our jury'.  Maybe I heard wrong.  Usually the first merge boot is the last pre-juror, but they are changing everything else this season.

• Love 2
Wow, Ciera voted for Savage. I wanted to Savage to be so confused he voted for himself.   I wonder why she did not vote for Tasha.  ??!  Did those 4 women go in thinking they had no chance at flipping Spencer?  Also Kelley Wentworth voted for Chaos Kass, so she was not loyal to her Evil Blondes + Ciera alliance at all.  Abi turned out to be loyal and outside of the vote (FIRST TIME?)  Tasha's face when she voted for Kass was great.

Wonder if Ciera voted for Savage just to mess with his mind.  Evil Blondes alliance--oh how I love it.  Can it possibly be that the women are out-playing the men?  I have high, high hopes for Tasha, Ciera, and Wentworth.

• Love 2
The clip of Spencer from Cagayan saying "Kass - ZERO chance of winning this game" and shaking so indignantly and nerdily will never not be amazing.  If you haven't watched Cagayan - you HAVE to.  God do I wish they could bring back Woo.

I wish they'd bring back the entire cast and let them play again.  That was such a great season.  I agree, for anyone who hasn't watched it and wants to catch up on past Survivor seasons, Cagayan is definitely a must.

• Love 6

I guess I'm my own cliche. I didn't know how much I wanted Joe to stay, until he was up against Spencer at the end of the IC. It's neither here nor there, but Joe reminds me of Jamie from the "Outlander" books. Or maybe he reminds me of Sam Heughan. I don't know. But I'm a cliche.

I used to really like Ciera, but she's rubbing me the wrong way this time. She's coming off as trying to be too clever, like she's trying to prove that she's still the person who "voted off my mom!" 

Can I trade in a Savage for a Varner? Savage sounds so angry. Varner went for the funny. 

Wentworth seems to be getting the winner's edit. Since Day 1.

Keith got a confessional! And Wiglesworth contributed a comment regarding vote strategy! 

Stephen with the Evolution of Strategy shout-out for RHAP. I'm still on the fence about Stephen. But I like that he's still there. I think he brings a unique presence.

Tasha's strategy of going with the guys is seeming to pay off.

Turns out that a merge at 13 is kinda fascinating. 

• Love 10

I wish they'd bring back the entire cast and let them play again.  That was such a great season.  I agree, for anyone who hasn't watched it and wants to catch up on past Survivor seasons, Cagayan is definitely a must.

Except for its' winner.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 17

Ciera voted for Savage. 

It seems every time Spencer gets in trouble, there is a tribe split or tribe merge.

And an immunity challenge that Spencer was good at.

Just saying.

If they were so desperate to manipulate things to keep Spencer safe, they could have just stacked it so his tribe won the immunity challenge. Easiest way to keep him in the game is to make sure he doesn't have to go to tribal council. I find the conspiracy theory about Spencer kind of amusing. Here's a guy who thanks to the way the numbers stacked up every time a switch-up happened, immediately ended up at the bottom and yet some are still seeing a conspiracy to keep him in the game.

I guess if you try hard enough you can see a conspiracy anywhere. And I am especially fascinated as to what's so special about Spencer that Probst and company would be manipulating like crazy to keep him around. Yeah he's popular with some viewers but so's Joe who's also got the "hearthrob" thing going for him. 

Skeeter22, you have an odd obsession with belittling Tasha that I don't understand.  That was not a "bad social game" from her tonight.  She had every right to "villainize" Kass this time (and even then, I do not think that was what she was doing so much as just not giving Kass and inch and instead giving her rope to hang herself with) since she was going back to her old way.  The old ways that made her and Spencer's games so miserable in Cagayan.

I don't understand why Kass got so offended and angry about Tasha not being forthright with her and clearly not trusting her. I don't think it means Tasha is holding on too much to the past to not completely trust a woman who the last time she played with her, screwed her over. Survivor is a lot about trust and if you cannot trust someone then yeah, probably best not to work with them if you don't have to and Tasha didn't need Kass. 

The interesting thing is we got a talking head from Tasha when they realized they were merging where she said she was excited that her fellow Cagayan players were still there and that included Kass. Yes she added that she was still a little wary of Kass since she screwed Tasha and Spencer over last time but it seemed to me that Tasha wasn't entirely ruling out working with Kass. But then Kass showed her crazy, Tasha became wary and then things escalated really fast. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 17

At the end of the show Probst mentioned going to the website for Ponderosa videos, so Kass must be on the jury. Great, we can watch her smug face for the rest of the season. Peachy.

Honestly, she is so arrogant she thinks bringing nothing to the show but shit stirring will win her the game? Instead of forming alliances she thinks breaking others will work? She forgot that all these players have already seen her act. Bye bye, Kass. You'll have lots of time to ponder (at Ponderosa) why no one wanted to play your game, even your allies, Ciera and Wentworth.

• Love 12

Kass is an idiot.  I'm glad she's gone.  I think Spencer made the right choice.  He should keep quiet about flipping.

That whole thing with Tasha was stupid.  Pushing a confrontation at that point in the game is a bad idea.  Ciera was stupid to chime in too.  The "anybody but me" strategy is best.  Let somebody else make himself a target.

"Let's Play!"  She's right, but it's not a smart thing to say.

I hope Tasha goes next.  Never could stand her.

Abi was strangely quiet.  Why did she vote for Savage?  He can go soon too.

Not my favorite episode.

Ciera voted for Savage, not Abi.

Well, the winner of Cagayan completely dominated the entire game so yeah it would be kind of pointless to bring him back since he would do it again.    Nobody else could hang with him, unless he specifically let them.

I am anti Kass no matter what.  Ciera has never made an impression on me.  Still doesn't really but it wasn't a great one this ep.

Untitled_1.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4

I loved this episode. So much fun!!!

Why wasn't Abi with working with the majority and Tasha? I thought she liked Tasha, and they were apart for only 3 days right after the swap.

• Love 3

I guess I am alone in not being surprised that Ciera put forth the lone vote for Savage. She was pretty clear as she blathered on that while she may have liked Kass, she was in this for her and her alone so she voted for the person she truly disliked: Savage. I was kind of hoping Ciera would go this time. I didn't like her in her original season and I don't like her now.

Kelley Wentworth also didn't surprise me since she was the one person in the group with Kass and Abi and Ciera who said nothing. I suspect she will just go where the votes are at this point.

Finally - I love Joe, but I had to laugh at that get-up he was wearing to tribal council. That outfit combined with the garish immunity necklace and the hair...lol.

I also love Joe and Spencer possibly teaming up!

• Love 12

@BryceSmith: I think Tasha is overrated and, based on comments made by Cagayan and Second Chance players, very kindly edited. It's hardly and obsession though. I think I've mentioned her in a small fraction of my posts. She's not even the player I dislike the most this season.

Edited by Skeeter22
  • Love 7

Tasha annoyed me in this episode because she did tell Kass Bayone was no longer a thing. I mean she was lying, and Kass knew she was lying and taking advantage, but Tasha did say it. Insisting that she didn't made her sound like a liar.

I guess Ciera and Kelley knew they weren't getting the numbers to boot Tasha?

• Love 9

Guys, after the vote, before Kass gave her exit speech, they put CBS.COM/SURVIVOR on the screen and Probst said, "To see what happened after Tribal, go to CBS.COM/SURVIVOR."

Does anyone know how/where to access this extra footage that Probst was referring to?

And Ciera had really good logic at tribal.  Hopefully people that didn't want to go with the vote this time listen.....This season is going to go downhill fast if people don't flip.

The previous two all-returning-player seasons also featured post-merge alliances that more or less Pagong'ed the opposing tribe (minus Russell's still-idiotic vote against Danielle), so I wouldn't be shocked to see it happen again.  Since "old Bayon" indeed seems to be a thing, that leaves seven (Jeremy, Kimmi, Savage, Stephen, Keith, Tasha, Joe) who were part of that original group with Wiglesworth as an apparent eighth, so Spencer/Ciera/Kelley/Abi may be screwed already.  The only wrinkle could come if Spencer or Kelley win a key immunity, or if Kelley plays her idol at the proper time, or if everyone realizes "hey, we need to eliminate Joe as soon as he loses a challenge since otherwise he could go on a run."

Or, if Abi becomes a wild card in the mix that everyone in Bayon fights to keep in their F3 since she's such an obvious goat.  Abi sticking with Kass' plan was interesting, as it shows she's indeed turned on Savage and company.  Abi isn't one to suck it up and play with people she dislikes for too long, so if there's an anti-Andrew faction within Bayon, they can turn to her at any time.

• Love 2

Fuck Ciera. Boohoo no one is playing to win!

Translation - they're not doing what I want.

If there could be a sinkhole that swallows Ciera, Tasha and Andrew that would be great. Watching an adult man prostrate himself to the Survivor gods is embarrassing.

• Love 15

Tasha annoyed me in this episode because she did tell Kass Bayone was no longer a thing. I mean she was lying, and Kass knew she was lying and taking advantage, but Tasha did say it. Insisting that she didn't made her sound like a liar.

I guess Ciera and Kelley knew they weren't getting the numbers to boot Tasha?

I agree. However, she should have said something along the lines of, "Obviously I didn't want to talk strategy with you, so I said whatever I said to defer the discussion elsewhere."

She didn't have to back paddle and stress out like she did.

#Kassisgone #finally

• Love 4