Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Please Help Me I'm Fallin'

I have to admit that was a twist I did not expect and damn it, I will miss Jeff! Also, shut up Maddie, she is going far and beyond the likes of what I can withstand with bratty teens and yes steal your little sister's phone who you have been treating badly to call your boyfriend. I know people can't read minds but this girl needs to read some emotions. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 10

Oh, how I laughed at that ending, and again once I came here and saw the episode title.

I don't know if I was supposed to laugh watching Jeff tumble off the roof but that was pure comedy.

• Love 11

Oh for heaven's sake. Every time I think this show can't get any more predictable and stupid, it hits a new low. Of course Jeff fell off the roof. It was raining anvils as soon as he got the new job.

How long to we have to watch Gunnar and his generic roadie? I couldn't care less. Ditto with Will and what's-his-face breaking up every ten seconds.

Yawn.

• Love 4

Rayna, girl -- y'all need to buy yourself some crazy-repellent. Do you have even one artist who isn't a total whackdoodle?

Artistic progress goes ::SPLAT:: Buh-bye, Jeff.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 9

Why oh why couldn't he have just let Juliette jump?  At this point, I would have rather kept Jeff than her.  

Were they all at some hotel in Nashville?  I was not paying as much attention at the beginning as I should have,

And I would just like to say Shut Up Maddie!  What a rude little twit she is.

And once again Scarlett was a shining star.

• Love 7

Too bad it wasn't Maddie going over the wall. They're making her super unlikable. Child is going to have to save Cadence and a basket of puppies to redeem herself.

Layla, just stop dating. If you've really only had 2 lovers, and that's your track record, be celibate. Guess this means that Glenn can become a manager again? He just needs to stay on the ground floor at hotels.

I'm going to miss Oliver Hudson and his smirk face. Wish it had been annoying hanger on, but chick got fired as BFF too soon.

Luke, your son was wasted and bumping into people. Don't bang a lawyer, be a parent.

Rayna as Markus' label head AND producer? That'll work well, she's pretty experienced with brats that can sing.

Beverly had a little career and fans, that's cute. Are we done with the sainthood tour now? Because I'm getting tired of Deacon's revisionist history.

• Love 23

While I realize the ridiculousness of this statement...how does Juliette come back from this? They appear to be set to double down on the crazy, too.

ETA: the St. Beverly pilgrimage isn't over until they build the shrine...

Edited by chrisvee
  • Love 5

Poor Hayden.  I can't imagine how hard playing Juliette has been for her this year.  She's been hitting the ball out of the park portraying someone descending to rock bottom, and that would have to take an emotional toll even if you were in a good place yourself.  I pray her treatment is working and she will be home with her family soon.

• Love 16

Wow. I still watch this show and yet still wonder why. Probably in the minority, but thought this episode totally sucked. And it was directed by Callie Khouri. This was no Thelma and Louise. She can't think this is high quality drama. The fall at the end was laughable.

THE BEVERLY... St Beverly and St Jeff....what a joke. And looks like we're STILL not done with Juliette's misery...how much further can they go with this. The storyline makes me want to get treated for depression. Don't care about Luke and his PR girlfriend. Certainly don't care about Luke's son and his angst and Bratty Maddie and Gunnar/ 'girlfriend'.

The Scarlet song was lovely. Not sure what the Markus character brings. Not convinced that Rayna was sold on Markus. Rooting for Daphne. Avery, love you still - get a haircut please and show- give him something else to do.

• Love 10

I figured Jeff was the one going over the wall, but I like how they at least TRIED to make me think it might be Will, or Luke's son, or for a very brief moment, Deacon (using the phone while driving). Of course it wouldn't be Juliette (or Deacon, I know) despite the promos, so appreciated that there was a little suspense.  And I agree that "The Beverly" is not such a great name for a club.  Sainthood tour, indeed.  But I'm glad Scarlett got a little closure and peace. Maybe she can quit moping, for at least a while.

I cannot imagine how difficult this was for Hayden to perform. Just wow. 

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3

HA!  I can't believe they just pulled that shit!  Stupidest way to go on this show, I think.  I figured Jeff might be in trouble because things were going his way and he was actually showing something resembling a soul this season, but I really didn't think he'd go out like that.  And, judging from the previews, Juliette is going to keep digging that hole and making it deeper!  Oh, Nashville!  You so silly!

Poor Daphnie.  She doesn't even have Maddie anymore, since big sister is too busy being a bratty jerk to her mommy, and it seems she'd rather just steal(?) her phone to call her silly boyfriend, then actually take the time to realize she is hurting.

Will's self-loathing has now driven Kevin away, I guess.  Of course!  Will is not allowed to be happy!  Because he is gay!  I get it, Nashville.

Seriously, Gunnar!  You really get creepy when it comes to women.  I don't necessarily think it is out of malice or anything, but just, I don't, stop it.  It does not look good on you.

The stuff with Deacon and Scarlett was mainly a send-off for the new and improved Saint Beverly, and it ends with Deacon wanting to buy a bar and name it "The Beverly."  Whatever.  I'd rather go to bar called "The Coleman", myself.  Yeah, I know the show probably wants me to forget about him, but I will never forget!

• Love 14

At this point, I would have rather Juliette fallen too. This storyline was messed up from the start and clearly the fact that real life got taken into it, I have felt uneasy about this whole thing for a few weeks now.

I'm not feeling the Beverly is so great thing either. Because she helped Deacon with the transplant? Let's not forget that she lied so she didn't have to at first and then when she finally relented, she made Rayna feel bad about it the entire time with a speech about if she took the money and did it she would be a bitch who needed money and if she didn't do it, she would be a bitch who let her brother die. Don't get me wrong, it's wonderful and selfless that she did it, but.. the show is rewriting a lot of history here.

I knew it would be Jeff when he walked out on the roof but I was still shocked. And I like Jeff now. I just wish it had been someone I care less about.  And things I don't understand why they keep taking five hundred steps back with characters? Luke was really cool there for a moment and then he's back to being a crappy wayward parent? Pick something, show. 

I have cared less about Rayna's label once Juliette left it. I hate this new guy they've brought in for drama. 

I kind of miss Teddy. How nonsensical is that? 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4

God bless HP for her performance in the midst of her own PPD. I feel like I need treatment myself...or a shower.

Why The Beverly for the club? Dumb name. Why not call it the Landslide after the bar she performed in? Natchez and Nashville aren't close enough for them to conflict.

Rayna as Markus' producer? Yeah that'll turn out well since Rayna's never produced a record.

Maddie was a total witch this episode. Should have been her and Colt taking a drunken lover's leap off that roof. And Luke, parent much?

• Love 7

Sorry to see Oliver Hudson leave the show just when he was starting to be a nice guy, but of course what else could we expect on this show.  

But what about the previews for next week?  Did I see that Scarlett cuts her hair?  Hallelujah.

• Love 8

I think the only real rewriting of Beverley's history is that she was so proud of Scarlett. I think that should have come up before. Even the little bar filled with regulars who liked her music doesn't bother me that much. (It seems to me Beverley's song wasn't brilliant or innovative -- it was a very simple melody, along with some sentimental, somewhat self-aggrandizing lyrics -- quite true to Beverley's actual character. The appeal of the song came from Scarlett's sweet voice.) The rest of the St. Beverley thing is still Deacon gazing at his sister through guilt-coloured glasses. But maybe Scarlett won't be excoriating herself quite so much.

I'm tired of Maddie's (and Kolt's now?) poor-me fest. (And WIll's too, honestly.)

• Love 4

I kind of miss Teddy. How nonsensical is that? 

I have always had a soft spot for Teddy, and I think his absence is part of what's throwing both girls off.  His issues with crazy wives and hookers aside, he was the stable parent, and he was the one who laid down rules and administered punishments.  

Rayna tries, but she's all over the place.  In the same episode, Maddie gets grounded and then gets to meet her favorite singer.  (That's not what being grounded is all about.)  While I adore Deacon, he has yet to grasp he is someone's father, which means he has responsibilities.  He needs to pull up his big boy panties and stop moping about Beverley.  His child needs him.

• Love 12

I'm not sure what I care about the least: Beverly dying, Jeff dying, Maddie's cliched teen angst, Juliet's addiction/depression/crazy, Colt's boozing, Markus's jackassing, or Deacon's sad sacking.

It would have been awesome if Juliet had gone off that roof. Now that would have been a twist.

I miss joy, humor, fun, and a couple of divas going at it. I double dog dare someone on this show to smile. Why do you hate me, Nashville?

Edited by madam magpie
  • Love 14

I think Deacon's done a great job being a father to Maddie. He's only had a little bit to get used to playing that role, and even less time as a full–time parent, during which time he was either sick or recovering from major surgery. It's really only been a short time in Nashville land since Bev died. He's allowed to mourn and he should be there for Scarlett to help clean out her place. He also lent his voice in support of Maddie's grounding. My own Mom was gone for a month when her sister's husband died, and I was younger than Maddie and in a new school and new town.

The girls are floundering in part because the rug was pulled out from under them when Teddy was arrested, they're both having to deal with the fallout of his arrest and why he was arrested, and in Daphne's case, losing her real Dad and finding out that he was capable of those illegal actions. But Maddie is also getting older and wants to do thing that her sister just can't do at age 11, of course there are going to be hard feelings. And then Maddie, who is being a heinous brat right now, is dealing with finding out that Deacon isn't the saint she thought him to be, Teddy's a mess, and her Mom lied to her for years. Who does she look up to at this point?

• Love 1

Why do I watch?  Why?  I think the only reason is because I'm a Hayden fan but as good as she is, this story is horrific.

I love Oliver Hudson as Jeff.  I get that they may have felt they needed to get rid of him because he was on Ryan Murphy's new show but did they have to kill him?  That makes two deaths already this season.  It's like it's their default gear when they want to get rid of someone.  Or they send them to prison.  There is absolutely zero creativity.

Even less creative is giving Jeff everything he wants and highlighting all of his decent qualities right before they kill him off in order to make us feel bad.  I feel bad because I like the character and not because he's a decent human being. 

Everyone is suffering on this show.  Hell, I have to watch it in FF because I'm not someone who is depressed but too much of this could put me in a funk for days.

• Love 7

I'm not sure what I care about the least: Beverly dying, Jeff dying, Maddie's cliched teen angst, Juliet's addiction/depression/crazy, Colt's boozing, Markus's jackassing, or Deacon's sad sacking.

It would have been awesome if Juliet had gone off that roof. Now that would have been a twist.

I miss joy, humor, fun, and a couple of divas going at it. I double dog dare someone on this show to smile. Why do you hate me, Nashville?

Lately Layla's been the only person smiling and that ends after tonight. Even Glenn cheesed me off tonight.

I think we need a campaign to send little flashlights to the writers since they desperately need to lighten up.

• Love 6

Juliette and Maddie are on my last nerve.  As is Deacon.  I hated that woman and now they're going to force me to remember her every time they say the bar's name.  Make it stop!

Will needs to lighten up.  And go see a therapist.

• Love 5

Holy shit! I totally didn't see that ending coming, anvils or not. I have to applaud HP because this had to be so hard to portray Juliette in this mental frame of mind given her real life PPD. I am over St. Beverly, both of Rayna's girls, Gunner and his ridiculous love life and finally Will's continual whining. Other than that, I am good to go.

• Love 8

I am mos def in the minority. I actually cheered when Jeff went over the edge. Layla has proven she has talent and needs to be far, far away from users and assholes like Jeff. Maybe she'll get a decent storyline now.

I know Beverly was a piece of shit but she saved Deacon's life. She's no longer around to torment Scarlett and they did a beautiful song and tribute to her. I thought it was a nice, sentimental moment in an episode packed with much melodrama. Juliette needs to go to rehab yesterday. Hayden P is killing it, even though she may have tortured herself playing those scenes. It's Emmy time regardless.

I thought it would be better once Will came out but the show won't allow him to have a positive moment. Not yet anyway. Just do it, writers!

I love to hear Daphne sing but show needs to lock her away with Teddy until they can find her something to do besides being whiny and annoying. And stop making Maddy the bad guy. She's a horny teenage girl with dysfunctional role models, plus she's talented and surrounded by THE FRIGGIN' MUSIC BUSINESS IN NASHVILLE ! I can't blame her for wanting to break loose. Daphne is not her responsibility. Come on, writers. Stop making her jealous of her sister 24/7.

This new rock dude of Rayna also needs to follow Jeff off the edge.

Edited by Fisher King
  • Love 3

Eh, Maddie has turned into a full fledged brat for a while now. I prefer Daphne to her, who honestly could use her big sister to actually be her big sister. I get that Maddie wants to sing, sing, sing but Daphne has been going though a lot. Teddy IS Daphne's real father and maybe Maddie got over that lost quick because she has Deacon but I think Daphne has had a hell of a time with it. I still remember the episode a few weeks back when Daphne said something about Deacon not being her father and Maddie then said something about Rayna and Deacon getting married and Daphne couldn't say that anymore. What? 

This show is just so dark now, it's not even fun. I said it before, I feel very uneasy watching HP "Act" out something that she was probably going through. It gives me real life anxiety watching it. Things like this don't normally happen in tv shows and I know that the show didn't plan for it to crossover into real life but I can't stomach it.

And like I said, it's great that Beverly finally went in for the transplant but it wasn't like she wanted to. She said no at first and lied about how she was not a match. And then made a big thing about it, so.. I don't know.  I feel like the show needs to rewrite some stuff because she wasn't happy when Scarlet was on her tour. "Black roses red" scene is still one of the most painful scenes in this show. 

Eh, Maddie has turned into a full fledged brat for a while now. I prefer Daphne to her, who honestly could use her big sister to actually be her big sister. I get that Maddie wants to sing, sing, sing but Daphne has been going though a lot. Teddy IS Daphne's real father and maybe Maddie got over that lost quick because she has Deacon but I think Daphne has had a hell of a time with it. I still remember the episode a few weeks back when Daphne said something about Deacon not being her father and Maddie then said something about Rayna and Deacon getting married and Daphne couldn't say that anymore. What? 

This show is just so dark now, it's not even fun. I said it before, I feel very uneasy watching HP "Act" out something that she was probably going through. It gives me real life anxiety watching it. Things like this don't normally happen in tv shows and I know that the show didn't plan for it to crossover into real life but I can't stomach it.

And like I said, it's great that Beverly finally went in for the transplant but it wasn't like she wanted to. She said no at first and lied about how she was not a match. And then made a big thing about it, so.. I don't know.  I feel like the show needs to rewrite some stuff because she wasn't happy when Scarlet was on her tour. "Black roses red" scene is still one of the most painful scenes in this show. 

• Love 3

I have to rant about the way this is all so unrealistict too. First, I didn't think the Layla/Jeff scenes were of the redeeming Jeff/cute couple this time. Why do they portray her as an overly enthusiastic puppy and him as....had me second guessing there. Really happy to have her jump into your arms? (Also, the Layla we first met would have never done that). I know, Layla (post character transplant) is emotional, but a little too much. Also, going from attacking him  - why didn't they sit down and talk about all this like rational adults in a committed relationship - to being aw, shucks, everything is jolly good, go secure that job so we can move in together in a second...

They could have sold the same with a heartfelt conversation about his past mistakes, his possessiveness and how her not being dependent on him and him not being  in control (remember that contract and the abuse, writers?) is a good thing for their relationship and they can take it to the next step, he loves her bla.

They really, really missed an opportunity there to backtrack on their shitty writing.

The whole moving in was ridiculous because they ALREADY lived together. The writers should know this as they wrote it. Still don't know why she would live in the place where she tried to kill herself because of Jeff either. Anyway, they already lived together. There was also no need for any movers. Layla doesn't own any of the furniture in the house. All she would need to do is packing up a couple of boxes and suitcases with her stuff. Even if, are they going to put her furnitue in one of the 20 dozens guest rooms in his ginomous mansion? Were they going to have a Javery style "I'm keeping that chair" scene?

I love to see Luke, Gabriella and Layla readily accept that Jeff killed himself in the next episode. It seemed the obvious step after needing a minute to then celebrate your new job and celebrate again with your girlfriend in bed.

Edited by thaliasghost
  • Love 1

On to Scream Queens, Oliver!

Did you see the way Jefffordham saved Juliette, like a basketball player would save a ball from going out of bounds? LOL. Sorry, dood, no bleachers for you to run into.

SOOOO unrealistic. Jefffordham's slimy self-preservation instincts would have stepped in and stopped him...and he would have found a solution to keep that CEO job while smoking over Juliette's ice cold cadavar.

Bummer that the only happy couple is now broken up by the grim reaper. I knew it couldn't last. Let's hope they let us in on whether or not Jefffordham was lying his ass off about letting Layla move in. Please say he was, so she can hate him and move on.

I have to say, while I usually chuckle constantly at this show, the angst was too much. I know they're trying to save cash and all, so maybe they shouldn't have used up that large economy size bucket of insta-tears all in one show? Seems frivolous.

And the number of commercials. What they've lost in ad price, they're making up in volume. Did they even get 30 minutes of show in?

Juliette's  situation is downright sad. And really, no one has yet figured out that she's in a world of hurt while she's literally dying of depression? 

I hate them for making me dislike Maddie.

The BOTW  (baby of the week) was a cutie.

So are Beverly and Jefffordham BOTH going to haunt us now? That will be downright scary. Please tell me he doesn't sing, LOL ;-).

The CMAS next week will be a welcome reprieve from both of my shows. The overlords want us to be thankful for canceling them.

Edited by TVWithPity
  • Love 3

I know its wrong to speak ill of the dead, but this whole "Beverly was the greatest ever" thing is getting ridiculous. She literally drove Scarlet to a complete mental break down! Not that long ago! Remember that? It was a whole thing. 

It's driving me crazy, she was a horrible, abusive mother, & for some reason, they've turned her into "Saint Beverly", why? She's not on the show anymore, why did they change her entire character & background?

I was so happy to see Jeff finally gone, I couldn't figure out why he was suddenly such a good boyfriend this episode, & now I know why.

This show does not know how to move a story along. We have seen enough of Will & his gay angst & Gunnar & his straight angst for five shows, move on already. And Juliette, geez, how over the top are they going to go? Can we please get back to being a show about music in Nashville?

Edited by GaT
  • Love 6
(edited)

Jeff falling off the roof was as hilarious as Dr. Drake Ramoray falling down an elevator shaft.

I understand that getting served divorce papers is a lot to deal with, but Juliette continues to act like a bratty teenager. Yelling at Luke that whatever is going on with her is none of his business is like middle school 101. I really wish Luke would have told her that when she does things like attack a fan, she makes it his business because she is signed to his label.

Speaking of adults acting like teenagers, Marcus! He is such a child. He not only expects Rayna to drop everything so he can listen to his new song right away but he strolls into her house and opens the refrigerator. He acts like a kid who needs to be grounded. Contrast that with Maddie, who might be acting like a brat but was raised to address adults like Marcus as Mr. Keene.

Once again Avery lives up to his reputation as the voice of reason. At least he recognizes that Gunnar tries to turn every girl into a romantic relationship instead of realizing when he's had a one night stand or just happened to collide with someone who was reaching for the milk. Tracking down Erin just made him look like a total stalker. Scratch that. It didn't make him LOOK like a total stalker. It showed Erin that he IS a total stalker.

Ugh, the martyrization of Beverly continues. Now she has been singing at some bar every week for four years and she was sending out demos and headshots. Whatever. Just because she bragged about Scarlett at the bar doesn't mean she wasn't also jealous and resentful of her career. I loved the song that Scarlett sang at the bar though. Oh, Deacon. An alcoholic buying a bar seems like a terrible idea. And renaming it after Beverly? Ugh.

I hated Gabriella's dress with that sheer triangle going down the front. I also hated that Luke was so insistent on having sex with her.

I can't believe Luke hired Jeff. Great, he paid off the fan that Juliette attacked. How does that mean he will be a good CEO? Because he's willing to get down and dirty? I'm pretty sure that Luke already knew that. I think everyone in Nashville knew that.

I don't know why Colt was being so cranky to Luke at the party. Yeah, yeah, you can't hang out with your girlfriend but that's not Luke's fault. Even if Luke hadn't taken Colt to the party, Colt still wouldn't have been able to hang out with Maddie or even talk to her since Rayna took away her phone. But there was no need for him to pout about it and then get drunk.

Will needs to stop wallowing in self pity. I don't blame Kevin for walking away. There's being a supportive boyfriend and then there's being turned into a constant babysitter/cheerleader.

Loved Rayna getting all Tami Taylor with Daphne and encouraging her to enjoy music no matter what other people say. This is the kind of situation that Rayna wanted to avoid with the girls singing in public/getting record contracts too young. You need a thick skin to survive being in the public eye and this shows that Daphne is definitely not ready for it yet. I still don't know if Maddie is yet either. Just wait until some troll tweets that she's ugly or fat or a terrible songwriter and see how she reacts. It's much tougher to be famous these days than it was a few decades ago. Social media makes it easy for people to be mean and to get that meanness out in public.

And the number of commercials. What they've lost in ad price, they're making up in volume. Did they even get 30 minutes of show in?

The run time for this episode without commercials was over 40 minutes which is normal. Hour long shows on network tv are usually around 40-42 minutes.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Since the end of season 1 when it stopped being much good, Nashville has been in a holding pattern of killing off secondary characters that no one is interested in.

Just as Deacon and Scarlett finish their interminable grieving process (which I am so over - Deacon is so pretty I will watch him doing anything but languishing in misery is not my first choice), Layla (also a character who no one cares about) will take over. Jeez...they make crazy storyline decisions.

Why was Colt set up to be a witness? For a minute I thought he was the one who was going to die.

I quite liked the Rayna and Markus scenes. Always nice when Connie Britton has something to do.

So much of this show is boring now.

• Love 1

I skipped over so much of this episode. I must have only watched about 10 minutes. Luke and his boring love interest, skip, Markus Keene being a tool, skip, Gunnar not understanding the concept of a short term hook up and being an idiot, skip, Will and his self pity, skip, Maddy being a brat, skip, Juliette and her endless misery, definitely skip.

I had been looking forward to this episode for some reason but it just isn't fun to watch. I get that it's a drama but they can still have some hope in there. Why couldn't Avery asking for a divorce be the wake-up call Juliet needed to get help? Juliet has always had her issues but she used to be fun to watch and now I just can't stand to see what they have done to her.

• Love 6

I was so excited about last night's episode and it turned out to be a blah.

This Beverly thing is taking on a life of its own!  Pretty soon they will be putting her into the Grand Ole Opry Hall of Fame. St. Beverly.  OMG.  And Deaon?  So annoying!  I used to love his story lines.  Not so much now.

I can't believe Jeff fell like that.  I'm going to miss him.  He was definitely a moustache twirling villain.

This rock star turned country can leave at any time and take Maddie with him

• Love 3