Type keyword(s) to search

The Consultants

Form fitting, sweetheart necklines, see through bodice, exploding bottoms.  Hmmmm, where have we seen all of that before.

Major disappointment with the exception of two unusual dresses. And that blue thing, gawd.  Hideous.

Randy, seriously?

• Love 1

Could some of the models seem any more sad to be there?

I know, right?  Not being a fashion show maven I have no idea if that's normal but you'd think at a bridal show they'd look a little more upbeat.  Or at least not so funereal!

• Love 3

So sick of Shay!

If it wasn't for Randy, he wouldn't even have a job! Randy blazed the trail and made it acceptable to see a gay man in a bridal salon. He needs to STFU and say thank you. Instead of "snatching waistes" he should be snatching that attitude!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nodorothyparker said:

Two articles that include pictures and details on some of Randy's line, including that blue show ender.  He says the dresses all run from $1,500 to $3,000, so maybe he was aiming for stripper fairy brides unwilling or unable to pay Pnina prices.

http://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/news/say-yes-to-the-dress-star-randy-fenoli-debuts-bridal-line-w478207

http://www.glamour.com/story/randy-fenoli-wedding-dresses

I expected better from Mr. Fenoli.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

This is one my faves from Randy's collection: 

Randy dress.jpg

Girl you and me both! I bought my wedding dress in November and love it but when I saw this one, I had a tiny twinge of regret. 

• Love 5

The blue one wasn't really see thru. It was nude colored fabric. You could see it in the side view. 

Hilarious when she turned the corner and her veil got all tangled up in the spectators. Then in the last turn you could see where the veil pulled her head back, and she had to harrumph, pull it along with her head and neck. She kept her hands on her hips tho! 

• Love 2

I posted first in the episodes thread about Randy's line. I like Randy and he always seemed to encourage the brides to dress more classy so I was glad to come here and see that my thoughts of "Pnina stripper fairy rip-off" and "Why is she wearing blue pasties?" were apparently not unique. While the dress above is pretty, I don't like the color. Why Randy, why?

• Love 2
On 4/23/2017 at 10:27 PM, Pachengala said:

Girl you and me both! I bought my wedding dress in November and love it but when I saw this one, I had a tiny twinge of regret. 

On 4/23/2017 at 9:23 PM, Marisagf said:

This is one my faves from Randy's collection: 

Randy dress.jpg

Agreed. This is the only one in the collection that felt unique to me. Everything else, I feel like I've seen it a million times. 

• Love 3

As near as I can tell from looking at the Kleinfield website, Randy's dresses are much more "moderately" priced than the other Kleinfield exclusive designers (Pinina and Zunino).  The blue snowball dress, which is also available in white, appears to cost approx. $3000, although it's had to tell for sure.  Good for Randy for for keeping it more "moderate."

• Love 4
On 5/12/2014 at 2:50 PM, GuiltyPleasures said:

Well, mark me down as exceedingly shallow, but I can't take my eyes off Camille.  I find myself pausing and rewinding to look at her in closeup.  I so don't get her makeup.  Her hairstyle is unflattering, she's very orange, her eyebrows, her "beauty mark", her eyeshadow....it's horrifying.  I have no idea if she's a good consultant because I can't get past her makeup. It's like slowing down to watch a car accident.  You know you shouldn't but you do anyway.  Honestly, how her makeup can be considered a good thing by anyone on the planet is beyond me.  She could be a really attractive woman if she'd let go of that god-awful disguise. 

I've only just started watching this show, not having had cable for years and being limited to crappy uploads on YouTube. But Camille: HOLY COW, YES. I do not understand her look at all. It reminds me of Jennifer "we both like soup" Coolidge in Best in Show.

On 2/22/2017 at 6:09 PM, camom said:

Does anyone remember early on there was a consultant who was new and failed miserably?  They finally let her go.  At the time I thought how humiliating that must have been.

On 2/22/2017 at 6:13 PM, AZChristian said:

I remember her. It wasn't just that she wasn't very good, she refused input on how to improve, because thought she knew better than those who were trying to train her.

Claudia. She really had no idea at all how terrible she was. Everything was someone else's fault. I'm a terrible person, because I'm on season 1 and just waiting with bated breath for them to fire her.

• Love 6
On 3/23/2017 at 4:50 PM, Kohola3 said:

Shay is definitely the biggest mistake this show has ever made.  Even bigger than pimping for Pnina.  I can't abide him, am done watching until he's gone.

Pimping For Pnina.....sounds like a fine spinoff!!!  

• Love 4
On 3/23/2017 at 5:44 PM, Kohola3 said:

Depends on your tolerance for prima donna consultants with ill-fitting clothes whose attitude is "all about me", thinks he is adorable, constantly proclaims his superior taste makes him the best thing since sliced bread, and doesn't appear to give a crap about the brides.  If that doesn't bother you, go for it.  But keep your finger on the mute button.

I thought I was the only one frustrated with Shay's self love and putting himself before the brides! It's so sad to hear him putting "Shay" above everyone and constantly putting Randy down for doing what he's employed to do . Then Shay turns around and consults Randy for his opinion with difficult brides dreams. However my most shocked moment was when he shouted out in front of the famous bride and her family/friends (after Randy said sometimes the bride gets caught up with too much or a style that's wrong for her), "Well, Randy you are the one that picked it out for her to try on" Randy never said it wasn't his choice. He just said the bride can get caught up with liking a style that's too busy or too many details for her. It's like Shay likes to find any way to put him down and it only makes Shay look foolish and the store look bad for not working with him to correct the negative behavior. The negative behavior is unfair and rude to the clients and families It's just sad to have to watch. I hope they'll work with his paranoid behavior So the show can be fun to watch again. When he's on I just don't watch. It's too sad for the brides 

• Love 5

Having begun to watch this show, heaven only knows how far back we are in the UK, but on today's episodes (14 July 2017) one Bride was getting married in 2011, and as Keasha was on the show I guess it was about 2009?

I am glad to finally see the back of the god awful Carmel, she was dreadful, she had no empathy for any Bride whose budget was below what she deemed worth her time.

I wonder what happened to JD she no longer appears, I adore Dianne and would love her to be my consultant if I was getting a dress, Ellie seems to be there one minute and gone the next, Katie and Alison make the odd appearance, but my  all time fav person has to be Randy, and I would love brides to try on his designs.

On 4/22/2017 at 9:04 AM, Kohola3 said:

I know, right?  Not being a fashion show maven I have no idea if that's normal but you'd think at a bridal show they'd look a little more upbeat.  Or at least not so funereal!

They look like mechanical mannequins, but that's the whole idea.  The models are there to hold up the clothes; essentially, they are no more than human hangers with measurements best suited for showcasing the clothing.  Their faces, while pretty most of the time, are not supposed to distract the audience from the main objective: Viewing the dresses. 

On 6/9/2017 at 3:16 PM, LilJen said:

I've only just started watching this show, not having had cable for years and being limited to crappy uploads on YouTube. But Camille: HOLY COW, YES. I do not understand her look at all. It reminds me of Jennifer "we both like soup" Coolidge in Best in Show.

When watching her episodes I cannot take my eyes off her lipliner.  I realize these are older reruns but if we ever see her again I'd like to see her with lipstick sans the liner.  Do these women not see themselves with a critical eye, or is really all about the commission?  

Then there's Joan, Director of Sales, with her neglected eyebrows.

Don't even get me started on some of the consultants' yellow teeth highlighted by the wrong shades of lipstick.  

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 4

I realize these are older reruns but if we ever see her again I'd like to see her with lipstick sans the liner.  Do these women not see themselves with a critical eye, or is really all about the commission?

She's a walking advertisement against permanent makeup.   I guess once upon a time that look was in?  

• Love 3

damn, thank you ladies...that lipliner crap an inch above her lip has driven me nuts for years. IT'S SO HORRIBLE -- but when I was a kid working my first job in the late 60's....there was this fabulous lady who wore her hair and makeup right out of WWII....and honey, she was brilliant, she ran the Chamber of Commerce let me tell ya.  Some of these gals never change, ever. I don't know where that hair and makeup are coming from with her, but she was led astray, maybe in Jersey?  (oh, but hey she is a good gal and stylist)...but damn it is hard to look at her. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

But she's doing big things for herself.

Is this recent?  I had read about her being in Detroit several years ago.   Maybe the show is new but I don't get Aspire so....

She sure looks great. Apparently the breast lump from years ago was not an issue.  I don't remember them every talking about it.

Edited by Kohola3
Second thought
On 12/27/2017 at 7:01 PM, atlantaloves said:

damn, thank you ladies...that lipliner crap an inch above her lip has driven me nuts for years. IT'S SO HORRIBLE -- but when I was a kid working my first job in the late 60's....there was this fabulous lady who wore her hair and makeup right out of WWII....and honey, she was brilliant, she ran the Chamber of Commerce let me tell ya.  Some of these gals never change, ever. I don't know where that hair and makeup are coming from with her, but she was led astray, maybe in Jersey?  (oh, but hey she is a good gal and stylist)...but damn it is hard to look at her. 

I must be a cruel b____, because I see this in my head whenever she is featured - 

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 1
On 6/19/2017 at 4:15 PM, twinkietwin94 said:

The dresses posted on this thread are the ones I liked from the collection.

Shay needs to take several seats every episode I've seen with him he gets on my last nerve.

I miss Sarah and Keasha. 

Word. I cannot STAND Shay. He makes me want to throw things at my tv.

• Love 1
On 3/23/2017 at 4:59 PM, camom said:

Dear SYTTD,

Please let me know when you come to your senses and get rid of Shay.  Then I may come back to the show.  In the meantime, sayonara.

Sincerely,

camom

I can’t STAND him. If nothing else they need to keep him off the air and let him be with the other brides

On 6/9/2017 at 3:16 PM, LilJen said:

Claudia. She really had no idea at all how terrible she was. Everything was someone else's fault. I'm a terrible person, because I'm on season 1 and just waiting with bated breath for them to fire her.

I remember her. Yea she was a mess 

On 3/23/2017 at 7:56 PM, AZChristian said:

And he's rude to Randy.  How could ANYONE in their right mind be rude to Randy?

Do NOT be rude to Randy.. I hate that Shay guy. What an ass!! Randy is so good.. he basically cusses people out with a smile on his face. He’s awesome.. Shay.. nope!!

• Love 1
On 4/21/2017 at 8:01 PM, gonecrackers said:

I recall him disagreeing with the 'taste' of a bride who wanted to 'show it all off', & I was impressed, at the time.  Now he's putting out worse crap than what she wanted to 'wear'. 

I can just imagine the first bride who tries on that blue monstrosity with boobs out all over the place & wears it at her wedding in front of all her family members & in-laws. 

Just a tad less lace & you've got those pasties I predicted in the episodes thread.  I wonder if he or Pnina will 'create' the first wedding bikini - all white lace - $10,000. 

A girl bought the blue dress and it was BEAUTIFUL!! And the veil.. you may not think it, but see it on and it was beautiful, especially for a bride that wants color

On 7/14/2017 at 12:42 PM, Chris R-J said:

Having begun to watch this show, heaven only knows how far back we are in the UK, but on today's episodes (14 July 2017) one Bride was getting married in 2011, and as Keasha was on the show I guess it was about 2009?

I am glad to finally see the back of the god awful Carmel, she was dreadful, she had no empathy for any Bride whose budget was below what she deemed worth her time.

I wonder what happened to JD she no longer appears, I adore Dianne and would love her to be my consultant if I was getting a dress, Ellie seems to be there one minute and gone the next, Katie and Alison make the odd appearance, but my  all time fav person has to be Randy, and I would love brides to try on his designs.

I like Lisa and Antonella. They’re both awesome

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, Dee924 said:

A girl bought the blue dress and it was BEAUTIFUL!! And the veil.. you may not think it, but see it on and it was beautiful, especially for a bride that wants color

I think it's pretty when it's lined. Otherwise it looks like someone slapped doilies on the boobs.  I thought Randy had better taste than that.

• Love 4

There was one of the newer episodes where a group of girls came from Texas to buy a dress. Lisa worked with her and she was just NOT helpful at all. She wanted to play dress up and you could see how frustrated with the whole thing 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, Dee924 said:

Not a fan of that thing, not even lined really. But I do like color on dresses when done well.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Dee924 said:

There was one of the newer episodes where a group of girls came from Texas to buy a dress. Lisa worked with her and she was just NOT helpful at all. She wanted to play dress up and you could see how frustrated with the whole thing 

I believe she was the one whose wedding was only a couple months away.  Our general consensus was that she already had a dress and just wanted to be on TV. 

• Love 2
On 5/12/2014 at 11:50 AM, GuiltyPleasures said:

Well, mark me down as exceedingly shallow, but I can't take my eyes off Camille.  I find myself pausing and rewinding to look at her in closeup.  I so don't get her makeup.  Her hairstyle is unflattering, she's very orange, her eyebrows, her "beauty mark", her eyeshadow....it's horrifying.  I have no idea if she's a good consultant because I can't get past her makeup. It's like slowing down to watch a car accident.  You know you shouldn't but you do anyway.  Honestly, how her makeup can be considered a good thing by anyone on the planet is beyond me.  She could be a really attractive woman if she'd let go of that god-awful disguise. 

I'm glad to know someone else feels that way.  Camille is a great consultant but I'm shocked that Camille is allowed to wear such horrific makeup at a BRIDAL SHOP!  Isn't the owner afraid that her makeup will accidentally transfer to the dresses?  I have no doubt Camille is lovely underneath all that paint.  Will someone PLEASE give her a makeover??

When did the dress code for the consultants change? One episode one was wearing a pink cold shoulder sweater and black trousers, I've seen several others with colors other than black. I realize business attire has changed since I left the work force, but they really are anything goes now. And I never worked in a bridal shop.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:21 PM, JanneyGee said:

I'm glad to know someone else feels that way.  Camille is a great consultant but I'm shocked that Camille is allowed to wear such horrific makeup at a BRIDAL SHOP!  Isn't the owner afraid that her makeup will accidentally transfer to the dresses?  I have no doubt Camille is lovely underneath all that paint.  Will someone PLEASE give her a makeover??

She reminds me of Snooki from the Jersey Shore show, all orange-y with very outdated makeup. I wonder if she is like an old beloved Auntie - the ones you know who will never change their awful makeup or old as heck style but you love them and just sort of look past it. But, considering its a business I'm always a little taken aback when I see her. I wonder why Kleinfeld hasn't gently recommended a makeover to bring her up to date or at least bring her into the last few decades makeup wise. 

Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 1.02.31 PM.png