Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

Detest.   Such a strong word.

Ah, but she wasn't his mistress. David didn't support her/pay for her housing, etc. while she waited patiently for stolen hours with him.

Patticake2, I tried to make this "mistress" distinction too but was shot down on this list.  The consensus was that a "mistress" is the same as a side piece, a one-night stand, a sometime girlfriend, etc.  I agree with your definition.  Perhaps we're old-fashioned romantics.

It makes me think they do not live on base.

Although I haven't seen base housing for decades, Brianna's home doesn't look anything like the houses I remember.

• Love 5

Interesting.  But if she is considered his mistress even though she is also married, and they are both consensually throwing themselves into an affair with no money involved,what is the comparable name for him?  Other than lying, cheating dog, of course.

• Love 5

Detest.   Such a strong word.

Patticake2, I tried to make this "mistress" distinction too but was shot down on this list.  The consensus was that a "mistress" is the same as a side piece, a one-night stand, a sometime girlfriend, etc.  I agree with your definition.  Perhaps we're old-fashioned romantics.

It's a quibble but what ya'll are referring to is a kept woman.  Mistress is the term for a woman having an extramarital sexual relationship.   Tomato, tomahto, she's dead ass wrong.   Befriended Shannon, now she and her man are joining every club Shannon and David belonging to, the entire time, showing zero contrition.   If you're the other woman and you've been discovered, have the good grace to apologize or fuck off. 

• Love 15

Interesting.  But if she is considered his mistress even though she is also married, and they are both consensually throwing themselves into an affair with no money involved,what is the comparable name for him?  Other than lying, cheating dog, of course.

n

Edited by zoeysmom

This.  Not quite the same sting but how about lothario?

• Love 2

I'm curious I'm always so confused why people think divorce is such a great option. 

Who says it's a "great option"?  But if you're married to someone who beats you or treats you miserably or cheats on you constantly, it may be the ONLY option.  Shannon said in no uncertain terms that divorce was not an option.  I questioned why.  She's not someone whose religious beliefs would not allow for divorce, so why does she think that divorce is not an option?  From what she has told us about this marriage, it sounds like it's ranged from being awful to them mostly living separate lives.  We see they bicker constantly, she nags at him & puts him down.  And he seems like he can't stand her, he has cheated on her once (and maybe more), and he routinely lies to her.  Despite her insistence about how great their marriage is now, I think she's deluded.  It may be OK for a short time, but the probs they've had before will inevitably come up again.  Seems to me like an awful situation that can't be fixed.  To stubbornly think divorce is not an option?  Could be a big mistake.

Shannon's involvement of her children in her marriage troubles bothers me.  It bothers me a lot.  I guess she thinks it's adorable to see her kids talk about their "relationship" or the state of their marriage.  To me, it's manipulative.  I hate it.  The state of her marriage is adult stuff & the details should only involve Shannon & David.

• Love 7

I'm curious I'm always so confused why people think divorce is such a great option. I mean does no one ever really dissect and completely think about what becomes the new reality when people divorce ESPECIALLY with kids? I mean I'm being absoultely sincere here. I really believe that people think of divorce as some reset, clean slate decision that you can go skipping off to go try and find someone else while the new set of circumstance are most definitely healthier for the children when that is certainly not the case. I'm sure my son is going to have a couple of therapy sessions about the ugly despair, feelings of abandonment and shaky living conditions he had to endure for the first few YEARS of the split not to mention the ugly interactions and the crying fits he had to witness his mother go through all the while seeing his father sparaticaly.

It just boggles my mind how people don't acknowledge the agony of what the new reality will be for a broken family and don't even get me started with all the emotional complications that come with blended families once that challenge is finally a possibility. Yeah, I think the idea that divorce is not an option is a rather responsible, selfless and courageous attitude. All too often now a days we are more concerned about our own welfare and accept the consequences imposed on others as necessary and justifiable just so we can proceed to take the path of least resistance and indulge our own set of limitations instead of making decisions based on the  long term, multiple parties and EVERYONE involved. I think it would do children good to see adults fight for their family and weigh all the possiblities instead of using the children as an excuse to cut and run.. Before the children was "an excuse" to stay in a bad marriage now children are used as a "legit reason" to bail on an iffy one. Sad, sad, sad.

Divorce is better than a bad or abusive marriage.  my parents had a verbally and emotionally abusive marriage for my entire memory and living at my house meant walking on eggshells all the time, waiting for the next shouting match to erupt.  we had to move out of my childhood home the day my parents split officially, but it was such a relief to have peace.

• Love 13

I can stand 'dumb' people either.  I don't know if she's the most beautiful.  I would have to put Kristen right up there with her. 

Luanne is the one I'd choose for overall looks and body.   She's amazingly proportioned and natural looking in that department.  I like that Luanne can play tennis and be probably able to be good at other sports like stuff.  Alexis and Kristen look like they would be kind of gawky.  Beyond that, I only like Luanne when she's a 'friend' of the housewives.

I'm so with you on that.  I never thought Alexis was beautiful; very attractive yes.  IAnd I think she's a sweet person.  But she seemed painfully dumb to me.

LuAnn is really flawless.  A classic beauty who almost always looks elegant whether dressed up or down.  She also has a great sense of humor.  

I'd also add Cynthia Bailey to the most beautiful.  The bone structure is just incredible on her.  I don't always like the make-up or hair, but she's just gorgeous.

• Love 8

If Tamra has 50/50 custody, why isn't Sidney spending her time with her mom? I didn't want to spend my time as a kid with my parents but I had too. That's your mom, you are a kid, you spend your time with your mom and your dad. What's with getting to chose where to live? Of course that is going to make it easy for Simon to manipulate Sidney. He should be encouraging her to spend time with her mom, not forcing the two apart. That is just so wrong. The judge should say, "No, you spend half your time with your mom, and half with your dad." kids everywhere don't like their parents and are embarrassed by them. You are still the child and you still live with your parents. This is going to be a huge problem forever now. Sidney will get married and have kids and Tamra will be shut out. 

yeah this annoys me about the whole system. My fiance's 6 year old daughter is pretty spoiled and very entitled and at one point she was crying and being very difficult about the weekends she was to be spending with her dad. It was the overnight she didn't want to participate in because she didn't want to sleep in her room and instead wanted to sleep with her dad. Of course she didn't have a problem with him coming to visit her for the day or going with him for the day as long as she could go back home each night, so she pretty much wanted to dictate how her visitation was to go.

Her hesitation started when I finally put my foot down one night telling her that she needs to stay in her own room (cause lets be honest after a few weeks of trying to get her to stay in her own room I'd had enough and refused to be booted from my place by his side every other Saturday night). Because of that her visits became VERY compromised because her mother was "hesitant" to send her and didn't want to "force" her since it made her so upset. His daughter used to get very whimpery a couple of days before her set weekend and it would cause such a to do that her mother would hem and haw about to cancelling the visit. Also, my fiance started to actually consider leaving it alone cause he didn't want to force her either but he was sooooo distraught over it. I got to see first hand why so many fathers (the one's that originally wanted to stay present in their childrens lives) change their minds and decide to let go. Because it's a TRICKY, SLIPPERY SLOPE once the division is made. Perceptions of rights, laws, attitudes, spite, trickery, court threats, court orders, inept court decisions and procedures. Thankfully I figured out a way to make her overnight visits a fun time by implementing Theme Nights everytime it's her weekend but it found it so crazy how messy and ridiculous people handle these sort of problems that come about with co-parenting. Not to mention her new husband had plenty to suggest (all negative).

This is the type of stuff that goes on when people can't make a union and commitment work. Divorce isn't all people say it's cracked up to be. Of course Tamara left a "bad" marriage but this is the crap that goes on afterwards so when people say staying together damages the kids, well divorce damages kids too. I just know everything should be explored before deciding on volatile options cause this has been going on with Tamara for years now. But hey, she's got a "hot" new, younger husband so I guess that's what really matters.

I think, for all of Tamara's faults there is a good point made in the above post which is you may not like your parents but if Simon and Tamara were still living together could her daughter just decide she didn't want to stay at the house anymore? As a minor, would she be allowed to make that decision or would she still be under the authority of her parents? I don't see why because a marriage has dissolved the authoritiveness of each parent changes. There should be no altering of the authority each parent has over a child (unless there's real legal cause). Tamaras behavor with her children wouldn't be up for legal questioning if her and Simon stayed together. It would just be a case of those poor kids, they have a cray cray inappropriate mom who plays with dildos on TV but because she has joint custody now it can be used as some gauge of what her parental rights should and shouldn't be? It's such a flawed system to me cause if her behavior didn't warrant intervention from outside sources while she was married then it shouldn't be an issue just because she now doesn't get along with her childrens father. That part annoys the crap out of me.

• Love 4

Ah, but she wasn't his mistress. David didn't support her/pay for her housing, etc. while she waited patiently for stolen hours with him. She was married, too.  Looks like they were both searching for something their marriages didn't provide.  So sad.

It sounds like both of them wanted a break from the demands and responsibilities of being one of the main players in a family. Pretty selfish on both their parts.

• Love 3

But Brianna wants to keep commenting on it in general. She initiates the pearl clutching over and over again about how Vicki moved Brooks in. It's Brianna continuously bitching about it. So yeah, Brianna can stay away all she wants cause that's her choice but it's the part where she continues to treat it like something wrong on Vicki's behalf. Vicki wants her boyfriend living with her. Very reasonable thing for a women to want so to act like it was something deliberately against Brianna is what makes it ridiculous. Brianna doesn't want to ever be around Brooks. Fine. Brooks lives in Vicki's house. Fine. What else needs to be said about it? Brianna won't visit if Brooks is there. End of story. Why is it still up for debate or continuous comment with Brianna? Like a fight she's constantly having and a continuous betrayal by Vicki. So today: My mom betrayed me cause Brooks lives there. Tomorrow: Wow, my mom has betrayed me AGAIN cause Brooks is still living there. Like come on already....!!

ITA . This is a lesson I learned from my husband sometimes less is more. The less you bitch the more people will listen when you do. When you are talking about the "family couch" you have just entered the realm of the ridiculous . What's next? The family can opener? Also a hard earned life lesson don't complain about where you live to the people that live there . I moved to NC from NY about 15 years ago for my husbands job. I was really looking forward to the move and I was shocked to discover I hated it . I had some sense knocked into me when I saw a bumper sticker that read WE DONT CARE HOW YOU DO IT UP NORTH.

• Love 12

Who says it's a "great option"?  But if you're married to someone who beats you or treats you miserably or cheats on you constantly, it may be the ONLY option.  Shannon said in no uncertain terms that divorce was not an option.  I questioned why.  She's not someone whose religious beliefs would not allow for divorce, so why does she think that divorce is not an option?  From what she has told us about this marriage, it sounds like it's ranged from being awful to them mostly living separate lives.  We see they bicker constantly, she nags at him & puts him down.  And he seems like he can't stand her, he has cheated on her once (and maybe more), and he routinely lies to her.  Despite her insistence about how great their marriage is now, I think she's deluded.  It may be OK for a short time, but the probs they've had before will inevitably come up again.  Seems to me like an awful situation that can't be fixed.  To stubbornly think divorce is not an option?  Could be a big mistake.

Shannon's involvement of her children in her marriage troubles bothers me.  It bothers me a lot.  I guess she thinks it's adorable to see her kids talk about their "relationship" or the state of their marriage.  To me, it's manipulative.  I hate it.  The state of her marriage is adult stuff & the details should only involve Shannon & David.

I guess it's not an option because I think she feels that adults and people who can see passed their own individual needs would be able to stick with honoring a commitment "through good times and bad", "sickness health" those vows represent the idea that no matter what, short of abuse, there is a promise not to give up especially for self centered reasons which let's be honest reasons a lot of people somehow turn into unbearable tortures in order to make them legimate reasons to be let out of a contract, a vow, a commitment to tackle life together and support one another. It's not just about the fire and romance and connection of the original two but the reality of manuvering through life's trials with someone in your corner because it's hard to do alone and much more agonizing to redefine once children are involved. It just made perfect sense to me because if more people treated their circumstances like divorce wasn't an option there would be more dedicated attempts to appreciate and look towards the good that's present. Something that this world as a whole lacks a lot of now a days. I think there is a lot to evaluate besides complete personal satisfaction when contemplating divorce. How others are affected should definitely be taken into consideration especially if the others in question are your children. If there is going to be damage done regardless what's the lesser of two evils? I don't think it's so cut and dry and a lot of time that's simple decision "to be happier" doesn't turn out to be the case after the fact anyway and that's just insult to injury all around. 

• Love 8

Ah, but she wasn't his mistress. David didn't support her/pay for her housing, etc. while she waited patiently for stolen hours with him. She was married, too.  Looks like they were both searching for something their marriages didn't provide.  So sad.

It sounded like David and Shannon had become disconnected. She blamed his work schedule vs her schedule with the kids for why they were sleeping in separate rooms.  I imagine they weren't intimate very often.  For whatever reason, he and the side piece connected and got along, and maybe found a companionship that had been lost in their own marriages.  Instead of trying to reconnect with their own spouses and fix what was missing in their marriages, they opted for each other.  Just a theory.

• Love 9

Brianna yelled at them about how she "WORKS as a nurse" and had no time for this ridiculous drama.

And now she's gleefully up to her chins in it.

Wow, helluva catch. Love the pearl clutch at 0:19.

Edited by jaync
  • Love 4

Divorce is better than a bad or abusive marriage.  my parents had a verbally and emotionally abusive marriage for my entire memory and living at my house meant walking on eggshells all the time, waiting for the next shouting match to erupt.  we had to move out of my childhood home the day my parents split officially, but it was such a relief to have peace.

And those were the circumstances I stated were legitmate causes. Also, sometimes a not so comfortable situation (not speaking of your situation) or outcome is what some parents decide is better than  financial instability, incorporating new partners, spouses, manuevering through custody disputes, visiting schedules, more anger and animosity at living seperate lives but still being dependent on each other for connections that can't be severed.  There's a whole new can of worms that open up with divorce that doesn't necessarily lead to a better more peaceful life. I just think that there is something to be said for really discussing and evaluating what the aftermath of a split will really consist of before actually making the decision and then being blindsided by what's to come.  I think, maybe I also advocate for at least REALLY discussing it in length and also touching base on the typical negative pitfalls that arise, then actually coming up with an agreed game plan for post marriage conduct with each other and with the children. So to me divorce is an option of course I just hate it when the decision is made so irresponsibly and with such lack of regard to how life changing and significant the decision is to more than just the person wanting out.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 3

But Brianna wants to keep commenting on it in general. She initiates the pearl clutching over and over again about how Vicki moved Brooks in. It's Brianna continuously bitching about it. So yeah, Brianna can stay away all she wants cause that's her choice but it's the part where she continues to treat it like something wrong on Vicki's behalf. Vicki wants her boyfriend living with her. Very reasonable thing for a women to want so to act like it was something deliberately against Brianna is what makes it ridiculous. Brianna doesn't want to ever be around Brooks. Fine. Brooks lives in Vicki's house. Fine. What else needs to be said about it? Brianna won't visit if Brooks is there. End of story. Why is it still up for debate or continuous comment with Brianna? Like a fight she's constantly having and a continuous betrayal by Vicki. So today: My mom betrayed me cause Brooks lives there. Tomorrow: Wow, my mom has betrayed me AGAIN cause Brooks is still living there. Like come on already....!!

I think Briana's comments about Vicki moving Brooks in has to do with the way she found out about it. Vicki did NOT tell her, a friend saw a post/video about it on either Vicki's FB page or her twitter and let Briana know about it.

• Love 3

Okay, reputation, rather.  And I'm not talking about The Inquisitr, I'm talking about the responses to Jim's..errr, Meghan's tweets.  You can see the responses here;

https://twitter.com/JimEdmonds/status/658853668653940736

and here; https://twitter.com/JimEdmonds/status/658733108502528000

Thanks.  The Twits that tweeted them all included Vicki which proved my point.

His "reputation" won't be damaged.  This is all a PR stunt.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

I think Briana's comments about Vicki moving Brooks in has to do with the way she found out about it. Vicki did NOT tell her, a friend saw a post/video about it on either Vicki's FB page or her twitter and let Briana know about it.

It must be a family thing-Michael learned of his sister's elopement on Facebook.  I have to disagree I think Briana hates Brooks how she found out about him moving in is probably way down the list.  Plus it guaranteed Briana a paycheck for this season.

• Love 1

I guess it's not an option because I think she feels that adults and people who can see passed their own individual needs would be able to stick with honoring a commitment "through good times and bad", "sickness health" those vows represent the idea that no matter what, short of abuse, there is a promise not to give up especially for self centered reasons which let's be honest reasons a lot of people somehow turn into unbearable tortures in order to make them legimate reasons to be let out of a contract, a vow, a commitment to tackle life together and support one another. It's not just about the fire and romance and connection of the original two but the reality of manuvering through life's trials with someone in your corner because it's hard to do alone and much more agonizing to redefine once children are involved. It just made perfect sense to me because if more people treated their circumstances like divorce wasn't an option there would be more dedicated attempts to appreciate and look towards the good that's present. Something that this world as a whole lacks a lot of now a days. I think there is a lot to evaluate besides complete personal satisfaction when contemplating divorce. How others are affected should definitely be taken into consideration especially if the others in question are your children. If there is going to be damage done regardless what's the lesser of two evils? I don't think it's so cut and dry and a lot of time that's simple decision "to be happier" doesn't turn out to be the case after the fact anyway and that's just insult to injury all around. 

Sorry, but I don't agree with any of your post.  I lived thru my parents' horrible misery of a marriage when I was a small child & while it didn't leave any scars on me or my siblings (thankfully), they both happily remarried others.  They realized they just weren't suited for each other & moved on (again, thankfully).  If they held your (or Shannon's) beliefs, my siblings & I would have grown up with horrible fighting, that was unbearable to listen to.  Actually, their personalities changed drastically when they divorced.  Together, they were miserable & hateful -- to each other & everyone around them.  Apart, they turned happier & nicer.  I'm so thankful & grateful to my parents they didn't have your point of view.  It was much harder back then for people to divorce (the stigma, etc.), so they actually were both pretty brave.  I commend them.

I don't commend Shannon for trying to save her crap marriage.  She's just deluding herself.  The problems in that marriage run very, very deep & it's not a matter of making a "lite" decision to divorce.  Everyone involved would be happier.  But ultimately it's their choice.  And it should be a viable option to consider.  To not consider it is what's a mistake to me.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 15

I will never think that Brooks is anything but a scuzzy loar but Briana ain't no angel and neither is her husband. There will never be an excuse for her husbands actions to Judy last season. And Briana? I dont care if you had to scrubcouxhes until your fingers split, your husband was wrong and you were too for not stepping up to him. Get off the show and love your own life i stead of dealing with your mom and Brooks.

• Love 8

It must be a family thing-Michael learned of his sister's elopement on Facebook.  I have to disagree I think Briana hates Brooks how she found out about him moving in is probably way down the list.  Plus it guaranteed Briana a paycheck for this season.

Learning about your sisters marriage is different than learning your mother moved a guy you dislike/distrust into her home IMO. I think Briana would/could forego the Bravo paycheck, it would not be much money as she is not on the show very often now, give up the show IF it were up to her BUT I suspect/believe that Vicki begs her to be on the show because she, Vikic, needs to show her family to keep her Orange.

• Love 2

No matter how much Vicki may have begged, Brianna is a grown ass woman who made her own decision to be a part of the show.

They may have meant well, but I wish Heather and Tamra had let Shannon finish answering Andy's question regarding the cheating. Because, while there may be no excuse for the act, there's still a reason why it happened. Shannon's nagging might just be a simple truth, it doesn't mean she's at fault.

• Love 7

No matter how much Vicki may have begged, Brianna is a grown ass woman who made her own decision to be a part of the show.

They may have meant well, but I wish Heather and Tamra had let Shannon finish answering Andy's question regarding the cheating. Because, while there may be no excuse for the act, there's still a reason why it happened. Shannon's nagging might just be a simple truth, it doesn't mean she's at fault.

Yes I was curious too to hear Shannon's answer. There really are no boundaries on these shows. What a tacky question for Andy to even ask. Yeah I know.......consider the source.

And yes I know, Shannon is the one that made the affair part of the story, still doesn't mean every question needs to be asked.

• Love 4
They may have meant well, but I wish Heather and Tamra had let Shannon finish answering Andy's question regarding the cheating. Because, while there may be no excuse for the act, there's still a reason why it happened. Shannon's nagging might just be a simple truth, it doesn't mean she's at fault.

Right. I think it's important to make a distinction between a cause and an excuse. Shannon is in now way to blame for David cheating. I don't care how bad the marriage was - you address it and try to fix it, or you leave. But I don't think there's anything wrong with talking about why the marriage was in a bad place. Shannon and David probably both contributed to the distance and dysfunction between them. And it didn't seem like either was working too hard on fixing it prior to the affair being made public. Shannon was half nagging, half denying....and David was going off on the sly. 

• Love 5

Agreed! They weren't being supportive they were being judgemental and the question was directed to Shannon and HER actual situation not what everyone's opinion was of cheating in a marriage.

• Love 5

Yes I was curious too to hear Shannon's answer. There really are no boundaries on these shows. What a tacky question for Andy to even ask. Yeah I know.......consider the source.

And yes I know, Shannon is the one that made the affair part of the story, still doesn't mean every question needs to be asked.

I love me some reality show drama and salaciousness but these shows have really started crossing the line IMHO.  Production needs to go back and rethink the direction it is going.  That doesn't necessarily let the HWs off the hook though.  At some point, you pick up whatever shreds of dignity you have left and draw your own boundaries.  However, this is just getting so far away from reality that it isn't even entertaining anymore.  

As for Shannon staying in the marriage, meh, every person have their own ways of dealing with issues of infidelity.  Personally, I think that they (Shannon and David) are creating an extremely unhealthy environment for their children through this time (ex. continuing with this show!).  I wasn't a big Tammy Knickerbocker fan but I give mad respect when she left the show because her daughters were having issues after their father's death.

• Love 9

I'm so with you on that.  I never thought Alexis was beautiful; very attractive yes.  IAnd I think she's a sweet person.  But she seemed painfully dumb to me.

LuAnn is really flawless.  A classic beauty who almost always looks elegant whether dressed up or down.  She also has a great sense of humor.  

I'd also add Cynthia Bailey to the most beautiful.  The bone structure is just incredible on her.  I don't always like the make-up or hair, but she's just gorgeous.

Yeah I think Alexis is pretty, but in a very made-up, superficial, almost plastic-y way.  I put Gretchen and Tams in this category, too - although I actually think both Gretch and TammySue have more "natural beauty" that they cover up with gobs of makeup and and 1/2 gallon of AquaNet.   

Despite a somewhat awful personality, I think that Joanna Krupa from Miami is the most beautiful of all the Housewives. But I agree that Luanne and Cynthia are amongst some of the most visually striking. I can't stand Lydia from Melbourne, but I admit she is a very pretty woman, as is Kristen from NYC.

ITA . This is a lesson I learned from my husband sometimes less is more. The less you bitch the more people will listen when you do. When you are talking about the "family couch" you have just entered the realm of the ridiculous . What's next? The family can opener? Also a hard earned life lesson don't complain about where you live to the people that live there . I moved to NC from NY about 15 years ago for my husbands job. I was really looking forward to the move and I was shocked to discover I hated it . I had some sense knocked into me when I saw a bumper sticker that read WE DONT CARE HOW YOU DO IT UP NORTH.

"Family can opener"--you kill me! And UGH to that bumper sticker. 

• Love 5
Not quite the same sting but how about lothario?

Lothario is a bit of a compliment for the personality-less David.  I think he needs to have a few more conquests under his belt (pun intended) before he reaches Lothario level.

• Love 2

Yeah I think Alexis is pretty, but in a very made-up, superficial, almost plastic-y way.  I put Gretchen and Tams in this category, too - although I actually think both Gretch and TammySue have more "natural beauty" that they cover up with gobs of makeup and and 1/2 gallon of AquaNet.   

Despite a somewhat awful personality, I think that Joanna Krupa from Miami is the most beautiful of all the Housewives. But I agree that Luanne and Cynthia are amongst some of the most visually striking. I can't stand Lydia from Melbourne, but I admit she is a very pretty woman, as is Kristen from NYC.

Totally agree about JoAnna Krupa.  She's really flawless and I always loved the way she dressed. 

• Love 8

If they held your (or Shannon's) beliefs, my siblings & I would have grown up with horrible fighting, that was unbearable to listen to.  Actually, their personalities changed drastically when they divorced.  Together, they were miserable & hateful -- to each other & everyone around them.  Apart, they turned happier & nicer.

Maybe if so many American adults weren't such big babies, they COULD be happier and nicer within the original marriage.  Our divorce rate is the second highest in the world … Canadians divorce at half our rate.  And look at who the children of divorce pick for a marriage partner … Raging Ryan, Rapin' Ryan, Joshua … 

• Love 4

Maybe if so many American adults weren't such big babies, they COULD be happier and nicer within the original marriage.  Our divorce rate is the second highest in the world … Canadians divorce at half our rate.  And look at who the children of divorce pick for a marriage partner … Raging Ryan, Rapin' Ryan, Joshua … 

Bravo.  I know way too many people who upon review, wish they would have put the energy into their marriage that they did their divorce.  I was just happy to hear not one RH said she thought David and Shannon should have divorced because after all we all know what is best for their family.  I understood what Shannon was trying to say, after being in therapy with David, I am sure he went into how he was feeling and what his thoughts were at the time of the affair.  The answer to why one cheated is not - you should leave first.  Most people would consider that a non sequitur.  When someone commits embezzlement the answer to why isn't, I should have gotten a loan.  The answer is usually I needed the money for x, y or z and either they thought they would pay it back, they deserved it or not get caught.

• Love 1

Regarding how classless Vicki is, Briana doesn't bother me that much. She's not even on the show that much plus I'd love to hear more about the disgusting Brooks. I'm sure Briana knows where a lot of the bodies are buried when it comes to that slime ball. I find it interesting that Briana feels no loyalty towards her mother. She actually sat there and told us how he had behaved with her? And how Vicki reacted calling her own daughter a liar? I can't help but think that if Briana were 12 yrs old & Brooks had molested her, would Vicki still stand by her man? Probably. Vicki is obviously starved for male attention. This woman is beyond help. And I think her daughter is headed in the same direction. Briana's husband is no prize. He has anger issues that will affect their marriage. I hope VG is gone next season. I can't watch her anymore. She's beyond pathetic.

• Love 7

Re: Brooks' slimy comments to Brianna - I suspect that his motive wasn't to get into her pants. Given his conman character, it's possible that he wanted to deliberately create a wedge between her and her mother. And based on Vicki's history of loudly defending him from any detractors - Brooks would have to know that Vicki wouldn't believe Brianna and would take his side. What better way to isolate Vicki (and her money) from her daughter? There's something else that bothers me about Brooks (aside from the lack of child support payments and the history of lying about cancer). When he first appeared on the scene some people commented that he looked like Don. But then I remember seeing an old photo of him online in which he had a completely different look (aside from the teeth). It made me wonder if he had seen Vicki on the show, and specifically targeted her. He certainly knew how to develop the persona that she, with all her neediness, would fall for. It all seems very calculated on his part. Maybe someone here can help me with the timeline. These two ill-fated lovebirds didn't meet until after the show had been aired - right?

Edited by Mannahatta
  • Love 8

Bravo.  I know way too many people who upon review, wish they would have put the energy into their marriage that they did their divorce.  I was just happy to hear not one RH said she thought David and Shannon should have divorced because after all we all know what is best for their family.  I understood what Shannon was trying to say, after being in therapy with David, I am sure he went into how he was feeling and what his thoughts were at the time of the affair.  The answer to why one cheated is not - you should leave first.  Most people would consider that a non sequitur.  When someone commits embezzlement the answer to why isn't, I should have gotten a loan.  The answer is usually I needed the money for x, y or z and either they thought they would pay it back, they deserved it or not get caught.

Do couples divorce too quickly & easily now?  I have no idea about that.  Could be.  But if anyone on either of those couches, including Satan Andy, and even any viewers, demand (or suggest) Shannon & David should divorce, they'd be way out of line.  That is a decision for the 2 of them to make.  Hey, I work with someone who hasn't lived with his wife in over 20 years & they never divorced & are happy & don't plan to divorce.  Couples should choose whatever works for them.

The cast & viewers can offer up opinions on the Beador marriage, but it's ultimately up to them what they want to do.  It seems like Shannon is being straight with us, but I don't think she is.  Or maybe she's so deluded she's not actually understanding her own motivations for holding so tightly onto this awful marriage.  I've said this before -- there's a lot going on with the Beador marriage we don't know about & those 2 are not sharing with us & they're NEVER gonna share with us.  It's kinda hard to make judgements when you don't have the whole story -- or you're missing large chunks.  Idk what exactly is going on with their marriage, and it's only my hunch, happily married Shannon ain't gonna stay that way for long.

• Love 4

"Family can opener"--you kill me! And UGH to that bumper sticker. 

I forgot about Joanna.  She is gorgeous and has a fabulous body.  I might have to switch my vote from Luanne to her......

• Love 2

Thanks.  The Twits that tweeted them all included Vicki which proved my point.

His "reputation" won't be damaged.  This is all a PR stunt.  

I'm not following because I don't see anything about Vicki in tweets like these;

Sandra ‏@SandraBilotta   Oct 29

@JimEdmonds JIm, been a Cards fan since I was a kid. U r one of my fav players. Why are u involving urself in this catty bs? Let down. :(

@JimEdmonds @LoveAndyC @vgunvalson Jim why are u twitting, not a good look, leave this to the ladies,no mans business

@JimEdmonds @vgunvalson Wow, your career has come to this? You're embarrassing yourself engaging in this. You aren't a housewife. #stop

...and many more.  The only reason @vgunvalson is in some of the tweets is because they were replying to the last tweet by him (aka Meghan masquerading as him), which contained @vgunvalson.

Edited by cherry slushie

I don't get why or how Heather gets satisfaction from being on this show. Even if a lot of people think she is a phony on this show, she WAS a legit actress some twelve or so years back and starred,in a decent drama that only lasted a season or two. She probably could have had a decent if not spectacular career if she had chosen that route. Why she would pursue this avenue of "fame" baffles me. She doesn't need the money as far as I can tell and she still has to invest a certain amount of time to "rehearsing", filiming, those trips etc...a few seasons back she seemed to be using her free time to audition. I guess she dropped pursuing acting to be home more? Yet she is on the run all the time anyway. Oh well. Whatever.

Agree about Joanna Krupa, she is by the most beautiful from all of the shows. I watched a few seasons of Poland's Next Top Model online a few years ago and she is great on that and always looked fabulous.

• Love 2
Re: Brooks' slimy comments to Brianna - I suspect that his motive wasn't to get into her pants. Given his conman character, it's possible that he wanted to deliberately create a wedge between her and her mother. And based on Vicki's history of loudly defending him from any detractors - Brooks would have to know that Vicki wouldn't believe Brianna and would take his side. What better way to isolate Vicki (and her money) from her daughter?

I could totally get on board with this. Brooks has always struck me as someone who is very methodical, very deliberate. He plans out what he is going to do and say and he does not let emotion come into play. Not on camera anyhow. We've heard stories of him grabbing Vicki, calling up Shannon and yelling at her, telling Ryan to hit Brianna. But on camera, he is always even keeled, smiling, and calm. I think he works very hard at his image, and is always plotting behind the scenes. I may sound like a crazy, paranoid woman, but that's how I see him. 

And as for what someone posted upthread about Vicki being the type to side with her man, even if he actually abused her child in some way - pure speculation, but I'd get on board with that theory as well. Vicki is so freaking needy in the love department, I think she'd put her man above virtually anything. We all guess, from what we've seen, that she never really had a close relationship with her mother. What's the deal with her father? I'd like to know more about that. 

Personally, I don't think Brianna expects to be the priority in her mother's life. That was brought up because Vicki stated that now that Brooks is gone (for now....again) her children are her priority. Like, "Of course they are". And Brianna was just refuting that; she doesn't feel that's the case. She's not insisting that as a grown, married woman she be her mother's number one priority, but don't say I am to try and make yourself look good. 

• Love 7

I don't get why or how Heather gets satisfaction from being on this show. Even if a lot of people think she is a phony on this show, she WAS a legit actress some twelve or so years back and starred,in a decent drama that only lasted a season or two. She probably could have had a decent if not spectacular career if she had chosen that route. Why she would pursue this avenue of "fame" baffles me. She doesn't need the money as far as I can tell and she still has to invest a certain amount of time to "rehearsing", filiming, those trips etc...a few seasons back she seemed to be using her free time to audition. I guess she dropped pursuing acting to be home more? Yet she is on the run all the time anyway. Oh well. Whatever.

Agree about Joanna Krupa, she is by the most beautiful from all of the shows. I watched a few seasons of Poland's Next Top Model online a few years ago and she is great on that and always looked fabulous.

You can credit Heather's fame whore husband for why she is on the show. Ain't love grand?

On another subject:

Why is no one up in arms about Brianna's threat to kill Brooks? Oh, could it be that she wasn't really serious? Hmm like maybe a stupid drunk comment joking about someone beating her to keep her in line? Oh, no wait.....if Brooks said it, then he must have meant it. No double standards there.

Edited by Grneyedldy
  • Love 9

It was Terry's idea for Heather to be on the show, he has the "reality fame" bug so to speak, not Heather. Terry did that Swan show and is still doing Blotched, with a soon to be second Blotched show starting up. Heather still acts in legit acting roles and I think that is still her goal, to get back into acting on a regular basis, she quit acting when she had kids.

• Love 2

Although I haven't seen base housing for decades, Brianna's home doesn't look anything like the houses I remember.

I thought that too... but it has been ages for me as well. Just saying, trade off is nicer house but give up that support of the military wives. High price, Especially when the kids are young. But, it may have been a calculated decision because I dont think the military would have approved Bravo filming on base.
  • Love 3