Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E21: Reunion Part 2

• Start Topic

If Tamra has 50/50 custody, why isn't Sidney spending her time with her mom? I didn't want to spend my time as a kid with my parents but I had too. That's your mom, you are a kid, you spend your time with your mom and your dad. What's with getting to chose where to live? Of course that is going to make it easy for Simon to manipulate Sidney. He should be encouraging her to spend time with her mom, not forcing the two apart. That is just so wrong. The judge should say, "No, you spend half your time with your mom, and half with your dad." kids everywhere don't like their parents and are embarrassed by them. You are still the child and you still live with your parents. This is going to be a huge problem forever now. Sidney will get married and have kids and Tamra will be shut out.

I think in NY state, at 13 or 14-years old, the child can choose which parent they wish to live with. Maybe California has a similar law. Edited by talula

Granted, I didn't see all of this season's episodes.

I do remember her talking about Simon and her custody situation. Didn't she talked about it w/ her pasture? Didn't she use it as an excuse for her behavior last year when she was talking about her spiritual quest w/ her pasture?

No, what Tamra said was that she had a very bad year last year. She never mentioned either Simon or Sydney by name or said it was about child custody. Most of us, the viewers, knew what she was talking about without her actually saying it because it was inthe press/tabloids but still, she never did come out and talk about it/said it directly.

Yeah. Heather was right about the human body's natural cleansing ability.

Why then did she put leeches on her tummy?

I'm leaning more towards depressed.

The way she turns a phrase didn't seem affected to me.

Yeah. She didn't seem to have any fight left in her, fr/ what I saw.

----

That was Terry's idea and Heather went along with him. He was looking into a skin treatment that Demi Moore has done using leeches for her skin/face. Heather said that Terry tries these things on himself before he promotes or does it on patients/customers.

• Love 1

What does this mean?  Is it something she shared on the internet about her custody issues and then credited JT?  I'm confused.

if memory serves, Tamra posted a picture of someone holding a sign with something photoshopped on it supporting her.
  • Love 2

That's all well and good except for the fact she's on a television show with cameras all around her.  I can't imagine acting the way she does if I was truly in a custody battle in which anything I do could be used against me.

I wouldn't act that way either, but she was at an adult party where no children were present. She didn't break any laws and she didn't put her children in any kind of danger. What she did was tacky and embarrassing sure, but it wasn't abusive so I can't see how what she did on that one night would impact her custody. 

• Love 8

That's definitely Meghan.  My only question is; why would Jim allow her to do this?  Is it worth risking this kind of damage to his sports legacy and image to placate his mean girl wife over a woman she hates?  Baseball and sports fans are tweeting how disgusted they are with 'his' tweets.  He could lose his broadcasting job!

I'll be surprised if this marriage even makes it 5 years.

Those tweets are not going to damage Jim's sports legacy.     That is based on his career performance.  

As for the comments from alleged "baseball and sports fans".......do you really think those fans are reading the Inquisitr?  I don't.   More than likely those comments are from Vicki fans or Vicki's paid Tweeter Brigade.

Publicity is the name of the game.  Jim's broadcasting job in St. Louis doesn't have the reach of Bravo's HWs.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7

I wouldn't act that way either, but she was at an adult party where no children were present. She didn't break any laws and she didn't put her children in any kind of danger. What she did was tacky and embarrassing sure, but it wasn't abusive so I can't see how what she did on that one night would impact her custody. 

Yeah, good point.  

On Brianna, as much as Brooks is a creepy jerk, I just don't see him hitting on her.  I picture his "hitting" on her is very much like Vicki's imagining that David hit on her.  

• Love 11

Yeah, good point.  

On Brianna, as much as Brooks is a creepy jerk, I just don't see him hitting on her.  I picture his "hitting" on her is very much like Vicki's imagining that David hit on her.  

I agree. He may have said the Girth Brooks comment but I don't think it was meant the way she took it. If he said it he did it to shock her because he's slimy.

• Love 5

Those tweets are not going to damage Jim's sports legacy.     That is based on his career performance.  

As for the comments from alleged "baseball and sports fans".......do you really think those fans are reading the Inquisitr?  I don't.   More than likely those comments are from Vicki fans or Vicki's paid Tweeter Brigade.

Publicity is the name of the game.  Jim's broadcasting job in St. Louis doesn't have the reach of Bravo's HWs.

Okay, reputation, rather.  And I'm not talking about The Inquisitr, I'm talking about the responses to Jim's..errr, Meghan's tweets.  You can see the responses here;

https://twitter.com/JimEdmonds/status/658853668653940736

and here; https://twitter.com/JimEdmonds/status/658733108502528000

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 2

I detest Alexis because I detest dumb people, but I still think she is the most beautiful HW ever.

I can stand 'dumb' people either.  I don't know if she's the most beautiful.  I would have to put Kristen right up there with her. 

Luanne is the one I'd choose for overall looks and body.   She's amazingly proportioned and natural looking in that department.  I like that Luanne can play tennis and be probably able to be good at other sports like stuff.  Alexis and Kristen look like they would be kind of gawky.  Beyond that, I only like Luanne when she's a 'friend' of the housewives.

• Love 5

Yeah, good point.  

I can see him doing it to test Vicki's loyalty to him, not that he was serious about "wanting" Briana, she doesn't have the money to support him.

I agree. He may have said the Girth Brooks comment but I don't think it was meant the way she took it. If he said it he did it to shock her because he's slimy.

I could agree that he did it to shock her, get a rise out of her, make her angry so that she would tell Vicki as a test for Vicki AND to show/prove to Briana that HE comes first with Vicki, not her kids.

• Love 5

That was Terry's idea and Heather went along with him. He was looking into a skin treatment that Demi Moore has done using leeches for her skin/face. Heather said that Terry tries these things on himself before he promotes or does it on patients/customers.

I assume Terry and Heather would try any treatment as long as they can do it on camera.  Anything for more camera time. 

• Love 9

I don't know if Brooks was 'hitting' on her but I can understand why Brianna took it that way.  I think his objective was that he was drunk and was bragging to the one person who is the biggest competitor with him and his target, Vicki.  Brooks is a salesmen.  And his 'smooth' talk has probably been successful.  Ya know, the concern, the ego feeding, etc.  He tried it with Michael the first time he met him and Mike wanted nothing to do with it.  It didn't work with Brianna either.  Must have been very frustrating for old Brooks because Brianna didn't fall for the 'game'.  The guy's got a big ego.  So when the guy's drunk, he does the 'you don't know what you're missing' ploy.  When he sobered up he probably reprimanded himself in the mirror.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 6

I'm also not sure I believe her. (Please no tomato tossing). As creepy and slimy as Brooks is, I find it hard to believe he was that gross/forward with Brianna, knowing she's Vicki's daughter and would be delighted to tell Vicki all about it. He knows Brianna can't stand him, I think he'd tend to be somewhat cautious around her, knowing she's gunning for him. And Brooks had no way of knowing if Vicki would believe Brianna or not.

I think something happened because I have to believe it's not a 100% fabrication, but something is off about the whole thing, and I sense the fine hand of Ryan in this. He was the first one to bring up Brook's behavior back a few seasons ago.

I have a hard time believing Briana about this because if it were true I believe ragey Ryan would have definitely tried to beat the crap out of Brooks.  If he gets in a heated rage about someone putting their feet on a couch that doesn't even belong to him, imagine what he would do to someone who offers to show his wife their penis and hits on her while she's pregnant.  I don't believe Briana for one minute and agree with you that Ryan has something to do with her concocting that story.  I can't think of any other reason why he wouldn't have confronted Brooks about it with his fists if it were true.

• Love 11

I have a hard time believing Briana about this because if it were true I believe ragey Ryan would have definitely tried to beat the crap out of Brooks.  If he gets in a heated rage about someone putting their feet on a couch that doesn't even belong to him, imagine what he would do to someone who offers to show his wife their penis and hits on her while she's pregnant.  I don't believe Briana for one minute and agree with you that Ryan has something to do with her concocting that story.  I can't think of any other reason why he wouldn't have confronted Brooks about it with his fists if it were true.

Great point, swankie! I rarely believe anything that comes out of her mouth anymore.  She's only had like 4 or 5 encounters with Brooks, and hasn't seen him in years, yet she still bashes him incessantly with blatantly embellished stories that seem to get worse over the years,  even though (again) she's had no contact with him in years.  I also agree that Ragey Ryan is behind a lot of the Briana trash talk and attitude, as well as Tamra in relation to Vicki.

• Love 5

I was leaning toward believing Brooks over Brianna as well, for several reasons, one of which being that the camera hasn't caught him behaving badly, whereas pretty much every other cast member has had their moment in the line of fire. Surely they'd have caught Brooks being drunk and disorderly by now.

Now I'm even more convinced, because this right here? Is a great point!

if it were true I believe ragey Ryan would have definitely tried to beat the crap out of Brooks.  If he gets in a heated rage about someone putting their feet on a couch that doesn't even belong to him, imagine what he would do to someone who offers to show his wife their penis and hits on her while she's pregnant.

• Love 4

Dear god, Brianna. You're young,, educated and happily married. You have a good job and two sweet,, healthy little boys. You have a beautiful new home. You are loved and needed by those around you. And yet your raison d'etre seems to be humiliating your mother (and yourself) on TV.

I have a daughter Brianna's age. She, too, is educated, has a career and is newly married. Her focus is (as it should be) on herself, her husband and their young, exciting lives together. Oh, sure, I'm the recipient of a lot of eye rolls, but my day to day life is of really no major concern to her.

I thought that once Brianna moved to Oklahoma she'd be able to live her life out of Vicki's shadow and the glare of the RealityTelevision spotlight. But rather than embracing the opportunity to establish her own family, make her own friends and enjoy a lovely and fulfilling life, Brianna insists on reinserting herself into the silly RHOC drama. How sad for her and her children.

• Love 12

Dear god, Brianna. You're young,, educated and happily married. You have a good job and two sweet,, healthy little boys. You have a beautiful new home. You are loved and needed by those around you. And yet your raison d'etre seems to be humiliating your mother (and yourself) on TV.

I have a daughter Brianna's age. She, too, is educated, has a career and is newly married. Her focus is (as it should be) on herself, her husband and their young, exciting lives together. Oh, sure, I'm the recipient of a lot of eye rolls, but my day to day life is of really no major concern to her.

I thought that once Brianna moved to Oklahoma she'd be able to live her life out of Vicki's shadow and the glare of the RealityTelevision spotlight. But rather than embracing the opportunity to establish her own family, make her own friends and enjoy a lovely and fulfilling life, Brianna insists on reinserting herself into the silly RHOC drama. How sad for her and her children.

IMO, Vicki relys on Briana filming, she needs to show her family and Michael appears to hate filming, so that leaves Briana as her main family member willing to film, heck, even Tamra has to use Ryan to show "family". Also, Briana has always commented on her mothers behavior, outed her lies/fibs since the show started. That Briana has become even more outspoken in the last few years has to do with her intense dislike of Brooks, Vicki's ever increasing lying and if only half of Briana's claims are true, then I don't blame her speaking out. Vicki has no qualms throwing Briana under the bus, none and what mother does that to their child, adult or not?

• Love 8

Well she was on national TV...not exactly a private adult gathering.

• Love 7

I don't believe Vicki can sit through ANY situation calmly without some kind of pharmaceutical assistance. Come on. She freaks out at any and every little thing. You order a soup and salad at lunch? "What?! Just soup and salad?! Are you sick?! The chicken is great here. Order the chicken!!!" She has clearly had a Xanax or two (red bars at that).

Yes! Great analogy. I have a couple of friends that can be this way some of the time, but Vicki is typically stressful like this 24/7. It's soooooooo annoying. If I wanted the F'%#^*!! chicken, I would have ordered the darn chicken. If I eat my salad dry, do you really have to insult me Vicki?!! This is why it seemed odd to the ladies when her recent reactions were calm or sedated like actions. It's so not her. Buuuuuut. It is the reason Vicki is reality gold, over reacting and OTT about everything. She can be pretty darn funny but her negatives outweigh her positives IMO.

• Love 4

With Tamra, we have seen this for several nights for 8 seasons. If this was the only night she did something this tacky and embarrassing I would agree with you but that night, IMO, is what Tamra is all about, at least on camera.

• Love 3

I don't believe Vicki can sit through ANY situation calmly without some kind of pharmaceutical assistance. Come on. She freaks out at any and every little thing. You order a soup and salad at lunch? "What?! Just soup and salad?! Are you sick?! The chicken is great here. Order the chicken!!!" She has clearly had a Xanax or two (red bars at that).

Agreed. Plus: "SQUAWK!! I had that chicken. The chicken looked SO much better on MEEEEE! SQUAWK!" And don't forget the crazy head and eye tremors.

Ugh…definitely medicated. With tranquilizer dart…or full frontal lobotomy. 

• Love 6

ANNNND you beat me to it! I was thinking about this last night. If that had happened we'd have been reading about Ryan beating the crap out of Brooks. But? Not a peep. Hummm. Methinks Brianna lies...a lot. Or Ryan only fights 60 year old women ,not,you know,somebody who could actually hurt him!

Jims  "tweets" are all Megan. She's a bitter ole (young) hag---just like the rest of them. Don't hold yourself up to be "better" Megs. You're just as messy as they are. And Jim? You signed up wife #2 for this same show so don't be all "I didn't know what it was like" now...BS....When you got tired #2 you hurried up and married trophy wife #3 so you could be on the show! Poser.

Of course Vicky is medicated. She ain't Merle Streep and these reunions go on for 5 or 6 hours. Do you really think Vicky could be that good an actress? No way. Plus we've heard she fell asleep and that they had to take a "break" so Vicky could be more with it. Yeah....She's stoned out of her ever loving mind. And frankly I'd be to if I had to go into that knowing I'd be attacked for 6 hours.

If CPS took away every kid whose parents acted like idiots on tv, or put on a strap on, or dressed up sexy,there would be a hell of a lot of more kids in the foster system. How parents love there kids has NOTHING to do with putting on a strap on or dressing up!!!! NOTHING.....I know "exotic dancers" who love there kids more then life itself.Heck famous actresses do nude scenes and nobody yells about "the kids"........Tamra is earning a paycheck like everyone else.

• Love 8

Here's a question.  How did Brooks faking cancer hurt any of the housewives with the exception of Vicki?  If they had just accepted it, if Meghan wasn't a truffle snuffling pig, what would be the difference in their lives?  Brooks was hurting Vicki and none of them.   Vicki bought into him hook, line, and sinker.  They may have begun all the questioning over concern for Vicki, but it sure morphed into being all about themselves.  Vicki lied to me!  I though Vicki was my friend!  I've been emotionally scarred by that horrible Vicki!  They aren't the victims here.  Brooks isn't living with them.  He isn't taking their money.  All the self-righteous indignation and chest thumping over it just seems odd.  All right, it's all been exposed.  Brooks is gone and Vicki is a lone, lorn mess.  And she isn't thanking any of you for it.  Maybe that's the answer.  She's not grateful for how it all played out.  

• Love 8

We've all know men like Brooks. You know, the kind that don't remember your name but are all "hey darlin', you're looking beautiful as always" . I think he said something inappropriate to Brianna but it wasn't a come on IMHO. My take is she thought her happy life would begin when Vicki was in her rear view mirror but it didn't turn out that way and she is pissed.I liked her much more when she was eye rolling behind Vicki's back. We all see that Vickie is the mother from hell and embarrassing you don't need to say a word, we all know. They say they are so close yet the will throw each other under the bus in a heartbeat. WTH?

• Love 8

ANNNND you beat me to it! I was thinking about this last night. If that had happened we'd have been reading about Ryan beating the crap out of Brooks. But? Not a peep. Hummm. Methinks Brianna lies...a lot. Or Ryan only fights 60 year old women ,not,you know,somebody who could actually hurt him!

Jims  "tweets" are all Megan. She's a bitter ole (young) hag---just like the rest of them. Don't hold yourself up to be "better" Megs. You're just as messy as they are. And Jim? You signed up wife #2 for this same show so don't be all "I didn't know what it was like" now...BS....When you got tired #2 you hurried up and married trophy wife #3 so you could be on the show! Poser.

Of course Vicky is medicated. She ain't Merle Streep and these reunions go on for 5 or 6 hours. Do you really think Vicky could be that good an actress? No way. Plus we've heard she fell asleep and that they had to take a "break" so Vicky could be more with it. Yeah....She's stoned out of her ever loving mind. And frankly I'd be to if I had to go into that knowing I'd be attacked for 6 hours.

If CPS took away every kid whose parents acted like idiots on tv, or put on a strap on, or dressed up sexy,there would be a hell of a lot of more kids in the foster system. How parents love there kids has NOTHING to do with putting on a strap on or dressing up!!!! NOTHING.....I know "exotic dancers" who love there kids more then life itself.Heck famous actresses do nude scenes and nobody yells about "the kids"........Tamra is earning a paycheck like everyone else.

The reunion tapings are more like 12 hours plus. There's no doubt in my mind, Vicki knew she was going to be ganged up on and took something. I think she is playing it well......just rollover and agree to every bad thing they say. I find it to be a bit of an overkill considering all the crap that Tamra has done in the past. Tamra has never once missed an opportunity to embarrass another HW with inside info and we are supposed to be up in arms because Vicki used poor judgement commenting on Tamra's child custody situation? Can you imagine how Tamra would have acted if the situation was reversed?
  • Love 7

We've all know men like Brooks. You know, the kind that don't remember your name but are all "hey darlin', you're looking beautiful as always" . I think he said something inappropriate to Brianna but it wasn't a come on IMHO. My take is she thought her happy life would begin when Vicki was in her rear view mirror but it didn't turn out that way and she is pissed.I liked her much more when she was eye rolling behind Vicki's back. We all see that Vickie is the mother from hell and embarrassing you don't need to say a word, we all know. They say they are so close yet the will throw each other under the bus in a heartbeat. WTH?

Briana only "throws" Vicki under the bus when she outs Vicki's lies. Mainly the lies her mother tells about Brooks and Briana/Brooks on the show. JMO though

• Love 5

Can you imagine how Tamra would have acted if the situation was reversed?

I can. Tamra would get the ex on the phone during the reunion and try to get the person air out all of the dirt on air complete with screenshots of text messages screaming "It's the truth!!!" into the person's face.

• Love 5

I can. Tamra would get the ex on the phone during the reunion and try to get the person air out all of the dirt on air complete with screenshots of text messages screaming "It's the truth!!!" into the person's face.

Yep and Tamra would have never let another HW keep her private child custody situation off the show.

• Love 4

I can totally picture Tamra doing exactly as you describe.

• Love 2

ButterQueen, I hated the fit of Shannon's dress too.  It was just a hair too snug everywhere but no place more than across her chest.  Which is why God made Tailors.  One of the few non wackadoo pieces of advice my mom ever gave me was in order to see how a thing really fits, sit down in it before you buy it.

Before I forget, Vicki's dress.  Ok, her options may be limited, she would still like to look chic well put together and all that but I think I'm more mad that her post op boobs are still pendulumish.  No, that's not it, I'm mad that she insists on dressing in the women's sizes instead of accepting whatever her own is.  Lane Bryant makes stuff that is too cute for her to be walking around trying to look like a gilf.

Here is a Jim Edmonds video of his famous catches: 

^5-ing swankie.  I see how 2-1/2 ex wives.  Because back in the day?  Dude was a hottie.  He's still aight, but something other than garden variety aging has changed his face.

Shannon does have food issues.  Your stomach does not pop out when you eat one tangerine.  And you don't get an enema to get your stomach flat.  Did it bother anyone else when Shannon was saying things like, "do you know what goes on in your GUT?"  Use the word gut?  That's the new talking word for weight gain, from these non-medical gurus who talk about yeast in your gut.  Sounds like Shannon has subscribed to this new found BS.  

Typically I like Shannon but she is actually making me tired with this shit.  Citrus does the opposite of inflaming your *gut* and even if it didn't, your innards are leasing not buying it.   Maybe she's formerly anorexic or even bulemic and this is what it looks like modern day. I used to work with somebody who struggled with this as a teenager and even when I knew her some 30 years later, there were times when she'd look in the mirror and see herself as a woman teetering on the brink of obesity.  At a size 4.    That has to be exhausting.  But....

I couldn't stand how Tamra, Heather, Shannon, and Meghan backed each other up over anything that Andy threw at them.  I half expect them to be braidng each others hair in part 3.   Whining and complaining aren't good reasons for cheating?  How about adding in not having sex or sleeping in the same bed with your husband while feeling yourself ill all the time and taking quack remedies.  Sounds downright victorian.   Anyone notice the brief flash of a smile by Jim when he said they were "exploring" their babymaking options?  It's almost like he was pleased with himself for remembering that line.  Yeah, I'm talking to you Mr. Vasectomy and Ms. Sourpuss.  Gretchen tried that same storyline and it didn't fly with her either.  Of course, everything Vicki said or did was wrong, wrong, wrong.  And not only wrong for what she actually said or did.  Vicki forgot to take into account the feelings of those who just heard or were in the vicinity of her actions.  I'm surprised they didn't complain to Andy "Vicki is breathing in my direction!  Make her stop!" 

One or all of these, totally annoying.  Like perpetually, Chinese water drop torture maddening.   Girl {{toddlerwhining}} why are you "forcing" me to agree with Heather??  Lol.  There's no such thing as a good reason to cheat.  Tell her she's on your last nerve, then get some counseling or get out.   But solving a problem inside your marriage by creating a problem outside your marriage?  No sale.

• Love 7

I liked that Jim straight up admitted his behavior was what it was and it wasn't editing, but the whole "it's annoyhing there were cameras in my house" was irritating.  You signed your wife up to be on a stupid reality show.  What do you want?.

Yes, I get that he agreed to her being on the show, but they probably had conversations that he was not going to be involved with the petty fights and things. I married a strong silent type and if he felt he was being pressured into defending me or discussing any emotion at all, let alone things he could care less about, yes he would probably shut it down and be annoyed. I also think Jimmy didn't really think about the fact that since he is gone 50% of the time... that most of the time he is with his wife they would be filming or alot of it. seems obvious now, but I dont think he really thought that part through.
  • Love 5

Briana even says that Vicki did NOT make herself or Michael THE priority, that she made Brooks THE priority. Had Vicki put her adult kids first, she would NOT have moved Brooks into her house to begin with. IMO, it is telling that Vicki claims that she is "afraid" of Brooksto Andy at the very end.

So I guess in answer to the original posters question. Yes. People should always make their Grown, having a life of their own, children a priority ahead of anything else, including oneself. That's seems a bit extreme but different strokes for different folks and all that.

• Love 3

Here's a question.  How did Brooks faking cancer hurt any of the housewives with the exception of Vicki?  If they had just accepted it, if Meghan wasn't a truffle snuffling pig, what would be the difference in their lives?  Brooks was hurting Vicki and none of them.  ... All right, it's all been exposed.  Brooks is gone and Vicki is a lone, lorn mess.  And she isn't thanking any of you for it.  Maybe that's the answer.  She's not grateful for how it all played out.

I always thought Brooks was a liar and cheating Vicki for her lifestyle. And you are right, that should just be Vicki's concern. Look there are plenty of old rich men who have "trophy" wives who are signifigantly younger and they are not fooled as to why the girl is with them but they enjoy the companionship. I view Crooks the same way. Where I have a problem with him is when he claims he has cancer and then is trying to talk about this healthy juicing company that Vicki invested in and how it is helping him... well then you really need to expose him as a liar.
  • Love 4

Where I have a problem with him is when he claims he has cancer and then is trying to talk about this healthy juicing company that Vicki invested in and how it is helping him... well then you really need to expose him as a liar.

Meh, I don't think that is the responsibility of any of these housewives. If he is lying and actually said this juicing crap "cured" him then let the FDA or whatever government agency nail him to the wall. Brooks wasn't trying to sell them the detox crap so why do they even care? Vicki's cast mates have ended up looking like some petty mean girls trying to force someone off a show. Oh, and they also look crude as hell crossing boundaries of common courtesy. What's next? Asking for someone's tax records? Demanding DNA tests to prove paternity? This show has gone to shit.

• Love 6

One or all of these, totally annoying.  Like perpetually, Chinese water drop torture maddening.   Girl {{toddlerwhining}} why are you "forcing" me to agree with Heather??  Lol.  There's no such thing as a good reason to cheat.  Tell her she's on your last nerve, then get some counseling or get out.   But solving a problem inside your marriage by creating a problem outside your marriage?  No sale.

Now, I agree with this, but I'm a woman. I think if you put a great big ol' chain with a heavy weight on the end of it around a man's neck, he just might be tempted.  

• Love 1

Now, I agree with this, but I'm a woman. I think if you put a great big ol' chain with a heavy weight on the end of it around a man's neck, he just might be tempted.

As a man, I don't think anybody can "make" someone cheat. Unhappy in the relationship and "tempted"? Either go to couple's therapy and be honest with what you are feeling or file for divorce.
  • Love 12
  One of Satan Andy's guests on WWHL tonite asked why Shannon insisted divorce was not an option.  Why indeed.  Unless it's for religious reasons, it seems very strange to me. 

I'm curious I'm always so confused why people think divorce is such a great option. I mean does no one ever really dissect and completely think about what becomes the new reality when people divorce ESPECIALLY with kids? I mean I'm being absoultely sincere here. I really believe that people think of divorce as some reset, clean slate decision that you can go skipping off to go try and find someone else while the new set of circumstance are most definitely healthier for the children when that is certainly not the case. I'm sure my son is going to have a couple of therapy sessions about the ugly despair, feelings of abandonment and shaky living conditions he had to endure for the first few YEARS of the split not to mention the ugly interactions and the crying fits he had to witness his mother go through all the while seeing his father sparaticaly.

It just boggles my mind how people don't acknowledge the agony of what the new reality will be for a broken family and don't even get me started with all the emotional complications that come with blended families once that challenge is finally a possibility. Yeah, I think the idea that divorce is not an option is a rather responsible, selfless and courageous attitude. All too often now a days we are more concerned about our own welfare and accept the consequences imposed on others as necessary and justifiable just so we can proceed to take the path of least resistance and indulge our own set of limitations instead of making decisions based on the  long term, multiple parties and EVERYONE involved. I think it would do children good to see adults fight for their family and weigh all the possiblities instead of using the children as an excuse to cut and run.. Before the children was "an excuse" to stay in a bad marriage now children are used as a "legit reason" to bail on an iffy one. Sad, sad, sad.

• Love 14

So I guess in answer to the original posters question. Yes. People should always make their Grown, having a life of their own, children a priority ahead of anything else, including oneself. That's seems a bit extreme but different strokes for different folks and all that.

Vicki is the one that claimed she ALWAYS put her kids first, NOT me, nor did I say or suggest she should put Briana/family andMichael first. Should Vicki be able to date who she wants to? Of course BUT if her kids do not like that guy, she has to accept them not wanting to be around him as well. Being a parent of GROWN kids does not mean that they must go along with any and everything you want/do like they did when they were small kids either.

• Love 9

I'm pretty sure that the military provides free child care or very low tuition fees. My brother and sil were both in the air force and they have three children that were in daycare. Plus they had a housing allowance. Ryan should be receiving these benefits as well.

Maybe it has changed, but my mother received no daycare services when we were kids. Most wives help out the other wives. It is surprising to me that they know no one in OK and have no friends. It makes me think they do not live on base. Most wives and even kids of military are very quick to make friends because they are in the culture of moving and having to do it often. My mom still writes christmas cards and exchanges letters (going on 50 year friendships now) with people she only knew 2 years because of our frequent transfers.
  • Love 3

I don't believe Brianna ever told Vicki that Brooks couldn't live there. I think she simply said she wouldn't be coming around if he was there. As much as Vicki has the choice to move whomever she wants into her house, Brianna also has the choice not to be around people that make her uncomfortable. I've always thought Brooks was a total sleeze and I believe what Brianna has to say about him. From his dick comments to suggesting that Ryan hit her, it's no wonder she doesn't want to be around him. Whenever people say that you shouldn't have to choose between your kids and your mate, I always think - "Don't pick someone that makes a choice necessary". Usually when there's a choice to be made, an either or situation, it's because someone involved is a real piece of shit. I happen to think it's Brooks in this case. IMO, Vicki doesn't stay with him because he's just a wonderful guy who treats her like a queen, it's because she HATES being alone and he's the only one currently willing to fill her love tank. 

But Brianna wants to keep commenting on it in general. She initiates the pearl clutching over and over again about how Vicki moved Brooks in. It's Brianna continuously bitching about it. So yeah, Brianna can stay away all she wants cause that's her choice but it's the part where she continues to treat it like something wrong on Vicki's behalf. Vicki wants her boyfriend living with her. Very reasonable thing for a women to want so to act like it was something deliberately against Brianna is what makes it ridiculous. Brianna doesn't want to ever be around Brooks. Fine. Brooks lives in Vicki's house. Fine. What else needs to be said about it? Brianna won't visit if Brooks is there. End of story. Why is it still up for debate or continuous comment with Brianna? Like a fight she's constantly having and a continuous betrayal by Vicki. So today: My mom betrayed me cause Brooks lives there. Tomorrow: Wow, my mom has betrayed me AGAIN cause Brooks is still living there. Like come on already....!!

• Love 7

I don't believe that Shannon really believes David would choose her over his mistress who is gorgeous and doesn't nag him and boss him around. Maybe one of the many reasons that David found another woman attractive and fell in love with her is because that woman doesn't nag him, doesn't force her beliefs about homeopathic and holistic healing on to him and doesn't expect him to say 'yes dear and no dear' like a robot. In other words, maybe the other woman was just  fun and a breath of fresh air for David. The other woman probably wouldn't have asked David to check her anus for a missing plastic piece from her colonic enema. Seriously, if you have a plastic piece stuck in your anus, you will know it.

nicole-mcmackin-irvine-technology.jpg

That's the thing about mistresses. They usually are the breath of fresh air because they can. They aren't the one's cleaning up after their affair. Cleaning his dirty laundry or his house so it's easy to bring the fun and the easy breezy. The mistress doesn't have to worry about keeping David's life or children running smoothly or any of the other small details that go into the daily family routine. But that's old news when describing the appeal of mistresses.

• Love 11

Kind of OT...but Alexis kind of reminds me of Alex on RhNYC, also bragging/defending her weirdo husband.

Yeah, they did kinda come across as similar to the outsider couple living in Brooklyn. I like to figure out similar types in the franchises. Vicki=Ramona and the icing on that similar cake is they both fell asleep at their reunions.
  • Love 2

Ah, but she wasn't his mistress. David didn't support her/pay for her housing, etc. while she waited patiently for stolen hours with him. She was married, too.  Looks like they were both searching for something their marriages didn't provide.  So sad.

• Love 7

Before I forget, Vicki's dress.  Ok, her options may be limited, she would still like to look chic well put together and all that but I think I'm more mad that her post op boobs are still pendulumish.  No, that's not it, I'm mad that she insists on dressing in the women's sizes instead of accepting whatever her own is.  Lane Bryant makes stuff that is too cute for her to be walking around trying to look like a gilf.

Typically I like Shannon but she is actually making me tired with this shit.  Citrus does the opposite of inflaming your *gut* and even if it didn't, your innards are leasing not buying it.   Maybe she's formerly anorexic or even bulemic and this is what it looks like modern day. I used to work with somebody who struggled with this as a teenager and even when I knew her some 30 years later, there were times when she'd look in the mirror and see herself as a woman teetering on the brink of obesity.  At a size 4.    That has to be exhausting.  But....

What was up with the odd fitting of Shannon's dress?  Not tighty-tight-tight like everything Vicks wears or fitted till she can't breathe like Tams, but just odd.  They could all take a lesson from Heather.  Everything she wears fits her perfectly.

Eat an orange & your stomach (er, gut -- ya have say gut very, very, very dramatically as Shannon does) extends to pregnancy proportions?  Quite a tale there, Shannon.  And this would motivate you to do a colonic?  Okaaaay.

• Love 2

But Brianna wants to keep commenting on it in general. She initiates the pearl clutching over and over again about how Vicki moved Brooks in. It's Brianna continuously bitching about it. So yeah, Brianna can stay away all she wants cause that's her choice but it's the part where she continues to treat it like something wrong on Vicki's behalf. Vicki wants her boyfriend living with her. Very reasonable thing for a women to want so to act like it was something deliberately against Brianna is what makes it ridiculous. Brianna doesn't want to ever be around Brooks. Fine. Brooks lives in Vicki's house. Fine. What else needs to be said about it? Brianna won't visit if Brooks is there. End of story. Why is it still up for debate or continuous comment with Brianna? Like a fight she's constantly having and a continuous betrayal by Vicki. So today: My mom betrayed me cause Brooks lives there. Tomorrow: Wow, my mom has betrayed me AGAIN cause Brooks is still living there. Like come on already....!!

But that is what Brianna said.  The subject gets brought up because Vicki brought it up in OK.  Vicki went crazy when Brianna said that she was going to stay at a hotel and she didn't want to kick Brooks out of the house, especially if he had cancer. 

At the lunch with Tamra, Tamra brought up Brooks.

At the reunion, Andy asked Brianna questions about Brooks.

I don't think it's about Brianna feeling betrayed but more about Vicki being involved with a guy who she feels, and pretty much the rest of Vicki's family feels, is sketchy.  Sure, she could take the attitude that it's her mother's life blah blah blah.  I don't know if I could do that if I were in that position and given my impression of Brooks. 

Yeah, Brianna has her own set of problems and probably over exaggerates but I get her concern, not necessarily how she goes about at times.

• Love 5