Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Gah, is this a "thing" with the super-woke-crunchy-youth these days?  I realize that I sound like the lady who sits on her porch in a rocking chair all day long, afghan over knees, with the hose hidden, just waiting for a kid to step on my lawn...but yuck, slimy hair pulled into a skanky bun does NOT scream "health and wellness" to me.  And her blonde roots growing in make her look like she has a receding hairline worthy of her dad's.  If you're gonna go super-dark-over-blonde, Sludge, make sure you stock up on cheap hair dye.

When the hose time comes, can I sit with you?  I'll bring the iced tea.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

So basically - just eat 245 street tacos and belch in stranger's faces if it makes you feel good and makes you happy!

I think it also means that we should ignore Janelle's "striving". Yea!!!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, toodles said:

When the hose time comes, can I sit with you?  I'll bring the iced tea.

We'll treat woke bitches like Mariah the same way that woman treated those snooty girls in the Winn Dixie scene in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes.  However, instead of saying, "Face it girls, I'm  older and have more insurance" we'll say, "Face it, girls, we're older and got more firepower!"

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Spelling
  • LOL 5
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Sorry to do this to everyone, but seriously?

9DABE3E4-7F20-4CC8-BCD8-714902D9D71C.jpeg

Omg,....  so I guess that philosophy includes.....  if taking showers and washing your hair doesn't make you happy... Don't do it... Just walk around looking sweaty, greasy, pimply in some wrinkled ugly clothing and you're GOOD!  🤓

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, nightmeri said:

I hope someone can answer this as well as it always perplexed me. When spouses separate is the wife no longer called? Do sons get their own planets and do daughters go to their husbands? Kody’s planet could potentially be populated by Christine (I know this is a stretch, bare with me) as Robyn and Jennelle had other husbands and Mary is divorced/might leave. No wonder he and Christine are so cuddly lately: practicing for the afterlife 

Already answered!  Nevermind!

Edited by Natalie68
20 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2A3E5BFD-8929-4FD9-A522-BEB3298AF605.jpeg

3BD0CA8B-2634-4AF9-B793-54F2EAD45669.jpeg

Sorry to do this to everyone, but seriously?

9DABE3E4-7F20-4CC8-BCD8-714902D9D71C.jpeg

Her "tips" are about as bad as Janelle's. 

Actually, Mariah, there is solid science to support what has worked well for many people (and you don't even need scientific studies to understand patterns when you see them)--and it's fairly simple:

* Processed foods are bad

* Whole foods are good

* Sitting too much is bad

* Physical activity is good

* Sugary drinks are bad

* Water is good 

But, hey, just do what makes you "happy" because, you know, everyone's different and there's too much out there to figure out what works (says the twit who has no qualifications to give wellness advice). How much more vague and uninspiring can she be?

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Actually, Mariah, there is solid science to support what has worked well for many people (and you don't even need scientific studies to understand patterns when you see them)--and it's fairly simple:

* Greasy, unkempt, hair is bad.

* Shampoo is good.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

Fun fact (or TMI):  when I was pregnant the one symptom I got early on was incredibly greasy hair and nothing seemed to help.  Finally, I had almost that exact thought, "If Dawn is good enough for a duck in an oil spill, it's good enough for me!"  I can attest that it works.  Get scrubbing, Mariah!

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Those sad little doggies look like they could use an ESH(uman) in their lives.

Two educated women living together . . . whose crap is piled up on the floor?  I couldn't live like that.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Two educated women living together . . . whose crap is piled up on the floor?  I couldn't live like that.

IKR?  Don't know how Audge was raised, but pretty sure Meri would never have tolerated that in her home.  That kind of rebellion is usually over with by late teens when young adults take pride in their ability to provide for themselves....oh wait, Meri is probably footing the bill for her education, accommodations, health clubs and expensive restaurant meals.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

And even if that's how you live wouldn't a normal person take 2 seconds and toss them out of photo range?

Nope, just leave the shit tossed here and there while you go online to pontificate and coach others. 🙄

I'm hesitant to ask what that stain is on the couch because I'm afraid it's sweaty ass juice...  and not from the dogs.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I'm hesitant to ask what that stain is on the couch because I'm afraid it's sweaty ass juice...  and not from the dogs.

LOL!   But yeah.... most normal people toss the clutter out of the way and maybe crop out the butt stain.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
On 3/10/2019 at 11:36 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

I've been trying different chip brands recently, such as Off the Beaten Path lentils and rice chips,  and the  Beanitos brand.  Have to watch the salt intake on these, and some of the Beanitos can be quite dense, but it does satisfy the chip craving.  I've also began trying popcorn like Smartfood.  Still got the fat and salt, though.

I've started popping my own popcorn and seasoning it with nutritional yeast flakes. Not that bad actually, and appeals to the savory side. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Sparkles87 said:
On 3/10/2019 at 10:36 AM, Rabbit Hutch said:

I've been trying different chip brands recently, such as Off the Beaten Path lentils and rice chips,  and the  Beanitos brand.  Have to watch the salt intake on these, and some of the Beanitos can be quite dense, but it does satisfy the chip craving.  I've also began trying popcorn like Smartfood.  Still got the fat and salt, though.

I've started popping my own popcorn and seasoning it with nutritional yeast flakes. Not that bad actually, and appeals to the savory side. 

We have a World Market store that carries these cauliflower puffs that are actually very good!  They look like cheetos, but whiter.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/19/2019 at 5:59 AM, Kohola3 said:

And, as a peremptory strike, I hereby declare that I do not want my afterlife anywhere in the vicinity of this cockamamie bunch so leave me off the baptism list.  I have no desire to be anybody's servant through eternity.

There are only two ways around it: do not have a published obituary, and do not have any mormon friends or family members because they will drop a dime on you. They can't and won't resist the glory of saving your immortal soul.

Many years back, before I knew as much as I know now, I was quite flattered when my nephew came to me out of the blue with all kinds of questions about my family tree - and I gave him reams of names, dates of birth and death, and where they lived and died. Four generations' worth. Right after he got what he wanted he reverted back to his standoffish ways. Later, after learning what I know now, I threatened him with unholy revenge from the atheist beyond if he proxy baptizes me but I have absolutely zero faith that he will respect my wishes. 

After my dad, my nephew's grandfather, died at age 93 I asked if he baptized my dad and I could tell that he was lying when he said he didn't. My dad belonged to the Methodist church and sang in the choir for 70+ years and my nephew knows that. Such a blatant and uncalled for display of disrespect! 

Last Thanksgiving - after not seeing or hearing from him since the August birthdays, and we live 5 miles apart - he called at 2pm and invited me and my sister for dinner, just as I was pulling our turkey-for-two from the oven. Which I took as a passive-aggressive backhanded invitation. What a little punk, right? I am leaving my estate to a family friend because I don't have any non-mormon relatives left. Karma!

• Love 10

So what would be the purpose of baptizing someone into the Mormon faith after they've passed?  Is it really because the Mormons can claim that they've saved non-Mormon souls in the afterlife?  I'm trying to wrap my head around why it makes sense to "baptize" a deceased person into a faith they clearly did not follow while they were alive.  Do people get "credit" for how many souls they can gather?  Is there a ceremony for each baptism?

So many questions, probably most without logical answers.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

1) So what would be the purpose of baptizing someone into the Mormon faith after they've passed? 

2) Is it really because the Mormons can claim that they've saved non-Mormon souls in the afterlife?  I'm trying to wrap my head around why it makes sense to "baptize" a deceased person into a faith they clearly did not follow while they were alive. 

3) Do people get "credit" for how many souls they can gather? 

4) Is there a ceremony for each baptism?

So many questions, probably most without logical answers.

1) Cloaked under "saving them" lies "they died before the one true church was invented in 1830/they lived in a place where the missionaries didn't knock on their door/they never met any mormons so they weren't exposed to the truth" OR "to override the choice they made to reject the one true church which they were aware of during their lifetime."  

2) Yes, it's what they're supposed to do. They are charged with saving everyone who lived and died before 1830 (which explains the importance of geneaology) and everyone who was aware of the church but rejected it by not joining. 

3) Official credit, no. Pride, oh my, yes. Missionaries compete for body and soul count (converts) during their 2-year missions. They don't get prizes but they do get admiration. The majority of missionaries get zero converts in 2 years. A Returned Missionary (RM) male or female is the hottest catch and the young singles climb over each other to get at them. 

4) A ceremony for each, but in an assembly line. Everything is done is assembly lines: baptisms, marriages, sealings. The marriages/sealings are on a bit less of a get 'em in, get 'em out basis because they are, well, alive but dilly-dallying is not permitted.  

Fundies don't do missions and they marry from within so there aren't any unbaptized ancestors that have to be chased down and proxied. So there a few differences between them and mainstream but not many. The fundies focus on anything to do with polygamy and blow off most of the rest of the teachings and the mainstream does the opposite, focusing on converting and proxy baptizing and acting like polygamy was just a phase that happened a long time ago - yet the afterlife is all about polygamy. 

In the old days it was easy to keep ceremonies and teachings a secret but all religions today are open to questions so if you insist on secrecy it backfires and makes it look like you're hiding something, like Warren Jeffs or the Moonies/Unification church or Jim Jones in Guyana. 

Edited by suomi
typo
  • Useful 5
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

Fundies don't do missions and they marry from within so there aren't any unbaptized ancestors that have to be chased down and proxied. So there a few differences between them and mainstream but not many. The fundies focus on anything to do with polygamy and blow off most of the rest of the teachings and the mainstream does the opposite, focusing on converting and proxy baptizing and acting like polygamy was just a phase that happened a long time ago - yet the afterlife is all about polygamy

In the old days it was easy to keep ceremonies and teachings a secret but all religions today are open to questions so if you insist on secrecy it backfires and makes it look like you're hiding something, like Warren Jeffs or the Moonies/Unification church or Jim Jones in Guyana. 

Love the bolded.  SPOT ON!

Also the second part - very true.   We were taught to NEVER discuss certain aspects of the religion with "outsiders" and I was just telling someone this morning that in actuality, it was probably because those outsiders would think some of the stuff was beyond ridiculous.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, suomi said:

Fundies don't do missions and they marry from within so there aren't any unbaptized ancestors that have to be chased down and proxied. So there a few differences between them and mainstream but not many. The fundies focus on anything to do with polygamy and blow off most of the rest of the teachings and the mainstream does the opposite, focusing on converting and proxy baptizing and acting like polygamy was just a phase that happened a long time ago - yet the afterlife is all about polygamy. 

Thank you, @suomi and @Kyanight - this is fascinating stuff.  

The bolded sentence packs a punch.  Wow.

So the mainstream ignores the stigma of polygamy but they believe in it regarding the afterlife?  How does that work?

• Love 4

F216A6EB-50D6-4364-B815-334E8347B705.jpeg

CB737717-43DD-4804-9D55-6C0F730BAAEF.jpeg

mariahbrwn   SoulCycle was one of the first things I fell in love with about Chicago. It was an immediate community that I felt apart of, and community is big for me. Now I have a few little communities here in the city and I love sharing Soul with my fave people swipe for the after😂😅 #soulgifted

I'm horrified.  How clueless do you have to be to wear such an unflattering, fat emphasizing outfit and then not only have a picture taken but post it for the world to see???????????

Those three are NOT a good advertisement for SoulCycle.  

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, MonicaM said:

I'm horrified.  How clueless do you have to be to wear such an unflattering, fat emphasizing outfit and then not only have a picture taken but post it for the world to see???????????

I can only imagine the camel toes as they move around.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I'm with the previous poster, Ginger! You've triggered me with this stab at  good taste and decency, and so you now owe me a venti, almond milk matcha with pure cane sugar and a smidge of caramel, STAT!  🧐😛

• LOL 5

Ginger is brave enough to capture these HORRIBLY UNFLATTERING shots of Kootie and the Gang.  

And to think in my late teens, early 20's, I thought I looked fat in pictures.  Compared to these three, I was a goddess!  And now that I'm in my 60's, I'd STILL look better, body-wise, than they do here.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

mariahbrwn   SoulCycle was one of the first things I fell in love with about Chicago. It was an immediate community that I felt apart of, and community is big for me. Now I have a few little communities here in the city and I love sharing Soul with my fave people swipe for the after😂😅 #soulgifted

Oh Mariah, honey...why?

Hot mess

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Kyanight said:

Also the second part - very true.   We were taught to NEVER discuss certain aspects of the religion with "outsiders" and I was just telling someone this morning that in actuality, it was probably because those outsiders would think some of the stuff was beyond ridiculous.

During the second wave of feminism we called those "click" moments: turning on a light and seeing something or someone clearly for the first time.

One of my early clicks happened after a discussion/debate with one of my husband's friends - we were heavily into current events, politics, etc and often had a side conversation going on that the others at any gathering rarely found interesting. One night he said "You are one of the few females I can enjoy having a serious discussion with." For a nanosecond I was flattered (old ways die hard) but then I thought "WTF, one of the few Mexicans ... one of the few Negroes ... one of the few Jews ... one of the few _ _ _." Click!

My very first click happened in junior high when I realized that loving, protecting or honoring children were not mentioned in the Ten Commandments: gods, idols, parents, envying possessions/servants/wives, adultery, stealing, lying - but zip about children. That was the first time I smelled patriarchy's foul odor. 

Edited by suomi
thought I saw a typo - aha, I KNEW I saw a typo!
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, suomi said:

My very first click happened in junior high when I realized that loving, protecting or honoring children were not mentioned in the Ten Commandments: gods, idols, parents, envying possessions/servants/wives, adultery, stealing, lying - but zip about children. That was the first time I smelled patriarchy's foul odor. 

OMG this is my CLICK MOMENT!!!  I never realized this until THIS MOMENT when I read your post!!

How sad that I never noticed before.  😞

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

OMG this is my CLICK MOMENT!!!  I never realized this until THIS MOMENT when I read your post!!

How sad that I never noticed before.  😞

Don't feel bad - it takes what it takes. 🙂

• Love 5
2 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I'm horrified, too, and I was looking for a horrified icon!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

So the mainstream ignores the stigma of polygamy but they believe in it regarding the afterlife?  How does that work?

I. Wish. I. Knew. (Just for my own small-minded satisfaction). 

If they are aware of it, it would fall under "cognitive dissonance": the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes. Is that related to hypocrisy? Awareness is not encouraged and, indeed, is not allowed because, as the often repeated saying goes, "When the Prophet speaks, the thinking has been done."

We report, you decide. LOL

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Wait, have we discussed the tattoo?  First picture no tattoo, second picture huge tattoo.  What is it with these people and trees?  You’d think they’ve spent their lives on the moon and had never seen foliage.  It could almost be an ode to Prairie Dog Plague Flats if there was an actual mountain in the distance. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Kbo said:

First picture no tattoo, second picture huge tattoo.

The second picture was taken in a mirror, so reversed - it’s her other arm. 🙂 (She wears her watch on the tattooed arm.)

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, WalrusGirl said:

The second picture was taken in a mirror, so reversed - it’s her other arm. 🙂 (She wears her watch on the tattooed arm.)

Thanks, I feel stupid. Then again, it’s simply never occurred to me to take my picture in a mirror 🤷‍♀️

• LOL 11
  • Love 1

These pictures are just two more reasons why I have no sense of jealousy about the life these self-indulgent poseurs lead.  

Not to mention . . . "It was an immediate community that I felt apart of, and community is big for me."

I'd rather feel a part of a community, not apart.

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

"It was an immediate community that I felt apart of, and community is big for me."

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the masters student.

I'm surprised SoulCycle doesn't ban them from posting.  That picture makes my eyes water.

13 hours ago, suomi said:

If they are aware of it, it would fall under "cognitive dissonance": the state of having inconsistent thoughts, beliefs, or attitudes.

Perfect description of how they "practice" their "religion".  Make the rules to suit the situation.  This whole load of BS is no longer polygamy for religious reasons.  It's polygamy for $$$$$.

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

All I can think of is how horrible this SoulCycle place must smell.

Bunch of fat assed bitches all sweating like pigs in skin tight clothing...

Camel toes as far as the eye can see.   ugh...  😲

The place must invest heavily in Febreeze and Stick-Ups.

• LOL 11
20 hours ago, AZChristian said:

These pictures are just two more reasons why I have no sense of jealousy about the life these self-indulgent poseurs lead.  

Not to mention . . . "It was an immediate community that I felt apart of, and community is big for me."

I like to like apart.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

All I can think of is how horrible this SoulCycle place must smell.

Bunch of fat assed bitches all sweating like pigs in skin tight clothing...

Camel toes as far as the eye can see.   ugh...  😲

I get the feeling she isn't concerned with her weight right now, but she has the physique of someone who looks to be in her 40s, not her 20s. As she gets older, it'll become harder for her.  Time to quit those sugary brunches to prevent The Creep as she ages (she may not care at this time, but when she goes to throw on some jeans or a shirt she hasn't worn in months and it doesn't fit, the lightbulb may turn on). 

Edited by TurtlePower
Autocorrect was wrong. Again.
  • Love 14