Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

How old are Mariah and Audrey again? Aren't they both in early to mid 20's? They both look late 30's in a lot of their pics. 

M is 26

according to google 

A it doesn’t say specifically on google

• Useful 4

Kody has always been positive and supportive of Mariah and Audrey.  He's even defended the right of his children to practice the faith they chose, though it's different from his. I would expect that to continue.  

On 3/30/2022 at 9:19 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I remember pictures of avocado toast.  Out of the four fruits that masquerade as vegetables, I only like one:  cucumbers.  So I don't get the avocado/guacamole thing that is popular.

Audrey seems far nicer IMO than Mariah.  Hopefully some of their pleasantness has modified Mariah's unpleasantness to a more acceptable level.  

It's  good to have Avocado or guacamole once a month or so for a natural detox. It's also a great  healthy protein. My problem is, I have trouble restraining myself to 1/2 an Avocado at one sitting. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Kody has always been positive and supportive of Mariah and Audrey.  He's even defended the right of his children to practice the faith they chose, though it's different from his. I would expect that to continue.  

Like a trained seal, Kody will bark out the responses he thinks are appropriate as he did when Mariah came out.  He didn't pull it off when he used the "protecting the rest of the family" excuse for not being supportive of Ysabel through her surgery.

I can't help but wonder how welcoming he (and Robyn) would be to a visit from Mariah and Audge at the present time, given the transformation Audrey is experiencing. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Kody has always been positive and supportive of Mariah and Audrey.  

Yeah, on camera.  Behind the scenes I doubt it's the same. 

While he spouts about being accepting of the choices made by his children, he has effectively cut off any of them that don't toe his very narrow line.  As far as we know he has not visited the Princess in years.  There was nothing posted from Chicago and nothing since the start of Covid in my recollection.

He says what will look good on TV but behind closed doors is entirely different, I would wager.

• Love 19

Yes, Mariah will be 27 this summer. How old you look depends a lot on how you dress. It is pretty obvious neither cares about clothes nor about what others think about their looks. They do have a remarkable talent for picking very unflattering, incredibly shabby clothes. And I also think they could do a little better when it comes to looking clean and fresh…. There’s no excuse for that!

• Love 14
(edited)
10 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

They both have nice teeth. How nice that the parents paid for dental work!

I wanted to say "are you sure about that?" Since the Browns hate to spend money on anything health related unless someone is actually dying...

But then I realised you were talking about Princess Mariah. Of course she had access to all kinds of perks and treatments the others didn't have. After all, Meri had a budget meant for 6  kids to spend on one child only! 

Edited by LilyD
grammar
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, ginger90 said:

B7109626-A779-47F1-A17D-CCFB5F73608D.jpeg

Still with the black box dye! I had hope that, like the other 2 box-dye Browns, that she’d go back to her natural blonde. And every once in a while, Mariah has blonde roots and I get hopeful (like here there’s a little root grow out).

It just looks so dull, probably due to layers and layers of dye being put on the lengths. She looks middle aged with that hair. I guess it’s a “look” she wants to have. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, iwantcookies said:

M looks more and more like her mom. The chin and smile lines are all Meri. 

How unlucky for her to resemble her mother so much. I always found Mariah the most unfortunate looking of all the girls, but she was cute when she was young with her long blonde hair. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/11/2022 at 2:33 PM, Cetacean said:

Didn't notice that Princess has a nose ring.  Audge's is more obvious to me.

It is hard not to think of bovines whenever I see Mariah's septum ring.  

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Mariah posted this, also. I don’t know if it means being a more frequent poster again, or not. 🤷🏼‍♀️

F805D73C-40D2-43D2-B7B3-CF73ADE07F94.jpeg

They sure love their nose rings… Auj has two and looks like Mariah has three… thank goodness the others are hidden 😖

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 5/14/2022 at 11:11 PM, Rabbit Hutch said:

Crikey, Mariah looks old in this pic.  The camera added 20 years on her.

That squinty-eye, toothy grin is sooo grad school, try and get an updated look, y'all.  🙄

I do wonder if for whatever reason they do this intentionally? Their look and outfits I mean? As if they're both trying to be as unattractive as possible.

It wouldn't surprise me if this is a very subtle way of being provocative too. With this, I specifically refer to the old Mariah who would sometimes say or do things that forced other people to react and then she acted like the victim. Basically like her mom, come to think of it... (though Meri is anything but subtle of course)

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

None of the of the Browns seem to have good fashion sense so Mariah and Audrey fit right in to me. The only thing that sticks out to me and this is more Mariah than Audrey is that she looks a good 20 years older than she is but that could just be genetics or poor photography I mean even Truely looked like a grandmother in a couple of pics.  

I mean honestly most of them that we see regularly (in unfiltered pics) look portly and splotchy. Sadly, I think of the adults Kody (hair not included —take that however you’d like 😂) probably has held up the best physically and he looks INSANE.  Christine improved a lot then kinda goes up and down depending on the picture, Janelle has pretty much stayed the same and Meri and Robyn fell off a cliff; so if that’s the scale, I think Mariah and Audrey are pretty average in this family, even though I wouldn’t wear anything they pick.

I’ll be honest I don’t know or understand a lot about Audrey’s journey and don’t always get the terms right, but it seems like Mariah at least publicly isn’t trying to make it all about her and that’s a major improvement for her.  I also applaud that as far as I know Mariah completed school and does have a job that doesn’t involve endless shilling of mlm crap.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
On 5/16/2022 at 4:20 PM, questionfear said:

So, no, I dont think they're being provocative, I think they're trying to work out their styles, and it's tough when that style is out of step with what people "expect". 

Thank you for the lengthy and in-depth explanation. You seem to understand this, and them in general, very well. I appreciate it a lot.

I’d like to clarify though, that it’s not necessarily their choice of clothes I refer to. I have a colleague who prefers baggy and masculine and basically just dresses like her husband, but she still looks stylish in her own style. when I still had my horses, I wasn’t very femininely dressed either when in the barn. My cousin is very hippie with clothes that sometimes almost look like rags but it still looks good on her. She really looks after herself.

It’s the way how both of them look “not fresh and clean” if you know what I mean? As if they just got out of bed and couldn’t be bothered to at least freshen up, then went to the laundry basket to grab whatever was available whether it was clean, their own on somebody else’s or a proper fit or not. As long as it was something….
Not sure if I got my view across here, but I tried.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10

I think they're just lazy. Plenty of 20 somethings (right?) are sloppy and messy. Hell, I show up for work in pajama bottoms most days without brushing my hair (in my defense I'm WFH in California working on Europe time). As far as hygiene goes, they're on par with the rest of the Browns. None of them work particularly hard on looking neat and clean. (Maybe some of the adult kids, but I can't be arsed to remember all of them.)

While their style may be a bit more reflective of their queerness, their lack of hygiene spans all orientations and gender identities.

• Love 14

I can totally understand wearing baggy clothes and being comfortable but to me Auj and Mariah usually look like they're wearing rumpled clothes from the bottom of a pile of dirty laundry and got dressed without showering or combing their hair.

Maybe they like stinky, apparently some people do 😖

Olfactophilia or osmolagnia is a paraphilia for, or sexual arousal by, smells and odors emanating from the body, especially the sexual areas.[1] Sigmund Freud used the term osphresiolagnia in reference to pleasure caused by odors.[2]

• Useful 7
6 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I can totally understand wearing baggy clothes and being comfortable but to me Auj and Mariah usually look like they're wearing rumpled clothes from the bottom of a pile of dirty laundry and got dressed without showering or combing their hair.

Maybe they like stinky, apparently some people do 😖

Olfactophilia or osmolagnia is a paraphilia for, or sexual arousal by, smells and odors emanating from the body, especially the sexual areas.[1] Sigmund Freud used the term osphresiolagnia in reference to pleasure caused by odors.[2]

Funny that you should say that, I once worked with a lady who said the smell of a sweaty man turned her on… she said “there’s nothing better than a sweaty cowboy” 🤠 *giddy-UP!*

she had a picture on her desk of a guy, covered in dirt and sweat working on an oil rig… she said that it was her “honey” and she liked to “jump his bones straight from the rig covered in sweat”

so yes there’s definitely people who like their lovers stinky.  🤷‍♀️

• LOL 7
(edited)

I don’t know anyone in real life who looks as grimy/smelly as these 2. They look like that consistently not once in a while. Their wardrobe has nothing to do with looking unkempt. 

I guess not moisturizing/wearing sunscreen aged them.

Like I said: they got nice teefs. That’s all I can say that’s nice 🤣

Edited by iwantcookies
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

They must take a lot of their photos outside, thus the squinting.  I don’t really get that their hygiene is off. They look fine to me.  I don’t think I notice that kind of thing.  I don’t think I notice the size of glasses, wrinkled clothes, etc.  In my community people wear loungewear, slippers, see through, in public all the time.  No one seems to notice. Lol.  

• Love 4
(edited)

I don’t know why but it surprises me that it’s Audrey doing the transition, I always thought Mariah seemed more likely to do that… maybe because Mariah was always so outspoken and Audrey seemed more shy/quiet.

obviously that has nothing to do with it

At any rate I’m happy for Audrey if they’re happy ❤️

Edited by Joan of Argh
She/they
  • Love 8
(edited)
22 hours ago, Absolom said:

I hope they both find their paths in life.  Audrey discussed quite a bit of depression in the past.  I hope for a happier future.

That depression could have been caused by an inner struggle: “who am I? What or who do I want to be? Can I ever really be who or what I want to be?” This is a brave step and not an easy one. 

But I can’t help but feeling extremely worried.) This is what’s going through my brain at the moment: 
I hope it’s the right decision… I know only 1 person personally who transitioned and she was 100% sure she wasn’t male as of a young age. Audrey only recently identified as being neither male nor female which is why I struggle to understand this huge step that is taken now. You choose to physically alter to a (more) male body while you only recently told us all about feeling neither…..I hope it brings happiness and a piece of mind, but I am not sure…I’m just worried that in a few years, Audrey comes to the conclusion that this body isn’t quite right either…. 
Guess this last sentence sums up my worry in a nutshell….

Again, not to be rude, I’m just an extremely open person, with a genuine interest to understand people…

Edited by LilyD
deleted double word
  • Love 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What does Audrey  mean by saying it’s amazing what time by myself has done? I thought she was still with Mariah.

Yeah, I noticed that, too. Also, when you click on the Instagram link the video has the song, “A Man Without Love” by Englebert Humperdink, playing.  Interesting choice of music— but it may not mean anything at all.

I do find it interesting that Audrey is transitioning more masculine with the hormones and top surgery than I originally thought they would as non-binary. I realize that one could be more masculine-presenting while still identifying as non-binary, but as @LilyD posted above, I ‘m a little surprised Audrey took the more drastic permanent step of top surgery.

At any rate, I hope Audrey is happy with their decision and their transition journey.

Edited by Adiba
Pronoun
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9