Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, KaveDweller said:

I thought the same thing, but I don't remember the characters name (or the name they announced) to check.

I think her name is Rachel in real life and wasn’t her character Lily or something like that? Toby’s baby mama.

1 minute ago, double-elvis said:

How nervous are the producers for giving Dave Chappelle an open mic?

Dave can be edgy, but I don't think he's suicidal.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Zanne said:

I need a link to the Overlook Hotel commercial. I went to get some dinner, was gone only a few minutes, and I missed it! Tag-nabbit! I've looked, but haven't found anything on-line, yet.

For some reason, there's a page that's cached (I hope this works for you, it has a clip) http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:y8fLjCYzf0IJ:www.adweek.com/creativity/heres-why-the-overlook-hotel-from-the-shining-got-an-ad-on-the-oscars/+&cd=17&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

6 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

As I said in the movie's thread, Marshall had the notable achievement of Josh Gad not annoying me.

Ha-Ha. Although I rather liked him in the Wedding movie with Kevin Hart. The name escapes me. 

I just rewound it to "I feel like I'm in a department store!"

As someone who has felt that more than once in my life, it confirms that Haddish is my spirit animal...person...whatever I want to find Groupon deals with her and get drunk during them. 

• Love 2

Chadwick Boseman is over 40 and that angers me in a way that I feel like the world is somehow unfair because I thought that guy was maybe mid twenties at best but no he's going to end up older than me and looking younger than me. Wakanda must have some kind of Fountain of Youth or something.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

Is Eddie Vedder doing the In Memoriam this year?

There's a fine line on how deeply you want to be a participant in the segment...

Edited by kib
Just now, mtlchick said:

I just rewound it to "I feel like I'm in a department store!"

As someone who has felt that more than once in my life, it confirms that Haddish is my spirit animal...person...whatever I want to find Groupon deals with her and get drunk during them. 

This flew past me, I didn’t get it because I was texting, probably.  Can you explain please?  Thx

4 minutes ago, TV Mercenary said:

Chadwick Boseman is over 40 and that angers me in a way that I feel like the world is somehow unfair because I thought that guy was maybe mid twenties at best but no he's going to end up older than me and looking younger than me. Wakanda must have some kind of Fountain of Youth or something.

Whoa, hold up. The man is OVER FORTY? WTF? SOMEONE GIVE ME HIS SECRET, PLEASE.

• Love 4
Just now, Amethyst said:

Is Annabella ok?  She seems so shaky.

I think this is her first public moment since she came forward with her story.  It's a powerful moment and Salma was REALLY trying not to swear. 

• Love 8
Just now, Browncoat said:

Has Mira Sorvino had work done?  I almost didn't recognize her.

This.  I kept looking at the name ID and thinking that can't be Mira... 

• Love 4
(edited)

Sarah Silverman hayyyy boo! ??

also, yassss, the status quo doesn’t have to be the status quo anymore. Get ready for some more “Get Out” /s and “Black Panther” /s... We’re here and we’re not going anywhere.” ??✊?

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 8

One of the 10 activists I spotted was Chef Jose Andres, who has been serving hundreds of thousands of meals to those still suffering in Puerto Rico.  He unfurled the Puerto Rican flag at the end of the song. 

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, Wings said:

This flew past me, I didn’t get it because I was texting, probably.  Can you explain please?  Thx

Tiff made a awesome joke about how watching the white people moving around backstage at the Oscars wearing headsets remind her being in a department store because they're always talking to some person she can't see but she has a sneaky suspicion that they're probably discussing her.

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

It was cute seeing Mark and Gal shake hands and meet. That was a Luke/Wonder Woman moment.

And also a Wonder Woman/Joker moment! (Hamill is that awesome and psychotic Joker in the animated universe!

• Love 3

I saw Janet Mock, Dolores Huerta, Jose Andres, I think Tarana Burke, but I wasn't looking at the screen the whole time (got interrupted). Going to watch again later. 

You know, I think the producers just decided to go all in on this being everything that will make a certain number of people in our nation nuts.  Mind-numbly long, gloriously inclusive and spectacular in eye-candy execution.  It's like they simply said there are folks that are going to hate it, but screw 'em.  I admire the commitment.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

Whoa, hold up. The man is OVER FORTY? WTF? SOMEONE GIVE ME HIS SECRET, PLEASE.

Straight up with you I could not believe it and I thought someone was pulling my leg until I Googled him and he is over 40 and I am still shook.

• Love 2