Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, ombelico said:

Who goes to see a movie at a theater next door to where the Oscars are being held, while the Oscars are going on? This whole setup seems fishy.

Tourists who were trying to get close enough to the theater to see some celebs? And who probably knew when there was a chance they'd end up on TV?

• Love 4

Only think I can think of now is that A Wrinkle in Time can't be that great if no one seems to give a shit about their screening being interrupted.  Imagine if the Oscars was held weeks ago and they did this to a Black Panther screening.

• Love 2
Just now, KaveDweller said:

Tourists who were trying to get close enough to the theater to see some celebs? And who probably knew when there was a chance they'd end up on TV?

I got the sense it was a free preview, also?

• Love 5

This is such a waste of time and then the Oscar people want to whine about why no one watches and why no one sticks around long enough to watch the whole broadcast it's because of b******* like this that they keep trying to shove down our throats and this is not what we came for this is not why we're here to look at films which half of we probably weren't even that interested in any way and we stick around to watch some of our favorites lose hopefully graciously and then we go about our day but this night show shenanigan skit Antics that they keep pulling is so annoying and it makes me just want to turn the whole thing off so maybe Oscar's when you're ready to start listening to the people who still try to support you and watch this crap we're waiting. This is so awful like really awful and terrible like watching rich people go to a people zoo and throw chocolate treats into the cages at the lesser than us  bunch housed there.

So if these people really cared about the Oscars wouldn't they be at home watching at least the Oscars telecast instead of going to the movies or are these people just totally stunt people that they put into a movie theater and then have them prepare for this wondrous occasion of getting fake surprised by a bunch of celebrities who should instead be at the Oscars themselves so we can all get through this f*cking sh*t homb as fast as possible but no let's not do that let's just keep beating a dead horse and then stab it with tiny ice picks to finish it off.

• Love 5

Holy shit, Tiffany Haddish is incredibly annoying. I haven't seen Girls Trip or anything else she's been in, but based on what I've seen of her on the carpet and now presenting, HARD PASS. I'm watching with my best friend on the phone (who is black), and she just said "well, that set black women back about 20 years" after her shtick with Maya. YMMV, obviously.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 minutes ago, wonderwoman said:

the show ALWAYS runs late. so can someone explain why -- why why -- they insist on running this bullshit?

It's in the script?

(Maybe they thought the Oscar recipients would really buy into the time-saving Jet Ski giveaway and they'd have time on their hands...)

Edited by kib
  • Love 1

All this time already gone and we still have not gotten to the Montage of the Blessed stars that we lost last year and of course they're going to rush through that and barely give it any of the attention that it deserves because a lot of those actors and actresses were real class and real dignity and were in some of the best films ever produced but they're going to get a short ass flash across the screen so that we can watch Fame seekers in a fake movie theater meet uncomfortable actors and actresses probably wondering where their bodyguards are.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Eureka said:

I think the woman who just won for The Silent Child was on Switched at Birth.

I thought the same thing, but I don't remember the characters name (or the name they announced) to check.

(edited)

I need a link to the Overlook Hotel commercial. I went to get some dinner, was gone only a few minutes, and I missed it! Tag-nabbit! I've looked, but haven't found anything on-line, yet.

ETA: Finally found it! Sadly, I missed the call window.

Edited by Zanne
  • Love 2

Playing off the people who came up with a great project that brings light and attention to a real disability and problem in the world and they get played off but we get stupid skits the whole f*cking time I hate this b******* I really do. I feel like Dave Chappelle might be one of the greatest host the Oscars would ever have but I also feel like he would also destroy the Oscars and it would never recover and they will never take that risk.

• Love 5