Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls May Get Revived On Netflix?

• Start Topic

I feel like Gypsy might make the cut because she was in Bunheads. Although Digger and Mr. Huntzberger were in Bunheads and I don't see either of them coming back. I think they'll lose Andrew, maybe Joe the pizza guy... Paris is pretty close to a deal breaker for me. I'd also love to see Stacey Oristano and other Bunhead only people in it.

Edited by MeloraH

I have elaborate Jess theories. I think he probably helped invent Bitcoin but ditched the project before launch because it didn't live up to his political ideals. So now he's like the Winklevoss twins, but for BitCoin. That, or he runs one of those weird curated subscription services that advertises on podcasts, where every month they send you a book and a bracelet made out of old bike chains. Also then he died, on his way back to his home planet.

• Love 3

I really don't care about any of Rory's boyfriends to tell you the truth. I know everyone here seems to love Dean but we when we were finished with him, I was sort of glad because at that point he just bugged me. I don't care about Jess or Logan either. Rory's boyfriends either were hit and miss episodes to me.

• Love 6

Of any boyfriend to come back, it makes most sense that it might be Logan. I hated the way they tried to make Rory and Dean a thing after the affair, and the way it ended was just blah. I'd be happy to see Logan again, but Dean or Jess--no thanks.

• Love 4

I want an entire episode just showing us what Paris and Michel have been doing since the show ended.

I don't see Dean making an appearance, or at least not a big one, simply because I don't see Jared Padalecki wanting to do it. He's been scaling back recently, and this would be a big commitment.

Edited by JennB

Didn't Jared say something about not liking the way Dean ended up and wanting to come back? I'd be okay with any of Rory's boyfriends coming back, just as long as there was no huge love triangle (and as long as Dean wasn't an option ;) )

Didn't Jared say something about not liking the way Dean ended up and wanting to come back? I'd be okay with any of Rory's boyfriends coming back, just as long as there was no huge love triangle (and as long as Dean wasn't an option ;) )

But Rory is the type of woman that turns men into. Beckon Call Boys. (All apologies to Pretty Woman) Like mother like daughter.

Edited by Watcher0363

Of any boyfriend to come back, it makes most sense that it might be Logan.

If the show's setting is Stars Hollow, then it would make the most sense for it to be Dean because he'd be the one still living there in the town. He'd be interacting with all the townspeople like Lorelai still on a daily basis.

Jess they can also have make sense if he visits Luke, but Logan actually makes the least sense to return. Unless they write in Emily throwing some gala event the Huntzbergers are invited too and he shows up.

I really don't care about any of Rory's boyfriends to tell you the truth. I know everyone here seems to love Dean but we when we were finished with him, I was sort of glad because at that point he just bugged me. I don't care about Jess or Logan either. Rory's boyfriends either were hit and miss episodes to me.

I've noticed the oppisite here, everyone hates Dean. And I agree with them. Especially at the end I was glad when he left.

I was really happy when I saw this. Does the show need more, not really but I definitely would watch it.

Edited by blueray
  • Love 3

I wasn't a huge fan of any on Rory's guys, but I wouldn't mind any or all of them showing up if the series happens. If only to catch up on how they are all doing, as individuals not obsessed with Rory. Particularly Dean, whose story petered out on a sour note, imo. Rory would hopefully be single or with a totally new love interest.

What I want to see above all else is how they will deal with Edward Hermann's death. THAT will be the story to see. I'm sure the feels would hit me pretty hard.

Edited by HeySandyStrange
  • Love 1

Maybe I'm thinking of twop... people seemed upset that Jess got a better last scene than Dean. Dean's last scene where he and Rory broke up and he left her crying and Jess getting a final scene of him doing good and being okay. I just didn't like Dean towards the fact that the show seemed stuck on him being Rory's perfect boyfriend. He wasn't that great, actually. Don't get me wrong, he was a nice guy but i constantly felt like the show was putting a halo on him. I sort of agreed with Luke on the double date from hell Pipe Longstocking episode.

• Love 1

I read that they will be setting the new episodes in the present, i.e. 8 years from where they left off.  I'm okay with that, as long as there are flashbacks to key moments that happened during those years, such as Richard's funeral (so many tears), and Luke and Lorelai's wedding (wishful thinking). I'm happy to see where the characters have ended up, but am equally interested in seeing how they got there. 

• Love 2

I'm okay with that, as long as there are flashbacks to key moments that happened during those years, such as Richard's funeral (so many tears), and Luke and Lorelai's wedding (wishful thinking).

Since Edward Hermann died not too long ago, I would think that the first episode would possibly revolve around Richard's passing. It would make sense, in that it would bring the main characters together in the same place and it would otherwise be a good catalyst for other stories revolving around Rory, Lorelai, and Emily. And, of course, make me cry ugly tears, lol. Some flashbacks of what Rory has been up to and Luke&Lorelai's relationship over the past 8 years would be great, too.

• Love 12

My eyes are already getting misty thinking about Grandpa Gilmore not being there. The FND scenes with all of them were always my favorite.

As far as Rory's love life, I was never die hard for any of them so I think it'd be cool if Rory, having gone out into the world, had met a new guy. And then he could be a fun entry point back to Stars Hollow, as he reacts to all the wacky antics.

Also? No Christopher, show. Nooo Christopher.

• Love 8

That's actually a surprisingly sensible format for the revival (4 90 minute episodes). Not so long they'd drag (like real movie length would), but without having to pump out too many scripts.

The lack of Melissa McCarthy won't kill anything, I suppose. She probably would demand far too much.

Weil would only be a problem, I'd expect, if ABC or Shondaland have her on some kind of exclusive.

McCarthy probably more calls the shots on her own availability, but likely has far less of it (and wants far more money for it, probably).

I am so psyched for this! But I don't want Paris to just pop in for a cameo. We need extensive subplots with her, in which she goes into full rage-spiral mode and just unleashes a verbose spew of vitriol on someone or something. Repeatedly.

• Love 3

As soon as I saw this, I was already planning the binge-watch party in my head.  I wonder if you can still get those giant buckets of Ben & Jerry's...

Given that the series is set now, eight years hence, I think it makes sense that Rory's boyfriends won't be a big deal, unless they stop by in cameo appearances.  After all, how many people are really still in touch with their high school/college boyfriends? Maybe she's Facebook friends with them, but other than that, not so much.

I'll be sad if Sookie doesn't come back, at least for a cameo, but I will be FURIOUS if we don't see Paris and find out what happened with her.  

• Love 1

I have to admit, I am really torn on this. I would have loved either a season 8 or a better, more defined ending to season 7.  

Eight years later?  Is ASP a good enough writer to pull this all off?  We already know she creates situations where continuity disappears into a black hole.  Will she even review what was in the past or just jump in like none of it every happened?

I have seen series additions where the changes are so overwhelming that it's difficult to concentrate on the actual program because the differences are so jarring.  We know there are some main characters that won't show up but without any of the town folk (if none show up) it will be really, really different.  I fear I will spend so much time thinking about with the original recipe and comparing it with the new version that I won't enjoy any of it.

But that's just me.  Maybe I'm too anal altogether.

• Love 3
I care mostly about Lorelai, Emily, Rory and Luke. In that order. It would be wonderful if they can get actors like Liza Weil and Melissa McCarthy but I totally understand if they can't.

It would be kind of strange to have no Sookie in the mix.  I have absolutely nothing to back this up, but I feel like McCarthy would totally return if she was available to do so, regardless of her current level of fame.  I mean, this isn't like asking George Clooney to appear in a Facts of Life reunion episode. 

• Love 1

I mean, this isn't like asking George Clooney to appear in a Facts of Life reunion episode.

He did come back for ER twice. So...

Eight years later?  Is ASP a good enough writer to pull this all off?  We already know she creates situations where continuity disappears into a black hole.  Will she even review what was in the past or just jump in like none of it every happened?

Well, since we're used to the continuity issues, maybe it'll be easier to accept. Also, feeling old, but Lane's kids will be 8 years old. Paris should have just finished her residency. Rory was covering the beginning of the Obama campaign and now he's finishing up his second term. Lorelai only ever watched The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and he's gone. This is crazy.

Eight years later?  Is ASP a good enough writer to pull this all off?  We already know she creates situations where continuity disappears into a black hole.  Will she even review what was in the past or just jump in like none of it every happened?

I'm guessing no.

I do hope McCarthy gets to come back and play, as well as Liza, and by that I mean not just some glorified cameo.  I would think that since things are still being worked out that they may try to work out filming around the now more-famous cast members schedules.  I mean couldn't some actors film their parts on their days off from their other commitments?  I'm hoping that they do filming for all four mini-movies over the course of the year that way they aren't rushed and everyone will get their chance to make their return to the world of Gilmore Girls.

My fears are that ASP will ignore the last season b/c she didn't get to play in the sandbox so to speak.  I know she says she has never watched that season but just heard about different plot lines, but I call bullshit on that.

I have fears of the Dawson's Creek series finale regarding Rory and her relationships w/ Dean, Jess, and Logan.  We open w/ her living w/ her new boyfriend that she has been dating for years but a trip back to Stars Hollow and an unexpected run in or two w/ them and we end w/ her back together w/ one of them.

I do hope we open w/ Luke and Lorelai already married and the whole "twin dream" ended up becoming a reality or about to.

Edited by CMH1981
  • Love 2

I haven't seen all of Melissa McCarthy's films or any of "Mike and Molly" but from what I have seen - her Sookie St. James character is her most loveable and I think it would be good for her career to play this character again.

Also, Jess is my favorite boyfriend of Rory's.

• Love 6

I think ASP is far too much of an egotist to have not watched the final season, especially once it was panned.  She wants to revel in how much better she could have done it.

I think ASP is far too much of an egotist to have not watched the final season, especially once it was panned.  She wants to revel in how much better she could have done it.

Oh totally, and I'm sure she revels in how awful it was even though she set the awfulness in motion.

• Love 4

If they pull it off, the best way would start with Richard's funeral. Which would bring everyone back together. For the rest of the characters, seriously Luke and Lorelai should be married now and just go from there. If they want to do 4 mini movies that are 90 minutes they can introduce plots that pay off by the end but they really need to watch it. We know how AS-P can get on a soapbox with her story lines even if she knows where to begin and end them.

• Love 5

What's funny is that season 7 was still quite a bit better than season 6 IMO.

Wow I thought I was the only one on that planet. I thought Six was the absolute worst. God I hope they don't bring April back although I suppose it's inevitable.

Edited by random chance
  • Love 2

Well, if they go real time then April would be in her 20's.  Maybe she's married and Luke is a grandpa.  Of course, the same could be said for Rory.  Maybe the grandkids are now playing with the L & L twins foreseen in the dream.

Just as long as Kirk never spawned anything.  That would really be a genetic nightmare.

• Love 1

Because of my love for Matt C I'm hoping Rory hooks back up with a more mature Logan at Grandpa's funeral. I know the gang in real life loved Edward so I'm thinking the funeral will be perfect and we will see the true love/mourning for him. Which will break my heart.

I don't think they should start exactly with the funeral. I think maybe the first two acts could be happy go lucky Gilmore Crack dialogue possibly lot on the phone with Rory about an impending visit, them followed by a phone call from Emily that something happened. I wouldn't want to jump in to straight depression.

• Love 3

I could totally see the first episode having Emily argue w/ Richard, who is off screen, for multiple scenes, perhaps while she is on the phone w/ Rory and Lorelai.  The episode ends w/ Lorelai getting another phone call from Emily who is calling to say Richard had another heart attack.

• Love 1

I don't think they should start exactly with the funeral. I think maybe the first two acts could be happy go lucky Gilmore Crack dialogue possibly lot on the phone with Rory about an impending visit, them followed by a phone call from Emily that something happened. I wouldn't want to jump in to straight depression.

that would work. I need to read the article again I don't remember if there was an estimated date for the return.

It would be kind of strange to have no Sookie in the mix.  I have absolutely nothing to back this up, but I feel like McCarthy would totally return if she was available to do so, regardless of her current level of fame.  I mean, this isn't like asking George Clooney to appear in a Facts of Life reunion episode. 

Well, the key is "if she's available." She does big movies and has her own sitcom, so she just may not have the time or the schedule to do it. I'd love to see her in the revival, especially if ASP could work in a Michel-Lorelai-Sookie scene or two, but...like I said, I get it if she can't do it.

Liza is now under contract with ABC. They would probably be willing to let her film GG if her schedule allows it...but again, *if* her schedule allows it.

Things I really want to see on the revival: Friday Night Dinner. Maybe with Luke? 

A Stars Hollow festival, town meeting or event of some sort. And movie/pizza night. WITH REAL RED VINES, PLEASE. I will never forgive season 7 for -- gasp -- Twizzlers.

I liked Dean as Rory's first boyfriend, I couldn't stand Jess until his last episode and Logan was a Tristan retread. So...bring back Tristan!

So many possibilities!  So many opinions!  Do you think ASP will let us chime in?  Wait, no, she did a major screw over of just about everyone (including the fans) in Season 6 so I'm not sure she gives a fig about what we want.

And I will be flabbergasted if she really had 4 last words for the ending.  And if she did, would the fit this whole new situation?  Time will tell.

• Love 2

Well, if they continue the path set for Rory in Seasons 6 and 7, while working on Obama's campaign, he probably realized she was more brilliant and would make a better president than he would. So he immediately got off the campaign trail to go back to the Senate and lead the charge to amend the Constitution to require the President to be "35 years of age OR named Lorelai 'Rory' Gilmore."  By my estimates, she is probably about a year and a half away from leaving office.  So the series will pick up as she's deciding where to go from here.

I must defend ASP and her season six. When you create something like GG and then the suits start to interfere with talks about saving money by cutting staff, bringing in characters for demographic reasons. Then they essentially fire you from your own creation. I would have screwed them over also. I just refer to season six as the year of Lorelai living crazily.

• Love 1