Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Guys, I tru(e)ly thought it was a joke when I read the name on Squinty’s page. All I see is GAHHHHHHHHH. 

I gave my kids old, traditional but not stodgy (imho) names. Although I might have gone too far with the newest squish. I keep getting really “fancy”, exaggerated pronunciations 😂 Unfortunately, we do not live in the UK, otherwise he’d be fine. 

• Love 5
On 8/30/2019 at 12:03 PM, dreadfulLeigh said:

Guys, I tru(e)ly thought it was a joke when I read the name on Squinty’s page. All I see is GAHHHHHHHHH. 

Me too! I was laughing thinking ‘oh haha good one, wonder what they really did call her though?’ Maddie just lost another rung on my ladder of respect for that one. 

On 8/30/2019 at 12:15 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Well at least it's better than Texas governor "Big Jim" Hogg... he named his daughter "Ima"... yep that's right.... Ima Hogg.  

I hope she wore a red dress to his funeral. 

I once had a client who’s unfortunate name was Anita Crapp. 💩 Crapp was her married name too, so she actually had a choice with that one! 

• LOL 6

My grandmother wanted to name me after her, my aunt and my mother.  That would make it Louangeline Ruth.  Luckily for me, my mother said NO, and I was given a normal name.

Had a baby in our nursery named Meconium.   Had a non-English speaking new mom name her son Robbertt.  At least she tried.

• LOL 5

I have an extra letter at the end of my name and no one knows what the F that’s about. This kid ... yikes. 

Why are they both so mush mouthed? When Maddie first tried to say the name I almost didn’t understand it. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I have read that some adherents to Mormonism like to slip a "y" into their kid's names to honor Brigham Young.  If that is the case, Christine missed a bet when she didn't name her son Paydon. 

This will always make me twitchy!  Christine was clearly going for a trend by adding a "Y" to all of her daughter's names but NOT HER SON WHERE A "Y" WOULD MAKE PERFECT SENSE.

Let's see what Mykelti and FT come up with as names for their kids before we condemn Evan-gah-lynn as worst Brown baby name.  The bar has been set, but I'm positive it can be lowered.

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I had some hopes for Madison, as she was class president in high school and had some ambition (she mentioned a plan to be a lawyer, at some point). But this baby name confirms that she's just a hillbilly. There, I said it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19

Not trying to be OT, but I heard this story.

This mom was fed up with teachers mispronouncing her daughters name, which was spelled La-Shia. She stormed down to the school and was telling the teachers, y'all are saying my kids name wrong. The teachers were perplexed and said how is that possible, its clearly here in print as La-Shia so we have been pronouncing it as it is here, the mom clapped back and said well it's pronounced Ladashshia.,  the dash ain't silent. 

• LOL 22
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I had some hopes for Madison, as she was class president in high school and had some ambition (she mentioned a plan to be a lawyer, at some point). But this baby name confirms that she's just a hillbilly. There, I said it.

Talk is cheap. 

2 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Not trying to be OT, but I heard this story.

This mom was fed up with teachers mispronouncing her daughters name, which was spelled La-Shia. She stormed down to the school and was telling the teachers, y'all are saying my kids name wrong. The teachers were perplexed and said how is that possible, its clearly here in print as La-Shia so we have been pronouncing it as it is here, the mom clapped back and said well it's pronounced Ladashshia.,  the dash ain't silent. 

Some would pronounce it LaHyphenShia. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Well at least it's better than Texas governor "Big Jim" Hogg... he named his daughter "Ima"... yep that's right.... Ima Hogg.  

I hope she wore a red dress to his funeral. 

Weren't her sisters Yousa and Shesa?  Or was that a joke?  I know Ima was for real.  Gawd, how mean!

• LOL 3
4 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I have an extra letter at the end of my name and no one knows what the F that’s about. This kid ... yikes. 

Why are they both so mush mouthed? When Maddie first tried to say the name I almost didn’t understand it. 

Pierced tongue?  That sometimes sounds mushy.

These stupidly spelled names irritate me.  As a genuine COL, I'm annoyed when I see them, let alone try to pronounce them.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Fifty-some odd years ago, I was born and my mom wanted to name me Lara.  My dad said, nope - name her Laura because if you name her Lara, everyone will call her Laura anyway.

So they named me Laura and everyone called me Laurie.  Sometimes you just can't win.

But this does set up some interesting competition from the other Brown girls to name their spawn to get daddy's attention: Kodie, Kodette, Kodianne, Koedee, Kodbert, Kodee-Lou, Kodiola, Kodiak, Kolaroe, etc.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 6
  • Love 8

KOLAROE!! 😂😂

ETA: If/when one of the kids (or Robyn if she has another boy) names a boy baby "Kody Winn Brown (married name) II" that's game, set, match. Although I don't see any reason why any of the kids would want to kiss his ass that much, it's not like there's going to be anything to inherit.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

KOLAROE!! 😂😂

ETA: If/when one of the kids (or Robyn if she has another boy) names a boy baby "Kody Winn Brown (married name) II" that's game, set, match. Although I don't see any reason why any of the kids would want to kiss his ass that much, it's not like there's going to be anything to inherit.

Rather than looking to inheritance, it seems to me that Maddie more than any of the others is seeking acknowledgment of herself as an individual, rather than #x of 18.  I find her very annoying yet at the same time feel sadness for her, when in a group setting and she doesn't realize the camera is on her she is downcast and disinterested in the activity at hand.  The fixed eye stare and dazzling, toothy grin come out to play as soon as she realizes she is in camera range.  Truely may exhibit this same demeanor as she gets older but everyone else from Savannah on up seems to have resigned themselves to the reality of the pecking order and no longer give a shit if they are someone special in Kody's eyes or not.  JMO.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Rather than looking to inheritance, it seems to me that Maddie more than any of the others is seeking acknowledgment of herself as an individual, rather than #x of 18.  I find her very annoying yet at the same time feel sadness for her, when in a group setting and she doesn't realize the camera is on her she is downcast and disinterested in the activity at hand.  The fixed eye stare and dazzling, toothy grin come out to play as soon as she realizes she is in camera range.  Truely may exhibit this same demeanor as she gets older but everyone else from Savannah on up seems to have resigned themselves to the reality of the pecking order and no longer give a shit if they are someone special in Kody's eyes or not.  JMO.

I agree with you, she seems much happier in NC away from the clan - there isn't that pressure to attend every event or make Caleb or her help with every move

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I agree with you, she seems much happier in NC away from the clan - there isn't that pressure to attend every event or make Caleb or her help with every move

Don't you really mean away from Meri?!?

• LOL 7
11 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She isnt even 2 weeks old and the already got tired of Evangalynn - they should have just stuck with Evie to begin with

I don't get it, either.  FFS, just name the kid what she/he will be called.  Like Areola being called AriMay or whatever.  Jeez.  My mom was a real hater of nicknames, and I guess I'm kind of the same.  Damn, they'll have to sign everything with their legal name, so just make it easy.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Weren't her sisters Yousa and Shesa?  Or was that a joke?  I know Ima was for real.  Gawd, how mean!

I wasn't sure about Yousa and Shesa but I've heard that rumour...

I wonder if mother Hogg was okay with the name Ima?

As a mom I never would have gone along with it!   😡

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I wasn't sure about Yousa and Shesa but I've heard that rumour...

I wonder if mother Hogg was okay with the name Ima?

As a mom I never would have gone along with it!   😡

Was the mother's name Humpa?

• LOL 4
59 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Took her a while:

At least sourpuss Axel is smiling for a change.

He's probably happy that the new baby name will take the focus off  "Axel Brush"

Someone mentioned Maddie mangling the name... Is there video?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Higgins said:

My daughter's name is Kirstin and pronounced phonetically. Two easy syllables. Still always mispronounced. It baffles me.

I know 2 Kirstins.  Both pronounced “Kear-stin”

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

She isnt even 2 weeks old and the already got tired of Evangalynn - they should have just stuck with Evie to begin with

But do they pronounce it Ev-ee or Eee-vee? (my SIL Evelyn prefers Ev-ee, so I call her Evelyn).

Axel is happy now that cabbage-toting Grandma has gone home.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

How old is Caleb?  He looks over 40 here.

Am I the only COL that hates #wifey?  If Mr. Xword ever called me that, I'd be pissed.  I don't like "hubby" either.  

Yeah, yeah, I know.  So get your dog off my lawn before he shits, or I'll bag it and throw it after you!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, laurakaye said:

But this does set up some interesting competition from the other Brown girls to name their spawn to get daddy's attention: Kodie, Kodette, Kodianne, Koedee, Kodbert, Kodee-Lou, Kodiola, Kodiak, Kolaroe, etc.

Kotex.

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From what I found, he’s 32.

He legitimately looks 42.  It’s that unfortunate receding hairline that does it. 

I actually didn’t realise he was so much older than Maddie, she must have practically been a teenager when they become romantically involved then? Bit gross. 

I agree with whoever said it above about Maddie being a bit of a disappointment. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be a mom (or even a young mom for that matter), but it’s great to have some ambition and vision for yourself beyond motherhood also. For all the talk about her going to college and law school in the early show seasons, she’s ended up a 23 year old college dropout with two kids and a failed MLM under her belt, meanwhile in comparison her sis-in-law Michelle is kicking the actual education and career goals in Law that Maddie had once dreamed of and setting up a stable financial future for her family one day without MLM and TLC. Go Michelle! Maddie, you’re a dud, sorry not sorry. 

Evie is much better than Evaginalynn (or whatever that spellingk they chose whey they butchered that perfectly nice name), plus being short and snappy, it’s harmonious with Axel too. Just throw Evaginalynn in the trash and go with Evie.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
More snark
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

He legitimately looks 42.  It’s that unfortunate receding hairline that does it. 

I actually didn’t realise he was so much older than Maddie, she must have practically been a teenager when they become romantically involved then? Bit gross. 

I agree with whoever said it above about Maddie being a bit of a disappointment. There’s nothing wrong with wanting to be a mom (or even a young mom for that matter), but it’s great to have some ambition and vision for yourself beyond motherhood also. For all the talk about her going to college and law school in the early show seasons, she’s ended up a 23 year old college dropout with two kids and a failed MLM under her belt, meanwhile in comparison her sis-in-law Michelle is kicking the actual education and career goals in Law that Maddie had once dreamed of and setting up a stable financial future for her family one day without MLM and TLC. Go Michelle! Maddie, you’re a dud, sorry not sorry. 

It's been nearly 40 years since I graduated from high school but as I recall, being student body president in high school is primarily a popularity contest, not an indication of smarts. 

I was just listening to a podcast yesterday - the hosts were talking about what they said they wanted to be when they grew up back when they were kids. One guy said everyone told him he'd be a great lawyer because he was great at talking/arguing. He thought that was what he wanted to be...until he went to the house of one of his friends whose dad was an attorney, saw that the walls of his home office were lined with books and learned that the dad had read every single one of them - also that what he spent most of his time doing was looking stuff up at books, not all the flashy Perry Mason courtroom stuff. 

Maddie was just talking out of her ass and that was clear when she dumped college after a year.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Am I the only COL that hates #wifey?  If Mr. Xword ever called me that, I'd be pissed.  I don't like "hubby" either.  

No not the only one! Agree about hubby too!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Evie is much better than Evaginalynn (or whatever that spellingk they chose whey they butchered that perfectly nice name), plus being short and snappy, it’s harmonious with Axel too. Just throw Evaginalynn in the trash and go with Evie.

I’m laughing so hard at your spelling of her name that I can hardly breath. She will forever be known in my mind as E-vagina-Lynn😁

• LOL 10
3 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Bwahahahaaaa!!!!  Evaginalynn is comedy gold and now that's all I'll see  😂

I nearly peed my pants laffing!!!    

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

It’s so bad it doesn’t even need to be changed to make fun of. It looks like the kind of made-up name (the kind that resembles a name but isn’t), that pharmaceutical companies give to a drug.

Young woman: ‘so doc, I need to find a new contraceptive pill’. 

Doctor: ‘ok what oral contraceptive have you already tried? Let’s see here, Levelen, Aranelle, Estellea...’

Young Woman: ‘yes I’m currently taking Eviane but I’ve also tried Natazia so what else is there? 

Doctor: ok well Evangalynn is the newest one. Let’s start you on that, once a day. Side effects can be acne, weight gain and bloating...’

I’m likely going to hell. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1