Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

16 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Every Brown woman whose name starts with M is stuck on herself and thinks she's all that.  Must be a curse.

Meri

Mariah

Madison

Mykelti

Don't forget

Mobyn

Manelle

Mhristine

And, of course, Mody.

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, lma said:

Whose school? Hers or the baby’s (daycare)?

Gotta be hers, I would think.  Surely they don't refer to day care as school for a kid that age.  Although if she's going back to school then she'd have to park him someplace since the whole "all for one and one for all"  polygamist motto seems to have been left out of the Brown Clown Book of Family Management.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Maddie and Meri must be thanking God for their sycophantic following.

Is Maddie reviving parachute pants, a la MC Hammer?  Ugh.

Are those pants or a long skirt knotted at the hem, to give it that special LLR touch.  I can't imagine running after a toddler in that without catching a foot in that knot.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Someone asked her on that post. She replied that it’s a skirt.

Ooh, I missed it!  To me it seemed to be pants.  I have to look closer.

Sandy, you are right about that knot.  It looks like it's waiting to be tripped on.

• Love 2

Very interesting. Esp. since Meri was the one to usher Maddie into the whole LLR thing, seemingly. I wonder what particular "safety net" she's attacking. Not LLR since she's talking about it in the past tense or like it's been a longtime thing. Hmm.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, taragel said:

I wonder what particular "safety net" she's attacking. Not LLR since she's talking about it in the past tense or like it's been a longtime thing. Hmm.

I thought Maddie was referring to Lularo as the safety net Meri was attacking, like that is maybe Maddie's back up financial plan for when she show ends (dumb plan, I admit).

She does use the word "had" to describe this safety net, which sounds past tense, I agree. But I wonder if that is not just a poor word choice by Maddie. Because if you think about it, there is no reason for Maddie to be that upset if Meri is attacking some safety net from Maddie's past. That wouldn't make sense. It has to be a current safety net. Otherwise, why be so upset about it?  

I suspect Maddie was posting in an emotional state and trying to be a little vague so as to not make it entirely obvious she was referring to Lularo, and she just chose the wrong word.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I thought Maddie was referring to Lularo as the safety net Meri was attacking, like that is maybe Maddie's back up financial plan for when she show ends (dumb plan, I admit).

She does use the word "had" to describe this safety net, which sounds past tense, I agree. But I wonder if that is not just a poor word choice by Maddie. Because if you think about it, there is no reason for Maddie to be that upset if Meri is attacking some safety net from Maddie's past. That wouldn't make sense. It has to be a current safety net. Otherwise, why be so upset about it?  

I suspect Maddie was posting in an emotional state and trying to be a little vague so as to not make it entirely obvious she was referring to Lularo, and she just chose the wrong word.

Could be! Or maybe she meant Janelle? I wonder if tensions are high again between Meri and Janelle. (Though I'm not sure why---too much "therapy" perhaps.)

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, taragel said:

I wonder if tensions are high again between Meri and Janelle. 

this is exactly what I thought from the get go.  I'm not generally one to speculate but so much of Maddie's posts seem to refer to long term slights (ie "whole life", "finally having the freedom", "those who were always") that I immediately thought Meri may be back on the active Janelle-Hate-Train again (one of Maddie's "few safety nets").  One's mom (usually) is, was, and always will be a reliable "safety net".

Edited by sharkerbaby
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, sharkerbaby said:

Meri may be back on the active Janelle-Hate-Train

It would be a pretty stupid time to get that going again if Janelle is really the agent for all four houses.  Or maybe Meri is peeved because the house hasn't already sold for more money than any of the other homes.  She's always been Madame. MeFirst.

• Love 7

Super interesting, but if it's Meri that Maddie is talking about (including calling her a "monster"), then why on earth did Maddie go into the LulaNo business under Meri in the first place?

Pass the popcorn and the cheap boxed wine, I am here for this!

• Love 18

Hmm, maybe by speaking about "one of the few a safety nets you had" being attacked, Maddie is referring to Janelle and not herself. Interesting theory.  I assumed she was just fired up and using confusing diction.  I wonder what safety net of Janelle's Meri might be messing with.

Maybe Meri is lodging some kind of formal complaint against Janelle as a realtor, heh. It's sort of her fallback plan as a career.  Or maybe Meri is attempting to have Janelle de-certified as a fitness lifestyle guru coach by those people she bought earned her certification from!  Oh no, how will Janelle earn a living post Sister Wives, lol

4 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Pass the popcorn and the cheap boxed wine, I am here for this!

Imma ordering pizza. What toppings do y'all want on yours? 

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Hmm, maybe by speaking about "one of the few a safety nets you had" being attacked, Maddie is referring to Janelle and not herself. Interesting theory.  I assumed she was just fired up and using confusing diction.  I wonder what safety net of Janelle's Meri might be messing with.

Maybe Meri is lodging some kind of formal complaint against Janelle as a realtor, heh. It's sort of her fallback plan as a career.  Or maybe Meri is attempting to have Janelle de-certified as a fitness lifestyle guru coach by those people she bought earned her certification from!  Oh no, how will Janelle earn a living post Sister Wives, lol

Imma ordering pizza. What toppings do y'all want on yours? 

I'll bring the PB Fritos and one of Janelle's refreshing green drinks topped off with a big glug of vodka.

• Love 7

I'm beginning to think that Meri micro-managing Maddie's wedding was a producer-driven storyline and not something Maddie would have wanted in real life ;)  Maybe Meri accused Maddie of not taking her LuLaNo business seriously enough (in other words, not making enough money for Meri) and the fight erupted. After all, Maddie has school and family to contend with.

Vodka with a bit of lime juice please.

• Love 6
Just now, Galloway Cave said:

I'm beginning to think that Meri micro-managing Maddie's wedding was a producer-driven storyline and not something Maddie would have wanted in real life ;)

Did Meri actually participate in the wedding planning the way a regular event planner would?  Because it would suck having to spend that kind of time with her and trying to make decisions with her skulking around.

I thought maybe Maddie (and Janelle) had cleverly assigned Meri the more limited role of "organizer of the day" and it was a way to (1) actually have someone focused on keeping things on track so they didn't have to, as well as (2) it was a good way to utilize Meri's naturally nitpicky, controlling nature to advantage.  It would also (3) make her feel useful and important, as well as (4) keep her the hell away from the bridal dressing area so she couldn't spread her ever-present bad energy around. 

Maybe I was giving Maddie and Janelle too much credit, but I thought it was a shrewd plan.

• Love 13
Just now, Celia Rubenstein said:

"organizer of the day"

I think that is more like it was. I'm not so sure that Maddie and Janelle came up with the plan (I'm not sure Janelle can come up with ANYTHING on her own, she is such a slug), but the producers may have hinted at it knowing how the fam really thinks about Meri. And also knowing how checked-out Meri can be in Brown Family Clusterfucks.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

I think that is more like it was. I'm not so sure that Maddie and Janelle came up with the plan (I'm not sure Janelle can come up with ANYTHING on her own, she is such a slug), but the producers may have hinted at it knowing how the fam really thinks about Meri. And also knowing how checked-out Meri can be in Brown Family Clusterfucks.

You're probably right. Janelle doesn't have the backbone to even conceive of such a plot and Maddie likely had other things on her mind.  It's just wishful thinking to hope that someone would slap Meri into her place ... until today, that is! muwahahah!

Maybe the producers were tired of Meri casting a pall on every single event that wasn't designed around kissing her ass and decided this time they'd push her and her dark cloud off to the side just for a change pace. If so, it was a marvelous idea! 

• Love 7

I don’t know what the timing was, but apparently when Janelle went to Vegas to man the open house, some of the kids went with her. There’s a picture of some of them watching a movie, and Maddie posted a picture of Axel napping in Ysabel’s arms.

Perhaps that’s when she and Janelle had a little conversation, and Twitter was her outlet.

The only thing for sure would be the time Maddie hit post. The pictures of course could have been taken any time. They are dated as “one day ago”.

7D77224F-710F-4714-B976-7107F232A998.jpeg

• Love 5

I think that Maddie was referring to herself as one of Meri's last safety nets in the family. Even though Kody and the other wives (probably most of the children too) wanted nothing to do with Meri, Maddie seemed to stand by her. She worked for Meri everyday and made Meri her wedding planner. She gave Meri some importance in the family when the other family members were about done with her. Meri probably started crap with Maddie, and Maddie finally washed her hands of that crazy bitch. YAY Maddie! FINALLY...

• Love 15
On 7/30/2018 at 9:13 AM, DakotaJustice said:
6 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

WOW that is juicy stuff, those tweets are serious! Wonder if we will hear any more about this beef.

Don't you know they have probably had a family meeting trying to do damage control.  Maddie never seemed like she was going to take much off of anyone.  And it sounds like Meri found where that invisible line not to cross is.

• Love 5
On 9/10/2018 at 7:19 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Don't you know they have probably had a family meeting trying to do damage control.  Maddie never seemed like she was going to take much off of anyone.  And it sounds like Meri found where that invisible line not to cross is.

I'm not sure that line was so 'invisible'. Meri lacks the insight to recognize and respect another's boundaries. Good for Maddie--this has certainly increased my regard for her. It seems like these kids are mostly breaking free and having better lives than do their parents. The parents all seems so miserable; I can't imagine living life in such a miserable state and CHOOSING to do absolutely nothing to improve or change that which (or those who) make your life so unhappy. 

• Love 6

It must be Meri.  I just can not see Janelle as a "monster" and someone to fear.  She doesn't have the energy to behave that way.  Any Meri tweets in response?

ETA:  Luluroe presents a perfect opportunity for Meri and Maddie to have conflicts.  Meri has probably accused Maddie of stealing clients or some such.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 5