Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Baptism By Fire

• Start Topic

I watched the finale again tonight.   Something I missed last night.

Billy was standing next to Red Bull Rhoad Kill the WHOLE time she was talking shit to Shannon.

When Vicki asked what happened, Billy says to Vicki, I have no idea.

Right Billy, lie your fat ass off so your sister keeps taking you on trips and keeps you boozed up.

I think Billy was pretty wasted, so he probably really didn't have any idea what happened.  He was too busy looking for his next drink, which he promptly carried out to the limo, where there was even more liquor.

• Love 11

I think the lies she herself has told are enough to convince me Vicki was in on it.  She lied about going to Brook's chemo treatments with him, which if he doesn't have cancer, there were no chemo treatments.  She also told that ridiculous lie about Terry sending over a guy with an IV after one of Brook's bad reactions to the non existent chemo treatments.  The fact that she's lying for him proves to me that she was in on it.

Shannon agrees with you. On her latest periscope, she basically said, "The only question left to be answered is at what point Vicki found out Brooks didn't really have cancer."

• Love 15

Shannon agrees with you. On her latest periscope, she basically said, "The only question left to be answered is at what point Vicki found out Brooks didn't really have cancer."

For me, that is 'the question'.  Vicks sure wasn't acting like Vicks during filming if Brooks actually did have cancer.  Was she in on it from the beginning?  Right now I'm thinking she wasn't (of course I reserve the right to change my mind when the reunion is aired).  She did state that she was the one who convinced Brooks to talk about his cancer on the show.  If he was faking it, wow, talk about digging a hole.  And if Vicks found out that he was lying, she had the choice to go against Brooks (her man, and we know she 'needs' a man in her life) or to go along with the lie.  What screwed that all up was that there were enough inconsistencies for the other women to question it on camera.  And she certainly didn't expect PI Meg to come into play.   So, Brooks had to go with his story because of Vicks (cough, cough, his money train) and Vicks had to go with the fake cancer because she needs her man.  In the end, the lies screwed them both.  Just a theory.

Add to that apparently there was some sort of deal made with Club Detox.  Wonder when that happened.....

Vicks said that Brooks broke up with her.  That's very interesting.  Was it because he was just plain scared of the fallout?  Yet he does an interview with Andy.  Will that be just another possible attempted scam.  I don't know but it will be interesting to see what Bravo shows.

And we already know that Vicks is the self proclaimed martyr.  If the truth ever does come out, she'll say that it was because her mom died.

• Love 5

I'm so glad this storyline is over...at least after the reunion it will be over.  The only one I found likeable this season was Heather with her "champs" life.  Sure her husband is working constantly but someone has to for their lifestyle.  Shannon became a little more likeable but her husband is still fishy.  Tamera is Tamera, I do wonder how long Eddie will hang in there.  I like that Meghan strives for honesty, I don't think she gets much of that in her home life.  She needs to learn some tact but that will come with age, or not.

I don't know what to believe about the Brooks storyline and I don't know why Vicki would choose him over her own daughter.  Her daughter who is a nurse even if she isn't currently working.  Maybe they needed drama and the show decided this was the way to go?  Who knows, but I think it says a lot that Brooks and Vicki have broken up.

• Love 4

I have posted my opinion about Vicki's treatment and why I feel the way I do in various threads in this forum.

Whether or not the diagnosis is true, it should have never been a storyline.

Bravo has once again crossed some moral and ethical boundaries by forcing the storyline the way they did.

I have Prepaid legal through the company I work for. I have never used it though.

The cost for the service is tiny. My company pays most of the fee.

----

If V&B had kept their mouths shut about his supposed cancer it would have never been a storyline. They have noone to blame but themselves. Bravo ran with what they gave them.

• Love 15

Although there may not be any "proof", IMO, Vicki knew about his, Brooks, lie BEFORE filming began. She told both Briana AND Shannon about the phone call to Terry and with Shannon the call was not long after it supposedly happened. His first chemo treatment, according to Brooks, was in Oct. 2014, last year and filming did not begin until sometime in Jan. 2015 (this year), so that means she knew then that he was lying. There is NO WAY that Vicki would not have called Heather/Terry about this had she not been there when this was supposed to have happened or she would have called as soon as Brooks told her about it when she got back home.

Also, when Heather confronted her at Shannon's party, why didn't Vicki say that Terry could have ended the does/doesn't he talk because Terry KNEW what had happened to Brooks directly after his first chemo treatment if she thought/believed what Brooks told her or if doubts were creeping in, why didn't she ask Heather/Terry about that IV story right there and then? She didn't say word one about it because she knew the NHL story was a lie all along. JMO

• Love 12

I think Vicki was in on it the WHOLE time. She always tried too hard from the get go to get people on her side. When she said that Brianna didn't think Brooks looked sick to have cancer, that immediately got everyone emotional and on Vicki's side. That's when I knew that he was faking it-- when Vicki tries to get people to feel sorry for her, it's because she's hiding something. She said that right from the get go. I honestly think that Brooks did it to sell the vitamin drink thing AND to get out of child support. Since Vicki bailed him out in the past, she probably didn't want to get stuck with any more bills, so to her this was about saving money. She is so incredibly selfish. I've never in my life seen such a selfish person. She probably figures since her ex never paid child support and she managed, that the other women should too. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 13

For me, that is 'the question'.  Vicks sure wasn't acting like Vicks during filming if Brooks actually did have cancer.  Was she in on it from the beginning?  Right now I'm thinking she wasn't (of course I reserve the right to change my mind when the reunion is aired).  She did state that she was the one who convinced Brooks to talk about his cancer on the show.  If he was faking it, wow, talk about digging a hole.  And if Vicks found out that he was lying, she had the choice to go against Brooks (her man, and we know she 'needs' a man in her life) or to go along with the lie.  What screwed that all up was that there were enough inconsistencies for the other women to question it on camera.  And she certainly didn't expect PI Meg to come into play.   So, Brooks had to go with his story because of Vicks (cough, cough, his money train) and Vicks had to go with the fake cancer because she needs her man.  In the end, the lies screwed them both.  Just a theory.

Add to that apparently there was some sort of deal made with Club Detox.  Wonder when that happened.....

Vicks said that Brooks broke up with her.  That's very interesting.  Was it because he was just plain scared of the fallout?  Yet he does an interview with Andy.  Will that be just another possible attempted scam.  I don't know but it will be interesting to see what Bravo shows.

And we already know that Vicks is the self proclaimed martyr.  If the truth ever does come out, she'll say that it was because her mom died.

I believe that they started promoting this Detox Club before filming began via both of their twitter accounts.

• Love 5

Although there may not be any "proof", IMO, Vicki knew about his, Brooks, lie BEFORE filming began. She told both Briana AND Shannon about the phone call to Terry and with Shannon the call was not long after it supposedly happened. His first chemo treatment, according to Brooks, was in Oct. 2014, last year and filming did not begin until sometime in Jan. 2015 (this year), so that means she knew then that he was lying. There is NO WAY that Vicki would not have called Heather/Terry about this had she not been there when this was supposed to have happened or she would have called as soon as Brooks told her about it when she got back home.

Also, when Heather confronted her at Shannon's party, why didn't Vicki say that Terry could have ended the does/doesn't he talk because Terry KNEW what had happened to Brooks directly after his first chemo treatment if she thought/believed what Brooks told her or if doubts were creeping in, why didn't she ask Heather/Terry about that IV story right there and then? She didn't say word one about it because she knew the NHL story was a lie all along. JMO

I don't know if Vicks would have called Heather at that time because I don't know how close Vicks and Heather are when they're not filming.  Wasn't Vicks out of town at that time and it was Brooks who told her about the IV?  Maybe I have that wrong.

Vicks could have asked Terry to clarify at the baptism but Vicks isn't that sharp or maybe she knew at that point that it was a lie. 

I think Vicki was in on it the whole time. She always tried too hard from the get go to get people on her side. When she said that Brianna didn't think Brooks looked sick to have cancer, that immediately got everyone emotional and on Vicki's side. That's when I knew that he was faking it-- when Vicki tries to get people to feel sorry for her, it's because she's hiding something. She said that right from the get go. I honestly think that Brooks did it to sell the vitamin drink thing AND to get out of child support. Since Vicki bailed him out in the past, she probably didn't want to get stuck with any more bills, so to her this was about saving money. She is so incredibly selfish. I've never in my life seen such a selfish person. 

The problem I have with this is that filming didn't start until about three month after Brooks was supposedly diagnosed.  She could have believed him in the beginning and had Brooks agree to talk about his cancer but she may not have known the truth until filming began. 

• Love 3

I don't know if Vicks would have called Heather at that time because I don't know how close Vicks and Heather are when they're not filming.  Wasn't Vicks out of town at that time and it was Brooks who told her about the IV?  Maybe I have that wrong.

Vicks could have asked Terry to clarify at the baptism but Vicks isn't that sharp or maybe she knew at that point that it was a lie. 

IMO, Vicki would have talked to Heather and to Terry to Thank Them at the very least IF she believed this story was true at first or when the others started doubting her/Brooks/them. I find it questionable she told Briana NOT to talk about Brooks ON CAMERA at all this season, especially in light of hearing she told Briana about this IV/Terry story. I also don't think she ever thought Heather and Shannon would become friends, so I don't think she thought the story/lie would get back to Heather/Terry during filming. Oh, and Vicki has said that Heather/Terry did reach out to her/Brooks when the announced his NHL was back in September, so she did have contact with them before filming began. I think that Vicki knew before filming began that his story was full of holes/was a lie but didn't care as she was desperate for a storyline this season.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 7

Pretty sure if this cancer thing is a lie, then Vicki's business will go down the drain.  An insurance business where the owner is caught lying?  Good luck with that.  I must say, Brooks must have a big cock or be one hell of a lover for someone like Vicki to stand by this "apparent" lie.

I don't think men are lining up outside Coto de Caza hoping to catch Vicki's eye as she drives by.  She clearly hates being alone, and Brooks is willing to put up with her.  Very few men of her age are (1) available and (2) interested in being with someone like her. 

• Love 15

IMO, Vicki would have talked to Heather and to Terry to Thank Them at the very least IF she believed this story was true at first or when the others started doubting her/Brooks/them. I find it questionable she told Briana NOT to talk about Brooks ON CAMERA at all this season, especially in light of hearing she told Briana about this IV/Terry story. I also don't think she ever thought Heather and Shannon would become friends, so I don't think she thought the story/lie would get back to Heather/Terry during filming. Oh, and Vicki has said that Heather/Terry did reach out to her/Brooks when the announced his NHL was back in September, so she did have contact with them before filming began. I think that Vicki knew before filming began that his story was full of holes/was a lie but didn't care as she was desperate for a storyline this season.

I guess I'm still trying to give someone the benefit of the doubt....even if it is Vicks.  Of course I can change my mind....  We'll see what happens on the reunion.

• Love 3

Brooks would still be responsible for child support even if he were sick.  If he were too sick to work anymore he'd qualify for disability.  With disability he'd get dependent benefits.  Chances are they are as much as he's already paying for child support so he could go to court and say 'Yo, I'm on disability can my dependent benefits count as child support?".  If they say no or he doesn't go to court, the kids still get the dependent benefits and he would still owe child support.  He'd have to go to court to get the amount he pays lowered to match his presumably lowered income on SSDI.

Anyone else notice how much Tamra wanted to get Vicki's hands off her head when Vicki was holding her in place and kissing her?

• Love 3

Brooks would still be responsible for child support even if he were sick. If he were too sick to work anymore he'd qualify for disability. With disability he'd get dependent benefits. Chances are they are as much as he's already paying for child support so he could go to court and say 'Yo, I'm on disability can my dependent benefits count as child support?". If they say no or he doesn't go to court, the kids still get the dependent benefits and he would still owe child support. He'd have to go to court to get the amount he pays lowered to match his presumably lowered income on SSDI.

Anyone else notice how much Tamra wanted to get Vicki's hands off her head when Vicki was holding her in place and kissing her?

Exactly. For someone who is the role model that all stepmothers look up to, I'd a thought Meghan would have been a bit smarter about child support. It just doesn't stop because you get sick.

• Love 4

I noticed that she looked at Vicki strangely, sort of like she wanted to say something. I couldn't figure out what that look was about. 

Maybe every season will end with Tamra renewing her vows party. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 1

Exactly. For someone who is the role model that all stepmothers look up to, I'd a thought Meghan would have been a bit smarter about child support. It just doesn't stop because you get sick.

Meghan is just one of those people who says stuff in an authoritative tone of voice and a certain number of people fall for it, especially if they want to (Shannon, Tamara). She doesn't know anything. There are many reasons that the child support theory doesn't actually clear all that much up that have been mention here. I think Brooks is lying about something, but Meghan PI isn't exactly closing the case.

• Love 12

I'm ashamed to admit that with all the thought I've given to Brooks' "cancer" I never even once considered that he might be faking it to get out of paying child support. I kind of makes perfect sense though. I mean, the guy has a record of not paying support and of just being a general lowlife so why not get out of what he owes with some fake cancer? I don't know enough about how child support works to say for sure that a claim of cancer would put an end to child support payments but it seems possible that it would at least give him a reason to delay them and not get in trouble for it. Or if he's called into court to account for not paying he can always claim the old cancer is acting up again and can they please reschedule for sometime next year?

I don't know a lot about it either, but I do know that the court system would require solid proof that someone has cancer.  You can't just waltz in and say that you have it.   Most likely, follow-up documentation would be required as well over a period of time, and possibly examination (of the patient as well as his medical records)  by a court-appointed physician.  They would need to know details such as ability to work, prognosis, etc.  Simply claiming that he has cancer would get him absolutely nowhere, and being found to have been lying about it could get him into big trouble.  The court system takes child support very, very seriously, and Brooks has already had a taste of that so he's well aware.  He's also on their radar, so his case would be looked at very carefully and he likely would have to jump through additional hoops to satisfy the court.

Meghan is babbling about every thought she has because she's on a mission, and I find it obnoxious.  Whatever the truth is, I can't stand her.  Suspecting that someone is lying about having cancer is one thing, but her actions IMO are quite another.  I think she's despicable.

eta:  And yes, as someone posted above, he would be told to apply for Disability if he could prove that he was unable to work, and then adjustments may or may not be made.  Cancer varies widely from type to type & from person to person, and is most definitely not an easy automatic free pass when it comes to child support.

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 4

Speaking of Brook's kids, if this whole cancer thing is a lie, did they ever think of how this would affect his kids if they watch the show?  Would Brooks have already clued them in on the scam so as not to worry them?  Would his kids care?  How old are his kids anyway? 

• Love 7

Not saying Vicki isn't lying buuut, I could see Brooks taking ipecac and surrounding himself with fake pill bottles or even injecting himself with saline in front of her knowing that Vicki is way too self involved to question anything.  

That reminds me of the ep of Archer in which he discovered his doctor had replaced his chemo meds with Skittles and Zima.

Valencia, California, Nov, 15, 2015 (AP) Reality TV star Vicki Gunvalson apparently died while riding the Dare Devil Chaos Coaster at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia yesterday afternoon. Witnesses on the ride report that she began vomiting and choking after the first inverted dip. Attempts by rescue personal to resuscitate her after the ride completed were unsuccessful.

"She was making these strange whooping and gagging sounds even before the coaster started up," said Michael Stevens, 18, who was seated next to Gunvalson. "Once it started, it just got increasingly worse as we entered that first major dip."

When contacted, fellow reality TV star and close friend Tamra Barney voiced suspicion that Ms. Gunvalson had been under increasing pressure and may have committed suicide. "She'd throw up in a golf cart with a run-down battery," Barney explained, "So she must have known that big scary roller coaster would kill her for sure."

In recent weeks, Gunvalsen and her former partner, Brooks Ayers, have come under increasing criticism over their alleged fabrication of his cancer diagnosis in the recently ended season of her TV show, The Real Housewives of Orange Country. There has even been word that her role would not be renewed for the upcoming 11th season.

Since Gunvalson's passing yesterday, Brooks Ayers has already repeatedly posted on social media alleging that her co-stars on the show were responsible for driving her to suicide. "They drove her to it like a pack of hyenas," he commented in one tweet, "Hounded that poor dear woman until she gave up the ghost."

Tamra Barney sees things differently. "She could have really turned to Jesus and found salvation from the mess she's in, but she wouldn't return my calls. I find it Ironic that she died on a ride named after Satan."

Meghan could not be reached for comment.

vicki%20woohoo%20jesus_zpsuk9aygay.jpg

Heh. I suspect Vicki's been amping up the piety this season as a means to deflect criticism: "How DARE you accuse me of lieing about Brook's cancer! I am a good Christian woman!".

• Love 5

Am I the only one who thought her brother was gay?

I thought he was too. This doesnt mean hes not though. I wouldnt out it past icky or Satan andy to want rhonda there and they just had the brother there as camoflage.

i know thats bad but i totally see that happening

• Love 1

Very early on this season Tamra gave us a big clue about this week's revelation regarding Terry and Brooks- http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/tamra-judge/tamra-let-the-housewife-games-begin.  I thought I remembered Tamra throwing this out there about Heather and Terry not having contact with Brooks and Vicki and then Terry claimed he never talked to Brooks when he wasn't feeling well.  Obviously they had just recently filmed the finale and Tamra would have no way of knowing how they would edit the season when she wrote this blog.  I think the editing elves left crucial information out early.  It always struck me as strange they put the burden on Shannon/Heather/Tamra to delve into the "inconsistencies",  Then there was the odd comment about "buying my silence" that Briana threw out there. At the time of the comment Briana was just 10 short days away from arriving in OC and Tamra had already put on the table she would be talking with Briana.  The time between the lunch with Shannon (April 15th) and the finale (May 2nd), not quite three weeks, but Briana had said her piece with Tamra and I am quite certain Shannon had heard Brianna's input.  I always wondered why Vicki who had totally blown off Shannon was all of a sudden frantically trying to get ahold of her and elicit support.  When that didn't work and Vicki realized she had gone to far walking out on Shannon again she formulated this escape plan with her brother and Rhonda. 

ETA Vicki tried to clean things up with this blog- http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/vicki-i-missed-tamra  Terry's text was in February after Brooks' alleged third and final round of chemo.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Very early on this season Tamra gave us a big clue about this week's revelation regarding Terry and Brooks- http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/tamra-judge/tamra-let-the-housewife-games-begin. I thought I remembered Tamra throwing this out there about Heather and Terry not having contact with Brooks and Vicki and then Terry claimed he never talked to Brooks when he wasn't feeling well. Obviously they had just recently filmed the finale and Tamra would have no way of knowing how they would edit the season when she wrote this blog. I think the editing elves left crucial information out early. It always struck me as strange they put the burden on Shannon/Heather/Tamra to delve into the "inconsistencies", Then there was the odd comment about "buying my silence" that Briana threw out there. At the time of the comment Briana was just 10 short days away from arriving in OC and Tamra had already put on the table she would be talking with Briana. The time between the lunch with Shannon (April 15th) and the finale (May 2nd), not quite three weeks, but Briana had said her piece with Tamra and I am quite certain Shannon had heard Brianna's input. I always wondered why Vicki who had totally blown off Shannon was all of a sudden frantically trying to get ahold of her and elicit support. When that didn't work and Vicki realized she had gone to far walking out on Shannon again she formulated this escape plan with her brother and Rhonda.

ETA Vicki tried to clean things up with this blog- http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/blogs/vicki-gunvalson/vicki-i-missed-tamra Terry's text was in February after Brooks' alleged third and final round of chemo.

Vicki is disgusting for so many reasons. She really is the MLM queen.

• Love 3

I think Billy was pretty wasted, so he probably really didn't have any idea what happened.  He was too busy looking for his next drink, which he promptly carried out to the limo, where there was even more liquor.

I agree he was probably drunk, but he was also nodding his head in agreement with Rhoad Kill in the same discussion.    :)

• Love 2

Right on, Cherry Slushie! There are women (generally women) who will take on these romancing rakes and scoundrels even when they KNOW their histories...because they (the women) are so much more attractive, understanding, and deserving than the previous wives/girlfriends. Shows like Dr. Phil, 20/20, Dateline, etc. have entertained us with these scam artists for decades.

Which is why I don't understand all the horror over Brooks. I in no way condone what hes done in the past, but Vicki is a grown woman who has proven herself to be very difficult. If he wants to love her or scam her that's on her. We've heard Briana complain that he drives her car and lives in her house. Big deal. I believe based on the Vicki we know, the teeth and clothes were to benefit her more than him (remember the makeover on her assistant). So aside from having to deal with her I don't see the horrible scams. But regardless, Vicki is so selfish she'd take the scams with a grain of salt as long as she has a man worshipping her daily.

• Love 5

Vicki was a Jesus nut (in all due hypocritical respect) since season one.  In fact, Jeanna and the rest were the more "laid back" parents while Vicki was strict and uber religious (granted I think Laurie's treatment of Josh was far from "laid back").

I think the proper word for Vicki is "pharisee".
  • Love 4

I could totally see Brooks faking cancer to get back into Vicki's life.  He knew Brianna moved out of state so the house was now empty.  What better way to play Vicki than to say "I have cancer, I need to move in so you can help take care of me" & as far as his child support I could see him conning her into paying it for him to keep them from throwing him in jail while he is fighting for his life.  She bought his original con on her hook line & sinker because who turns away a loved one with cancer?  Speaking of... why wouldn't Brooks want to be surrounded by his own family if he was so sick?  Vicki travels a lot so she is away while his treatments are conveniently scheduled, meanwhile he is sitting around Casa Gunvalson, with his feet up on the family couch, living a lifestyle he couldn't afford otherwise.  Vicki is an easy mark, she bought into all those Hallmark affirmations because she is a big bag of neediness.

I also think Vicki never went to any chemo "treatments", I think she was just saying she had been to some to save face for being such a shitty caregiver once she started getting questioned.  Vicki probably at some point became wise to the scam, but she couldn't put a stop to it now she was too invested in Brooks has "CANCER" storyline.  I could also see Brooks telling her she was now complicit so she better just roll with it.  So she did.  Hence all the lies she has been caught in.

Vicki is still publicly supporting Brooks has cancer but the break up is the kicker.  Because who breaks up with their man amidst a fight with cancer?  Seriously? Who does that?

So, to summarize, I think the cancer story originated as a con on Vicki but morphed into something bigger.  I have no proof supporting my theory but it makes sense to me because I can't see Vicki sitting down with Brooks & coming up with all of this, she has too much to lose with her business.

• Love 9

I wonder if Vicki will be smart enough to put 2 and 2 together and see it was Tamra who started this. I hope she sees how her "close friend" who she "loves so much" threw her under the bus by bringing in the phony psychic to set up the story of her and Brooks's cancer scam. Vicki is so angry at the others when, as usual, TAMRA is the root of all evil - despite her baptism. Makes me wonder if Tamra is trying to dethrone Vicki as OG of the OC, get her booted from the show. Tamra is next in line for succession to that throne.

Production may have felt Brooks was acting sketchy when he failed to show up at the cancer specialists appointment that Shannon arranged. Especially because it was after he was asked to bring in his health records. Notice the binder Vicki talked about including every detail about his cancer treatment never made it to the small screen. It was mentioned by Vicki or Brooks that Brooks' own oncologist would not agree to be filmed. Production must have been very upset with Brooks when he came up with the excuse of two flat tires and cancelled the appointment.

Tamra and her psychic then became pivotal in setting off the season's theme of does Brooks have cancer or not! It started the tenth year frenzy centered around Vicki and Brooks. A central theme both Vicki and Brooks never anticipated or prepared for resulting in timeline and detail mix ups and lies. Lies concocted to prove Brooks currently had cancer, cancer that they planned to have him miraculously cured from by the end of the season. Just in time to coincide with Vicki's latest investment in Detox Cleanse. A business both Vicki and Brooks promoted throughout the season. Bringing it's spokesperson to Brooks' doctor appointment and later accompaning Vicki to Tamra's Baptism celebration. The last episode surprised everyone with their house of cards falling in thanks to Heather's IV-Gate. IMO it was greed that did VICKI GUNVALSON in. Most of the audience and co-workers lost faith in her.

IMO Vicki's friendship with Tamra is her desperate attempt to have "a" cast member to

communicate with, especially with the reunion coming up. By the finale she had burned her bridges with the other HWs and evidence had become overwhelming that Brooks fudged his cancer diagnosis. From what I've read Tamra finally throws Vicki under the bus at the reunion.

• Love 6
As for Vicki saying that she went to his treatments, I most definitely believe that she either lied about that or exaggerated (dropped him off but didn't stay) because at the very least she isn't stupid enough to look callous towards a possible cancer patient (unlike her cast mates apparently).

I doubt Vicki was sitting her ass in on any appointments. We saw her go to that one oxygen infusion thingy, and she was awful - moaning the entire time about needing to get to work, and begging Brooks to hurry. So yea, I doubt that is something she did on the regular. 

So if Tamra comes back next season, she's going to have a hard time stirring shit up if she's still going to playing the Christian.  Or is her thing going to be, "Yes, I still talk about anal sex and lie, but I'm a sinner....and He's forgiven my sins.

That's exactly what she'll do. She'll just be all, "Christian's aren't perfect!" - which is true. But c'mon, you're supposed to TRY.

• Love 13

Which is why I don't understand all the horror over Brooks. I in no way condone what hes done in the past, but Vicki is a grown woman who has proven herself to be very difficult. If he wants to love her or scam her that's on her. We've heard Briana complain that he drives her car and lives in her house. Big deal. I believe based on the Vicki we know, the teeth and clothes were to benefit her more than him (remember the makeover on her assistant). So aside from having to deal with her I don't see the horrible scams. But regardless, Vicki is so selfish she'd take the scams with a grain of salt as long as she has a man worshipping her daily.

Exactly-it is always about Vicki and who will bow down.  I am sure she wants to be a constant in her grandsons lives and am certain the first words she wants the to learn are, "love Nana," because it is just to more mouths that love her and at this point question her behavior or motives.

Not to sound snobby but in the world of reality show people there are certain levels of people who pique interest.  At the top of the heap are the Jenner/Kardashians.  So when you are part of a cast and trying to claw your way into the A circle of reality folk (I know an oxymoron) you want to be around men like the Dubrows (Terry has two shows on E! the mecca of reality TV) and Jim Edmonds because he is on TV and is a sports' icon, Harry Hamlin sexiest man alive, Mauricio owner of a big real estate agency featured on at least three reality shows, Ken Todd best man to a Rolling Stone, Vince Van Patten actor and son of beloved actor, .  So last year when Ryan Murphy (creator of Glee) had his benefit it was the cast of RHOBH (minus the two slobs Kim and Brandi) and the Beadors at the event.  So a Brooks or a Slade are really not as likely to fit and garner invites.  Eddie struggles because he is really just a dependent of Tamra's but we see him work.  So that is my reason for the rest of the cast to care about who they are working with. Terry doesn't want to be part of a dubious health claim, Jim sure doesn't and David stays out of it.  Heather has been vocal about the Giudices and their conviction and it staining the entire franchise and then there is Apollo.  Gone are the days of the OC with unemployed Donn, alcoholic Matt.  Back then the women were the ones running and providing for their families.  (There was Kimberly but they returned to Chicago after her husband was accused of sexual harassment).  So after serial single women they finally found three of the principles with working successful partners.  Unfortunately one is married to Meghan.  Finally there is the spending power, obviously Brooks is out of the league of David, Terry or Jim, so anything they do as a couple is in Vicki's backyard on production's dime. 

ETA Vicki has gone after each of these women for not working outside the home-obviously the work by virtue of being on the show.  To me, Vicki objectifies these women and makes the see beholding to the big earner.  I can only imagine what she says to Brooks.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 2

I could totally see Brooks faking cancer to get back into Vicki's life.  He knew Brianna moved out of state so the house was now empty.  What better way to play Vicki than to say "I have cancer, I need to move in so you can help take care of me" & as far as his child support I could see him conning her into paying it for him to keep them from throwing him in jail while he is fighting for his life.  She bought his original con on her hook line & sinker because who turns away a loved one with cancer?  Speaking of... why wouldn't Brooks want to be surrounded by his own family if he was so sick?  Vicki travels a lot so she is away while his treatments are conveniently scheduled, meanwhile he is sitting around Casa Gunvalson, with his feet up on the family couch, living a lifestyle he couldn't afford otherwise.  Vicki is an easy mark, she bought into all those Hallmark affirmations because she is a big bag of neediness.

I also think Vicki never went to any chemo "treatments", I think she was just saying she had been to some to save face for being such a shitty caregiver once she started getting questioned.  Vicki probably at some point became wise to the scam, but she couldn't put a stop to it now she was too invested in Brooks has "CANCER" storyline.  I could also see Brooks telling her she was now complicit so she better just roll with it.  So she did.  Hence all the lies she has been caught in.

Vicki is still publicly supporting Brooks has cancer but the break up is the kicker.  Because who breaks up with their man amidst a fight with cancer?  Seriously? Who does that?

So, to summarize, I think the cancer story originated as a con on Vicki but morphed into something bigger.  I have no proof supporting my theory but it makes sense to me because I can't see Vicki sitting down with Brooks & coming up with all of this, she has too much to lose with her business.

I agree 100%.  

• Love 2
If V&B had kept their mouths shut about his supposed cancer it would have never been a storyline. They have noone to blame but themselves. Bravo ran with what they gave them.

If I remember correctly, didn't Vicki try to completely exclude Brooks from being part of the show at all?  I thought I remembered that she tried to get it so he was not filmed and not part of her storyline at all but Bravo insisted that she had to include it.  Anyone?  If this is true - it adds to the shiftiness of the Cancer story.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 5

Frankly, I think that Bravo owes Vicki.  We've all seen housewives pretend to be solvent when they weren't, attempt baby storylines when they were menopausal, even break the law and get sent to jail, but bravo either looked the other way or had a minimal impact.  Yes, we all know Slade is a scumbag getting money under the table to avoid child support, but he is still doing it and he and Gretchen are still together.  Taliban Jim and Alexis may have downsized, but they are still chugging along.  Teresa and Joe are in/going to the slammer for goodness sake and Bravo could have long ago featured those illegal business dealings and didn't, but they still have these specials which present them in a heart tugging light.  Vicki, the OG of the OC, was forced to have Brooks film and now this whole mess has cost her her credibility, all of her HW friends, and her boyfriend.   Maybe she deserves it, but all the rest of the real housewives shysters do as well. 

• Love 12

I agree with all of this, especially your last statement.  I think that right now, Vicki is really trying to cover up the "small" lies she told (i.e., going with Brooks to his chemo treatments and/or doctor's appointments, etc.).  I think, as you said, she was trying to save face by saying she did those things.  And now, she is trying to save face again, by not admitting to being completely duped and conned by a scumbag.  Vicki is always saying how smart she is, so to be hookwinked by a conman for all this time is real blow.  Vicki's ego is bigger than Donald Trump's, and this must be a huge hit to her ego, so she is changing her tune, very slightly.  She said it in that last talking head, and again on WWHL - "Whether Brooks' does or doesn't have cancer".....to me, that is very telling.  She is being very subtle, but she is now putting it out there that maybe she also has a hint of something "hinky" going on, and she is unable to admit it publicly, because of the way she defended Brooks so vehemently and vociferously throughout all of this.

In a way, I feel very badly for her, because she is an extremely needy person, and this asshole has taken her for a ride, pretty much from the start of their relationship.  "Love is Blind" is the epitome of how Vicki has been with Brooks, and now, she is between a rock and hard place.  She knows something is not right, she knows she  may have been set up, but her ego and nariccism will not allow her to admit it to anyone, least of all, herself.

• Love 5
For me, that is 'the question'.  Vicks sure wasn't acting like Vicks during filming if Brooks actually did have cancer.  Was she in on it from the beginning?  Right now I'm thinking she wasn't (of course I reserve the right to change my mind when the reunion is aired).

That's a very good question. I think it was in the first episode when we saw Vicki bringing home dinner, and fussing over Brooks - "no bread", "no, you can't have that dressing", etc. It wasn't a super serious scene, but THAT seemed like a Vicki who was living with/taking care of a sick person - super micro-managey and controlling. Vicki can be very "mothering", but I think that may be part of her larger "sympathize with ME" schtick. 

But in most of the other scenes, she didn't seem to give two figs that Brooks had cancer. She was always more concerned with getting back to work. 

• Love 5

If I remember correctly, didn't Vicki try to completely exclude Brooks from being part of the show at all?  I thought I remembered that she tried to get it so he was not filmed and not part of her storyline at all but Bravo insisted that she had to include it.  Anyone?  If this is true - it adds to the shiftiness of the Cancer story.

Yes. that is correct. Vicki didn't want to include Brooks in filming at all. Brooks didn't want to film either - he had already taken too much of a beating over previous seasons.  Andy threatened her Orange if she didn't include him. So, Vicki convinced Brooks to film this season. This is something that Andy has confirmed more than once.

• Love 4

I wonder if Vicks is (was) defending Crooks to the hilt, and evading questions, and "away on business" during treatments because she could seriously lose her whole business if she is implicated in any kind of insurance fraud.

If Brooks lied, drew her in, and she panicked and went along with it just to save face thinking they'd just get out and no one would ever be the wiser, she could totally lose COTO Insurance. That's the one thing she loves more than Brianna, Brooks, and maybe even herself.

Vicki works ya know !!! ;-)

• Love 1

Yes, Andy/Bravo did tell her she had to film with Brooks or else but that was before last season, not this season. Also, Bravo can not force the women to talk about anything they don't want to, like LisaV never talked about the lawsuit she was going through during filming. What they chose to talk about is on each HW but Bravo can say that if you are dating someone you need to film with him on camera and Brooks had already been on the show for 2 years when V/B deciced he would not film. This cancer storyline is on Vicki/Brooks, no one forced them to use it.

• Love 7

Newt Gingrich.

• Love 22

Icky can't afford to question Tamra as being the root of all evil...she is all Icky has left. She has completely alienated everyone else. Tamra at least is still willing to play the role of pretend friend.

• Love 7

Yes. that is correct. Vicki didn't want to include Brooks in filming at all. Brooks didn't want to film either - he had already taken too much of a beating over previous seasons.  Andy threatened her Orange if she didn't include him. So, Vicki convinced Brooks to film this season. This is something that Andy has confirmed more than once.

Hasn't the one dishing out the bad treatment of Brooks been Briana and Ryan with a little push from the side from Tamra?  I don't recall anyone else having treated him poorly other than Vicki's family oh and the argument with Tamra over the stupid evil eye.

• Love 2