Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E19: Baptism By Fire

• Start Topic

Yes, Andy/Bravo did tell her she had to film with Brooks or else but that was before last season, not this season. Also, Bravo can not force the women to talk about anything they don't want to, like LisaV never talked about the lawsuit she was going through during filming. What they chose to talk about is on each HW but Bravo can say that if you are dating someone you need to film with him on camera and Brooks had already been on the show for 2 years when V/B deciced he would not film. This cancer storyline is on Vicki/Brooks, no one forced them to use it.

No it was before this season.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/was-vicki-gunvalson-forced-to-film-with-brooks-ayers

• Love 3

That's a very good question. I think it was in the first episode when we saw Vicki bringing home dinner, and fussing over Brooks - "no bread", "no, you can't have that dressing", etc. It wasn't a super serious scene, but THAT seemed like a Vicki who was living with/taking care of a sick person - super micro-managey and controlling. Vicki can be very "mothering", but I think that may be part of her larger "sympathize with ME" schtick. 

But in most of the other scenes, she didn't seem to give two figs that Brooks had cancer. She was always more concerned with getting back to work. 

That's a good point. I had forgotten that scene from early in the season.  That's the Vickster I would expect to see - super controlling.  The fact that we never saw that side of her again all season says to me she knew what was up.  

• Love 12

[quote name="yogi2014L"

This is why I am so bored. I feel like none of these women are friends. They are bad actresses on a poorly scripted show. If I wanted complete fakery I would watch Desperate Housewives with better looking people, better actresses, characters and story lines

Congrats Andy you murdered this show!!!

__

This is why I continuously comment about the programs becoming 'soap operas'.

The tv fictional drama, Desperate Housewives, was the impetus behind the genesis of THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY. The program was supposed to show the real lifestyles of women in a real community akin to that in the fictional Desperate Housewives.

Originally, The program portrayed 'the truth' fairly well. Then the other franchises were developed and Andy's involvement and machinations increased. And, well, here we are.

Here we are--in this faux reality. Unscrupulously scripted, edited to taste(LESSNESS), dismal, pitiful, and increasingly removed from the premise of its' inception. It has become abysmal.

P.S.: In this program, over the years, why is everyone always racing about attempting to either prove someone of underhanded/disgraceful behavior, or disprove the validity of someone's acts. Always. THAT becomes their life.

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 13

Not saying Vicki isn't lying buuut, I could see Brooks taking ipecac and surrounding himself with fake pill bottles or even injecting himself with saline in front of her knowing that Vicki is way too self involved to question anything. Homegirl was gagging when he was swallowing pills. It isn't like Vicki has a medical degree.

Wordy McWord! Whether Vicki and/or Brooks were lying, nobody forced these women to act like uncouth assholes with no home training. If they really cared as "friends", then why didn't they speak to her off camera about it and then act like normal damn people? Maybe they thought all of this would blow up in Vicki's and Brooks' faces leaving them unscathed but at this point I think all of them suck. I seriously don't want to hear any of them talk about being "authentic", "classy" or a "good friend" because every single one of them look trashy as hell at this point.

Totally agree.

ALL OF THEM are full of undiluted shit.

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

Hasn't the one dishing out the bad treatment of Brooks been Briana and Ryan with a little push from the side from Tamra?  I don't recall anyone else having treated him poorly other than Vicki's family oh and the argument with Tamra over the stupid evil eye.

Yes, Ryan Brianna and Tamra were the ones on the show. The way I understood it though was that he was also hearing it from fans of the show as well and didn't want to be a part of it anymore. I suspect that is the real reason he broke up with Vicki. He didn't want to do the show, agreed to do it so she could keep her job, Mehgan started her crap based on Tamra's psychic and by the time they were done with filming, he was just over it and Vicki.

• Love 5

Yes. that is correct. Vicki didn't want to include Brooks in filming at all. Brooks didn't want to film either - he had already taken too much of a beating over previous seasons.  Andy threatened her Orange if she didn't include him. So, Vicki convinced Brooks to film this season. This is something that Andy has confirmed more than once.

That wasn't for Season 10, it was for Season 9 (but I'm sure the same idea held for this season-- that Bravo wants/ requires Brooks to film).

• Love 1
and by the time they were done with filming, he was just over it and Vicki.

Would Brooks have left--could Brooks have left if he didn't have a posh place to land?  Perhaps some rich mama made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

• Love 2

It was what Vicki and Brooks chose to talk about when the cameras were on them. They could have talked about anything else, business, weather, her grandsons, his kids, travel, the other HWs....anything. Instead they, Vicki/Brooks, chose to talk about his "cancer/treatments" ON camera and to the other HWs. They both laid the ground work for this storyline months before filming began by giving interviews and by talking to the other HWs and giving them all differing stories. Vicki and Brooks had total conrtrol over whether or not to discuss this on camera and they chose to so IMO, they can not blame anyone else.

• Love 1
I feel like none of these women are friends.

Aren't most of the women transplants from other parts of the U.S.?  Shannon grew up in the area and went all through schools there.  SURELY she has some friends--David has friends/work friends, and some sort of Life of the Rich outside of this show.  Anyone?  Anyone?

• Love 1

Yes, Andy/Bravo did tell her she had to film with Brooks or else but that was before last season, not this season. Also, Bravo can not force the women to talk about anything they don't want to, like LisaV never talked about the lawsuit she was going through during filming. What they chose to talk about is on each HW but Bravo can say that if you are dating someone you need to film with him on camera and Brooks had already been on the show for 2 years when V/B deciced he would not film. This cancer storyline is on Vicki/Brooks, no one forced them to use it.

I believe the threat was for this season, but you are right in that they didn't make Vicki talk about anything.  In addition to your point about Lisa not discussing her lawsuit last year (which happened days before filming began), they didn't make Tamra talk about the custody stuff last year, and that was a huge element in her life. All Andy said was that if she was dating Brooks she had to include him. They could have been much more private about the cancer stuff if they wanted to do so. 

• Love 9

Yes, Ryan Brianna and Tamra were the ones on the show. The way I understood it though was that he was also hearing it from fans of the show as well and didn't want to be a part of it anymore. I suspect that is the real reason he broke up with Vicki. He didn't want to do the show, agreed to do it so she could keep her job, Mehgan started her crap based on Tamra's psychic and by the time they were done with filming, he was just over it and Vicki.

The only reason that Vicki was threatened was because she was dating Brooks but wanted to keep it all off camera. She said that they had both had enough of the way he was treated and they didn't want to do it anymore. If they were not together, there would have been no threat to make. Andy only said that if she was seriously dating someone, she had to include him. 

• Love 1

Would Brooks have left--could Brooks have left if he didn't have a posh place to land?  Perhaps some rich mama made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

He probably got a little nest egg from Vicki before pulling up stakes to find the next sugar mama. Wasn't part of that vodka lawsuit about Vicki giving Brooks a share of the business?

• Love 4

Andy told her that before filming began for season 9 (last season) not this season (season 10). He even tells why she wanted to keep him off camera, season 8 reunion backlash. Also, they did NOT have to discuss Brooks "cancer" ON camera, that was Vicki/Brooks decision, no one forced them to do so or to lie about it on camera either.

• Love 1

Loved fiery Shannon!

I hope Tamra getting baptized doesn't mean the end of her outbursts. Maybe she'll throw out a "THAT'S GOD'S OPINION!" or something similar for next season.

• Love 5

Andy told her that before filming began for season 9 (last season) not this season (season 10). He even tells why she wanted to keep him off camera, season 8 reunion backlash. Also, they did NOT have to discuss Brooks "cancer" ON camera, that was Vicki/Brooks decision, no one forced them to do so or to lie about it on camera either.

If Vicki had already reached out to Shannon prior to the season and/or off camera regarding Brooks' treatment, wouldn't it seem extremely odd that she not mention it on camera? What about one of her cast mates bringing it up? Just because she brought it up doesn't mean that the others should have acted in the manner they did. By all means, let the audience decide if either of them are lying (especially since some of the posters here are better PIs than Meghan anyway).

• Love 5

How does Andy et Bravo determine what Ho'wives' personal tales are dissected, discussed, or dismissed?

The lack of inclusion about the above topics mentioned by motorcitymom65 has long been a revelation about the programs' production--'cast' encompassed.

Apparently, it's ALL poppycock.

I am very confused by Shannon. I hate to say this but I think I may actually believe something Tamra said about her last year. I know! The world is definitely about to end if I believe anything Tamra says. But, last year, I remember Tamra saying that Shannon was only pretending to be upset about the gossip about her marriage. That once the cameras were off the sadness went away and Shannon would talk about what great TV it was. She said that Shannon even used the example of Tamra asking Simon for a divorce on camera and how marital problems seem to play really well on this show. Watching Shannon pimp out the state of her marriage this season has be thinking that maybe, just maybe Tamra wasn't lying about that. I can't remember if Tamra said this in an interview or one of her blogs, but does anyone else remember that?

• Love 1

Weighing in on the Brooks and filming situation.  First off Vicki had put out there on social media she was living with him.  Brooks and Vicki put out via social media Brooks had cancer and Brooks accompanied Vicki to her December 17th WWHL appearance.  IIRC last year after Terry Dubrow made an ass out of himself he said he would not longer film with the cast only at home.  Obviously things changed.  I have a sneaking suspicion for Vicki to be filmed in Oklahoma and Bravo to pay for Briana et a,l to be flown out twice, Brooks had to be part of the storyline not his cancer just his relationship with Vicki.  There is nothing interesting about Briana and even less interesting seeing her in Oklahoma. 

At this point it is all about negotiating and what sells to the public.  I don't think Brooks minds being on the show, I think he delighted in it.  The problem was he and Vicki in their lust for endorsements and free marketing always take the story too far. 

Personally, I thought Brooks comported himself well on the show.  There was one dust up and that was with Tamra and he clearly came out on top.  As far as cancer being hogwash, I a going to go with Andy and the producer that maybe Brooks tries a bit too hard to be convincing.  It seems the time bomb is in the taped interview to be shown at the Reunion.  Vicki was the one dumped. She is the one leaving the door open for the relationship with her kind words about him.

If I were a betting person my guess is Brooks either negotiated pay from Bravo/Evolution or he had a deal with Vicki that he would be paid by her and she reneged after the going got tough.  When someone is married their salary is community property (maybe not for Meghan) if you are an adult child like Briana you get paid, I am guessing Billy probably got paid (or at the very least his flights paid for) so it seems reasonable Brooks was compensated.  If it was Brooks genius idea to present the medical records to Tamra instead of say Terry-then he quite frankly is an idiot and to present on camera a gobbledygook report is even ore idiotic.  At anytime Brooks could have  on his own given the records to anyone to prevent what happened fro happening.  I would not expect him to give his records to Meghan. 

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1
Loved Heather's line, something like the motto of her people is "never forget"

I thought that was in reference to the Holocaust.  I don't think Heather was right to compare  "Never Forget" to the long held baptism ritual.  "never forget" reminds people to never forget what happened to all their ancestors and loved ones during WWII. Baptisms are about saving your soul. "Never Forget" is in reference to the Nazi genocides. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 4

I am very confused by Shannon. I hate to say this but I think I may actually believe something Tamra said about her last year. I know! The world is definitely about to end if I believe anything Tamra says. But, last year, I remember Tamra saying that Shannon was only pretending to be upset about the gossip about her marriage. That once the cameras were off the sadness went away and Shannon would talk about what great TV it was. She said that Shannon even used the example of Tamra asking Simon for a divorce on camera and how marital problems seem to play really well on this show. Watching Shannon pimp out the state of her marriage this season has be thinking that maybe, just maybe Tamra wasn't lying about that. I can't remember if Tamra said this in an interview or one of her blogs, but does anyone else remember that?

Tamra claimed after Shannon told her about the e-mail, Shannon turned to the producers and said, "wasn't Tamra's divorce the highest rated episode?"  I don't recall any sadness going away or playing well on TV.  Obviously from what was said it seems it can easily be interpreted different ways and as you pointed out it was Tamra..  I think Tamra put her own spin on it and BTW it wasn't the highest rated episode.-the one where Tamra through wine on Jeana was-I remember that from Alex's column.  I think all it illustrates is these women early on are encouraged by producers and ratings, storylines and airing are always a priority.

I would say subsequent events prove Tamra wrong about the state of the Beador marriage.  I  believe at the time Tamra was trying to minimize her betrayal of Shannon.

• Love 1

If Vicki had already reached out to Shannon prior to the season and/or off camera regarding Brooks' treatment, wouldn't it seem extremely odd that she not mention it on camera? What about one of her cast mates bringing it up? Just because she brought it up doesn't mean that the others should have acted in the manner they did. By all means, let the audience decide if either of them are lying (especially since some of the posters here are better PIs than Meghan anyway).

No, telling a cast mate who happens to be your friend off camera as well does NOT mean that it will be a subject/topic for/on the show. Lisa/Ken's lawsuit was very, very public knowledge yet not 1 of her fellow cast members talked about it ON camera, the same with Brandi's public display caught by the tabloids on camera. If you, the HW, do not talk about it, introduce the subject, on camera, the others usually do not. No one mentioned David's affair last season ON camera even though Shannon talked about their ongoing maritial problems all season long, so we know that even the OC women know not to cross that line. Vicki and Brooks made the decision to use his cancer as her main storyline for this season even though they did not have to.

• Love 3

If you, the HW, do not talk about it, introduce the subject, on camera, the others usually do not.

Well that is definitely not true (especially with Tamra in your cast). Lake Bass ring any bells? If they already shared his cancer diagnosis off camera and on social media, it would seem extremely odd that nobody would mention it on camera.

• Love 4

Tamra claimed after Shannon told her about the e-mail, Shannon turned to the producers and said, "wasn't Tamra's divorce the highest rated episode?"  I don't recall any sadness going away or playing well on TV.  Obviously from what was said it seems it can easily be interpreted different ways and as you pointed out it was Tamra..  I think Tamra put her own spin on it and BTW it wasn't the highest rated episode.-the one where Tamra through wine on Jeana was-I remember that from Alex's column.  I think all it illustrates is these women early on are encouraged by producers and ratings, storylines and airing are always a priority.

I would say subsequent events prove Tamra wrong about the state of the Beador marriage.  I  believe at the time Tamra was trying to minimize her betrayal of Shannon.

Yes it is Tamra, so I initially didn't believe her at all. But certain things Shannon has done this season make me think that while she may have been exaggerating, she wasn't exactly lying about Shannon wanting her marriage issues on the show - for ratings. I don't know. I just hate when Tamra says something that seems to be bitchy defense techniques only to have there actually be a grain of truth in it. I like knowing that up is up, the sky is blue, and Tamra lies.

• Love 1

Well that is definitely not true (especially with Tamra in your cast). Lake Bass ring any bells? If they already shared his cancer diagnosis off camera and on social media, it would seem extremely odd that nobody would mention it on camera.

Tamra didn't talk about David's affair last season so even Tamra knows not to cross certain boundaries. LOL  Right off the bat, Vicki/Books discussed his NHL ON camera, then proceeded to tell differing stories to each and every HW ON camera, thus insuring that the cancer would be THE big storyline for the season. Again, it was their choice, NO ONE forced them.

• Love 2

The eternal question, for me, since Season 3...

WHY does Tamra always come out standing? Is it because she is Satan's spawn?! Unscathed, once again...

I guess the pasteurization kept her "safe" for one more season.

Oh I know! I know! It's amazing and maddening. What a b_ _ _h.

• Love 2

Haven't noticed any comments about Vicks' dress.  Oh my goodness!  Could it be any tighter?  Just how did she squeeze herself into that white sausage casing monstrosity anyway?

Spanx? 

Or.... Yummy Tummy?!!?? (holla)  

Lake Bass ring any bells?

I think you mean "BASS LAKE"!  (must be said in accusatory tone whilst pointing at your companion)

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 12

I believe the threat was for this season, but you are right in that they didn't make Vicki talk about anything. In addition to your point about Lisa not discussing her lawsuit last year (which happened days before filming began), they didn't make Tamra talk about the custody stuff last year, and that was a huge element in her life. All Andy said was that if she was dating Brooks she had to include him. They could have been much more private about the cancer stuff if they wanted to do so.

Vicki and Brooks had mentioned that Brooks' doctor would not agree to be filmed...after that I believe production came up with Shannon making an appointment for Brooks with a world renowned NHL expert. Tamra mentions in an article up-thread that production made plans to "film Brooks" at the cancer expert Shannon recommended. I wouldn't be surprised if production asked Shannon to make the appointment for Brooks, not Vicki. Tamra tells us the doctor's office told Brooks to bring his "medical records" to the doctors visit which he conviently missed due to flat tires. This could account for why Vicki argued that she had NOT asked for Shannon to help.

After this missed filming incident production was hot on Brooks and Vicki's cancer storyline like white on rice! The line managers of each HW began to zero in on each statement out of Vicki's/Brooks/Briana's mouths concerning his illness past or present. Boom--- Tamra was told by production to ask her psychic about Brooks' cancer, even though Vicki wasn't there. Production most likely told Tamra not to invite Vicki to the event. Production then edited this season around the inconsistencies, false information and unnatural responses of Vicki to a man she loves suffering from a life threatening illness. The rest is history...we'll see production edit the reunion to its Shakespearean conclusion.

Link:

http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-tamra-judge-dishes-on-rhoc-season-10/

Edited by talula
  • Love 4

For what it's worth- Vicki and Brooks are the one who told their stories, unsolicited to begin with. When the info doesn't line up, I don't blame anyone for checking it out.... especially Meghan after the know it all about being a parent talk that Vicki unleashed on her. If you don't lie, or give constantly shifting stories, maybe people will just accept your story at face value. Besides, Brooks has a history of lying about having Cancer. Not to mention the crap he did to Briana and if anyone doesn't believe her accusations regarding his advice to her husband, go listen to it... its online. Brooks is a tool of the useless kind.

Aren't most of the women transplants from other parts of the U.S.? Shannon grew up in the area and went all through schools there. SURELY she has some friends--David has friends/work friends, and some sort of Life of the Rich outside of this show. Anyone? Anyone?

I'm sure she does and we just don't know about it because she has chosen not to film big parts of her life. BUT I do find it odd how little of an "outside the show" life Shannon seems to have. It could all just be the way she's filmed, but with most of the other women stuff seeps in. They mention an old job or that they used to live someplace else or random people are at their events or something. With Shannon there's just nothing. Things I know about Shannon from her on the show: She went to USC. She had twins soon after getting married. She goes to Dr Moon. David had an affair. That's it. There's other stuff I know from gossip sites and whatnot, but not from show Shannon. She really presents herself as having almost no life. No hobbies, no friends, no job, no extended family, no ambitions. Just her own brand of hypochondria and helicopter wife/mothering. I'm sure it's not completely accurate, but it's a weird image to project.

• Love 4

Yes it is Tamra, so I initially didn't believe her at all. But certain things Shannon has done this season make me think that while she may have been exaggerating, she wasn't exactly lying about Shannon wanting her marriage issues on the show - for ratings. I don't know. I just hate when Tamra says something that seems to be bitchy defense techniques only to have there actually be a grain of truth in it. I like knowing that up is up, the sky is blue, and Tamra lies.

I kind of always belived Tamara about that. Tamara is evil and manipulative, but not dumb. She's actually pretty good at reading people. And she knows a game seeking two faced whore when she meets one. Birds of a feather. My thing with Shannon has always been that she can not stop talking ON CAMERA about how private her marriage problems are. The email thing was a perfect example. None of the initial drama happened on camera, yet Shannon recreated telling Tamara about it on camera and went over to Heather's with a camera crew in tow, screaming about how dare anyone make this public. Uh, Shannon YOU just made it public all on your own. And I just don't think she's so dumb as to not get that she's being filmed so I'm left with the demure spurned wife Shannon who's just trying to stop the OC gossip train from hurting her family is actually an act for the show. I've just never really believed this much praised authentic-ness of Shannon. I think she's as big a phony as any of them.

I show myself out.

• Love 12

I kind of always belived Tamara about that. Tamara is evil and manipulative, but not dumb. She's actually pretty good at reading people. And she knows a game seeking two faced whore when she meets one. Birds of a feather. My thing with Shannon has always been that she can not stop talking ON CAMERA about how private her marriage problems are. The email thing was a perfect example. None of the initial drama happened on camera, yet Shannon recreated telling Tamara about it on camera and went over to Heather's with a camera crew in tow, screaming about how dare anyone make this public. Uh, Shannon YOU just made it public all on your own. And I just don't think she's so dumb as to not get that she's being filmed so I'm left with the demure spurned wife Shannon who's just trying to stop the OC gossip train from hurting her family is actually an act for the show. I've just never really believed this much praised authentic-ness of Shannon. I think she's as big a phony as any of them.

I show myself out.

Guess we're both going to the corner because I agree with your post FozzyBear.

• Love 4

Exactly. For someone who is the role model that all stepmothers look up to, I'd a thought Meghan would have been a bit smarter about child support. It just doesn't stop because you get sick.

Child support does not stop if a parent is sick. Spinning a fake cancer story may, perhaps, keep his sorry ass out of jail if he was getting too far behind. Maybe he was hoping to garner sympathy from the courts if the cancer plot line had gone as planned.

• Love 4

Eddie struggles because he is really just a dependent of Tamra's but we see him work.

This got me thinking, how exactly is Brooks that much different than Eddie. Now disclaimer, I thought Eddie was all for the cameras since day 1 and never liked him. But in reality, he had a job and a house when they met (we assume that because that's where they are living). He must've had a car and some cash due to all the traveling they did. After one HW season, he quit his job. And now "works" in the gym Tamara created (in the beginning he had no part in it) based off of her HW fame. Now he's basically an aerobic instructor when he's not grinning for the cameras. And driving Tamara's cadillac while babysitting her kids. Now granted, I know brooks has his grifter past and all, but when you put it on paper, Tamara (& Bravo) is supporting her boytoy just like Vicki is supporting hers. I would bet money if her kids didn't object so much this season would have been a V&B wedding at the St Regis instead of cancergate.

• Love 2

This got me thinking, how exactly is Brooks that much different than Eddie. Now disclaimer, I thought Eddie was all for the cameras since day 1 and never liked him. But in reality, he had a job and a house when they met (we assume that because that's where they are living). He must've had a car and some cash due to all the traveling they did. After one HW season, he quit his job. And now "works" in the gym Tamara created (in the beginning he had no part in it) based off of her HW fame. Now he's basically an aerobic instructor when he's not grinning for the cameras. And driving Tamara's cadillac while babysitting her kids. Now granted, I know brooks has his grifter past and all, but when you put it on paper, Tamara (& Bravo) is supporting her boytoy just like Vicki is supporting hers. I would bet money if her kids didn't object so much this season would have been a V&B wedding at the St Regis instead of cancergate.

For me the difference is that Eddie PUT a ring on Tamra while Brooks didn't and I don't buy that Brooks didn't marry Vicki because of Briana. IMO, Vicki is smart enough now, after her divorce from Donn, to demand a prenup and I think/believe that is why Brooks did not ask her to marry him.

• Love 4

Tamra's interview in All Things Housewives says it all... two flat tires...NOT!

There were so many inconsistent stories circulating on camera and off. We all started noticing them immediately. Things just didn’t make sense! Why wouldn’t he see Shannon’s doctor? He was scheduled to film with her until she wanted to see his medical records. Where was this big binder full of medical records? Why did Vicki say she called Terry in the middle of the night? Why was Brooks drinking and traveling all over the place? Who stops chemo after 3 rounds when your not having secondary issues from it? There are so many unanswered questions.”

http://allthingsrh.com/exclusive-tamra-judge-dishes-on-rhoc-season-10/

Now we know why Tamra brought in the psychic at the beginning and Eddie mouthed that Brooks did not have cancer. Everyone's radar was on high after Brooks missed filming with Shannon's doctor.

Wait, what? Brooks only had 3 chemo treatments? Allegedly only had three that Tamra knew of.... Well, okay then.

• Love 3

Shannon has said repeatedly that she thought being on the show would get her attention from David.  She also said she would be able to view things from the outside.  I don't think she wanted her marriage to end.  Since everyone knew about the affair, she really had no choice but to address it and move forward.

Wait, what? Brooks only had 3 chemo treatments? Allegedly only had three that Tamra knew of.... Well, okay then.

Brooks said he had three chemo treatments and then stopped.  I guess fake chemo treatments do not work on fake cancer.

• Love 7

"What if he was lying, what does that have to do with me?" and also the IV story. Something stinks and it ain't just David's finger.

As far as Vicki getting upset at the women discussing "does he or doesn't he" and Shannon upset at everyone discussing David's cheating. Pot meet Kettle. You both brought it to the show as a storyline so boo friggin' hoo!.

I don't care if Brianna is college educated she and Ryan talking about the house smelling musty after Brooks living there was so idiotic. Lord they let their "stupid" show. The way they went on one would think Brooks smeared semen on the walls and on every sheet and towel, peed in the sink, farted into the cushions and scooted his bare ass across the floors.

Tamera may have given her soul to Jesus but her heart has always belonged to Satan. She will now be vile with a sense of impunity. Just watch.

Haha! Fantastic post!

Vicki%20Pastor%20Billy%20Caption_zpsdieh

Upon viewing this, I laughed until tears streamed.

• Love 7

This show used to be some fun, snark to watch but this season. The dragging out of Cancer gate was unbearable. Whether he does or does not have Cancer I don't not buy for a hot minute nosy ass Vicki does not know what's up!

It was fun hearing Tamara ask Pasture Mike if he wanted a bit of the halo, classy. I expect no less from Gramballs. Unless there is a change in casting not sure if I will be back next season.

• Love 5

You guys are at it again!

I have previously implored you all to 'cyst and decease' in causing me to literally gasp with laughter!

Gee, willy! My mirth runneth over.

ETA: Lovin' it!!

~

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 3

Shannon has said repeatedly that she thought being on the show would get her attention from David.  She also said she would be able to view things from the outside.  I don't think she wanted her marriage to end.  Since everyone knew about the affair, she really had no choice but to address it and move forward.

Oh, I definitely agree that she wanted to keep the marriage. I also believed her when she said that she would be able to view things from the outside. I truly believed everything Shannon said last season. And thought it was shitty of Tamra to say that Shannon thought her marriage troubles would make great television. But, watching Shannon this season and seeing how even now she doesn't see that there was anything wrong with including her kids in this affair business on camera, I can't help but think that she really and truly thought the audience would be entertained by this and thus be great for ratings. I can't think of any other reason for her to put her kids through this. I just hate that Tamra's words which I had no problem discrediting last year are coming back to haunt when I think about how Shannon's story played out this year. And, I think it is very weird that Shannon buddies with Tamra knowing that Tamra said that about her last year - as well as all of the other stuff that Tamra did to her last year. 

ETA: I think this is a testament just how good Tamra is at not only manipulation but planting little seeds of doubt that will stay with not just the women on the show, but also the audience. 

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 4

I show myself out.

According to Heather though, the other women at the luncheon brought up Shannon's marital woes and Heather was the one who tried to shut it down.   Heather, Tamra et al., claim people in their small town, (Orange County population 3 million++)  were talking about the Beadors.  So Shannon basically got ahead of the rumors by telling Tamra???  No she was setting the stage in case David split.   The tawdry part was Tamra taking inside info (David leaving) and immediately telling Heather and then Heather at the luncheon revealing the e-mail.   I don't think Shannon was in a position at that time to deal with the consequences of  revealing the contents of the e-mail nor for it to come back a day later through David.  Of course Tamra lying did not help.  So I think Shannon misstates her case-her bitch with Vicki and Tamra was she wanted to be the one to deliver the news.  At least with Shannon delivering the news as she did with Vicki, in Tahiti, they are her words and feelings about her marriage.  With Vicki as with Tamra they both lie through their teeth about keeping things confidential. 

I think all these folks are phony by nature because for the most part they are fighting to quash the negative and accentuate the positive and it goes against the nature of the show.  Only Heather and Terry succeeded this year but they are selling on a NBC home shopping channel and have two shows on another NBC affiliate.   I think there is a certain self- deprecation about Shannon (see any gym work out scenes) that makes her relatable.  She doesn't do the fake boobs or the tummy tuck or liposuction she just shows it like it is.  That is why I think people find her authentic, that and every time she tries the prim and proper route, her family seems  to have other ideas.  I have to say I thought the colonic/enema was in poor taste and seemed very theatrica and phonyl. 

• Love 3