Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Season 6 Finale Special - Check Up With Dr Drew, Part 2

• Start Topic

The whole time he was trying to defend himself and was snapping, and huffing and puffing and rolling his eyes and stating how he's going to get custody. Settle down there Roid Boy and take several seats.  I suspect us watching you "get custody" of Aubree isn't gonna happen in this lifetime.  Love how the mohawk makes the huge scar on Adam's forehead so visible under the stage lights.  A glaring reminder of his "past" and how he almost killed himself and an old couple while he insists what a changed man he is. Way to go there superstar

His mohawk reminds me of a vagina.

I love how he has taken a page out of the "Jenelle Evans book of parenting"..."I'm a good parent because I put 1,700 pictures on Instagram per every 30 minutes I spend with my child to make it appear as though I am parenting".

• Love 3

Barb does have her web series. Maybe they can bring on a special guest for each webcast? Oh my god, that would be heaven! I'd love to hear all the details. A pure gabfest!  This would be like The People's Couch on Bravo.

• Love 1

Barb does have her web series. Maybe they can bring on a special guest for each webcast? Oh my god, that would be heaven! I'd love to hear all the details. A pure gabfest!  This would be like The People's Couch on Bravo.

EXACTLY! And maybe a lucky PTV Poster or 2

• Love 2

Don't forget, there was another guy before Jermy.  His name was Dusty Haas.

Didn't Dusty have an arrest record?

Also there was the race car driver Tyler Blankenship. Not to be confused with Corey TYYYYLER, or Dusty who also was a racer, as well as a pipeliner (not to be confused with pipeliner Jeremy).

*reaches for the Tylenol and lies down*

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 3
*reaches for the Tylenol and lies down*

Ooooh, do you have migraines? Narcolepsy? Maybe your old c-section scar is getting to you? I'm sure those Tylenol won't really help. Better get some Percocet and let Gracie burn the canned ravioli tonight. 

• Love 8

Another season has passed. What the hell have we learned?

Leah gets to use a safe word to keep from answering the hard-core questions about her behavior while Adam doesn't get to use a safe word. If he had, it would have likely been "beer" or "gym".

Jenelle wants Nathan in her lap or else.

Jo gets hit hard about going to school while Leah can lay in bed and cause her kids to be late for school.

Cory has to have a mental issue in order to get sympathy from Dr. Douchebag.

Monkeys are wondering where their MTV paychecks are.

• Love 13

The biggest tip-off to me about Leah's "mental health" treatment was she said she is now going to "intensive outpatient treatment."  That is absolutely standard for people after they go through inpatient substance abuse treatment.

The levels of treatment, from most intensive to least are:

1. inpatient - usually 28 days, sometimes longer

2. intensive outpatient - 3x per week, - group and individual sessions

3. outpatient level - group 1x per week, plus individual sessions, 2 per month, or more if needed.

Its probable that Leah has a dual diagnosis - so substance abuse plus mental health issues . I don't know if she went to a true co-occurring disorder clinic for the inpatient treatment though. She is obviously choosing to publicly admit the mental health side and downplay the substance abuse. It wouldn't surprise me if her attorney advised her to do so, given the fact that custody could always be up for re-negotiation.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 6
I just watched Part 2 of the reunion and noticed Adam is ready to explode the entire time.  He just seems so defensive and hostile while Chelsea just sits there and is clearly so over it and over him.  I'm glad she has finally realized how truly awful Adam was to her. She's so over him that you don't even see any hate for him coming from her, girlfriend is just completely indifferent to the piece of crap on the couch next to her.  Doesn't care and doesn't get mad, just calmly corrects him when he lies and points out his half truths.

Only because she finally found another dick. Before that, she was still hooking up with Adam from time to time.

Chelsea is such a mental midget that Dr. Drew had to spend half her segment asking her about her pet pig.

She can't engage on any adult topic without her father there feeding her lines.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 4
I wonder when is this show going to end? When the kids are 10,16? I think for their sake the cameras should be gone. I'm sure their peers parents have a lot to say about their mothers and fathers

I agree. As much as I love snarking on this trainwreck, it's getting to the point where it's not cool for the kids anymore. They're not just cute little toddlers. They're getting older and some are having real issues that probably don't need to be seen by all of America. Sadly, some of their peers may already be watching this show, and it has the potential to get quite embarrassing for them. 

• Love 6

I wonder when is this show going to end? When the kids are 10,16? I think for their sake the cameras should be gone. I'm sure their peers parents have a lot to say about their mothers and fathers

I always thought the kids would get there own spin off when they become teenagers or young adults

• Love 1

Only because she finally found another dick. Before that, she was still hooking up with Adam from time to time.

Chelsea is such a mental midget that Dr. Drew had to spend half her segment asking her about her pet pig.

She can't engage on any adult topic without her father there feeding her lines.

Haha, mental midget. I think Chelsea is a sweet girl, but her reliance on her father for guidance on all aspects of her life at her age is a little troubling. I mean, Randy gives great advice and I don't expect her to have it all figured out by 23, but it seems she just turns to him first without even trying to figure it out for herself.

Hopefully Aubrey has a little more confidence in herself because Randy is not going to be around forever.

• Love 6

I ‘m torn about whether or not the show should end. The kids are old enough where they’re going to start to be embarrassed and for some things a little privacy is long past due. On the other hand, I feel like Addie, the girlses, and Kaiser are safest when the camera crews are around. If Leah and Jenelle think their behavior is acceptable for television, I shudder to think what they act like when they aren’t being filmed. I think Isaac, Lincoln, and Aubree (as long as she never gets in a vehicle with Adumb driving) will all be okay. Jace is in the middle of a nightmare, but as long as he’s with Barb he’ll be physically safe and loved.

I finally re-watched the second part of the reunion. Chelsea looked great and her body language really says that she’s over Adumb. She’s finally seen through his behavior and I thought she held her own against him. Adumb is an idiot who is trying to use his kids and the show to promote himself. When I look at him, all I can think is that roids shrink the jewels like sun dried tomatoes.

Someone should tell Leah that possums don’t look good in yellow. She could have used some support in that dress. I bet Delta Dawn is furious Barb and Randy got stage time and she didn’t. I hope so.

The kids were cute but as usual the girlses and Addie looked like unmade beds. Maybe Leah should train her monkey to comb their hair.

Looking forward to the Unseen Moments tonight!

Edited by Abmis
  • Love 6

Ha, Chelsea does call Randalicious for everything. I remember when Aubree locked herself in her room before school and Chelsea became hysterical and immediately called her dad, without even trying to jimmy it herself first. I think the girl just lacks confidence. Badly. That's part of the reason she was so attached to Adumb, not matter how badly he treated her. I could never figure it out, because she seemed to have very loving and supportive parents. It really brings you back to the whole nature vs. nurture debate - maybe it was just something she was born with? But I do wonder WHEN her parents divorced, how old she was, and how it went down. That can often really rock a child's world and lead to self esteem issues. Whatever the cause, she has little faith in herself and it's very sad. Although, I'm hoping after she passed her exam and got her license and has been working a real job, that's helped some in that department. 

I bet Delta Dawn is furious Barb and Randy got stage time and she didn’t. I hope so.

Has Dawn ever been invited to the stage? That's interesting, because she's probably just as involved in her daughter's life as Randy is with Chelsea. He gets brought out nearly every time. Wah wah, poor Dawn. 

Thanks for the reminder about the Unseen Moments, I would not have known!

• Love 5

Oops, I put this in the wrong thread earlier.

I can't seem to find if anyone has mentioned this yet (and because I am mentally five years old.. I have to..) but... in the infamous Monkey clip.. it sounds like someone blows a big fart right after Leah thanks the audience person for saying "Monkey.". It's at about 0:58 in this clip:

Am I imagining things?

Oops, I put this in the wrong thread earlier.

I can't seem to find if anyone has mentioned this yet (and because I am mentally five years old.. I have to..) but... in the infamous Monkey clip.. it sounds like someone blows a big fart right after Leah thanks the audience person for saying "Monkey.". It's at about 0:58 in this clip:

Am I imagining things?

I think it's Cory saying, "Huh?" but I'd like it better if it was Leah or Drew letting one rip.

• Love 3

Yikes. Teen Mom, The Next Generation!

Barring the occasional ironic scold from Dr. Panda, the show has all but abandoned its supposed mission of discouraging teen pregnancy. I'd bet that MTV (or whatever it renames itself) won't see anything wrong in a dozen years with giving a show to any of these poor kids who grow up to be teen parents themselves. Anyone heard of this British bunch?

youngest_grandfather_ever_09.jpg

Someone should tell Leah that possums don’t look good in yellow. She could have used some support in that dress.

She was trying to dress like a banana to go with all the monkeys.

• Love 2

Ha, Chelsea does call Randalicious for everything. I remember when Aubree locked herself in her room before school and Chelsea became hysterical and immediately called her dad, without even trying to jimmy it herself first. I think the girl just lacks confidence. Badly.

On top of lacking self-confidence, Chelsea has been spoiled and coddled her entire life by Randalicious, Lois Griffin, and her gaggle of older sisters. Hell, all that coddling is probably why she lacks confidence; she's never really had to take care of herself or Aubree without outside help. She seems to be slowly growing out of it, though I suspect she will always feel the need to have someone in her life to give her a guiding hand, I'm just glad she gave up on Adam finally.

Yup, have read about the youngest British grandparents. They all appear to be a "special" bunch.

• Love 5

WRT the pic above: Oh my! One would think that hairstyle that young man is sporting would serve as birth control.  However on earth did he entice someone to sleep with him? 

I have to say, while I really don't think the show should gone on any longer for these girls, I do think I'd be quite interested in seeing an update/where are they now type show in 10 years.  Heck, even a yearly update would be good, providing they don't earn these exorbitant sums of money these kids are making.  It can't be said enough: it's just not realistic. 

• Love 7

Barring the occasional ironic scold from Dr. Panda, the show has all but abandoned its supposed mission of discouraging teen pregnancy. I'd bet that MTV (or whatever it renames itself) won't see anything wrong in a dozen years with giving a show to any of these poor kids who grow up to be teen parents themselves. Anyone heard of this British bunch?

She was trying to dress like a banana to go with all the monkeys.

Mum and dad look like brother and sister. The DNA has to be shared among the four of them. 

ETA: Grandad's name is Shem. LMAO. Reminds me of Shemp from the Three Stooges.  

Dad's hair doesn't look like that in these photos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020801/Britains-youngest-grandparents-Shem-Davies-granddad-29-Kelly-John-granny-30.html

Edited by GreatKazu

This will sound horrible, but I've always thought that Lois seemed as if she might have a slightly low IQ. Not low enough to be considered intellectually disabled (the modern term for mentally retarded, which requires an IQ of 70 or lower, plus some additional criteria), but just in the lower range of normal.

I don't mean that as a criticism- that is just my honest opinion of her. I also feel that Chelsea has a bit of that as well, plus being babied by her family. Its also not so clear-cut in terms of cause-and-effect - let's say Chelsea is just a bit slower, over time her family members may have become more directive of her in response to that. So her being "babied" isn't just because they decided to baby her, but rather it was in response to her personality and their efforts to help her. Its probably a mixture of the two though.

• Love 3

Mum and dad look like brother and sister. The DNA has to be shared among the four of them. 

ETA: Grandad's name is Shem. LMAO. Reminds me of Shemp from the Three Stooges.  

Shem was one of the sons of Noah; all humans since the Flood according to that account are descended from Noah and his wife. Yep, shared DNA. ;)

WRT the pic above: Oh my! One would think that hairstyle that young man is sporting would serve as birth control.  However on earth did he entice someone to sleep with him?

I'm going to guess small town, remote location, not a lot of selection.

• Love 2

I'm surprised no one has tagged or graffitied the forehead (5-head) on that girl. Poor kid. By the looks of her parents she just never had a chance. I'm doubly sorry for the child.

Now I want a very special Barb Breaks it Down, featuring a round table discussion with Corey, Miranda, Randilicious, Hot Dad Jeff, Jeremy, Jo and Vee. They could shoot the shit and give their sides of the story, with Barb serving as moderator and the boxed wine flowing freely while they all chill poolside. I can only dream of the juicy tidbits that would come out of it.

Agreed. Maybe we should email MTV and see if they will make it happen. In fact, I think Barb should host the reunion shows from now on, and not unDr. Drew. She has no problem asking the hard hitting questions and I would love seeing her tell Jenelle and Nathan they're both "high, high...ya's both high." on that couch, because they were. I could almost guarantee that's why Jenelle disappeared for that supposed 10 minutes after she stormed offstage. 

• Love 4

Someone mentioned the risks of Leah bringing strange guys into the house who might abuse the girls and how Leah doesn't even think of that.  Unfortunately, there's a far far greater chance that Ali is going to be sexually assaulted than not.  It's more a matter of when, not if, because about 83% of women with disabilities are sexually assaulted at some point in their lives.  Not that Leah even has the brain power to process her daughter's disability as anything more than her struggling to get around.

• Love 6

Another season has passed. What the hell have we learned?

Leah gets to use a safe word to keep from answering the hard-core questions about her behavior while Adam doesn't get to use a safe word. If he had, it would have likely been "beer" or "gym".

Jenelle wants Nathan in her lap or else.

Jo gets hit hard about going to school while Leah can lay in bed and cause her kids to be late for school.

Cory has to have a mental issue in order to get sympathy from Dr. Douchebag.

Monkeys are wondering where their MTV paychecks are.

This is the best season summary ever.

Someone mentioned the risks of Leah bringing strange guys into the house who might abuse the girls and how Leah doesn't even think of that. Unfortunately, there's a far far greater chance that Ali is going to be sexually assaulted than not. It's more a matter of when, not if, because about 83% of women with disabilities are sexually assaulted at some point in their lives. Not that Leah even has the brain power to process her daughter's disability as anything more than her struggling to get around.

I hadn't even thought about that but absolutely - you are (unfortunately) so right. I have an extended family member who uses a wheelchair. She lives alone hours from any family members. While she has a helper who comes by a few times a week and service dog, her sister and family worry non-stop about this happening to her. Until my other cousin (this cousin's sister) told me about how prevalent sexual assault is on handicapped women, I had no idea how scarily common it was. Cousin's sister worries that if it did happen, my cousin who uses a chair wouldn't report it or tell anyone because she'd be afraid the family would come get her and she'd lose the independence and life she's made for herself there (and a job she loves where she lives). My guess is Leah has no idea how prevalent this is either. She probably hasn't thought about it happening to any of her girls period, let alone that Ali is more at risk. I hope this never happens to Ali or any of Leah's girls. And I hope that someone (one of these therapists from "intense therapy" Leah went to or whatever) brings this to Leah's attention & that she won't bring just anyone around the girls. Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 3

Watching the last 20 mins or so. Caught Jenelle in the middle of a sentence saying something about how she's grateful that Barb has Jace because if she hadn't signed over custody he'd probably be in foster care. Smartest thing she's said all season, I think.

• Love 1

Oh my. We've got a clip of Leah damn near dozing off while driving with the girlses in the back, eyes fluttering and everything. She claims she had a migraine and "could barely keep her eyes open" - direct quote. Homegirl should NOT have been driving. I'm afraid for her girlses when Leah is behind the wheel. One of these days she is gonna nod off and get into an accident.

Oh, and Jenelle called the hypothalamus the hypotenuse....granted she corrected herself, but still got the definition of hypotenuse wrong. She said it's a science term but it's really a math term. Geometry, if I remember right. Her half-assed definition for "hypotenuse" was actually what a "hypothesis" is - which is still not the hypothalamus. She also acknowledged that "electronical" is not a real word. Apparently "dramastically" still is. The schools must not be well in the Carolinas either.

Edited by fliptopbox
  • Love 7

Jenelle is overwhelmed with laundry. "Kaiser's clothes and Jace's clothes and my clothes, omg!" Sure Jenelle. Now I see why you simply must have a nanny. Someone has to press and steam all of Jace's Village People outfits stored at your house.

Poor Isaac. Buy a whiffle ball set so they both can play, Kail. It could've been a lot worse.

• Love 4

I found the laundry comment coming from Janelle funny too.... especially since she mentioned Jace's laundry.  I was like, and when would you be doing his laundry given he doesn't even live with you???  I am sure Leah was thinking the same thing given it was her laundry story that started the whole thing.  Not to excuse Leah, as she clearly has never liked doing the laundry, but she does have 3 kids living in her house.

• Love 2

Jenelle is overwhelmed with laundry. "Kaiser's clothes and Jace's clothes and my clothes, omg!" Sure Jenelle. Now I see why you simply must have a nanny. Someone has to press and steam all of Jace's Village People outfits stored at your house.

Poor Isaac. Buy a whiffle ball set so they both can play, Kail. It could've been a lot worse.

It does kind of explain why Nips is half naked all the time...there's just so much laundry to do! My sleeves must still be in the dryer!

• Love 4

Ok, I know this is Jenelle we are talking about, who's baffled by the amount of time and work in both raising a child and working (but if I have a full time job and a baby-when will I have time for myself?), but I never understand people who complain that they can't keep up with laundry. And this is coming from someone with 2 kids- one who is 8 weeks old and spits up and/or shits through his diaper on a daily basis, and one who is 4 and not only regularly plays in dirt but also has not the greatest wiping skills- not to mention a husband who works outdoors and regularly comes home with filthy clothes. Laundry is like, the easiest household chore to do. Unless you're Dweezil Zappa, or some other Go Green hippie, the damn washer and dryer do all the work! And if you're too busy to fold and put away, well your clothes are still clean, albeit wrinkled.

But I guess in Jenelle's world, all the little people should handle the monotonous tasks of adulthood while she twitters away. She's going to be such a mess by 30 when the mtv checks stop coming.

• Love 2

Finally watched Sad Panda's Reunion, part 2. Something that just pissed the hell out me (besides the whole "monkey" ridiculousness), was Leah being proclaimed Mother of the Year by Panda for NOT putting Gracie Aleeeeeah on meds for ADHD. First, Dr. Quack, why on earth is blond twin only ADHD at Leah's, and as a long time teacher, I can tell you that I have seen children helped tremendously with proper diagnosis and medication for attention deficit problems. Yes, many children are incorrectly diagnosed and over medicated, but there are times when it is the right thing to do.

• Love 5

Ok, I know this is Jenelle we are talking about, who's baffled by the amount of time and work in both raising a child and working (but if I have a full time job and a baby-when will I have time for myself?), but I never understand people who complain that they can't keep up with laundry. And this is coming from someone with 2 kids- one who is 8 weeks old and spits up and/or shits through his diaper on a daily basis, and one who is 4 and not only regularly plays in dirt but also has not the greatest wiping skills- not to mention a husband who works outdoors and regularly comes home with filthy clothes. Laundry is like, the easiest household chore to do. Unless you're Dweezil Zappa, or some other Go Green hippie, the damn washer and dryer do all the work! And if you're too busy to fold and put away, well your clothes are still clean, albeit wrinkled.

But I guess in Jenelle's world, all the little people should handle the monotonous tasks of adulthood while she twitters away. She's going to be such a mess by 30 when the mtv checks stop coming.

Speaking of laundry, I have some loads I need get to. Thanks for reminding me.  I don't understand the attitude that washing is some chore that requires these girls to have to do it by hand. They aren't living in the 1800s. I suppose separating clothes and having to throw them in the dryer and then folding them is just too much work.

True. Except, I think what was going on there is, Kail was having Isaac practice his baseball swings because soccer season was over and she put him in baseball. Can you imagine how she will be at his games? Lord!

Finally watched Sad Panda's Reunion, part 2. Something that just pissed the hell out me (besides the whole "monkey" ridiculousness), was Leah being proclaimed Mother of the Year by Panda for NOT putting Gracie Aleeeeeah on meds for ADHD. First, Dr. Quack, why on earth is blond twin only ADHD at Leah's, and as a long time teacher, I can tell you that I have seen children helped tremendously with proper diagnosis and medication for attention deficit problems. Yes, many children are incorrectly diagnosed and over medicated, but there are times when it is the right thing to do.

This.^^^ If they think Gracie may have ADHD, they need to take her to a doctor/professional and have her assessed to see if she has it. Untreated ADHD (particularly in girls) can lead to all sorts of problems:

"Girls with untreated ADHD are at risk for chronic low self-esteem, underachievement, anxiety, depression, teen pregnancy, early smoking during middle school and high school.....As adults, they're at risk for 'divorce, financial crises, single-parenting a child with ADHD, never completing college, underemployment, substance abuse, eating disorders...."

http://www.apa.org/monitor/feb03/adhd.aspx

So Leah's failure to treat it could be detrimental to Gracie in the long run IF Gracie does have ADHD. And honestly, if Leah can't get Ali to physical therapy a few times a week, I have doubts she'd be able to effectively and consistently use non-pharmaceutical measures to help Gracie's ADHD (again, IF she has it). Leah, just talk to the pediatrician about it next time you're there if you're concerned she may have it.

• Love 1

"Girls with untreated ADHD are at risk for chronic low self-esteem, underachievement, anxiety, depression, teen pregnancy, early smoking during middle school and high school.....As adults, they're at risk for 'divorce, financial crises, single-parenting a child with ADHD, never completing college, underemployment, substance abuse, eating disorders...."

You just described Leah maybe rehab did teach her she had ADHD *cough* or maybe she is just the result of Delta's crap parenting. I personally am going with the latter as Gracie seems a different child away from the Messer crew and we have all seen how much an enabler Dawn is to the possum princess. At least Gracie seems to have a bit of stability from the Simms so hoping that outweighs the Messers.

Co-sign to there being no way Leah would offer consistency enough to guide Gracie towards behavioral changes if she does have ADHD. It must not be really worrying her since she made the allegations 4 months ago if she followed up she would have shouted form the rooftops on how she was great mother looking out for her child. Gracie is the victim in this, Leah gets to throw her hands in the air and claim the hellion behavior is not her fault due to ADHD, all while Gracie gets labeled as the problem.

• Love 5

I have a child with ADD. I co-sign that Leah would in no way be able to handle the work that comes with dealing with a child with ADD. It takes time, patience, understanding, and guidance from someone who specializes in ADD to help with such a situation. Our child wasn't put on medication right away. It took over a year before it was decided by the doctor and us that the medicine would be needed.  I don't speak for everyone, but that is how my spouse and I dealt with our child growing up. Our child prospered and we are happy that our hard work paid off.  

First, for Leah to throw out there that Gracie may have ADD was all kinds of wrong simply because it was used as a deflection which is so typical of Leah. If only Leah were just as quick to blurt out she has an addiction. Second, a child who behaves a certain way or seems out of control, does not mean they have ADD. Third, not all kids with ADD need medication, as she seemed to insinuate when she mentioned not wanting her child on medication. Fourth, medication is not bad when properly used for the proper reasons. Leah spoke as if it is the worst thing in the world if Gracie needed meds. Medication is not evil nor is having one's child be put on medication a bad thing. Ingesting it for the wrong reasons is the problem, as we have watched what it has done to Leah. Strange, Leah can take all kinds of meds yet, if her daughter needed meds, she is willing to not have her be prescribed what could be necessary for her to focus and her overall well-being. Lastly, the brain is an organ, and some people may need medication for it. If Ali needed medication for her muscular issues, you can bet Leah would be on that quick! But, if Gracie has ADD, Leah would possibly deny her child any medication that would help her?  I am always stunned at how people, like Leah, forget that the brain is an organ and it may need medication. No different than the diabetic who needs insulin because their pancreas is not working properly or the person who has a heart problem and needs heart medication. 

With all of that said, I don't believe Gracie has ADD. That child, for all the snark that was thrown her way by me, clearly is a child who is in need of structure, proper discipline, a proper diet, and to have a stable home. She also needs a mother to come clean about her addiction and her own mental issues.

I just tuned in to watch Dr. Drew's show to see what he had to say about Lamar Odom. He asked someone a question about the show Keeping up with the Kardashians because as he said he "never watched the show." I wish he would say the same thing about this show.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 8

What a mess. Leah is so sad. I can't hate on Drew for not confronting her about the substance use, because that's really not a therapist's job. You can't force someone to grapple with something s/he isn't ready to deal with but you can help to create a safe situation where negative behaviors are managed. Kind of like a harm-reduction approach. I do wish that Corey would've just spoken his mind, "monkey" or not. How stupid. I get MTV wanting to CYA with the safe-word for liability reasons, but jeez. I wonder if at any point he let it rip on her and it was cut.  If not, he showed some nice restraint.

My stepkids' mom is a hot-mess, much like Leah. She isn't into drugs or alcohol, but she's got serious MH challenges that aren't being treated. We have primary custody and try to provide the structure and discipline they require (both have special needs), and every single time the kids get into a nice rhythm and routine at our house, they go back to her for a little bit and return completely out of control, filthy, and exhausted. Court hasn't done a damned thing. It's so frustrating. So I feel Miranda's pain, and would love to CP Leah.

That's all. Oh, and Adam is gross.

I have sympathy for Gracie, because from what we've seen and also when Miranda told them about the new baby, Leah's issues have already pushed her into the role of caretaker at the age of five! Poor girl.

Great Kazu - Great comments on ADHD. Thanks for your insight.

• Love 4

What a mess. Leah is so sad. I can't hate on Drew for not confronting her about the substance use, because that's really not a therapist's job.

Dr. Douchebag is not there as a therapist. He is there as a host, nothing more.

• Love 1

What a mess. Leah is so sad. I can't hate on Drew for not confronting her about the substance use, because that's really not a therapist's job. You can't force someone to grapple with something s/he isn't ready to deal with but you can help to create a safe situation where negative behaviors are managed. Kind of like a harm-reduction approach. I do wish that Corey would've just spoken his mind, "monkey" or not. How stupid. I get MTV wanting to CYA with the safe-word for liability reasons, but jeez. I wonder if at any point he let it rip on her and it was cut. If not, he showed some nice restraint.

My stepkids' mom is a hot-mess, much like Leah. She isn't into drugs or alcohol, but she's got serious MH challenges that aren't being treated. We have primary custody and try to provide the structure and discipline they require (both have special needs), and every single time the kids get into a nice rhythm and routine at our house, they go back to her for a little bit and return completely out of control, filthy, and exhausted. Court hasn't done a damned thing. It's so frustrating. So I feel Miranda's pain, and would love to CP Leah.

That's all. Oh, and Adam is gross.

I know I wish Corey would have kept talking with his side of the story, if Leah didn't feel up to saying her side that's her problem... But I think part of the whole monkey deal was that whatever triggered it, all conversation would stop and the subject would be changed.

If Gracie truly has add/adhd, and needed to be medicated I don't think Leah could handle it because that adds a whole load of dr visits. I used to work for a pediatrician, and the add visits were some of the more complicated, the weight and blood pressures have to be well followed, at my particular office they would have to come in for nurse visits just to check the height/weight/ vitals, and the doctor would not write scripts if they didn't comply, the scripts were on paper because they were controlled substances and so the parent had to physically come show Id to pick up...I know all doctors probably don't monitor that closely... But my point is that Leah barely gets them where they need to be now so I highly doubt she would be able to handle that regimine.

• Love 2
The fact that a young guy was drinking at bars, driving while drunk, acting the fool, etc does not make him an alcoholic.  He was certainly abusing alcohol and may still be, but Drew needs to be more careful diagnosing someone that is not his patient.  He might very well be an alcoholic, but he might not be. Only a professional with a doctor/patient relationship should make that determination.

I think Adam was nasty and unprofessional because he is constantly met with hostility even when he claims to be trying to change his ways.  He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.  As Randy said, it is too soon to see if Adam is able to turn it around, but it's not too soon to give him encouragement.  Let go how he was 6 years ago. Wait and see and hope for the best.

I agree with this. Sometimes teenagers/young adults make early mistakes, including drinking and breaking the law, and eventually grow up to be responsible parents. For Aubree's sake I hope that's what happens.

Dr. Drew really pissed me off in the interview with Chelsea. He played along with the "Cole is Aubree's New Daddy" narrative, even though as a psychologist (or whatever) he knows how unhealthy it is for a child to be encouraged down that path. Both on getting attached to someone who might well disappear forever, and also of denigrating the biological father and trying to get her attached to a "replacement."

When he asked Chelsea about Aubree's feelings, he took the questions straight from the parental alienation/coaching scene from the show - the one where Chelsea interrogated Aubree and asked her a bunch of leading "yes or no" questions to get the answers that she wanted. ("Do you wish your Dad was more like Cole?" etc.)

• Love 4