Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Season 6 Finale Special - Check Up With Dr Drew, Part 2

• Start Topic

Plus, he lost me for good when he told Barb that wasn't fair. It has been 6 years Dr. Idiot, and Barb has raised him. Janelle only wants him back when someone asks about him. Why not call jenelle out on that?

The double standards were so glaring with Drew that is was embarrassing. 

• Love 8

The fact that a young guy was drinking at bars, driving while drunk, acting the fool, etc does not make him an alcoholic.  He was certainly abusing alcohol and may still be, but Drew needs to be more careful diagnosing someone that is not his patient.  He might very well be an alcoholic, but he might not be. Only a professional with a doctor/patient relationship should make that determination.

I think Adam was nasty and unprofessional because he is constantly met with hostility even when he claims to be trying to change his ways.  He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.  As Randy said, it is too soon to see if Adam is able to turn it around, but it's not too soon to give him encouragement.  Let go how he was 6 years ago. Wait and see and hope for the best. 

That would seem fair to me except that it wasn't just how he was six years ago - it's how he's been for six years.    He's been saying he's changing his ways for years too. But for Aubree's sake, I hope one day he really does and it sticks.

I guess I don't know the difference between an alcoholic and someone that abuses alcohol but I don't think it matters much to a judge. And either way, it's good he quit drinking before he killed someone.  

• Love 6

I might be in the minority, but with all that redneck talk, I didn't get the message that Cory cheated. Was it explicitly said by him that he cheated?

Miranda said that Leah did not respect her marriage, and when Drew asked what Leah did that was disrespectful, Leah piped up that some stuff happened that shouldn't have happened and that Leah had apologized to Miranda. Pretty vague, but in the context of disrespecting marriages and plus all the rumors, I think all parties were acknowledging that some cheating occurred.

And I think Drew also said Miranda and Leah overlapped in the beginning, or something to that effect.

I think Corey DID cheat with Leah, possibly multiple times. I'd ignore this latest cheating accusation except The Ashley is insisting it's true, and she has pretty high standards when it comes to reporting gossip.

I would like to think better of Corey, but he does seem to have a weakness for Leah. Hopefully that is one itch that no longer needs to be scratched.

• Love 8
The fact that a young guy was drinking at bars, driving while drunk, acting the fool, etc does not make him an alcoholic.  He was certainly abusing alcohol and may still be, but Drew needs to be more careful diagnosing someone that is not his patient.  He might very well be an alcoholic, but he might not be. Only a professional with a doctor/patient relationship should make that determination.

I think the idea is that if alcohol or other substances causes problems in your life, and you can't quit, or monitor your behaviors, then you have a problem with alcohol.  With the numbers of alcohol related incidences and arrests where Adam is concerned, indicates that Adam does have a problem with alcohol. 

• Love 12

What really bothered me about Dr. Drew was that he never brought up any of the bad stuff with Leah like how many times her kids missed or were late for school, dinner and baths at midnight, and that car! Plus, he lost me for good when he told Barb that wasn't fair. It has been 6 years Dr. Idiot, and Barb has raised him. Janelle only wants him back when someone asks about him. Why not call jenelle out on that?

ITA, and I think it's pretty clear, as a lot here have surmised, that Dr. Drew doesn't watch the episodes. He just conducts these interviews on clips and talking points given to him by producers.

I also agree about the Jenelle/Barb segment. That infuriated me. Again, if he had watched the episodes, he'd know that Jenelle only cares about her relationships, and cares not one iota about either kid. All of her drama centered around Nathan, Kaiser is hardly in the picture, and she only pretended to fight for custody of Jace because of public pressure, and as a F U move against Barb. Whereas Barb is there each and every day raising and providing for Jace, as she has for five or six years. Yet Dr. Drew claims this is "unfair" to point out, and then allows Jenelle to criticize and degrade Barb for her "lowly" job at Walmart. The job that keeps a roof over Jace's head, and food on his table. While Janelle is free to spend her days chasing after guys, texting, tweeting, and partying. Good job, Doctor.

• Love 14

I think Leah said "eat stuff they're not supposed to". I thought she meant candy or an allergy or something, and I don't think she was actually saying she believed them. I thought she was trying to say that kids really do lie about stuff all the time. Which they do. My nephew tried to tell me his parents left him alone at home with the dog and the dog locked him out of the house and he had to sleep outside for a week. None of this happened. He's 4. He makes stuff up sometimes.

OMG. I so needed this laugh. Thank you and your nephew!

That would seem fair to me except that it wasn't just how he was six years ago - it's how he's been for six years.    He's been saying he's changing his ways for years too. But for Aubree's sake, I hope one day he really does and it sticks.

I guess I don't know the difference between an alcoholic and someone that abuses alcohol but I don't think it matters much to a judge. And either way, it's good he quit drinking before he killed someone.  

I think it's only been a very short while that Adam is seriously trying to change.  He needs to be given a chance.  Unlike Leah who won't even admit to drug abuse, even with witnesses and film of her being high, or Jenelle who blames everyone else for her legal woes, drug use, etc... 

With regard to alcohol, I wasn't thinking about trouble with the law, I was thinking more about what constitutes an alcoholic.  Someone can abuse alcohol for a short time, either a really difficult point in their life, or being young and stupid, and then walk away from it.  An alcoholic will have a life long struggle and will never be able to handle alcohol.  Drew looked stupid asking Adam and Chelsea 2 questions and then announcing his diagnoses for them. 

• Love 2

Leah is just so pathetic, those poor girlses don't stand a chance with a mother like her. Its obvious to me that Leah will never change and will continue to drag the girlses down with her. Im sure she loves them, but she also sees them as "hers" and is not thinking of what's best for them. Miranda is beautiful and its obvious that she loves the girls and is trying to be there for them since Leah is not doing her job at the moment. I pray that the girlses aren't molested by the men that Leah exposes them to, but at the rate she's going it seems like its just a matter of time until she brings a prevert around them.Dr. douche is an Iidiot, the only mental issue Leah had is her addiction to dick.

• Love 8

I think it's only been a very short while that Adam is seriously trying to change.  He needs to be given a chance.  Unlike Leah who won't even admit to drug abuse, even with witnesses and film of her being high, or Jenelle who blames everyone else for her legal woes, drug use, etc... 

With regard to alcohol, I wasn't thinking about trouble with the law, I was thinking more about what constitutes an alcoholic.  Someone can abuse alcohol for a short time, either a really difficult point in their life, or being young and stupid, and then walk away from it.  An alcoholic will have a life long struggle and will never be able to handle alcohol.  Drew looked stupid asking Adam and Chelsea 2 questions and then announcing his diagnoses for them. 

What constitutes addiction are the consequences in the person's life and it's hard to make an argument in Adam's favor when you see the big, thick book that is his arrest record and it's mostly alcohol related arrests. I saw him making a ton of excuses and even trying to equate his unhealthy relationship to alcohol to Chelsea having a couple of beers at her house. It was classic addict behavior. The first step is admitting you have a problem not putting on a giant cross and whining that you changed on TV.

Leah did it too and it was most obvious when she started crying and saying that everyone was ganging up on her and that her kids "would see all this and judge her someday". I'm sure they won't have to see this footage to know that she is very troubled and only wants to run from her problems and blame others. They will be living it.

Whenever you guys talk about Leah's town being the holler it always reminds of that show The Heart She Holler. Amy Sedaris does a perfect Leah at 40 impression.

Is this shit show over yet?

Edited by Soobs
  • Love 8

All of this. Adumb and that big, chunky giant cross displayed on his chest, Nips proclaiming "I'm a Christian!". Those two assholes should open a 24/7 Christian gym. They can call it "Metime" and send the original poster a finder's fee for that brilliant idea.

Hahahaha! I think this is my favorite post in the year plus I've been reading on the Previously TV forum! Brilliant post and brilliant business plan for Adam & Nathan. They may want to include a childcare center at their gym for when Nathan can't catch up to Jenelle on the highway to throw Kaiser into her car & speed away.....or when Adam's parents have something to do the weekend he has Aubree.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 9

I think the idea is that if alcohol or other substances causes problems in your life, and you can't quit, or monitor your behaviors, then you have a problem with alcohol. With the numbers of alcohol related incidences and arrests where Adam is concerned, indicates that Adam does have a problem with alcohol.

I'm pretty convinced he has a problem with alcohol as well. Aside from his arrest record that's littered with alcohol-related offenses, the fact that when called on his problem he responds with "Like Chelsea doesn't ever have a drink?!!!" is pretty telling to me. Unfortunately I have several alcoholics in my family. Whenever called on it, they will say things like "How dare you say I'm an alcoholic! You had a glass of wine with dinner last night!" or "Oh, I'm an alcoholic but you got totally trashed at the New Year's Eve party last year. So if I'm an alcoholic so are you" etc. It's all about deflecting blame and a lame attempt at gas lighting.

So....who else was shocked that Leah knew what "narcolepsy" is and how to pronounce it?

(Raising my hand.)

And what do Kail and Jenelle talk about since they text all of the time? One would think since Kail harbors so much disdain for the way her mother picked boyfriends over her and is an addict that she wouldn't be able to stand Jenelle. Interesting.

I guess we found out none of them really have anything to do with Leah. Wait..."Monkey!" Leah may not be comfortable talking about how none of her costars really talk to her anymore.

• Love 12

Also....

Dear Leah,

When you are under 25 years old and find yourself saying "the other father isn't like this" or making comparisons about how your babies' fathers do or do not call you out on your alleged drug problem & bringing strange men into your bed around the girls (all on national television), you may want to rethink your life.

K thanks.

• Love 19

I might be in the minority, but with all that redneck talk, I didn't get the message that Cory cheated. Was it explicitly said by him that he cheated?

I agree.

I know there are dual treatment centers that handle those who have addictions and mental disorders. I am not one to answer about the 30 days, but in my personal opinion, Leah would have needed way more than 30 days treatment.

As for Miranda giving Leah stink face or harboring resentment towards Leah because of some cheating that went on and how dare she be mad at Leah and not Cory, I honestly believe Miranda's resentment and anger towards Leah is simple: Leah is a bitch and a full-time hypocrite. Leah has said some pretty awful shit about Cory. Leah has made HER resentment towards Cory a full-time mission. Leah has shown more resentment towards Cory than Miranda has towards Leah.  If Leah isn't bad-mouthing him on camera, she is bashing him on Twitter or in interviews. At some point, someone is going to stand up and take a stance. Miranda seems to be the obvious person since she is married to Cory. I don't know about ya'll, but if someone smeared my man's name just on social media, I'd be a fighting bitch. You'd only have to say something once. How Miranda has managed to be calm after all of this time, I will never know. We only get a small look at Leah's world. Miranda and Cory see it a lot more than we do. I am sure if Miranda is pissed off at Leah, she has plenty of reasons. Two of those reasons are Grace and Ali.

Just for the hell of it, can someone give me dates of when Cory and Miranda started dated, when they got married and when Leah and Jermy hooked up and eventually married.

You make an excellent point.

I'd also like to add, I've sadly had too many experiences of being cheated on by my husband.  It doesn't take much but the smallest thing can trigger a memory and I'm right back to the "discovery."  Just the other day a friend found out her husband had been doing exactly what mine had.  Just hearing her story had my stomach in knots.  I felt every emotion I felt when I found out.  It's like reopening a healed wound.  Maybe Miranda experiencedthe same thing.  It hurts to revisit and hear all over again. I was saying from the couch, "Just punch her, Miranda." hahaha

• Love 10

I have a real question about Leah's "treatment" , and I hope someone here can answer: Are there really inpatient places where someone can go for help with depression and anxiety? Aren't they called psychiatric hospitals? And can someone just check in for 30 days?

I'm not sure why Leah would think a psychiatric hospital would sound better or worse than drug rehab. I don't think there should be shame in getting well either way and I was surprised Drew went along with this story.

I missed some things but I did hear Drew ask about Ali. Leah said she thinks everyone knows Ali's condition is progressive but for now she is doing okay.

Drew does like to diagnose people he's never met, but in this case, Adam's story isn't really new to Drew. Adam is an alcoholic, or at the very least has a serious drinking problem. He didn't lose his license for having a few beers on the weekend. As to what kind of doctor he is, Drew is a medical doctor - he has an M.D. and is board certified in internal medicine and addiction medicine, unlike say Dr. Phil. Like Phil though, Drew is a famewhore.

I certainly am not a doctor, but as a viewer, Adam seems like the same angry nasty kid that treated Chelsea so badly after Aubrey [Aubree?] was born to me. He's still badmouthing Chelsea every chance he gets, he still isn't really interested in being a Dad to Aubrey, and he still has a big chip on shoulder. The only difference I can see is a physical difference and it's not a good one.

I can't say 100% whether treatment facilities solely treat anxiety and depression, because I'm sure there is always an exception, but in my experience, no... Inpatient therapy does not treat anxiety and depression as a primary diagnosis.

I know because there was a period of time where I had extremely bad anxiety, I literally threw up everyday multiple time per day from it, and I have also had bad period of depression, so we tried medicating first but it wasn't really helping, inpatient was the next option... They can treat at a "mental/psychiatric hospital" but that is usually just 4-5 days and then with an intensive out patient therapy program where you go home, but spend your days in a group therapy. We could not find an inpatient that would take me because my primary diagnosis was anxiety/depression... I didn't have any addiction issues. Treatment centers like the one Leah went it can treat anxiety and depression, but they do it as a dual diagnosis like with an addiction issue.

Like I said, I don't know if this is across the board true, but I did research quite a bit and that was what happened in my case.

• Love 5

I kind of think that Miranda can get past or did get past the cheating, but that she's not past the fact that Leah keeps alluding to it (last season's reunion) and bringing it up (this reunion). If I felt I had gotten past something like that and forgiven everyone, it would be damn hard not to "un-forgive" someone if they kept bringing it up on national television.

Leah was basically threatening to tell the story. Corey told her "Go ahead. I'm not afraid of you anymore, Leah."

I think he and Miranda came to an agreement that they were no longer going to let her hold that secret over Corey's head and threaten to spill the story whenever they called her on her "therapy" BS, etc. If that meant viewers would find out, oh well. Corey was willing to admit to Miranda and the audience that something happened. That took Leah's power away....and she hated it. You could tell how defensive she got when she realized her "Oh you want to go there?" threat was met with Corey essentially saying "Fine, let's go there."

I don't want it to be true but it seems it is. If Corey cheated on Miranda and they've made peace with it and moved on, that's between them. Leah needs to stop bringing it up...or at least someone needs to point out that Leah had to be cheating on her husband at the time (Jeremy) when she and Corey did whatever they did. I'm just saying if Corey is getting called out for cheating, Leah should be too. Even if the divorce with Jeremy is over, Dr. Drew should have said "Wait. Leah, weren't you cheating on Jeremy then?"

I'm so sick of Leah getting a pass for cheating (ie: sleeping with Robbie wasn't what broke her and Corey up, it was a truck; no mention of DeerCam Gate this season). If she's going to sit there and put Corey's cheating business out there, then she better have hers put on blast too. If Leah wants to sleep with every guy in Appalachia that's fine with me as long as she uses protection and doesn't bring them all around her girls. But don't do it when you're married. Also don't out someone else as a cheater or rub the cheating in their wife's face (on TV!) when you are big old cheater who cheats yourself.

Also, I'm disappointed in Corey. I REALLY hope these most recent rumors aren't true. He seems to despise her now, so I kind of think he couldn't even stand to be around her long enough to cheat....but who knows...

I can't say 100% whether treatment facilities solely treat anxiety and depression, because I'm sure there is always an exception, but in my experience, no... Inpatient therapy does not treat anxiety and depression as a primary diagnosis.

I know because there was a period of time where I had extremely bad anxiety, I literally threw up everyday multiple time per day from it, and I have also had bad period of depression, so we tried medicating first but it wasn't really helping, inpatient was the next option... They can treat at a "mental/psychiatric hospital" but that is usually just 4-5 days and then with an intensive out patient therapy program where you go home, but spend your days in a group therapy. We could not find an inpatient that would take me because my primary diagnosis was anxiety/depression... I didn't have any addiction issues. Treatment centers like the one Leah went it can treat anxiety and depression, but they do it as a dual diagnosis like with an addiction issue.

Like I said, I don't know if this is across the board true, but I did research quite a bit and that was what happened in my case.

This sounds correct. I read a book about Andrea Yates a year or so ago and I remember that part of the problem with her treatment (before she killed her children) was that the majority of in-patient treatment centers she went to were geared towards addiction recovery versus psychological problems like paranoid schizophrenia (which she had) and other mental illnesses. She wasn't an addict but most of the other patients were, so she ended up in group therapy several times a day with addicts and with sessions focusing on addiction. There didn't seem to be a long-term treatment center where she lived that was really geared towards addressing mental health aside from addiction (or at least not ones that accepted her insurance).

• Love 16

Re: Adam's possible drinking problem. I'm not an adherent to the American view of alcohol abuse as a binary where you are or are not an alcoholic. I think on one end of the spectrum are people who never have a drink in their life and on the other end are people who drink themselves to death before 30. I think most people fall in the middle and sort of move around the spectrum throughout their life. I don't think it's at all uncommon to go through periods of abuse/heavy drinking and then slow down and drink responsibly for other periods, or to be someone who is mostly a social drinking, but has a couple of wild night a year for pretty much your whole life. I just think people don't talk about for fear of being forced into a program they don't want.

So point being, Adam does seem to have some issue with alcohol of some kind. He has multiple DUIs so whatever else is going on he has a history of making bad choices when drinking. I think he thinks of an alcoholic as someone who drinks every day very heavily (the far end of the spectrum) which I doubt is Adam. He doesn't seem to have a big problem remaining sober at appropriate times. I don't remember him appearing drunk on camera, unlike Janelle or Leah who have appeared high many times while being filmed or Nathan who has been drunk on camera more times than he's been sober. I'm guessing this is what he views as a problem, which he doesn't have. Not that I'm all that interested in whether or not Adam has a drinking problem. I find being the addiction cop pretty boring.

I do however find it laughable that he thinks Chelsea should be involved with some sort of team effort to make him a good dad. Lord, she isn't your wife or even your girlfriend. She doesn't owe you shit. It is so not Chelsea's job to hold his hand through family court. If he wants his kids he's going to have to actually put in some effort because Chelsea doesn't look like she feels like clearing the path for Adam anymore.

• Love 11

That's EXACTLY why I think he went there!

He can still get in trouble if they pull him over coming back from CO with any in his car, and he probably will.

ETA: So, I watched again with CC on, and I was wrong about him talking about cheating. Sorry!

I always need CC for these people, and as thorough as it is, they can still put down "[unintelligible]" which cracks me up. Also, CC feels that all music in Teen Mom is "dramatic".

• Love 3

Leah is god-awful. She acts as though Corey should worry and carry as much as about her "needs" and "issues" as those of his children. He's worried about them killing themselves making toast alone and she's like "I might have had NARCOLEPSY! Why aren't you worried about me?!" Bitch, even if you have narcolepsy you still need to ensure your child's safety rather than crying all the time about what a victim you are. I'm sure people who have narcolepsy and small children have safeguards in place to make sure their children aren't ever in potentially mortal danger. They don't just throw their hands up and cry about how hard their lives are.

And, of course, she doesn't even have goddamn narcolepsy. It's called drug addiction-itis, Leah.

• Love 7

I kind of think that Miranda can get past or did get past the cheating, but that she's not past the fact that Leah keeps alluding to it (last season's reunion) and bringing it up (this reunion). If I felt I had gotten past something like that and forgiven everyone, it would be damn hard not to "un-forgive" someone if they kept bringing it up on national television.

Leah was basically threatening to tell the story. Corey told her "Go ahead. I'm not afraid of you anymore, Leah."

I think he and Miranda came to an agreement that they were no longer going to let her hold that secret over Corey's head and threaten to spill the story whenever they called her on her "therapy" BS, etc. If that meant viewers would find out, oh well. Corey was willing to admit to Miranda and the audience that something happened. That took Leah's power away....and she hated it. You could tell how defensive she got when she realized her "Oh you want to go there?" threat was met with Corey essentially saying "Fine, let's go there."

I don't want it to be true but it seems it is. If Corey cheated on Miranda and they've made peace with it and moved on, that's between them. Leah needs to stop bringing it up...or at least someone needs to point out that Leah had to be cheating on her husband at the time (Jeremy) when she and Corey did whatever they did. I'm just saying if Corey is getting called out for cheating, Leah should be too. Even if the divorce with Jeremy is over, Dr. Drew should have said "Wait. Leah, weren't you cheating on Jeremy then?"

I'm so sick of Leah getting a pass for cheating (ie: sleeping with Robbie wasn't what broke her and Corey up, it was a truck; no mention of DeerCam Gate this season). If she's going to sit there and put Corey's cheating business out there, then she better have hers put on blast too. If Leah wants to sleep with every guy in Appalachia that's fine with me as long as she uses protection and doesn't bring them all around her girls. But don't do it when you're married. Also don't out someone else as a cheater or rub the cheating in their wife's face (on TV!) when you are big old cheater who cheats yourself.

Also, I'm disappointed in Corey. I REALLY hope these most recent rumors aren't true. He seems to despise her now, so I kind of think he couldn't even stand to be around her long enough to cheat....but who knows...

This sounds correct. I read a book about Andrea Yates a year or so ago and I remember that part of the problem with her treatment (before she killed her children) was that the majority of in-patient treatment centers she went to were geared towards addiction recovery versus psychological problems like paranoid schizophrenia (which she had) and other mental illnesses. She wasn't an addict but most of the other patients were, so she ended up in group therapy several times a day with addicts and with sessions focusing on addiction. There didn't seem to be a long-term treatment center where she lived that was really geared towards addressing mental health aside from addiction (or at least not ones that accepted her insurance).

It's funny you brought up Andre's Yates, I'm from Houston like her... I even had the same psychiatrist (dr. Starbranch) for about a week (I saw her on a e-true Hollywood story and I was like wtf!! But she was a straight up bitch so I didn't stay with her).

But regarding Leah, I'm sorry but even if the issue truly was narcolepsy (which I do not believe at all) but wouldn't that still be a safety issue with the girlses? Actually maybe even more if one than drugs? If she truly can't control when she falls asleep, then it's like when people have seizure disorders and can't drive, I would venture that you also shouldn't be caring for 3 children. We even saw her falling asleep with a baby in her lap! If I were a judge that would just give me more assurance they should be with Corey, not necessarily to punish Leah, but for the safety of the children.

• Love 3

After the migraines, anxiety, depression, and spinal tap of course narcolepsy was a concern. It wasn't drugs so what else could it be.

She is so full of it, its ridiculous. Taking opiates everyday will make you tired, not taking them will make you tired and in pain. Maybe she thinks we all buy her BS.

• Love 4

Just for the hell of it, can someone give me dates of when Cory and Miranda started dated, when they got married and when Leah and Jermy hooked up and eventually married.

Leah and Corey m. October 2010 - April 14 2011

August 2011 — Leah begins dating her Facebook-stalker Jeremy

c. December 2011 Leah engaged after discovering pregnancy

Jan 2012 miscarriage; backlash to Leah smoking during pregnancy

February 2012  Leah finds texts to Jeremy's phone from strippers while he showers; soon after, magazines talk about Leah and Jeremy repeatedly breaking up and getting back together over trust issues and Jeremy's out-of-state work schedule

April 4, 2012 Jeremy and Leah's Kentucky wedding

May '12 Addie conceived 

February 4, 2013 Addie Calvert born

June 2012  Starcasm profiled Corey's new girlfriend Miranda

Dec. '12  Miranda accepts Corey's marriage proposal

June 7, 2013 Corey weds Miranda

May 2015 Corey and Miranda announce pregnancy due Jan. '16

Edited by cheatincheetos
  • Love 6

February 2012 Leah finds texts to Jeremy's phone from strippers while he showers; soon after, magazines talk about Leah and Jeremy repeatedly breaking up and getting back together over trust issues and Jeremy's out-of-state work schedule

May '12 Addie conceived

June 2012 Starcasm profiled Corey's new girlfriend Miranda

Dec. '12 Miranda accepts Corey's marriage proposal

Dam. Leah girl, you need to close up the shop. Give that vagina a rest. At least Cory waited a bit to have kids. Leah just jumps right in it

• Love 5

Again someone replace Dr. DREW please. Maybe Dr. PHIL, Dr. Wexler, Dr. Jen from couples therapy. Heck even Dr. OZ. Drew is a quack.

Leah throwing gracie under the bus is dead wrong. She doesn't gave adhd you don't parent her. She's fine with Cory.

Cory cheating with Leah, I mean why? He upgraded bug time. Leah must have a magical vagina. Monkey? ??? Da fuq. Leah just come clean. You get paid for your private life, can't have it both ways.

Adam, Leah, Jenelle are all the same. They blame others instead of themselves. Then when people point them out they throw tantrums like 2yos

• Love 5

I was thinking that maybe the disrespect to the marriage wasn't actual cheating but Leah trying to get him to cheat by sending flirting text messages or late night calls or something. I dunno I just didn't get the feeling it was actual cheating because it was shocking to see Leah take so much of the blame for that by saying "I " disrespected their marriage. I just feel like if Corey did something to she would have specifically said that. I know she threw out there that "where were you comment" but I think she would have gone further. Maybe they send dirty texts or something.

• Love 9

I think Adam was nasty and unprofessional because he is constantly met with hostility even when he claims to be trying to change his ways.  He needs to be given the benefit of the doubt.  As Randy said, it is too soon to see if Adam is able to turn it around, but it's not too soon to give him encouragement.  Let go how he was 6 years ago. Wait and see and hope for the best.

Adam has all the freedom he needs to change.  However, until his actions actually match his words, he shouldn't expect people to blindly believe him.  He's been an asshole for far too long.   Additionally, until he knocks that huge chip off his shoulder and accepts responsibility for his actions (something he's still not doing IMHO) he hasn't changed one bit.  He's still a selfish asshat who just exchanged one addiction for another.  I still can't believe there was no mention of the creepy friend.

Count me in the camp that thought Leah was on something.  Her eyes had that manic look.  I feel bad for Corey, it's obvious he wants a stable environment for the 'girlses'.  Unfortunately, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

• Love 7

This would be a completely different series if these women weren't having sacks of money thrown at them on a regular basis.  It is a whole different lifestyle when your number one priority is finding a way to put a roof over your head and food on the table, with a large portion of your paycheck handed over to someone for child care (been there done that).  They have options that 99% of teen moms will never have, yet MTV parades them in front of the cameras as if they have all accomplished something marvelous on their own.  Just once I'd like to hear Dr. Drew say, "You've been handed hundreds of thousands of dollars, and six years later this is all you have to show for it?"

• Love 15

February 2012 Leah finds texts to Jeremy's phone from strippers while he showers; soon after, magazines talk about Leah and Jeremy repeatedly breaking up and getting back together over trust issues and Jeremy's out-of-state work schedule

May '12 Addie conceived

June 2012 Starcasm profiled Corey's new girlfriend Miranda

Dec. '12 Miranda accepts Corey's marriage proposal

I'm probably going to get hell for this comment but my inner feminism is creeping out.

I didn't know Jermy had strippers texting him...I CAN SEE why Leah didn't want him going out of town. If that was true about the text I can see why Leah got insecure and cheated to feel sexy because her husband was frolicking at strip clubs while he's "working hard to support his family." Poor, Jeremy, to have to work out of state away from the screaming kids and having to put up with naked ladies texting you.

Meanwhile, Leah is home with the children 24/7 knowing her man his living the single life for weeks at a time coming home when he feels like it.

I felt bad for Corey being cheated on by Leah (although the pity is wearing thin if he did cheat on Miranda) but I don't feel sorry for Jermy!

Feminist rant over.

Cheating is wrong no matter what, I'm just saying I can see why Leah reached out to other men. I don't like her and she needs to be a better mom I'm just talking about this one aspect--her and Jeremy.

• Love 3
I think Leah said "eat stuff they're not supposed to". I thought she meant candy or an allergy or something, and I don't think she was actually saying she believed them. I thought she was trying to say that kids really do lie about stuff all the time. Which they do. My nephew tried to tell me his parents left him alone at home with the dog and the dog locked him out of the house and he had to sleep outside for a week. None of this happened. He's 4. He makes stuff up sometimes.

Very true. But we've SEEN the girls fending for themselves. We've seen Gracie blow drying her own hair or Addy tottering around by herself, while Leah shuts herself in her room. So it's not inconceivable to me that the toast story, and others, are true. Miranda forcing the kids to eat candy just don't make no sense. Plus, the way Leah feeds her kids, I have a hard time believing they'd think any food was off limits. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 3

This is a good point. It seems any time Corey calls Leah out on something she wants to bring his cheating up. But no one can mention the deer cam incident? Monkey!

• Love 2

I'm probably going to get hell for this comment but my inner feminism is creeping out.

I didn't know Jermy had strippers texting him...I CAN SEE why Leah didn't want him going out of town. If that was true about the text I can see why Leah got insecure and cheated to feel sexy because her husband was frolicking at strip clubs while he's "working hard to support his family." Poor, Jeremy, to have to work out of state away from the screaming kids and having to put up with naked ladies texting you.

Meanwhile, Leah is home with the children 24/7 knowing her man his living the single life for weeks at a time coming home when he feels like it.

I felt bad for Corey being cheated on by Leah (although the pity is wearing thin if he did cheat on Miranda) but I don't feel sorry for Jermy!

Feminist rant over.

Cheating is wrong no matter what, I'm just saying I can see why Leah reached out to other men. I don't like her and she needs to be a better mom I'm just talking about this one aspect--her and Jeremy.

However during that time period that he may have been texting strippers, they were not married and didn't have a child together. So get out of that relationship, it was a big bright red flag about the future. Instead she ignored it, married him and became pregnant again. I have no sympathy in that situation.

• Love 6

I hate it when people forgive the man, but blame the other woman too. I hope that isn't what Miranda is doing. I think Miranda has plenty of other reasons to be fed up with Leah, and she did try to express some of them, whereas Leah didn't seem to be able to come up with what Miranda has done that has been such a problem. She doesn't get out of the car at drop offs? Is that really a big deal?

100% agree with this. Cory was the one who promised to be faithful to Miranda. Her problem should be with him.

Totally agree with both of these!  I hate women (and men) who are quick to forgive their partner and stay with them and try to work things out but direct all their anger and hate toward the person their PARTNER cheated with. Yes it would have been nice if Leah didn't cheat on Jeremy and cross any lines with Cory but I'm sure she didn't hold Cory at gunpoint to make him sleep with her. It was Cory's CHOICE. While I really look down on Cory for doing this, Miranda's beef should 100% be with HIM not Leah. Now she can hate Leah for 25 other reasons including that she's a shitty mom, that Miranda gets no thanks for taking such good care of her kids, that Leah is on drugs etc. But as far as the cheating, that's all on Cory. While Leah is a terrible person, Cory was the one who was supposed to be committed to Miranda. If you have to worry about your partner not saying no to sex with other women then you have a problem. And its not with the other person.  Its pretty easy to be faithful to someone. Its an active choice not to be faithful. 

Adam is so delusional. If he really did spend $40,000 (I highly doubt he did, as others pointed out that is probably for his mountain of legal bills) to gain custody of the girls then I feel sorry for him that he was duped by some lawyer.  Guy clearly has no interest in his kids, he just wants to control the  mothers of his children. Add me to the list that is glad Cole did not appear. Contrast that to TM1 Amber's boyfriend Matt who was salivating at his chance to sit on the couch next to Dr. Dumbass and have him some teevee fame.

Leah and her Monkey was so annoying and childish. She was definitely high and hasn't gotten the help she needs. My heart breaks for Cory because he loves his girls so much and he has to worry himself sick when they are with Leah. She is not capable of taking care of them and is choosing drugs over their wellbeing. Not sure why Leah and Jeremy are getting along ( maybe she hasn't made him pay his child support in exchange for not writing a tell-all book lol) But Jerms should be concerned for little Adderal. I don't blame Miranda for behaving like she did. She's pregnant. she gets a pass. Ashamed of Drew for not defending her. If Leah can use narcolepsy, anxiety, depression, a full moon etc for her shitty behavior then Miranda can certainly use hormones as an excuse. I feel the worst for poor little Ali. She may not get to live to adulthood and her mother is making her life chaos. She should be able to live a fun, safe life in a stable home and yet her horrid mother keeps moving in with guys, breaking up families (first the one with her dad, then the one with her step dad) those poor kids don't know if they are coming or going. No wonder Gracie acts up!  Hate the host (I refuse to call him a dr.) as this point for being so soft on the two WORST mothers on the stage (Janelle and Leah) and acting like the fathers are such POS.

• Love 5

Very true. But we've SEEN the girls fending for themselves. We've seen Gracie blow drying her own hair or Addy tottering around by herself, while Leah shuts herself in her room. So it's not inconceivable to me that the toast story, and others, are true. Miranda forcing the kids to eat candy just don't make no sense. Plus, the way Leah feeds her kids, I have a hard time believing they'd think any food was off limits.

Right, kids make up stories (for example, when my parents took my 3 year old daughter swimming at their hotel pool, she told us that my dad threw her in the pool. He dangled her over the water so she could stick her feet in- she was too short to dangle her feet in by sitting on the edge- but at no point was she thrown in). It's good for people to remember that and give parents the benefit of the doubt. That said, Leah is comparing apples and oranges by saying she deserves the benefit of doubt because she gives it to Corey. Based on what we've seen, it's not a stretch that Leah fights with Jeremy and curses to the point where the girls hide in the laundry room. It's not a stretch that Leah disparages Corey in front of their kids. And it's certainly not a stretch that the kids feed themselves while Leah sleeps off her drug cocktail.

Corey on the other hand, has done nothing to make me think any of the above are happening under his roof.

I can't tell if Leah is a lying liar or is actually delusional enough to believe she's a stable parent.

• Love 6

If you have to worry about your partner not saying no to sex with other women then you have a problem. And its not with the other person. Its pretty easy to be faithful to someone. Its an active choice not to be faithful.

OT, but totally agree with this statement. It drives me absolutely batshit when some insecure girlfriend or wife complains about other women and says the following gem- I trust my partner- I just don't trust other women. I've heard that more than once and it's so irritating. If you trust your partner, you don't HAVE to trust other women, genius.

Ok, off topic rant over.

However, I will say if Miranda is angry at Leah for sleeping with Corey (assuming it happened, which I think it did), it might be less about the actual incident and more about Leah lording it over her. Like, I cheated on Corey and I can STILL get him, while you've been faithful and your reward is him still choosing me. I'm obviously better. I have no proof this is happening, but I don't think Leah would be above doing it.

• Love 10

http://okmagazine.com/get-scoop/ok-investigates-teen-moms-2-money-leah-messer-sitting-pretty-find-out-how-much-shes-worth/

from a couple year ago, mentions the $300k house..."unlike poor Jenelle, who is currently broke and living back at home with mom, Leah has managed to keep hold of her hard earned cash!"

"What do you think of Leah Messer's financial situation, has she earned the money or had an easy ride? Sound off in the comments below and tweet us @OKMagazine"

Hindsight is 20/20. LOL

So Leah was getting $75k for the season, $10 k child support, and $12k for the pics of Addie--and she still was running out of money and asking Jeremy for more? According to the article, Jerm was making $200k--so that's a combined gross of about $300 in a year--wow. I am not up on the street prices for opiates and other pills, but are they that expensive that Leah could've blown so much money on them that she doesn't have a home/ trailer bought and paid for?

It's hard to have sympathy for her, even though I realize that struggling with addiction ( coupled with some mental illness, probably) is very difficult. She has financial advantages and support from the children's fathers that many single mothers do not have.

• Love 4

So Leah was getting $75k for the season, $10 k child support, and $12k for the pics of Addie--and she still was running out of money and asking Jeremy for more? According to the article, Jerm was making $200k--so that's a combined gross of about $300 in a year--wow. I am not up on the street prices for opiates and other pills, but are they that expensive that Leah could've blown so much money on them that she doesn't have a home/ trailer bought and paid for?

It's hard to have sympathy for her, even though I realize that struggling with addiction ( coupled with some mental illness, probably) is very difficult. She has financial advantages and support from the children's fathers that many single mothers do not have.

Buying pills on the street is damn expensive. On the low end, 5mg vicodin/hydrocodone go for around $5 a piece. The more milligrams of opiate in the pill, the higher the price. I've known of people spending $60-$80 per pill when they were buying oxycontin and morphine. A friend of mine lost her house because she spent tens of thousands of dollars on pills instead of making her house payments. I can totally see Leah blowing through every penny she could get her hands on on her pillses. Bills be damned! She has anxiety, ya'll!

• Love 5

I was the original poster. Sorry I wasn't clear (I got interrupted before I finished my thought). I in no way meant to say I endorsed Leah or her bullshit. I only meant that I thought she said "supposed to" not "want to" and that her point wasn't that she thought she had dirt on Cory force feeding the kids candy or something, but that she gives him the benefit of the doubt when the girls come home with stories and he should do the same for her. In theory I think she is right. Kids say stuff all the time. The difference that neither Cory, Miranda, or Leah said was that Leah can roll her eyes at Gracie's tall tales because she knows they aren't true. Cory and Miranda can't because they don't know for sure. Leah for all of her snipping doesn't really attack their home. She knows her kids are safe there. Cory doesn't have that. He has no idea what is going on in Leah's home and good reason to fear the worst. So while Leah is right that kids lie about stuff all the time, Cory is right that something is wrong and it's affecting the girls.

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Love 9

Re: Adam's possible drinking problem. I'm not an adherent to the American view of alcohol abuse as a binary where you are or are not an alcoholic. I think on one end of the spectrum are people who never have a drink in their life and on the other end are people who drink themselves to death before 30. I think most people fall in the middle and sort of move around the spectrum throughout their life. I don't think it's at all uncommon to go through periods of abuse/heavy drinking and then slow down and drink responsibly for other periods, or to be someone who is mostly a social drinking, but has a couple of wild night a year for pretty much your whole life. I just think people don't talk about for fear of being forced into a program they don't want.

I agree.  Especially when you are talking about young adults in their early 20's.  It's irresponsible to put a label on everyone - you're an alcoholic!  You're not an alcoholic! 

Adam's arrests/drinking etc all occur under the age of 25 when a lot of males are still immature have poor impulse control. This is why the court rooms are filled with young people.  People turn it around all the time as they enter their mid to late 20's.  Hopefully he's getting support from his family because it's tough to make changes on your own.

• Love 2

from a couple year ago, mentions the $300k house..."unlike poor Jenelle, who is currently broke and living back at home with mom, Leah has managed to keep hold of her hard earned cash!"

Leah has had two husbands supporting her and the benefit of child support payments. Whatever else you might say about Jenelle, it looks like she's mostly been on her own financially. I doubt Barb can afford to help much with money, and both baby daddies are deadbeats. That's why Jenelle is broke and Leah's not. Leah is spending everyone else's money.

• Love 6

Plus Leah and the Messer clan have blasted Corey and Miranda on social media too. Leah went on a rant about Corey and Miranda's marriage and how it wasn't perfect, I believe. I think it was her sister that ranted about Miranda in a post.
  • Love 4

Mike Tyson must have been her financial guru.

• Love 5

Don't forget the trunkload of MaryKay!!!

• Love 4

Hahahaha! I think this is my favorite post in the year plus I've been reading on the Previously TV forum! Brilliant post and brilliant business plan for Adam & Nathan. They may want to include a childcare center at their gym for when Nathan can't catch up to Jenelle on the highway to throw Kaiser into her car & speed away.....or when Adam's parents have something to do the weekend he has Aubree.

Yup,  And that daycare center (which will be run by Adumb's parents no doubt) should be called "Jesus Take the Wheel Daycare and What Not".

Who was it who yelled "Monkey! Monkey!" at the reunion?

Wasn't Leah's mom the one shouting "Monkey" off-camera?  Was I reading correctly when other posters alluded to some kind of footage showing a "dust up" between Mama Dawn and Miranda or something?  If there was some footage like that floating around it makes me wonder why MTV cut it out of the reunion special.  Now that is something I would have liked to have seen! vs. Dr. Stupid Sad Panda lobbing softball questions at Leah or Jenelle.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 5

Well, that's a lot of money to blow in a year, even on drugs. I am really thinking Leah kicks over money to Mama Dawn to help supplement her now that Lee is gone.

Yeah didn't she buy her sister a car as well? Not to mention buying brand new appliances for her house. I had to buy a new W/D to replace my 20 year old W/D and nearly fainted when they rang my purchase up at Lowes.
  • Love 1